Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Okay, this is an event we Contours CANNOT miss. On June 7, 2003 there is a Fun Ford Weekend in Gainesville, FL. It would be great if all the Contours could make it out here, including me. I'm still trying to get the days off! I think this would be great for the Central and Northern CEGers to all meet (the southies if they're willing to drive!!)

Check out Fun Ford Events for more show info!!
I'm THERE!
w3rd
i'm down!!!
seeya there, I'll be representing the "old man" contingant.

Jim
Lets go guys, if there was ever a meet to ACTUALLY do this is it! There is plenty of time to plan so lets do this.

Do I hear any Tampa boys revn'?

Eric
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:

Eric

rev...rev...
WOW...quick responses!! I like. i think this meet will be great. make sure everyone passes the word. Even to the Focus peeps.
I will probably be there . I havent missed a meet yet and dont plan on starting with this one. Hopefully I will have my svt kit finished by then and maybe a rebuilt system .

Hey andre do you still have a copy of the flyer we received from the WGV sho for this meet in Gainesville? I cant find mine.
Originally posted by quickSVT:

Eric

rev...rev...

is that a yes?
Alright already. I'll start out the call for Tampa Contours now. Whats the date and do you "southern" Fl guys want to meet along the way and arrive "en masse"?
June 7th and Yes we want to meet for the ride up.

eric
you guys this is a 2 day event. we need to coordinate what day we are all gonna go!
SAT... for me if not both days.
im there if i can get my car looking right by then need to get it painted and some rims
drerok
FlechaAutoSports
I-BCruzen
importKLLR
jthursby
quicksvt (better come )
Imaoatmy95gl
Ryno368 (come on mods )
Citation

well that sounds like a good roster so far!! SAT would be the best day for this meet! Registration is $30-$40. Don't let this discourage you...do it for the 'tours!!
I'm in for sure.

Hope I have time to do some more mods! My svt motor mounts should be coming soon, and i am gonna have to do some other maintanence things to.!!
yeah we'll get a big Jacksonville Caravan goin down there!
i guess i'm the only one from Orlando!!
damn shame!
NO dude your supposed to gather them up and ride up together!!! Rich, you need to get Orlando organized like we got J-ville!!
i guess this is it.
bro, i've tried to get Orlando peeps together, they just don't wanna meet!
You know, it figures something like this would happen just before I was scheduled to come down that way.

My hub, kids, and I are scheduled to be in Moultrie, Ga for a family reunion on June 21st, then down to Florida......one frickin hour from Gainsville, to visit for a few days. THAT SUCKS.
That's kewl...i think we got a good amount of 'tours commin out! as long as everyone come out!!
we'll see, more then likely most of the people will back out a couple of days before the show, just like the last FFW we got together!
but i'll be there!
Hey imprtkllr, This is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you sold your headers? I tried emailing you but got no response, and was wondering if they're still available. Thx
drerok
FlechaAutoSports
I-BCruzen
importKLLR
jthursby
quicksvt (better come )
Imaoatmy95gl
Ryno368 (come on mods )
Citation
FLCEGKID
drerok
FlechaAutoSports
I-BCruzen
importKLLR
jthursby
quicksvt (better come )
Lmaoatmy95gl
Ryno368 (come on mods )
Citation
FLCEGKID

Same person
damn I thought we had one more person..
My bad on getting your hopes up.
The schedule for events is as follows:

Friday, June 6, 2003
Open Gates...10:00am
Vendor Setup, Pit Parking, Tech Inspection...10:00am-4:00pm
Tech Inspection...10:00am-4:00pm
Test & Tune (Optional, additional charge)...10:00am-4:00pm
Showdown Qualifying (Round 1)...4:00pm
Track Closed...6pm

Saturday, June 7, 2003
Open Gates...7:00am
Participant Registration...8:00am-12:00pm
Tech Inspection...8:00am-12:00pm
Time Trials...9:00am-11:30am
Gallop for Gold (Optional)...11:30am
Showdown Qualifying (Round 2)...12:00pm
Begin Bracket Eliminations...1:00pm
True Street Cruise...2:00pm
Showdown Qualifying (Round 3)...2:00pm
Car Show Judging...2:00pm
True Street Elimination Runs...3:30pm
Car Show Awards Presentations...4:00pm
Showdown Eliminations (Rd 1, all classes with 32 or more entries - Optional)...5:00pm
Track Closed...7:00pm

Sunday, June 8, 2003
Open Gates...8:00am
RFC Services...8:30am
Participant Registration...8:00am-11:00am
Tech Inspection (Bracket Classes)...8:00am-11:00am
Time Trials...9:00am-11:00am
True Street Awards Presentations...10:00am
Begin Showdown Eliminations...11:00am
Begin Bracket Classes Eliminations...12:00pm
Car Show Judging...2:00pm
Car Show Awards Presentation...4:00pm
Track Closed...6:00pm

So what day(s) are we going to do this. Trying to work out the details so I know how many days to take off from work.I already have the 7th off but I was just making sure about the 6th or 8th.

Andre make sure you tryto get ahold of john and anyone that you know with a tour in jax. Which reminds me i saw a red svt on JTB today.I will try to get Will and Cameron to come along but sees alil iffy about their apperence.

I hope to see everyone out there. Yeah its our first big FL meet in a long time.
i'll be there just for Saturday, i hope we can get a decent turnout!
but i wonder, noone from Orlando or Gainsville is goin but me, !!!WHY!!!!
derok: are the jacksonville drivers meeting somewhere? or does everyone arrive on their own?

btw.. Cruzn = I-BCruzn
The meet will be for Saturday the 7th! For all j-ville/orange park, we will prolly all ride down there together. Not sure on the meet place yet. Prolly near my house becuase I'm close to 301 or we may go up Blanding BLVD. towards Camp Blanding. We'll prolly be following my dad.
Okay Tampa area people. I'll get this started. On Saturday I will be at the Cracker Barrel on State road 54 North of Tampa @ 6AM. I'll eat and wait till 7AM. Then I'm gone. Anybody wants to convoy up there with me meet there. At 6 if your hungry.

Jim
Posted By: BDR Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/19/03 06:57 PM
Central FL CEG SUCKS!
let see who really gonna go!!
Originally posted by jthursby:
Okay Tampa area people. I'll get this started. On Saturday I will be at the Cracker Barrel on State road 54 North of Tampa @ 6AM. I'll eat and wait till 7AM. Then I'm gone. Anybody wants to convoy up there with me meet there. At 6 if your hungry.

Jim

I'll probably be meetin you there..

eric
Posted By: BDR Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/20/03 05:33 PM
list of who's goin?
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/20/03 05:42 PM
1. drerok
2. FlechaAutoSports
3. I-BCruzen
4. importKLLR
5. jthursby
6. quicksvt (better come )
7. Ryno368 (come on mods )
8. Citation
9. FLCEGKID

10. maybe...John and his bro(Silver SVT)
11. maybe...Ian(Silver SVT)
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/20/03 06:37 PM
Originally posted by drerok:
1. drerok
2. FlechaAutoSports
3. I-BCruzen
4. importKLLR
5. jthursby
6. quicksvt (better come )
7. Ryno368 (come on mods )
8. Citation
9. FLCEGKID

10. maybe...John and his bro(Silver SVT)
11. maybe...Ian(Silver SVT)

12. Maybe cameron.... (black svt)
Posted By: BDR Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/20/03 08:25 PM
well we already got 1 frontin!!!
quicksvt ain't goin!!
Posted By: quickSVT_dup1 Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 05/20/03 08:46 PM
Originally posted by imprtKLLR:
well we already got 1 frontin!!!
quicksvt ain't goin!!

sorry fellas...dont mean to be FRONTIN DAWGS.... but i have reserve duty that weekend....uncle sam wont let me go...lol

besides..i remember what happened the last time we tried to get a meet.....all those name on that list....youll be lucky to see half....
I am from Orlando myself, go Mickey right? haha! I'll want to head there myself. Caravans are a great idea. All cruise up there together. Anyone from Orlando as well?
i'm from orange city actually, but i post orlando since 99% of people dont know where the hell oc is. i'll ride up with someone , just don't go to fast, ic an't keep up. get me on AIM @ GermanBiscuits
i bumped in to a future CEG on the road today, will probably be rollin out there with me!
WannabeSVT your more then welcome to caravan with us!!

u are just gunna nag my ass till i go.. :/
Originally posted by WannaBe-SVT:
u are just gunna nag my ass till i go.. :/

YUP! GO go go go!!!
fine, if im not doing anything with my girlfriend, ill go. but i gotta follow someone up there or i'll probably end up in canada
You guys totally suck!!!! No!!! I live in Gainesville and could so easily make it to this but Cougarbash in Orlando is the same day, man this sucks..

Even thought I got a coug I would still love to come, but oh well.
sorry, i believe no mercurys are allowed at a Fun Ford Event.
a mercury is a ford!
a mercury is a ford!

So can I bring my Lincoln? Wait...two things wrong here...1) I can't make it...B) I don't have a Lincoln. Well, I guess I'll have to stick to entering my Honda lawnmower at NOPI. That'll be my only competition this summer.
yes it is...nevermind. cuz i've been to some ford shows and only FORD name cars were allowed...yes mercs are allowed at FFE
i guess im going... maybe bringing the girl. but im definately getting lost. so i'll be there by 5 am the NEXT day.
This is gonna be a great turn out....NOW, HAS EVERYONE REGISTERED their car yet??
Nope. How do I register?

Jim
hey imprtkllr, i may be talked into going, sounds like fun. and im new to the scene and would like to meet some ceg'ers . anyway im in ocala and im sure most of you southern guys (tampa?) would be coming right thru here on I-75. maybe i can meet up with you? anyway, let me know. sounds like a lot of fun. and how do you register (and is it a per person or per car charge, my dad likes cars and im sure i could talk him into going)?? let me know, i dont want to miss out on all the fun
so i checked prices, spectator fee is only $20 for one day. car show is $30. is everyone going for the car show? my car is stock, so i dont know why i would do that (or maybe im missing something?). if thats what everyone else is doing, then i will to so we can stay in a group or whatever. details people, details. lastly, do we have to pay/register before or can we pay when we get there? thanks
don't worry bro i'm not entering the show either!
OH great! my new bumper won't be painted in time. The freakin body shop is backed up! Well maybe i can drive down there and just meet all you guys outside of the show or something.
you better not drive all the way in there not and not go in!
Anyone want to stop in Ocala? I know you guys in Orlando and Tampa are coming up on I-75, I can meet you right by the exit (maybe the SR 200 exit?). I know everyone wants to get up there early, as do I, so I can just wait at one of the gas stations right by the highway so it will only be like a 5 min stop. I just dont want to go by myself, ya know? Hit me back. late

p.s. if we are just paying the spectator fee, can we pay at the door??
heh, i need to meet someone on the way up....
I'm coming up from Ft. Myers I-75
Cool, well if you guys want to meet up in good old Ocala, I will let you know what exit (sr 200 or HW 27 or something). I will find out the exit numbers and let you know. I have gone to gator nationals a couple of times so I kinda know where to go, I will look it up and get solid directions. If you guys could get here early enough, we could meet for breakfast here. Just let me know how early you could be in Ocala and I will make plans. I would love to roll up there with a group of CEG'ers. Anyway, let me know if you could be here in the morning at a decent time, and if we could coordinate a group of people to meet here at the same time that would be awesome. The more the better, bring it on. I will post after getting a few answers, late.
no FFW for me now
Fine then. . . I will just go by myself, whatever. Tampa CEG'ers and imprtkllr, you are letting me down. I know you are coming thru here, but if you dont want to meet someone new thats cool, whatever. . . . . . .
hey i'm goin out there on Friday, spendin the night at a freinds house. but i'm pretty sure Flecha and the peeps comin with him will stop at you exit to caravan!
Chalk up another for not showing . I still havent heard form the guy I was going to buy the svt rear bumper from so I doubt it would be here in time for the show anyways.I will be there just wont put my car in.
Im just giving you guys a hard time. If anyone wants to stop for sure just let me know, otherwise I will just look for something familiar when I get there. No big deal.
i just can't go unless people think it's "custom" to have huge dents all over your car and a smashed front end.
I feel yor pain wannabe-svt. I just lost control of my car and slid into a no parking sign . Luckily enough i used to yank the ebrake and do 180's so i knew somewhat how to steer when the back came out from behind me.

No major damage except some good size chunks takin out of my month old paint job on my svt front . And i need a new radiator and a/c cooler i think it is.

So it looks like i will not make this show . sorry to disappoint people but i am in need of replacing my engine wiring harnes now, as it was the reason i lost control.
you guys need to stop bulls#!tin and go!
it always happens like this, the closer we get to the show the more people start backing out!
I'll probably be driving up Real early saturday morning.
you guys need to stop bulls#!tin and go!
it always happens like this, the closer we get to the show the more people start backing out!

Read my previous post. I'm still going according to the original plan. The guy in Ocala, Fletch and myself will meet you in Ocala. We should be rolling thru around 7:30. PM me your cell number and I'll call for the meetup.

Jim
i'm gonna be there on Friday homey!!
so you guys can meet up with me!
so wats up guys, who's goin, this is the week of the show, lets see who backin out!
im going, i will meet the guys in ocala who want to go. imrtkllr, we can meet you too, just let us know whre. i still plan on going. anyway, cant wait to see you guys there. pm me (besides eric, i know your goin') if you want to meet up. let me know your # and i will call. late!!!

p.s. can we pay the spectator fee at the door????
if soe mirical happens nd i get my car fixed in time , i will be there hopefully. nothing i can do working on my car by myself and not having an extra set of working hands.
okay guys...i'll be there. i don't think anyone is going to show there car though which is aight...i need to try and buy those parts from you rich!!
Rich..

it won't be the same!
I went Saturday, waited till 7:20 at the cracker barrel and drove up by myself. Fletch didn't show. Didn't see a single tour in the parking lot either. Did get to run all the way back to Tampa with a piss-yellow Focus though.

Jim
Anyone got pics?

Sorry i couldnt go but my car is still sitting dead in the driveway till i get the bumper back from the shop and figer out why my battery keeps dying.
LOL im not going anywhere til my bodykit is installed , my car looks just AWFUL !!
I'm THERE!

LOL you are ? ........I should have went then you would have ...O well
I went and took pics. I dont know how to post them though. I drove all thru the parking lot and saw one other contour. Sorry that I couldnt meet up with anyone there or on the way, something came up and I wasnt sure I was going to make it. I didnt want to leave someone sitting there all morning if I didnt go. I DID THOUGH. Anyway, it was pretty cool. Some extremely fast mustangs. There was also a 302 v-8 powered focus. That was pretty sweet. Im going to try to post pics soon.
send them to me ill post them
Posted By: quickSVT_dup1 Re: Roll call for G-ville FFW meet! - 06/08/03 09:30 PM
Originally posted by quickSVT:
....i remember what happened the last time we tried to get a meet.....all those name on that list....youll be lucky to see half....

damn, thats funny.....not really... wow, even less than half showed up. thats just piss poor......florida ceg needs to get its act together.

so no pics?
Im using 56k right now, I am waiting for our dsl to be back online. Just to vent, I HATE DIALUP!!!!

I will send them as soon as I can do so under 10 hours. Sorry for the wait.
© CEG Archives