Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: unisys12 Who's Staying Over for the Nashville Meet? - 03/06/03 02:27 PM
Ok! My wife checked into the EconoLodge and we will need to be able to verify at least 10 rooms to even talk discount for Huntsville. So far, we know that 1)Heather, 2)my wife and I, & 3)Neal are the only ones that I know of right now that are staying in Huntsville Friday night. So let's see a show of hands on who else will be staying at the EconoLodge.

As of right now we have 10 rooms reserved for the nights of the 25th and 26th at $34.00 a night for 2 people. There will be 5 rooms with two queen beds and 5 with one king bed. If you will only be staying one night let me know. We have not signed a contract on these yet, it is in the mail, and can be adjusted within the next 10 days. We will need info like smoking or non-smoking, one bed or two, how many nights and of course First and Last names. Information on deposit will come after everyone has forwarded me the information above and I sign the contract, which should be with the next 10 days.

Oh yeah, We got the sign! All I have to do is call the hotel in Huntsville with what we want it to say. Should we put "Welcome CEGer's" or "Welcome Contour Enthusiast Group!". They will probably want us to go with CEGer's because it is smaller, but we got it non the less.

If you are wondering why we reserved the rooms for two nights is because I know that some had said that they did not want to stay in two different hotels during the weekend, but mostly because this way we will know the rooms are there and not have to hurry up and book a room before hand. Like I said, these rooms are not going anywhere. At least until I sign the contract.

It seems that planning for Nashville, on that following Saturday, is really taking off and it seems that an extra day might be in the works. doccs98svt was checking into hotel accomidations off of I-65, so please post here or PM doc for your accomidations. Some of you might want to stay up in Nashville Saturday night because I think Sunday will include some serious traveling, so to save on gas it might be smarter to stay in Nashville Saturday night.
I will be staying. And I'll PM you with my information. Also, if we don't get 10, do we just call them up and book on our own?

We got a sign! LOL
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
I will be staying. And I'll PM you with my information. Also, if we don't get 10, do we just call them up and book on our own?

We got a sign! LOL

Staying in Nashville?
Just to clarify, these rooms that I have reserved are for Huntsville only. Like I said, doccs98svt will be handling Nashville.

I will check into what will happen if we do not get 10 rooms. They stated that all terms and conditions would be in the contract that they are mailing me today.
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
Originally posted by GLChick'95:

We got a sign! LOL

Staying in Nashville?

**Slapping forehead*** Duh! Yeah..sorry. I will be staying in Huntsville. Just talked to my friend and she is coming! Woohoo! See ya'll there..but I'm sure we'll continue talking about it for the next 50 days (and counting ).
A little update on the room situation for Huntsville....

We will find out in the morning about deposit information. Will update everyone on that then.

As for room rates... The rate that we have right now is about $10 dollars off the standard, but we can do better. What we are going to do is ask for online prices. This will take the two person rooms down around 32 bucks a night and a single person room down to around 30 bucks. We should still be able to get this price even if we do not have 10 rooms, but it does give us more leverage. I have some PM's to get out, to see if some are still coming. As of right now, it is looking good though.

Also, just to let everyone know, it will not matter if you want one or two beds. The prices will be the same. All rooms have data ports (that is a fancy way of saying that the room has an extra phone line for us laptop toatin' folks!), fridges and of course 25" TV. Yes they are color too! I tell ya I went all out on this one guys. Ok! My wife set this up, not me.

Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.
Originally posted by unisys12:
A little update on the room situation for Huntsville....

We will find out in the morning about deposit information. Will update everyone on that then.

As for room rates... The rate that we have right now is about $10 dollars off the standard, but we can do better. What we are going to do is ask for online prices. This will take the two person rooms down around 32 bucks a night and a single person room down to around 30 bucks. We should still be able to get this price even if we do not have 10 rooms, but it does give us more leverage. I have some PM's to get out, to see if some are still coming. As of right now, it is looking good though.

Also, just to let everyone know, it will not matter if you want one or two beds. The prices will be the same. All rooms have data ports (that is a fancy way of saying that the room has an extra phone line for us laptop toatin' folks!), fridges and of course 25" TV. Yes they are color too! I tell ya I went all out on this one guys. Ok! My wife set this up, not me.

Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.

This is excellent!!!

We need to stay on top of this! Phillip and I talked about this last nite. All we really need to do in this thread is to work out the people that are coming to stay in Huntsville so that Phil and his wife can get this concrete.

So remember, if you don't help them out...you may be sleeping in your car...

This thread's ONLY function is for reservation and hotel info!

If you have an activities question go to the Nashville date thread.

At this point we need a definitive head count to start with. There is also a matter of fundage (is that a word?) that Phillip can go over about the standard hotel stuff like deposits and such.

Heather, I need you to contact the NECO guys and see if they have posted in their forum or will post and they need to make sure to get a list to us here.

Guys remember to thank Phil and his wife for getting the rooms when you get a chance.

The countdown continues.

Thanks for making the whole weekend one to remember!

REMEMBER TO CHECK IN HERE!
Next post will have a form you can edit.
Just click quote and edit the quote with the required info

L8R
Rich
CHECK IN FORM

CEG Screenname:

How many beds?

How many coming with you?

Will they be in the same room?

PM sent to who with your contact info?
1. Richard - sosaudio1?
2. Phillip - Unisys12?
3. Both

Once we receive your contact info, Phillip and I will compare PM's to make sure everyones info is accounted for and then we will pour the concrete in to solidify your reservations. The contact info will also help us in case you are late, broke down, lost, etc. So that we can help you if an emergency should arise.

Thanks
Rich
For those of us staying in Huntsville Friday and/or Saturday night! Update!

Room rates are as follows...

Single Room (one person) will cost $30.00 a night
Double Room (two people) will cost $34.00 a night

These prices are under current online prices...

Current online prices as of right now are $36.95 and $43.95, respectively. We are getting a group rate, which is why it is lower then online prices. After we guarantee these rooms we can still get lower rates, if you see that the price has went down online, below the price we have right now, then let us know and Kim can request that we get that new rate. Yes she has done it before.

Bear in mind that these rooms are booked for two nights. We did this, so that those who want to stay two nights can and those that will not, need to let us know so that we can adjust your registration. It will make no difference in the price of the room.

Deposit will be $18.00 for each room. All 10 rooms are reserved as of right now. To guarantee the rooms, we will have to pay the deposit. Now this is why it will be so important for everyone that is staying in Huntsville to let us know ASAP, because after my wife and I find out how many will be staying, we will pay the deposits on all rooms in one lump sum after collecting the deposits. Also, the deposit is taken off the price of your room so that is a plus.

As of this morning, we have 10 rooms reserved, 5 rooms with 1 bed and 5 rooms with 2 beds. All I need now is to find out who else will be staying so that we can move foward with everyone else. Don't worry about sending deposits yet! I will let everyone know when the time comes.

To answer the question, "what happens if we don't have 10 people?". It will not be a problem. The room rates will be the same even if it is just the three of us.

The sign!!! Dude do we have a sign. Kim confirmed with the hotel in Huntsville this morning the avaliablity of the sign. The sign will read, "Welcome Contour Enthusiast Group!" Below that, "www.contour.org". Talk about some serious representing!! Way to go Kim!!

Anway! As of right now I think that is about it. Just waiting on everyone else to get in touch with me here or by PM with your information. We still have just over a month until the meet and I hate to sound like I am rushing everyone. I am not trying to. I just want us to have all this taken care of before hand. Of course we can adjust as needed up until the 10th of April.

This is gonna be so much damn fun!!
Originally posted by Kim:

(Kim the wife) If anyone has any problems with the hotel while we are there, please let me know and I will take care of it. If some one needs a room who did not tell me in advance after we get there let me know and I will try to get you a room at the group rate like every one else.

Oh yeah I asked about the outdoor pool and they said that weather permitting it will be open... BRING YOUR SWIMSUITS!!! OH beleive me we will be dunkin folks in it I swear, rather your asleep or not......
wouldn't we love to see every one in a bathing suit...
don't take it personally guys I just like having fun
thanks
Kim

I take no responsiblity to what was said in the quote above. I just want to make that clear to everyone right now!
Got the contract in the mail today. Everything is set! We have everything worked out. So if you know of anyone that will be coming to Huntsville on the 25th and will need a room, send them to me and I will get them set-up with whatever they will need. As far as the room goes anyway!

Here is the list of rates as stated in the contract on a per night basis (we currently have all rooms reserved to two nights, but let me know how long you will be staying and we can change it)...

Doubles - with up to 4 guests per room
2 guests - $34 + tax of $4.40 = $38.40
3 guests - $38 + tax of $4.80 = $42.80
4 guests - $42 + tax of $5.20 = $47.20

Single - with up to 2 guests per room
1 guest - $30 + tax of $4.00 = $34.00
2 guest - $34 + tax of $4.40 = $38.40

So far we have 3 singles and 4 doubles left open. Check in time is 3 o'clock. We asked and they told us that we could not check in any sooner, so those of us planning on getting into Huntsville before three will have to hang at Rich's house (man I hope you are off work that day! ) or take that chance to go grab a few things for your stay. You can of course check in after 3. Signed contract is not due back until April 15th, but I would still like to get everyones rooms set up by the 10th if possible. And of course changes can be made up until the 15th.

Also, just to reiderate a few things so that they are clear to everyone... we do not have to have all 10 rooms full to get this rate. If the number goes up or down, it does not matter, the rate will stay the same. If you notice a lower price quoted online at this hotel, please let me know and I will get us that rate or lower. Right now we are still below online prices! These prices will not go up, but can come down if we catch them at a lower rate.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!
Thanks Phil!

You guys are really on top of this... All of you staying here, the rooms are found, you guys need to make sure you keep letting us all know about what you need. We want to make sure you are taken care of BUT in order to do that, we need to know your requirements.

I will not let Phil take all this on himself so again, follow the above instructions, fill out the forms and please give contact info. We need to make sure that if there is a problem, there is a way to call you, we also need a number in case of emergencies and you become incapacitated and we need to get a hold of someone right away.

L8R
Rich
I think I might be getting a single!
Hector, if you find that you will be needing one, just give me a holla in a PM and I will hook you up.

I thought you and Joe was staying at his sisters house? This wouldn't have anything to do with... I mean, not that I am insinuating.... Oh nevermind! However things turn out, just shoot me a PM. We still have plenty of rooms left right now, so you have until April 10th to make sure.

Thanks Rich. I just noticed when looking over the contract this afternoon and saw that they got the name of the group wrong. They had CED instead of CEG! We have to call in the morning and get that straightend out, but it's no big deal. The managment at the hotel seems really cool and easy going. Not real sure how they would take a crashed pool party late saturday afternoon after returning from Nashville. Should not be a problem as long as no one jumps off the roof tops or anything!
I thought you and Joe was staying at his sisters house? This wouldn't have anything to do with... I mean, not that I am insinuating.... Oh nevermind!

that's news to me... last we talked about it he was staying at my sister's too.
Originally posted by ContourZetec:
I thought you and Joe was staying at his sisters house? This wouldn't have anything to do with... I mean, not that I am insinuating.... Oh nevermind!

that's news to me... last we talked about it he was staying at my sister's too.

I was thinking Friday and Saturday night at the hotel. I'm still driving down with you Joe.
The managment at the hotel seems really cool and easy going. Not real sure how they would take a crashed pool party late saturday afternoon after returning from Nashville. Should not be a problem as long as no one jumps off the roof tops or anything!

Aww man! And I was really looking forward to jumping from the roof.
Originally posted by LocoChick'95:

I never said you couldn't. I did it once a long time ago and swore, once I made it to the surface again, I would never do it again.

I never said you couldn't. I did it once a long time ago and swore, once I made it to the surface again, I would never do it again.

I have jumped from roofs.

Originally posted by maybefast:

I am not called LoCo for nothing.
Originally posted by maybefast:

I am not called LoCo for nothing.

just reinforces the need to get all your contact info...this is looking like a bad insurance commercial...LOL

L8R
Rich
heeellllloooooo
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
heeellllloooooo

HI
Rich you need to hop pn AIM or something once and a while... got a few questions to ask ya.
Hey Phil, do you have any more information on when we need to send you the money for the deposit? Juuuusst wonderin'.
Heather, are you a mind reader or something? I just came online to mention that. Hector, you better watch out man!

I will PM those that have sent me room info very soon, besides Heather. It looks like we will not be filling all ten rooms in Huntsville, so come Monday Kim will call the hotel and let them know. This means that the deposit will go down!

I wanted to let everyone know so that if there is someone that needs a room, they really need to speak up!!

I will be sending out PM's to those that said that they will be coming and staying once again. I will only give everyone a few days to lock everything in so please, SPEAK UP if you plan on staying in Huntsville.

There does not seem to be much interest in staying in Nashville, so doc stated that until there is he was going to hold off on setting that up until there was some shown. Please, if you want to sleep over in Nashville, let him know! If you want to sleepover in Huntsville, please let me know!
I just edited my sig to draw some more attention to this! Should have done it a long time ago, but I didn't! As soon as Chris adds the update thread with all the low down on the Nashville date, I will add it as well.
Heather, are you a mind reader or something? I just came online to mention that. Hector, you better watch out man!

I will PM those that have sent me room info very soon, besides Heather. It looks like we will not be filling all ten rooms in Huntsville, so come Monday Kim will call the hotel and let them know. This means that the deposit will go down!

I wanted to let everyone know so that if there is someone that needs a room, they really need to speak up!!

I will be sending out PM's to those that said that they will be coming and staying once again. I will only give everyone a few days to lock everything in so please, SPEAK UP if you plan on staying in Huntsville.

There does not seem to be much interest in staying in Nashville, so doc stated that until there is he was going to hold off on setting that up until there was some shown. Please, if you want to sleep over in Nashville, let him know! If you want to sleepover in Huntsville, please let me know!

Heather! NECO???? Do we know anything??? Four cars? Are they accounted for?

Ok so how many cars are coming Phil? Guys remember we need all your info PM'd to us so that we can make sure that everything goes good for ya!

L8R
Rich

How much for the deposit?
Hector, right now we are looking at $18. If we do not fill all ten rooms, after the contract is adjusted, the deposit will come down some.

Right now, I have only had one person (that being Heather) PM me any info. I am still waiting to hear from topgunz on the NECO guys. Better yet I will head over there to fastcougar and post to his thread about the rooms.
When do you need the $18?
Since I have not seen much interest in anymore rooms in Huntsville, I will get my wife to call tomorrow morning and adjust the amount of rooms we have reserved. This will cause the deposit price to go down some. The reason I want to wait before I start yelling for money from everyone is because if we adjust the amount of rooms now and the deposit goes down, get money from everyone, then have to add more rooms later for any late comers - the price of the deposit will go back up. I do not want to get this all screwed up, so be cool guys. You will all have a place to stay either way.

Like I said before, I have 10 rooms reserved and they are not going anywhere. They are ours. We can adjust the amount of rooms as needed until the 15th of next month.

Hector, do I need to go ahead and set you up for a single? If so, just PM the info that Rich laid out in the forum above and I will set you up first thing in the morning. You do not have to send any money right now.

The way we are going to work this is we will start asking for deposits around the last week of this month. That way it will give everyone a couple of weeks to get the money to me and still have a week for the contract/deposit sent to the hotel.

One more thing... I tried to log into fastcougar and was not able to so I couldn't post to topgunz post there. There has not been any replies, but thought that if I stated that I could hook everyone up with a room it might help. Oh well!
Well Kim got off the phone with the hotel this morning and I am not pleased at all. Since we have only 4 rooms right now, our rates have went sky high, along with the deposits!! I know that I said this would not happen and I meant it, but the hotel has changed it on us. Sorry, it is out of my hands. This really pisses me off!

The only way that we will be able to get the rates that I have outlined above, we must fill all ten rooms. There was a lot of interest in this and a good number of people staying over when all this was being planned and I am wondering where they have all went. I know that we can fill all ten rooms or at least close to it. A hell of a lot closer then 4.

Honestly, if we have only 4 rooms, we will basically get the online rate, which is only a buck or two short of the standard rate.

If everyone feels like there will be no one else interested in getting a room this way, which is way easier and at a way better rate, then I would think that we should just drop the idea and everyone book their own rooms individually.
How high is sky high? Should we call the hotel and book with them or online? Are they really firm on the regular price? Let me know if I have to book directly with them. That totally sucks that they did that..maybe I will find another place all together and not give them my business at all.

Thanks Phil for putting this together and taking the time. If you have the contract, does it say anywhere on there that you have to fill up all 10 rooms? If not, and you have it in writing, then you should be able to pay the rates stated in the contract.
Well Kim got off the phone with the hotel this morning and I am not pleased at all. Since we have only 4 rooms right now, our rates have went sky high, along with the deposits!! I know that I said this would not happen and I meant it, but the hotel has changed it on us. Sorry, it is out of my hands. This really pisses me off!

The only way that we will be able to get the rates that I have outlined above, we must fill all ten rooms. There was a lot of interest in this and a good number of people staying over when all this was being planned and I am wondering where they have all went. I know that we can fill all ten rooms or at least close to it. A hell of a lot closer then 4.

Honestly, if we have only 4 rooms, we will basically get the online rate, which is only a buck or two short of the standard rate.

If everyone feels like there will be no one else interested in getting a room this way, which is way easier and at a way better rate, then I would think that we should just drop the idea and everyone book their own rooms individually.

quote=LocoChick'95] How high is sky high? Should we call the hotel and book with them or online? Are they really firm on the regular price? Let me know if I have to book directly with them. That totally sucks that they did that..maybe I will find another place all together and not give them my business at all.

Thanks Phil for putting this together and taking the time. If you have the contract, does it say anywhere on there that you have to fill up all 10 rooms? If not, and you have it in writing, then you should be able to pay the rates stated in the contract.

What is high? I will send my deposit tomorrow if that helps any. Let me know.
I am sorry for getting everyone all worked up over this. I was just a little ticked off over all this. Heather, I read back through the contract and it did not state that if all the rooms were not filled the pricing would change. This was the manager of the hotel that told me this, so... Oh I could shoot myself right now.

Prices right now are $36 plus tax for a single per night and $40 plus tax for a double per night. This is only a few cents cheaper then online prices!!! So you can see why I got so upset. Oh and the deposit makes no sense. They raised the deposit to $47 per room!! That being for two nights.

Now! If we can get more rooms filled, the price of the rooms along with the deposit will come back down. I am willing to fight this so that we can get a better rate then this. It is not too late to even check with another hotel and I might just do that. If everyone would feel more comfortable just doing this themselves at this point, I can understand and I am very sorry about this. I will still be saying I am sorry to you guys when we get to Huntsville that Friday. But! If you want be to press forward and see if we can get some more people in this, I will be more then glad to do so. I really want this just as bad as everyone else.

Heather & Hector, as for deposits, don't send me any money right now. Like I said before, lets see where this goes before we do anything else.
$40 a night for a double isn't too bad. I was worried it would be more than that. Also, the $47 deposit is for BOTH nights, correct? And that will be deducted from the $80 for both nights, right? Did you mention to the manager that it wasn't in the contract that the rates would increase if the 10 rooms weren't filled? Phil, I appreciate all your hard work, man. I don't think there is anything else that is cheaper in the area--unfortunately. I remembered looking it up and most were $45 to $50 a night. So, $40 is good. Also, I'd rather be in the same hotel as everyone rather than have us all split up over town.

As for NECO, I PMed Kade today and heard back from him. He is still trying to go and also get some other people. More people means cheaper rooms.

Anyone else from AL, MS and LA thinking about going? It's going to be fun ya'll!
$40 a night for a double isn't too bad. I was worried it would be more than that. Also, the $47 deposit is for BOTH nights, correct? And that will be deducted from the $80 for both nights, right? Did you mention to the manager that it wasn't in the contract that the rates would increase if the 10 rooms weren't filled? Phil, I appreciate all your hard work, man. I don't think there is anything else that is cheaper in the area--unfortunately. I remembered looking it up and most were $45 to $50 a night. So, $40 is good. Also, I'd rather be in the same hotel as everyone rather than have us all split up over town.

Thanks! That really sets my mind at ease. I just knew that everyone was going to dunce me for all this.

Yes, whatever the deposit will finally be, will be for both nights. This is the deposit that you would normally pay with your credit card when reserving the room over the phone or online. And yes, it will be deducted from the total cost of the room.

As for NECO, I PMed Kade today and heard back from him. He is still trying to go and also get some other people. More people means cheaper rooms.

Very cool indeed. Glad the hear.

Anyone else from AL, MS and LA thinking about going? It's going to be fun ya'll!

Yes it is!!!!
I will send the money tommorrow. $47 right?
Yes. $47.
$40 is a great deal.I checked some Franklin motels today. From $62 to $85! Super-8 promised to get close to $45 for a 'group' but ask Phil how slippery that can get. Still if anyone's interested in Franklin accommodations PM me and I'll go further with it.
I mailed mine today, Phil!

Thanks Heather.

Thanks Heather.

Phil ROCKS!!!!

OK guys I have been busy as usual, I have tomorrow off so IF I get my check ontime, I HOPEFULLY will be putting a new o2 sensor in.

Heather...In your PM did you ask the NECO guys to post on the site??? This will help if they wanna come!

Phil, remember that list of names you gave me? Put all the names of the people you have on that list so that we can see who is and who isn't coming.

This will give us an idea of who we should PM directly.

Thanks guys...

L8R
Rich

Yeah you should be getting mine tomorrow or Saturday.

Heather...In your PM did you ask the NECO guys to post on the site??? This will help if they wanna come!

Yes. I asked Kade about posting on the NECO site.

BTW..good luck with the 02 sensor Rich. I hope that fixes the problem!

Yes. I asked Kade about posting on the NECO site.

BTW..good luck with the 02 sensor Rich. I hope that fixes the problem!

Good job! Yeah mee tooo! I still have the mod bug and it has been warm.....as soon as I get the o2 sensor in, if it fixes the problem...I may have to do some other mods...such as exhaust....

Keep ya posted
Rich
Phil, remember that list of names you gave me? Put all the names of the people you have on that list so that we can see who is and who isn't coming.

This will give us an idea of who we should PM directly.

Rich,

Well I sort of already did that a few weeks ago and have pretty much heard back from everyone except topgunz_1, but Heather took care of that for me. We will just have to wait and see.

Just for your reference though, here is what I did. I went back and scrolled through the first Nashville Meet post that Chris started long time ago, the updated thread where the date was changed and got the list of names from there. Here they are... It really isn't a lot

LoCoChick'95 (Heather) - Huntsville, Nashville / Room Set
LoCoZ2.0 (Hector) - " " / Room Set
ContourZetec (Joe) - " " / Staying with sister
bk4293 (Steve) - " " / Staying Somewhere Else
unisys12 (Phillip and Kim) - " " / Room Set
sosaudio1 (Rich) - " " / Homebound
skid123 (Neal) - " " / Room Set
ATL-SVT (Tim) - Nashville / Not Staying
JSUMoose1489 (Jarred) - Huntsville / Not Staying Over
willjed2 (unknown) - will not be able to make it
WR99SVT (unknown) - will not be able to make it
topgunz_1 (Kared) - Still making plans to make it, w/friends

That is about all I have. Have I missed someone??

LoCoChick'95 (Heather) - Huntsville, Nashville / Room Set =1
LoCoZ2.0 (Hector) - " " / Room Set =2
ContourZetec (Joe) - " " / Staying with sister
bk4293 (Steve) - " " / Staying Somewhere Else
unisys12 (Phillip and Kim) - " " / Room Set =3
sosaudio1 (Rich) - " " / Homebound
skid123 (Neal) - " " / Room Set =4
ATL-SVT (Tim) - Nashville / Not Staying
JSUMoose1489 (Jarred) - Huntsville / Not Staying Over
willjed2 (unknown) - will not be able to make it
WR99SVT (unknown) - will not be able to make it
topgunz_1 (Kared) - Still making plans to make it, w/friends

That is about all I have. Have I missed someone??

So that is 4 rooms of 10. We need to get that number up!

Let's recruit some more people. LOL!!! JSU Moose is actually from Jax AL...I thought he was staying...not sure....

Phil, ttt the thread at the NECO forum and tell them that we have room left and the opportunities there for them to come...They may...then they may not..anyone wanna check FocalJet? I may post on FCO as well but the SE forum on there is about dead.

Ok so that is getting us closer...and be sure to check the HSV thread so that I can make sure you get your directions to the house.

Thanks Phil

This is coming together nicely

Rich
Ok boys and girls. It is almost time to wrap this puppy up. I should be getting the last deposit in the mail in a few days.

As for NECO, I still have no idea and have not heard from anyone on that deal. So! I added a post to Kades thread on the subject that I have rooms avaliable and it seems that there is ZERO interest. I also posted in "Heart of Dixie", which is the Alabama forum and nothing so far. 5 people have looked at it, but that is it. I will only consider them as coming if I hear from someone there before the end of the month.

I have gotten money from Hector and Heather for their deposits (Thanks guys!). I talked to Neal today and he is sending his tomorrow. Kim and I have ours set aside so we are all go too. I am waiting to hear from the other SVT owner that I meet a few days ago, but I think he has started a new factory job and if you have every worked in a factory before you know how that can go. Throw being new in on top of that! Anyway, I will know for sure this weekend.

Other then that, I think that is about it. So it was not as many people staying as we once thought, but it was one heck of a try. I still think the tune out will be good, just seemed like we would have more people staying. It's all good though. Everything is still on if we have late comers though, so it is still no biggy.

I guess the only thing left is to show those yanks how to through a meet down southern style!! Hey guys, just one little bit of advice for ya! "BBQ sauce is a little slick on the steering wheel, so please use napkins."

P.S. When Kim talked to the manager today, she made sure about the sign and that he got the name right. The will read, Welcome Contour Enthusiasts Group. Then below that will be the web address. There might only be a few of us staying there, but will be representing all the way!!
Ok boys and girls. It is almost time to wrap this puppy up. I should be getting the last deposit in the mail in a few days.

As for NECO, I still have no idea and have not heard from anyone on that deal. So! I added a post to Kades thread on the subject that I have rooms avaliable and it seems that there is ZERO interest. I also posted in "Heart of Dixie", which is the Alabama forum and nothing so far. 5 people have looked at it, but that is it. I will only consider them as coming if I hear from someone there before the end of the month.

I have gotten money from Hector and Heather for their deposits (Thanks guys!). I talked to Neal today and he is sending his tomorrow. Kim and I have ours set aside so we are all go too. I am waiting to hear from the other SVT owner that I meet a few days ago, but I think he has started a new factory job and if you have every worked in a factory before you know how that can go. Throw being new in on top of that! Anyway, I will know for sure this weekend.

Other then that, I think that is about it. So it was not as many people staying as we once thought, but it was one heck of a try. I still think the tune out will be good, just seemed like we would have more people staying. It's all good though. Everything is still on if we have late comers though, so it is still no biggy.

I guess the only thing left is to show those yanks how to through a meet down southern style!! Hey guys, just one little bit of advice for ya! "BBQ sauce is a little slick on the steering wheel, so please use napkins."

P.S. When Kim talked to the manager today, she made sure about the sign and that he got the name right. The will read, Welcome Contour Enthusiasts Group. Then below that will be the web address. There might only be a few of us staying there, but will be representing all the way!!

Going to show us yanks a meet southern style? I have family in Mississippi and Tennesee.
Going to show us yanks a meet southern style? I have family in Mississippi and Tennesee.

so they are gonna have 10+ cars of their own in the front yard and none of them start and the BBq will be in the engine compartment of one or all of them
J/k just thinking of some of the jeff foxworthy you might be a redneck if... lines... not saying any of you all are rednecks or anything though, just my mind is wandering in and out from all the hours I have been working lately ooh well more toys for my car
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
just thinking of some of the jeff foxworthy you might be a redneck if... lines...

If you think BBQ sauce is an oil additive... You might be a redneck!!
ROTFLMAO
Well this will rock anyway! Be praying for Laura's mom...she lives next door, site of the BBQ, she went into ICU tonight, she is on a ventilator so we are on pins and needles. We will still do the event unless something else happens, we may move it depending again...so heads up!

Just send out a prayer...

New email addy too. It is sosaudio1@earthlink.net

L8R
Rich
That sucks. Hope she gets better.
I will pray for her.
You know my prayers are with you and Laura. I hope everything turns out okay.
Phillip! Just wanted to let you know I sent my money for the hotel off Thursday afternoon. So look for it Monday probably. Can't wait til the meet guys!

-Neal
Guys, don't let Neal fool ya!

Does this look "beat-up" to you? This car is awsome!

Just wait until we mesh the grills and clear his corners!

Have you heard back from Terry H about the Focus shifter? OH! You know the guy with the 98.5 T-Red SVT, Jason, I meshed his lower front grill and it looks sweeeett!! He wants me to put some side markers on his next.
that pic was pre-dialy driver. It's different now, rolled over 60k today! It's killin me.

Call me tomorrow morning around 10-11 a.m. We have things we need to discuss. Later.

-Neal
sure looks like a POS SVT to me
better take her to the bone yard while they will still be able to give you something for the scrap metal.
Hey, I like it! Cool to know you are making it!

Thanks for the prayers!!!!!!

We thank you!!!! Tomorrow is a big day. They are taking her off the respirator to see if she her lungs are strong enough.....I saw her tonight, I have said to some of you, it was scary stuff....She is a Christian and has that assurance so either way it will be good. Just pray that we can be strong enough to accept whatever happens.

Keep praying!!!!

Thanks!

I will keep you posted....somehow....either directly or indirectly.

oh and the CEL came back...same problem...hmmmm is the cat's days are numbered.

L8R
Rich
sure looks like a POS SVT to me
better take her to the bone yard while they will still be able to give you something for the scrap metal.

ROTFLMA! I will call ya around 10a.m. It's not anything I did was it? I thought I got all the bolts tight man!? j/k

Rich... We are there for ya dude. Like I said, feel free to call anytime you like if things get tough or you just want to take a break or for whatever reason. I will call you in a few if I don't see you around.
Just a quick update for everyone that sent me money. I will be getting the money order today and mailing it off tomorrow.

I have made some last minute adjustments for Heather. If there are any others that would like adjustments, please let me know. If not... then everything will be finalized as of tomorrow morning. Kim will call the hotel and let them know that the deposit money is in mail with the contract and let them know of any last minute changes anyone might have.

Thanks to everyone that took part in this. Maybe next time we can get more people in, but either way... I had a lot of fun dealing with eveyone on this and look forward doing it again.
So the update:

Laura's mom is good she is a freaking trooper. They reduced the ventilator work down to 3% as of Monday night and everything was go. Get this 5am Tues morning and she is awake and alert but you know, groggy. She has had enough of the tubes.....so......she....pulls them out! LOLOLOL Actually she pulled them up to a point where the doctors felt that it would be more work to try to reset them so they took the tubes out all the way.

Everything looks good keep praying that she will continue to mend and make sure you bring some thankyou card or "glad you are on the mend" something because she is helping with the meet....we are having the BBQ in her backyard and in my frontyard. They join. So hey, if you wanna bring some card for her cool! Call her "Mom", give her a hug and tell her thanks for letting us hang out at her place and park on her grass.

I will give more updates if need be...

THANKS EVERYONE!!! CEG is becoming like another extension of family for me and we really appreciate it...so this meet will be a great time for us to thankyou for praying and thinking about her and I am sure she would like to say "Thanks" too.

You guys rock!

Thanks for the support!

Hollar if I can help you guys out!

L8R
Rich
One more thing

There is another event happening in HSV on the 25-27th called "Panoply - Festival of the Arts". It is cool, live bands food, arts and crafts...that could also be factored in somewhere in the weekend...

L8R
Rich
Just wanted to let everyone know that the money was sent off today for the rooms. Everything is set and taken care of. Sign will be up also. The only thing we will be missing is one of those talking M&M's on our pillow. Man how cool would that be?!
Just wanted to let everyone know that the money was sent off today for the rooms. Everything is set and taken care of. Sign will be up also. The only thing we will be missing is one of those talking M&M's on our pillow. Man how cool would that be?!

Hey...as long as he drives a contique we will get along just fine!

"The milk choclate melts...." Oh wait maybe this is not a good idea...

L8R
Rich

Hey...as long as he drives a contique we will get along just fine!

"The milk choclate melts...." Oh wait maybe this is not a good idea...

L8R
Rich

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/17/03 01:28 PM
My wife is currently on the phone securing rooms for some of you that have stated that you will be coming to the meet.

Please let me know if you are planning on staying in Huntsville guys. We secured two more rooms, one for Mark (Trapps) for check in on Thursday night and one for Tourman for a check in of Friday night. Rates will be the same as everyone else with singles, $40.60 per night after tax. You guys do not have to send any money to the hotel right now. You can pay them when you get there. Be sure to tell the front desk that your are with CEG and you have a room under the name of Kim Jackson.

**NOTE** Remember that if we get back up to 10 rooms, our rates will go back down to 30 bucks a night!!

Any other takers...??? Come on!! You know you want to come!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/17/03 05:17 PM
My wife is currently on the phone securing rooms for some of you that have stated that you will be coming to the meet.

Please let me know if you are planning on staying in Huntsville guys. We secured two more rooms, one for Mark (Trapps) for check in on Thursday night and one for Tourman for a check in of Friday night. Rates will be the same as everyone else with singles, $40.60 per night after tax. You guys do not have to send any money to the hotel right now. You can pay them when you get there. Be sure to tell the front desk that your are with CEG and you have a room under the name of Kim Jackson.

**NOTE** Remember that if we get back up to 10 rooms, our rates will go back down to 30 bucks a night!!

Thanks for the update. I got a room secured!
Sounds good Phil! I wish we could get up to 10 room and get it back down to $30, but $40 after tax isn't bad. See ya'll there!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/18/03 03:54 AM
Sounds good Phil! I wish we could get up to 10 room and get it back down to $30, but $40 after tax isn't bad. See ya'll there!!

I would love to come down to Huntsville, but seeing as how I live in K-town that would be a lot of miles to put on my Tour. Man I wish it wasn't so far away!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/18/03 03:04 PM
Originally posted by thisgirls98.5SVT:

I would love to come down to Huntsville, but seeing as how I live in K-town that would be a lot of miles to put on my Tour. Man I wish it wasn't so far away!

It isn't that far...considering we are coming from Chicago. Just a thought.
I guess thats true, but I would be able to leave until after 6pm or so. By the time I got there it would be late.
Yeah, how late are you guys staying up in HSV? I get off work at 6 every night, so I could get down there by 8(?)ish, if there's still something going on.
There will definitely be something going on at 8pm. I think we are cruisin' or tracking. If not, we will definitely be playing a few games of pool.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/18/03 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
There will definitely be something going on at 8pm. I think we are cruisin' or tracking. If not, we will definitely be playing a few games of pool.

Oh yeah! There will surely be something going on.

Again, if anyone wants a room for Huntsville, just holla at me. The manager was very nice about adding the rooms for Trapps & tourman. He told us that if anyone else wanted to come, just give him a call and he will set the room aside for us with no deposit!! Of course you will have to pay the full room rate that we have right now... unless we get 10 people!! Then it will go down.

I would like to hear from "Supportourtroups!!!" if he is for sure to come to Huntsville. If so, we can call the hotel Monday and add him as well.

That will mean that we will only need three more people before the price drops!!!
That would be cool!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/19/03 03:05 AM
That would be cool!

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/22/03 01:10 AM
We secured two more rooms, one for Mark (Trapps) for check in on Thursday night and one for Tourman for a check in of Friday night. Rates will be the same as everyone else with singles, $40.60 per night after tax. You guys do not have to send any money to the hotel right now. You can pay them when you get there. Be sure to tell the front desk that your are with CEG and you have a room under the name of Kim Jackson.

Has anyone heard from either Trapps or Tourman? I sent Trapps an e-mail the day after I posted this, which was almost a week ago, and I have not heard back from him yet. I also PM'd Tourman to let him know about this, but again... I have not heard from him either.

If anyone has any information about these two individuals, please... Do not approach them! Please contact me ASAP! They have both been reported has driving Contours and we all know what that means... They have a heavy foot and will run!

J/K

But seriously, I would really like to get a response from both of them. Just some confirmation that they will be there. Exspecially Trapps, since I have his room set-up for Thursday. I do not want to get stuck in Huntsville washing floors because someone does not show. I will cancel the rooms if I do not hear from them soon.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/22/03 05:10 AM
We secured two more rooms, one for Mark (Trapps) for check in on Thursday night and one for Tourman for a check in of Friday night. Rates will be the same as everyone else with singles, $40.60 per night after tax. You guys do not have to send any money to the hotel right now. You can pay them when you get there. Be sure to tell the front desk that your are with CEG and you have a room under the name of Kim Jackson.

Has anyone heard from either Trapps or Tourman? I sent Trapps an e-mail the day after I posted this, which was almost a week ago, and I have not heard back from him yet. I also PM'd Tourman to let him know about this, but again... I have not heard from him either.

If anyone has any information about these two individuals, please... Do not approach them! Please contact me ASAP! They have both been reported has driving Contours and we all know what that means... They have a heavy foot and will run!

J/K

But seriously, I would really like to get a response from both of them. Just some confirmation that they will be there. Exspecially Trapps, since I have his room set-up for Thursday. I do not want to get stuck in Huntsville washing floors because someone does not show. I will cancel the rooms if I do not hear from them soon.

Thanks guys!

When can we get our rooms on Friday?
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/22/03 11:43 AM

Hector, I have you set to where you can get in your room early. Remember? When you get to the hotel, just go to the front desk and tell them who you are. The manager said that it should not be a problem to get you into your room earlier then 12. He asked me what time you were planning on making it there, but I did not know so I just told him "Way before 12."

I think the same would go for Steve as well.

I am not going to cancel our rooms, just the one's for Trapps and Tourman. That is only if I do not hear from them by Thursday.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 04:37 AM

Hector, I have you set to where you can get in your room early. Remember? When you get to the hotel, just go to the front desk and tell them who you are. The manager said that it should not be a problem to get you into your room earlier then 12. He asked me what time you were planning on making it there, but I did not know so I just told him "Way before 12."

I am not going to cancel our rooms, just the one's for Trapps and Tourman. That is only if I do not hear from them by Thursday.

We should be getting there around midnight...Friday!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 05:00 AM

ummm you mean...midnite thurs dude. If you have any problems you should have my cell number, Joe does if you don't I will be up call me and we will get it taken care of if need be...

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 05:08 AM

ummm you mean...midnite thurs dude. If you have any problems you should have my cell number, Joe does if you don't I will be up call me and we will get it taken care of if need be...

L8R
Rich

Cell phone number? I have no cell phone number.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 11:51 AM

Hector... Is it Thursday or Friday night that you will be getting in? If it is midnight Thursday (12AM thursday night), then you will not be able to get into the room, that early, without paying for another night. The manager said that he could let you in if you got that there at like 9 or 10 AM Friday. Remember the room is for Friday and Saturday. I am sure though that if you get into town midnight thursday, you can go to the front desk and pay for an extra night. That is if the front desk is open then...?

I need to get everyone my cell number as well, in case someone runs into a problem with their room. That way me or Kim can call and try to get everything straightened out...

My work cell...662-305-2909
Kim's cell...662-315-2412
Home Number...662-651-5016 (if I am not online )
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 12:20 PM

J/K

Thanks guys!

Well I have not heard from either yet. I will have to cancel their rooms if I do not hear something from them by this afternoon.
Just a little side note; Hector.....
If you get into HSV Friday morning, go to the front desk and ask for "Bob" and he will put you in a room for you to take a nap or whatever you may wish to do. If your room that is reserved is not ready yet it will be a different room, but do not fear. Bob told me that while we are gone he will personally move your things to your reserved room and all you have to do is go back to the front desk and get the new key.

Don't worry we got you covered

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/23/03 03:14 PM
We are getting in Thursday night about midnight.

providing steve can keep up with us
hahahahahahahahaha
just kidding steve.....

but on a side not I think we MIGHT just MIGHT make it before that time... I think if my sister and brother in law can do the trip in 9 hours we can do it in less
providing steve can keep up with us
hahahahahahahahaha

Ok Chi-town guys, leave Steve alone; I'm running out of OWN3D pics!

J/K Steve! Hey, did you finish that battery install?
but on a side not I think we MIGHT just MIGHT make it before that time... I think if my sister and brother in law can do the trip in 9 hours we can do it in less

Just make sure ya'll get to Alabama safely.

so do you need a room for Thursday nite?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's Staying Over... New Additions!! - 04/24/03 04:46 AM

Just make sure ya'll get to Alabama safely.

I drive fast all the time.
© CEG Archives