Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 01:41 AM
Seems how the notherners have takn over the SE forum i thought i would throw up a southern meet idea. Anybody have any ideas to where youll wanna have a meet. Seems all our meet are over on the WS or in OP so i figured we could try to figure out a meet over this way somewhat. Like on this side of the river!! But to find a place to meet is our next task.Oh yeah a date is another task to be fgured out.

I just wanna have another meet and was seeing if anyone else does.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 02:21 AM
south georgia so i can go.
Can I come?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 06:21 AM
Well how about gainsville?? Or maybe not too far north? Im in Ocala. Georgia is a little to far for me. It would be fun to get together soon, on a weekend of course. Just my .02.

Ok, so I could drive farther north if thats what happens, but Im lazy, try to cut me some slack. . . .
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 12:07 PM
Yeah, I will down in south Georgia and central Florida from Saturday til Tuesday. Well Saturday is out of the questions cause that'll be spent driving to southern Ga for the family reunion and Sunday will be spent driving to central Florida. Monday or Tuesday is good for me though, if anyone wants to meet up that quick. LOL.
Hey Kingpin, if on Sunday, you see a tan 98 Contour with South Carolina plates and Air Force stickers and licnese plate holders on it, that's me. LOL
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 04:03 PM
I think Chris meant to have a meet around the southside area of Jacksonville. Well Chris this one might be tough!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/19/03 09:03 PM
Originally posted by drerok:
I think Chris meant to have a meet around the southside area of Jacksonville:D . Well Chris this one might be tough!

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/20/03 06:08 AM
hey i just thought of a good idea, how about a meet on the beach. . . . say like st augustine (or somewhere closer to all you northern folk, I was just thinking there since its a pretty popular beach). some of you may not be too keen on driving on the beach, but I would and I think it would be pretty fun, not to mention how cool it would be to own a section of the beach with all our cars . I have just had the need lately to go to the beach . let me know what you think.
Originally posted by Kingpin:
hey i just thought of a good idea, how about a meet on the beach. . . . say like st augustine (or somewhere closer to all you northern folk, I was just thinking there since its a pretty popular beach). some of you may not be too keen on driving on the beach, but I would and I think it would be pretty fun, not to mention how cool it would be to own a section of the beach with all our cars . I have just had the need lately to go to the beach . let me know what you think.

Think of the pictures....
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/21/03 12:42 AM
Theres a beach here in Jax (huegnot park) you can drive on. I dont know of a beach in st auggie that you can drive on. I know you can drive on the beach in daytona but i dont know about st auggie. But the beach here in Jax is nice, clean , and well mantain for the most part.

Anybody up for a meet at Huegnot Park then like on a sunday afternoon?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/21/03 05:18 AM
Originally posted by FLCEGkid:
Seems how the notherners have takn over the SE forum i thought i would throw up a southern meet idea.

What? Since we are all SE members, where does this come from? No one told you guys that you could not come to any meets that were planned. I remember us begging people to come to the last HSV/NSV meet and nothing! My wife and I worked our @ss's off booking rooms for everyone, from Chitown, just so they could come. I was begging people to come so that it would make it easier on everyone. Not just them, I wanted everyone that could make it, to come.

Did anyone from FL show? Hell no! So why all the sudden the attitude that ChiTown has taken over our forum? Me and my wife are going to bust our ass to make it to the Nationals. Has anyone from FL said anything about that? Nope! So what they hell should we do? Seperate from each other and create two different divisions, just because some yankees want to come and play with us? I call a fat BS on that one!

We are talking about that right now for the 4th! We are meeting on the 4th and 5th in HSV. What is planned after that, well that is yet to be determended, but I (or anyone else) will be damned that noone is not invited. Everyone is invited and if you guys need a room, just let me know and I will be glad to hook you up with one in HSV at a good rate. Not a problem at all!!!

My point! I have respect for yoy FLCEGKID, I really do. But if you want to have a FL Meet then fine, but don't bash everyone else in the SE because we hang with others. As far as that goes, if it comes to hanging with Hector, Steve, and yes even Joe, you guys can kiss my @ss! I, and everyone else in the SE, will hang with and talk to who we want. Don't Like it, then call a 900 number!

If you don't mind, then we are cool and all is well. I don't want anything bad to come from this. Just have to vent because the point of view really pisses me off!!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/21/03 05:34 AM
Originally posted by unisys12:

As far as that goes, if it comes to hanging with Hector, Steve, and yes even Joe, you guys can kiss my @ss! I, and everyone else in the SE, will hang with and talk to who we want. Don't Like it, then call a 900 number!

Don't speak for us all. I'm not gonna hang with or talk to anyone that I want to unless my mommy says I can.....

j/k
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/21/03 10:12 PM
Originally posted by unisys12:
Seems how the notherners have takn over the SE forum i thought i would throw up a southern meet idea.

What? Since we are all SE members, where does this come from? No one told you guys that you could not come to any meets that were planned.

Did anyone from FL show? Hell no! So why all the sudden the attitude that ChiTown has taken over our forum?

We are talking about that right now for the 4th! We are meeting on the 4th and 5th in HSV.

My point! I have respect for yoy FLCEGKID, I really do. But if you want to have a FL Meet then fine, but don't bash everyone else in the SE because we hang with others. As far as that goes, if it comes to hanging with Hector, Steve, and yes even Joe, you guys can kiss my @ss! I, and everyone else in the SE, will hang with and talk to who we want. Don't Like it, then call a 900 number!

If you don't mind, then we are cool and all is well. I don't want anything bad to come from this. Just have to vent because the point of view really pisses me off!!!!

Damn dude you took this all the wrong way.I was talin about the nothern peeps on in th SE board, i wasnt talking about eople in chitown or anywhere else. I was just trying to get a meet for locals to go to. Yes we all would love to go to a meet for the whole state or area but some arent able to make those.I have seen the nc and sc guys/girls makin lots of meets and thought i would see if any locals wanted to meet.I am in no way bashing anyone else here on the site.

This is all just a misunderstanding!!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/21/03 10:27 PM
This is all just a misunderstanding!!

I am sorry for the misunderstanding and glad that all is
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/22/03 05:20 AM
i hate u all, i want a meet with people just from my city.... ok done just had it. I had a great time. i love that t-red zetec that kremit guy has.
Dude, you're the only CEG'er in your city. Hell, I just had a meet with Seth (RDSVT9801) tonight by accident. His rental SPI ATX Focus sedan can't pull me!
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/22/03 07:06 PM
I'm in Jacksonville so I'm just extremly busy working full time and college full time. plus my stique is falling apart eh oh well everything brakes sooner or later.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/24/03 01:51 AM
OK now that thats settled. Can we set a date, time an place?

Oh yeh i forgot that there is a beach in st. auggie you can drive on called anastasia state park.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/24/03 06:30 AM
how about a week or two so people have time to plan . . . .
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/27/03 03:01 AM
i live in st augustine and you can drive on the beach, it is really nice and packed sand so you wont get stuck and the scenery is really nice....
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/27/03 08:13 AM
yeah st augustine is nice, thats my vote. time/date/location??? anyone? and floridayank, how do those flowmasters sound? i was thinking of putting some in myself. . .
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/28/03 01:03 AM
So now we're shooting for anastia st. park?

My vote for time, date, and location!

time: any
date: 7/12 ( gives penty of time , 2 week actualy)

sound good?

ANd i am finding new svts alot around here so i will try to talk them into joing the club.
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/28/03 10:50 PM
its a bit raspy wyhen its cold without the cats and resonator but it sounds nice when its warm.
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/29/03 03:59 AM
i can put this whole thing together and give everyone directions, but mt only day of is sundays and holidays so let me know what you all want to do.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/29/03 01:58 PM
ok so.........

july 13th?? anybody up for that date? Any sunday is good for me as weel, just later in the day (i.e. after 12).

Come on people
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/29/03 06:05 PM
Yes, I believe July 13 is a great date. Sunday always works for me..I would just need to call it off! I can do an afternoon thing and go to work at 6pm. I will try to grab the other Contour/Mistique people I find along the way to come join us.

OKAY so who is doing the COOKING, who is bringing the cooler full of drinks, the chips, buns, dogs, and BUBBA burgers!???? ((YES WE ONLY ACCEPT BUBA BURGERS)) also cups, plates, napkins, condiments, ICE, Charcoal and lighter fluid too.??? yes we need it all if we want a good meet.

Or are we not eating?

I WANT TO EAT OF COURSE!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/30/03 08:02 AM
OK so the 13th could work. I say, if you want to eat, bring what you want. Im going to eat, but I can bring my own food. The question should be, who is bringing the grill?? Bring what you want, we just need something to cook it on.

so. . . .
what: bad a$$ ceg meet on the beach
where: st augustine
when: july 13 (sunday)
how: by contique of course
who: the question remains, WHO IS DOWN FOR SURE??

i really want to see dreroks car. . . . . . .

i will bring my digital, the pics will be fuggin' SWEET!
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/30/03 01:40 PM
Well here's the deal: we go to Anastasia a lot...they have picnic areas with grills...they won't let you ride on the beach. you can't even get in close with your car...the only place in St. Augustine that will let you ride on the beach is Oasis. It is a couple miles south of Anastasia St. Park.
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/30/03 07:09 PM
we should go out on the beach you can drive on the beach just not at the park. all of our cars would look sick all lined up on the beach and the pictures would be nice too, as far as the grill im sure i can get one. To get on the beach you just keep going on a1a and turn left at the oasis I drive out there alot.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 06/30/03 11:10 PM
ok so are we goig to anastia, or oaisis? rying to get facts straight
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/01/03 08:59 AM
oaisis sounds better. i want to be on the beach. . . .
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/01/03 01:06 PM
If you want to drive on the beach and you have tread on your tires...OASIS it is!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/01/03 02:29 PM
so

What= norhtrn florida meet(or any or foridians that wanna go)
where= oaisis beach
when= 7/13
why= because we to have another meet

here a list of whos "going"
1. FLCEGKID
2. KINGPIN
3. DREROK
4. FLORIDAYANK

Is that it? I amtrying to get stealthy to go. And i still have to talk to the 3 balck svts i see almost everyday.

Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/01/03 09:30 PM
The chances are that i'll be in on the meet if I can find someone to rag alone with. Well the only thing I dont like this is the entire beach, sand and um... bad tires. lol
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/02/03 08:03 AM
is the sand that bad?? Ive been to st auggie before, and it was pretty hard packed where i was. it was around summer house (the condos). im not sure what that part of the beach it was, but thats where i usually go. . . . .

by the way, a little sand isnt going to scare me off. i have new tires AND undercoating, im ready to go
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/02/03 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Kingpin:
is the sand that bad?? Ive been to st auggie before, and it was pretty hard packed where i was. it was around summer house (the condos). im not sure what that part of the beach it was, but thats where i usually go. . . . .

by the way, a little sand isnt going to scare me off. i have new tires AND undercoating, im ready to go

I dont know im used to soem pretty soft beaches but with the added semi bald front tires kinda scare me off unless someone wants to pull me out if i get stuck lol j/k BTW I havnt been to any beaches here in Florida yet so I honestly have no clue as how they compare to the Greek Isles or Californias beaches.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/03/03 03:36 PM
No the sand shouldn't be that bad...we'll just be carefull not to back into the wrong spots when we park. we'll try to stay close to the hard packed sand as we can.!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/03/03 07:41 PM
so

What= norhtrn florida meet(or any or foridians that wanna go)
where= oaisis beach
when= 7/13
why= because we to have another meet

here a list of whos "going"
1. FLCEGKID
2. KINGPIN
3. DREROK
4. FLORIDAYANK

Is that it? I amtrying to get stealthy to go. And i still have to talk to the 3 balck svts i see almost everyday.

5. aother local(cameron from our january meet, one of those 3 mentioned)
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 12:05 AM
So? we have any more things to smooth out , like whos bringing what,what time to be there, meet there or somewhere near so we can al ride together.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 05:24 AM
Good news guys i think I just got my a/c fixed for the frist time that i have owned the car for about 3 or 4 years. I patched a hose up and now it'll freeze ya out.

I also got my tranny fixed. A friend tinkered with it. So now ill be able to go to the meet more then likely! Just depending on if i get this job or not. Now jsut to rotate my tires so i can go onto the beach without having to worry to much.

But on another note I have no idea what,when, and where.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 01:44 PM
I'm hoping that all the Jax people now where the Avenues Mall is at. Off Philip's HWY and at the end of Southside Blvd. well we can all meet there in the parking garage and then drive down to the beach.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 01:53 PM
sounds good to me
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 02:10 PM
lol nope sorry cant say that I know where it is at. but give me a adress or something and ill try to pull it up off of mapquest or something.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/06/03 02:27 PM
mapquest

^^click the link

Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/09/03 01:51 AM
ALight people we slackin!! Only 5 days left. Whos bringing what? I need to know so i can go buy some stuff saturday for sunday. And what time do we oficcaly want to be at Oasis? What time we planning wrappin it up?

What time do jville people want to meet at the avenues?

we ned to get some organization goin here people!!
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/09/03 06:19 PM
Hey FlCEGKID I cant get that grill that i was talking about earlier. It was stolen a few days ago off the porch. So thier goes that idea. Anyone other ideas?
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/10/03 01:44 PM
Hey guys I'm not gonna be able to make it out. My forgot I was planning on leaving my car up on the lift until next weekend. I'm getting the wheels powdercoated. and prolly the two weeks after that I will be getting the UIM powdercoated. Sorry everyone I didn't realize my car was still gonna be in the air.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/10/03 08:43 PM
Is it the fact that you dont have a car or you just cant go? If its because you dont have a car, Ill come pick ya up. No prob.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/11/03 07:58 AM
damn i am dying to see that car in person! everytime i think im going to get to see it something else is wrong. wtf!?!?

somebody post specific times and stuff so i can tell my parents im going. . .
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/11/03 11:09 AM
I say 2:00 - 2:30. jville people meet at the avenue at 1.

Come on Ande you have to go, i dont know exactly where it is and i could use some help.
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/11/03 02:08 PM
We'll see cuz they freakin gave me a morning shift at work...and i'm still trying to work it out...if i can go i will have my stock wheels on...haa²!!! I'm tryin!!
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/11/03 07:59 PM
2 sounds good 2 me.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/11/03 09:52 PM
I got bad news guys I might not have my car due to the fact my family needs to bum it to take a trip to Texas with it beings tha it has a/c and all. But however the chances are that ill be thier just not in my stique
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/12/03 12:09 AM
flceg kid, i pm'd you my cell number. if you could send yours i will get in touch with you sometime tonight or tomorrow. if i can get in touch with someone in the group i will be going.

please tell me people are going to go, if i drive a couple of hours for nothing, man ill be upset. . . but ill still take pics of my newly washed svt on the beach on rub them in your faces, then ill go home
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/12/03 06:32 AM
ok so its 230 in the morning and i have gotten no numbers. i will be waking up kinda early and if i dont have any numbers or confermation by then im not going to drive up all that way. if someone in the main group will pm me their number i will call them to see what is up. otherwise, im not going to drive all that way wondering if i will be the only one or not.

hope to hear from someone soon. . . . .
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/13/03 05:18 AM
il be there...
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/13/03 02:15 PM
HEY ITS RAINING HARD AS HELL here !!!!!! Sorry I'm not gonna make it guys...I'll be at work!!!ahh!! it's raining and I don't have an umbrella!
Posted By: floridayank Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/13/03 03:41 PM
so is anyone going or am i alone? you all can call me if you pm me.
Posted By: Ruotnoc Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/14/03 06:30 AM
I haven't been on in a very long time, lol. How's it going on the 'tour board over here? I just thought I had to pop in since it has been months. I test drove an FSVT the other day, and loved it...still think the back is fugly.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/15/03 03:50 PM
hey tell me when and where and i will be there
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/15/03 04:21 PM
too late!!the meet was a bust. Many people didnt go includng myself.

Check your pms.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/16/03 03:26 PM
by any chance the people that did attend this meet take any pictures?
Posted By: Fordinary Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/18/03 12:52 AM
you guys are teh suck at organizing meets..

i dont reply to these threads anymore.. *cough* gainesville *cough*

you dont answer pm's.. dont organize meet times and places..

get it together.

pz

kip.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/18/03 12:58 AM
Whoa long time no see Kip, WHen was it? april? oh yea it was. Did you chime in and try to help out on this?Everything on this meet had a time and place, but people couldnt make it because of the rain or work. Did you make it to the meet? Maybe you should set up the next meet and "get it together" for us. Sound good?

Whos doesnt anwswer pms? I know i answer all my pms, so maybe someone else.
Posted By: Fordinary Re: !!COUGH!! !!COUGH!! JVILLE PEEPS - 07/18/03 12:05 PM
u got a pm
© CEG Archives