Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Here is the info....
NOPI Nationals 2003

I FINALLY searched the archives and look at what I found. One thread is up in the general section from last year.

Haahaaa...Heather had the last word on it until I refreshed it....

So here are the quotes I kept telling you about. We need to press this issue and try to make it happen this year!!!

Quote:

From 99SVTguy in the archives Actually guys, n2deep here from the GA chapter of the CEG was successful in getting the contour its OWN CLASS for competition in the nopi nationals this year. He contacted the owner of Nopi here in ATL and was successful in getting the powers that be to add a contour only class to the show. There will be three general categories for contours from what I understand: conservative, mild, and wild. If you go wild, then you will be going head to head with all other wild domestics. Make sure when you sign up for the nationals that you make reference to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, as they give car club awards too.

We posted this info about 3 or 4 months ago but not too many people took interest. I think its awesome to have so many contours interested in representing during that show though. I'm suprised Ryan (n2deep) hasn't posted on this thread yet.

----------
Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555

AND HERE IS THE BIGGIE....

Quote:

From Chris Hightower in the Archives I actually got an email from Nopi-man himself. He offered us our own meeting room and parking spaces for free at the 2003 Nopi Nat's. I say we do something this year, and plan it BIG for next year!! By that time the turbo's will be out in full force!

----------
-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o

What about it?

Start to make plans now...I totally understand about the vacation issues, but, if you can make it, if you can switch shifts with other people, if you can make this one...DO IT.

FLA, GA, TN, MS, Let's get this party started!!!!

Here is the link to the old archive that got the whole thing started last year. Lot of interest. Time to make it happen again this year.

Old post now in archive

L8R
Rich
I will be there hopefully this year, and my car will be done by then(Hopefully).

Great find, I couldnt remember if they ever did get us our own spot or not so now its go time.

U can count me in.
Sorry guys, I will be doing the CEG Nationals this year so that leaves no funding for the fun things in life after that. I would not be showing anyway... not much for the show thing, all about the go go go!!! But it would be a blast to hang though. Sorry.
At least we can hang with ya at Nationals!! I will probably be attending NOPI provided I can get off the Friday before and if my friend that lives in Auburn doesn't mind me crashing at her house again.
how much extra is it to show? should i show? hopefully my kit will be on by then.. if i don't show, i may not bring my car,, i don't know. but i definitely should be there.
I sure hope I can go.
y could u not wouldn't go to it hectorino? come on yo, i'll probably be like only zetec there,,, we both should show, then people would ask whose car is faster, we'd both then lie and say u'rs is.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
y could u not wouldn't go to it hectorino? come on yo, i'll probably be like only zetec there,,, we both should show, then people would ask whose car is faster, we'd both then lie and say u'rs is.

Truth hurts?
I have PM'd Hightower. Hoping to get a response. That would be ultra cool to have Importslayer talking with his contact about it and Chris with his...

L8R
Damm no group rates....(two many groups go there)he said if we regester at the same time we can get placed on the same row. Resgistration in open now.He said if anybody had question to call him 1800-241-2362 ext#207 Bobby Evans..Real nice guy. There will still be 2 diffrent classes for the car show mild and conservative hes sending me flyers or something. if you want some leave me a address and I'll mail them to you.
When is the deadline to enter your car. If the dedline is a lil bit away it gives people tim to plan if they can go. Then we cn make a lit of whos going and (just sayin) send our registration to Importslayer hen he sends the list and money to Nopi all at once.

Just an idea.

I will be there.
I'll have to call about the dead line. Its still 4 month away why dont we plan Aug 01 keep your money. Just give regestration info then we can just send one big check for everybody...How many people are Intrested anyways? Hopefully alot.
U can reg all the way up to the day you drive in..he said the earlier the better. we'll get metter spots and closer togtheir that way. I will bet talking to them tomorrow about get hotel room I'm going to try and get a whole floor. Talk to your friends the more people the cheaper things will be per person. let go in force
i'll probably be like only zetec there

You know how many Focii will be there? Let alone all the Excapes and ZX2's.
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

Lots of fun! Hey is anyone from TN coming to ALA Jubilee on Saturday or Sunday....Eric, didn't you say something or was that Chris??? Get the crew up! Me and BigMoney Matt will be there...met him today...in traffic...nice guy.

PM Me or call 256.509.4085

L8R
Rich
Originally posted by sosaudio1:

Lots of fun! Hey is anyone from TN coming to ALA Jubilee on Saturday or Sunday....Eric, didn't you say something or was that Chris??? Get the crew up!

Huh? Say what about what? Who's doing what now? (*goes back to sleep in the corner*)
Damn... I really want to go!

LOL So true..but they will never outnumber the Honduhs. I'm waiting for my supervisor to get back from his honeymoon so I can take that Friday before off, if not the whole week. Hey Rich, is Laura going to go this year since she missed it last year?
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:

LOL So true..but they will never outnumber the Honduhs. I'm waiting for my supervisor to get back from his honeymoon so I can take that Friday before off, if not the whole week. Hey Rich, is Laura going to go this year since she missed it last year?

Yeah those happy hundas...they are everywhere. I kinda liked the V8 powered Focii!!! Very nice!

Woo Hooo, yup..Laura said "definitely".....Hector you have to go. Your GF brings good luck. Last year, she won a component set of MA audio components that she was cool enuff to give me. Her system was already sounding better than mine...and PROBABLY STILL IS....aint got no money to get me an amp to push dem like I wants to....maybe that will be a mod that gets done in time for NOPI. I really need to do some exhaust modding foist and possibly change an EGR and TINT....gotta do the TINT!!!!!

We will need someone with a camera, and some camcorder action to get the ride into and out of the park. Heather can attest at how much fun that was...guys that whole ride in and out of the park was awesome, lots of cars showing off, lots of burnouts, high revs, and police, can't forget about them....

Ok so now, the 24th, in Decatur, if you are going it is at Point Mallard Park and is SUCH an easy drive, just hit 65 till you see Decatur and 565 and you are pretty much there. Just looking at a map...what 565W does is it dumps right into Decatur, take the second light after the bridge and enjoy the ride into Point Mallard Park. 500 acres of water park opening on the 24th. We will probably be there at like 6am but you can come later if you want...car show wraps up early though so be there early enuff.

Call me if you are coming...

ERIC!!! (he says loud enuff to wake half of the man's neighbors) Hope you don't sleep like that at lights....JK

L8R
Rich
about NOPI, how is traffic in the area of ATL around there. i imagine is pretty heavy being that it's such a large event and traffic is always bad in ATL. my mom won't want me to bring my car because of the traffic but if i have someone older going with me that I SAY is going to drive then she may be cool with it. ya'll that went to the ATL meet, you know the guy with the Si well once we hit ATL traffic he went crazy when he saw an older Si and some nice vehicles and we went well over 100mph in heavy traffic and almost hit two cars. so i think i'd be better off driving anywayz.
about NOPI, how is traffic in the area of ATL around there. i imagine is pretty heavy being that it's such a large event and traffic is always bad in ATL. my mom won't want me to bring my car because of the traffic but if i have someone older going with me that I SAY is going to drive then she may be cool with it. ya'll that went to the ATL meet, you know the guy with the Si well once we hit ATL traffic he went crazy when he saw an older Si and some nice vehicles and we went well over 100mph in heavy traffic and almost hit two cars. so i think i'd be better off driving anywayz.

LOL....yeah you were there way tooo early then or were on a highway and not in ATL. Ummm I think for me once I hit the parade (haahaaa funny funny), I was there for what seemed like years...ok maybe not that long but at LEAST 45 minutes. I called Heather like 50 times thinking I was lost!! Kremit, put it this way, I got hungry, so I pulled out of line to get some lunch. Tell your mom that she has nothing to worry about. Once you hit ATL on that day, just call it the ATL parking lot and there are many many attendants there to help those people who want to try and race, out of line...if you know what I mean! You won't be going fast once you hit the place you need to be when you get there. Goes the same for leaving.

L8R
Rich

Why don't we all get togetheir in Stone Mountain park and cruise the rock at the begining of september so we can meet and hash out our plans in person.
I probably can't make anything before the NOPI weekend since I am already 7 hours away from Atlanta. Yeah, the traffic was bad, but only once you hit the main road into the raceway. Hope your A/C works.

Rich, glad to hear that Laura can make it. Going to be cool to hang with her there. Also, I passed along those speakers because I dragged you and Jacob all over the place looking for the stupid Girlie Girl vendor booth. LOL Besides, you were the one paying attention to the guy that said I won--I just wanted my shirt.

Hector, if you can come, then I will take the week off to make sure I don't have to work. If not, I may just take that Friday off. But we will talk about before then.
Hope your A/C works.

it doesn't. in fact i don't have an a/c system in my car at this time.
Bring something to fan yourself with because there is nothing but hot air in September and no wind since you are basically going 3mph.
hey, i live in south georgia. i've gotten used to it. but if my friend is riding with me then.... maybe he'll want to jump into one of ya'll's cars.
ERIC!!! (he says loud enuff to wake half of the man's neighbors) Hope you don't sleep like that at lights....JK

Huh? What'd I miss? Lights, nah man, I don't do that Not Fast, so I'm Furious thing where you race anything that's next to you. I got tired of always winning... Oh well...good night...

Huh? What'd I miss? Lights, nah man, I don't do that Not Fast, so I'm Furious thing where you race anything that's next to you. I got tired of always winning... Oh well...good night...

haahaa...mee too...

A/C??? We do need no stinkin' A/C. Hondunkers run A/C...ahhhhhaahahahaaaa....JK

L8R
Rich
I live in Greenville SC.
Will monitor this thread thru the summer and let you know. The timing is right; I'm going to Montreal to see the Champ Car race in late August, but don't have anything going in late September. I might be interested in driving down and meeting some other CEG'ers.
Originally posted by MJF4:
I live in Greenville SC.
Will monitor this thread thru the summer and let you know. The timing is right; I'm going to Montreal to see the Champ Car race in late August, but don't have anything going in late September. I might be interested in driving down and meeting some other CEG'ers.

You ought to come, especially with this bunch! We are a rare breed! Oh and tell your friends to come too.

L8R
as the time gets near, any florida CEGers that want to caravan, PM me. also mid GA CEGers. ..... are we all gonna meet up somewhere and then roll in as one big contourin' group?
I might be interested in driving down and meeting some other CEG'ers.

You ought to come, especially with this bunch! We are a rare breed!

True Rich. Soceity normally does a good job in keeping people like us in straight jackets or behind bars, but we just seem to slip through the cracks.

Uh Oh! You don't think that.... hang on, somones knocking at my door...
Originally posted by unisys12:
I might be interested in driving down and meeting some other CEG'ers.

You ought to come, especially with this bunch! We are a rare breed!

True Rich. Soceity normally does a good job in keeping people like us in straight jackets or behind bars, but we just seem to slip through the cracks.

Uh Oh! You don't think that.... hang on, somones knocking at my door...

Did someone say crack?
Woohoo! I have that week off, so I will definitely be attending NOPI. I can't wait. I think it only cost me about $150 total between gas, food and admission.
Crack!! Yeah crack! Boogadaboogadaboogada!
Woohoo! I have that week off, so I will definitely be attending NOPI. I can't wait. I think it only cost me about $150 total between gas, food and admission.

Good for you!!
hey everybody,,I 'm prety sure you dont know me,,,but I'll be at the NATS this year too. I'm gonna try and get another CEGer to go too,,,but he is ind the process of selling his CSVT. But we both live in mid Ga, so its about 2 hours max for us to drive. We both came to the meeting we had at andretti speed lab, and we had a good time, and we plan on meeting up at reynold speedway if anybody comes. But until then ,,,,peace out
Hey! You were at the ASL meet? What were you driving? I was there...it was wicked cold. Who was you?

I'm the T-red SE rockin the steelies.

I'm the T-red SE rockin the steelies.

Hey now--there is nothing wrong with rockin' on steelies every once in a while.
Well, take your pic:
14" steelies:

17" ADR RS Limited Mase:

Here's one vote for 17"!!!
I will take cutain number 2 Chuck!!!
I like my steelies!
Ok, so it's 2-2 for steelies vs. 17"s.
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
I like my steelies!

Hector, we weren't talking about your steelies man! Your are polished!!!
Yeah really, I only washed two of mine one time! I warshed the two on the passenger side for those pics and that's it!
I like my steelies!

Those babies are painted! And polished.
I like my steelies!

Those babies are painted! And polished.

You know my car too well!
Don't forget...
I'm going to go ahead and register for the Super Street 03 South Leg Tour starting in Miami.
Don't forget...

I won't...I am poor though...no loot for trip.
Don't worry bout loot. Save now...you have time....

L8R
Don't worry bout loot. Save now...you have time....

L8R

Then no more mods!
What's up everybody?!? I'll prolly go to the NOPI Nats. Not sure if there is any point to showing though, since I am pretty stock.
Originally posted by Matt2kSVT:
What's up everybody?!? I'll prolly go to the NOPI Nats. Not sure if there is any point to showing though, since I am pretty stock.

Cool then! Just hang out and it is good!

Hector, start selling your heat shields. You will have your cash soon then.

L8R
Rich
hey man,,,sorry i have been on in along time,,,but i was the black contour with the axis rims. the secont black from the left,,,i think. my buddy that i followed up had the red with the 18's and the lowered by koni set,,,,yeah he suxa,,,he sold his car to some dude from florida,,,,but i think im still going to nopi.
u'r talking bout the guy i bought the svt struts from aren't u? that sucks he sold it, his car looked pretty good.
Originally posted by skeeters_20:
hey man,,,sorry i have been on in along time,,,but i was the black contour with the axis rims. the secont black from the left,,,i think. my buddy that i followed up had the red with the 18's and the lowered by koni set,,,,yeah he suxa,,,he sold his car to some dude from florida,,,,but i think im still going to nopi.

You were the one with the killer system in the car rite?

Did you have a audio shop at one time?

or maybe that was someone else...I remember there were two and one was shut and I really wanted to see inside but the owner was not there so we moved on...

Rich
Counting Down.......
yeah nopiiiiiiiiiii
I'll actually be in Chicago in September, ya'll. So have a great time and take lots of pics!
NO! You better be in Atlanta and bring you-know-who with you.
hey guys
yeah the guy who sold his svt shocks to the frog,,is the one who sold his car,,he bought a 2002 Lightning,,,,so he is pretty happy.
I dont think i was the car with the system,,,,,i dont think mine is that good. But look on the link,,,maybe you guys will remember the car.
http://hometown.aol.com/skt2487/myhomepage/profile.html
Do you have a pic of the front of your car? Just wondering if I have a pic of it. Are you gonna be at NOPI?
NO! You better be in Atlanta and bring you-know-who with you.

LOL!
Here ya go Frog,,,,nuthin special about the front,,at least not yet anyway.
And i do plan on being at NOPI,,,not sure whch day yet,,,but im going.
http://hometown.aol.com/skt2487/myhomepage/profile.html
Man I would love to go this year. I went 2 years ago and it was fun. NOPI falls on my parents wedding anniversary and my mom's b-day...maybe next year!!
Man I would love to go this year. I went 2 years ago and it was fun. NOPI falls on my parents wedding anniversary and my mom's b-day...maybe next year!!
ill be there....i went to bristol for mini nationals last week....took 3rd place in ALL FORD....so i was so surpriced and happy...hope to meet some of you
This party is about to get started.

Soon we will be building a list to get all the CEGers info in one place. If you are showing, this will give us an excellent opportunity to show up and give you props, trade info, and drool over...ok, there will be bibs on hand...(Note to self, remember to take a roll of paper towels to the meet)

The lists will be built in Excel/Word and emailed out only to those people who PM me their info. Works like this, you give me your name, email addy, screenname, cell number and tell me whether or not you want it published or if you just want me to call you with meet updates and such. Be thinking hard about this.

I will not be there on Sunday, I will be there ALL DAY SATURDAY to get burned by the sun and physically exhausted from checking out all the cars!

Trust me on this one. If you own a sport compact or have friends that do, you want to go to this meet.

I will be in the process of forming a caravan of cars to go from here in Huntsville AL to ATL so if it is on your way and you want to meet up with what I hope to be a LOT of cars, then let me know and we will get this thing going.

So to recap, you are going, there will be a post soon with a form to fill out and PM back to me. Talk to your work and tell them that you either will take sat and sun or sat or sunday off cuz you are going to check out some AWESOME cars

See you soon
Rich
Ok I have pulled this list from the other thread and will be checking to make sure I have included those that are, maybe, possibly, who knows what, may be going.

This list will continue to be edited thru the various threads as the weeks and days begin to wind down.

You coming and your name not on the list? Reply to this thread and we will include you. As that list grows and people see who are coming or are undecided and such, we may get to see more involvement. So if you are on the fence, I am here to tell you GO! You will not be disapointed!

Based on response in this and the other thread:

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
5. The Ripper - Cali, may not make it
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
9. sosaudio1 - dats a given
10. Kremit - really really wants to go.
11. Big Eric Terrill (Chattavegas) - prolly go a day or two
12. FLCEGKID
13. MJF4
14. Skeeters20
15. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
16. AnthonyConstant
17. Matt2kSVT
18. fst4dr - possible

Excellent response...Some possibles some undecideds...Lemmie know soon if you plan to make it fo sho!

Remember it is September 20 and 21, so you have time to plan. The list will not be made and loaded into Excel until 2 weeks prior. This will give plenty of time for you to get that last minute in so that I can get you on the list of contacts for NOPI

Remember that the list will ONLY be issued and your info will only be published once I get your PM with the info and you tell me that you want to have the info published. At that time I will send you a PM confirming with my email addy to look for when I ship the document...

Anyone else, post!

Rich
Sorry its been along time since i posted. The archived post about the classes is true (contour conservative and contour mild; as far as being in a wild category you will go up against all fords). But overall it is a fun time being going since 1997 As far as the Hightower issue
I could not get a answer. Other than he lost the email about the group meet

n2deep
Originally posted by n2deep:
Sorry its been along time since i posted. The archived post about the classes is true (contour conservative and contour mild; as far as being in a wild category you will go up against all fords). But overall it is a fun time being going since 1997 As far as the Hightower issue
I could not get a answer. Other than he lost the email about the group meet

n2deep

So are you gonna be there? I will put you on with a question mark. As you can see below, Speed Demon will be going...Not sure if he is showing or not. He has gotten the car looking REAL SWEET!

Quote:

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
9. sosaudio1 - dats a given Saturday Only
10. Kremit - really really wants to go.
11. Big Eric Terrill (Chattavegas) - prolly go a day or two
12. FLCEGKID
13. MJF4
14. Skeeters20 - Saturday Only
15. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
16. AnthonyConstant
17. Matt2kSVT
18. fst4dr - possible
19. Speed Demon
20. n2deep - ?

Lemmie know.

Do read the thread in general. We will soon be cementing this. Once that happens, then we will be forming a contact sheet which will be in word/excel and emailed to you so make sure you can read that so that you can print it out...if need be, I can make it a PDF file or what have you.

Rich
Sorry Rich, I won't be able to attend. I had to move my vacation up. Hope ya'll take LOTS of pics.
Originally posted by LoCoChick:
Sorry Rich, I won't be able to attend. I had to move my vacation up. Hope ya'll take LOTS of pics.

Bummer...Alright...
Quote:

Quote:

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoZ - Possible
7. Solefood 21
8. sosaudio1 - dats a given Saturday Only
9. Kremit - really really wants to go.
10. Big Eric Terrill (Chattavegas) - prolly go a day or two
11. FLCEGKID
12. MJF4
13. Skeeters20 - Saturday Only
14. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
15. AnthonyConstant
16. Matt2kSVT
17. fst4dr - possible
18. Speed Demon
19. n2deep - ?
20. ATL-SVT - With his MOPAR sponsored entourage.

OK the list has dwindeled a bit but we have friends bringing friends so we will still have quite a group...

So far these are the definites:
1. sosaudio1
2. skeeters 20
3. Ryanblacksvt
4. FlechaAutoSports
5. ATL-SVT
6. Kremithefrog
7. Chattavegas

We have some undecideds and some with questions...all is well.

A lot of you I notice did not want your cell numbers published....just wanted to make sure you understood NO numbers get published in threads. They are only used on the lists that will be sent to the individuals coming to the nationals and are only used to get everyone on the same page.

Just wanted to make sure we are clear on that. If you wish to change that status PM me back so that I can make sure it changes before I go to set it up. If you wish to keep it non-published that is cool too. Either way, we want to make sure you get respected.

Cool?

Alright....now, lets get ready to have some fun

see you there
Rich
© CEG Archives