Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: unisys12 Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/29/03 11:37 PM
I called today and talked to the guy that runs the dyno at Trackmasters in HSV. I think you guys will be very happy with what he told me.

With a minimum of 5 cars the charges will be like this...

Base line|No A/F - $40
Basel ine|w/ A/F - $50

Tunning with A/F - $65

This is all with 2-3 pulls. If your first two pulls turn out the same, then you keep those and walk away. He said that he could do 10-15 cars a day, if we start at around 10 AM and to factor in at least a lunch for the guy. As for the tunning, he said that he only will tune Hondas and Acuras, so you are on your own if you want to tune your car. He said that if we could give him at least a 2 week notice, that should be more then enough time for him to hold us a spot.

I'm down for a baseline w/ A/F...

Who else??
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 12:05 AM
Base line|w/ A/F - $50

that 2 pulls... maybe 3??? if so I am in.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Base line|w/ A/F - $50

That's what the guy told me.

I talked to rich this afternoon and he told me that you might be interested. Something about some cam gears???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 04:47 AM
So if I played with my cam gears myself, would I still have to pay $65?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 04:57 AM
Originally posted by unisys12:
Base line|w/ A/F - $50

That's what the guy told me.

I talked to rich this afternoon and he told me that you might be interested. Something about some cam gears???

I guess we all got to start calling him to make him 100% interested in dynoing have you talked with amanda to see if she wants to dyno too?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 06:50 AM
I'm down....maybe in a different car by then.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 06:58 AM
...have you talked with amanda to see if she wants to dyno too?

Nawg I haven't. I guess I need to call her too.

And Hector, what the hell is this about being in a different car? You and I both know damn well you will not be winning the lottery anytime soon, so stop talking smack!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 08:52 AM

And Hector, what the hell is this about being in a different car? You and I both know damn well you will not be winning the lottery anytime soon, so stop talking smack!!

Looking this weekend.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Looking this weekend.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 05:16 PM

Looking this weekend.

Sorry having too many probs.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 06:38 PM
Hector, you can look anytime you want, buying is a whole 'nother animal! Test drives are ok, too, as long as you know the salesperson.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/30/03 08:40 PM
What, exactly, is tunning?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/31/03 02:00 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
What, exactly, is tunning?

Tunning is basically makeing a few runs to get a base line. Then you take those numbers, along with other informationaly items such as the A/F (air/fuel ratio), and makeing adjustments to the car to improve those numbers.

Let's say you got yourself some cam gears installed. You would make a few runs to get your baseline information about HP, Torque and your A/F. You then install your gears and set them to a base setting. Make a run or two to get an idea of where you are. Make some adjusts and continue until you have reached an "optimium" setting that allows you to reach a goal with your HP, TQ & A/F.

You might hear a lot of chatter about needing to go "tune" or "not running it hard until they tune it" from guys that have 3L Hybrids and F/I'ed beast around here. Most of all of them are running a custom burned (or tuned) chip in their ECM. What they will do is get their baseline, then begin to tweak all sorts of settings for things like the MAF sensor and injector pulse's, timing, etc... etc... What they will do is tweak things, by looking at exhaust gas temps and the A/F to find a "optimium" setting for all parameters that will allow for the proper A/F ratio (which by the way, was quickly found to be the killer of many of the first F/I'ed & 3L's around here) coupled with happy mix of HP and TQ. These settings are then burned into the chip, allowing for a custom tune.

I hope I was able to answer that without going too over bored.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/31/03 05:10 AM
*psst* It's spelled tuning *psst*
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 12/31/03 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Hector, you can look anytime you want, buying is a whole 'nother animal! Test drives are ok, too, as long as you know the salesperson.

No.....deciding and working out a deal.
Posted By: contourchic Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/05/04 04:40 AM
I know im definately interested!! Let me know how bad mny car is runnin right now too, lol. Thank gawd im gettin headers next month, maybve march..depends on tax returns!! YAYYYYYYYYYY Im so happy. Hubby got me pedals for xmas, and it kit included dead pedal. New side marker lights, which are blue, and my Ford sunglasses that are silver with blue flames at the bend in the arms. Im bout set! WOOHOOOOOO!! Well yall lemme know when and what time, so i can get off from work for it.
Cya
Manda
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/05/04 08:20 AM
Very cool Amanda.

I need some more mods.....like a turbo!!!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/10/04 08:50 AM
Very cool Amanda.

I need some more mods.....like a turbo!!!

Hell yeah....maybe sponsored by then, then again, maybe dreaming....then again maybe SRT-4 or STI....but the latter would be difficult to dyno...

Oh yeah, we have three more. Me, and two other ppl..wait make that three other ppl.

That should put us to the number needed to dyno. We need a time frame. I would say, early in the morning.

We also need you guys to come into HSV thurs nite if possible....dyno here Friday, grub at Gibson's that nite....or maybe going to Sonic to get some burgers and take the place over. Wish we still had an A&W. I set up a classic car show there once when I was still driving the Barracuda.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/10/04 02:08 PM
Ok, so far we have....

1) ZetecRacing (Joe) - Basline w/ A/F = $50
2) unisys12 (that be me!) - Baseline w/ A/F = $50
3) contourchic (Amanda) - ?
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?

I really wish I could afford a SVT UIM and TB!! I would love to see how much it can really add. I know Lance is a happy camper though.

As for a start time, Aurthur told me that he gets started around 10AM. If we have a few tuners in there, we could be looking at wrapping up alittle after lunch with this many. Not real sure, but he did say to allow for at least 30 min each. Somewhere in there. It may go quicker then that, may not.

Again, if you are planning on doing any tuning - Arthur said he only tunes Honda's. I will need to know what you are planing so I can get with him first, since he will not be doing the work. That way he can schedule his day as needed.

As for the date of this... Rich and I talked about possible doing this on that Friday, since at the time we were looking at traveling alot. If we are going to stay in HSV, I say we do it on Saturday. If we decide to take a ride up to Nashville, then I suggest we do this on Friday. That way we will not have to rush around, freaking out, all that jazz.

Joe! I know you will be there the whole week prior, so that would not be a big issue. Rich and his friends live there, so... well you do the math. I live about 2 or 3 hrs away and can take off from work that day, Yay!! I will have to miss a days pay, Boo!! But if everyone wants to do it on Friday, that is cool with me. I will be taken donations at the hotel later that night for the Support Phil's Family Fund.

Yeah, I'm joking!!!

Hector, Steve & anyone else that might be coming from the "great white north" (wait, was that a racial statement?? Nah!), are any of you guys planing on taking a few runs? If so, let me know so we can plan accordingly. If coming in on Thursday night will be a problem, we will work something out.

I have posted this over at NECO, in Heartland, and there has been "0" interest.
Posted By: Airforce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/11/04 03:25 AM
If I come down there, add me to the list of dyno people!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/11/04 05:00 AM
Originally posted by ILZX3:
If I come down there, add me to the list of dyno people!

Done!

1) ZetecRacing (Joe) - Basline w/ A/F = $50
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?
7) ILZX3 - ?

I will take it that everyone with a "?" next to their name is going for only Baseline runs?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/11/04 08:45 AM
I will run if I can get the mod I want to get.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/11/04 02:12 PM

I was hoping you would. Just keep us posted.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/11/04 04:16 PM

I was hoping you would. Just keep us posted.

Not a prob.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 01:54 AM
Hector, the guy told me that he would not do the tunning for us, so we would have to do the tunning ourselves. so to answer your question... Yes! You can tune your own car.

I told him that a few of you guys had cam gears that you might want to get tuned and he said that it would be no problem.

Just in case we have some lazy bones that don't feel like reading, the prices are still as follow's...

Base line|No A/F - $40
Basel ine|w/ A/F - $50

Tunning with A/F - $65 hr

And like I said a few times before, afer we get Kim's Passport up and running again we are going to make a trip over one saturday and talk with the shop some more and get everything set into stone. We will also try and take some pics of the dyno too.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 07:24 AM
Hector, the guy told me that he would not do the tunning for us, so we would have to do the tunning ourselves. so to answer your question... Yes! You can tune your own car.

I told him that a few of you guys had cam gears that you might want to get tuned and he said that it would be no problem.

Just in case we have some lazy bones that don't feel like reading, the prices are still as follow's...

Base line|No A/F - $40
Basel ine|w/ A/F - $50

And like I said a few times before, afer we get Kim's Passport up and running again we are going to make a trip over one saturday and talk with the shop some more and get everything set into stone. We will also try and take some pics of the dyno too.

I could get my car tuned in a hour!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 04:54 PM

Base line|No A/F - $40
Basel ine|w/ A/F - $50

I could get my car tuned in a hour!

Yeah, you've had it for 3-4 years now, what are you waiting for?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:08 PM
That sounds like a plan. When do you want to do this? I wouldn't mind throwin my rice ride on the rack to see how much Uncle Ben's I need to add.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:13 PM
That sounds like a plan. When do you want to do this? I wouldn't mind throwin my rice ride on the rack to see how much Uncle Ben's I need to add.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:15 PM
I'll bring a bag of yellow rice just in case.

This thread brought to you by:
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:19 PM

My car runs on Spanish rice!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:34 PM

I have officially heard it all!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:37 PM

Cool, I'll bring some!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:43 PM

Cool, I'll bring some!

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:45 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

Cool, I'll bring some!

What kind of rice does your car run best on, Steve?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:49 PM

Cool, I'll bring some!

No rice.....TBK!!!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/29/04 06:51 PM

Cool, I'll bring some!

No rice.....TBK!!!

Fried Rice Because I got da long dong
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 12:42 AM

Cool, I'll bring some!

No rice.....TBK!!!

Fried Rice Because I got da long dong

Steve, I thought you was running spanish rice too. What happened to the guacamole???
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 12:45 AM

Eric, I had planned on doing this on Saturday like you suggested. We threw around the idea of doing it on Friday, if everyone could get to HSV on Thursday, but it got thrown out when the 3Days&Nights got tossed.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 07:58 AM

Eric, I had planned on doing this on Saturday like you suggested. We threw around the idea of doing it on Friday, if everyone could get to HSV on Thursday, but it got thrown out when the 3Days&Nights got tossed.

What?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 12:58 PM

What?

What?

I asked about it two times and noone answered. I even PM'd Eric about it, since I found out all this after he had already thrown out the idea of the three city meet, and got no response. I talked to Rich and he even posted something about moving the dyno day over to Friday, if it wouldn't cause any problems with you guys. No response! So I figured everything was still agree'd for saturday.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 03:53 PM
Didja? Oh well, I'm a douche. I like the idea of doing it on Saturday anyway. We can hit the strip Friday night and then push Hector's car on the rack Saturday so he might be able to make a little bit of power. Sounds good. Sorry I didn't reply to the PM, I thought I did.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 07:49 PM
Phil I thought we were talking about the track and the dyno.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/30/04 11:56 PM

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 04:09 AM

We were. Eric just threw in the idea of hitting HSV dragway of Friday and everything is a go for the Dyno Day Saturday.

That is unless you are still talking about the road course ideas I had before. I don't think you are though.

The reason I posted the confused smiley was because I was not sure what you was confused on. I thought maybe you was confused about the dyno time's and whatnot.

Sorry about me being all confused and stuff... Kim got three wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, so things were a little off for me. Come to think of it (OUCH! That hurt!!), I'm still a little off and I'm not even the one taking all the drugs.

Dyno Day still stands for Saturday. I will try to schedule this to start up at around 10AM... that is if Hector will come out of his room before then.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 05:12 AM

We were. Eric just threw in the idea of hitting HSV dragway of Friday and everything is a go for the Dyno Day Saturday.

That is unless you are still talking about the road course ideas I had before. I don't think you are though.

The reason I posted the confused smiley was because I was not sure what you was confused on. I thought maybe you was confused about the dyno time's and whatnot.

Sorry about me being all confused and stuff... Kim got three wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, so things were a little off for me. Come to think of it (OUCH! That hurt!!), I'm still a little off and I'm not even the one taking all the drugs.

Dyno Day still stands for Saturday. I will try to schedule this to start up at around 10AM... that is if Hector will come out of his room before then.

Gotta take advantage of the vacation time.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 07:41 AM
Come to think of it (OUCH! That hurt!!), I'm still a little off and I'm not even the one taking all the drugs.

atleast you are enjoying the drugs
Posted By: m!key Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 09:34 AM
i want drugs! naw, i am just kidding.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i want drugs! naw, i am just kidding.

didn't you just have some, or don't you already have some?
Posted By: m!key Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 09:46 AM
i dont do that stuff man. i am as clean as a whistle.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 04:22 PM
Sure Mike, the first step is acceptance.

Methinks the road course idea went the way of the dinosaurs when Phil found it would cost umpteen thousand dollars for the weekend. Is everybody cool with the drag strip Friday night and dyno at 10am Saturday? I'll be sure to set a wake up call for everyone at, let's say....6? Cool.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 04:27 PM

Methinks the road course idea went the way of the dinosaurs when Phil found it would cost umpteen thousand dollars for the weekend. Is everybody cool with the drag strip Friday night and dyno at 10am Saturday? I'll be sure to set a wake up call for everyone at, let's say....6? Cool.

6AM? Well Steve, there goes the idea of excessive drinking Friday night after our trip to the strip. Oh well, we will just have to make up for the lost time on Saturday night then!!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 01/31/04 08:25 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i dont do that stuff man. i am as clean as a whistle.

ummm yeah clean as a whore after happy hour
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/02/04 07:07 AM

6AM? Well Steve, there goes the idea of excessive drinking Friday night after our trip to the strip. Oh well, we will just have to make up for the lost time on Saturday night then!!

I go to sleep at 4 or 5am...that is not going to work!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 01:59 AM
1) ZetecRacing (Joe) - Basline w/ A/F = $50 (maybe!)
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 04:35 AM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?

By posting this are you suggesting that people need to pay in advance???
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 12:14 PM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?

Nope, just to let everyone know who is going to be dynoing and how much it will cost them. I asked about prepaying, but the guy told me that it's not necessary.

Reason I reposted the list was because ZetecRacing PM'd me and said that his clutch might not be broke in by then, so for me to put him down as a maybe.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 03:05 PM
I want to find out how much power I put down; not my car. Can I get on the rack and run on the drums?
Posted By: ToMMyKnocKeR Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 03:48 PM
I want to find out how much power I put down; not my car. Can I get on the rack and run on the drums?

LOL
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 05:10 PM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?

Nope, just to let everyone know who is going to be dynoing and how much it will cost them. I asked about prepaying, but the guy told me that it's not necessary.

Reason I reposted the list was because ZetecRacing PM'd me and said that his clutch might not be broke in by then, so for me to put him down as a maybe.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/13/04 07:20 PM
Pssh, broke in clutch. Lemme drive it around the parking lot, not only will the clutch be broke in, but it'll need replacing, too!!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/14/04 02:41 AM
Pssh, broke in clutch. Lemme drive it around the parking lot, not only will the clutch be broke in, but it'll need replacing, too!!

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/14/04 08:49 AM

Damn ATX drivers who don't know how to drive stick!!! BTW I do know how!! I need me a MTX.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/16/04 02:50 PM
I'm not talking about driving a stick Hector, you sick perv! I'm talking about cars! Jeebus...
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/17/04 01:20 AM
I'm not talking about driving a stick Hector, you sick perv! I'm talking about cars! Jeebus...

Posted By: ToMMyKnocKeR Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/17/04 04:12 AM

perverts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/17/04 06:57 AM
Originally posted by ToMMyKnocKeR:

perverts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric is the one who took it to the gutter!
Posted By: ToMMyKnocKeR Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/17/04 07:00 AM
how come you not on aim?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/17/04 07:03 AM
how come you not on aim?

What are you talking about?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/21/04 04:06 AM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?

Are there any other takers on this? I sure hope so because if we loose Joe and Rich, muchless his friends, we will be without dyno and will be forced to wash our cars all day!!

But seriously, if we are not going to have enough people, now would be a good time to know. That way we can make plans to drive somewhere or prepare for some serious modding.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/21/04 05:11 AM
Mods? What are these 'mods' you speak of? Do you mean spur of the moment free mods?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/21/04 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Who the hell are you:
Mods? What are these 'mods' you speak of? Do you mean spur of the moment free mods?

I don't know... Spur of the moment free mods normally only start happening after Steve and I have consumed enough beer to kill a horse. I'm still not sure if any of those are any good or not though. I can't remember what we did.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/21/04 08:35 AM

I don't know... Spur of the moment free mods normally only start happening after Steve and I have consumed enough beer to kill a horse. I'm still not sure if any of those are any good or not though. I can't remember what we did.

All my mods will be done beforehand. Hopefully I won't have no headlight lenses to clean.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/22/04 06:04 AM

All my mods will be done beforehand. Hopefully I won't have no headlight lenses to clean.

Hopefully you take a grammar class. Hookd on foniz wurkd fo me?!
Posted By: contourchic Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/24/04 06:01 AM
OOOOOOOOk....sorry aint been around, kids will take away lots of free time. yes im doin tha dyno thing if i get my headers on soon enough. wish me luck on that. been chaotic round here so anyways...ttyl
manda
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/24/04 08:44 AM
Originally posted by contourchic:
OOOOOOOOk....sorry aint been around, kids will take away lots of free time. yes im doin tha dyno thing if i get my headers on soon enough. wish me luck on that. been chaotic round here so anyways...ttyl
manda

Good to hear from ya.
Posted By: contourchic Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 02/26/04 05:40 AM
Been sooooo busy with my car and werk and the kids and and...... grrrrrr. Well I have been soo busy not funny. Today I got my duals put on, YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Joe notched out the bumper and did an awesome job. I cant wait till its pretty nuff outside so i can get pics of it! OMG it is soooooo sweet. Purrs like a kitten too, heheheeeeee~
Manda
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/02/04 01:52 PM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?
7) Neco Member
8) Focla Jetter

I will get in touch with Rich sometime today and see if he is still going to pull. Last I talked to him it sounded like his dif was fixing to grenade on him. anyway, i will also check over at the NECO Boards and Focal Jet to get more info on these fellas.

Thanks Eric!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/02/04 03:11 PM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?
7) Neco Member
8) Focla Jetter

I will get in touch with Rich sometime today and see if he is still going to pull. Last I talked to him it sounded like his dif was fixing to grenade on him. anyway, i will also check over at the NECO Boards and Focal Jet to get more info on these fellas.

Thanks Eric!!

Would be a good idea for Rich....to get a baseline before the modding.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/02/04 05:10 PM
The guy on NECO posted in the Heart of Dixie forum, CougarSVT methinks.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/03/04 05:03 AM
I talked to Rich today and he said that he might still be up for some pulls. He also said that his friends are still game as well, but said that he will have to get in touch with them to make sure. so for now, the list stands as is.

I am going over to NECO and FJ and check things out there. Wish me luck!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/03/04 05:07 AM
4) sosaudio1 (Rich) - ?
5) Rich's Friend - ?
6) Rich's Friend - ?
7) CougarSVT - $50 (I'm taking it will be a baseline w)
8) Tired - $50 (yeah me too man, don't feel bad.)
9) thinkfast -$50 (What should I be thinking about. Oops, just another example of me being slow!)

Man that was deep!! Off to FJ!!

Looks like there will be a nice turn out of Focal Jetters!!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/13/04 04:09 AM
Last call folks. The Dyno will be shutting down in just a few hours, so go to the bar now!

OOPS! I mean Post if you want to make a few runs for a great price on a dyno jet dyno.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/15/04 01:57 PM
I will be calling Arthur today and setting everything up. I will have to do it over the phone, since it does not look like I will be able to make it over to HSV before the meet.

Everyone will pay when we get to the shop, so there is no deposit that you need to send or anything like that. If anyone wants to or needs to back out now thouhg, please let me know.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/15/04 03:29 PM
Can I still get time to tune there? $65 an hour? I need to tune my cam gears since I got my Diablochip in.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/15/04 04:36 PM
I was just fixing to call and I will ask for more details about tunning.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! - 03/15/04 05:00 PM
I was just fixing to call and I will ask for more details about tunning.

Let me know!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:21 PM
Just got off the phone with Arthur and found out that Saturday is already taken, but don't fret...

He is willing to work with us, so here is what he proposed...

We can do some pulls on Friday and some on Sunday. Or all on Friday or all on Sunday. It is up to us. Whatever we want to do.

He also gave me a web address that we could check out... Trackmasters. You can go to the Dyno sectoin and check out the rates. Hey! If we get more than 10 people, we can get a bigger discount. I don't think that will happen, but oh well. You can also check out the Dyno Charts page to see graphs of runs by other people. I suppose ours will be listed as well.

Hector, as for tuning, you have do whatever you want at $65 - minus doing a engine swap. You are more than welcome to do your own tunning, if you want. Also, since you are wanting to tune, Arthur is the one that mentioned that you might want to tune yours Friday before going to the track that night. Just an idea.

Let me know what you guys want to do and I will call him back tomorrow.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:40 PM
Seems to me that tuning before the time at the track is the way to go, so I vote Friday dyno tune & mod meet. Perhaps a bit of spit & polish thrown in for good measure.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:46 PM
I just tried to post over at FocalJet, just in case any of those guys wanted to actually come, and got this...

"The host you are trying to send the input from is not a valid host."
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:50 PM
Seems to me that tuning before the time at the track is the way to go, so I vote Friday dyno tune & mod meet. Perhaps a bit of spit & polish thrown in for good measure.

Sounds like a good plan.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:51 PM
Just got off the phone with Arthur and found out that Saturday is already taken, but don't fret...

He is willing to work with us, so here is what he proposed...

We can do some pulls on Friday and some on Sunday. Or all on Friday or all on Sunday. It is up to us. Whatever we want to do.

He also gave me a web address that we could check out... Trackmasters. You can go to the Dyno sectoin and check out the rates. Hey! If we get more than 10 people, we can get a bigger discount. I don't think that will happen, but oh well. You can also check out the Dyno Charts page to see graphs of runs by other people. I suppose ours will be listed as well.

Hector, as for tuning, you have do whatever you want at $65 - minus doing a engine swap. You are more than welcome to do your own tunning, if you want. Also, since you are wanting to tune, Arthur is the one that mentioned that you might want to tune yours Friday before going to the track that night. Just an idea.

Let me know what you guys want to do and I will call him back tomorrow.

Tuning on Friday sounds good.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/15/04 05:52 PM
K
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 01:59 AM
So... Hector is pulling on Friday afternoon. What about everyone else. If I have some issue's worked out with my car, I will be pulling Friday also. That is if time permits. So who is going to do what. I have to let this guy know something tomorrow. If not, Hector and I will just pull Friday.

So far the list is like this...

Friday....
LoCo tuning @ $65 hr
Me 2 pulls w|A/F $50 (if my car is not falling on it face still!!)

Sunday....
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 02:51 AM
I'll post that on the Jet for ya, Phil. So dyno Friday morning? What time? Are we still on for the drag strip that night? The strip doesn't do open runs on Saturday, IIRC. Then what's the plan for Saturday? Day trip to Deal's Gap?
Posted By: ToMMyKnocKeR Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
I'll post that on the Jet for ya, Phil. So dyno Friday morning? What time? Are we still on for the drag strip that night? The strip doesn't do open runs on Saturday, IIRC. Then what's the plan for Saturday? Day trip to Deal's Gap?

no, Friday afternoon!!!!!!!!

Friday afternoon
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 04:02 AM

no, Friday afternoon!!!!!!!!

Friday afternoon

Yeah I figured it would take place Friday afternoon, because I had no idea what time everyone is thinking about making it in. I know that I am going to either take off work that day or at the very least have a lite day. That way we can get there earlier than last time.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 04:11 AM
Okey, I'll go fix it...
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 01:51 PM
So... Hector is pulling on Friday afternoon. What about everyone else. If I have some issue's worked out with my car, I will be pulling Friday also. That is if time permits. So who is going to do what. I have to let this guy know something tomorrow. If not, Hector and I will just pull Friday.

Friday....
LoCo tuning @ $65 hr

Sunday....

If I can get somebody to tune & adjust my A/F, I'll do some pulls.

I'm looking to run lean under 3000 rpm, then be approaching full rich by 4500. That way, I'll get economy on the highway & power when I demand it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/16/04 05:55 PM

Friday....
LoCo tuning @ $65 hr

Sunday....

I'm looking to run lean under 3000 rpm, then be approaching full rich by 4500. That way, I'll get economy on the highway & power when I demand it.

I'm tuning mine through the adjustable cam gears.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/17/04 12:43 AM
Come on guys!!! My car isn't even running right and I haven't backed out, yet! You haven't even got here yet and you can't even let me know that you wont be able to do this???

No! I did not call Arthur today, just because noone posted other than Hector. There was 9 people listed and only two are now interested. That would be one other than myself.

I tried calling Rich two times last night, but have not heard back from him. I figure he was at work, but...

Joe, I know you let me know earlier that you might not have enough miles on your new clutch. Do you think after being in HSV all next week that you might have enough miles on it.

The NECO guy, from HSV, had to back out since his car is not ready and still in the shop getting a new engine.

Thinkfast from F/J still has not confirmed anything one way or another. He is still a might. He also has not voiced if he wanted us to get him a room either, so...

Tired from F/J will not be making the meet.

Amanda - Haven't called her.

Thats everyone!

Hector... I tell ya what. I will pay the extra $10 difference if no one will step up to the plate, since I am the one that suggested doing this and took the initiative to work this out. No, the times didn't stay the same, but I don't think that is a big issue since we will be there all freaking weekend.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/17/04 04:06 AM
I was pumped to hear about dyno time when it was first brought up. But then when I read a post that said the dyno guy won't do any tuning for our Contours, I lost interest. It'd be nice to know what my fuel curve looks like, but if I can't have it adjusted & optimized then all I get out of dyno time is a pretty graph.

Get somebody to tune, and I'll step up to the plate.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/17/04 06:35 AM
Phil-I am still too poor to do any pulls.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/18/04 12:41 AM

Get somebody to tune, and I'll step up to the plate.

Well, he said he would, but just wanted us all to know that he is not that up-to-speed with our cars nor our engines. Remember, this is a Honda guy, so... not putting him down, but he is just more comfortable tuning a Honda rather than a Zetec or Duratec.

Also - and I might be totally wrong, so someone correct me if I am - The tuning that you are looking for, Tourdeforce, would possibly require a reflashing of your chip to make happen. You would make some runs to get a baseline, they would then hook up something similar to a Tweecer (just not as suffisticated to install nor as permanent) and make some adjustments driectly to your ECM. Make another run and see how it turned out. Continue doing this, until you are happy. Then, take that information and reburn your chip with those new instruction maps. And as far as what you are looking for, that might only be occomplished through some sort of varible timing. That can only be accomplished through either a controler or variable timing gears, which are not avalible for the Duratecs.

Now... with all that said, again, I might be totally wrong. If you would want to talk to Arthur more about it, then I can give you his number and you guys might be able to work something out. Who knows, because no one knows what they want more than you. Get what I'm try to say? You might be able to explain it to him and he understand exactly what you want and how to do. And if he doesn't he can either tell you that he can't or tell you that he will find out how or find someone to help him that can. Just to get your business. You see?

Man I hope I was able to explain that without sounding like I was not blowing you off. I'm not. Just wanted to make that point, that he may or may not be able to do what you want.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/18/04 03:08 PM
Quote:

That is what I'm lookin' for. Some simple adjustments to my A/F. If you think he could do that without any problem, then put me down for some pulls.

I'll take the generic timing and shift points that are currently burned in my chip, so he won't have to worry about all that peripheral stuff.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/19/04 07:13 PM
Quote:

That is what I'm lookin' for. Some simple adjustments to my A/F. If you think he could do that without any problem, then put me down for some pulls.

I'll take the generic timing and shift points that are currently burned in my chip, so he won't have to worry about all that peripheral stuff.

You can't tune your car unless you have a chip or AFC........
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/19/04 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LoCo:
Quote:

Well he has the chip, that is why I meantioned that he would have to get it reburned and I am not sure if this place can reburn Superchips.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/21/04 08:12 AM
Quote:

Well he has the chip, that is why I meantioned that he would have to get it reburned and I am not sure if this place can reburn Superchips.

Pappy! I will call Arthur Monday and talk to him about your situation and let him know that you have a superchip. That way we will be able to find out how much a reflash will cost ya.

So far though, going by this... Our prices will be normal charges. Hector will be looking at $65 for his first hour and $75 an hour after that (I have offered to pay in $10 since everyone backed out on us). Tour is looking at $75 an hour tuning and I am looking at $50 for a few pulls with Air & Fuel mixture readings.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/22/04 01:32 PM
Quote:

Pappy! I will call Arthur Monday and talk to him about your situation and let him know that you have a superchip. That way we will be able to find out how much a reflash will cost ya.

So far though, going by this... Our prices will be normal charges. Hector will be looking at $65 for his first hour and $75 an hour after that (I have offered to pay in $10 since everyone backed out on us). Tour is looking at $75 an hour tuning and I am looking at $50 for a few pulls with Air & Fuel mixture readings.

Cool......Thanks again. This might be all in vain though.....may have cams in the near future (after this meet).
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/22/04 03:48 PM
Thanks for you help guys. The dyno thing is lookin a bit weak at this point, but if I can get some A/F adjustments, I'll be in.

My wife & I plan to take off from West Palm on Thursday night & arrive in Huntsville on Friday afternoon. I'm gonna need some directions to get around town, so if you guys could provide me with some addresses and rough directions, I'll study the mapsonus.com map of HSV to get where I'll need to be.

Where are we all planning to meet? Clue me in on that too, & somebody give me a phone number for one of you. If I'm running late or whatnot I can let you know & you can get on with your plans for the weekend. I can still catch up later.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/23/04 06:43 PM
Where are we all planning to meet? Clue me in on that too, & somebody give me a phone number for one of you. If I'm running late or whatnot I can let you know & you can get on with your plans for the weekend. I can still catch up later.

Yeah, when do ya'll want to meet and where?

We will be leaving the Vegas at about 2 our time, so we'll be in HSV about 3 your time. What time is dyno time? Should we go to the hotel and check in first?

My selluler fone number is (423) 838-0102
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/23/04 07:57 PM

Yeah, when do ya'll want to meet and where?

We will be leaving the Vegas at about 2 our time, so we'll be in HSV about 3 your time. What time is dyno time? Should we go to the hotel and check in first?

My selluler fone number is (423) 838-0102

The dyno guys on Friday will be 'bout done by that time. I haven't heard anything back about A/F adjustments, so I recon I'll skip it.

I'm expecting to roll in around 3-4 pm. Checking in at the hotel sounds like a good idea, there'll be places to sit down in the lobby & rooms, and we can unload before all the night time fun begins.

So let's put together an itinerary.

Is this the way things are planned at this point??:
-Dyno on Friday
-Saturday modding & runs through the hills
-Saturday night at the track
-Sunday repairs & b'-bye.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/23/04 10:47 PM

-Dyno on Friday

Repairs! LMAO!

Forgot Drag racing Friday Night.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 12:03 AM

-Dyno on Friday

Repairs! LMAO!

Forgot Drag racing Friday Night.

Ok, so the ammended sequence of events is:

-Dyno on Friday
-Friday night at the track (Could be rough after driving from Florida. My reflexes will be shot)
-Sunday repairs (I'll bring my tools) & b'-bye.

EDIT:

I was hunting for the Hotel address & this is what was posted in other forums. Perhaps we should follow the published plan or inform the other forums of any changes:

Friday March 26: Huntsville Dragway 1/8th mile track
Saturday March 27: Dyno time at 10am at Trackmasters (yes it's a Dyno Jet dyno)
Sunday March 28: fond farewells; as a lot will likely be in a drunken stupor :grouphug;
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 12:46 AM
Phil took care of the dyno update on NECO and I posted two different threads on Focal Jet. We're covered.

Reflexes shmeflexes. Making excuses already, eh?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 12:50 AM
Phil took care of the dyno update on NECO and I posted two different threads on Focal Jet. We're covered.

Reflexes shmeflexes. Making excuses already, eh?

Talkin' smack & I don't even know you... I'm gonna shine my rear bumper & trunk lid real good so you have something nice to look at as we go down the track.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 12:58 AM
That's only if we don't line up. That reminds me, I need to paint my rear chrome strip. Tell me whatcha think, k?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 01:28 AM
That's only if we don't line up. That reminds me, I need to paint my rear chrome strip. Tell me whatcha think, k?

many I whsh I could make it so you little ATX duratec's could tell me how my exaust sounds from behind
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 03:01 AM

many I whsh I could make it so you little ATX duratec's could tell me how my exaust sounds from behind

Well, even if you did show... we still wouldn't be able to tell ya because all us "ATX Duratecs" would scare your little MTX Zetec so bad, you wouldn't even line up!

Had to do it...

Hey guys and sorry for posting sooner, but I have had a wicked head cold since for the past few days and it has really put me down. I'm feeling a little better right now, but that might have something to do with the fact that I have drank half a bottle of Nyquil today, but oh well.

I have not been able to call Arthur, since I have been in the bed, but I will call him in the morning to verify the times. One question though, that I still haven't gotten answered from the last time, "What time do we want to dyno Hector?". I will have to do it in the afternoon, since I will have to work Friday morning. I was going to take Friday off, but since I have been sick I have missed the last two days and all hell is breaking loose at work and I will have my hands full trying to catch up.

I know my tranny is having prob's, but I will be pulling anyway. I might not be racing, but I will defently be pulling. I can put it in second and Vroom!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 03:24 AM

Well, even if you did show... we still wouldn't be able to tell ya because all us "ATX Duratecs" would scare your little MTX Zetec so bad, you wouldn't even line up!

and where was my little Zetec at on moores mill road the night we were trying to hunt down amanda??? I know where you duratec was........ way way way off in the distance I could hardly see you...... In my rear view mirror

ooh and YES I had to remind you of that
Posted By: ToMMyKnocKeR Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 03:59 AM
all I have to say is you guys better be glad that I still have some break in miles to do on my new clutch or else I would smoke all your a$$es........

haaa the woman has spoke....
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 06:33 PM

Had to do it...

Hey guys and sorry for posting sooner, but I have had a wicked head cold since for the past few days and it has really put me down. I'm feeling a little better right now, but that might have something to do with the fact that I have drank half a bottle of Nyquil today, but oh well.

I have not been able to call Arthur, since I have been in the bed, but I will call him in the morning to verify the times. One question though, that I still haven't gotten answered from the last time, "What time do we want to dyno Hector?". I will have to do it in the afternoon, since I will have to work Friday morning. I was going to take Friday off, but since I have been sick I have missed the last two days and all hell is breaking loose at work and I will have my hands full trying to catch up.

I know my tranny is having prob's, but I will be pulling anyway. I might not be racing, but I will defently be pulling. I can put it in second and Vroom!

Well I will be in Huntsville in the morning.....so whenever you get there we can roll....maybe around 4pm so the rest of the CEGers can come and hang.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/24/04 10:48 PM
Well I will be in Huntsville in the morning.....so whenever you get there we can roll....maybe around 4pm so the rest of the CEGers can come and hang.

Ok hector, you and I are set for Friday afternoon at 4PM. I will go first, since you are tuning and then you.

Tour, I asked about what you wanted and he said that they could not reprogram your type of chip there in house. He also confirmed that you would either have to have your chip reflashed, with the information gathered from the run, or get an external controller. Sorry.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/25/04 02:15 AM
Well hey hey hey now! If ya'll are getting started at 4, we might be able to make it! We're planning on leaving the Vegas at about 2 our time, so we should hit the HSV no later than 3 your time. Are you guys gonna meet at the hotel and then go over to Track Masters?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/25/04 02:22 AM
Yep!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno Time in HSV!! *UPDATE!* - 03/25/04 06:53 AM
Yep!

I'm getting excited!
© CEG Archives