Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Tail of the Dragon

Meet potential?

Who is going?

Oct 4-5 The CEG (Contour Enthusiasts Group) is planning to drive the Dragon and neighboring roads. There will probably be about 10-15 Contour SVT's, Contours, and a few Focus in the mix.
I'll be there. Josh (svtaslinger) is trying to get together a meet in a couple weeks.
That calendar I believe was for last year,, but I plan on making it this year,, but won't the dates be different?
Slightly, just shoot for the first weekend in October.
2nd and 3rd,,, if everything goes as plan, my friend will be bringing his srt4 up there as well,, ya'll better watch out, it's already got a cai, motor mounts being ordered, and more to come (rfl was traded for the cai, so another bov will be coming sometime as well)... Though he isn't that experienced of a driver, so all modified contours/svts should be able to hang in the 318 curves. Maybe Tim (atl-svt) could come,, that would be sweeet. I'll be the losest HP car there though unless another zetec shows,, ya'll don't go too fast in the 2 or 3 straight parts of the road pleaze....
It's all driver, Ross. The MTX's rarely get out of 2nd. Just leave the ATX in 2 and let the tranny do your breaking for you.
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
Slightly, just shoot for the first weekend in October.

I'd like to see us get up there near the 15th or 20th. The fall leaves are nearer their peak at that time & it makes for nice photo shoots - 'think Con-tique of the month'. A few action shots with some leaves a-flyin' would be cool too.

In addition, the leaves comin' down keep the bikers away so there is almost no bike traffic to contend with, just leaf lookers (most of them will be on the Smokey Mountains run).
Keep me posted and I'm in...
That's true. But if it's nice enough out, Killby will be out there taking real professional shots. www.killboy.com IIRC is his site.

Yeah, that's the site. Lots of pics. Here's us from last October:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
That's true. But if it's nice enough out, Killby will be out there taking real professional shots. www.killboy.com IIRC is his site.

Yeah, that's the site. Lots of pics. Here's us ...

Those pix are OK for a novice photographer, I guess.

Aummmmm I'm tellin on yoooou! Well they're better than mine! My Deal's Gap pics.
Hey Tourdeforce if we both go up there,, wanna meet up along I-75 for a small caravan?
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Hey Tourdeforce if we both go up there,, wanna meet up along I-75 for a small caravan?

I'd love it. Always fun to prowl in packs! Perhaps we can get more Florida CEGers in on it for next fall. It really is a nice trip.

I liked the Best Western in Sweetwater, TN. Pool, jacuzzi, laundry, free all you can eat breakfast (bacon, waffles, french toast, 8 different juices & coffee, etc.), good access to the Chero-Hala Skyway / Dragon loop, everything!! And only about an hour outa the Nooga.
Cool, also it would be nice to get some alabama (especially a certain turbo'd zetec) and the other few georgia 'tours to go... also it would be cool to have a certain cavalier owner there.
... also it would be cool to have a certain cavalier owner there.

WTF???
Originally posted by The Count:

WTF???

Rich (sosaudio) who just recently bought a cavalier... I want him to come so there will be atleast one car there that is slower than me.

WTF???

Rich (sosaudio) who just recently bought a cavalier... I want him to come so there will be atleast one car there that is slower than me.

Still, I've gotta be seen with one of those things ... eewwww (where's a barfing emoticon when you need it).

You have to drive next to him, not me.

Sheriff: "What the heck is all that noise??"

Deputy: "Oh, it's that Crapalier traveling with those nice cars."

Sheriff: "Hastle all of them for disturbing the peace. Don't forget to beat the $hit out of the guy in the red car with Florida plates for no particular reason."

WTF???

Zing!

Yeah, Sweetwater is right off 75. Last year everyone stayed at the Caney Creek Village cabins and said they were real nice. They have a pool, too, but come October, I don't know if you want to be swimmin outside!
Yeah, Sweetwater is right off 75. Last year everyone stayed at the Caney Creek Village cabins and said they were real nice. They have a pool, too, but come October, I don't know if you want to be swimmin outside!

The Best Western has the indoor heated pool & jacuzzi.
So? I've got 2 bath tubs in my house. AND hot water. Moooovin on up; to the east side. To a deeeeeluxe apartment in the sky....
So? I've got 2 bath tubs in my house. AND hot water. Moooovin on up; to the east side. To a deeeeeluxe apartment in the sky....

Whoa! ... I was just addressing the swimming in October thing to let everybody know that its a viable option. Didn't mean to tick anybody off.

There's plenty of time 'till the October Dragon Run, so all options for accomodations will be considered. Besides, final word on this stuff certainly does NOT rest with me. I'm just a tourist from Florida!

If anybody locates more refined accomodations at a reasonable price, I'll be the first to jump in! In fact, there were some deluxe cabins being built on the NC side adjacent a stream or river or supm' that sounded really nice. I'll hunt that down if anybody would be interested in it.
Everyone just totally ignore my post since I am not a regular around here. God forbid you all do something spontaneous and come in April AND October.
I'd love to come in april, just not feasible for me... though I can make the october one as long as schedule permits (or I'll make it permit ).
Hmmmmm may have to go to this!!!
Chill Josh, you know I'll be there. You gotta call me, I don't have your number anymore. Hit me up 838-0102
Originally posted by Elmo:

Wish one, april or october? Go to the october one but don't mod your car anymore,, I wanna be faster than somebody.
Go to both. Or let's all just move to Robinsville, NC.

Wish one, april or october? Go to the october one but don't mod your car anymore,, I wanna be faster than somebody.

Dem sounds like racin' words to me!!!!

Originally posted by Super Grover:

Honestly Steve, it won't be much of a race. Two slow cars put-puttin along is hardly a race.
Originally posted by Super Grover:

Honestly Steve, it won't be much of a race. Two slow cars put-puttin along is hardly a race.

Haven't you ever heard the story about the race betwenn the TOURtous And the Mexican Tourtous with no hair

I've got the weight advantage.
Ow Hector, better hit the diet mangh.
© CEG Archives