Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: drerok_dup1 St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/22/03 02:04 AM

***PICNIC/MEET INFO***

WHAT: Contique Picnic and Meet
WHERE: St. Augustine, FL @ Anastasia State Park
WHEN: August 10, 2003 Sunday
TIME: 1 o'clock PM (1:00pm)
WHY: EAT MEET FUN PICTURES SWIM EAT MEET etc...

This is NO JOKE. Everyone please save the date. This meet is going to be a picnic. Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine has some great picnic areas with grills. Everyone please post what you WILL be bringing to the picnic and STICK TO IT!! Here is a list of what a good picnic is going to need + anything else you may feel necessary.

+Charcoal
+Lighter Fluid
+Atleast 3 packs of BUBBA Burgers
+Atleast 3 packs of Beef Franks (dogs)
+Mustard Ketchup Mayo
+Onions Lettuce Tomattoes
+Cheese
+Burger Buns
+Hot Dog Buns
+Cooler of CAN drinks w/lots of ICE
+Atleast 3 12packs (assorted flavors)
+*NO 2Lliters Unless someone is willing to bring CUPS
+Extra fold out chairs with your name on it
+Potato Chips a couple different flavors (Big Bags please)
+Chip Dip if you want
+Paper Plates and Napkins
+Chicken Wings Mild & Hot
+Sandwiches/Subs
+Brownies/Cookies
+Etc.Misc. anything else.

Everyone please pick what you WILL bring and stick to it. Also let me know what things you will be adding if any. Please bring your girlfirends or boyfriends, wives or husbands, friends and family. Please state how many people are coming with you. NOTE: The amount of post and people should give everyone an idea of how much food we need.

REMINDER: Please bring a clean Contique for great pictures. After the picnic, we can all drive about 10 mins. to Oasis and take pics ON the beach. All that can be figured out later.

***PICNIC/MEET INFO***

WHAT: Contique Picnic and Meet
WHERE: St. Augustine, FL @ Anastasia State Park
WHEN: August 10, 2003 Sunday
TIME: 1 o'clock PM (1:00pm)
WHY: EAT MEET FUN PICTURES SWIM EAT MEET etc...

Admission into park is somewhere around $2-$5 per car. Also there is a fee to drive on the beach at Oasis. I think it's like $5.

****BRING SWIMMING CLOTHES!! Yes there will be swimming****
(If ya'll want just in-case!!)

Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/22/03 03:12 PM

The red star indicates Anastasia Park Rd. you guys can look up that road and find its surrounding areas and hopefully get there better and easier.

That road is the main and only entrance into the park. Go to www.mapquest.com for more help in finding your way.

Don't forget to RSVP by PM or E-mail @ drerok@nismo.org
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/25/03 06:35 AM
Man there seems to be very little interest in this. I was disappointed when the last one didnt work out cause of the weather. This meet sounds like a lot of fun. I cant say that I can go for sure, due to the fact that one of my college buds is coming here on the 5th to make the drive back to CO with me. I dont see why he wouldnt want to go to the beach (actually I know he will) but I dont want to make promises I dont keep.

Long story short, I want to go and put me down as a possible. I hope this works out for everyone. . .
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/25/03 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Kingpin:

Long story short, I want to go and put me down as a possible. I hope this works out for everyone. . .

Thanx for your interest man!
I hope it works out. This is gonna be a lot different than before. C'mon people!!
Posted By: NavSVT_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/25/03 05:56 PM
Sounds great, havn't been to the beach in a while... I'm tenatively in will have to check work schedule closer to event to commit to what I will bring.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/25/03 06:00 PM
hey and maybe ill finally get to see drerok's car before i move!
Posted By: egrau Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/25/03 11:36 PM
Dmn! That sux, i just moved away from Jax and bought an SVT. I lived in orange park my entire life. I am coming home for vacation aug1- aug 5. if it were in that time period i would love to be there, cuz i am dying to see drerocks car, and it sounds like alotta fun. oh well sorry guys.

have fun tho
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/26/03 12:28 AM
Im trying to make this meet since i couldnt make the last. BUt my car is in surgery right now having a brain and nerveses system replaced. Any jville people wanna come help tomorrow in the surgery can come by and try to help me and my dad. Pm for instructions. Any help would be realy appreciated.

If the surgery fails i may have to bum a ride.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/26/03 08:56 AM
man if you can go, car or not, you should. the more people the better
Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/27/03 05:08 PM
I might come out there i'll check back closer to the date to see all who going.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/27/03 08:51 PM
Originally posted by IanX12SVT:
I might come out there i'll check back closer to the date to see all who going.

Hey man! everyone's goin!!
Posted By: NavSVT_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 12:08 AM
looks like i am gonna be off, The only thing that may hold me up is how much of my roof i get done this week. I will keep up on this post and give a definite on thurd evening
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 02:55 AM
Sweet!! sounds good I hope we can get more people out...and i think the weather is gonna be alright!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 02:57 AM
i am working on making it out there, right now my engine is apart tryign to find a bad lifter, so i am having much fun trying to take the thing apart. hopefully i can get it fixed
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 04:27 AM
maybe if I'm lucky i can get that day off of work. I hate working weekends all the time.. I'm kinda new to the Contour scene, but definately want to come.. if i can ge the day off
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 01:34 PM
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
maybe if I'm lucky i can get that day off of work. I hate working weekends all the time.. I'm kinda new to the Contour scene, but definately want to come.. if i can ge the day off

It would be great to see some new faces out there. I hope you can make it out!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/30/03 01:55 PM
yeah i am trying to, kinda sucks working on the car by yourself when you dont actualy know what your looking for.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 07/31/03 11:57 PM
update on my end.... I am not going to be able to make it, at least in my car im not, I need a new engine and my car will be down for awhile. and what do you know schools starts on the 7th, damnit that means i wont be making near as much as i was before to help buy a new one.but i have my eye on one and a trany with it .
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/04/03 12:59 AM
Well it looks like we only got 1 week till this shindig is happening. we'll see who shows up.
Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/05/03 01:14 AM
yo i want to come out for a little bit how's a 12 pack beer i like them green. but i don't know how to get there maybe i can follow some one. hola back.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/05/03 03:44 AM
Originally posted by IanX12SVT:
yo i want to come out for a little bit how's a 12 pack beer i like them green. but i don't know how to get there maybe i can follow some one. hola back.

Yeah Ian I think all the j-ville people can meet at the Avenues in the parking garage and then ride out there...about the beer. some of us are under age. and it's a State Park that we're gonna be at. so there is patrol every now and then.

Everyone keep checkin the post. it's getting closer!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/07/03 03:05 AM
if i make it , i will be bummin a ride with someone, probably stealthwvyvern. car tis almost back to get, can work on it much now that schools starts tomorrow. so i will do some shopping in hopes that i can make it to the meet.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/07/03 02:22 PM
Well here is the list:
I thought we were a lot stronger than this in this area of Florida. Any Geogia peeps coming out??

kingpin - maybe
FLCEGkid - needs a ride/definate
NavSVT - waiting on his roof
crusinmercury - maybe
IanX12SVT - definate
Drerok - definate

Kinda small. but i'll still make it out. well i'll bring like 2 packs of Bubba Burgers.

If someone could bring the buns. condiments. and drinks. i think we can have a decent picnic!!

3 days away...winding down.
Posted By: crusinmercury Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/07/03 03:13 PM
Well guys i'm not going to make it. They are short staffed this weekend so i can't 'request' it off. Maybe next time, ooooo the anticipation
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 01:19 AM
Well sorry guys I wont be able to make it due to the fact of having the only reliable car in the family to take on trips. My autn is going to Alabama. I do got another truck but i dotn trust it even to goto the gas station... hell not even to check the mail. I'll end up pushing it back.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 04:43 AM
OOOhhH Great and then there was 4. not even sure if all those people can make it. so much for trying to plan ahead. maybe contiques aren't cut out for meets! oh well. i'll prolly throw this meet out then. this is crap like always.!!!! blah blah blah. i'll just stick to my car shows. sorry guys. I think the car shows will be our only meets. no strict day for the contiques!! i'll post tons of car shows. whoever comes...comes. well another try gone down the drain!! i'm up for an all FLORIDA MEET. i say Orlando!
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 05:44 AM
I wont be getting my car back tell in the after noon. I dont know what time but if the meet is still going on i can try to find my way out thier via map quest or something.
Posted By: Fordinary Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 01:49 PM
HMMM this looks familiar
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 01:51 PM
LOL
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 03:09 PM
Haaa². oh well i think it's gonna be a nice day on sunday. and i requested off work just for this! so i'm still gonna go to st. augustine. and check out the waves!! i'll prolly be there around 2 at anastasia state park if anyone is still willing to join. my girl and i are gonna have a picnic out there and whoever wants to join join.

since i started it. i'll go.

Sunday August 10...2pm Anastasia State Park, St. Augustine

see you there.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 06:53 PM
well now that its sunday ill be able to go and ill stop by adn pickup flaceg if he wants me to.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/08/03 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Cruzn:
HMMM this looks familiar

HMMMM wherent you supposed to be setting up a meet? Where that thread at? Didnt you say you were going to make this meet, all this time you didnt reply to this thread and then you jump in and say hmm looks familiar...? Whats with that.

Personaly i believe that the problem isnt the people, its the place. For some people st augustine isnt quite the place to meet, because of distance or some other reasons. I try to make meets to the best of my abililty, but sometimes things happen, as with the past two times we have tried to set this meet up , i am stuck at home with no car till i can get it finished. But thats notgonna happen anytime soon since school started yesterday. But i try , as i am sure many people do, i know danny(stealthwyvern) was ready to go unitl his family needed his car, i know many others that dont post on this site that were planning on goin.

I would love to meet because i enjoy them, but the distance is sometimes a factor, now if we could have one here in jax like we did in january, then that would be sweet, we can drive on the beach at huganot park.

BUt hey i feel like andre, our meets rarely ever happen, and when they do, not many show, like the WGV meet/show.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 03:40 PM
Originally posted by drerok:
Well here is the list:
I thought we were a lot stronger than this in this area of Florida. Any Geogia peeps coming out??

kingpin - maybe
FLCEGkid - needs a ride/definate
NavSVT - waiting on his roof
crusinmercury - maybe
IanX12SVT - definate
Drerok - definate

Kinda small. but i'll still make it out. well i'll bring like 2 packs of Bubba Burgers.

If someone could bring the buns. condiments. and drinks. i think we can have a decent picnic!!

3 days away...winding down.

yo drerok you got a pm man.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 04:30 PM
So far so good. all jacksonville people, we are meeting at the Avenues mall inside the parking garage. the Mall is located at the corner of Southside BLVD. and Phillips HWY. from here it is only about a 45min drive to St. Augustine.

HOPEFULLY it doesn't rain!! if it doesn't i'll still be goin out there. my girl and I are prolly gonna go shopping at the Belz Outlet. in st. auggie
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 08:15 PM
OH ITS A MIRACLE!! MY BABY PURRS AGAIN!!!

She is up and running but running a ll sluggish. but hey shes back on the road.

BUt i am not chancin it and taking it out there, i think my brother is going to take me out to the avenues and drop me off out(hes visiting her girl at work) there if i can ride with someone from there to st auggy i will be set.

I guess i will reschedule the loacal that i told the meet didnt sound like it was a go. Kool beans.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 09:08 PM
Hey chris. nice to hear your car is running again. have you talked to cameron and any other SVTs running around jax... where the heck is Ryan?!! he got a new SVT
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 09:25 PM
good man. I guess you wount be changing your mind for me to pic you up for the meet. Will you need a ride back man?
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/09/03 09:51 PM
yeah cameron was who i was referring to in my last post, i talked to him yesterday and told him the meet probably wasnt gonna happen, but now i will try to get ahold of him today. I havent seen ryan since he got the svt.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 06:01 AM
hey chris can you buy like a *small (like a 5oz. bottle or something!!) squeeze bottle of kethcup, mayo and mustard. small cuz i don't think there are too many of us.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 12:54 PM
Anyone still plan on going today beings that its raining and all? Chris wont be able attend the meet. So thats one less person going.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 01:35 PM
Yeah good question. if chris isn't goin then that leaves me and you danny. HAAAA²!!!man. it is kinda ugly outside. i guess we should call it off then.

But for me and my girl. NO food of course. I don't even have my digital camera to take pics anyways!!

I'm still heading out to the avenues and meeting up dan at around 12:45-1pm so whoever can meet there at the avenues mall in the PARKING garge near Dillards and Sears it would be great!
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 01:37 PM
hey man i tried calling you Andre with the number i got from chris. Its not raining now so are you still up? I still am. I jus dont want to drive way in the hell out to the mall and find out nonone is gonna be thier. I mean that is a distance for me.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 01:51 PM
I definately be there at the Mall from about 12:40- 1 pm... so i'll see you there man.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 01:55 PM
Click her for Map Quest map
...you can see the avenues all the way at the bottom. just follow southside blvd. south.

Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 01:59 PM
well Andre and I are both going anyone else? Thxz andre now i knwo where its at.
Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 02:09 PM
the rain sux i guess people did not want to drive that fare out i'll be there at the mall with my cam to take some pic's.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 02:15 PM
cool I look forward to meeting everyone
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 02:47 PM
Sweet i'm glad you can make it out to the mall ian. good thing we'll be in the garage just in case it rains on us!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 03:46 PM
IF youll dont have the meet, anyone wanna youll wanna come to my house and washy your cars, i am bored and would be sweet to have the gang come by.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 04:01 PM
Chris come out real quick to the avenues..!!! just for a little man...we'll be up there at the parking garage!! come bring your car out chris!!

Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 06:24 PM
here are 3 pictures for the peep's that did not make it out.

web page
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET!!!! - 08/10/03 06:37 PM
damnit damnit damnit
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: St. Augustine Picnic MEET pics - 08/10/03 08:20 PM
Here are a few pics that I took of the little meet. web page

Edit: btw sence thiers not really any pic's of my car in any of those. This is for those who want to know what my ride looks like you can see it here. web page
© CEG Archives