Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/05/04 08:19 PM
Well its never too early to start setting something up like this, so I wanna know if we're going to have a decent turnout this year. I hope to be bringing atleast 3 other Tours/ETC's with me this year. I really liked staying at the cabins in Tellico Plains for many reasons, price ($35.00 a night), the cabins themselves are nice and the general closeness to the Cherahola Skyway which for those of you who don't know, leads right into the Dragon! I'm thinking the end of Sept/beginning of Oct for going down there with a Thursday being the travel day, Friday going out there w/o as much traffic, Saturday outing again and Sunday being the travel day home, so who all is interested
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/05/04 10:26 PM
It would have to be on a weekend...
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/05/04 11:33 PM
Whoops, guess I didn't read that very thoroughly. I'm down...Where is it exaclty?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/06/04 12:41 AM
Roger you dont even have to ask Eric and I. We're there dude.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/06/04 03:18 AM
I really really wanna come. Friday will be my travel day and hopefully I'll get there early enough to do something. I may or may not bring other vehicles. I may also go back Saturday after all the driving,etc. I won't have any money to spend, so I don't even know if I'll be able to make it yet, and I may also need to share a room with someone (but I may bring someone, so that's not a worry yet).
Roger, FWIW Petit Le Mans is the weekend of September 25 and four of last years Dragon runners will be there.

Oh, and with the exception of the sulfer water, the cabins rock!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/07/04 01:08 AM
Quote:

Roger you dont even have to ask Eric and I. We're there dude

You sound like Butthead from "Beavis and Butthead" saying "we're there dude", LOL! Lets just hope this time you and Eric have tires w/ treads and hopefully Erics ride has some new rotors and pads too, just to be on the safe side

Some asked where its at, well check this out Tail of the Dragon
This will answer all of your questions and then some You can also go to www.killboy.com and scroll into their archives (Oct 3-5, 2003) and you'll see my Striped SVT, Josh's black FSVT w/ the bad-ass CF hood and Eric's T-red SE sportin' those 40-series tires.

As far as distance goes, well, I drove 580 miles, but we had people from Georgia, Tenn and N.C show up to this and I hope we have a better showing from Michigan this year as I was the only one who made the trip For me the trip was 10 1/2 hrs, no biggie because of the anticipation of whats waiting for you there on Route 129!

BigmoneyRacing: I think we can skip the weekend of Oct 25th if it means we'll have a better turnout
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/07/04 02:18 PM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
we had people from Georgia, Tenn and N.C show up to this

and alabama!!

BigmoneyRacing: I think we can skip the weekend of Oct 25th if it means we'll have a better turnout

sept. 25th for PLM - not oct.

i'm also going to be out-of-pocket that last weekend in sept./1st weekend in october - my office is taking a trip to the beach, and i can't very well turn down a free vacation, now can i?

how about the 2nd weekend in october - 10/8-10?

i'm definitely interested....would love to see how the G35c will handle the dragon as compared to the miata last fall.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/07/04 04:32 PM
The wife & I are definately in. I drove the Dragon last year - one week after you guys were there. It's a 14 hour drive for me to roll into my favorite motel in Sweetwater, TN, but the Dragon is well worth the annual effort!!!

If anybody is interested in accomodations other than the cabins, Best Western Sweetwater is just a 20 minute warm up drive from the south end of the Skyway, has free breakfast buffet (with everything), and an indoor pool and jacuzzi.
Yeah I'll be there. 225's now. I knew I shoulda got out of the Blue Rotor club, but I bought headers and an exhaust instead.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/07/04 10:39 PM
So please excuse my ignorance, but where is exactly is this?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/08/04 02:05 PM
www.tailofthedragon.com if you're asking about the Dragon run & the Skyway. Very informative web site, from details of the many roads in the areas to places to eat & stay.

Sweetwater, TN is right off I-75 at Highway 68 if that is what you're askin' about. A short drive east down scenic 68 & you'll be at the south end of the Skyway.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/08/04 09:14 PM
You know theres wheel whores, exhaust whores and then theres Blake...sweet ride whore. When did you get the G35c and what does it look like, any pics I thought that Miata was going to tie you over, but I should've known.

As far as the second week of Oct, I don't have a problem with that, anyone else
he posted some crappy photos over in pics and vids back when he got it. blake, is there a "virginal" photo angle remaining?
Posted By: robb99se Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/09/04 11:28 AM
Well, it's like a 10 hour drive for me to Tellico Plains not to bad. The next step is checking with my wife about a "mini" vacation.

Does any one here have kids? If so what do you guys do drag them along? I have a 10 month old.

Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/09/04 01:39 PM
You know theres wheel whores, exhaust whores and then theres Blake...sweet ride whore. When did you get the G35c and what does it look like, any pics I thought that Miata was going to tie you over, but I should've known.

my cardomain page has the crappy pics BMR speaks of - http://miata.cardomain.com/memberpage/446517/5; that's about it....i need to take some good ones but right now i have a curbed wheel that is keeping me from taking any close-up's.

got it about 3 months ago - sold my grand cherokee in march and ended up trading the miata on the G35c. wish i coulda kept it - fun little car - but it had to go so that i could afford the G35, and i couldn't live w/ a miata as an only car. lol.

Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
he posted some crappy photos over in pics and vids back when he got it. blake, is there a "virginal" photo angle remaining?

a bit below the belt there, but point taken.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/09/04 02:20 PM
My wife & youngest were with me on the last Dragon run. I even brought my dog. The smokey mountains area is some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country - especially in mid October. The trip will be mostly about that. Even the roads leading up to the Skyway & the Dragon are designated scenic highways - like Hwy 68 for example. If you must have other things to entertain the troops:

There are flee markets, antique shops, the underground lake, and Chattanooga is a nice place to visit with the family too - Tennessee Valley Railroad & all. Dollywood a few hours north and there are even a few wineries to visit. They make a respectable Reisling in Tennessee.

Not to mention the camping, scenic overlooks (which we'll likely pull over to sightsee), boating, fishing, fall leaves, and the Smokey Mountains Parkway is quite popular that time of year, but watch your speed up there. Strict enforcement.

I've not been to the Indian Reservations & villages. Anything to write home about??

Please fill me in on what is available on the NC side of the border....
Yeah, there's all kinds of stuff to keep the little ones occupied. I mean, I get cranky after lunch if I haven't had my nap, but I'm usually well behaved.

Like Jim said, all the roads are a great drive. From where me and Josh live, we don't even touch the interstate. It's all 2-laners from Dayton to Tellico Plains.
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/09/04 05:14 PM
I would like to come, hopefully I will have more suspencion mods.depends on date
So who all is coming? I know me and Josh will be there; and Jim owes me a drag race in Chattanooga.

Also, what's the definite date? It looks like a lot of people are leaning more towards the second weekend in October instead of the first. That's cool by me; just seems like that'd be better for you'ins.

I'll see ya'll there.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/11/04 03:19 AM
I should be there.
Has the date been set?? If a confirmed date was I could check my clendar check with the ball and chain and also work about taking a long weekend.

Thanks
Posted By: TourDeForce Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/11/04 02:02 PM
Second weekend in October it is. Let's make it definite. The closer we are to mid October, the better the scenery will be without debris on the roads. Let's start an accomodations thread so folks can make plans & get an idea of their expenses.

I'll be staying in my favorite Best Western in Sweetwater - Just 'cause the old man there is cool. I'll get some pricing and post it in the accomodations thread with the rest of your suggestions.
Cool, Oct. 8, 9, 10 it is.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/12/04 03:22 AM
Cool, we need to contact the dragon website so they'll put it on their calendar.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/12/04 10:20 AM
I'm all for the second weekend of October, know lets see if any of my SE MI CEG-ers will make it out with me Either way, I'm coming and it looks like were going to have a good turnout for this one! I'll make another post for this soon and that one can have a bunch of hotel/cabin info on it, but this one can stay here for awhile telling everyone about the good times we've all had out there, this one is going to be EPIC
now lets see if any of my SE MI CEG-ers will make out with me

Aren't you married?!??!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/12/04 08:14 PM
You know I am Eric, but my wife has vowed to NEVER again go to the Dragon Its kinda funny that she'll go to Cedar Point but doesn't trust the Contour I tell her theres No brakes, steering wheel, etc on the coater but she said its on rails. Then I said so is the CSVT, to a point, but you gotta have good tires, REAL good tires and brakes for that matter...right Eric I'm pretty sure a guy from my work is going down there with me, so I'm alright there. BTW Eric, can you post those pics from killboy.com that he took of our cars, I couldn't find them this morning
You can't direct link pics from Killboy's site. You have to go to www.killboy.com and search the date: Saturday, October 4, 2003. I think we're in the group B cars.

Try this link:
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?ArrangePhotos

Yeah that's the right date. Look on page 12.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/12/04 09:07 PM
I wish we had Group B cars.
Then we'd be dead.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/13/04 02:09 AM
What are you talkin' about, I can handle a Lancia with a turbo AND a S/C-er, no problem
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/13/04 04:15 AM
Do you really have to have good brakes? Running the dragon isn't gonna trash my brakes is it? And will my contiextremes do OK?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/13/04 04:53 PM
Your tires should do fine. You brakes will be ok as long as they're not worn to a frazzle. There is not much elevation change on the Dragon. tailofthedragon.com has a cross section elevation map if you wanna see it. Someplace like the Overlook in Chattanooga has some relentless hills that will push the limits on stock brakes when you're on the way back down, but the Dragon won't do you much harm there. I run stock brakes and have had no problem - even when fully loaded.
As long as you don't push harder than your car is capable, you'll be fine. Roger is making fun of my old 205 Kumho's and stock blue rotors. Each part of your car has a limit, and as long as you don't cross that, you'll have a blast.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/13/04 08:56 PM
I only ran the Dragon/Cherhola Skyway one way, going from Tellico Plains into the Skyway and then into the Dragon, not the other way around, but I will. I did notice a sign on the way to the Dragon that said 12% grade Lucky for me I was going up it, not down it, but I'll experience that too

I'd atleast check your brakes before the trip and if they're over half worn, replace them. I went ahead and replaced mine at 44K and even though I had over 1/2 the pads left in the front, I replaced the pads w/ carbon/ceramic and also replaced the front rotors. I figured the $150.00 I spent is alot cheaper than paying my deductable for a new front clip

Eric, I hope you and Josh have some good tires for the run, I worried about you guys last year As far as your rotors go, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a set of CSVT brakes on it by now, with everyone upgrading to the FSVT brakes and all.

All I can say about the Dragon is this, DON'T BE STUPID
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/13/04 09:11 PM
I will have to have new tires and suspension before then. Left front shock is KAPUT!! Still debating between Kuhmo ASXs and Dunlop FM901s again. But I should be prepared by then, would also like to get the crappy hood painted.
I've got the ASX's and they won't do you justice, Josh. They'll last a lot longer than your Dunlops and especially the wonderful Conti's. But grip is not their forte. If you want longevity, then yeah these are great, but high performance; eh, so-so.

Brake rotors shmake rotors! I'll be sure to spray on some Armor All and WD-40 so they'll shine like the sun.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/14/04 03:41 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
As long as you don't push harder than your car is capable, you'll be fine. Roger is making fun of my old 205 Kumho's and stock blue rotors. Each part of your car has a limit, and as long as you don't cross that, you'll have a blast.

I've been known with having a problem of going past my car's limits, repeatedly. I wish I had some real performance tires, all-seasons just don't do my car justice. And the contis break loose without any warning, so I gotta be real careful. My brakes are pretty new, but they're cheap, but I guess I'll run the crap outta them if I have to and throw some new brakes on if I destroy these.
Gotta get the lifetime breaks from Midas. They all know me by name.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/14/04 11:00 AM
My rear brakes were taken care of when my ride was getting repaired back in late April/early May. They turned the rotors and replaced the pads, the insurance covered that one too I can't wait to see how my new suspension, SS brake lines and those new Goodyear F1's handle and slay the Dragon
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/17/04 03:23 PM
With the Azenis and the 3L...

Hopefully I will have the H&R's and Bilsteins on by then ,
depends on funds available.
Posted By: robb99se Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/18/04 10:46 PM
so the date is officially set at Oct 9-10 I will check with the boss then I will check with work LOL Looking forward to meeting some you guys

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/19/04 02:51 PM
Originally posted by robb99se:
so the date is officially set at Oct 9-10 I will check with the boss then I will check with work LOL Looking forward to meeting some you guys

Yeah, the rest of you are a buncha freaks!!!
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/19/04 04:14 PM
I plan on attending,I'll know for sure when it getts closer to October.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/19/04 05:31 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by robb99se:

Yeah, the rest of you are a buncha freaks!!!

Even if I am a freak, wanna meet up somewhere along I-75 or whatever road we take to get up there? I'd like to see how my zetec does against your car on the highway (in other words, I wanna see how much you pull on me).
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/19/04 08:41 PM
Great idea! I'm game. Be fun to run up to the Dragon with ya. I may pick up a few panhandle Contiques on the way up too! We shall see... (daydreaming of 4-5 Contiques caravanning up I-75 through Chattanooga...)
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/19/04 09:13 PM
I will be there Thursday, Oct 7th, as its my "travel day" I should be pullin into Tellico Plains around 3:30-4:00 p.m., get checked in and head over to the Tellica Cafe' for some good eatin Southern hospitality is something that I've never taken for granted, trust me!
Hey Jim and Ross, even better idea, ya'll meet up here in Chattanooga and me and Josh will take you the back way across TN instead of the lame interstate.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 12:39 AM
Hey Jim and Ross, even better idea, ya'll meet up here in Chattanooga and me and Josh will take you the back way across TN instead of the lame interstate.

That reminds me. This guy, Eric. He's NUTZ !!

His car is waaaaayyyyy too shiney too.
Aw c'mon Jim, I polished the tips on my SVT exhaust tonight. You'll like the ride. We'll go relatively close to the speed limit.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 02:05 AM
I hate driving around with you. Everbody talks about how cool it is that you have a guy follow you with a parts car.

Edit: There I changed my sig...
AHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAA!!!! But if Ross follows you, then my parts car has its own parts car!

Honestly now Jim, you could never be my parts car; your's is too dirty.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 03:47 AM
AHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAA!!!! But if Ross follows you, then my parts car has its own parts car!

Hey. My car isn't worthy of being a parts car, it needs about 5 parts cars of its own.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 02:19 PM

Honestly now Jim, you could never be my parts car; your's is too dirty.

DAMN I HATE YOU!!

J/K

Back on topic, this is gonna be one fun meet. I really hope I can drag a bunch of FL guys up there. They'll have a BLAST!

Eric is gonna have a few surprises installed on his car, and maybe I'll start on my super-secret plans too... Hmmmm. Oops! Gotta keep quiet...(slinks out of the room)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 07:50 PM
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/calendar.html We're now listed, and because I emailed them, my email is the contact info. I'll probably just refer anyone that emails me to this thread.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dragon Run 04' - October 9 & 10 - 07/20/04 09:03 PM
Erics ride if very shiney, even though he doesn't use the "G" or "M" product, LOL! Are we going to have a car show while were there? The reason I ask is because the Saturday that we went out on the Dragon last year there was one behind the Hardee's
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/20/04 09:45 PM
You know theres wheel whores, exhaust whores and then theres Blake...sweet ride whore.

I think maybe someone else might be giving Blake a little competition in that department. Or maybe not.

I might be able to make it. Have to check the calendar.

Dan
Erics ride if very shiney, even though he doesn't use the "G" or "M" product, LOL! Are we going to have a car show while were there? The reason I ask is because the Saturday that we went out on the Dragon last year there was one behind the Hardee's

I'd get laughed out of the lot at that car show. And I do use a little of the "M" stuff: PlastX for the headlights.
Originally posted by Blorton:
I think maybe someone else might be giving Blake a little competition in that department. Or maybe not.

Dan

Fully realizing that a bike on the dragon is the shiz, I request you bring the C5 so that we can have a comparo with the G35c; pretty please.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 03:38 AM
For those of you that don't subscribe to the se-ceg yahoo mailing list, there is interest on there from some people that don't frequent the forums,,, this should be a very good meet.
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Blorton:
You know theres wheel whores, exhaust whores and then theres Blake...sweet ride whore.

Dan

hope you can make it....shoot, hope *i* can make it...but if you do come, i concur w/ matt - bring the C5!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
For those of you that don't subscribe to the se-ceg yahoo mailing list, there is interest on there from some people that don't frequent the forums,,, this should be a very good meet.

That's cool.
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 06:51 PM
Actually, I was planning to bring the C5 anyway.

Just need to see if I can get away.

Dan
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 07:00 PM
For those of you that don't subscribe to the se-ceg yahoo mailing list...

You mean there is a mailing list?

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 07:24 PM
My boss was messin' with me. I asked for a couple days off around the Dragon Run & he said no. So I submitted a sick day slip for the days I wanted off.

Either way, I'm comin'.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 08:58 PM
As far as what car I'd like to drive on the Dragon between the C5 and G35c, well, if the C5 is a stick, I'd go with that simply because of the torque, but the G35c is a sweet lookin' ride that I'd take over the 350-Z, even if they share the same DNA.

With this meet/Dragon Run getting some legs, I need to put up another post, get it thumbtacked and start having people putting up the hotel/cabin info up

This run IS going to be great and hope everyone who's tryin' to make it out, does
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/21/04 09:13 PM
With this meet/Dragon Run getting some legs, I need to put up another post, get it thumbtacked and start having people putting up the hotel/cabin info up

Already done, just needs a little push-pin thingy. I hope I did OK - feel free to add to the thread if you've got more/better info... or even pictures.

This run IS going to be great and hope everyone who's tryin' to make it out, does

Shaping up to be a nice meet, I'm guessing about 15 cars so far from what I've read. Gonna be a blast for sure!!
Just like last year, we'll split off into small groups to actually run the Dragon. That'll minimize the risk of meeting the fuzz. Or if one group gets nailed, the others will still be in the clear.

On a personal note, it's been one year since my last ticket. Let's push my luck.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/22/04 04:43 AM
I wanna be in a group that goes fast. I got my escort 8500, it also helps to minimize fuzz contact.
Ok, you run with Matt and Roger's SVTs, Dan's C5, and Blake's G35c. Oh and we'll let Josh lead your group.

Me and Jim will roll chilly willy, well under the speed limit.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/22/04 09:12 PM
You really don't need a radar detector out there, especially on the Dragon as speeds can't get too high, but the drifts can I'd like to the last car as I'm not too crazy and/or experienced out there, so I don't want to hold up the "experienced" slayers. I kinda want to go out there with Josh and Eric as we went out there last year, so we'll play it by ear How many days is again !
yeah, the only place I could fathom using a radar detector would be on the skyway.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/23/04 02:49 AM
I think if I'm in front, I'll hold up everyone else, I think if I'm in back and something happens requiring good brakes, the person in front of me will be very angry. Maybe I should drive alone. Kidding, we'll see how it goes. Maybe do a few test drives to see what cars should run together.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/23/04 02:52 AM
I wanna be in a group that goes fast. I got my escort 8500, it also helps to minimize fuzz contact.

Why....your car ain't fast!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/23/04 03:18 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Why....your car ain't fast!

No, it's not quick, but it could be classified as fast (even if it takes 10 minutes before it reaches that classification).
Also bear in mind the speed limit for the NC side of the Dragon is 55. 35 on the TN side. I can't remember what it is on the Cherahola though.

Anyway, don't worry Ross, I think a group of 3-4 cars is ideal and we'll all be able to make multiple runs. So if one order doesn't work out best, then we can try a different one.
Posted By: robb99se Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/23/04 02:17 PM
How far out should I reserve a cabin/room?

Check the accomodations thread stickied with this one. Jim posted a lot of good places.
I think the old bag and I are gonna run up there Saturday. Gotta make sure the road's still there, ya know. And make sure the car's still slow. Aw.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/23/04 07:32 PM
I think the old bag and I are gonna run up there Saturday. Gotta make sure the road's still there, ya know. And make sure the car's still slow. Aw.

I'm tellin'!!!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 03:33 AM
I'll lead a pack I dont care. Although everyone will laugh when they see a Focus runnin off from a C5 and a G35. Everyone remember to bring FRS radios this year!!!!!
Originally posted by SVTaslinger:
I'll lead a pack I dont care. Although everyone will laugh when they see a Focus runnin off from a C5 and a G35. Everyone remember to bring FRS radios this year!!!!!

Bwahahaha!!! That's almost as funny as the UT defense last year against Auburn!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 12:03 PM
Remember this, you don't really need a fast car out there on the Dragon, you just need a good handling car with good brakes I too would rather be in the back of the pack, this way I can see all the action if front of me, cool
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 03:48 PM

Oh, no. Here it comes.....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 05:14 PM

I'll go buy one (or two) if everyone is gonna be using them. So is everyone gonna be using them? And I found out something last nite, the speedometer doesn't go high enough on our cars.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 07:43 PM
I'll be bringing my pair of two-ways...10-4 good buddy
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/24/04 09:19 PM

ooooh....that's gonna leave a mark.

<war eagle!!!>

back to the topic at hand - i don't see myself leading a pack, that's for sure. i just replaced one of my rear tires thanks to a particularly devious nail, and i'd really rather not wear out a set of $300/apiece pilot sports any sooner than absolutely necessary!

but, i AM looking forward to seeing how the G35 likes the dragon.... even if it is at 8-9/10ths instead of balls-to-the-wall, all-out speed.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/25/04 02:41 AM
Quote:

i'd really rather not wear out a set of $300/apiece pilot sports any sooner than absolutely necessary!

but, i AM looking forward to seeing how the G35 likes the dragon.... even if it is at 8-9/10ths instead of balls-to-the-wall, all-out speed.

Come on now Blake, your not going to push hard enough to eat a set of tires in a weekend, noone has ever done that...have they I'm sure some "spirited" driving will not ruin your tires and besides, you don't have to replace them with $300.00 per tires you know, theres many choices out there when the time comes Who knows, you might not even have the car when its time to replace them so let the next guy worry about it

Now I have a question for the "experienced" Dragon slayers out there. Who has gone out there at night time and whats it REALLY like? The reason I ask is because I might be able to get up the nerve to do it, but I know its risky, but is it do-able using extra caution I'm not trying to some wreckless idiot as I value my life and I'm sure my wife and kids would miss me! So, honestly, tell me what it is like.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/25/04 03:36 AM
Quote:

i'd really rather not wear out a set of $300/apiece pilot sports any sooner than absolutely necessary!

What'd ya git them fancy things fer if'n ya ain't-a-gonna use em?

Who has gone out there at night time and whats it REALLY like?

Best analogy I can think of...at this late hour (rubs eyes):

Imagine you're in the wilderness & hungry, almost starving. Along comes a small black bear, also hungry. Black bear is good eatin' and you want to get him in a hurry because if he gets away you may starve. At the same time you gotta be really smart about it, cause IT could kill YOU too.

That is the rush of the Dragon at night - quite intense for the first time through - if you're not used to mountain roads. I'm not used to mountain roads, they're few & far between in Florida. Actually, there aren't any at all in Florida.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/25/04 03:43 AM
The Dragon at night is a little piece of heaven on Earth. Most of the turns are blind during the day so at night you can actually see headlights from a long ways off. Plus, no cops, no bikes. BTW, tousche on the Auburn TN comment.
Just don't try to film it at night.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/26/04 08:15 PM
I may venture out there at night, anyone want to lead a group out there
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/27/04 02:38 AM
I'm all about leading a night run. I'll bring video from a night run you can view in the morning so you can make a desicion.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/27/04 03:35 AM
I'm in for a nite run, though of course not leading.
I'm all about leading a night run. I'll bring video from a night run you can view in the morning so you can make a desicion.

Yeah, it's a great video. Chock full of me cussin' after I hit myself in the face with the camera.
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 07/27/04 01:30 PM
Quote:

What'd ya git them fancy things fer if'n ya ain't-a-gonna use em?

i never said i was going to drive miss daisy - just that i'm not going to be drifting through every one of those 318 turns.

Come on now Blake, your not going to push hard enough to eat a set of tires in a weekend, noone has ever done that...have they I'm sure some "spirited" driving will not ruin your tires and besides, you don't have to replace them with $300.00 per tires you know, theres many choices out there when the time comes

eh, i'm not *really* worried about it - but i wouldn't be surprised if a couple of good, "spirited" runs might wear down at least the shoulders of the tires pretty noticeably. of course, the rear of the G35 has so much negative camber from the factory that my rears may actually wear evenly....

i'll probably replace the pilot sports w/ toyo T1S's when the time comes, but those aren't a whole heck of a lot cheaper than the pilot sports. the joys of 18" performance tires....

Who knows, you might not even have the car when its time to replace them so let the next guy worry about it

we'll see, we'll see....

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/01/04 02:45 AM
I have an idea, maybe we can get a day counter put up in the main forum like we had for SZ04'
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/01/04 03:08 AM
So is there any Class C cars that would welcome my little ZX2?

If so, I'll join. Any other case, you guys will out run me.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/01/04 05:49 AM
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:

You definitely gotta come. I'm sure you can keep up with a few people, like Eric. I just bought some FRS radios today. I'm ready to go.

You definitely gotta come. I'm sure you can keep up with a few people, like Eric.

Yeah.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 12:25 AM
C'mon out for the Dragon Run!! I own a ZX2 so I'll be nice to ya!

If you really must, put a rear bar on that thing & a set of Tokico struts & you'll do just fine! There'll be a few Zetec engines shooting the Gap with you, I'm sure...
One of those Zetecs is an SVT, does that still count?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 02:22 AM
New tires will be here tomorrow YAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 02:54 AM
Quick question, I got these FRS radios with rechargeable batteries, should I always leave the base plugged in and the batteries charging? Should I completely drain the batteries, then just charge them fully again before I go to use them? Or does it not even matter? Thanks.
What did you end up getting, Josh? Another set of the Dunlops? Lacy told me the other day he sent off his 16"s to be powdercoated black. I'm still shocked he's actually done something instead of just talking about it!!!

Ross, I'd reckon you'd charge it like a new cell phone. Fully charge it, then drain it, then fully charge it, then drain it, then fully charge it and you're ready to go. I reckon.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 03:10 AM
Quick question, I got these FRS radios with rechargeable batteries, should I always leave the base plugged in and the batteries charging? Should I completely drain the batteries, then just charge them fully again before I go to use them? Or does it not even matter? Thanks.

Ok, Ok... I'll bite, what is an FRS radio?
Can I use my hand-held CB to talk to you guys?
If not, what kind of radio do I get & how much are they?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 03:32 AM
Thanks Eric, I'll do that.

FRS radios are those small 2 way radios that you can get just about anywhere. They have 14 channels and "up to" 2 mile range (usually, some have more but cost more) though it's closer to one mile. They are cheap cheap cheap. You can get a single unit for less than $10. I got two with cases, ear phone and microphones, charger, and rechargeable batteries for $25 from circuit city. A CB radio won't work with these. You can even get a watch that is also a FRS radio. Many, including the ones I got, have VOX (voice activated) feature so you don't even have to press a button to talk, you just talk,,, if you wanna do it that way.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 05:40 AM
Score!

Hell, if Ross is letting me hold an FRS radio, it's definitely worth coming now! I was tempted when told I could keep up with Eric, but I realised that's not a very big feat to accomplish.

I am so strapped for cash though, so I'll have to limit my changes to the ZX2 to the foglights and Silverstars I just bought recently. If anything, I might shoot for some sort of rear stabilizer/strut tower brace, but I'm not sure. My sister borrowed the car to go to VSU in Valdosta and my car came back with red Tire Flies on it.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 01:14 PM
Now, keep in mind I probably won't have the ZX2 with me for the Dragon Run, my daughter will have it for college.

Anyway, rear sway bar, ~$120 plus shipping
Tokico struts ~ $180 plus shipping

You might be able to get a better deal on the struts via Ebay.
I was tempted when told I could keep up with Eric, but I realised that's not a very big feat to accomplish.

You're not invited anymore, Mr. Meanypants.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 04:13 PM
I was tempted when told I could keep up with Eric, but I realised that's not a very big feat to accomplish.

You're not invited anymore, Mr. Meanypants.

You'll be alright. I got beaten by a Suburban yesterday. It's those damn tire flies I tell ya.
All right, you better leave 'em on.
d@mn y'all are the talkingest bunch!
And we still ain't got nothin to say.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 09:15 PM
Yes Eric, I went with the FM 901's again. Tires will arrive 8/3 then $1000 worth of insurance, then EIBACH pro kit. We will be set to kill the Dragon.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 09:44 PM
And we still ain't got nothin to say.

True.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/02/04 10:52 PM
I think a ZX2 would be a good car out there, especially the S/R edition with its lower ride height BTW, did we get that counter yet
Yes Eric, I went with the FM 901's again. Tires will arrive 8/3 then $1000 worth of insurance, then EIBACH pro kit. We will be set to kill the Dragon.

Sweet. Thought you needed struts and clutch?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 01:56 AM
The Eibach Pro Kit is springs/struts/shocks.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 02:20 AM
Has this meet been posted on other forums like NECO, focaljet, zx2 forums,etc? I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger group of fords out there.
Ya know what Ross? I'm in the middle of posting this on Focal Jet right now!

Edit: Focal Jet thread

Edit numero doseyo: NECO thread
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 02:32 AM
You da man.
I know.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 03:16 AM
Eric, could you also post in the non-carolina sections on those forums? Like post in the SR section on focaljet and the georgia,tennessee,etc. on neco.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 03:40 AM
I think a ZX2 would be a good car out there...

Was that [gasp] .....PRAISE?!

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 03:57 AM
I think a ZX2 would be a good car out there...

Was that [gasp] .....PRAISE?!

Get a few suspension mods & that praise will be WELL deserved.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 05:22 AM
Nifty!

Until then, I've just changed my signature accordingly. Nobody will ever know I drove that Kia to highschool!
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 05:42 AM
You Guys can count me in!

I just hope I can get Koni's and a new brake kit by then! By god i will certainly need it for this run lol
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 05:45 AM
Where do you live?
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
You Guys can count me in!

I just hope I can get Koni's and a new brake kit by then! By god i will certainly need it for this run lol

I can't wait to see your carbon fiber CAI!
Eric, could you also post in the non-carolina sections on those forums? Like post in the SR section on focaljet

Screw those guys. That's why I've got two screen names on the Jet. Ross, you remember that meet I put together in ATL a long time ago? They all talked sh!t about it and said they wouldn't come to another meet unless it was in ATL; when we had the next meet in Nashville.
Screw those guys. That's why I've got two screen names on the Jet. Ross, you remember that meet I put together in ATL a long time ago? They all talked sh!t about it and said they wouldn't come to another meet unless it was in ATL; when we had the next meet in Nashville.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 05:00 PM
Eric, could you also post in the non-carolina sections on those forums? Like post in the SR section on focaljet

Stupid fucus owners.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/03/04 10:16 PM
Easy now...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 03:32 AM
Easy now...

Not you.
LMAO! Them gall dern Team SR members! Aw ways fightin an a fussin at the meets. Haha! Lacy =
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 04:52 AM
LMAO! Them gall dern Team SR members! Aw ways fightin an a fussin at the meets. Haha! Lacy =

LOL, good times.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 08:19 PM
By the way, I'll be bringing my laptop and alex pepper obd2 software and cable if anyone has any CELs they need to check out. I also have the 96 Ford CD installed on the laptop. And I figured out how to run the KOEO and KOER tests today.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 08:35 PM
By the way, I'll be bringing my laptop and alex pepper obd2 software and cable if anyone has any CELs they need to check out. I also have the 96 Ford CD installed on the laptop. And I figured out how to run the KOEO and KOER tests today.

Cool, you can show me...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 08:42 PM
Real simple, get car to operating temp, turn it off, have key in ON position, go to enhanced on the software screen and then run whatever test you want. If KOER then of course turn the engine on. I'm assuming you have the alex pepper software, otherwise this post is really stupid. You'll get a few codes with the KOER test if you don't hold the brake pedal, don't turn the steering wheel, and some other crap like that.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 08:52 PM
I might have to get me one of those ORANGE "T's" to put on my back window, this way I will not stick out like a soar thumb BTW, who are the Vols playing that weekend
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 11:14 PM
We happen to be playing them damn GA Dawgs. Roger you need some T's for the windows, we need all the help we can get this year.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/04/04 11:28 PM
Go Dawgs, actually go Eagles (georgia southern,,, opening game is against UGA,, maybe all the UGA players will get sick and southern can win ).
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/05/04 02:57 AM
Go Dawgs, actually go Eagles (georgia southern,,, opening game is against UGA,, maybe all the UGA players will get sick and southern can win ).

WHAAAA!!!!!!!1111111oneoneoneoneone...

UGA will spank them. Rep my school, fool!
My current school doesn't have a football team. My past and future school went 1-12 last season. Double
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/05/04 08:16 PM
...Michigan on the other hand doesn't need any help this year...GO BLUE
Yeah yeah gloat gloat.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/09/04 11:58 PM
Heres a couple shots of our trip from last year and let me apologize now, it was with the old, crappy digital camera that I used to be infamous for Cherahola/Dragon Run 03'
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 02:41 AM
Who drives that sweet ass black Focus???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 03:01 AM

I wouldn't call it sweet. But I think one of those losers from focaljet drives it.

(Runs and hides )
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 05:03 AM

I wouldn't call it sweet. But I think one of those losers from focaljet drives it.

(Runs and hides )

(watches...points, and laughs...)

Your Zetec can't even outrun another Zetec!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 05:17 AM
So are you gonna be pointing and laughing when you're five curves behind me because the little zx2 can't keep up?
Oh sh!t! We gots us some races!!
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 06:35 AM
So are you gonna be pointing and laughing when you're five curves behind me because the little zx2 can't keep up?

Well...well...!!!!1111oneone...

I have a moonroof!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 01:01 PM
Oh sh!t! We gots us some races!!

Simmadonnah you kids!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 01:47 PM
No I will be pointing and laughing when my Zetec is 10 curves ahead of all of you.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 07:19 PM
No I will be pointing and laughing when my Zetec is 10 curves ahead of all of you.

Even though your car is a much better handler than our CSVT's, I think it has more to do with your experience down on the Dragon Josh, rather than the car itself, but like I said, it doesn't hurt when you have a FSVT With the addition of my Bilstein struts/BAT springs, SS brake lines and re-inforced rear-subframe, I think I'll be reading your plates just fine, so I'd say you'll be about 3 curves ahead of me
Don't worry about trying to read my plates. After 10 turns, I'll be down at the bottom of a gully on my roof, so you won't be able to read mine, either.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 10:57 PM
You think even with Konis *I will have by then), SS brake lines, FM901s, Mintex pads, and experience, you will even be close to me. LMAO Plus my carbon fiber Dragon 129 sticker automatically makes me 50 more HP on the Dragon.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 11:21 PM
Don't worry about trying to read my plates. After 10 turns, I'll be down at the bottom of a gully on my roof, so you won't be able to read mine, either.

Don't say stuff like that... though with my brakes (am I the only one going with drum brakes?) I'll probably end up hitting something, though don't worry I'll avoid hitting any contours, I may aim for a focus or other not so cool car.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/10/04 11:22 PM
...am I the only one going with drum brakes?

Noooope! Sportin' 'em in the back, loud and proud!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/11/04 12:52 AM
There will probably be and Autumn orange Focus runnin around that might need to be bump drafted.
That's only if it starts!!!! LMAO! Lacy's car sucks!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/11/04 03:11 AM
That's not one of those "fighters" is it, Eric? I better not hit him if so, he has a mean slap.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/11/04 03:46 PM
You think even with Konis *I will have by then), SS brake lines, FM901s, Mintex pads, and experience, you will even be close to me. LMAO Plus my carbon fiber Dragon 129 sticker automatically makes me 50 more HP on the Dragon.

(* taking notes:
1. Add 6 Dragon 129 stickers
2. Get detailing before trip in case Eric needs parts for his car *)
That's not one of those "fighters" is it, Eric? I better not hit him if so, he has a mean slap.

OMG!!! ROTFLMFAOPIP!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/11/04 09:02 PM
I've got ONE Dragon sticker, does that count
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/11/04 10:08 PM
It has to be carbon fiber. Otherwise it takes away from speed because of the weight addition.
Mine's grey. So that's 1/2 carbon fiber! I just need a black one and I'm set.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/15/04 02:32 AM
It has to be carbon fiber. Otherwise it takes away from speed because of the weight addition.

We'll have to look for one in that little shop on the left side of the road
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 01:28 AM
My cabin is locked in and I'm confirmed, now for the hard part, the wait
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 01:43 AM
I really wish my suspension didn't pop and squeak every two seconds.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 02:39 AM

THREE words...white lithium grease
I wish my brake rotors weren't cracked.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 02:44 AM

THREE words...white lithium grease

A lotta words.... I'm lazy and I'm pretty sure it needs more than just grease, but I've checked things are tight and what not. I think it's these endlinks I got from Stazi, though even though they make noise, they seem to work good. I really gotta find a place to test my car out before I come up there. Might have to go back home to test it on some of the roads I'm familiar with. Everything I found around here is straight and flat.
Well on your way through Chattanooga, I'll take you around some of our roads. You'll get a pretty good work out before the Dragon.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 02:47 AM
I need some practice before then. Also might have to tweak tire psi, tighten anything that comes loose,etc.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/30/04 08:35 PM
My rear suspension was upgraded, but didn't really squeak. The problem isn't the Stazi endlinks, it has more to do with the cheap metal used on our car. I paid $200.00 to have a local shop (ATI Motorsports) re-inforce it. This shop also does the V8 conversion on the Focus as well and they've done a half a dozen CSVT's already, so they know the problem. Good luck with your ride, I'm sure you'll get it all straighten out.

Eric-break down and get those rear disc installed and/or get some new shoes back there BTW, check out the cabins too.
Man Roger, I would if I had the parts. Quit thinking I've got neat safety upgrades laying around. The only stuff I have yet to install is important stuff like go-fast goods. No rear discs for me.

And why would I want to stay in a cabin when I live 1.5 hours away? Or 1 hour away on I-75?

You're crazy Roger. You shoulda got your head adjusted while at the shop! LOL!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 08/31/04 05:18 AM
I think I have a wheel bearing or two going out. Will that affect me on the dragon?
I should have my Focus SVT brakes on by then. I'm ordering them tomorrow. Then again, I'm sure they'll sit next to my headers in the garage and collect dust.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/01/04 02:58 AM
I think I have a wheel bearing or two going out. Will that affect me on the dragon?

Safety is a #1 priority out on the Dragon as theres some parts of the road that have NO guardrails and its a long way down, so yes, I'd get that fixed before you head out there. Along with that, have them check the front/rear suspesion too. I don't want you or anyone else singing those "Statesboro Blues"

Eric, I forgot about how close you live, but living 1 1/2 hrs away I thought you might just wanna hang out with us late and not have to worry about going home, if you catch my drift...drinking for instance, good times and general convience

I can't say this enough, I can't wait to head down there!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/01/04 03:45 AM
I might look at the wheel bearings. Don't have much money right now. My springs, struts, end links, tie rod ends, and more are all new, so even though there are some squeaks,pops,bangs, and rattles, I think for the most part it's good. I'll just take it pretty easy. I know the limits of my car fairly well, and until I get used to 129, I won't even try coming close to those limits. I'm also pretty good about maintaining control even when things get loose on these tires (not so much though on the cheapo 14"s ).
Do I need to bring my fake ID? Wait I don't have one... or can someone umm help me purchase, you can PM me if need be. I don't like driving long distances with anything in the car.
Gaurd rails?!?!? Well there's the mountain face on one side, so I guess that counts.

True Roger. I might have to kick it witcha'll for a lil while. Unfortunately, I don't drink. I just stick to crack. Mmmmm...crack.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/01/04 06:33 PM
Food
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/01/04 08:30 PM
FOURTEENS ON THE DRAGON
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/01/04 08:44 PM
FOURTEENS ON THE DRAGON

Bawwhaha, anybody got a SVT with a LSD? Wanna do some burnouts? I'll bring the 14"s if so.
I'd rock the steelies. Too bad they won't fit over my FSVT brakes. I'd put 'em on the back for a little extra tail slide action.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/02/04 05:28 AM
You mean a repeat of u'r offroadin adventure.
Yeah. Wait, there was no tail slide; it was all understeer.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/03/04 01:49 AM
I'd rock the steelies. Too bad they won't fit over my FSVT brakes. I'd put 'em on the back for a little extra tail slide action.

FOURTEENS will not even fit over CSVT brakes for that matter. The only thing I'd run 14's on doing the Dragon would be the original Mini Cooper, but I don't even think those would fit I did a mapquest for where we're staying....597.2 miles/10.2 hrs, no sweat!
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/03/04 05:29 PM
kremit, if i had room in the trunk i would bring my stocky E1's for you to use. sadly though, no room. the girl friend is already bringin too much chit. oh well, it'll put some wieght in the rear to balance the car a littl better
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/03/04 05:42 PM
I'm confused. What do I need wheels for? I was just gonna bring the 14"s if someone wanted to do a burnout or something. I ride pimp, scratched up 17"s.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/03/04 08:23 PM
I'm confused. What do I need wheels for? I was just gonna bring the 14"s if someone wanted to do a burnout or something. I ride pimp, scratched up 17"s.

I didn't look in your sig and thought you only have 14's, my bad

We're going to need a meeting spot set up for those staying in the Tellico Plains area, what about that Hardees thats on 165 near 360 (start of the Cherahola Skyway) Or is that 68 that the Hardees is on, sorry but I was only down there once and don't have the routes memorized yet. Another idea is the supermarket parking lot across the street from the Hardees
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/03/04 11:11 PM
I just reserved my cabin for Oct 8th & 9th. Cabin #3.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/05/04 01:34 AM
I just reserved my cabin for Oct 8th & 9th. Cabin #3.

Ahh, progress! I think my buddy Mancho ( who has a modded out WRX ) is going to be getting his cabin those days as well Josh because he has an all day test on Thursday and can't come down with me, so he'll be a day later than me. He is bringing his G/F and she's game for this Dragon Run, or so she says, wait till she gets there and sees what its all about Well we're about a month away guys, so lets get this cabin complex filled up with CEG-ers
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/05/04 04:19 AM
Month away,, hmm hopefully i can hit kup a autox b4 dragon. gibve me some good experience and HOPEFULLLY put the neon and civic to shame that i wil l be running against (cool guys, they spent morem oney on their suspensions than me).
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/06/04 11:31 AM
How far are we from the Georgia state line? The reason I ask is because I've never been there and want to say that I was In addtion to that, someone sent me some directions about a nice, twisty road that leads right into Georgia, anyone know what route that could be and how far of a drive it is I'm all about the drive, thats it!!!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/06/04 01:32 PM
I'm gonna email a buddy of mine that works over at Fontana Dam, he is gonna give me a list of roads for us to drive around there. He said they have little traffic and no cops.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/07/04 01:59 AM
I'm gonna email a buddy of mine that works over at Fontana Dam, he is gonna give me a list of roads for us to drive around there. He said they have little traffic and no cops.

From all of us Josh, THANKS BTW, how about Munoz, I see that he plays for your Vols
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/07/04 02:04 AM
It ought to be an interesting year for TN, two (what seems to be) good QBs and a good O Line. We'll see. Munoz is HUGE!
Month away,, hmm hopefully i can hit kup a autox b4 dragon. gibve me some good experience and HOPEFULLLY put the neon and civic to shame that i wil l be running against (cool guys, they spent morem oney on their suspensions than me).

As long as you sober up by then, I think you'll do fine!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/07/04 05:32 AM
I'll neva sober up. Anyways, all ya'lls football teams suck. Georgia Southern ROCKS!!! Eric, they're playin chattanoga on September 25.
My school doesn't have a football team. And UTC's football team suxors bad. Too bad I'm gonna transfer back there in the spring. Then I'll have a bad team again.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/07/04 08:42 PM
Hey Eric, my wife and I saw a hat in the middle of the road over the weekend, did you lose your again
Actually yeah I did. I left one at Pop Eye's across town a couple months ago.

LMAO!!!! I forgot all about that! Those damn bikers swerved to hit it, too!
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/13/04 04:52 AM
OK I would like to get in on this for Oct. 9th. I'll likely jus drive up or down to meet everyone and take it easy on the run. I'll probably bring the 6 as the other cars are not in any condition to run this. This is of course assuming I can break away from work. We have a new office opening in Knoxville and I'll be busy with that.
Awesome Lee. Glad to see you're coming out of your cave. J/P, I'll bring your shift boot; so you better be there.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/13/04 09:22 PM
The 6 will love the Dragon run
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/14/04 03:59 AM
Yes, but the tires likely won't. Wish it had come with the 17's stock instead of the 16's and lame tires, for performance anyway.
I'm sure you can find a set of decent performance tires for the 16"s relativly quick and cheap. Still, don't push the car harder than it can take. Trust me.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/15/04 09:09 PM
I'm sure you can find a set of decent performance tires for the 16"s relativly quick and cheap. Still, don't push the car harder than it can take. Trust me.

Words to live by, literally
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/19/04 04:18 AM
HOW BOUT THEM VOLS!!!!! and Auburn Tigers.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/19/04 10:33 AM
Aighbt mite have some cghickcs soming wiht me. 6 person cabin here i come, damn yhtath'ts osme money. I'm sorry bout this post. I came back and now I'm opk. Anyways, yeah I should have more people with me and it will be cool. Party in my cabinn.
LMAO @ Ross!!!
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/19/04 11:26 PM
LMAO @ Ross!!!

He's a weirdo, that's for sure.

Eric, be sure to bring lots of film and a really good camera. I wanna catch him passed out.
35mm is all I got. And sorry I don't get my jollies shootin pics of knocked out college boys. Girls on the other hand...
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/19/04 11:51 PM
Ross DID mention bringing girls...
I DID mention bringing my girl.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 12:06 AM
I DID mention that's your loss...
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 01:18 AM
Just ordered the Zaino car care kit to get prepared for the Dragon. Also bought H&R springs yesterday. Now for shocks.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 01:20 AM
I figure coming from this far away, I don't really need to worry about the car looking very pretty. It'll be dotted with bugs and the like by the time I get there, although I'll be sure to wax it just for paint protection.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 01:22 AM
Bring your stuff along to clean it at the cabins when you get there. You'll have plenty of help.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 03:03 AM
I'll add that to the list of things and supplies I'll need to bring with me. Good thinking.

That trunk isn't looking so big anymore!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 05:00 AM

Eric, be sure to bring lots of film and a really good camera. I wanna catch him passed out.

I have never passed out i just go to bed when i ready which will be shortly tonite.
I haven't washed my car in a year, it'll be there in its dirty glory. I gotta get my back seat back in for the girls, mite try get some more to come up. YOu try to chris, go pimping mang. C yall.
Just ordered the Zaino car care kit to get prepared for the Dragon. Also bought H&R springs yesterday. Now for shocks.

We got another! Take that Roger!!

Josh - I think I'm off Saturday (at least morning) we oughtta have a lil Zaino throw down. Then I reckon we can toss the new brakes on the Coogah; that'll just take a few minutes. I reckon if there's time, I'll pull my calipers off and paint 'em pimp gold. Then I'll write Brembo on 'em with a Sharpie.

Ross - clean cars are faster than dirty cars; 'cept in the WRC. Then it's the opposite.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/20/04 09:53 PM
I figure coming from this far away, I don't really need to worry about the car looking very pretty. It'll be dotted with bugs and the like by the time I get there, although I'll be sure to wax it just for paint protection.

...now me on the other had, I always worry about how my car looks, but lucky for me theres a quarter car wash right next to the Hardees on 68! I used it 3 of the 4 days I was there last year, gotta support the local economy
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 01:07 AM
The brakes are backordered for the Coogah. Be at least 10 days before they are shipped. Will definitely have to have them by the next weekend.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 01:10 AM
This is going to be fun!
The brakes are backordered for the Coogah. Be at least 10 days before they are shipped. Will definitely have to have them by the next weekend.

You've got air tools, right Josh? The install is a snap; just a matter of waitin for the parts I reckon. Are you guys gonna toss it up on a lift or just jack stands?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 02:09 AM
No air tools, but if they are as easy as mine it wont take an hour.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 02:29 AM
I'm glad we've got the time Eric, those brakes are a MUST, as only you can know I expect BIG things from my set up and can't wait...is it Oct yet
Plenty of jackasses around here to help me break in my new brakes under panic conditions. They'll be well bedded by October.

And yes Josh, they are as easy as yours.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 03:27 AM
Ok guys, on a serious note...

If it were possible to be serious...

I've already ordered up some new brake pads and shoes. I'll be doing those this weekend. I can't afford any new handling advantages such as strut tower braces or bigger wheels/stickier tires. After the accident, the car will have to go up there basically stock. I'm taking a full size steelie in case I have a blowout, that way I don't have to wheel around those turns on a donut. When I get there, I'm going to take the two 10s out of the trunk as well. (I'm leaving them in for the trip up cuz I like mah moozik).

Any other sensible ideas? Is this place really hard on brakes and tires? Is that totally dependant on your pace through the turns? I'm sure some of you that've been up once already know better than I.

Just looking for some sensible ideas before I start packing for this thing.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 03:36 AM
We're gonna take a practice run. I'll have my air compressor, we'll air up once we get up there. I'll probably be taking it pretty slow too (of course faster than the zx2), cuz my stuff just ain't 100%.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 03:50 AM
Yeah I went to see how my car would handle today, and dad gave me the privlege of going down the taxiway on base (he's an ATC supervisor at Hunter Army Airfield) and it was like going around one incredibly huge skidpad.

I'll tell ya though, around 70 mph, even with all the [censored] in my trunk, it got a bit goosy back there.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 04:08 AM
I have yet to go see what my car is like since I've "completed" the suspension. Just going through a divided entrace here at college, squealing tires,,, and somebody riding in the back (no seat back there haha, find something to grab). Not enough to determine anything, other than I drive like a jackass, but everyone knows that.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 10:13 AM
The Dragon is hard on brakes and tires if you make it that way. Being a manual tranny I stay in second gear to 68mph, I can go through most of the turns with just engine braking. But if you are pushing an automatic car yes it could get very hard on brakes.
The last time I ran through the Dragon, I left my ATX in 2nd and was very easy on the brakes; easier than stayin in D. Not to mention the higher rpm's leaving the corners.

Ross-you can probably leave your compressor at home; a lot of the gas stations up there have 'em. Unless you're bringing air tools and what not.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 02:49 PM
I mean little tiny compressor, that would be so sweet to have a full size compressor,,, I can think of so many things I've done to the car that I coulda done 3 times as fast.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 08:52 PM
I'll have my portable air compressor as well as a portable jump starter/power pack I'll be runnin' 40 psi on the freeway down there and then, once I get to drivin' the roads, I'll be down to about 32 psi, what do you guys think
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/21/04 09:01 PM
Sounds great!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 12:52 AM
Where we all gonna meet up to do the run? Is it pretty easy to get around up there?
Honestly Ross, there's really only two roads up there; and they intersect at Robbinsville.

Roger: 40 freeway and 32 on the Dragon sounds good. I usually run 40 up front and 35 in the back for zipping around Chattaboogy. Might drop to 35 front and 30-33 rear.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 05:14 PM
I was thinking 17 in mine cuz that's how big the wheel is.
If you run 'em that low, you may as well take 'em off!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 05:50 PM
I've got 195s should I run that in my tires???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:02 PM

Will it handle better with them off?
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:04 PM

Will it handle better with them off?

I'm not going to be behind you in line anymore. When you blow up from all those sparks though, just be sure you angle the CF hood to shoot away from everything else. I want to sell it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:07 PM
I bet my car will still handle better with no tires than your's with tires.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:10 PM

YEAH?!?!

Well I'ma show up sober!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:13 PM
Hey, I'll probably show up sober too, maybe hungover. Wow that will be fun, twisty roads hungover, naw I should be straight.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 06:46 PM
252 posts of this stuff. You guys still think you're not cluttering the thread?
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/22/04 07:18 PM
[cue Cartman megaphone]
I'm sorry, I'm sorry...What I meant was...

How would you guys not in the SE like to come to the Dragon Run meet?...Mr. Jim.
[/Cartman megaphone]

When do I get my ban stamp?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 12:03 AM
Hey, I'll probably show up sober too, maybe hungover. Wow that will be fun, twisty roads hungover, naw I should be straight.

The first time I ever ran the Dragon I was hungover from partying in Knoxville after a TN game. A quart of moonshine and the Dragon do not mix very well.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 12:05 AM
Haha, I know I'll be alright, I just hope the person(s) riding with me will be OK.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 01:37 AM
Quote:

The first time I ever ran the Dragon I was hungover from partying in Knoxville after a TN game. A quart of moonshine and the Dragon do not mix very well.

Was it a win or a lose Josh The Vols...my "home away from home" team!!!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure it was a win. I dont remember much after I drank from the Holy Grail (quart Mason jar).
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 03:47 AM

Kids today, I tell ya what. Why back in my day, you knew who the men were and you knew who the women were.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 09:00 PM
Eric, your sig rules
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/23/04 09:05 PM
Eric, your sig rules

I've modified mine as well...
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/24/04 04:57 AM
Eric, your sig rules

Oh no Jim!

I think you're cluttering the thread.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/24/04 10:36 PM
Eric, your sig rules

Oh no Jim!

Yes. Don't let it happen again....

Yeah like that's possible!
Originally posted by Lee:
Eric, your sig rules

Oh no Jim!

LMAO!

^^^That is invaluble input to the site as a whole. Future generations will have their problems solved by searching back through the annals of CEG.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/26/04 11:55 AM
Have all the hurricanes affected the Dragona area at all? I know its not FLA, but those things seem to go pretty far inland
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/26/04 12:37 PM
Have all the hurricanes affected the Dragona area at all? I know its not FLA, but those things seem to go pretty far inland

I'm not sure.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/26/04 04:17 PM

From the tailofthedragon.com website

Quote:

SEPTEMBER 21: We are happy to report that the Deals Gap and Cherohala areas did not suffer from the hurricanes. The roads are in great shape. We understand that the Asheville and Franklin areas (to the east ) did suffer from some flooding but local authorities are generally very quick about cleaning up and opening roads, so if you're thinking about a trip to our area - don't change your plans. The flooding and rockslides have closed sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway -(828) 298 0398 for the most updated information - and US 64 between Highlands and Cashiers. We also hear that the backroads in the Caesars Head area of SC and NC are in poor condition

Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 02:31 AM
Gib, You should come out. Not too far for you.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 12:24 PM
Gib, You should come out. Not too far for you.

What time is everyone meeting up to start the drive through the Dragon and such? I'm considering going through this weekend to check everything out. Are you gonna be coming Lee?
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 02:38 PM
I'll be there on Saturday and I'll bring the 6s with me.
Good question on the time. When is everyone going to start through on Saturday and at which end?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 02:42 PM

Oh no Jim!

LMAO!

After 250 posts, 200 of them useless, I felt my efforts were in vein...
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 05:26 PM
I'm spending most of Friday on the road up there, so I'll be ready to go Saturday morning bright and early!

As to which end though, I couldn't tell you from a hole in the wall.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 06:44 PM
Just remember to take it easy. This happened on TOTD.

I was told by a local that 17 deaths occured this year. Not sure how true that is though. I highly recommend 60 that cuts through the Chat. Forest.

No traffic and a lot more fun.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 06:48 PM
I think there has only been 12 deaths on 129 in like 5+ years. Those truck drivers need to be careful.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 07:38 PM
Those truck drivers need to be careful.

More like the Taurus driver should have spotted the semi coming at him/her figured on a trailer and slowed.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 07:58 PM
Originally posted by todras:

More like the Taurus driver should have spotted the semi coming at him/her figured on a trailer and slowed.

There are now signs at BOTH ends of the Dragon telling truckers to seek an alternate route. They are the pros who are supposed to be able to keep their rigs in their own lane. The average soccer mom or geek in a Taurus has no idea what those things are about & only expect their lane to be clear as they're driving along.

If the truck came across the center line, his fault - entirely.

If the truck came across the center line, his fault - entirely.

Doesn't make soccer mom any less dead though
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 08:44 PM
I think if they kept the big rigs from using the pass, it would solve a lot of problems.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 09:13 PM

Not to sound like John Kerry here, but your both right. Some of those turns though Todd, you don't see the car until your right ontop of it, or as in that guys case, under it I will be VERY careful as I've messed my car up once already and once is quite enough thank you
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/27/04 10:30 PM

You trying to be funny?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 12:05 AM
Most of the problem is people driving the nose of their car and not looking three or four turns ahead of where they are. My second trip to the Dragon I was almost hit head on, luckily I was looking far enough around the turn to see the semi getting set up to round the turn.
Most of the problem is people driving the nose of their car and not looking three or four turns ahead of where they are. My second trip to the Dragon I was almost hit head on, luckily I was looking far enough around the turn to see the semi getting set up to round the turn.

Ding ding ding!! Add shortsightedness to the fact that most everyone drives above the posted speed limit and you get this. Truck shouldn't have been on the Dragon but Taurus should've also been paying closer attention. Lose lose.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 12:44 AM
So the Taurus is supposed to just stop driving or what? I thought there was reason for those lines around the road, you know, the ones you're supposed to stay in. I guess not. And if you can't stay in them, you shouldn't be on that road.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 01:29 AM

Ding ding ding!! Add shortsightedness to the fact that most everyone drives above the posted speed limit and you get this. Truck shouldn't have been on the Dragon but Taurus should've also been paying closer attention. Lose lose.

Eh, blaming the Taurus driver is a bit short-sighted. I'm sure he wasn't paying as much attention as he/she should but there are MANY blind curves on that road. It's not too difficult to be coming around a curve, following the speed limit, and not be able to react in time to stop from going under a big-rig that's crossed the double yellows. Even looking 3-4 turns ahead (which is VERY difficult when the foliage is in full bloom) wouldn't give you an advantage when you come around the edge of a ridge such as depicted in the picture.

Back to the Dragon Run topic, I'm very interested in hearing what time everyone is planning to meet up for their runs through the Dragon. I would love to come out to meet old friends and new ones. I plan to make a few runs this weekend after the rains come through and I will be sure to post a first-hand experience of the driving surface for anyone that wants to prepare.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 01:42 AM
I will be headed that way late Friday afternoon (8th). I will most likely head straight to the cabins in Tellico to meet Roger and prolly Big ET. Hopefully will be there about 7-8pm that Friday. Get ready for a night run Roger. Or we shall stay and drink and be merry.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 01:49 AM
We'll get there with Eric and dem at same time probably. We'll have to check in at our cabin in Robbinsville, then probably make a night run, then drink and what not for a little bit. We=me and sav-zx2 + friends riding.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 02:12 AM
I will be headed that way late Friday afternoon (8th). I will most likely head straight to the cabins in Tellico to meet Roger and prolly Big ET. Hopefully will be there about 7-8pm that Friday. Get ready for a night run Roger. Or we shall stay and drink and be merry.

I'll be there around dinner time on Thursday night Josh, so you could even show up early if you wanted to but since your planning on Friday afternoon, about what time will you get there? The reason I ask is so I can be around the cabin waiting for you. Then for dinner, we can hit the Tellico Cafe which is behind that Hardees off of 68 As far as that night run, I think I'm up for it, but once we get out there, I may change my mind. I may need to run my HIDs w/highbeams on, so you'll need to adjust your mirror Josh

Also as far as staying on your side of the road goes, well thats true in most cases, but if theres noone coming, its alot easier to "slay the dragon" by being somewhat in the middle of the road, am I right Josh and Eric
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 03:29 AM
Here's my gameplan:

A. Leave ASAP Friday morning. Probably around 7-9 AM, depending on the importance of English class that day.

B. Meet up with Ross and have a tag team romp along I-75.

C. Try really hard to obey the speed limits while getting girls in Sebring convertibles to flash us.

D. Get to the destination (wherever that is) hopefully before sunset.

E. Meet everybody and eat at the Tellico Cafe or at Hardee's. But most definitely eat.

F. Wake up early Saturday morning and prep the car to slay some dragon guts throughout the day.

G. Party Saturday night, sleep.

H. Leave early Sunday morning for my personal trip to Clarksville, TN.

Agree? Yes? No?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 03:46 AM
Yeah, except C. Obeying the speed limite NO. Getting girls to flash, well hopefully the girls are gonna come and I won't have to worry bout getting other chicks to flash when I got them. Can Sean ride with you? He'll flash you.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 03:55 AM
Sean can ride with me if you let one of the girls ride with me too.

And I said TRY to obey the speed limits.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 04:13 AM
Depends on how many come. Two of em are unseparatable sorta. They're funny as hell. Haha we'll see. Bring some of your highschool chicks.

You're not gonna try keeping up with me then I guess. What is your speed limiter again?
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 10:30 AM
I'll have an empty front seat in my car if one wants to ride with me. Just as long as she doesnt make my car look ugly.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 11:41 AM
I actually may have to have someone take someone in their car around the dragon as I want have belts in the back. Trust me, if a chick is with me, she's not ugly.
Hey Josh; Lacy said he's off that Friday (and Saturday I think). Any ugly girl would make his car look better. Is Johnathan comin in the Coogah with nawz?

I think I'magonna head up there when me and ho get out of class; about 2'ish. I forgot ladies can get educated, too, nowadays.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 02:44 PM
You're gonna head up there whenever me and Chris get there.
Yeah that's what I meant.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 07:54 PM
We need some cell numbers posted or PM'd
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 08:05 PM
I plan on coming up Saturday to meet up with you all, just need to know what time we are gonna try to get everyone who's coming together.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 08:12 PM
Anybody that wants my number, PM me. Though I don't wanna use my phone up there (dragon), should be able to use it in Chattanooga and part of I-75 in Tennessee. Cingular is stupid.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 09:52 PM
Yeah Jonathan is still coming in the Coogah with NAWZZZ. My cell # is 423-280-1684
Whoop fo'got. Hit dis playuh on da celly 423-838-0102 fo sho.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 10:25 PM
We need some cell numbers posted or PM'd

You got mine. As far as posting it for Eric or Ross....I don't want no 2am drunken phone calls saying "I love you man"
Pfft, nobody loves you Hector. Naw don't worry about it. One more "Hector" in my phone book and I'll start confusing my dealers.

There's really only 5 numbers in my phone; including my house and my voice mail that no one calls.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/28/04 11:55 PM
Good idea hector.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 01:08 AM
Good idea hector.

I knew you would like that one....it is bad enough going on AIM and getting drunken IMs!

Anyway....my number is up in the classifieds ....630-479-5759
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 01:30 AM
uh oh, you dun screwed up. Not really. I'll tell you the story sometime about why I'm gonna curb my drinking. I'm still having headaches from Saturday night if that is any clue.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 03:05 AM
I'll likely leave the house around 8:30 and head up there. It's about a 1:15-1:45 to Telleco. I might bring the wife with me. Though she's not a big fan of agressive driving.

Need to get the TCM on the 6 reprogrammed and a tranny cooler on before I come up. Oh to love an Automatic...

Any thoughts to all of us hitting one place for lunch? Say around 1:00pm?
Posted By: fordcsvt Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 01:12 PM
I want to come buy my car isn't anything great. Just a plain old stock Contour SVT. I also don't want to drive too crazy either. Maybe I will stay in one of the slow groups.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 01:15 PM
Originally posted by fordcsvt:
I want to come buy my car isn't anything great. Just a plain old stock Contour SVT. I also don't want to drive too crazy either. Maybe I will stay in one of the slow groups.

That's cool. My car isn't anything special either and I NEVER drive crazy.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 02:01 PM
uh oh, you dun screwed up. Not really. I'll tell you the story sometime about why I'm gonna curb my drinking. I'm still having headaches from Saturday night if that is any clue.

Did you enjoy cleaning the bathroom?

Ain't been on here in a day or two (damn i-net is down at the house) but I've always got college i-net.

Cell: 912.210.0714
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 02:49 PM
You mean from the other nite, that wasn't me, and she made it into the toilet. Saturday nite I was outside, no cleaning needed.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 03:58 PM
Originally posted by fordcsvt:

Come out. I'm not going to be all that fast on the curves. Not with the stock tires on the 6.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/29/04 08:40 PM
I'll have to stand on top of the highest mountail to call one of you guys down there, it sucks in the valley, no reception I'll post my buddy Arts cell phone very soon because I haven't joined the 21st century yet...no cell, yet
Posted By: jonesmca Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 09/30/04 06:07 PM
Im ready to go! I just hope that the Cougahhh will hold up! Gotta get the brakes on this weekend and hopefully have the wheels powdered by then too!!!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 12:24 AM
ONE WEEK TO GO ..."Southbound" from the Allman Bros playing in the background!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 12:39 AM

What/who is that?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 03:01 AM
ALmost ready to go....except the fact I need a new o2 sensor and I have oil leaking out of the valve cover! Stupid dealer.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 02:59 PM

My life is sucking right now...

You guys have fun, be safe, & hoist one for me! I'll be running the FEMA hurricane debris site in Jupiter.
Posted By: SAV Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 05:05 PM
Jim, I'll use whatever little bits of horsepower the ZX2 can muster to do a little burnout just for you.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 05:17 PM

My life is sucking right now...

You guys have fun, be safe, & hoist one for me! I'll be running the FEMA hurricane debris site in Jupiter.

We'll miss you. I'll throw a few back for ya.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Big ET update... - 10/01/04 05:36 PM
Jim, I'll use whatever little bits of horsepower the ZX2 can muster to do a little burnout just for you.

What, are you gonna dump the clutch in a puddle and hope for some tire hop? Don't make me bring my Danger Ranger up there.

Anyway, on to the update. My manager at work has been diagnosed with malignant breast cancer and will have to have it removed Thursday. Which means I probably won't be able to stay the entire weekend; let alone one night. Michelle and I will still try to make it up there one day (Friday or hopefully Saturday) but I can't promise anything. I'm heading out of town in an hour or so; so I won't know my new schedule until Sunday night; when I'm off work. I'll post Sunday night with my for-sure plans.

This weekend, however, (today and tomorrow) I'm heading to Louisville, KY, for the U of L Homecoming with my dad. Go Cards.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/01/04 05:49 PM
Chris has an auto, an auto that I guess he wants to tear up again.

Let us know if you're gonna still meet up with us Friday.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 06:55 PM
We'll miss you. I'll throw a few back for ya.

Gawd, I love you guys! I can just see it all now...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 07:42 PM
Haha, we'll throw a few back and then do burnouts.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 08:56 PM

What/who is that?

Your funny, being from Statesboro and all I can't wait to get the hell out of Michigan with all this SH$T going on with our dyno day, check it out if you like soap operas Lets just hope the weather is good for those 4 days

Hector, let get that 02 sensor and leak squared away, I know you will
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 10:33 PM
Funny? I was being serious.

Sweet, I mite pop in there. And if rains, I'm ready for it with my all seasons. Some of ya'll mite have to stay at home though while I go rip on the roads at only slightly slower speeds than when dry. I've been squealing my tires around the ONE curve I found on campus to get them used to it again.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 10:35 PM
I should be able to do a burnout by then!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

Haha, stoopid zetecs.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 10:45 PM

Haha, stoopid zetecs.

Got my 2.6 pulley today!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Interest check...Dragon Run 04' - 10/01/04 10:49 PM
You get the MAF and injectors in? Don't you need a dyno tune?
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/02/04 06:10 AM

WHUT!!

With the mighty torque of a Zetec, I can peel the belts right off the front tires simply leaning down and exhaling on the gas pedal. You otta know that.

Tranny just can't handle all that massive torque. Sometimes I think I got a Cummins Turbodiesel under that hood!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 12:56 AM

WHUT!!

With the mighty torque of a Zetec, I can peel the belts right off the front tires simply leaning down and exhaling on the gas pedal. You otta know that.

Tranny just can't handle all that massive torque. Sometimes I think I got a Cummins Turbodiesel under that hood!

Me an you can have a burnout contest.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 02:06 AM
This is kinda of funny and a bit off topic, but last year when I was down at the Dragon, the Vols were playing the Tigers. Right now, the Vols are playing the Tigers again, but its the weekend before and IIRC, the result is looking to be the same as last year too, whats up Josh and Eric, you need some Michigan players on that team, hell, some MSU players might even be availble after their game this weekend Almost FOUR days to go!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 03:19 AM
Absolute pitiful excuse for a football team. Auburn beat them up. Auburn showed up to play. Tennesse didnt come to play an SEC team. They looked prepared enough to beat a Big Ten team but not an SEC team.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 03:41 AM
Heh 59-7. Go Cards.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 06:42 AM
48-14 Georgia Southern vs. Elon
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 12:09 PM
Who saw the UGA/LSU game yesterday? I watched the beginning at work and Georgia was stompin' LSU like a used cigarette.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 01:30 PM
Um.....why are you guys talking about football on our meet thread?
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 06:26 PM
Went to the Dragon today and yesterday. I think we're gonna run into quite a few tourists. Tons of bikes up there and quite a few cars. Leaves are starting to fall as well, so there's some across blowing across the roads (not stuck thankfully). As some of you may know, the TN side got paved last year and it's a really nice surface to run on. NC side is rough and I can just feel my tires screaming for mercy as they run over the bad surface. MANY close calls with wreckless bikers today which leads me to say to everyone going, DO NOT CROSS THE DOUBLE YELLOW. It should go without saying, but there were so many bikers that were doing it, that I really don't want to see anyone involved in a crash. Should be a good time for everyone going, just gotta watch out for the fall tourists heading into Fontana. Heading back to TN was rather clear thankfully so your best runs will probably be coming out of Deals Gap.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 06:29 PM
Who saw the UGA/LSU game yesterday? I watched the beginning at work and Georgia was stompin' LSU like a used cigarette.

They finally got their crap together.

Thanks for the dragon update. If anybody hits me while I'm on my side of the road Ima kick their butt then they paying to get my car repainted.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Big ET update... - 10/03/04 11:02 PM
Hey Gib you going to let me drive this one too? Hmm...You might want to think about that. You might not get it back!
Quote:

Thanks for the dragon update. If anybody hits me while I'm on my side of the road Ima kick their butt then they paying to get my car repainted.

If you hit a biker, you'll have already kicked their butt!
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/04/04 12:09 AM
Hey Gib you going to let me drive this one too? Hmm...You might want to think about that. You might not get it back!
Quote:

If you hit a biker, you'll have already kicked their butt!

We'll see about that Lee. I'm just hoping that my break-in miles are over in time for the meet. It's no fun having to stay under 4k throughout the whole Dragon.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Big ET update... - 10/04/04 02:20 PM
With the leaves comin' down, the bikers will start to dwindle away for the season. The leaves make the roadway slick & dangerous for them.

It is likely that your biggest concern will be leaf lookers, but most will be on the Smokey Mountains Parkway.

That said, the LEOs love to write tickets for crossing the double yellow since you really can't destroy the speed limit too badly on the Dragon. Wreckless or careless driving looks really bad to an insurance company, so it will cost you for a long time if you get a ticket.

Safety has been my greatest concern about the Dragon trips. I'm working the recovery effort (managing a FEMA debris site) from the storms down here in Florida so I can't make it this year. I want to see everybody there next year, so be safe & enjoy the meet!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/04/04 06:12 PM
Well, I dont forsee me getting my suspension put on before time to get there. Gonna be hard to get springs from Washington state to TN in 3 days. Bought em two weeks ago and he hasnt shipped em yet. I am getting my hood painted though!!! Sure hope its done by then.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/04/04 10:55 PM
Only a couple more days.....too bad I won't have my goodies on.....maybe I can install them down there!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 12:49 AM

Because football is king Hector, thats why! When you get down there, you'll see how much they love their Vols

Josh, do you really think Michigan, with its recieving core and defense, would lose to the Vols Just take off the creamsicle-colored glasses and realize this, U of M would smack the crap out of the Vols this year and they were exposed for the fraud they are are (ranked #8 in the country going into that game, yeah, looked like it alright )

That being said, I'll wear a Vols football jersey if you have one for me to wear and even better yet, to keep A little over 72 hours to go, thats right guys, were down to hours!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 12:53 AM

Because football is king Hector, thats why! When you get down there, you'll see how much they love their Vols

Josh, do you really think Michigan, with its recieving core and defense, would lose to the Vols Just take off the creamsicle-colored glasses and realize this, U of M would smack the crap out of the Vols this year and they were exposed for the fraud they are are (ranked #8 in the country going into that game, yeah, looked like it alright )

That being said, I'll wear a Vols football jersey if you have one for me to wear and even better yet, to keep A little over 72 hours to go, thats right guys, were down to hours!

I like football....don't live it......now cars on the other hand!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 01:04 AM
Football isn't king, but it's cool. Southern kickin every1's butt!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 01:20 AM
Where was Michigan ranked when ND spanked em like a 4 year old in KMART?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 01:54 AM
Own3d.

Thanks for the update, Gib. I'm lookin forward to seein the STI in person.

Ross and Chris - take your time getting up to Chattanooga, I won't have a chance to wash my car and get ready until after class Friday. Stupid job...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 02:07 AM
Where was Michigan ranked when ND spanked em like a 4 year old in KMART?

You got me there Josh, but U of M did start a true freshman and it was on the road. Lets just see at the end of the year what the rankings are. I'll tell you this though, nobody beats the crap out of Michigan like AU did your Vols. Maybe some "VOL"unteers should come out of the stand and try and play

Hector, this what makes football king, the razzin'

Let me clear the air here:

#1 cars, cars and cars!
#2 music
#3 sports
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 02:07 AM
Yeahh, I'm still trying to plan things. I'm not good at taking my time going places, but with Chris following, I guess I'll have to be.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 03:24 AM
Yeahh, I'm still trying to plan things. I'm not good at taking my time going places, but with Chris following, I guess I'll have to be.

Shut up.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 03:33 AM
Haha! Great retort! Ross own3d your azz.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 11:38 AM
Roger, just so you know we have two true freshman QBs, and two true freshman DBs 1 corner and 1 safety I think. But its irrelevant,we got our butts beat up. We didnt come to play a hard nose, pound it out football game. Cant expect to win when you make a showing like that.
Posted By: jonesmca Re: Big ET update... - 10/05/04 01:16 PM
Ill put it this way....the beating that the Vols took Saturday night was enough to make Josh even leave in the third quarter!!!(and he was sober)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 01:08 AM
We gots an important update from Chris; he's got some stuff going on that is understandably more important than the dragon. He wants to go to the dragon though and is still gonna try to make it and will let us know what's up.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 04:40 AM
kremit, are ya'll still planning on coming by way of Macon on Fri? if so i might be interested in caravanning wit you fools yo . just depends on what time. i'm in warner robins so it will take no time for me to meet you in mac town
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 07:23 AM
Originally posted by zm830101:
kremit, are ya'll still planning on coming by way of Macon on Fri? if so i might be interested in caravanning wit you fools yo . just depends on what time. i'm in warner robins so it will take no time for me to meet you in mac town

Well as things r rite now, it will just be me and friend riding with me. So let me know when u wanna meet up in macon area friday and we'll do it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 03:44 PM
You have a PM zm830101.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 07:36 PM
For those staying somewhat close to the Tellico Plains area, what do you guys think about meeting up in the big parking lot behind the Hardees off of 68 on Saturday I was thinking we could have some breakfast before the run and then head out on the Cherahola and then onto the Dragon. I probably will not be on the computer tonight as I'll need to get to bed, seeing that I'm leaving tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. I plan on being down there around 3-4:00 p.m. and once I'm settled in, I may even go out on the Cherahola for a bit and possibly a night time Dragon Run, with my "guide" Josh, if he's there tomorrow I'm really lookin' forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 08:11 PM
I'm really lookin' forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones!

Just getting my car back today from the $tealership for replacement of the battery cables. They took 3 days to do the job & managed to toast my battery while they were in there. Off to AutoZone for my free replacement.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/06/04 09:31 PM
I'm up for meeting anywhere. Just need to know how to get there.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 01:50 AM
Roger I wont be there Thursday evening. I will be there Friday afternoon. Have some last minute things to take care of like getting my hood back.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 01:06 PM
Yeap; we'll roll up there in force Friday afternoon/night.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 02:58 PM

Word.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 03:47 PM
Friend that was riding with me just bailed. This is getting aggravating. Eric mite stay with us one nite. But if anyone else doesn't have a place to stay, hit me up. It'd be like $75 for both nites.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 05:04 PM
Friend that was riding with me just bailed. This is getting aggravating. Eric mite stay with us one nite. But if anyone else doesn't have a place to stay, hit me up. It'd be like $75 for both nites.

Damn Ross. It's a shame I won't be able to make it, but I was banking that Sean would still be going with you to keep you company.

WTF does he have to do that so Goddamn important anyway?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 08:01 PM
See his sister back home. WTF mate? He's seen her before.

Got some emails (my email is the contact on ...dragon.com calendar) inquiring how many cars we'll have there. I think these are just small groups asking, they just wanna make sure we're not overtaking the dragon. One of em mentioned meeting up, so if we see them, I reckon me mite do that or whatever.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 10:12 PM

Hey all, I just realized that we have no idea where/when to meet anybody! Terri and I are driving down tomorrow (Friday) a little before noon. We're staying at the Comfort Inn in Sweetwater, TN. Can somebody call me or PM and let us know where to go? Pretty pleeeeeeze???

Oh yeah, 2679813936.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/07/04 10:31 PM
I don't really have any idea either but I think Eric is staying with us Friday nite, so he'll know. Otherwise I'll just look for ya'll.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 03:35 AM
Hey Chickenhawk, my number is 4238380102, gimme a call when you guys hit town and get all checked in. About how long of a drive is it for you? I think we're gonna be leaving Chattanooga around 5ish; so we'll be up there (Sweetwater area) by around 6; if we go all freeway.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 04:18 AM
Unfortunately we probably won't roll in much before midnight - it is an 11+ hour drive and we can't leave first thing. We'd like to touch base before everyone calls it a night so that we know the Saturday plans. Grabbed about four cell numbers from the thread.

Everyone/anyone call or text message so that we know the plans. Again, cell #267-981-3936 and text message: 267-981-3936@messaging.sprintpcs.com.

See everyone Saturday AM.

JOHN
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 05:47 AM
I slept too much today so now I'm not tired. Don't wanna be tired driving, so I just took a lortab so hopefully I can go to sleep soon. See ya'll up there.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 12:01 PM
Do a burnout for me Ross.

I still owe Jim a burnout though, I'll set the camera up today.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 12:14 PM

Chris, I drive the slow auto 4cyl, not sure who you confused me with but don't expect a burnout from me.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 12:37 PM

Chris, I drive the slow auto 4cyl, not sure who you confused me with but don't expect a burnout from me.

You can do it! Just make sure it's pouring rain out, your wheels are turned all the way to one side, and spray them down real good with tire shine.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/08/04 01:22 PM
My Cell is 865-216-7497, I should be up there around 11 AM on Saturday. I'll be coming in from the TN side and plan to take some pictures at the overlook before I start my first run through.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 02:22 PM
Well I came, I finally found, and I ran the Dragon(AT NIGHT!). I spent most of the day asking for directions and trying to find the Dragon then anything else. Went up the Skyway which was a nice drive. I met everyone but Roger and chknhwk. Would have been good to see you guys while I was there, but I heard about some Wheel issues. I really had a good time and it was a welcome change from the norm. I hope you all have safe trips home.

Word of advice 129 spits you out in the middle of nowhere. I ended up following 411 South for about 15 miles to 72 West for about 20 miles, which put me at the Loudon Exit 8 Miles north of Sweetwater on 75. I got home around 11:30. Total milage for the Dragon Run=327.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 02:36 PM
Stop it! JUST STOP IT!!
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 03:37 PM
WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO what a great time. Hope everyone else had fun, it was great to meet some new folks and put a face with the screen name. Pics are soon to come. Oh, and an interesting Eric video.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 03:47 PM
Was a great time, can't wait to see the pics. Good to meet new people and see some old friends. Hope everyone had a safe trip home and don't forget to check www.killboy.com for some pics of our runs in a few days
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 10:28 PM
Oh, and an interesting Eric video.

Why does this statement scare me? Maybe because I know Eric fairly well!

I can't wait to start seeing the pics.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/10/04 11:00 PM
Originally posted by unisys12:
Oh, and an interesting Eric video.

Why does this statement scare me? Maybe because I know Eric fairly well!

I can't get my finger in there!!

I don't know my total milage for the weekend, but I do know I went through almost 3 tanks of gas. 5,000rpm+ contantly will kinda burn it up quick. My front wheels are black with brake dust, my windshield is opaque with bug guts, and the rear 1/4 of the car is white with rally dust. Can't wait for next year.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 12:11 AM
Is it too tight Eric?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Wthermans:
Is it too tight Eric?

Now that's just plain scary!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 01:58 AM
Yeah it was. I 'bout got stuck.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:03 AM
Just got in. Didn't expect it to take me nearly 6 hours to get here, but with traffic, twisty north carolina roads, and a bad accident, it took a while.

I loved driving the dragon. It was good meeting everyone, I can't wait till next year. (Really I can't, I might go up there in spring or summer.)

I think I should upgrade my brakes. It's not good when smoke is pouring off of them is it? Maybe new tires too.

For everyone that wasn't there today, I had a little accident on the dragon about 3 miles into it. Downshifting at the wrong time (in a curve) and got loose, locked brakes and came about 2-3 feet from going off a cliff. Very scary but all's well that ends well. There was a cop about 1 mile into it getting pleny of bikers. Fun stuff. If Zach has a scanner, maybe he can get pics up of my skidmarks.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:11 AM
I think I should upgrade my brakes. It's not good when smoke is pouring off of them is it? Maybe new tires too.

Been there, done that, lucky enough to walk away with the same t-shirt.

I knew my brakes would not hold up, even with the Mintex Pads. The pads are fine, don't get me wrong, but after my last trip up to HSV - I could still feel some fadding, so I knew that it was time for better rotors and a nice fluid change. My rear brake are practically brand new, including drums. It's the heat and the older fluid that was almost killing me and smoking out Eric and Mikey Boy behind me.

Glad you made it out ok though!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:12 AM
FSVT brakes and ATE Supah Blue = skin pulling off your face. Of course, that's still no where near Zach's 4 piston, 4-wheel Wilwood set-up w/custom broken Mirko action!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:15 AM
FSVT brakes and ATE Supah Blue = skin pulling off your face. Of course, that's still no where near Zach's 4 piston, 4-wheel Wilwood set-up w/custom broken Mirko action!

Let me guess, the broken Mirko was deflecting much needed air to the brakes.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:15 AM
I thought it's 6 piston?

I'm thinking bout taking John (chknhwk)'s advice and getting some track pads and using dedicated rotors for them. I have my old rotors at home (I think) so I'll have them turned and then just swap them and the pads on whenever I'm going to something like the dragon. I think that'll be the most cost effective solution to get decently better braking.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:16 AM
Originally posted by unisys12:

Let me guess, the broken Mirko was deflecting much needed air to the brakes.

Actually, I think the broken Mirko helped with braking by digging into the road surface.

Originally posted by Zach:
There's a point when you just stop caring.

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:17 AM
And don't forget about the benefits of changing your fluid. I know alot of guys have been real happy with Valvoline PowerSyn (?).
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:18 AM
Don't need no synthetics. Gimme my ATE Supah Brew.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:19 AM
I have some valvoline in there already, should do the whole deal though.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:19 AM
True true. Time to call Todd at TCE, Ross.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:23 AM
True true. Time to call Todd at TCE, Ross.

Time to give me some money.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:24 AM
Nope, that's tied up in the "Stop people from making fun of Eric's 4x4" fund.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:44 AM
I hope we didn't make you cry.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:46 AM
My mom told me not to play with you guys anymore.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:49 AM
Hahaha. You can play with us once you clean your room and lower your car.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:30 AM
yeah...it's all fun and games until someone does a doughnut on the dragon. we won't mention ross's name i got pics and will scan them and upload them as soon as i get a chance.
jessica and i had a really great time and it was great to meet everyone. i hate that we didn't get to hang out with roger and art a little more but thats ok. next year. i hope that everybody had as much fun as we had. maybe next year we can plan a slightly better bbq instead of something that is just thrown together at the last minute.
i have to agree with lee, you are not a man until you have conquered the dragon in the dark! after everybody left and me, ross and jessica were headed back to the cabin, i quit pusin' out and just went for it. i think that i bombed through there faster at night than the day. freakin' badass.
maybe next year i can bring a bike
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:40 AM
Yeah we need to plan for next early and all stay in the same cabins/hotel. Or atleast not spread out so much (sweetwater,tellico, and outside of robbinsville, way too much distance). I also think driving some of the surrounding roads can be just as fun. That one part of 28 that we hit at night, especially coming back down it was awesome. I also hit another part of 28 on my drive home about 40 miles from the dragon that was very twisty for the first 8 miles and almost no traffic. And 74 has some rafting places if anybody wants to go rafting/canoing/kayaking. I wanna go back up in the summer, probably during the week to avoid as many bikes as possible. So hopefully some of ya'll can make it to that.

Zach, if you bring a bike to it next year, maybe I could bring your svt.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:41 AM
hehe, while ya'll are contributing to the "stop people from making fun of eric's 4x4" fund, be sure to deposit some coin into "zach needs another mirko to maim" fund
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:41 AM
So I take it you boys enjoyed losing your Dragon virginity? See? I told you it wouldn't hurt.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:54 AM
Mm...well I went to Statesboro around 7 AM Saturday morning so a friend of mine could shoot pictures for her yearbook.

The entire lot was empty except for me and two Contours. I looked at them, both Cabernet Red and cried.

There's always next year. Hopefully I'll be banging around those curves in a new car.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:59 AM
Um the whole point is not to bang around the corners.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 04:04 AM

True, I almost did that, not what you wanna do. Chris, learn to drive.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 04:04 AM
Meh...

I've always learned the hard way.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 04:09 AM

True, I almost did that, not what you wanna do. Chris, learn to drive.

Happy 14000 Ross.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 04:12 AM
And since then, he's squeezed in six more.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 07:33 AM
I think the mountains made me sick. I'm sneezing a lot. Though I rode around with my window open (so I could see) at nite with a t-shirt on, so that may have something to do with it. I have an idea for next year or this summer. How does a 6 hour drive from Robbinsville through Georgia, South Carolina, and back to Robbinsville sound? End with dinner in Robbinsville (at the daycare ) and then a dragon run. Then everyone can head to where everyone is headed or wait a while and do a night run. The tailofthedragon site outlines all the roads to take. I know it's early, but I'm ready to go again.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 01:52 PM
Patience grasshopper. I used 3 tanks of gas this weekend.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:18 PM
I was thinking of making my own little trip up there in December, or maybe later on next year during Spring Break.

Keep this thread a sticky for the next year or so and we can work out plans.
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:23 PM
You may want to wait till Spring because I can almost guarantee the pass will be closed in December since E. Tennessee is looking at having a colder winter this year.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:30 PM
Thanke for the tip off.

So ah, how's about a spinoff thread for those of us that missed the fall Dragon Run? We can host a smaller Spring run.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 02:42 PM
Spring breaks usually aren't at the same time, that's why I'm thinking summer would be better.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:02 PM
bah!! 3 tanks of gas would have been awesome... i used 6 all told. at @ $2.17 a gal(about what we paid all weekend), that equates to roughly $169.00 in gas alone. eh, it was worth every penny see ya'll next year
!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:18 PM
I used 3 or 4. I try not to count and I just glance over my bank statement so I don't have to think about it too much.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 03:24 PM
Spring breaks usually aren't at the same time, that's why I'm thinking summer would be better.

(* Grins & begins wringing hands as the plans for the next Dragon Run unfold *)
Posted By: Wthermans_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 05:54 PM
I think we could get a quick day-run during the Spring as long as it's not around Mid-Term/Finals times for the people still in school. Could come up Friday night and stay if you live far away and have everyone meet up Saturday morning at the Gap. Do a few passes through the Dragon, then head down 28 and the Skyway. Those that don't need to head out could get a quick night run in, then call it a day and head on back.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 07:50 PM
I don't know what I used in gas, but I washed my car three times in four days, paid $180.00 for three nights in the cabin and always filled my tank. Put it to you like this, I came down there with about $475.00 and came back with $110.00. I don't care if I'd came back with six pieces of lint in my pocket, its always worth it! The only thing we need to do next time is do a bit more planning in advance so everyone, and I mean everyone, stays in the same area That was the only bummer of the weekend, keeping everyone together, but all in all, it was a great time and I know we'll have atleast one other SE MI CEG-er making the trip and possibly Hector again. Sorry I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone on Saturday afternoon, but with having to get up at 4:00 a.m. Sunday moring, I couldn't be that far away from Tellico Plains I was thinking though, how about another one of these in the spring, when everyone is done with school and we can have an even bigger turnout Thanks to EVERYONE who showed up!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 10:56 PM
I emailed discount tire direct and they do sell center caps for my wheels!!!! I can replace the one I lost this weekend (either on the skyway or the rally road).
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 11:24 PM
... how about another one of these in the spring, when everyone is done with school ...

Roger, that would be the Summer.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/11/04 11:41 PM
I don't know. I might be done with GSU by spring.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/12/04 01:38 AM
Well the new Mintex pads are shot, the tires are in bad need of rotation now, and the throw out bearing sings more now than ever. But it sure was fun gettin it em to this point.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/12/04 01:46 AM
Awesome! I should probably rotate my tires too. I left most of the front tires on the dragon. My mintex pads held up pretty well even though everything was smoking. Get some pics up Josh.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/12/04 02:21 AM
i knew the brakes would be awesome...but i was totally floored by how well my "cheap korean tires" (yeah i got em too. WANLI Representin!) held up. they were kinda noisy but held all that the brakes and steering rack could throw at them. then they made the 300 mile ride home with no issues.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/12/04 02:54 AM
Represent Korean tires! 225 Kumho's bizitch.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/13/04 09:19 PM
Car handled well....proved myself on the Dragon.....had more stuff go wrong in general than needed....but I am home....got some cool pics....hung out with some cool people....and you'd better believe I will be there next year!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/13/04 09:28 PM
... how about another one of these in the spring, when everyone is done with school ...

Roger, that would be the Summer.

I thought most people got out in spring, all be it late spring. Either way, I wanna go sometime in May or June, lets set it up early, the more the merrier!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/13/04 09:41 PM
Car handled well....proved myself on the Dragon.....had more stuff go wrong in general than needed....but I am home....got some cool pics....hung out with some cool people....and you'd better believe I will be there next year!

Proved yourself at 10mph!?? Kidding. Glad you made it home.

Glad there is interest for a summer meet. I'm gonna see if I can get a job soon, cuz I'm gonna need money to support all these trips.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/13/04 09:50 PM

Proved yourself at 10mph!?? Kidding. Glad you made it home.

Glad there is interest for a summer meet. I'm gonna see if I can get a job soon, cuz I'm gonna need money to support all these trips.

Couldn't keep up with me.....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/13/04 09:55 PM
Couldn't keep up with me.....

I was never behind you on the dragon. And coming off the dragon, you were only a bit faster. Though I know you will walk all over me, no questions asked,,,,, we all had to wait for you up at the overlook that nite though. Even that truck that let me and Eric pass was faster than you.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/14/04 12:35 AM
I'm thinking since money is a big concern for me (about spent my whole financial aid check on this trip), I'm either gonna camp out or try to get a hotel/cabin with a BUNCH of people. I'll probably try bringing friends from Albany and maybe a few from statesboro. If not camping, here is one cheap hotel I found:
http://www.tuskeegeemotel.com/

I plan to stay bout a week (or atleast 3 or 4 days) in summer. Go rafting and stuff while I'm there.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/14/04 01:14 PM

I plan to stay bout a week (or atleast 3 or 4 days) in summer. Go rafting and stuff while I'm there.

You mean people do things other than drive?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/14/04 07:13 PM

Shut up k i a.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/14/04 09:22 PM

Sure! We watched the cars driving, washed our cars, drove our cars to the restaurant and BS'd about our cars
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 12:05 AM
Some of us drank a little too. Road blocks are fun, right Eric. But really, I wanna do some other stuff up there, it's just too purdy not too.
Posted By: SAV Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 02:04 AM
... it's just too purdy not too.

Fairy.

And I don't drive another Kia, yet.

In all seriousness, has anyone laid any ground rules about the spring meet yet?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 02:16 AM
... it's just too purdy not too.

Fairy.

And I don't drive another Kia, yet.

In all seriousness, has anyone laid any ground rules about the spring meet yet?

Dood , i said shut up.

i dont care, the zx2 can be a kia.

ground rules- no kias on my mountain.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 02:35 AM
I found one thing out while in the mountains: SCd cars do not like thin air!
Posted By: jonesmca Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 02:15 PM
I also found out that Cougars with 2.5's dont like to stay in the 6,800 RPM range for 20 minutes either!!!!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 02:45 PM
I held my 2.5 around mid 5's and above the whole Skyway. Temp gauge never rose above normal spot; except when we stopped.

Hector - yeah, thin air = no go; especially for FI. Ross said he could feel a loss of power; (and he doesn't have much to lose! ) attributed to the altitude. I guess I'm just used to it lol.

As for a summer meet, all in due time. I reckon we can go on and start suggesting dates. As of right now, I have no preference as I don't know if I'll take any classes this summer or not. I'd prefer to wait a while before starting to set this next one up. Besides; maybe it'll be far enough away that I can get my headers on. The suspension fund is stagnant right now; but today is payday.
Posted By: jonesmca Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 03:07 PM
Well I was bouncing off the rev limiter the entire time and it didnt get below 6K!!!!!
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 04:04 PM
i preferred to stay in 3rd gear more often, trying to keep it in second was just way over working the poor beast. i was watching my temp guage hover around the 230 !! mark when i was tryin to play in second. Not good from a timing or engine wear stand point! it was just more fun to me to use the v6 torque to pull it outta the holes
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 04:28 PM
I kept it in third most the time just cuz it's easy to bog down in second. My temps would be OK except my fans don't kick on until the last moment, but they bring the temps back down quickly. I guess it's better than having fans that don't kick on at all.
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 05:26 PM
I kept mine in 3rd the whole time except when I went under 25 in a few turns. Then I went to 2nd to speed back up. Mazda did well, it never topped 5 grand. Must be a gearing difference.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Big ET update... - 10/15/04 05:28 PM
Driver difference.
Posted By: SVTaslinger Re: Big ET update... - 10/16/04 03:34 AM
I never got out of second gear. Of course we all know how fast mine goes in second.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Big ET update... - 10/16/04 04:54 AM
I never got out of second gear. Of course we all know how fast mine goes in second.

Yeah 100....stupid SVT putting TALL gears in the Focus!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Big ET update... - 10/16/04 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jonesmca:
Well I was bouncing off the rev limiter the entire time and it didnt get below 6K!!!!!

Once on the Dragon, I used 2nd gear, even on those straights (yeah, theres SOME of them) and my tach was between 4500-6750+. I felt that 3rd gear didn't give me enough coming out of the real tight turns (now, wheres that 3.0L), so I just let the R's stay up there and do their thing. As far as my temp gauge goes, it didn't move one bit, seriously. I feel this has to do with the fact that I've added about 3 bottles of oil additive over the past 4 1/2 years and Mobil 1, as well as a couple bottles of waterwetter, along with a coolant flush at 30K and a bottle or two afterwards Now as far as the Cherahola Skyways goes, 3rd and sometimes 4th were in order, no doubt about it

As far as a spring/summer Dragon Run, well, I'm open to just about any date. Even though its early, I think we should start a thread w/ a poll about the dates and then, once we get that, have it thumbtacked all winter and early spring. Lets show everyone in the CEG how we do it (I can say how WE do it now that I've been out there TWO years in a row and have driven over 3200K in the process!!!)
© CEG Archives