Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
well I'm coming down south again for the 4th anyone interested in meeting up with rich, kim, and phil and amanda that weekend? please vote if you would be interested and what day you would want to meet up then we can figure out what we will do like a BBQ or something.

Huntsville meet
get together friday the 4th
sat the 5th
no thanks it's too far

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/15/03 07:01 AM
I am there!!
looks like there will be a big fireworks display at Joe Davis Stadium on the 4th so we could meet then, in an abandoned parking lot next to it to watch or, we could go into the park and watch baseball and fireworks after.

But I am game for Friday and saturday too.

L8R
Rich
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
looks like there will be a big fireworks display at Joe Davis Stadium on the 4th so we could meet then, in an abandoned parking lot next to it to watch or, we could go into the park and watch baseball and fireworks after.

But I am game for Friday and saturday too.

L8R
Rich

you really want to go watch the game huh?

it would be fun wouldn't it....I love sports
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/15/03 05:26 PM
Sorry I am flying into New Orleans on the morning of the 4th.
cool the 4th is on a friday..i will try and make it for at least 1 day...might have some family stuff to do that weekend in memphis...not sure yet...
I think i can do friday too....i just gotta remember to ask for it off ahead of time.
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:

It is all good...the plan is to make these meets happen constantly. So fear not! There will be another...meet....get together...

L8R
Rich

Woohoo!
alright who voted for it's too far?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 03:05 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
alright who voted for it's too far?

LMAO! It wasn't me!!
Phil I know it wasn't you
probably steve
Originally posted by corrupted_by_CEG:
probably steve

steve wouldn't do such a thing as that would he?

ooh and count me in for that weekend it should be fun any of those day will work for me

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 05:01 AM
Didn't even vote!
Originally posted by maybefast:
probably steve

ooh and count me in for that weekend it should be fun any of those day will work for me

Why does Steve get blamed for everything???
No it wasn't me, and I really wish I could make it, but I'm saving the rest of my vacation for August, so I can see you all here.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 05:10 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:
probably steve

No it wasn't me, and I really wish I could make it, but I'm saving the rest of my vacation for August, so I can see you all here.

good deal!
probably steve

awwwww
I didn't blame you, Steve.
I voted for Saturday, it just seems more likely I can make it on Saturday. Dunno why...spooky... Hey, can we blow up sh!t? You know, celebrate your country by incinerating a small part of it!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 05:55 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
I voted for Saturday, it just seems more likely I can make it on Saturday. Dunno why...spooky... Hey, can we blow up sh!t? You know, celebrate your country by incinerating a small part of it!

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! You replied exactly one minute after I posted! Friggin stalker...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 06:04 AM
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! You replied exactly one minute after I posted! Friggin stalker...

I stalk someone else!
Crack smoker. LOL

Well there is a large empty Brunos there. That is all we need. "Who is filming this?" "Hey check out the really big firecracker!" "Cool! Let's light it and see!".....BOOOM...."And to tonights headlines. A fifty foot crater was made in the middle of the parking lot on Drake avenue where a Brunos store once stood. Police are still on the search for the subjects...."

Crack Kills...LOL

L8R
Rich
Crack Kills...LOL

Oh c'mon Rich, how many people really die from crack?
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick!

Now THAT'S a good quote! LMAO
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/16/03 06:19 AM
Crack Kills...LOL

Oh c'mon Rich, how many people really die from crack?

Huh!?
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick!

Now THAT'S a good quote! LMAO

Go listen to the Dead Milkmen; it's from the song Stuart. Many more priceless quotes....

BURROW OWL! BURROW OWL!!

doesn't seem to be much interest in this other than rich, amanda, kim & Phil, eric, and me
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/17/03 05:02 AM

doesn't seem to be much interest in this other than rich, amanda, kim & Phil, eric, and me

I'm not flying over 2 hours to New Orleans to drive another 7 to Huntsville....sorry!

I'm not flying over 2 hours to New Orleans to drive another 7 to Huntsville....sorry!

I wasn't refering to you but I know you can't make it
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/17/03 05:08 AM

I wasn't refering to you but I know you can't make it

Good!
I wish I could go, just hate to lose that much time from work though.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/17/03 07:08 AM

God knows you take too much time off already!

Work? What is this 'work' you speak of?
Work is that passtime hobby I partake in to keep the landlord and bill collectors happy and smiling!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/18/03 05:01 AM
Work is that passtime hobby I partake in to keep the landlord and bill collectors happy and smiling!

Funny! We have the same hobby... It really is a small world after all.
Originally posted by unisys12:

Funny! We have the same hobby... It really is a small world after all.

Huh? I'm still lost... Work is for big pussies like this:
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/18/03 07:24 AM

Don't forget the mod gods!
OK we've got only 6 votes sofar I know there are more than 6 people in the SE considering 1 of those votes is mine were are the rest of you guys at?
done voted and have given my $.02!!
Aight, Joe! Plan the crap out of this meet! I'll be there! I volunteer to bring the exsplosives!!

OK new poll going up in the AM and don't vote cause your $.02 doesn't count

j/k
or am I
OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

j/k
or am I

Here's my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free!
Aight, Joe! Plan the crap out of this meet! I'll be there! I volunteer to bring the exsplosives!!

you know well atleast there was a couple of years ago a BIG fireworks place out side of Chattanooga but for the life of me can't remember the highway it was on... ooh well I'm sure you know where to go to get the fun stuff anyways.

Eric if you know of any drag strips in the arew with an open track night that weekend it would be helpful since huntsville dragway has the B&M series going on fri through sunday and montgomery motorsports park has TBA listed for one of the days on the weekend and ? for other tracks I sure would like to play with some duratecs
OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

what this is that "come back" I waited for

you know well atleast there was a couple of years ago a BIG fireworks place out side of Chattanooga but for the life of me can't remember the highway it was on... ooh well I'm sure you know where to go to get the fun stuff anyways.

Oh yeah, I can get a can of gasoline and a fuse anywhere, don't worry about that! But yes, there are a lot of big ass fireworks joints around here. None in this county cause they're illegal. That's why there are so many stores just outside the county lines on the freeways.

Quote:

Eric if you know of any drag strips in the arew with an open track night that weekend it would be helpful since huntsville dragway has the B&M series going on fri through sunday and montgomery motorsports park has TBA listed for one of the days on the weekend and ? for other tracks I sure would like to play with some duratecs

In my area or in HSV or in between or where? The only one around me is the 1/8th mile in Brainerd-right on the TN/GA border on the GA side.

Joe, dude, c'mon man, get a new graphic, that one's older than me. Here, gimme a minute, I'll help you out...

j/k
or am I

yeah you are joking, cause the Tommyknocker/Joe Masher will get ya
In my area or in HSV or in between or where? The only one around me is the 1/8th mile in Brainerd-right on the TN/GA border on the GA side.

well anywhere that is within a reasonable distance
Montgomery from huntsville is about a three hour drive which rich and I said was a little too far before. I would prefer a 1/4 mile but a 1/8 is OK I guess. I know of 4 1/4 miles all about an hour from my place but that I'm sure is farther than you all would wanna drive to goto a track
Here ya go lil guy!

If you need any more, just lemme know!

Sorry Kim, I just gotta help out!
Yeah Joe, those 1/4's are a lil out of my way and I think I might even pass a couple on the way! Ummm, I don't know 'bout B'ham. There's a couple CEGer's down there, where are they? Lemme poke around in the Yellow Pages and see what I can find...
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes those were good but I figured I would go with a classic
Tried and true, I like your style, Joe!
OK Joe, I found some tracks! Take your pick!!
Here ya go lil guy!

If you need any more, just lemme know!

Sorry Kim, I just gotta help out!

Don't shoot the messenger, Kim, I'm just trying to lend a hand. If you need any good 'own3d!1' pics, feel free to ask. It's not like I've got anything else to do!
Yeah Joe, those 1/4's are a lil out of my way and I think I might even pass a couple on the way! Ummm, I don't know 'bout B'ham. There's a couple CEGer's down there, where are they? Lemme poke around in the Yellow Pages and see what I can find...

no clue who all is coming that's suppose to be the idea of this thread
OK well kind of the idea of this thread I guess in a way well sorta OK not really I stop typing now since I really don't know what I am typing anyways my fingers just keep typing but I really don't know what that are saying anyways they tend to do this from time to time but well OK now I will stop. maybe it is my other personality doing this maybe it is him trying to come out of the woodwork but my first personality just doesn't want him to come out and he is trying to repress him back but he keeps on typing well?
Don't shoot the messenger, Kim, I'm just trying to lend a hand. If you need any good 'own3d!1' pics, feel free to ask. It's not like I've got anything else to do!

PSSSSed I think she is trying to say you are stupid or maybe that she is stupid for being the one who did the sub in the dryer

OK, I'll send you some PMS with some good pics!

OK, I'll send you some PMS with some good pics!

Kim-You've got PMS! (edit-them damn smilies slowed down my cable modem! )
Kim-You've got PMS!

yes I see...
Kim-You've got PMS! (damn copy and paste )

yes I see... (hey! does anyone remember back in the day you could only put 6 emoticons per post?)

Excellent...now my plans are coming into reality... ('nuff o' dat!)
OK Joe, I found some tracks! Take your pick!!

Bama tracks
Atmore Dragway doesn't have aschedule up past May sooo

New Bama Dragway shows TBA for the 4th and the 5th says westwards auto parts midnight madness ( is that an open track thing or?

Dallas County Dragway Has LAST YEARS schedule still on their site

Holiday Raceway only has an open track night on thursday nights

Mobile Dragway only list events up through June but they list test and tunes on fridays so there is a possibility there.

ON to Tenn tracks.....

Jackson Dragway doesn't list a schedule after April

Knoxville Dragway other stuff going on that weekend

Music City Raceway 4th is a highschool / jr dragster night and the 5th is a NHRA day

US 43 Dragway has a test and tune friday the 4th at night... MS Streets and trips says it about an hour 43 minutes form my sisters house in huntsville.

Ok, so does the 4th of July meet need to be centered around HSV? Cause those possibilities you listed aren't really that close.
I never said they were close but that is what I was finding on the link you posted.I could be an azz and say yes it has to be centered around HVS but I won't cause I have a Car and will travel to basicly where ever.... ( outside of when D Davis told me to stop by his place on my way down to hunstville last time steve hector and I came Note: he lives in arizona)
I never said they were close but that is what I was finding on the link you posted.I could be an azz and say yes it has to be centered around HVS but I won't cause I have a Car and will travel to basicly where ever.... ( outside of when D Davis told me to stop by his place on my way down to hunstville last time steve hector and I came Note: he lives in arizona)

Yeah, that' kinda out of the way! lol

Well, what now? I'd like to have a lil g2g in HSV or Birmingham. What are the tracks down there? 1/8th mile is cool with me, assfault, concrete, tarmac, gravel, sand, snow, whatever's clever...
Well, what now? I'd like to have a lil g2g in HSV or Birmingham. What are the tracks down there? 1/8th mile is cool with me, assfault, concrete, tarmac, gravel, sand, snow, whatever's clever...

OK we will moe the meet to differnt parts of europe and africa and do our own WRC how does this strike you? do able? I'll look into cost to reansporting our cars over seas
lmao....my hubby said earlier that if we were to have overseas cars that are fixed up come over here, we'd be screwed..cause ours aint got $hyt on theirs, lmao!!!!!

OK we will moe the meet to differnt parts of europe and africa and do our own WRC how does this strike you? do able? I'll look into cost to reansporting our cars over seas

who's paying?
Dude, Joe, I've been looking around on ebay all day for a good rally beater. I've narrowed it down to a Geo Metro 3-cylinder 5-speed or a first gen Eclipse GSX......Rally drivers do it sideways...

who's paying?

I believe we all agreed that phil and you would be covering the costs
Yeah, didn't you see that thread? There was a poll and everything...
does money grow on trees?

why yes I believe it does... being that money is made from papaer and paper comes form trees soooo yes money does grow on trees

why yes I believe it does... being that money is made from papaer and paper comes form trees soooo yes money does grow on trees

so you have money trees huh?

yep don't you guys?

yep don't you guys?

Yeah really, Kim. What the crap are you talking about?

yep don't you guys?

Yeah really, Kim. What the crap are you talking about?

money trees and no I don't have any
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/19/03 06:09 AM
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/19/03 10:52 PM
What about making an Autocross track? I have some layouts that we could use. Only thing is finding place to do it... without getting jacked!!!

And since I will have my new tranny all good a broke in (that is the time period that passes after you loss the feeling that something is going to brake!!!), so I am game for some running!!!

Oh yeah! And since you guys are making like lepricons over there with your money trees, how `bout bringing a few roots our way. We will grow them in the back room!!!
You know, Phil, that's a damn good idea! Someone in the area needs to scope out a good place to have it...
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/20/03 04:33 AM
Plus, with all the road construction they have going on up there, we should be able to "borrow" more then enough cones too!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Meet in huntsville 4th of july weekend? - 05/20/03 04:47 AM
Plus, with all the road construction they have going on up there, we should be able to "borrow" more then enough cones too!!

I have always thought about that!

Better yet: just leave 'em there and we can run through them like a big ass slalom course!! I've done that before on the freeway one night; it's three lanes wide and there was a row of barrels lining down the middle of the middle lane. No traffic = slippy slippy for Eric!
© CEG Archives