Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/24/03 03:45 AM
Alrigth sarting a new post and a fresh list.

1) Me - FLCEGkid - Chris Bertrand - Registered
2).....
3).....

And we need to start a list of the people whoa re meeting up to convoy down. I knwo the out-of-towners cant realy meet up but we jax people still can.

Come on people, we have 3 WEEKS! This meet is coming up fast. We dont need to have a bust like we normaly do.

CHRIS

P.S. Everyone get there info pm'd to andre so we can get in contact with you if your not online.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/24/03 05:02 AM
mee if i am still here.
Posted By: Fordinary Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/24/03 10:42 PM
im not registering but ill be there to look on...

im having cat issues right now.. i dont know if i'll have them fixed by then though.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/25/03 05:12 PM
im going. i dont think we will have the new tour. the first shipping company we were using were a** holes so we told them to forget it. new company = not here in time. i wont even get to see it before i go back to school .

anyway, im not showing anything but ill be there to check things out. i can meet up with you by I-75 if you want (in ocala). let me know.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/25/03 09:32 PM
I'll be showing even though my car is not worth showing, I was hooking subs back up today and realized having no back seat and it being full of dirt and stuff is ugly. I got so many things to do, I don't think my car will be "show ready" by then, but I'll still show it for the heck of it. I'd like to meet up along I-75 before the show, especially with others bringin their 'tours so we can have a small caravan.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/25/03 09:36 PM
Sounds like my car. I am going to order my rims on thursday night so they will be here quicker. I need to cover my trunk so it isnt just bare wood. And i need to cleen my engine bay, very very dirty.

Are you coming down on I-75? If so , you would have to meet us early, i believe andres dads club is a early, quick moving group.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/26/03 02:22 AM
Bare wood? How bout bare metal.
And his club is meeting up in j-ville first, so probably by the time they make it to ocala, I'd be there as well, so if they'd be willing to stop in ocala before rolling into silver springs, that would be great.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/27/03 01:35 AM
so we have:

1. Me
2. FLCEGkid
3. Kremithefrog
4. Cruzn
5. Drerok???? (im assuming youre still in)
6. Chattavegas??? (wasnt he thinking of going?)

what about the tampa and orlando guys, where you at fools?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/27/03 04:45 AM
3.+another car (friend with stang) comin down with me

6.Eric still plans on coming, just he'll be getting there later than the rest of us and not showing his car.
Posted By: Fordinary Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/27/03 04:28 PM
not to jack this thread but i have some car trouble right now, can anyone take a look and give me a few pointers

Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/27/03 10:45 PM
I'll try to get the day off that's no problem it's explaining to my wife why i need to drive down to ocala, there in lies the problem. i'll keep you guys posted.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/27/03 10:59 PM
Lol, hope you can persuade her.

Car sounded great the other day when i saw you Ian, kinda raspy but still sounded sweet.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/29/03 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
6.Eric still plans on coming, just he'll be getting there later than the rest of us and not showing his car.

Geez, I don't even need to post anymore!

6. Eric (chattavegasSE0 + woman, not showing, but attending, we'll get down there later Saturday afternoon and stay though Tuesday.

Kremi-don't forget that 8"; and what did I say I'd trade you for it? I already forgot.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/29/03 06:30 PM
Aww right, giggity giggity goo! We're staying at the Days Inn on Blitchton Road in Ocala for 3 nights. Dope-a-delic.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/30/03 05:46 AM
Yeah, I'll bring the 8",,, just bring the MAF, for the Zetec, otherwise I'll just take the one of your car and see how well it works on my car. I don't have a single day from now to then that I don't work, go to skool, or do both, so my car may still not be looking the way I had planned it too, but oo well, it's just a contour.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/30/03 03:09 PM
OH YEAH! Now I remember. Yeah, I'll bring it, thanks for reminding me. Stupid brain. I'll also bring my 03 RSX if anyone wants to play with it. I got one of those X Mods RC cars for Christmas and it's evil fast, with the stage 2 motors and AWD. My toy car is faster than my real car.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 12/31/03 03:13 AM
well registration ends for this show Jan. 1st if you want to get in for free.!! hope that everyone has already well see you there. jacksonville will be having a big caravan with the jacksonville mustang club. I will try to get some "contour.org" stickers made up before we head out.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/01/04 03:15 PM
Well i dont think i will have enought to get my rims in time for the show, bank screwed me over so when i my check goes in tonight it will have to cover teh overdrafts.

So i guess i can use the money to do some other things to get teh car ready.

This bites.

we got 9 days folks, hope you'll are ready.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/02/04 01:34 AM
OK , andre , what time is your dads group meeting up? Need to know so i know where and when to be there.

Got a 10 disc cd changer for the car(big whoop), couldnt get the rims so i am doing some little mods and maintinace before i go down so the car will run better.

Lookin forward to havin a lil fun on the highway, except for around lawtey, waldo and such, big nono.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/03/04 06:58 AM
ok almost one week away, im gettin; excited!
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/03/04 02:37 PM
well for those of you who have not registered...IT's OVER!! so we'll see who show up.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/03/04 04:05 PM
Jacksonville: We are meeting at the Hardee's on Normandy it is at the corner of Fouraker and Normandy. We will meet here at 6:30, have breakfast and leave at 7:00am. Please have your tank already filled with gas.

See you there!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/04/04 12:33 AM
Sounds sweet. Ill be there. Hopefully i can get my girl to come along, gotta find something to do while we're down there you know . Im sure we can pass the time nicely.

Ah the gracious week before a show, all hell normaly breaks loose. Im gonna do some maintinece this week beofer so i have a "reliable" car to make it down there.

Checklist:
oil/filter change
coolant flush
get front tires balanced and aligned, agian!
got vaccuuming
Wash it about threee times
Wash it a lil before i go

Not to bad
Posted By: onezx2ner Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/04/04 02:08 AM
Whats sup guys? Zx2ner here ill be at the show more than likely both days, but definetly sat. Hope i can get a chance to talk to some of you. I dont know if any teamzx2 peeps will be there. They all make up excuses about going to shows.

Of course i live in ocala so i guess ill just meet you guys at the show. Z wont be in it i have it torn apart for my projects
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/04/04 02:14 AM
Yea i posted a couple times over on the zx2 board. Hope we have some kind of turn out from you guys.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/04/04 06:01 AM
I posted over on focaljet but never got a response.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/04/04 06:50 PM
yeah i think i did to, i saw your post, it was in the northern fl board not central where the meet is at.

Here is the link, andre posted in it yesterday
focaljet
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 04:05 AM
I posted in the "SR" forum (north FL, georgia, rest of SE) because I'm from georgia and I'm going and Eric's from Tennessee figured some foci owners from rest of SE might have been interested too, but I guess not.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 08:52 PM
Nope, don't you remember all the FJ drama back in the day when all of Team SR (SE FJ) lived in ATL and didn't want to do anything outside of ATL. Then they tried to take credit for my meet. A$$holes. Someone pointed out it was initially a CEG meet:

Quote:

Who ever planned it did a bad job anyway

I don't post there anymore, ya know why?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 09:27 PM
I sent my phone number to Andre. I need ya'll's numbers so we can meet up at the show.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 09:46 PM
my new # 904-910-4795
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 10:24 PM
I don't post much on focaljet so I didn't know about all that. I do know that some of them aren't the coolest people (from the ATL meet). I'll PM you my number, no idea if it'll work down there. Are you gonna make up a list for everyone?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 10:38 PM
I thought Andre was doin that? (making a list) I'll store everybody's number in my phone that posts or sends it to me.

So I've got:
FLCEGKid
Kremithefrog
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 11:01 PM
well since i live here, im just gonna meet ya'll there. if you still want my phone number, ill pm it to you. we dont get the new contour till this monday so i cant caravan anyway.

ill be sportin some of my ceg clothing, so look for me. or ill just hang out near the contours in the show till i find you guys
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/05/04 11:15 PM
I too will sport some CEG garb. I'll bring all my shirts so I can wear a different color CEG shirt everyday I'm down there!
Posted By: fazzman2000_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/06/04 02:18 AM
If you guys are interested. Me and the focaljetters are going to be meeting up at around 8:30 at the dennys across the street from registration. Roll out about 9, beat the rush and get a group parked together.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/06/04 02:47 AM
We hope to make it down there by 9am, so if we see a group anywhere in the area, we'll probably get with ya'll if not, I'll just see ya'll there.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/06/04 07:31 AM
hmm, maybe ill just go to dennys. mmmmmmm, dennys
Posted By: Fordinary Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/06/04 03:21 PM
update on my car ( in case anyone cared)

turns out all i needed was plugs and wires.. heh

it runs great now.. about meeting up on the westside on normandy.. hmm i'll need directions.. im on the southside..

hit me up in pm, and i'll drop my number ..

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/06/04 05:06 PM
Glad yours is running right! I changed my wires a while ago and it's a whole 'nuther car! I'm gonna do the plugs this week, since I'm off almost all week. I got a damn filling this morning, so I'm off to bed now. No car stuff today.
Posted By: onezx2ner Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/07/04 03:59 AM
Alright well i hope to meet some of you guys there. I know a guy from jville with a svt contour cant remember his name, hes freinds with a zx2ner named Noah(drives a green zx2 with 17's a black frontbumper b/c he got in a wreck).

If i see his face ill remember him. If there is a zx2 there i sure dont know about it posted another thing about people going on the site only 2 responses and was im out and the toher was from a focus guy.

Damn lazy zx2ners

See ya there
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/07/04 04:53 AM
After the show, did anyone want to meet up? More people than I thought are coming down with me (most likely) and they'll probably spend the night, but I can't (mom) though we could meet up and have dinner or something after the show. Though I guess we can decide all that when we get there. Any locals want to suggest a place to eat?
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/07/04 11:28 AM
Hey so any ideas on another J-ville meet? I'm off every other weekend so lets do something already! PS: Andre you should have got my email with my contact info----let me know.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/07/04 05:04 PM
yeah i got everything. I will be trying to plan a big north florida/GA meet sometime. If we do something I want to do something bi and make sure everyone can make it this time. NO EXCUSES people!! haa²!! But yeah. we'll give it about a month and see what comes up.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 03:22 AM
My friend accidentally put kerosene in his stang today, but it's running now,,, though if it's not 100% (or atleast 90%) good by saturday, he won't be showing and they'll just ride down in the srt4 (with the obnxiously loud RFL BOV). Got my car cleaned up a little today and will work on it more friday, got somebody to take my shift at work. The interior is still mainly in my house, not in the car. Don't forget the MAF, Eric.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 04:29 AM
i guess im the only local going (maybe one other?) so i can find us a place to eat then or now. there is a steak and shake about a 1/2 mile down the road, or if you want more than that, there is long horn, hops, olive garden, roadhouse, ale house, all kinds of stuff, ill lead the way. depends what your looking for.

ive always wanted to hear a rfl bov
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 04:45 AM
Then hope for the stang to not be running good. Though he really wants to bring the stang, and the srt4 owner really doesn't want to put miles on the srt4. It's really loud, loudest BOV I've heard. Though it doesn't exactly sound good, has a sorta ringing after the normal expected sounded. But it's funny to drive by unsuspecting people and see them jump when it opens up.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Don't forget the MAF, Eric.

I got it! I cleaned up my garage today and found it; so I'm good to go. We're staying at the Comfort Inn on Blitchton Road right off 75, so hopefully I won't get lost. A big dinner would be cool. What's around the park that we could invade?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 06:26 AM
a super wal- mart and the ocala national forest. its right on the edge of town. . .
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 07:32 AM
hey Andre.....how much did those sweet seats set you back? If u dont mind me asking............i'd love to get some for mine
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 07:51 PM
$800 from dean joyce. Includes belts seats and brackets, not sure if it includes the shipping to but i believe it does.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 09:26 PM
Mine cost $800 shipped with brackets and one harness. It depends on what seats you get and where you live on exactly how much it'll cost though. Also that was back during the GB.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 10:00 PM
My car came with seats. You guys should really buy cars from dealers. I don't know where you're getting cars that don't come with seats.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 10:01 PM
lol, good one!
Posted By: fazzman2000_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 10:10 PM
Dress warm! The high on saturday in ocala is only 59!!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 10:12 PM
That's 20 higher than ours! I can't wait! I'magunna bust out the shorts hardcore! Damn, it'll be wicked hot...

I think it's supposed to snow Friday or Saturday up here. Hopefully we can get out of town before the idiots that can't drive jack up the roads.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/08/04 10:16 PM
shorts here to

looks like my girl wont be with me, dam. gotta bring some dvds to pass the time.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/09/04 07:31 PM
tomorrow!!! [knocks on wood] looks like we are going to have decent attendance
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/09/04 07:50 PM
im ready , i am doing my oil change in a lil bit then i am good to go
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/09/04 09:05 PM
It's been in the low 30's for the past week. Weekend before last, it was ~60 and I was sweating everytime I went outside, so even though it's not wicked hot; the difference will be so much that it'll feel hot. Well, to us northerners anyway. I CAN'T WAIT!! But now I have to go to a damn wedding tonight; otherwise we'd already be down there.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/10/04 02:04 AM
weather report

high of 56, partly cloudy with 10 % chance of rain.

So it sounds like weather for shorts to me, but i dunno yet.

All you out-of-staters coming, watch out for the florida jackass's, its rained for the last day or so and their out.

Be safe people!

See everyone there, Ill be the one with all the ceg shirts.
Posted By: SVTJ0E Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/10/04 03:23 AM
Hey I will go, I moved to Orlando a few months ago and havnt see anyone off the CEG down here. Let me know.
Aim is SVTJOE..
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/11/04 01:31 AM
Well since my computer is being a ass, i cant not post pics. Not a bad overall turnout but it was only myself, andre , and kremit, Kingpin came by and fazmmz.. had his supercharged focus out there. So there was only four of us showing. Day didnt start off good, andre hit a root as i was following him in , and syanara from lip on the bumper, cracked, came off and i almost ran it over. realy sad thng to watch happen. Got some pics but like i said my computer is being a ass, ill see what i can do.

P.S. the weather sucked, soem of the time was spent sitting in the car playing video games with the heater on. It was cloudy all day, light drizzle and i dont think it got over 45 degrees.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/11/04 04:16 AM
Yeah the weather sucked, it went from cold to colder. Still was a pretty good show I reckon. Though the drive took longer than I thought it would, I don't think mapquest gave me the best route to get to I-75. It was cool meeting ya'll that came. Eric,, waz up man? We left around 3:30,, I never got your cell number so I couldn't call you. Sucks we didn't get to meet up this time around. I'm going to bed now, only got about an hour's sleep last nite and drove nearly 8 hours today, I'm pretty drained.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/11/04 07:20 AM
yeah too bad the weather wasnt better, but that was a pretty cool show. i enjoyed meeting you though i couldnt stay long. my dad was on call this weekend and he got called to go into the hospital so we had to run. i was hoping to get a round or 2 of NFSU on the ps

i got a few pretty good pics, i still cant believe what happened to andre. im going to try to find a place to host them.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/13/04 02:57 AM
Yeah sorry I missed ya'll Saturday, I had a lil adventure on the way down. On 285 going around ATL, I blew a tire, so I spent most of the morning limping to shops trying to find a new one. Scary stuff changing a wheel on 285, 28 degrees, big rigs doing 90+ less than a foot away. Anyway, I finally got to NTB on Mt Zion and got a Yokohama A550V tire and had 'em smack that puppy on. I should have taken pics of the blown Kumho; I did a good job. I wound up sleeping in Gainesville and went to Ocala on Sunday. I called Andre (sorry bout the bumper) and he said most or all of ya'll had already left so I left, too. I went and cruised Daytona Beach; looking for GGW scenes. I stayed in St. Augustine and went to the Gator Farm this morning before coming home.

Road trip report: 1200 miles in 3 days.

OH! I 'bout forgot! In Daytona, I passed a silver SVT that was lowered with some big ass wheels on it. I turned around to try and chase it down, but I couldn't find it; there was too much traffic. Is that anyone from here? It was Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Post For Ocala Meet - 01/13/04 05:18 AM
I worried that something happened to you, glad it was only a tire.
© CEG Archives