Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Nashville Meet Date - 02/05/03 06:17 PM
Hey ya'll I just realized that the 19th is Easter weekend. Can we move the meet up or down one weekend? I definitely can't make a drive like that on those dates.
Posted By: WR99SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/05/03 10:13 PM
Wow. How did we miss that one? Yeh, I would agree with you and venture to say that we definetly need to move the date. If it is that date still, I wont be able to attend. Im not sure when would be good for you guys/gals. First weekend in May is iffy for me with finals going on and all. Maybe the weekend after the 19th? I think thats the weekend of the 26th-27th. Or is that pushing it back too far? On another note, we have to make a meet together Heather, so we can trade those sail panels!
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 01:35 AM
ok then how about the 26th then??????is this ok with everyone??????????????????

april 26th?????
Posted By: SVTJoe_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 03:01 AM
26th seems good to me.

Joe
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 03:10 AM
i guess that works for me, i will see if i can make the drive that weekend.......
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 03:11 AM
Okey dokey.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 03:13 AM
I'm willing to drive down there to see you guys hector might be coming with me too... keep me posted as to when the date is really gonna be the 26th would work for me too...
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 05:11 AM
The 26th would be great, and my friend can probably come that weekend too. Actually it gives me one more weekend to mod the 'Tour before the meet!
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 01:19 PM

You pussies!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm just kiddin' the 26th is cool wit me.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/06/03 11:29 PM
Ok so it is the 26th! As of right now things are looking good for me making this one! My wife will be coming with me... I hope that is cool with everyone. No she will not bring the Honda!

I will talk to skid123 this Sunday and see if he will be able to bring his SVT as well!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/07/03 06:46 AM
CRAP!!! Now I gotta go change some posts.....The 26th is cool...sheeww back to all the calendars...

And yes still I will be there and stuff and YES Joe you and Hector need to be there. If need be, get into town thursday or Friday, GLChick and JSUMoose are probably gonna be in town (Huntsville, AL) around the same time. Maybe we will all get together here, do GLChick's intake mod and some last minute tuning/cleaning and who knows, maybe we will do a bar-b-que. So...shoot for getting here thurs nite, rest up, tune-up, clean up, eat-up Friday, drive up Saturday. My yard and my mother in-laws yard, which is next door has lots of room for parking tours if we need room.

Anyone else? I think GLChick found that the hotels here in HSV are less expensive than Nashville so if you are nearby, do a search for Huntsville Alabama for hotel Accomodations.

And oh yeah...another incentive, this area of town that I am at.....for whatever reason...is beginning to pop with imports. Friday nite, I'd be up for a cruise....

Do we have a venue yet?

Lemmie know
Rich
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/07/03 05:23 PM
Thinking about attending.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/07/03 07:02 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZeTeC2.0:

If you don't mind us Yankees, maybe I'll foloow Hector up there.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/07/03 07:47 PM
come on fuggers, come down, it'll be great!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 04:38 AM
Bring it on!!!! EVERYONE CAN COME!!!! Bring your friends!!! Bring your family!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!! Bring your tools!!!! LOL

Again like I said earlier, those of you thinking of coming down to stay in Nashville, Nashville is a cool place to go and hang out and eat and whatever, but do realize, prices for hotels and such are more expensive than here in Huntspatch just a few hours away. We will be organizing a caravan of cars going out in the morning of the meet on the 26th!!!! We have about 5 plus cars, yes Hector you and Joe are coming, that are going up.

About the day before: On the 25th, we will be doing the clean-up, mod-up, eat-up and be ready to drive up. If you guys are interested in the eat-up, just help out with the food. IE couple bucks or pocket change for meat and such for the BBQ. Now granted, the house is not real big so just plan on this being an outside deal....remember, mod-up, clean-up etc! And oh yeah, no booze. Need you freakheads to be 100% on the way up. If you want to get sloppy, you can lata.

Also, tenative, may be another meet coming...
Go here for more info

May 25-27...yup Memorial day weekend, Point Mallard Park, Decatur Alabama! What happens is they have a classic car/muscle car show on the saturday of the event. It starts in the morning and lasts until early evening. This is very cool! It has as you will see on the website, hot air balloons everyday of the event, concerts - local groups, big area for picnics and BBQ and a whole lot of fun. Check out the website, if you guys are game, I may form a group and call them to see how much it would cost for a whole lot of Contiques to show up and hang out.

But again first things first! LETS ROCK NASHVILLE and then conquer Decatur! I think you would like it....

Anyway
L8R
Rich
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 04:56 AM
Hey didn't StaticTour have something in his sig about this guy...? He was saying that he fell off the wall and all, but I didn't think he was serious!!

If all things work out I will be making this one too! I am gona try and bust a few humps during that week so that I can take off that Friday and come up that morning for the clean-up and such. Plan of getting a room there in Huntsville.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 05:29 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:

We don't mind Yanks...you just have to survive the initiation process. Muwahahahahaahahaaa
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 06:49 AM
Originally posted by GLChick'95:

We don't mind Yanks...you just have to survive the initiation process. Muwahahahahaahahaaa

already been down south a number of time...

I guess steven has to follow hector cause there is no way he could keep up with me
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

I guess steven has to follow hector cause there is no way he could keep up with me

oooooooooohhhhhh It's 601 miles from my front door to my ex's old work in Huntsville. We're racing all the way there????????
Winner buys breakfast!!!!!
mmmmmm....I can taste those pork Chop biscuts from Hardees already!!!

Actually I don't think I'll be hitting Alabama. Probably going to stay with Mom and Sis in TN. Trying to get off that week though to make the meet in Nashville.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 07:47 AM
oooooooooohhhhhh It's 601 miles from my front door to my ex's old work in Huntsville. We're racing all the way there????????

Actually I don't think I'll be hitting Alabama. Probably going to stay with Mom and Sis in TN. Trying to get off that week though to make the meet in Nashville.

just besure to tell me how my exaust looks and sounds from behind case I don't get a chance to hear it from that angle

EDIT: to be fair I will start in 3rd gear at every stop sign and light.... to make it even.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 07:53 AM
Alright, I'll let you know as soon as you get to Hardees. I should be done eating by the time you get there an pull up to the drive thru
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 07:57 AM
Alright, I'll let you know as soon as you get to Hardees. I should be done eating by the time you get there an pull up to the drive thru

dude when did I say you could drive my car down there
OOH WAIT I didn't.....
unless you have some car I am unaware of...
again please besure to tell me what you think of the rear of my car.... since that's all you will be able to see of it unless I do it in reverse the whole way there.... then you might have a chance at keeping up with me.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 07:59 AM

Where the hell did I say I was driving down there?
I was going to fly!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 09:03 AM

Winner buys breakfast? Aw man, I can't afford that.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/08/03 11:05 PM

well I talked to my sister and I got a place for me and hector if he does come along to stay for the weekend...
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 01:10 AM
i can offer up my place....i got room for one.....maybe 2-3 if you want to sleep on the floor.....email me

csc99svt@comcast.net

or shoot me a pm......holla
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 01:13 AM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
i can offer up my place....i got room for one.....maybe 2-3 if you want to sleep on the floor.....email me

csc99svt@comcast.net

same here 1 or 2..if you don't mind sleeping on the couch or floor....

this looks like it is going to be an awesome meet...i better get to planning then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 04:09 AM
it is too bad hockey season will be over by then....what can we do in april in nashville!?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 08:29 AM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:

csc99svt@comcast.net

same here 1 or 2..if you don't mind sleeping on the couch or floor....

this looks like it is going to be an awesome meet...i better get to planning then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 08:57 AM

yes you better star planing...
looks like Chitown is over running the south
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 09:28 AM

looks like Chitown isover running the south

Hellz yeah! LoCo is coming to your town!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 06:27 PM

looks like Chitown isover running the south

Hellz yeah! LoCo is coming to your town!

Man, this is really really great! I can't wait to see all your cars! Oh yeah, and I guess meet you guys, too, but mostly the cars!!!
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 08:23 PM
it is too bad hockey season will be over by then....what can we do in april in nashville!?

NO kidding!!! I WISH we had an NHL team down here. Stupid New Orleanians.
This is going to be one heck of a meet Southeast! Shout out to the Chicago crew for heading down south to hang with us southerners. Chris, pick us out a nice little spot up there in Nashville! Any curvey roads we could play on?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/09/03 08:26 PM

This is going to be one heck of a meet Southeast! Shout out to the Chicago crew for heading down south to hang with us southerners. Chris, pick us out a nice little spot up there in Nashville! Any curvey roads we could play on?

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 04:41 AM

I'm scared!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 07:40 AM

I'm scared!

Joe and I know where there are some curvey's out here.

Looks like we may have a mini-meet here in HSV the friday before hand. Think the count for the clean-up, mod-up, eat-up, then drive-up, looks like 7 now. Sweet.

We need a venue!

And oh yeah what about that thing on Memorial Day weekend? Anyone game? It is here in Decatur AL at Point Mallard and dude...it rocks....

L8R
Rich

Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 01:30 PM
I'm scared!

I thought if you lived in the mid-west it would go "I'm scurred"... St. Louis is Midwest right?

Mad props to you guys from up north for making it though. I'll definately be making the chicago meet.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 03:23 PM
hector you need to practice.....if you are coming to nashville it is:

AIN'T SKEERED!!

Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:06 PM
What are you guys looking for in a venue? Motel for Sat pm?
I65 exit 65, Franklin, is 15-20 minutes from downtown N'ville, 5-10 minutes from eveything else ( carwash, oil change, tire svc, restaurants, Starbucks and twisty roads.
There are 4 motels on a cul de sac backed up to Cracker Barrel (for us crackers) -
Can do some route sheets based on roads we routinely motorcycle. Good pavement , well marked, curvy and hilly!
Better check those brake pads!
docc
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:12 PM
we should eat at toot's!!!!
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:38 PM

What the hell????

How can you eat a toot?
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:40 PM
funny you say franklin...i was thinking of having everyone meet up at the cool springs mall in franklin,and go somewhere else after we all meet up...it'll be real convenient to the guys coming from huntsville..its right off i65....
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:

What the hell????

How can you eat a toot?

LOL....it is a family version of hooter's.....very good....

hey chris.....cool springs is pretty convenienent i guess, except for all of us rutherford county people.....

oh....

wait.....

i am the only one.....
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 06:54 PM

What the hell????

How can you eat a toot?

LOL....it is a family version of hooter's.....very good....

hey chris.....cool springs is pretty convenienent i guess, except for all of us rutherford county people.....

oh....

wait.....

i am the only one.....

come on man that's not too far for you to go to a car show now is it ...i just thought it'd probably be a convenient and easy place for everyone to find...i live 30 minutes from there myself....

hey chris,i know its hard for you to travel that far and all,but i think you can maybe make the drive...lol..
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 08:16 PM
Cool Springs is real convenient. That's exit 69 ( 69 miles from the Alabama line) and just 10 miles north of the I840 connection to I65 (for the Rutherford contingent ).
The motels in Cool Springs are a little high end, but I still don't hear anybody talking about staying over.
There's a nice stretch of pretty open parking lot between Starbucks and Atlanta Bread Co. on Cool Springs Blvd - west from I65 just past the first light on the right.
Again, some great escape routes south from there for some spirited driving.
docc
black 98SVT
atmospheric crankcase vent
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 09:56 PM
at least one person caught the sarcasm in my post.....
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 10:52 PM
was going to post walking distances to ...
just wasn't sure hoe many people were trailering in.
docc
blk98svt
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 11:19 PM
it is a family version of hooter's

Is that possible?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/10/03 11:38 PM

I'm scared!

Scared, are ya? With name like "Loco" WE should be scared. Nothin' but love, man. I knew that if there were curves, Rich and Chris would know where they are! And a family version of Hooters..what do the girls have loose fitting shirts and skirts to their knees?
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 01:26 AM
the girls do wear short shorts, but nothing out of the ordinary....stuff you buy at AE and such....and then the guy servers were baggy shorts and polo shirts.....
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 01:33 AM

j/k
hector and I will be staying at my sister's place down the road from Rich in huntsville... we will be taking I57 down to I65... Hector is just scared of my car that's all...

and on that talking funny it be Y'all that talk funny not us from chicago
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 02:07 AM
hey joe, do ya'll drink "pop" in chicago?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
hey joe, do ya'll drink "pop" in chicago?

I drink Jack daniels must pay hommage to lynchburg tenn...
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 02:58 AM
kermithefrog would you prefer us to call all carbonated drink a coke like SOME PLACES do... when they are not all COKES????
also are you gonna come up for this meet?
Posted By: SVTMini-Flea_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 03:35 AM
kermithefrog would you prefer us to call all carbonated drink a coke like SOME PLACES do... when they are not all COKES????
also are you gonna come up for this meet?

Nah, we say "soda" or "drink." What the heck is "pop" anyways? Are we stuck in the 50's? . Just messin with you guys...
><>David<><
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 04:25 AM
So Cool Springs then guys????

We could start there, get lunch, then do light shopping (like I have any money to do this), and then meet up to go to maybe Nashville...cool? Anyone know of any tuner shops in Cool Springs? How bout Nashville? I am talking like NOPI store shops?

Anyway..hey guys if you want to eat-up at a restaurant, lemmie know. Oh yeah and if you want to go to a restaurant but want some good BBQ still, Gibson's BBQ here in town has award winning BBQ. We could take over their parking lot, get some BBQ loaded baked potaoes, salad.....Lemmie know...

Anyone else coming now??? LOL

And oh yeah, bring some gas money to cover what we are gonna blow in HSV!!!!

Oh yes, curves, we got ya covered....Joe you remember the bypass that they were making for Four Mile Post road? Done! Has curves...And we also have mountains (for you in the north, Really big hills) with curves but no guardrails (don't be stupid) unlike Lookout mountain (ERIC!!!!!)

Ok I am done! I am stoked! This is gonna rock!!!

Bring tools too...I am still doing your intake mod Heather.

Have car, must travel...

L8R
Rich

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 05:07 AM
hey, we call them all cokes down here,,, that's what they all are. usually you don't have to be specific, so it works out. i wish i could make it up, but i have no $$$$.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 05:16 AM
i wish i could make it up, but i have no $$$$.

OK lets see here today is feb 10 the meet is APRIL 26th.... just a few weeks away...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:22 AM
I have plenty of tools in my car to do pretty much anything so no need for that. I vote for the BBQ Rich!

I am scurred at Joe's GL suspension trying to take curves, after all when I tried to take a curve in your car we where boatin!

I am LoCo thought you knew. I got stories people!
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:34 AM
I have plenty of tools in my car to do pretty much anything so no need for that. I vote for the BBQ Rich!

Right on! If we are in a restaurant, then we can't mod my car..so I vote for the BBQ at your place Rich!

Well you better show up and be ready to talk it up!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:40 AM

Right on! If we are in a restaurant, then we can't mod my car..so I vote for the BBQ at your place Rich!

You know I'm game!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:50 AM

I am scurred at Joe's GL suspension trying to take curves, after all when I tried to take a curve in your car we where boatin!

BBQ

when did you do that in my car????
besides you can have the best suspension in the world but if you don't know how to drive you still will not handle well.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:50 AM

Sweeet then that settles it. We will more than likely have about 7 to 9 cars on friday at the house....which is a wreck....and we will be doing the drive sometime in the evening. This will involve two mountains and some nice backroads....looks like I may have picked up another tour, celica or eclipse GSX depending on if he sells the celica in time and a Nissan with an engine transplant........

This will be very cool!

Ok guys...we are all pretty much online. IM me sosaudio1 AOL or fast96mystique yahoo...

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:57 AM

BBQ

besides you can have the best suspension in the world but if you don't know how to drive you still will not handle well.

I know how to drive.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 07:59 AM

BBQ

I know how to drive.

since when

J/K
or and I
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 02:11 PM
no good tuner shops down here guys....we hunter's....good if you want 20's and chrome for your truck.....tennessee speed sport has EVERYTHING, except a showroom....it is a warehouse with a front desk....

other than that.....nothing really....couple of good places for installs, but they buy everything via internet/ups just like us.....sorry......
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 04:29 PM
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
we also have mountains (for you in the north, Really big hills) with curves but no guardrails (don't be stupid) unlike Lookout mountain (ERIC!!!!!)

What? Do you mean the one where I took my first 'Tour off roading? C'mon, that's a great story! Who else can say they rolled over uphill through trees? Well, at least I didn't die, that's what's important. I should have gotten killed or something. Like Hector, I know how to drive-just not with crappy Firehawk GTA tires! Here's pics, if you're really sick and want to see what's inside a Contour!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/11/03 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
we also have mountains (for you in the north, Really big hills) with curves but no guardrails (don't be stupid) unlike Lookout mountain (ERIC!!!!!)

What? Do you mean the one where I took my first 'Tour off roading? C'mon, that's a great story! Who else can say they rolled over uphill through trees? Well, at least I didn't die, that's what's important. I should have gotten killed or something. Like Hector, I know how to drive-just not with crappy Firehawk GTA tires! Here's pics, if you're really sick and want to see what's inside a Contour!

Firehawks suck sooooo much. I had one blow out on me. It is not just the Wilderness tires.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 01:43 AM

OK lets see here today is feb 10 the meet is APRIL 26th.... just a few weeks away...

you don't understand. i seriously have NO money. if i do get any extra money by that time, i'm going down to jacksonville for a Ford show, but I doubt I'll even have money for that.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 01:50 AM

you don't understand. i seriously have NO money. if i do get any extra money by that time, i'm going down to jacksonville for a Ford show, but I doubt I'll even have money for that.

then get a job..... they pay you to do things
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 02:26 AM
i have a job and i don't get paid enough for the things i do.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 02:44 AM
i have a job and i don't get paid enough for the things i do.

them find another one....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 02:50 AM
kinda hard to get jobs with the way economy is right now... but i like my job during the summer, i get paid low but in summer i get a ton of hours. and i've got real flexible hours which i need right now for soccer. i have enough money to scrape by till summer, i just can't do much until then.
Posted By: SVTMini-Flea_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 04:09 AM
I sell my body for sex...but thats a little off topic. Anyways, good luck with the $$$ situation Kremit. I had to argue with my manager at my other job to get more hours. Luckily I've been there longer than anyone else in my position so he had no choice. As for the meet, we'll see how busy I am when the time comes.
><>David<><
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SVTMini-Flea:
I sell my body for sex...><>David<><

So you'll sell your body, but all you want in return is sex????
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 03:49 PM

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/12/03 06:45 PM
A little off topic aren't we?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/13/03 02:34 AM
A little off topic aren't we?

what do you mean we got off topic???
this ALL has to do with the Meet does it not?
Posted By: SVTMini-Flea_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 02:11 AM

Ha, let me re-phrase. I temporarily rent my body out for sex(females only please)...after which it is promptly returned. Hope this clears up any confusion.
-DB
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 03:42 AM
Alrighty then...

So here is the update. Looks like about 9+ cars to meet here in Huntsville before the meet on the 25th. About 12+ people at the house. Should stir up the kids down the way with their civics and Mitsubishi and looks like a broke down honda that just sits and sits and sits....

Kinda neat thinking about a line of about 9+ cars taking over Huntsville...

There will BE NO RAIN for this event! For Friday or Saturday....

BBQ is on!!! We will have a grill going and probably a couple more. Possibly the valleyball net...

In the event of rain, we WILL be going to a restaurant. And yes, I know how much WE ALL LIKE BBQ! Again, we will have room and take over a local BBQ restaurant. Why....12+ people won't fit in the house...LOL...

Those or you who will be staying in or around Huntsville, PM me your iteneraries. I will then PM you the phone numbers to reach me. If you are visiting the site and have not yet joined but wanna see the CEG Contique experience first hand, if you are wanting to come and are in the area, email me at sosaudio1@mchsi.com and I will give directions.

Those that will be coming in thurs nite to stay over in Huntsville, the day will start off early with a clean-up. Heather, you will be here around 3pm right? Then we will jump on that intake mod for you and tech it thru the rest of the day. If anyone else has mods they want to do before the meet, this will be your last chance. PLEASE nothing REAL intense. UMMM NO engine swaps...sorry... If you are planning on a mod, please post! This will help us plan to get the team together to begin surgery.

Bring some lawn chairs!

And guys and gals...this is a family event so no alcohol. If you are going to do alcohol, it will have to be after. Sorry, But on a personal level...I don't want any of you guys getting sloppy and then getting hurt...or killed! So please, keep it home....You guys are my friends and family, and my CEG team and I don't want you guys to have a problem!

Kool????

Bring video cams and regular cameras. This event is gonna rock!!!!

Eric....DUDE...you are NOT supposed to take the 'tour offroading. Glad to know that you kept in under control and that you are alright.

Hector, your profile at last check is not working...you might wanna post a link in your sig that takes people to see the pics of the LoCo man's car! After this meet, we should all have pics that we can upload to show our cars.

Ok...I can't think of anything else to say right now so...
bye.

Oh yeah....anyone remember valentines day???? Anyone doing what I am doing? Gotta get up early and pray that there are some things left!!!

L8R
Rich

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 04:18 AM
Alrighty then...

So here is the update. Looks like about 9+ cars to meet here in Huntsville before the meet on the 25th. About 12+ people at the house. Should stir up the kids down the way with their civics and Mitsubishi and looks like a broke down honda that just sits and sits and sits....

Kinda neat thinking about a line of about 9+ cars taking over Huntsville...

There will BE NO RAIN for this event! For Friday or Saturday....

BBQ is on!!! We will have a grill going and probably a couple more. Possibly the valleyball net...

In the event of rain, we WILL be going to a restaurant. And yes, I know how much WE ALL LIKE BBQ! Again, we will have room and take over a local BBQ restaurant. Why....12+ people won't fit in the house...LOL...

Those or you who will be staying in or around Huntsville, PM me your iteneraries. I will then PM you the phone numbers to reach me. If you are visiting the site and have not yet joined but wanna see the CEG Contique experience first hand, if you are wanting to come and are in the area, email me at sosaudio1@mchsi.com and I will give directions.

Those that will be coming in thurs nite to stay over in Huntsville, the day will start off early with a clean-up. Heather, you will be here around 3pm right? Then we will jump on that intake mod for you and tech it thru the rest of the day. If anyone else has mods they want to do before the meet, this will be your last chance. PLEASE nothing REAL intense. UMMM NO engine swaps...sorry... If you are planning on a mod, please post! This will help us plan to get the team together to begin surgery.

Bring some lawn chairs!

And guys and gals...this is a family event so no alcohol. If you are going to do alcohol, it will have to be after. Sorry, But on a personal level...I don't want any of you guys getting sloppy and then getting hurt...or killed! So please, keep it home....You guys are my friends and family, and my CEG team and I don't want you guys to have a problem!

Kool????

Bring video cams and regular cameras. This event is gonna rock!!!!

Eric....DUDE...you are NOT supposed to take the 'tour offroading. Glad to know that you kept in under control and that you are alright.

Hector, your profile at last check is not working...you might wanna post a link in your sig that takes people to see the pics of the LoCo man's car! After this meet, we should all have pics that we can upload to show our cars.

Ok...I can't think of anything else to say right now so...
bye.

Oh yeah....anyone remember valentines day???? Anyone doing what I am doing? Gotta get up early and pray that there are some things left!!!

L8R
Rich

Click on my name, and my homepage is where ALL my pics are at.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 04:27 AM
SWWEEEEEET

Rich
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 06:34 AM
I should be there by 3pm..hopefully earlier. Don't worry about the BBQ Rich, we will all pitch in for the food. I figure we could head the grocery store as a unit and get what we each want, and just split the cost of the meat/buns/condiments. Volleyball sounds excellent!!! I'll have to start practicing now! LOL
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 06:51 AM
I should be there by 3pm..hopefully earlier. Don't worry about the BBQ Rich, we will all pitch in for the food. I figure we could head the grocery store as a unit and get what we each want, and just split the cost of the meat/buns/condiments. Volleyball sounds excellent!!! I'll have to start practicing now! LOL

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 05:46 PM
VOLLEYBALL!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 06:24 PM
AWESOME!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Especially since I think my last check from Best Buy which I was to get today, appears to have 40+ hours missing from it...and I have yet to receive my paid vacation check!!!

ERIC...when did you get your vacation check????

Really kinda bummed right now because all that made it into the bank is $69 dollars...REALLY SUX!

Pray for us this is gonna be hard for a while...new jobs pay doesn't kick in for a while and this check was supposed to be the one to carry us until it came....

Be good
L8R
Rich
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 06:36 PM
No prob. Chipping some money for the BBQ, is no big thing as long as we get to hang out and play VOLLEYBALL. It can be hard to chat in a restaurant.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 07:32 PM
I hope all you peeps from outside AL know that once you cross into AL, NO SHOES ALLOWED!!!

J/K
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 09:49 PM
WOW!

it's been a while since I've read this post! I am down, will be up in Huntsville it looks like Thurs or Fri nite depeding on Heather. Night meet up with her on the way up to Rich's. Anyway, can't wait! until then...
Moose
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 10:18 PM
Jared, we could meet up in Birmingham. Head up 65 as a caravan. Are you going to have anyone else with you? I know you said your friend might come with another 'Tour. We can figure it out when it gets closer, I am hoping that my friend can come. Whether she does or not affects what time I hit Huntsville. I should be there at the latest 3pm, so we would have to meet up in Birmingham around 1pm or earlier depending.

I'll bring the volleyball!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/14/03 11:37 PM

I never got one, they fired me right before my 1 year evaluation.

Sorry again, Rich! This is the 'Tour I took off-roading:

This is what I drive now:

Well, it doesn't have 14" steelies anymore, I've got 17" ADR RS Limited Mase wheels w/Kumho Ecsta 711 tires->
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/15/03 04:29 AM

I never got one, they fired me right before my 1 year evaluation.

Sorry again, Rich! This is the 'Tour I took off-roading:

This is what I drive now:

Well, it doesn't have 14" steelies anymore, I've got 17" ADR RS Limited Mase wheels w/Kumho Ecsta 711 tires->

Nice is that a Contour? J/K
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/15/03 04:57 AM
Heather,

I don't know if he'll be coming or not, I was actually up in Hville tonite, my girlfriend's little brother had a basketball game up there! Anyway, Warrior AL, just outside of B'ham (right off of I-65 would be the best place for me to meet, and since you've gotta come up 65... then it should work! Anyhow, that sounds like a plan! We'll figure out the details when it gets closer!
Peace I'm Outta here!
Moose
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/15/03 06:50 AM
I mentioned this to Rich in a PM and just thought I would let everyone else know...

All my tools are in a roll around chest, so I can't help out there. But, if everyone is cool with it I will bring my Craftsman 10" buffer & exstension cord. I think I have just about killed my claybar, so I will have to get another kit and will bring that. Those things are only good for like three rounds though, but if everyone really washes there car good we might could make it last. I can easily get an extra bottle of detail spray. I will let everyone else bring whatever polish & wax you want to use on your car.

If we are going to be representing through HSV at night, we might as well have some "SHINE" to go with our "VROOOM"!

Oh and by the way. This is going to be a little anniversary getaway for me and the wife. We can't wait to meet everyone!

Rich, I know how you feel with the money deal and we will help out however we can. Gas prices are going to put a little dent in our savings for the trip, but we will take it one step at a time.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/16/03 06:10 AM
Originally posted by unisys12:
I mentioned this to Rich in a PM and just thought I would let everyone else know...

All my tools are in a roll around chest, so I can't help out there. But, if everyone is cool with it I will bring my Craftsman 10" buffer & exstension cord. I think I have just about killed my claybar, so I will have to get another kit and will bring that. Those things are only good for like three rounds though, but if everyone really washes there car good we might could make it last. I can easily get an extra bottle of detail spray. I will let everyone else bring whatever polish & wax you want to use on your car.

If we are going to be representing through HSV at night, we might as well have some "SHINE" to go with our "VROOOM"!

Oh and by the way. This is going to be a little anniversary getaway for me and the wife. We can't wait to meet everyone!

Rich, I know how you feel with the money deal and we will help out however we can. Gas prices are going to put a little dent in our savings for the trip, but we will take it one step at a time.

I said it before and I will say it again!!!! All you guys rock!!!! AND to think you will be coming here on your Anniversary getaway....that is real cool!

ERIC...what can I say dude? I am really glad you made it! WOW if you guys didn't look at the pics, go back in the thread and look at them!

I also have some good news! Looks like I will get some pay from the new job next thursday! I will get the vacation pay the following week...around the 28th so then I can use that to pay back people we borrowed money from. It should be a phat check over 127hrs of vacation time!!!! Maybe....maybe...maybe..... a mod!!!!!! Hey and my 31st B-day is Feb 18, who wants to send me a header??? Ummmmm better flowing exhaust???? LOL oh whatever! Having the company of some good friends, tearing up the Huntsville roads and putting some of the Import crowds back a step would be cool....Had a WRX try to play tonite....it was raining...it has powa, and railroad tracks are pretty freaking slippery in the rain....so....I lost traction on em and didnt feel like tweaking the Mystique so hey...

I NEED MO POWA!!!!!! April 25 the mad scientists will unite and begin schemes to bring out the beasties in all the engine bays....

Heather...there is a little of the Mad Hatter for ya

ok time to go to bed...sorry I haven't been up so late lately...gotta try to catch up on my beauty rest

L8R
Rich
aka The Mad Hatter

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/16/03 06:15 AM

I said it before and I will say it again!!!! All you guys rock!!!! AND to think you will be coming here on your Anniversary getaway....that is real cool!

ERIC...what can I say dude? I am really glad you made it! WOW if you guys didn't look at the pics, go back in the thread and look at them!

I also have some good news! Looks like I will get some pay from the new job next thursday! I will get the vacation pay the following week...around the 28th so then I can use that to pay back people we borrowed money from. It should be a phat check over 127hrs of vacation time!!!! Maybe....maybe...maybe..... a mod!!!!!! Hey and my 31st B-day is Feb 18, who wants to send me a header??? Ummmmm better flowing exhaust???? LOL oh whatever! Having the company of some good friends, tearing up the Huntsville roads and putting some of the Import crowds back a step would be cool....Had a WRX try to play tonite....it was raining...it has powa, and railroad tracks are pretty freaking slippery in the rain....so....I lost traction on em and didnt feel like tweaking the Mystique so hey...

I NEED MO POWA!!!!!! April 25 the mad scientists will unite and begin schemes to bring out the beasties in all the engine bays....

Heather...there is a little of the Mad Hatter for ya

ok time to go to bed...sorry I haven't been up so late lately...gotta try to catch up on my beauty rest

L8R
Rich
aka The Mad Hatter

Well no probs. I have said I have enough tools in my car to do what we have to do. It will be great to meet some fellow CEGers.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/16/03 03:11 PM
Well no probs. I have said I have enough tools in my car to do what we have to do. It will be great to meet some fellow CEGers.

no wonder you car is SOOOO SLOW.... it all the added weight from the tools
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 12:10 AM

Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 02:17 AM

what did I say something wrong
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 04:10 AM
Just making sure you guys understand! I gots tools here at the house...BUT....If we just get a wild hair to change something on the 'tours/'tiques, and we need multiple tools, we will have em. It is also good that being in the caravan that we will be going to Nashville or Cool Springs, if we see a Contour that has broken down and needs some help we can stop and make sure that we can be of some assistance.

Also, because money is tight, we may not have internet for awhile coming up after the 18th. So if it looks like I just dropped off the face of the earth, I haven't. I will just be at the house eating that ramen noodle soup that you can buy in bulk for $.15......LOL. If you guys need or want to reach me, PM Joe or Jared they have the numbers.

Oh...and to whet your appetite.....My father in law....they live next door, cooked steak on the grill, outside, 30 degree weather! Kinda reminds me of the Cosby show where Bill Cosby is outside with earmuffs and like three layers of clothes and what is he doing? BARRRR BEEEEE QUEEEEE!

We will have fun! Oh and Joe and Hector, nice exhaust sounds! Hector...nice launch of the line. Joe, dude, were you trying to hide??? Noticed you driving around some streets in the background after your radar detector went off. Kinda sounds like something I would do! LOL

L8R
Rich
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 04:20 AM
We will have fun! Oh and Joe and Hector, nice exhaust sounds! Hector...nice launch of the line. Joe, dude, were you trying to hide??? Noticed you driving around some streets in the background after your radar detector went off. Kinda sounds like something I would do! LOL

L8R
Rich

hide from what???? we were in the town I live in I can drive by a cop doing 20 over and they will wave me by.... lets put it this way though when I shifted out of second I was over 65mph is a 50 and was already in 3rd and after the detector stopped I took her all the way to 7250rpm and then went to 4th gear, and then hit the brakes HARD for the red light I was coming up on
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 04:29 AM
if we see a Contour that has broken down and needs some help we can stop and make sure that we can be of some assistance.

what they are gonna allow duratec contours there

J/K
OUCH hey who hit me I said I was kidding
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 04:32 AM
if we see a Contour that has broken down and needs some help we can stop and make sure that we can be of some assistance.

what they are gonna allow duratec contours there

J/K
OUCH hey who hit me I said I was kidding

OUCH!!!!

LOL

L8R
Rich
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 04:54 AM
Rich that BETTER not of been you that hit me...
other wise I'm gonna have to do some "special" mods to your Zetec when I get down there when your not looking
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:20 AM
other wise I'm gonna have to do some "special" mods to your Zetec when I get down there when your not looking

Nope dude...not me!

Why would I wanna do that to a tour?????

But let us find out who did and we all will give them a good work over...catch my drift....

Rich
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:22 AM

Nope dude...not me!

But let us find out who did and we all will give them a good work over...catch my drift....

Rich

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:37 AM

Nope dude...not me!

Rich

I got tricks up my sleeve.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:42 AM

what the broken radiator trick
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:49 AM

Yeah I know how to mess yours up EASILY! J/K
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 05:53 AM

sad thing is it's from your vast experiance with doing it to your own car
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 06:10 AM

sad thing is it's from your vast experiance with doing it to your own car

WHAT????

Hey now!!! Only productive mods...you know the kind that give you GAINS not the ones that give you new melted slugs....

L8R
Rich
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 06:49 AM
All I got to say is that it wasn't me that hit you.

Just thought I would let everyone know that I locked in the use of my Mom's digicam for the meet. It is not the greatest cam in the world (2 megapixel), but I know that I can lock in about 50 to 60 shots anyway. To do higher quality shots, we are talking about 20 to 30 shots. I'll go for higher quality! I know someone else has a cam of some kind as well.

I know that the camera will not work on my laptop, so if we could use Richards puter to upload them that would be cool. Not to worry about internet Rich, I have access that I can use. Small configuration here, config there and BOOM! Go Time!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 07:03 AM
I'll have my digital camera there too... 2mpixel also I can get about 80 high rez pic on the one memory card and 10 on my other one.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 07:16 AM

DOH! Hector wins.

Don't forget the burgers Rich!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/17/03 08:18 AM
All I got to say is that it wasn't me that hit you.

Just thought I would let everyone know that I locked in the use of my Mom's digicam for the meet. It is not the greatest cam in the world (2 megapixel), but I know that I can lock in about 50 to 60 shots anyway. To do higher quality shots, we are talking about 20 to 30 shots. I'll go for higher quality! I know someone else has a cam of some kind as well.

I know that the camera will not work on my laptop, so if we could use Richards puter to upload them that would be cool. Not to worry about internet Rich, I have access that I can use. Small configuration here, config there and BOOM! Go Time!

I will defintely have internet by then!!! My puter is kinda slow and the only way I could upload would have to be 3.5 floppy adapter for now....as far as dig cam! Now I do have a flat bed scanner that I can use.

What forget food??? Are you crazy???? Of course I will remember the burgers! Looks like we will be doing some more modding to Project Heather's car.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: topgunz_1_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/19/03 04:55 AM
Hey, I'm a long time tour owner from LA (had a mystique for a year, then a ford ranger for a year, now an SVT, only started checking CEG again in the last month since I got my car. I'm going to look into the school schedule and $$ situation to see if I can make a road trip with heather up there. We'll see what happens, if I can make it I'll see if any of the Cougar owners in Swampland NECO want to make the trek if diversity isnt minded
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/19/03 05:41 AM
hope you can make it.... I don't see any problem wit some peps from neco coming...
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/19/03 05:49 AM
I talked to Neal (skid123) today and he is going to ask for those days off.

You know, I have not looked through to see if any SVT's are coming, besides you topgunz_1. Neal has a 99 silverfrost SVT. We just cleaned his UIM/LIM, put some red FoMoSP 9mm wires on, new FoMoCo plugs and cleaned his KKM... Needless to say that things screams now! I told him about the roads that we might drive and he was all for it. He will find out more a little later.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/19/03 06:33 AM
The more the merrier, I say. Keep us updated on whether you can make it or not.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/19/03 02:24 PM
SVT........
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/21/03 01:10 AM
so for the meet in nashville has anyone made any kind of plans yet??? if so we gonna goto a track of some kind? if not how about finding a track drag strip or what ever we can race at? we are less than 9 and a half weeks away from this.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/21/03 01:56 AM
i am working on plans for the meet right now...not really any good tracks in the area...there is a shi##y 1/8 mile track several miles north of nashville...not sure of any auto-x courses or anything like that....i don't know if that 1/8 mile track will even be open then,or when they have test and tune....i was thinking after everyone meets up,maybe we could go to a park and socialize and bbq...then maybe take a short trip down the natchez trace parkway...its an old very twisty road that runs from nashville to way south of nashville...it is very scenic(its kinda like a national park area)alot of bikers and car clubs "cruise" it...there are no traffic lights or stop signs on it..it is twisty...but the speed limit isn't very fast ...but it is very scenic...

if anybody else(in the nashville area or elsewhere)that is attending has any ideas please feel free to post them or pm me...like i said i haven't made definite plans,just some ideas...i need some input from you guys...
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/21/03 02:53 AM
Twisty's are cool with me! I know that Friday we are all meeting at Rich's house and doing the BBQ thing there while everyone is cleaning up their rides and doing mods.

I think just sitting in a freaking parking lot (or someone's front yard for that matter) with everyone there is going to be killer. I can't believe how well this is going to turn out!

Maybe we could plan to travel to different sites around Nashville and take pictures of everyone's cars. There has to be some cool places that we could line up all of us and shoot some pics!

I am sort of wondering where everyone, that is traveling in and staying in Huntsville, are staying. Maybe if enough of us stay at the same place, we might get a group discount or something. Ok! Maybe that is a long shot, but at the very least a "Welcome CEGer's" on their sign outside.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/21/03 03:04 AM
I'm staying in Huntsville. That's a good idea about the discount thing. I think Jared is staying on Friday as well. And not sure if topgunz2 (sorry if I messed up your name dude)and the other NECO people will be caravaning with me from LA.

Chris! Find us some good twisties--speed limits are not an option. We'll be like the mazda commercials..zoom zoom!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/21/03 07:00 AM
I'm staying in Huntsville. That's a good idea about the discount thing. I think Jared is staying on Friday as well. And not sure if topgunz2 (sorry if I messed up your name dude)and the other NECO people will be caravaning with me from LA.

Chris! Find us some good twisties--speed limits are not an option. We'll be like the mazda commercials..zoom zoom!

What is a speed limit?
Posted By: a_svt_what???_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/22/03 04:24 PM
I talked to Neal (skid123) today and he is going to ask for those days off.

You know, I have not looked through to see if any SVT's are coming, besides you topgunz_1. Neal has a 99 silverfrost SVT. We just cleaned his UIM/LIM, put some red FoMoSP 9mm wires on, new FoMoCo plugs and cleaned his KKM... Needless to say that things screams now! I told him about the roads that we might drive and he was all for it. He will find out more a little later.

I'll be there Phillip! Shouldn't be a problem to get off work. I'm not sure if Sonya is going to come or not, it'd be hard for both of us to take off of work for 2 days esp. being weekends when she can make $200+ in tips at McAlisters. But me and the SVT will be there for sure and maybe we can save up enough money so she can take off too. I dont know, we'll see.

Anyways, cant wait to meet everyone!

-Neal
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/23/03 04:38 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I talked with Rich tonight on the phone and he was so stoked over all this! It is really gona be huge!

We talked about hotels in the area and I am waiting to hear back from Heather on where she is staying or if she has made plans for that or not (sent her a PM tonight).

If we set up anything, as for lodgeing, I will start a new thread and we can work out the numbers from there. Right now it is looking at about $50 a night. Of course there are higher places, but that is what I am looking at. If we can narrow a price range I will be happy to make the phone calls to a few places to see if we can get that group discount. Only problem I think we might have is that to book the rooms like this, everyone will have to have a credit card. I don't know, I will check into that when we get there.

Anyway, like I said, Rich is stoked! Heather, he is really freaking over you bringing some NECO guys with you. He has a few ZX3's and a ZX2 that will be there and he is going to talk to another friend of his that has a sponsored Accord. Hey! He is putting this thing together so it's cool with me!

Neal, Glad the hear that you will be making it! I really hope Sonya can come, it is going to be a blast!

P.S. As of tonight, if we do not do the restaraunt thing, I will be helping out with the cooking (working the grill!) so nobody T me off or you ain't gettin' any food!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 01:28 AM
He has a few ZX3's that will be there...

I'm pretty sure I'll have two coming with me. Well, a ZX3 and an FSVT.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 01:43 AM
This is fast becoming a non Contour meet!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 02:32 AM
Yeah I agree Hector. But lets see... That we know of - we have at least 4 Focus, and however many Coug's Heather is bringing with her. Oh and one possible Accord. So the `tour count is still way ahead.

We will just have to show them who's boss!

Oh by the way Hector, I finally got around to downloading yours and Joes' vids last night. I think you did us ATX owners out there some serious justice!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 04:26 AM
Oh by the way Hector, I finally got around to downloading yours and Joes' vids last night. I think you did us ATX owners out there some serious justice!

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 04:32 AM

make sure you keep those foci owners separated, don't want them fighting.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 05:16 PM
Yeah I agree Hector. But lets see... That we know of - we have at least 4 Focus, and however many Coug's Heather is bringing with her. Oh and one possible Accord. So the `tour count is still way ahead.

I'm not sure if those guys will be going. Topgunz_1 is going to be bringing that crew. Hope you are still thinking making it with the NECO guys & gals, Kade, because it would be cool to have a caravan.

We will just have to show them who's boss!

And we will, make no mistake!!

ZETECPOWA!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 05:49 PM

ZETECPOWA!!!

Damn straight!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/24/03 07:30 PM

make sure you keep those foci owners separated, don't want them fighting.

Haha, no I'm just bringing two and they're old friends of mine. They always talk about beating me up because I piss 'em off or something, but I know it's just cause they're jealous of my wicked cool car!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/25/03 02:03 AM

ZETECPOWA!!!

Damn straight!

did I miss something??? when did you start making power
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/25/03 05:33 AM

ZETECPOWA!!!

Damn straight!

did I miss something??? when did you start making power

I still have more power than you.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/25/03 05:51 AM
for those of you staying in huntsville,
I checked out expedia.com and found econo lodge for 33 a nite. Moose
Econo Lodge
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/25/03 07:38 PM
HEEELLLLLOOOOOO KIDDIES! IMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCK!

Ok to review. This is gonna be huge! For those people who are worried about this not being a Contour thang, let's remember one minor little small simple detail of MAJOR consequence.

IT IS A CONTOUR GROUP HOSTING THE MEET. Make no mistake guys, Contiques will represent there. THE ONLY reason that I welcome the other cars is to allow other cars to see what domestics have to offer and hey, let those imports that may or may not show, ask questions, show their mods, offer advice...and hey, everyone has a story to tell about their cars....so this is also gonna be like the "SE Storytellers" convention.

(And oh yeah....ford is talking going deisel for the focus.
Can you believe that???)

So keep your chin up! You have to remember, you guys are the original "Host Company"...if you will. Kinda like the NOPI Nats. All cars represented, one place to hang out!

By the by, NOPI NATS ARE COMING....HCI March ed page 87 has the ad. The date is set for Sept 20 and 21 in Atlanta Motor Speedway.....DUNNNO how they plan to do that...again...If you want to show your car, you NEED to make sure two things.

1. you need to get in now!
2. You need to be there EARLY EARLY EARLY or you may have to force a refund!

And speaking of NOPI, do we know who it was that set up parking spaces for this year??? Supposidly someone did...

May, I am trying to see if we want to go to Decatur and show at Alabama Jubilee. With as many people showing for this little event at my house....little haahaaa...this may be a viable opportunity. We will talk about that and get confirmations and such on the 25th!

A track! We have a track!!! It is an 1/8th of a mile track..and is out in the country area.
Here it is!

The neat thing about this place is that Hot Rod Magazine brought the Power Tour thru here a couple of times. The first one made it to the show on TNN and was HUGE. I was there! The next couple weren't so good....and I am not sure they are coming back.

I hear a lot from the imports that say they go out there. The only thing I am always concerned about is the safety of my friends and sometimes as it gets later the stoopid rednex come out and try stuff...but there is strength in numbers so like I said before, if one of us starts getting sweatted, the rest of us should go calm it down.

Now, if we are gonna do the track as well, we are really gonna need to schedule our time close! If the day is warm, I recommend we hit the track sometime early...ie 5pm...but that also means...it is gonna be hard to get the BBQ on if we all are gonna do the track and then hang out to eat.

Looks like we are getting the Hotel situation under control. When you guys get the arrangements together, let us all know. I will meet you at the hotel and then we all will caravan to the house. The hotel should allow you to put a sign up for two reasons. Numero uno, you tell them it is to give a visual to the other members cars that will be coming to the hotel and it will form an alliance with the chain for us. Remember kids, be nice to them so that they can be the hotel we return to!

University drive is one of the main drags in HSV. Those of you bringing family and kids, you can drive down University and go to the mall or check out Best Buy or Circuit City..lots of restaurants....a shop or two to get wheels or tint....

Anyway...I am really stoked! This is gonna rock!

If you can, bring a grill. One grill for all, just ain't gonna cut it! Remember to bring lawn chairs!

I am off to try to figure out what is happening to Moose...he keeps logging on and off...hope it is not my IM.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/25/03 10:21 PM
I am all about the Econo Lodge. I saw that earlier. Rich can you verify that area? I will hopefully be arriving around 2pm or 3pm at the latest on Friday. I would rather stay at the cheapest place. I will be booking by the end of next week (March 7). If ya'll have to book earlier..EMAIL ME xphilerhd@ aol.com. Track or no track, it's going to be fun. I don't want to plan too much on Friday because we still have a big day on Saturday. So a hang out, cruise, BBQ is fine. Track is good, too, but I'm there to meet and greet. Besides my car is slow. Good to see ya back, Rich.
Posted By: willjed2 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:08 AM
Have you guys decided on a date yet? I've never gone to one of these but would like to.
1998.5 csvt k&n filter, platinum plugs, 9mm ford racing wires, hi-flow y-down pipe, hiflow cat, underdrive pulley, t-red blue int. alpine receiver, 10" infinity
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:21 AM
Originally posted by willjed2:
Have you guys decided on a date yet? I've never gone to one of these but would like to.
1998.5 csvt k&n filter, platinum plugs, 9mm ford racing wires, hi-flow y-down pipe, hiflow cat, underdrive pulley, t-red blue int. alpine receiver, 10" infinity

yes its april 26th in nashville...
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:29 AM
Originally posted by willjed2:

yes its april 26th in nashville...

can't forget about the 25th in Huntsville too
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:35 AM
As for the Econo Lodge, I am good with that too! There is another a little farther north that is still in that price range, so we still have some pickings - but I would rather pick now and get that out of the way. We are only talking about a few bucks either way. I vote Econo Lodge too!

As for the track... I am wanting to drive my car home! I don't know if I can stand another differential letting go on me, so I will be sitting out on the track. I know that I mentioned to Heather in a PM that my wife and I are planning on finding a place to shoot a few games of pool if we don't stay over at Rich's too late. So those that want to go to the track can and the rest that would like to shoot some pool and have a few drinks can hang with us. Please, no beting for drinks! I reek at pool!

MUST SAVE ENERGY FOR NASHVILLE and ANNIVERSARY!!!

One thing I would like to do while we have everyone together is take pictures to showcase our suspensions. Reason? There have been so many questions about suspension set-ups and the differences in drop between them. Thought it would be a good idea to line up the cars in way that we might be able to get a profile of everyone from tallest (no BFGoodrich Mud T/A's allowed!! ) to lowest.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:45 AM
Aww come on!! No betting for Diet Cokes! LOL I'm kidding. I am really wanting to play some pool. Econo Lodge seems to be where it is at. Should one person try and call to see about a discount? This is going to be such a great weekend!!!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 01:50 AM
As for the track... I am wanting to drive my car home! I don't know if I can stand another differential letting go on me, so I will be sitting out on the track. I know that I mentioned to Heather in a PM that my wife and I are planning on finding a place to shoot a few games of pool if we don't stay over at Rich's too late. So those that want to go to the track can and the rest that would like to shoot some pool and have a few drinks can hang with us. Please, no beting for drinks! I reek at pool!

afraid you will get beat by a little Zetec... I'm more than willing to play with an ATX duratec hell I'll race anything that will line up with me even if the HP on it is twice what I have it all for fun anyways

I have never heard of a ATX breaking at the track... MTX now that's a different story.... seen a few of those first hand... I believe tim kirk had replaced 5 or 6 Diffs on his SVT....
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 02:14 AM

afraid you will get beat by a little Zetec... I'm more than willing to play with an ATX duratec hell I'll race anything that will line up with me even if the HP on it is twice what I have it all for fun anyways

Tell you what Joe. If the weather can dry up enough so that I can go out there and gut my precats... Your on!!! Reason? 1) Bank 1 is clogged just enough to set off a P0420 and yes, I have changed to 02 sensor. 2) I might have 2 more cylinders then you, but you do have more experience then me. Hell, I will need all the advantages I can get!!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 02:18 AM
I've also ran better times than a few ATX duratecs too

we could always gut your cats at rich's place
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 04:06 AM
Is anyone planning on staying Saturday night around Nashville or is everyone hot-footing back to HVL that night?
And, Rich, what time do you think the HVL gang will roll into S Nashville ( around exit 69, I 65)?
----------------
docc
black '98 csvt
dunlop, EBC, Eurostruts
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 04:18 AM
Originally posted by doccs98svt:
Is anyone planning on staying Saturday night around Nashville or is everyone hot-footing back to HVL that night?
And, Rich, what time do you think the HVL gang will roll into S Nashville ( around exit 69, I 65)?
----------------
docc
black '98 csvt
dunlop, EBC, Eurostruts

OK I'll answer the questions I know answers to....
got me..
and ummmmm got me
hope this clears some things up
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 04:41 AM
hey, i may be at NOPI nationals, but will be parking with my car club as less something changes. Plan for the club I'm in so far is to caravan up with some big group that has one group come from Cali and another from Florida, can't remember what it's called though.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 05:42 AM
I'll race an ATX Duratec, but I heard POOL! I am okay.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 05:48 AM
but I heard POOL! I am okay.

hector if you wanna play pool we can go to my sister house by my parents and play on their single piece slate table for free before we leave to come down there.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 06:06 AM
----------------
docc
black '98 csvt
dunlop, EBC, Eurostruts

Well that all depends on what time we want the festivities to start in Nashville...That part of the meet is still in debate. Cool Springs? Nashville??? I would say we will want to pack as much into day two as possible sooo. Early enuff to get up and get B-Fast....So I would say...we get there around early early afternoon.

Hotfooting back is almost a definite.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 06:11 AM
Well that all depends on what time we want the festivities to start in Nashville...

looks like we have done more planing for the meet we are having the day before in huntsville
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 11:01 AM
Only thing about going to the track that Friday night would be, like Rich stated earlier, it would cut into so much other cool stuff that we had planned. Don't get me wrong... I would like to see what my car is capable of doing, but I also don't want everything all rushed a stuff. I say that if some want to go to the track and some want to go hang out and shoot "POOL" over some drinks then that cools. We can let all that be dictaited when the time comes that we are kicked off of Rich's front yard!

Oh Heather, I can drink you under the table any day of the week when it comes to Diet Coke! I am a Diet Coke freak!

As for Nashville planning, chrisilversvt asked about 3 or 4 pages back about ideas. I am not that familiar with Nashville so I can't really add anything, as for suggestions, other than what I already have. Just hanging out is gona be fun as hell, so driving some scenic routes with you guys will just be a big plus. I have been to Nashville once a few years ago, but did not get around much. Pretty much stayed in my hotel room other then when I had to go to class.
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 02:21 PM
----------------
docc
black '98 csvt
dunlop, EBC, Eurostruts

Well that all depends on what time we want the festivities to start in Nashville...That part of the meet is still in debate. Cool Springs? Nashville??? I would say we will want to pack as much into day two as possible sooo. Early enuff to get up and get B-Fast....So I would say...we get there around early early afternoon.

Hotfooting back is almost a definite.

L8RRich

Sounds like lunch in Cool Springs , a liesurely ( or spirited) tour of the surrounding hills followed by some tire sniffing. It's maybe an hour and a half back to HVL if you don't want to be parking with the black-and-tans(they tolerate 79 OK but over 80 you get a souvineer from I65).
Looks like maybe 6 or 8 hours in N'vile. I'll hook up with Chris and see if we can post more details.
Sounds like , what, 10-15 cars from HVL?
------------------
docc
blk 98 csvt
dunlop,EBC,Eurostruts
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 06:48 PM

Oh Heather, I can drink you under the table any day of the week when it comes to Diet Coke! I am a Diet Coke freak!

I got my money on Heather!
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 09:11 PM

I don't know, dude. I am a mean Diet Coke drinker!
I better start practicing now, though. Just in case.

doccs98svt: I am planning on going back to Huntsville just because it is easier to stay in one hotel rather than switch up. But, I don't know about Hot-footing it back. Depends on what's going on.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 10:25 PM
ok guys and gals....i was hoping to meet up in nashville at about 12:00 noon...or should i say the cool springs mall in franklin....but i need to know whether everyone would prefer to eat at a restaurant,or go to a nearby park and bbq and hang out????????????then we could head out for some scenic cruising from there.....i think it would be cooler to hang out at the park and bbq and socialize personally....but let me know what you guys want to do...and can someone help with the cooking if we bbq???i aint the greatest griller...there are several grills at the park i am looking at....if we bbq maybe each of us can bring an item,and that way we will have plenty of food and drinks.....let me know what you guys think...

and i will give you guys detailed driving directions from where you are all coming from on how to get there,when the time gets closer....
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 10:37 PM

I'm in if it's a Pepsi drinkin' contest! I had better get a trophy or something for winning!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/26/03 11:02 PM

I don't know, dude. I am a mean Diet Coke drinker!
I better start practicing now, though. Just in case.

I've got a 12 pack right next to me right now. Just crying for me to rip it open and dig in. Too bad my 7 year old daughter loves Diet Coke as much as I. She would hurt me seriously if I drank it all. Don't worry though, I'll be ready. Hey Eric, you can drink Pepsi with us as we wash down all that fake sugar!!!

I will help with the grillin'!! If we are still grillin' at Rich's house I am helping out there too. I have already stated that noone should T me off before then. Oh and since I am helping cook (this is only if we do and so far we are) Hector and Joe gets an extra burger on me just cause I really dug the hell out of the video's they did. Need I remind anyone that burgers can be gained and taken. I am starting to feel like SpongeBob Square Pants!

As for getting back to Huntsville for me, it will depend on where my kids are. The friend that is going to keep them for us might come here to our house, but might take them to her house in Horn Lake which about an arms length from Memphis. Speaking of Memphis... Has anyone heard or talked to twoWheelin since all this came up? I PM'd him a few weeks back to see if he wanted to come hang with me and Neal when we rebuilt his intake and I never heard back from him. Wonder if he will show?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/28/03 05:21 AM
I like the responces I'm seeing about going to the track.... brings back memories from the old forums and all the wimps in chicago not wanting to go with me and HisSvt2 and now they all wanna go almost anytime the track is open after we finally put the gun to everyones head and got them to come right hector
I started a poll in the east great lakes section about a track meet lastnight and put up 6 days to chose from and at two different tracks and one choice of hell with it lets goto all of them and that currently is the winning vote... I say screw pool you can play pool anytime how often you gonna be able to goto a dragstrip and race a bunch of contours????? answer not often. in my 3 years of going drag racing other than other CEGer that came with me how many other tours have I seen at the track 1 and for those past three year I went EVERY WEEK there was a test and tune, didn't always race but I would at least go and watch and I have seen 1 contour and it was a bone stock ATX duratec. we are suppose to be getting together for a car meet so how about doing car things. and I talked to my sister tonight and she said my brother in law has gone to this track and it is not far at all from their place (which is about 5 miles from Rich's)
I'm telling you you guys wil have more fun at the track than you might expect... trust me... or ask hector it is a blast.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/28/03 05:36 AM
OK another update!

What we may wanna do is get the cooking going early and check out the track or pool as you guys may wanna do.

As far as pool halls go here...I dunno, there were a couple good ones a while back....

How many, by show of hands, LOL, have ever been to a dragstrip?

I for one have and hey, it was pretty cool. Now I am definitely NOT saying YOU MUST RACE....that is not for me to decide. But, come and check it out. If you decide you want to do a dry run as kind of a baseline to know what your car can do, you can do it.

And hey, if nothing else, we will all be big cheerleaders of Hector and Joe as they race the Fieros that will be there. Pretty sure there will be the old southern tradition of Ford vs GM....But hey guys, this is supposed to be a fun event. I want more than anything for you guys to have a safe and fun time. Just remember, if you aren't here for the grub, there will be about 20 other people who will share your portion....LOL

So anyone see that we are meeting in Franklin??? What is up with that????

L8R Kids
Rich
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/28/03 05:41 AM
just watching any cars at the drag strip is fun, racing is even better, contours racing=best. only does it get boring if only slow nearly stock civics,etc. are racing, but normally at any track there's always some heavily modded stangs,etc. running.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/28/03 12:17 PM
The problem I see with the track is that it's an 1/8 mile. This translates to broken mtx-75's everywhere. I know this from first hand experience, in fact, from the first time I took the tour to the track. And that was in the 1/4 mile. In an 1/8 mile people are going to be trying even harder to get a good start, which is darn near impossible in a front wheel drive. This will translate to excessive wheel hop, which will eventually translate to grenaded diffs and ring gear pinions through tranny cases. Just my opinion on that. Now if I had all that awaiting install stuff in my sig (going in on the 22nd of march.. woohoo) then I'd be all about it.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 02/28/03 08:58 PM
OK another update!

What we may wanna do is get the cooking going early and check out the track or pool as you guys may wanna do.

As far as pool halls go here...I dunno, there were a couple good ones a while back....

I for one have and hey, it was pretty cool. Now I am definitely NOT saying YOU MUST RACE....that is not for me to decide. But, come and check it out. If you decide you want to do a dry run as kind of a baseline to know what your car can do, you can do it.

And hey, if nothing else, we will all be big cheerleaders of Hector and Joe as they race the Fieros that will be there. Pretty sure there will be the old southern tradition of Ford vs GM....But hey guys, this is supposed to be a fun event. I want more than anything for you guys to have a safe and fun time. Just remember, if you aren't here for the grub, there will be about 20 other people who will share your portion....LOL

L8R Kids
Rich

what do you mean what's up with franklin????????it is just south of nashville,and it is a very nice,and scenic part of middle tennessee....i don't get what you are saying!!!!!!!!!if you'd rather we can go to down town nashville and see a bunch of friggin' crackheads,the projects,and some buildings!!!!!!!

hell i thought this was a nashville meet....i don't hear anyone even mention the nashville part of this...i am trying to get the plan together,but all i hear about is huntsville....i don't even know if you guys are even still interested in coming here...i am trying to plan everything out...are any of you guys still even planning on coming to nashville????????????????????i'm beginning to wonder if its gonna be like so many other meets turn out...i don't want to spend my time planning something,and have everyone decide on friday night that they are too tired or whatever from friday...i'm not gonna waste my time in even setting everything up if nobody is going to show up!!!!!!!!!so if everyone is still planning on coming to nashville(franklin)then please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me i work for fedex,and i see all of the nashville area,and i can tell you that franklin is one of the nicest parts..it is only about 10 or less miles south of nashville..i am just trying to make this meet enjoyable...so let me know if you guys still wanna come here or not?????????????????????i won't waste my time planning if nobody is gonna show....if you are still coming i will post out the plan,and give some detailed driving instructions to everyone......
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 12:55 AM

hell i thought this was a nashville meet....i don't hear anyone even mention the nashville part of this...i am trying to get the plan together,but all i hear about is huntsville....i don't even know if you guys are even still interested in coming here...i am trying to plan everything out...are any of you guys still even planning on coming to nashville????????????????????i'm beginning to wonder if its gonna be like so many other meets turn out...i don't want to spend my time planning something,and have everyone decide on friday night that they are too tired or whatever from friday...i'm not gonna waste my time in even setting everything up if nobody is going to show up!!!!!!!!!so if everyone is still planning on coming to nashville(franklin)then please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris!! ABSOLUTELY I am going to TN on Saturday! I can't wait to check it out..see ya'll's (LOL is that how you spell that??) cars. Hang out with some fellow Southeast CEGers!! Even though Louisiana is in the south central forum , so I'm technically crashing the party.

But HELL YEAH! Franklin sounds fine. If you say it is scenic, I am there. After all, that was the initial plan. It is just cheaper for alot of us to stay in Hunstville the night before. So you better keep on plannin' man! 'Cause I am definitely headed your way. I wanna see your calipers!!! And hopefully, I will have mine done. Noon is plenty of time to get up and get to TN. Eric still going, right? Amanda's going to try and make it. A couple of guys from GA. Then Rob from SC. There will definitely be some people headed your way. That and the Chicago guys have to represent in TN!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 12:59 AM
Chris,

As far as I know everyone is still on for Nashville. It is the high light of the whole weekend! Hell I can't wait to hit the roads with you guys. Huntsville has just worked out to be a bonus night. But don't worry, everyone will be there.

Like I said before, as for the park and grillin', I would be more then happy to help out with the cooking. And I would much rather hang out where we are not hounded.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 01:51 AM
The problem I see with the track is that it's an 1/8 mile. This translates to broken mtx-75's everywhere. I know this from first hand experience, in fact, from the first time I took the tour to the track. And that was in the 1/4 mile. In an 1/8 mile people are going to be trying even harder to get a good start, which is darn near impossible in a front wheel drive. This will translate to excessive wheel hop, which will eventually translate to grenaded diffs and ring gear pinions through tranny cases. Just my opinion on that. Now if I had all that awaiting install stuff in my sig (going in on the 22nd of march.. woohoo) then I'd be all about it.

no offence then you don't know who to drive you car... without a LSD you should NEVER EVER launch over 2k and you will not break your tranny.... trust me a I have hundreds of passes with my MTX-75 and it is still the original one ford put in the car may of 1996 and has over 70K on it original clutch too. I too have seen MTX-75's break at the track and each and everyone was from stupidity on the drivers part just ask Loganj00 from chicago I was at the track with him when he broke his. so what I'm getting at that's a rather weak excuse for not wanting to go.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 03:44 AM
OK another update!

L8R Kids
Rich

what do you mean what's up with franklin????????it is just south of nashville,and it is a very nice,and scenic part of middle tennessee....i don't get what you are saying!!!!!!!!!if you'd rather we can go to down town nashville and see a bunch of friggin' crackheads,the projects,and some buildings!!!!!!!

trust me i work for fedex,and i see all of the nashville area,and i can tell you that franklin is one of the nicest parts..it is only about 10 or less miles south of nashville..i am just trying to make this meet enjoyable...so let me know if you guys still wanna come here or not?????????????????????i won't waste my time planning if nobody is gonna show....if you are still coming i will post out the plan,and give some detailed driving instructions to everyone......

Holy crap dude....Why the flames man? I saw it on another post, I said something about it and you blow up? OK! Dude I have no problem what so ever with Franklin. In fact it is closer and yes that is a much better area of TN to go to.

Frankly, I like you had wondered what we were gonna do in Nashville. It is such a park and drive city. But hey, I was cool with it. I just wanted to know what the game plan was.

So Saturday, we are meeting up in Franklin.

Very cool.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 04:17 AM
OK another update!

L8R Kids
Rich

Holy crap dude....Why the flames man? I saw it on another post, I said something about it and you blow up? OK! Dude I have no problem what so ever with Franklin. In fact it is closer and yes that is a much better area of TN to go to.

Frankly, I like you had wondered what we were gonna do in Nashville. It is such a park and drive city. But hey, I was cool with it. I just wanted to know what the game plan was.

So Saturday, we are meeting up in Franklin.

Very cool.

L8R
Rich

no man i wasn't trying to flame at all...i had heard franklin being questioned a couple of different posts...i just thought it seemed that everyone was wondering why franklin...i wasn't mad or anything i just wanted to make sure that everything was still a go here is all...it didn't seem like anyone was still interested in coming here....i wasn't trying to flame,i just wondered why people seemed to be wondering about my franklin choice is all...no flames intended man...its all good....i guess i could have worded it a bit differently...my fault...its cool man...
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 04:20 AM
So we're all good right, Chris? You still going to find us some nice roads to drive around on? See ya in Franklin!!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 04:39 AM
No probs!

So Chris, you coming down here too? This would be a good place to hold the TN meeting, hand out the maps and discuss the intenerary for Franklin.

Then we meet up there and take over Franklin!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 06:35 AM

no offence then you don't know who to drive you car... without a LSD you should NEVER EVER launch over 2k and you will not break your tranny.... trust me a I have hundreds of passes with my MTX-75 and it is still the original one ford put in the car may of 1996 and has over 70K on it original clutch too. I too have seen MTX-75's break at the track and each and everyone was from stupidity on the drivers part just ask Loganj00 from chicago I was at the track with him when he broke his. so what I'm getting at that's a rather weak excuse for not wanting to go.

Trust you? Why??
I don't know how to drive my car??? Dude I'll hand you your ass on the track or anywhere else for that matter. Bring your weak Zetec.
FYI, I launched at 2k all day long for that exact reason. For the record, your Zetec is rather weak. Learn some manors son. Go talk sh@t in your own regional forum ace.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 06:42 AM
i think what joe meant to say, but didn't know how to say it is: you should not launch at over 2k rpm because it's hurts the car, even if you want to go faster just don't do it for that extra tenth of a second. I know if i had a mtx and went to local track (1/8 mile) i could decide to launch at high rpm or low rpm, though yes I may go slower launching at <2k rpm atleast my tranny would not be in pieces at the line.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 08:04 AM
Geez, you guys are long winded! I guess I don't have anything to say...so...ummm...yeah. Oh, how's about a time-table for when we'll meet where in what city at what venue for what reason to do what. <-I confused myself on that one!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 09:16 AM
if you'd rather we can go to down town nashville and see a bunch of friggin' crackheads,the projects,and some buildings!!!!!!!

OK So it's final, we'll meet here in Chicago, the crackheads are much more entertaining here!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 09:33 AM
Too many things going on at once. I am going down there for only one reason.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 02:39 PM
No probs!

So Chris, you coming down here too? This would be a good place to hold the TN meeting, hand out the maps and discuss the intenerary for Franklin.

Then we meet up there and take over Franklin!

L8R
Rich

i have to work friday,but i may take a personal day..if i can i will try and come down there...doccs98svt lives in columbia tn(a little south of franklin)he had mentioned also trying to head down there too...he was going to map out some driving routes,and we are going to get together and look over them,and map out some routes that lead back to the park,so people could come and go as they please,and meet back up at the park...so we will be getting that together soon...i will probably start a new thread with all the info and driving directions to franklin here soon...i will also try and start a list up for everyone to bring a food ar drink item to the park,so we'll all have plenty of food and drinks for everyone....we'll see what everyone wants to bring,and go from there...

i am out of town right now,but i'll be back in nashville about tuesday..i'm off work the rest of the week too,so i'm going to double check the park and make sure it is cool,and also cruise around and get some driving ideas...i will try and start a new thread by next weekend with all the final details...
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/01/03 07:08 PM
Trust you? Why??
I don't know how to drive my car??? Dude I'll hand you your ass on the track or anywhere else for that matter. Bring your weak Zetec.
FYI, I launched at 2k all day long for that exact reason. For the record, your Zetec is rather weak. Learn some manors son. Go talk sh@t in your own regional forum ace.

when did I say I would beat you ooh wait I didn't all I said was saying your worried about breaking your tranny cause it's a 1/8th track is a lame excuse if you don't want to go then don't, all you had to say was I really don't wanna race instead of making weak excuses for why it's supose to be a bad idea
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/02/03 03:11 AM

Trust you? Why??

He already does that. I have had to lock some threads.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/02/03 03:21 AM

Trust you? Why??

He already does that. I have had to lock some threads.

as do you when you lock said threads
and for the record I was not trying to talk [censored] here.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/02/03 07:25 AM
since there haven't been much said as to what we will be doing in nashville I know this is about 3 hours away going the speed limit but what about the Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville TN they are open from 9-6 and it costs about $9 to get in.
if you guys wanna look at their site here's a link to it. clicky clicky
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/02/03 06:33 PM
since there haven't been much said as to what we will be doing in nashville I know this is about 3 hours away going the speed limit but what about the Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville TN they are open from 9-6 and it costs about $9 to get in.
if you guys wanna look at their site here's a link to it. clicky clicky

That sounds good! I've been by there a million times, well, more like 10 times, but I've never had time to actually go inside. Shall we just make a weekend out of it? Nashville Saturday then to Knoxville (Sevierville) on Sunday?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 01:44 AM

There is alot going on it seems. I hate to say it but why can't we all just get along. I am anxious to see what Chris and Eric plan. If we go to a track--cool. If we hang out and BBQ & cruise--cool. If we do the car museum--cool. The main thing is that we are there to meet and greet and see what everyone's got under their hoods. I wanna see some SVTs. I'm deprived here in New Orleans. Whatever we do, it's not a competition. We are all there to have fun. Wanna talk smack, do it in the spirit of comradarie (spelling ). Where's the love, ya'll! LOL
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 03:36 AM

There is alot going on it seems. I hate to say it but why can't we all just get along. I am anxious to see what Chris and Eric plan. If we go to a track--cool. If we hang out and BBQ & cruise--cool. If we do the car museum--cool. The main thing is that we are there to meet and greet and see what everyone's got under their hoods. I wanna see some SVTs. I'm deprived here in New Orleans. Whatever we do, it's not a competition. We are all there to have fun. Wanna talk smack, do it in the spirit of comradarie (spelling ). Where's the love, ya'll! LOL

Very true!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 04:00 AM

Very true!

Hell I am just stoked to be going and hanging out with all y'all! Driving twisties around Nashville (Franklin) is just one a plus! On top of that, we get to meet even more CEGer's once in Franklin. This is just going to be so awsome! I hope I can get my torque convertor clutch solenoid worked out before then. It is cool now, but would just be another plus.
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 04:20 AM

To be sure, the neat park Chris has picked out in Franklin is like 90 minutes from HVL (two hours tops).
Don't freak that all the details on N'ville for Saturday aren't up yet. It's still 8 weeks away!

Rich has done a super job of rallying everybody for a good time in HVL. Chris isn't sure he can get down on Friday but I'll try to bring down some route sheets/maps for the Nashville Hill Tour. There will be some great roads among the hills and hollows(hollers?) and neat places to pull off for the views and to talk 'tours. There's a private collection of performance Fords in Columbia that I'll try to get access to for those interested.

More than anything Chris wanted us to have a cool place to see each others' cars, kick tires and get in some great driving. All the routes take us out of the traffic areas. If you're looking for a boulevard cruise, we'll have to send you 'downtown.'

I don't want to speak out of turn for Chris but I know he's been out of town and everyone's anxious to hear what's happening. You're a really jazzed bunch of people to show this much excitement for an event a couple months off! Still,it's been a funky winter and we all need to be looking forward to this meet.

Look for the new thread , probably next week, on the Nashville Hill Tour. Later, docc
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 05:01 AM

There's a private collection of performance Fords in Columbia that I'll try to get access to for those interested.

that would be cool to go see.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 05:59 AM
OK...Heads up!

Who is staying where and when will you be getting here....

Remember, if we can get a group of you together at the same place, we can put something on their billboard. We will take pics of the billboard and pump up their management so that they tell their managers that CEGers are good people and deserve group rates......yaada yaada...

Oh yeah and hey, any fights break out here or smack that will lead to a fight, you get stuffed in your trunk and I will call your mom to come take you home!

Any questions?

L8R
Rich
Posted By: doccs98svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 02:08 PM
There's a cluster of motels at exit 65, I 65, that would be convenient and inexpensive for anyone staying up here Satpm. I'll check into rates and phone numbers.

The collection of Fords in Columbia is about 40 minutes of backroads from the park. There are about 8-10 cars including a Shelby and a 427 Fairlane ( black, my 'tour's grandfather!), and lots of memorabilia including some hi-perf engines out on stands. I'll check further into getting the guy to open up for us.Again, I'm hooking up with Chris to be sure it's do-able. He's the rallymaster.

Make sure your tire pressures are up and check those brake pads! docc
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/03/03 06:51 PM
OK...Heads up!

Remember, if we can get a group of you together at the same place, we can put something on their billboard. We will take pics of the billboard and pump up their management so that they tell their managers that CEGers are good people and deserve group rates......yaada yaada...

Oh yeah and hey, any fights break out here or smack that will lead to a fight, you get stuffed in your trunk and I will call your mom to come take you home!

Any questions?

L8R
Rich

Call me "THE ENFORCER"!
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/04/03 12:40 AM
OK...Heads up!

Any questions?
L8R
Rich

Call me "THE ENFORCER"!

Oh I'm scared now

I think most of us will crash at the Econo Lodge. I will be booking that on Friday of this week (March 7). Let me know via PM or email if we are going to try and get a discount. A group rate would be most excellent, but the hotel is pretty cheap to begin with. Can't wait to see the hills in Franklin either! Woohoo!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/04/03 02:47 AM
Yeah I think those of use that are talking in here have stated that we will be staying at the EconoLodge. Cool with me!

Hey! Does anyone coming to the meet, that will be in either Nashville or Huntsville, have a copy of Alex Peper's OBD-II software. You know, vehicle explorer! If so, I would really like to check it out and ask that you help me do some troubleshooting on my ride. I am having some Torque Convertor Solenoid Clutch problems that I would like to get some info on. I am finding that it is kinda hard to troubleshoot this solenoid without a graph type tool and this thing is the ticket. Problem is... I cannot afford it right now. If anyone has this and would like to help me out, just PM me! Please! Yeah I am begging. I also got my finger crossed.

Hey Rich! I might be hollering at you later tonight! Just a heads up if you are online.
Posted By: tiv_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/04/03 04:25 AM
Hey! Does anyone coming to the meet, that will be in either Nashville or Huntsville, have a copy of Alex Peper's OBD-II software.

If you won't forget to remind me just before the meet...
Tiv
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/04/03 05:23 AM
I wont! I have been playing around with the version that you can download with the sample file of the 2002 S10 for about 30 minutes or so. This thing is very cool!!

Will you be coming to Huntsville that Friday? If not it is no biggy.

If we did a bunch of recording on Friday night or Saturday, will I be able to still replay the logs in the working version I have now? I would think that it would though.

Thanks big time for this!!
Posted By: topgunz_1_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/04/03 07:13 PM
it's looking like I should be able to make it with at least one coug unless he rides with me (he has kaminari front, 01-02 razzi sides, kaminari rear, visteon wing, GC's, 18's dragon tail hood and custom paint), not sure what other cougas can make it, havent put out a general invite to my group yet. I'm into racing but dont know about 1/8th mile, seems like it'd be over too fast to be fun. Also...if we're playin pool I'm in!

heather: since you cant make it this weeekend I'll keep giving you heads up on our meets, you can see at least one SVT!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/05/03 09:31 AM
Originally posted by topgunz_1:
it's looking like I should be able to make it with at least one coug unless he rides with me (he has kaminari front, 01-02 razzi sides, kaminari rear, visteon wing, GC's, 18's dragon tail hood and custom paint), not sure what other cougas can make it, havent put out a general invite to my group yet. I'm into racing but dont know about 1/8th mile, seems like it'd be over too fast to be fun.

Put in the invite!!!!

Does the word HUGE....mean anything to anyone when used in conjunction with the words CAR MEET.

Yes bring em...I mean...c'mon, when on earth are you gonna be able to say "yeah, we went to the strip where there was this really neato 'classic fiero' meet and a car show happened...and mulletts went flying it was really swell!"

So hey, bring em. The track thing is a "Test and Tune" which means you can run your car and see how it does. Just for grins. You don't HAVE to run! You can watch if you want.

The whole point of this is a get together. Eat some BBQ, trade stories on busted knuckles and broken parts, do some OBD scanning, volleyball, pool, track....hey, it is just gonna be a blast. Then Saturday, Franklin TN!

Don't forget to bring some cabbage to help with the BBQ! Bring your lawnchairs too.

Phil, you and Heather are gonna be my helper cooks. My father in law will get the coals running.

If more people are coming from out of town, looks like econolodge will be the place...HEATHER...Ask them how many rooms have been reserved for those dates and as of the time you do your reservation, how many rooms will be vacant. If you hear, "oh...about 100"...cool, less, worry or get a concrete head count.....Ask them about the bilboard.

I need an addy for the econolodge to scope it out for you.

Cool kids! This gonna be a Huge event. Also...remember, May is coming, with this kind of turnout, I could get us space at Alabama Jubilee in Decatur for the car show...I have posted links to the website.....somewhere...in..here...they do judge. I don't know if they will judge our cars cause it is primarily a classic, muscle car event.

Do a google search for "Alabama Jubilee in Point Mallard Park" for details on that.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/05/03 06:33 PM
I will be offical modder! Looks like there will be a CTA intake to install.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/05/03 09:24 PM
I will find out what is going on at the Econo Lodge when I call on Friday or whatever. Phil, have you called to book the place? Actually, check your PMs. I am not even sure of the address.

Assistant cooker!!! I'll bring my apron.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a CTA intake install. And I will definitely be helping with that, or watching closely.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/06/03 01:13 AM
You havent ordered it yet????????
Luckily theres more than one left!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/06/03 03:37 AM
Steve have you talked to you boss yet about that weekend?
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/06/03 04:27 AM

sounds good hector, i got springs and a splitter that need to go on........
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/06/03 05:50 AM

sounds good hector, i got springs and a splitter that need to go on........

Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/06/03 01:02 PM
I will find out what is going on at the Econo Lodge when I call on Friday or whatever. Phil, have you called to book the place? Actually, check your PMs. I am not even sure of the address.

Actually I have not called. Things have been so crazy around here! Guess I will need to start a new thread to see who is staying in huntsville and how many nights. Would not do much good to call about discount accomaditions and not knowing how many will be showing up.

I will call this morning, ASAP, and get all the details and start a new thread with all the details.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/07/03 07:54 AM

Actually I have not called. Things have been so crazy around here! Guess I will need to start a new thread to see who is staying in huntsville and how many nights. Would not do much good to call about discount accomaditions and not knowing how many will be showing up.

I will call this morning, ASAP, and get all the details and start a new thread with all the details.

Thread has been started!

It is only for the reservation side of the meet. Anything about activities and hollaring back and forth can be done here. Remember, it is only for reservations. We need to keep it short and sweet so that we don't mess your room accomodations up. There is a "form" to use for required info. Quote the form, and edit it with the necessary info.

We need to make sure that we get all the info on the people coming from other forums get this info and get us a list if need be. We need to know so that we can make any changes to the room situation.

Everyone thank Phillip (unisys12) and his wife or stepping up and getting the ball rolling on the hotel. And if the econolodge is located on the Parkway, the main drag thru HSV, the billboard will be seen by lots and lots and lots of people!

My recomendation for everyone as well....get here as early as you can. This looks like it will be a full day! The earlier a jump we can make the better.

The TN crew!!! Have we planned for a rain date?

You are right...it won't rain! But in case....

Activities on the 25th:
1. Mods and cleanup from the trip, tests and final tunes.
2. BBQ and Volleyball....if we still have room left.
3. TN meeting...maps handed out, discussion on next meet, possibly as early as May in decatur...info taken and related to the CEG website as close to real time as possible to allow other CEGers that cannot make the meet to voice and "join in"
4. Track time at Hsv dragstrip. Test and tune...baseline runs.
5. Drive around HSV? (in original plans...we shall see)

All these activities are on in bounced around a time frame...we shall see how it all plays.

Make sure you fill up on your medicine! This is gonna rock!

And now it looks like a three day meet!!! Way cool!

Think of your best story to give...there will be others there to talk too.

And what is up with everyone changing their names? LOL

L8R
Rich
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/07/03 05:46 PM
I have a great story.

That sounds great Rich. I will be up there as early as I can. My friend informed me that we will have to stop frequently. Grrr. So I told her then we will leave at 6am. I am still shooting for a 2pm arrival (especially if I can get the CTA installed).If we do the track thing, I'll just be a cheerleader or something. I still want to possibly hang out and shoot some pool. I've got some diet coke to win! And I will win, Phil! Which reminds me..THANKS PHIL!!!

***repeating mantra*** it will not rain, it will not rain.

Can't wait to check out what Chris and the TN guys have been up to. This is going to be an awesome weekend.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/07/03 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LocoChick'95:
I have a great story.

That sounds great Rich. I will be up there as early as I can. My friend informed me that we will have to stop frequently. Grrr. So I told her then we will leave at 6am. I am still shooting for a 2pm arrival (especially if I can get the CTA installed).If we do the track thing, I'll just be a cheerleader or something. I still want to possibly hang out and shoot some pool. I've got some diet coke to win! And I will win, Phil! Which reminds me..THANKS PHIL!!!

***repeating mantra*** it will not rain, it will not rain.

Can't wait to check out what Chris and the TN guys have been up to. This is going to be an awesome weekend.

What's the story?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/07/03 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
What's the story?

Nothing much, but I think it's a good story. You'll have to wait until April to hear it.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/08/03 02:11 AM
What's the story?

Nothing much, but I think it's a good story. You'll have to wait until April to hear it.

why must we wait till april to hear it?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/08/03 02:23 AM
What's the story?

Because I said so.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/08/03 02:30 AM
What's the story?

Because I said so.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/08/03 06:05 AM
What's the story?

Don't I know this story?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/10/03 03:52 AM
What's the story?

Don't I know this story?

You may have heard it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/10/03 03:53 AM
What's the story?

Don't I know this story?

You may have heard it.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/10/03 06:01 AM
What's the story?

Don't I know this story?

You may have heard it.

You kids and your stories.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/11/03 04:39 AM
What's the story?

Don't I know this story?

You may have heard it.

You kids and your stories.

Yeah...sheesh...no doubt!

Ok...Everyone staying over in HSV, I need a roll call! Those of you going to stay, roll call on the other thread about the hotel arrangements.

I need an overall roll call since we kinda got off track.

Those of you coming to HSV and TN, tell us so that we can know if plans have changed, those of you going to one or the other...state that...

This is just to freshen up the thread and gain a bearing for how many are coming, and what tech work we will be doing.

Remember to bring lawn chairs.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 12:39 AM
just wanted to get this thread back up to the top...i am still working on the nashville plans so don't worry guys....i haven't heard from doc in awhile though,i will be emailing him later and trying to get all the plans together asap...i will start a new thread with all the info as soon as i can ...

i went to check out the park i've been eyeing last saturday and it was packed to the max,no parking spaces at all...i am hoping that it was just because the weather's been crappy lately,and it was a beautiful sunny day in the 60's last sat...hopefully that is why it was packed...i am going to check it out tommorrow also...i found another park about 2 miles from that one that was empty...it is just a little harder to get to than the other one is all...

i will make the final decision this weekend,and try to get with doc,and get all the info to you guys asap...........
Posted By: robzride_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 01:41 AM
hey chrisilver if i was to happen to have a steeda shifter in a box in my car at the nashville meet ya think i could get an on hands how to and watch it magically find its way on top of the tranny? some run on ? huh.

Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 02:29 AM
Originally posted by robzride:
hey chrisilver if i was to happen to have a steeda shifter in a box in my car at the nashville meet ya think i could get an on hands how to and watch it magically find its way on top of the tranny? some run on ? huh.

no problem man...i can get it put in for you...as long as you or someone else can bring a CORDLESS drill or dremel with an assortment of bits with them(i don't have a cordless one)i can install it in about 30 minutes for you....
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 03:12 AM

no problem man...i can get it put in for you...as long as you or someone else can bring a CORDLESS drill or dremel with an assortment of bits with them(i don't have a cordless one)i can install it in about 30 minutes for you....

I would love to see this!! Can't wait to see the new thread with all the details Chris!
Posted By: robzride_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 03:16 AM

thanks for the offer i'll make sure to bring my cordless drill and bits.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/15/03 02:27 PM
"Magically find it's way" on the car, eh? LOL Woohoo! I get to watch some modding, other than my CTA of course. Yeah Chris, keep us posted man. I'm sure anything ya'll plan will be fine.
Posted By: robzride_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/16/03 01:00 AM
hey while im thinking about it im going to sell my e-1s. anyone going to the nashville meet that wants to buy a set? if so drop me a pm and will work out the details.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/17/03 02:23 AM
"Magically find it's way" on the car, eh? LOL Woohoo! I get to watch some modding, other than my CTA of course. Yeah Chris, keep us posted man. I'm sure anything ya'll plan will be fine.

Did I see mods? LOL
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/17/03 04:28 PM
Mods? Who said mods?
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Nashville Meet Date - 03/21/03 04:44 AM
Mods? Who said mods?

Mods!!!!! Mods!!!!! Mods!!!! Mods!!!!

L8R
Rich
aka "The Mad Hatter"
© CEG Archives