Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Post ideas here people from the SE and people from other regions that can attend this meet. I'm thinking about Silver Dollar drag strip in Reynolds, Georgia sometime in august, possibly september.
Well the CEG National Convention is in August, from the 14th to the 17th.
yeah, is that the SE? I would like to keep this thread on topic. MEET IN THE SE. wow, that's hard to understand.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
yeah, is that the SE? I would like to keep this thread on topic. MEET IN THE SE. wow, that's hard to understand.

See, many people will be attending the NM from the SE. SO trying to plan a meet in August may be out of the question for many of the SE CEGers. Something to think about.
yes, i asked in another thread in the SE forum for people not attending the NM and living in the SE to post,, but then all these other posts happened, so I started this thread. But from an early head count, it didn't seem that all that many SEr's were going to the NM. also the meet may be on different day than NM or maybe even month after NM.. or it may not even happened.........
it seems nobody likes the idea of a meet in the SE. so if anybody HAPPENS to want a meet in the SE in august or september, then PM me. cuz i think this thread has already gone down the hole as well.
it seems nobody likes the idea of a meet in the SE. so if anybody HAPPENS to want a meet in the SE in august or september, then PM me. cuz i think this thread has already gone down the hole as well.

being serious here, i want to arrange a meet in the SE in august or september, sorry if this causes conflicts with any1's plans, but other people may be able to attend, i'd like to see how many people may be able to attend. if there's not enuff than so be it, there won't be a SE meet at that time.
I might be able to make it in September
being serious here, i want to arrange a meet in the SE in august or september, sorry if this causes conflicts with any1's plans, but other people may be able to attend, i'd like to see how many people may be able to attend. if there's not enuff than so be it, there won't be a SE meet at that time.

kermit, I dont' think that it is fair for you to try TRY to make people choose between a meet in August, when every one knows that the Chicago meet has been planned and in stone for a very long time. Reading some of your post, I understand your situation, but it is not nice for you to do and say the things your are saying just b/c you can not come. You are not the only one with problems. Every one else has their own set of problems, and for you to do this is really rude and it really shows your age. 17 YEARS OLD.
If you realize that it causes conflicts why post on the topic any way.
Being a PARENT myself, I would not want to let you go off to these far away places either, so when you get out of school, get a full time job and your own placce to live so you can make your own decisions, I think you should respect the minds and opinions of others especially that are older and are out own their own.
Originally posted by bk4293:

That's a good idea, actually because I think NOPI is in Atlanta in September. Rich if you can get those dates, that would be great because I have to try and take off work for them.
Dude, if you want a meet to happen, you're gonna have to take some initiative and hammer down some dates and specifict locations, and then propose them.

As for me, I'm not going to the NM, and I can't justify going to NOPI (it's fairly expensive, isn't it?), so I'd love to go get together with some CEG'ers and hang sometime. However, August and September are still a long way away, and therefore I can't give any sort of definite Yes or No about coming. I would have to drive down from Murfreesboro, which isn't too bad, but I don't even know where I'm going to be working during fall semester and don't know if I'd be able to get off.

See the delemma? Get some details together, and we might be able to get something done. Take it easy.

Later

Jed
Also, there's a bunch of CEG'ers doing a Dragon run in october. I've already signed up for it. You might drum up some interest in that and consider it a meet. I could help you with arranging some space to meet before or after the run for anybody that wants to just sit around and hang out, maybe grill some. I live spittin distance from the Dragon, so I know the area and some places where we could go pretty well.
What do you think?

Later

Jed
Originally posted by draonbreth32:
Dude, if you want a meet to happen, you're gonna have to take some initiative and hammer down some dates and specifict locations, and then propose them.

Amen to that! Geez, how many have I done? 3? 4? I can't even remember...The Nashville/Huntsville meet was the first one I didn't have a part in planning in the past year or so!

OK, so it seems we need a calender, again. What month is now? May? OK...let's have one event planned per month, so there's no making decisions between different events, k?

May:
June: 22nd I turn 21
July: 4th in HSV...23rd SLAP Show in Chattanooga
August: Nat'l Meet in CHI
September:
October:
November: Dragon Run later in the month, 23rd??????
December:

What else? These are all I can quote for sure off the top of my head at 1 AM. Quote just those months and fill in the events you want to see/attend.
May: Matrix Reloaded released!! yeah I know that it has already started playing, but... It is a current event and something that I wanted to do.
June:[ChattavegasSE]22nd I turn 21 [/ChattavegasSE] I would like to add that June first I will have my new tranny!! Whoo Hoo!! You turning 21 huh? Someone just go ahead and call AA and get this guy a date set for sometime in say... [reviewing current calander] September please. For all us and him! j/k
August: Nat'l Meet in CHI My girls start school this month, but that is not going to keep us from going to the Nationals!
September: Labor Day weekend-My oldest daughters b-day!! And there will be the car show in Huntsville.
October: I turn 30~~~ I will get a check soon for this.
November: Dragon Run later in the month, 23rd?????? Kims b-day (can't say how old, I really don't want to get smacked right now!!) Thanksgiving... someone call weight watchers for me, I will need it for sometime during December
December: I will be broke broke broke...

Ok! I think that about sums things up right now. I might have a few things to add to this later, so please don't anyone go and delete this. I will be lost if you do!!
Originally posted by unisys12:
May: Matrix Reloaded released!! yeah I know that it has already started playing, but... It is a current event and something that I wanted to do.
June:[ChattavegasSE]22nd I turn 21 [/ChattavegasSE] I would like to add that June first I will have my new tranny!! Whoo Hoo!! You turning 21 huh? Someone just go ahead and call AA and get this guy a date set for sometime in say... [reviewing current calander] September please. For all us and him! j/k
August: Nat'l Meet in CHI My girls start school this month, but that is not going to keep us from going to the Nationals!
September: Labor Day weekend-My oldest daughters b-day!! And there will be the car show in Huntsville.
October: I turn 30~~~ I will get a check soon for this.
November: Dragon Run 3-5 in NC...Kims b-day (can't say how old, I really don't want to get smacked right now!!) Thanksgiving... someone call weight watchers for me, I will need it for sometime during December
December: I will be broke broke broke...

*Updated with correct dates for Simon's Dragon Run
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
Originally posted by bk4293:

That's a good idea, actually because I think NOPI is in Atlanta in September. Rich if you can get those dates, that would be great because I have to try and take off work for them.

I won't have vacation.
September: Labor Day weekend-My oldest daughters b-day!!

My B-day is Labor day
This turned into a B-dat thread....
Amber's (My daughter's) birthday is the 27th of this month!
Originally posted by corrupted_by_CEG:

kermit, I dont' think that it is fair for you to try TRY to make people choose between a meet in August, when every one knows that the Chicago meet has been planned and in stone for a very long time. Reading some of your post, I understand your situation, but it is not nice for you to do and say the things your are saying just b/c you can not come. You are not the only one with problems. Every one else has their own set of problems, and for you to do this is really rude and it really shows your age. 17 YEARS OLD.
If you realize that it causes conflicts why post on the topic any way.

yeah i am 17. I said i know it causes conflict with some people's plan. so that meets that those people would not attend this meet then. but for the people not going to the NM but wanting a meet aroung august could have posted where they would like to meet. I guess everyone should be going to the NM and if they're not they should just stay at home. oh well , screw this, too much oppisition from people that don't even want to attend a SE meet in august. These people could have just left this thread alone and allowed the PEOPLE NOT ATTENDING THE National Meet to post. If anybody happens to what a meet in the SE sometime this year than PM cause when posting on here people just [censored] up your thread.
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
  • May:
  • June:
  • July: 4th in HSV...23rd SLAP Show in Chattanooga
  • August: Nat'l Meet 14-17 in Chi-town
  • September: There will be the car show in Huntsville.
  • October:
  • November: Dragon Run 3-5 in NC
  • December:

• Phil-what car show are you talking about in September in HSV?

When's NOPI in ATL? Let's try to keep this calender on topic. It looks really empty without anyone's b-days.

Wait...is there nothing happening in June or October? Kremi-want to make a date one of those months for a meet in Souff GA?

Bear in mind, kids, that the nearer we get to winter time, the more holidays pop up, so please be considerate of family g2g's, too. IE-don't plan a meet for Dec 25! Also consider work schedules: I work two retail jobs and will have no time off from Thanksgiving to Christmas. But then again, you don't need me to have a good meet! I just run over dogs and 'ish on back road runs!
  • May:
  • June:
  • September: There will be the car show in Huntsville.
  • October:
  • December:

• Phil-what car show are you talking about in September in HSV?

Whoopsy! Got my holidays all confusiled and stuff! You can scrap that one.
  • May:
  • June:
  • September: 20-21 NOPI Nat's in ATL
  • October:
  • December:

• Fixed.
    Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

Which one is me? I look like this->
    you must of been off camera but I though this was you
    and here is one for kremit:
    Joe-2 questions: 1) what am I sucking? B) why is 1/3rd of that pic pink?
    and here is one for kremit:

double ditto for u joe.

and eric, so would u wanna have a drag meet in october instead of august or september? i'm thinking friday nite at silver dollar. anybody else is welcome to go. if u don't like it then don't go. this will be sorta mini-meet and it's a good place for north florida and all of georgia to meet. anybody else wanting to make the slightly longer drive i.e. from alabama, tennesee, s. florida, chicago is welcomed to. as it gets closer i'll get a date but racing is $20, $5 to watch. gates open at 5pm 6-10pm racing on friday nites.
    All right man, now you're making progress! Yeah, that'd be great! Is it a 1/4 mile? Never done that...I'll finally get to show my friend and his ZX3 what I do at top end! See, on the 1/8th we'd finish with in .1 seconds every time. He's a lil ahead of me, but I start to really pull him hard ~20 feet before the finish, so gimme a lil more length and it'll get real ugly real fast! So, I could go, prolly bring some Focii guys. (3 possible, maybe a bitchin Camaro or two! ) Yeah man, let's get the ball rollin on this!
    yes it's a 1/4 mile track, NHRA certified so I may not be able to do ALL my temporary weight reduction plans, I'll have to ask them at track what all I can do. so what month would be best? and i know u'd beat the wheels off the zx3. are u gonna drive back to tennesee that nite or do u need a place to stay eric? i'll probably stay at my dad's house which is bout 45 minutes closer to silver dollar than where i live and i'm sure he wouldn't mind if anybody around my age needed a place to stay, sorry no 30 yr. old men welcomed. 30 yr old women,, well maybe, ya'll can PM me.
    Nah man, I'll prolly jet back to the Nooga. If need be, I'll grab a cheap hotel parking lot and sleep in my car. Now, if there are going to be some 'temporary weight reduction mods' taking place, I may need a place to store my leftover parts; I'm not about to drive all the way down there with no hood, headlights, seats, spare tire, interior door panels, glove box, sun visors, or rear view mirror. Or pants for that matter...every little bit helps...
    All right man, now you're making progress! Yeah, that'd be great! Is it a 1/4 mile? Never done that...I'll finally get to show my friend and his ZX3 what I do at top end! See, on the 1/8th we'd finish with in .1 seconds every time. He's a lil ahead of me, but I start to really pull him hard ~20 feet before the finish, so gimme a lil more length and it'll get real ugly real fast! So, I could go, prolly bring some Focii guys. (3 possible, maybe a bitchin Camaro or two! ) Yeah man, let's get the ball rollin on this!

top end that were I really pull on ATX duratecs

Really? Me too! Wait....
    Really? Me too! Wait....

OOH wait I might be pissed kremit since I'm not from the south and posting something offtopic in his special thread so I will "try" and stop now
    Really? Me too! Wait....

OOH wait I might be pissed kremit since I'm not from the south and posting something offtopic in his special thread so I will "try" and stop now

oh here we go again
    Really? Me too! Wait....

oh here we go again

<-me sighs audibly to agree with Kim
    i'll have atleast one person with me, he'll be with the few things i may remove when there. if u don't mind putting stuff on ground, i guess there will be a place i could put some stuff. i should have carbon fiber hood by then, so it'll get to stay on. i want to remove my corner lamps though. especially that one, it'll allow more air for intake.

Me too.

BTW my B-day is August 14th...the first day of the National Meet!
    sorry no 30 yr. old men welcomed. 30 yr old women,, well maybe, ya'll can PM me.

Thats alright Kremit, us thirty something guys don't want to reveal how we find women to you punks anyway! Besides, you wouldn't know what to do with a thirty year old women anyway. We wouldn't want to bring you to the emergency room now would we? Stick with the little girls.

Jim
    Originally posted by jthursby:
    sorry no 30 yr. old men welcomed. 30 yr old women,, well maybe, ya'll can PM me.

Thats alright Kremit, us thirty something guys don't want to reveal how we find women to you punks anyway! Besides, you wouldn't know what to do with a thirty year old women anyway. We wouldn't want to bring you to the emergency room now would we? Stick with the little girls.

Jim

Haha, that's pretty funny! Hell, I'll be 21 by then, I'll go get me sum at the noody bar!

Jim

OUCH...No 30 year old men to go to the show.....AIGHT...

CHITOWN....hell yeaaah...here I come.

Joe, still room for two more at the inn?

OK so now for the updates....

May 24, 25, 26: Alabama Jubilee, Point Mallard Park in Decatur Alabama. WHO IS COMING??? This deal ROX! Ok Saturday the 24th is the Hot-Air balloon races and car show. It is early morning but it is worth it. 25th another early day...and in HSV there is an Out of Eden concert after the Stars Baseball game that we will be at. 26th...dunno supposed to be the Balloons flying out...wooo
    All those going PM...call!!!! The number of course 256.509.4085 The easiset way to get there, use Mapquest or call...LOL....Lots of people will be there we are talking taking over local neighborhoods! BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS picnic blankets, kids, kites (or just buy some acrobatic kites there) and get ready for fun and oh yeah, Did I mention it is FREE?

June - Early June (I think) Big Spring Jam - Has nuthin to do with cars but a HUGE three day weekend FULL of concerts. From Classic Rock to currents. How many stages you ask? I believe from recollection 7+ LARGE stages. They completely close downtown Huntsville for a week to get ready for the THOUSANDS of people coming....BIG BIG BIG.

July 4 or 5 or both Meet here in Huntsville, watch baseball and Fireworks and BBQ with car show, possibly taking over a Bruno's parkinglot. WoooHoo

August 14 thru 17 National Meet...Kremit...do something after that and some of us may show...

September 20 and 21 NOPI Nats!!!! Atlanta Motor Speedway. I still need to search the archives to see if I can find the person that said we have parking...

October, November, December....who knows?

You can Google search any of these topics and find info for it.

Does that wrap some of em up?
    L8R
    Rich
    Originally posted by sosaudio1:

Jim

OUCH...No 30 year old men to go to the show.....AIGHT...

CHITOWN....hell yeaaah...here I come.

Joe, still room for two more at the inn?

OK so now for the updates....

May 24, 25, 26: Alabama Jubilee, Point Mallard Park in Decatur Alabama. WHO IS COMING??? This deal ROX! Ok Saturday the 24th is the Hot-Air balloon races and car show. It is early morning but it is worth it. 25th another early day...and in HSV there is an Out of Eden concert after the Stars Baseball game that we will be at. 26th...dunno supposed to be the Balloons flying out...wooo
    All those going PM...call!!!! The number of course 256.509.4085 The easiset way to get there, use Mapquest or call...LOL....Lots of people will be there we are talking taking over local neighborhoods! BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS picnic blankets, kids, kites (or just buy some acrobatic kites there) and get ready for fun and oh yeah, Did I mention it is FREE?

June - Early June (I think) Big Spring Jam - Has nuthin to do with cars but a HUGE three day weekend FULL of concerts. From Classic Rock to currents. How many stages you ask? I believe from recollection 7+ LARGE stages. They completely close downtown Huntsville for a week to get ready for the THOUSANDS of people coming....BIG BIG BIG.

July 4 or 5 or both Meet here in Huntsville, watch baseball and Fireworks and BBQ with car show, possibly taking over a Bruno's parkinglot. WoooHoo

August 14 thru 17 National Meet...Kremit...do something after that and some of us may show...

September 20 and 21 NOPI Nats!!!! Atlanta Motor Speedway. I still need to search the archives to see if I can find the person that said we have parking...

October, November, December....who knows?

You can Google search any of these topics and find info for it.

Does that wrap some of em up?
    L8R
    Rich

This is getting weird!
    hahaahaahahaaaa

We are still up in the air about the Nat meet...well I thought everything was set....but....I still dont have a job...sooooo we are having to wait on the tax refund to come....and hopefully a job soon too that will be easy to work with on the days off...

L8R
    Rich
    hahaahaahahaaaa

We are still up in the air about the Nat meet...well I thought everything was set....but....I still dont have a job...sooooo we are having to wait on the tax refund to come....and hopefully a job soon too that will be easy to work with on the days off...

L8R
    Rich

I hope you can make it Rich!
    Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
    hahaahaahahaaaa

L8R
    Rich

MEEEE TOOOOOOO!

Maybe without Laura though....sigh....

L8R
    hahaahaahahaaaa

L8R
    Rich

MEEEE TOOOOOOO!

L8R

Damn!
    Awww, well hopefully she can make it.
    hahaahaahahaaaa

L8R
    Rich

MEEEE TOOOOOOO!

L8R

Damn!

don't you wish you had a couple of kiddies around the house right now? if you did have a couple of kids like me and Phil, you would be getting a nice check during the summer from the dear old President (child tax credit thing). woooohoooo!!!!! it pays to have kids!!!

Anyway, I hope Laura can come though. my girls are going to miss 3 days of school so we can go. call me a bad mommy but they are really looking forward to it.
    hahaahaahahaaaa

L8R
    Rich

MEEEE TOOOOOOO!

L8R

Damn!

don't you wish you had a couple of kiddies around the house right now? if you did have a couple of kids like me and Phil, you would be getting a nice check during the summer from the dear old President (child tax credit thing). woooohoooo!!!!! it pays to have kids!!!

Anyway, I hope Laura can come though. my girls are going to miss 3 days of school so we can go. call me a bad mommy but they are really looking forward to it.

Yeah, but how exspensive are kids anyway, Kim? Somehow, I don't think Bubba Bush's tax credit makes it even out every year.
    hahaahaahahaaaa

L8R
    Rich

MEEEE TOOOOOOO!

L8R

Damn!

Yeah, but how exspensive are kids anyway, Kim? Somehow, I don't think Bubba Bush's tax credit makes it even out every year.

not as bad as every one makes it out to be. give em a box and they will play with it. we don't have to pay in on taxes we get everything back plus alot more. as far as the christmas thing goes that is what the bonus check is for so actually it does even out pretty good for us.
    Kim, you bad mommy you! LOL I'm kidding girl. YOu are so lucky! What is it $400 per kid. LOL Don't worry about the girls missing school--it's the beginning of the year.
    Kim, you bad mommy you! LOL I'm kidding girl. YOu are so lucky! What is it $400 per kid. LOL Don't worry about the girls missing school--it's the beginning of the year.

Yeah you don't do chit at the beginning!

Kim made mention of that, it being the beginning of the school year, and I told her, "I don't give a crap! We will make up the work!". I think I will pay for that...

So let's see, I will have the video camera again along with the digicam, oh and a computer at home (FINALLY, once again!). That way we will not have to wait almost a month for Joe to get the video up!!!

Kim made mention of that, it being the beginning of the school year, and I told her, "I don't give a crap! We will make up the work!". I think I will pay for that...

So let's see, I will have the video camera again along with the digicam, oh and a computer at home (FINALLY, once again!). That way we will not have to wait almost a month for Joe to get the video up!!!

Yeah! Joe!!!

they do more than you think at the beginning of the year, its the end of the year that they don't do chit and yeah Phillip will have to help with homework this year..... 1st grader and a 2nd grader. Do you know how much homework that is? oh and not to mention the phonics!!!!

we are very blessed to have our girls!
    beginning of year is easy. (i still be in GA public skoolz) end of this year i let my trig grade drop to a C (all other classes A's) and we had bunches of projects,etc. i'm glad next year is my last ,, oo then i get to go to collge.
    beginning of year is easy. (i still be in GA public skoolz) end of this year i let my trig grade drop to a C (all other classes A's) and we had bunches of projects,etc. i'm glad next year is my last ,, oo then i get to go to collge.

Slacker!!!
    © CEG Archives