Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ABeeSVT Orlando - 04/23/04 03:51 AM
I see many SVT's out there in O-Town but I never read anything on anyone from Orlando. Any Contows out here?
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Orlando - 04/23/04 07:40 PM
we need to have a central/south florida meet
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 04/23/04 09:41 PM
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
we need to have a central/south florida meet

I'm listening... As long as we don't talk politics!!
Posted By: Jackal522525 Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 04:44 AM
HEY! i'm from orlando! collage park area, ... i think this is my first post, hmm, i'm not a big talker, anyway i'm game on a central florida meet
Posted By: cfcsvt_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 06:18 AM
I'm down, My project is almost done w/ my SVT!!! In fact, as soon as I am done...to break it in..I am driving to Orlando to get my new rims and tires from Discount Tire Co. by the Wal-Mart (I think that is right) I'm getting the Centerline RPMs in 18's..Need the weight loss (14 lbs /each)!! Let me know..would love to hang out w/ some of the boys again..considering I am pretty much the only one left in Tampa. Wish some of the oldies would PM me considering I cant get a hold of them (you know who you are)

-Ken

P.S. Project SHOULD be done in 2 wks!!
Posted By: JasonJ Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 08:03 AM
hey cfcsvt, i noticed it said you were from brandon, fl. how old are you, i have a cousin that lives in brandon. might know him? i live(in school) in gainesville right now. oh, by the way, i'd be down for a meet, but...as any college kid...no money, no time, no meets....sorry...wish i could
Posted By: cfcsvt_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 01:03 PM
hey jasonj, Im 25, where at in Brandon does your cousin live? Do they drive a tour too? Let me know, so that I can get something together w/ the few remaining people.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 02:58 PM
Nobody in Florida shows up for meets.
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 03:22 PM
How far is everyone willing to drive for a meet?

I would consider hosting one but I would hope for a good turnout. There are several parks down here in the Ft. Lauderdale area where we could have a meet....
Posted By: JasonJ Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 06:38 PM
well, i would love to come to a meet, but i cant afford it right now. anyway, i doubt you know him, he doesnt drive a contour, i think he has a tacoma actually and hes a year younger then i am, so about 19.
Posted By: cfcsvt_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/24/04 07:32 PM
ooook well anyways...wavrdr I would love to go down there for a meet if time off permits it ... if you know what i mean .. I would love to *cough* compare setups. *cough* Hopefully noone caught that. yeah right.

-Ken
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/25/04 05:07 PM
Anytime! Good luck with getting everything set straight!

We could meet up sometime...possible dyno meet?
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/25/04 05:12 PM
Are you running the T-28 or did you go with a T3/T4 as your website states? Just curious....

How far is Brandon from west Lauderdale?
Posted By: BDR Re: Orlando - 04/25/04 08:27 PM
man i cant even remember how many times i tried to get a meet together wen i had my SVT. dont get to excited if you see a couple people post that they wanna go, because within a week of the meet everyone will suddenly start backin out.
wavrdr i've been dying to see your car. i'm gonna be in Miami to get my Rex dyno tuned and would love to hook up with and see your car. its a big Suby/Evo dyno day at this place called Twilight Performance. PM me if your down and we could set something up. i'll be there from the 13th to the 15th of May!
Hit me up!;)
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/25/04 11:26 PM
Originally posted by BDR:
man i cant even remember how many times i tried to get a meet together wen i had my SVT. dont get to excited if you see a couple people post that they wanna go, because within a week of the meet everyone will suddenly start backin out.
wavrdr i've been dying to see your car. i'm gonna be in Miami to get my Rex dyno tuned and would love to hook up with and see your car. its a big Suby/Evo dyno day at this place called Twilight Performance. PM me if your down and we could set something up. i'll be there from the 13th to the 15th of May!
Hit me up!;)

That sounds good...we can meet up. I'm not sure I'll head into the "Lyon's Den" where all you AWD drivers will dismiss the old Contour, but we can meet up one afternoon.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Orlando - 04/26/04 01:45 PM
I just moved out to the altamonte springs area and I'm down for a meet. Met up with BDR last week at a meet with various cars "I had the only tour " Someone get something going and I'll be there.
Posted By: zaphod_fl Re: Orlando - 04/28/04 05:30 PM
Not an SVT, but in East Orlando. I see alot of them as well.
Posted By: cfcsvt_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/28/04 10:21 PM
Well I can see this meet is on its way to not happening..judging by all these replies weve had
Posted By: C&S Express Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 02:14 AM
New on the forum-just bought a 2000 ContourSVT. Looking
to learn from you folks the in's and out's. I live in Bradenton. I also am a member of FTWTrucks. I bought the
Contour to easy up on my truck and take it off the road.
Look forward to meets I can get to--- Warren
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 04:36 AM
Meet?
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 05:19 AM
Yo Eric i think we should have the meet over there in fortmyers.!!! woooooohooooooooo
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Antiramie:
Meet?

I think you know the answer.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 04:22 PM
Alt. Springs is not far at all. Thats over where I originally purchased my SVT. On the other side of Downtown from me.
Posted By: cfcsvt_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 04:53 PM
This is good, I love being proved wrong lets get this done..just found out..provided my flanges are done by Monday..my car shall be done by the end of next week...and then we have to have a day for the tranny, clutch, and flywheel. Then off to Orlando for my break in and new rims. about 140 or so miles after that DYNO TUNING TIME!!
Anyways, lets figure this out...central or south? Maybe since you have people from orlando and others from miami..we should come to Brandon...HAHAHA j/k

-Ken
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 05:03 PM
Originally posted by cfcsvt:
This is good, I love being proved wrong lets get this done..just found out..provided my flanges are done by Monday..my car shall be done by the end of next week...and then we have to have a day for the tranny, clutch, and flywheel. Then off to Orlando for my break in and new rims. about 140 or so miles after that DYNO TUNING TIME!!
Anyways, lets figure this out...central or south? Maybe since you have people from orlando and others from miami..we should come to Brandon...HAHAHA j/k

-Ken

Actually, a central location to meet up might be

• Melbourne
  • Titusville (we can hit the War Bird museum and maybe the space center)
  • Fort Pierce (inlet area, beaches)
  • Jupiter (bunches a' beaches & places to eat)

Just getting things started. I'd be in for a meet or mod fest.

Jupiter also has the skate park for $5 if any of you are into that (gotta have protective equipment)
Skate park pix & info pages

Jupiter Abacoa Town Center, "Enjoy live music every Friday night with Darryl Gwinn at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill 8-11PM and with La Hinch Mob at Rooney's Public House 9:30PM-12:30AM."

also - MAIN STREET CRUISE
Classic Car Show - Saturday, May 1, 2004 from 5pm â?? 10pm
The Asphalt Angels Club hosts over 300 classic cars culminating in a Parade of Hot Rods down Main Street at 8:30pm. The cruise is open to cars and trucks 1972 and older and special interest vehicles. Checkered Flag Awards sponsored by Bev Smith Ford.
Live from 7 â?? 10pm on the Town Center Stage, BACK IN TIME with your favorite Oldies.
Enjoy dinner at one of Abacoa Town Centerâ??s tempting restaurants. Snacks and drinks are available from the Town Center vendors. Please no coolers or glass. Bring your blanket or lawn chair, relax and enjoy the balmy night, the Main Street Cruise and Oldies with BACK IN TIME.

Geez, I sound like a commercial. Sorry.
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 2K SVT:
Meet?

didnt we have a decent turn out last time we had a meet in orlando. we all met at the track on 50. well im down for a meet. just name the place and time.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 04/29/04 06:08 PM
Originally posted by carrot_top:
Meet?

didnt we have a decent turn out last time we had a meet in orlando. we all met at the track on 50. well im down for a meet. just name the place and time.

I'd go there too. Weekend of May 7?
Posted By: Toobs_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 03:09 AM
I remember that meet, That was a long time ago. I'm game...Sup Jim, Chris.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 05:05 AM
Well my contour is going in for a full make-over tomorrow. Everything from a new tranny to a full tune up. I won't be able to make the meet in the tour but I will love to make the meet in my Jeep Wrangler. So hows about it! East 50... thats Bifflo! I will certainly make that. I will take the pictures on the sideline. haha
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Toobs:

and the dead shall rise.
dam havent hear nothing from you for a long time, you are just like me.
lay low is the key.
we had a decent turn out i still have the pictures from the meet.
dam that was a long time ago...

cheers
suriel
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 06:13 PM

What's with the signature...the wife let you buy a new toy.
Posted By: Toobs_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 08:35 PM
Yup those were the days...you got it Jim, the Mrs. finally let me have a new toy.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 09:11 PM
So does any one plan on organizing this thing or not?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 09:21 PM
You're closer...
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
You're closer...

I'll plan one, if you want to meet in the Melbourne area.

Lets take a poll on meeting areas.

Melbourne
East Orlando
West Orlando
Tampa
Any other suggestions
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 09:40 PM
You're closer...

I'll plan one, if you want to meet in the Melbourne area.

Lets take a poll on meeting areas.

Melbourne
East Orlando
West Orlando
Tampa
Any other suggestions

Try to arrange one during an auto-x event perhaps. I'd like to put my ATX on the track & see if I can get all the way through (without getting lost) on the first try....

Saw a bunch of ricers in Miami get lost in the cones at an Auto-x event, they just start pulling donuts till they get their bearings or give up. Funny stuff.
Posted By: Toobs_dup1 Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 11:43 PM
I think the Martin Sports Car Club still have their every 2nd Sunday of the month auto X in Palm Bay. We could look into that.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 04/30/04 11:46 PM
I think the Martin Sports Car Club still have their every 2nd Sunday of the month auto X in Palm Bay. We could look into that.

Martin has no events planned on thier website. SCCA has nothing planned in Brevard for the rest of the year, as of right now.

I'll email Martin and see if they have any plans for BCC.
Posted By: BDR Re: Orlando - 05/01/04 02:09 AM
i'd be down to come to a meet!
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/01/04 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BDR:
i'd be down to come to a meet!

So we have 4 people intrested....and only one has a Contour. What's wrong with the Florida group.
Posted By: BDR Re: Orlando - 05/01/04 02:51 PM
BDR aka(imprtKLLR)
same things thats always been wrong. they all seem to be scared for some reason. example, there is a guy named unknown lives like 15mins from were i work, 5 mins from were the tuner community meets every wendsday. for the the 2 1/2 yrs i had my SVT i tried to get this kid to come out and meet and never worked, he always had some excuse. i never once meet a local CEGer, wait no 1 carrot-top. thats the one thing i dont miss at all about having my car, no sense of community. with my Rex i met local guys the day after i got mine. i hang out with them every week.
i hope you guys get a meet together. tehre are a couple familiar names on this list i would love to meet!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/01/04 03:17 PM
If somebody fires up a meet, I'll be there. I went to a meet in Huntsville last month. I'll be going to drive Deals Gap in October, like I did last year - great fun! You should all go to the Dragon, whatever car you have.

I was interested in the Jax meets, but they seem to prefer theirs on Sunday afternoon, about the time I'd have to leave to make it home before 10:00, is when they have their meets start. Not at all practical for me in West Palm.

One guy decide to go to the strip or Auto-X on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday & let us all know to show up. I'm in for what ever, where ever, when ever next weekend...
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/01/04 07:56 PM
Hey guys im down for a meet as long as its not too far. I dont want to drive to orlando its like 4 hours away from me but then again i jsut might. Im trying to resolve some problems ive been having on my SVT with the 3L and all so as soon as those are done shoot I wouldnt even mind hosting a meet. Im always down to meet up with fellow CEGers but its true attendance is worse than a jennifer lopez movie.
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 05:06 AM
I'll make the trip to Melbourne......
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 04:45 PM
Originally posted by wavrdr:
I'll make the trip to Melbourne......

Looks like the Ford show in St. Augustine is getting off the ground for May 22nd. I'm in for that one.

Let's get this one going for one of the next two weekends (May 7 or 14).

First, what activities are in the area?

Auto-x?

Speed world drag strip is nearby, but when's race-your-neighbor night?

Anybody interested in the Warbird Air Museum?

How about Kennedy Space Center?

Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 04:56 PM
Every Friday night gates open at 6 for test and tune at Speed World.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 04:57 PM
They open to the public on Saturdays????

and, how much for track time?

how much to watch?
Posted By: Toobs_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 06:59 PM
Wed. and Fri. Test & Tune, $15 to watch and $20 to run. Sat. it's bracket racing i think... it's been a while since I've been there.
Posted By: Toobs_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 07:04 PM
BDR i heard there's a Subi meet on 30th of May in Pointe Orlando, some of the Evo guys are being invited... are U going? I might go if there's enough Evo that will show up.
Let's get this meet goin... (contour,contour)
Posted By: BDR Re: Orlando - 05/02/04 09:23 PM
i'm the one who's putting it together!
so yea i'll be there for sure. we have like 3-4 local Evo's comin out. if you or anyone else from here are interested in comin let me know so i can give you details!
here is a link to the meet post.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=547644
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: Orlando - 05/03/04 03:22 PM
im down for a meet. just name the place and time. distance is no issue, as long as i dont have to work i will be there.

cheers
suriel
Posted By: TourDeForce Orlando: Post meet info here - 05/03/04 05:03 PM
So, we're meeting at the strip on Friday night. Gates open at 6:00pm.

It'll take me some time to get there from West Palm Beach, but I'll see about getting there by 9:00pm. Who else is going?

1. TourDeForce
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando: Post meet info here - 05/03/04 05:55 PM
So, we're meeting at the strip on Friday night. Gates open at 6:00pm.

It'll take me some time to get there from West Palm Beach, but I'll see about getting there by 9:00pm. Who else is going?

1. TourDeForce

The Close at 10 or 10:30. So is the drive worth it for you?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando: Post meet info here - 05/03/04 06:15 PM
They Close at 10 or 10:30.

I didn't know that. I thought they'd be open till midnight or sup'm.

Somebody take my place at #1 on the list.
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Orlando: Post meet info here - 05/03/04 08:03 PM
I'll go if I get the SRT-4 in time..
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/05/04 10:16 PM
I have not gotten a reponse for an Auto-X in Melbourne any time soon. Do we want to try a minor mods and BBQ meet, I'm willing to host.
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 01:04 AM
How about a tail-gate meet at the St Pete Times Forum on Saturday around, hmmm, 2:00?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 01:47 AM
Sounds great! I am now committed for this weekend. How about the 15th or 22nd??

I'll bring tools.
Should I bring hot dogs?
Who wants to bring paper plates, buns, condiments, & such?

I've got a rear sway bar and a few misc. things to install. Maybe we'll have time to shine up the rides too.

I can bring a water pump & a set of stock manifolds if anybody needs them. They may be too much to install at a mini-mod meet, but you can pick them up cheap. I even have an SVT TB core.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 02:04 AM
Just let me know when okay. I live in Orlando. My car is at Sun State Ford right now getting a make over. I went today and was told I will have the car back next week. I however am an assistant manager at Eckerds so basically said I need to be given some time in advance to take off. Lets make this happen. I am eager to meet some tours in the area. Now lets do this! First lets figure on a location. Then lets talk about when to schedule this!
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 02:38 AM
You guys want to try for the 22nd or 23rd? If so what do you want to do to your car? Reply if your intrested.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 02:48 AM
You guys want to try for the 22nd or 23rd? If so what do you want to do to your car? Reply if your intrested.

22nd. We can mod & shine our cars & have Sunday to enjoy them. Anybody else have input?

When I mentioned the parts I had available, I kinda slapped down the water pump install idea 'cause I didn't know how messy you'd allow things to get. Gotta take care of the host!

We've got the place, courtesy 2K SVT.
We're narrowing down the day.
2K SVT, 'bout what time you wanna start??
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 07:53 AM
I can't make the 22nd or 23rd.

Maybe the next one guys...
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 04:28 PM
I am not clear on where the meet is? So its def on the 22nd and 23rd?
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 06:22 PM
I ve got to replace both my headgaskets but its too much for what you guys have planned so im going to get it done if time allows before the 22nd so i can go to the meet.. ill be thre for sure if thats done maybe ill have my msds we can install
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/06/04 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ABeeSVT:

The plan is to have the meet at my house. I am in Melbourne, about 5 min off I-95.

It's either the 22 or 23rd, not both.

Chris....your Mommy said no?
Posted By: TourDeForce Melbourne Mod Meet is ON !! - 05/06/04 08:16 PM

The plan is to have the meet at my house. I am in Melbourne, about 5 min off I-95.

It's either the 22 or 23rd, not both.

I vote the 22nd.

What time??

What should I bring besides tools?
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/07/04 05:27 AM

I have company coming in the 21st and staying til the 26th, biotch.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/07/04 06:28 PM
lol or you have to go check into your hotel and come back to the meet lol j/k you should come.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/07/04 06:42 PM
Ya, bring the visitors, they can eat, drink, & turn a wrench if they wish.
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/07/04 07:13 PM
Anyone else?
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Orlando - 05/07/04 08:48 PM
Originally posted by svttour:
lol or you have to go check into your hotel and come back to the meet lol j/k you should come.

OWNED
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Orlando - 05/08/04 12:22 AM
Originally posted by svttour:

OWNED

( ... begins to wonder what kind of characters he's getting involved with... )
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Orlando - 05/14/04 08:58 AM
I went to Ford to look at my car and see what they have fixed (separation anxiety) and saw two SVT's and on the way there I saw two of them on the road. I can't believe I can not find anyone on here that lives in Orlando.
Posted By: TropicalSVT_dup1 Re: Orlando - 05/17/04 05:08 AM
I went to Ford to look at my car and see what they have fixed (separation anxiety) and saw two SVT's and on the way there I saw two of them on the road. I can't believe I can not find anyone on here that lives in Orlando.

Nice to meet you
© CEG Archives