Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2K SVT Statewide Florida meet - 11/07/02 08:51 PM
I know I'm going to regret this, but how many are ACTUALLY willing to have a full blown meet. It can be a work meet or a fun meet? I don't care which one, BUT DO NOT post if you don't plan on attending. The last few meets have been a disaster, and I do not want a repeat of planning a meet with only 4 people showing up. So talk is cheap...you guys want a meet...pick a place (North South East or West) and a date, and lets try to get something together.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 12:46 AM
well we can have it at my warehouse for a weekend in January when i finally get my 3L put in. I got a lil help from my friend PROJECT 3L DUE FEB 2003!!! so if you guys want to see that youll need a hotel but its going to be a full weekend in january for sure. and if jim agrees to come down ill have my apexi in aswell boooyah!
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 04:29 AM
My plea has been considered

I will personally hijack anyone's Contour who says they will come to a meet (if we have one) and doesn't show up Seriously though, the FL chapter needs to rejuvenate itself. People have been gracious enough to host meets at their own homes or spend time arranging events, and 1/6 of the people show up. To the new faces, even if you don't have anything to do to your car, it's always fun to help out, hang out, and chill out.

As for me, Im 99.9% sure ill make a meet if its in central FL, north FL, or anywhere in between. If it ends up being down south, Ill see when that bridge needs to be crossed. Jim or anyone considering hosting, any idea when we're talking about having this? The best time(s) IMO would be either during Thanksgiving weekend or before/after Christmas. Thanksgiving may be too early as its only 3 weeks away.... but who knows.
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 12:52 PM
West Coast, I'll come, southwest that is..around the BAT area.

Eric
Posted By: reFLEX Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 02:05 PM
Sarasota meet!
Posted By: BDR Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 03:46 PM
i say Orlando or Miami!
Posted By: reFLEX Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 05:50 PM
Miami sounds fun..
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 07:03 PM
Originally posted by svttour:
well we can have it at my warehouse for a weekend in January when i finally get my 3L put in. I got a lil help from my friend PROJECT 3L DUE FEB 2003!!! so if you guys want to see that youll need a hotel but its going to be a full weekend in january for sure. and if jim agrees to come down ill have my apexi in aswell boooyah!

as long as we don't meet at Sam's warehouse, sorry Sam
I'd like to get together for a picnic. I'd like to see some other modded Contours.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/08/02 09:19 PM
I'm seeing area's in which to meet, but who has a house we can use or knows of a nice park to meet at. This doesn't have to be an all weekend thing just.

Second...what do we want to do...fun meet at a park or a work meet? If we meet at a park, we might need to rent a pavilion or area.

So speak up!!!!
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 05:03 AM
If we have enough people I can reserve a pavillion at a park located in North Miami Beach, Greynolds Park. It's 3 blocks away from my house and I would have no problem reserving it. I will confirm the reservation if we get at least 12 members, meaning maybe 8 will actually show up.
Sam also mentioned T.Y. park in Hollywood. If he wants to reserve a pavillion, we could also do that.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DeepDishSVT:
If we have enough people I can reserve a pavillion at a park located in North Miami Beach, Greynolds Park. It's 3 blocks away from my house and I would have no problem reserving it. I will confirm the reservation if we get at least 12 members, meaning maybe 8 will actually show up.
Sam also mentioned T.Y. park in Hollywood. If he wants to reserve a pavillion, we could also do that.

Is any money going to be invloved in either case? Because I hate to shell out money for a wasted time. Also which is further north? Since I would like to makr it a central as possible incase any of the Northern poeople decide to make it.
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 2K SVT:

Is any money going to be invloved in either case? Because I hate to shell out money for a wasted time. Also which is further north? Since I would like to makr it a central as possible incase any of the Northern poeople decide to make it.

It will cost about 20 dollars to reserve the pavillion for a day. I have no problem shelling out the money as long as we get enough people and everybody brings food. The park Sam mentioned to me is in T.Y. park (further north). He was discussing organizing a picnic there a while back. I also hope that we can all have a fun meet, take pictures of our cars etc.
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 06:23 PM
$20 isn't bad AS LONG AS PEOPLE SHOW UP. Anybody hav any other ideas for places to meet? What about time frame?
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 07:02 PM
Depending on when and where......I'm interested.

I apologize for the lack of organized meets, but after organizing several and have lackluster turnouts.....I got burned out.

I'm happy to see that someone else is picking up the reins and is trying to get something going.

Let me ask this......is there a theme of this meet? What I mean is....is it a working meet or a playing meet....or both?

I organized a playing meet a year and half ago at Dave and Buster's in Hollywood in conjunction with the NECO group. We had 8 'Tours show up.

As far as working meets go...I just fix stuff or replace stuff when I have time. I do need to replace my front/rear sway bar bushings, oil pan gasket and my fuel filter.....all these parts should be here next week.

So...lets see some more discussions....I'm listening..........
Posted By: 2K SVT Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 08:47 PM
OK...Who wants a work meet and who wants a fun meet?
I would be willing to host at my house again, but only if I get some turn out. I am with in 3-5 hours of pretty much any place in Florida so there should be no excuses.
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/09/02 08:47 PM
I think I will be in Miami (Coral Gables) around Jan 4. Not to sound egocentric, but if we do have this in South FL, any possibility of having it around this time?

Jim, I don't have a preference about the theme. We could always mix and match if no one has any time consuming jobs to be done.
Posted By: 95MID Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/10/02 06:11 PM
i agree with west coast!
Posted By: friction_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 06:26 AM
I'd be down for a work meet, depending on where it is.
Posted By: svtman15_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 10:02 AM
i'm always down for a meet(as long as i can make it). if it's a work meet i can see if we can do it at my shop in hollywood (ryan or sam know about it). this all depends on if i can make it or not, i hate to say that.

for the boys in tampa\mid-west area...a few of us should be going to an autocross this weekend at valencia in orlando.
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:
Depending on when and where......I'm interested.

I apologize for the lack of organized meets, but after organizing several and have lackluster turnouts.....I got burned out.

I'm happy to see that someone else is picking up the reins and is trying to get something going.

Let me ask this......is there a theme of this meet? What I mean is....is it a working meet or a playing meet....or both?

I organized a playing meet a year and half ago at Dave and Buster's in Hollywood in conjunction with the NECO group. We had 8 'Tours show up.

As far as working meets go...I just fix stuff or replace stuff when I have time. I do need to replace my front/rear sway bar bushings, oil pan gasket and my fuel filter.....all these parts should be here next week.

So...lets see some more discussions....I'm listening..........

Dave and Busters in Hollywood sounds like a good deal also. I really want to get some pics of our SVT's together to put in an album. I'm interested in the D&B idea. Neil
Posted By: KevinSVT Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 03:26 PM
I would Love to make it to a meet, But im Up in Panama City.. So Miami, sarasota, and hollywood are all a bit to far for me to make with my work schedual..
Posted By: drerok_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 07:36 PM
Cecil Field Commerce Center in Jacksonville is a nice place too. Picnic Pavilions can be reserved for FREE...There's restroom facilities, volley ball court, baseball fields, fishing in the lake, football area, huge grills, and covered picnic areas. Just another suggestion...Miami is to far for me!
Posted By: BDR Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/11/02 08:16 PM
no north east, central or south for me!!!
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/12/02 04:52 AM
Originally posted by 2K SVT:
OK...Who wants a work meet and who wants a fun meet?
I would be willing to host at my house again, but only if I get some turn out. I am with in 3-5 hours of pretty much any place in Florida so there should be no excuses.

Oh....there are always excuses!! LOL

I'd be willing to go up to Orlando for a meet to hang out at Jim's...........

Or I could go over to svtman15(andre) and go to his warehouse.

I'm up for either.........lets see some potential dates and locations.............
Posted By: BDR Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/12/02 05:01 AM
lets do it some were there is a warehouse!!!
Posted By: NavSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/12/02 03:26 PM
I personally would love to go to a meet and get to meet some of you. However, if we are going to do an all florida meet we need to try and consider a location that allows the majority of us a reasonable drive (2.5-3hrs)anything longer would elimiate entire sections of the state.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/12/02 07:05 PM
So far i see a few branches we are running into positively. Those are andres(svtman15) warehouse for a huge working meet. there can fit up to 8 cars at a time if its empty. a hydraulic lift is available and pizza pizza pizza.. Umm for those who want a fun meet a prk is always handy for haveing a good cookout and kicking back with a few heinies~!

IDEA.... since most people want to make this somewhere south we could make it for a weekend. people get here friday night lodging is up to you guys i know my house is too small for anyone to stay. saturday we have a working meet at dres shop if he cant make it we could go to mine but its has less tools and convenience than what dres shop has to offer. and we work on our cars all day. Then Sunday we have a fun meet at a aprk have a cookout and take pictures of all the cars after they have been worked on washed and waxed. Thats my idea but it will have to be really organized since lodging for those of you coming from up north and middle florida would have to combine and group buy some hotel rooms. they will be cheap if you guys get 2 rooms for 5 people a room. cmon guys this is like a trip not a luxury vacation you guys need to bargain bust a little in order to have a blast. besides you guys would only be in the hotel rooms to sleep then in the morning back with the gang all in favor say I!

I!!!!
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/12/02 11:32 PM
i live in jax florida but i am willing to drive to a meet down south i mean shoot i need to go to sarasota anyways and get some stuff from that store like an intake hehe
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 04:40 AM
some already know, I will be done in miami in Jan to do some 3.0 work. would love to have a meet there, to put some faces to these names.

Micah
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Micah:
some already know, I will be done in miami in Jan to do some 3.0 work. would love to have a meet there, to put some faces to these names.

Micah

DAAAMN micah you spoiled the surprise I havent told anyone about you helping me with my 3L in JAN. oh well I think i told a few poeple. But anywho the secret is out my 3l scheduled to be complete JAN 2003

just a cool coincidence my car was built 1/22/99 imagine I get my 3L running on 1/22/2003 that would be great.
Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:25 AM
Sam you shouldnt be setting a set date for when you want it done. You should get the attitude of when it gets done it gets done. If you rush things something bad will happen.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:30 AM
sam what am i rushing ive had the block since feb of 2002 i hope i dont get flammed but [censored] when you dont have $$ there is no work that can be done.
Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:32 AM
You are ghetto fabulous.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:39 AM
You know how im livin ( beats starts) sittin in my leather wrapped svt strapped ready to take on these ricey asz cats with a tripple guage set on the glass and my foot steppin heavy on the gas almost a secod till that red light has to pass and turn green so i can leave the scene a money makin machine with another win to claim clean. WHaaat
Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:43 AM
Don't quit your day job.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 05:54 AM
Originally posted by PhatSVT:
Don't quit your day job.

Yeah if i had a day job to quit id keep it
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 10:21 AM
PhatSVT, ask the South Central people if they wouldn't mind trading Sams for awhile...
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 03:47 PM
My bad man, thought it was known. well now it is ehehhe. who will I see in Jan?

Micah
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/13/02 08:40 PM

Get it right, you CO-ORGANIZED. I can look up my old posts if you want... Credit where credit is due. ProbeTalk was also invited, only 1 showed though. Good times.

Sorry I haven't been more active with CEG since last years few meets @ Moroso & the meet @ D&B's. Graduating this year is kicking my @$$. End of the year / January sounds better to me, school will be slow enough for me to get away for a while. I'll see if I can get Breidy / BB / whoever else I see to come along.

Also, for the local folk... there's another AutoX @ Metrozoo in Miami on the 23rd & 24th. Free to watch, could have a mini-meet.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/14/02 03:22 AM
Yo chris word on the street is sam might come down for my 3L swap. i heard it throught the internet grape vine.
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/14/02 02:49 PM

Micah

Micah... Maybe you can finally drop me a line fag .... I will ride out with ya'll.... I don't want to put all those miles on my car though but will if need be.... ... May I ride with you or Rich?? Or we can make it a real deal and we'll all ride out together.. ROAD TRIP..... Hahahahahahahhahaha...
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/14/02 03:30 PM
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:

Get it right, you CO-ORGANIZED. I can look up my old posts if you want... Credit where credit is due. ProbeTalk was also invited, only 1 showed though. Good times.

Nice try, but "in conjunction with the NECO group" = CO-ORGANIZED

Regardless.....I was majorly burnt out after that meet....I swear I got more gray hairs during that evening!!!!

My bad man, thought it was known. well now it is ehehhe. who will I see in Jan?
Micah

Micah....do you think you could help a fellow nipple pincher out with installing a new clutch and flywheel??

In case you want to reminisce, here are the links to
Spring Zing.

Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/15/02 03:10 AM
I did recieve a new job and start in January and will have to see when I am working. Guess where at too? Home of the Contour/Mystique. Now known as the Escape/Tribute Plant. So it will be pimp to roll into the plant with the SVT Contour knowing it's back at home.

I want to come down and help out more than anything, but priotities my son.
Posted By: Antiramie_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/18/02 07:20 AM
Whats going on with this? Looks like Christmas break will be the best time to have a meet. Now who can host it, and who can make it there?

BTW, If I see this thread go to the basement again....PAIN! LOTS OF PAIN!!!
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/19/02 01:51 AM
It looks like the interest for a meet just fizzled out. It looks like it's not going to happen. The topic sort of changed half way through the posts. Seemed like the idea was sabotaged.
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/20/02 04:00 AM
It looks like the interest for a meet just fizzled out. It looks like it's not going to happen. The topic sort of changed half way through the posts. Seemed like the idea was sabotaged.

Sabotaged.......yeah....it's all Sam's fault!!!
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/20/02 05:07 PM
HAHAHAH good one... wait a sec which sam
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/20/02 08:00 PM
throw me a little money and a nipple pinch and we will do a clutch and flywheel job! I work for a little money till I get a job!! so start making some schedules for me. I need money lol. so is the meet in O-town or Miami?

Micah
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/20/02 11:09 PM
micah no one knows what meet is where... man but im getting the warehouse ready for my big swap i gotta order all new gaskets,..
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/21/02 06:20 AM
throw me a little money and a nipple pinch and we will do a clutch and flywheel job! I work for a little money till I get a job!! so start making some schedules for me. I need money lol. so is the meet in O-town or Miami?
Micah

I'd prefer the Miami area...since I live there! I'll slide you some money my friend. I'm sure you're cheaper than a mechanic......well...you're cheaper than a lot of people...but I won't get into that now!

When exactly will you be down in the Sunshine State?

Hey Sam....can you talk to Andre and see if we can line up his shop, because we're going to need the lift to do my clutch.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/21/02 02:30 PM
Do you have the list of what you need to order? gaskets, new head bolts, etc etc. if you have a question on what to order throw me a line. pre98@trudellbio.com

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/21/02 02:34 PM
Hey what clutch and flywheel did you get? do we have a lift where we are going to be? I plan on being down in mid to end jan. My set date is jan 15th, but that can get push if I dont have the money to move. Will keep everyone posted. is everyone trying to plan out an all weekend crazy mod meet? if so I am going to be one busy motha. if I finish it all in one weekend I have to get sometime of prize. lol

Micah
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/24/02 11:50 PM
Damn... here's a thought.

I have an old friend of my father's who's a member of the BMWCCA. I'm going to get in touch with him next week about track events @ Homestead / Sebring. Maybe we could join up with them and chip in for track time. I'll be back with info.
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/25/02 02:36 AM
Hey what clutch and flywheel did you get? do we have a lift where we are going to be? I plan on being down in mid to end jan. My set date is jan 15th, but that can get push if I dont have the money to move. Will keep everyone posted. is everyone trying to plan out an all weekend crazy mod meet? if so I am going to be one busy motha. if I finish it all in one weekend I have to get sometime of prize. lol

Micah

I haven't ordered anything yet....I'm waiting to see when your move is finalized. I'll probably just order an SVT clutch and flywheel as I'm not planning on doing anything 'serious' powerwise to the Shark and my stock clutch is still working at 155,500 miles.

I look forward to seeing you in January big dog!!!!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/25/02 02:30 PM
doing some apartment looking right now. if anyone knows of some good cheap appartments in the winter park/ orlando area let me know.

svt setup on the clutch would work real nice. cant wait to see the shark again oh and pinch your nipples. lol

Micah
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/25/02 10:22 PM
Found this. Chin Motorsports
Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/26/02 06:42 AM
Micah...I'll order the clutch parts soon from Bill. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in January-ish. If we can't find a lift....is there any way we can still do the clutch? I've got some jack stands......and nipples....
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Statewide Florida meet - 11/26/02 08:29 PM
Ryan,
Removing the tranny(access to the clutch), requires dropping the front subframe, and "tilting" the engine to get the tranny to slide out. I saw my car when it was on the lift last week(with the tranny out), and I don't know if I would be brave enough to do it without a lift....Maybe I'm a wuss?? On a side note, pm me when you find out the price of the stock SVT clutch disc/PP, maybe I can hook you up with a Centerforce D/F for a similiar cost. Also, I would go with a Quaife, definitely worth the extra money.
© CEG Archives