Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 09/05/02 11:30 PM
Who is going, or at least planning on going?

So far it's me, Perry, Blake, Simon, Wthermans, possibly Chris A. and Blorton, who else?

There are plenty of 'other' roads in the area. Dragon has kinda gotten a bad rep. lately, especially on the TN side. Such as troopers videotaping bikers and handing out tickets for drag racing even though they weren't and the like.

If I go, I'll be taking my bike, ditto for Blorton I'm sure.

So, who else is in?

-J

Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 01:00 AM
Originally posted by JVT:
If I go, I'll be taking my bike, ditto for Blorton I'm sure.

Posers.
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 01:29 AM
Where do you plan on meeting up at?
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Faze Away:

Robbinsville, North Carolina

I'll probably be there Friday evening - Sunday morning. There's a few small hotels there to stay out. Most of us stayed at one tiny little place last year, but Chris A stayed at a little nicer joint. What was the name of it, Chris? I'm going to try to stay there this year...

www.tailofthedragon.com and www.dealsgap.com for more info on the area...
Posted By: Faze Away_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 01:38 AM
sweet, I won't even have to stay at a hotel, since it's just an hour drive to robbinsville, I'll see what I can do about coming.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 02:43 AM
Originally posted by perry:
Originally posted by Faze Away:

Robbinsville, North Carolina

I'll probably be there Friday evening - Sunday morning. There's a few small hotels there to stay out. Most of us stayed at one tiny little place last year, but Chris A stayed at a little nicer joint. What was the name of it, Chris? I'm going to try to stay there this year...

www.tailofthedragon.com and www.dealsgap.com for more info on the area...

It was some really weird name. For about $5 more, the rooms had A/C and cable. P, ask Grady, he should remember.
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Chris Arslanyan:

It was some really weird name. For about $5 more, the rooms had A/C and cable. P, ask Grady, he should remember.

I think it was a Microtel? Not positive though.
Posted By: Drumnut_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/24/02 07:44 AM
Chris and someone else stayed at the Microtel next door. The rest of us were at the San-Ran motel.

BTW - I plan on being there too. Too bad my mom won't be meeting us up there with the coolers full of snacks.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/25/02 03:56 AM
MicroTel! Yeah, I've stayed at one in Rochester, NY a few years back...good rooms for decent prices.

You guys are going to kill me, I am house sitting for my parents until 6 Oct! UGH! Is 5 Oct set in stone? If so, take lots of vids/pix!

I'll post on the list too.
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/25/02 11:47 PM
i'm still in....the 5th works best for me b/c it's an open weekend in auburn's football schedule.... can't you get a substitute sitter there, chris?

i'll talk to wes fenner tonight, probably, and i'll see if that weekend works for him. i know he was wanting to get together sometime this fall, and this would be an excellent reunion opportunity....

now we just gotta pry ol' mr. brain away from his lady-roommate-situation down there in athens.....that, and make sure the altima's hadn't given up the ghost yet.
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/26/02 07:43 PM
wes said last night that the oct. 5th weekend works for him....are we going to plan on that, or....???
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/26/02 10:00 PM
Originally posted by blake:
i'm still in....the 5th works best for me b/c it's an open weekend in auburn's football schedule.... can't you get a substitute sitter there, chris?

I would love to be able to get out of house sitting, but my parents don't want to pay for someone to watch the dogs and cats. UGH! Blake, can you and Wes make it any another weekend, maybe in November? Can you other guys get there in Nov too, or is Oct the best time?
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/26/02 10:15 PM
October 28 & 29 (Monday and Tuesday) is my Fall break. I could make it then, if folks wanted to ride around the Dragon on Sunday and miss work on Monday instead of Friday. I have this suspicion that I'll have tests on that Friday, and it'd be best for me to take those on time.

Looks like Auburn is at home that weekend, playing on Saturday. Any idea what time, Blake (website doesn't say..)? Could you leave after the game?

I doubt that it snows that early in that area, but it's something to keep in the back of our minds...
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/27/02 03:13 AM
10/26 is the AU/LSU game - pretty big game; i'm definitely going to that one. i would be back in b'ham regardless that night, so i could prolly drive up sunday morning - i'm leery of committing to a saturday night drive, since that could be a night game and auburn is 2 hours in the wrong direction from the dragon. i can't really afford to take more than a day off work, so.....if it were a sunday/monday-only thing i could probably make then (or really any other weekend, for that matter, except for the nov. 8-10 weekend).

any later in november and i start getting a little leery of the weather....october is probably the better month of the two. 10/19 is AU at florida....i may or may not be going to that one, so i could maybe do it that weekend....but if p. is preparing for exams that might not be so good.

Posted By: GHBBF1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/27/02 06:54 PM
someone call my name????
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/27/02 07:44 PM
That Altima better be making an appearence

Whenever you get a date finalized, I'll be there. I'm pretty open on the weekends so it shouldn't be a problem.

The earlier the better though. It can snow pretty early up in the Mountains.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/27/02 09:50 PM
When did we go last year? Wasn't it in early November? Grady, this time you need to stay and enjoy the warmth and compassion of local authorities.
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 01:07 AM
Got in touch w/ a older CEGer that most of you remember, Brian Fitzhugh, (red WRX now) and
told him about our dragon meet....

Asked him if he wanted to go, but replied saying he will have to watch the 'newborn(s)'.

Thas right, Mr. Goof himself is expecting not one, not two, but TRIPLETS later next month.

Everybody wish him good luck, as giving birth to 3 children is quite a bit more 'risky' than one...

Said we'll need to have a meet at his house sometime in the future and babysit the kids...

-John
Posted By: Sanctum_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 01:12 AM
Well I might be able to make it if the I can hit the dragon in this!!!:

Thanks for the good words Jon, we'll need all the help we can get.

- Brian
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 01:17 AM
Good luck with the kids Brian.

Do three baby seats even fit in the back of a WRX?

We need to get together soon.
Posted By: Potter Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 05:47 AM
John or Simon,

What's up?

I haven't been on the site for a long time. My old screen name was appstate98svt.

Are guys set on the 5th of October? I'll be in the Charlotte/Boone area the week of October 23rd with a new Maxima.

I'm out in California right now but will be in town for a few days.

Let me know.

Jason Potter

Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 01:34 PM
Wow!

Whats up Jason? I think Oct. 5 is pretty set in stone right now. Let John and I know when you are in the Charlotte area and we'll do lunch or something.

Later,
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/28/02 02:26 PM
jason! what's up!! long time no hear - how are things? how is california?

moved on to a maxima, huh? would that be the 6-spd SE version, or....?

anyway - re: the 5th - has this indeed been set, thus leaving chris A. out? or are we going w/ perry's post-exam break date of the 28-29th or whatever that was? i'm flexible - but i'll need to let wes know what we decide.
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/29/02 01:15 AM
With my $$ situation, the chances of me being able to go down there are dismal. About a 30% chance that I'll go. Stupid effing textbooks -- over $500 this semester. Stupid tires -- there goes another $500. Stupid minimum wage job. I need to start selling crack to make some money.

So don't make any arrangements based on me...
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/29/02 02:26 AM
Whoop, here they go, dropping like flies.

Blorton and Perry are down....

-J
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/29/02 04:16 AM
Originally posted by JVT:
Whoop, here they go, dropping like flies.

Blorton and Perry are down....

-J

Priorities, my man, priorities. I'd love to go, but it wouldn't be a fiscally sound decision. Things were a little easier last year, concerning both money and school. Kinda puts a damper on things, but the only reason I'm in Muncie is because I had too much fun in Atlanta...

I'll see how things play out, and try to make it, but I don't want to commit to a room and have people counting on me to go, and then pull a Tim at the last minute.
Posted By: Potter Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 08/30/02 06:24 AM
California is going well. I'll be heading back to Charlotte in February with my next position. I will actually have a rental car for a week while I'm visiting. I'll be in town unitl Monday, October 28th. I'll let you guys know when I'm out that way. I'm actually in the market for a car. Something $25k-under with a warranty. I'm in Ohio this weekend visiting my dad.

He just purchased a 1968 Mustang GT "S" Code 390 4V. It is Highland Green with nugget gold interior ( 1 of 774). An extremely clean car and fast! I'll give you guys the website address tomorrow or I will post the pictures.

Jason
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 09/02/02 11:49 PM
I will be at the Dragon from Sept 14-21st. I am bringing my R1 down with me....
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 09/05/02 11:30 PM
Welp, I'm out of the running as well.

I was informed by my boss that on Oct. 5th we are doing inventory, and inventory = EVERYBODY works.

I'mza pissed off motha.

Sorry guys...

-J
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 09/13/02 09:16 PM
well, with the number of folks bailing, i think i've kinda lost my enthusiasm for the trip. sounds like there wouldn't be more than a handful of us up there, and between that and the fact that there's an import show down in montgomery, AL, that weekend, i'm leaning toward bailing out myself. wes fenner is still coming up to my house in b'ham that weekend, but we may end up just going down to montgomery in lieu of a TOTD run.

Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Dragon Roll-Call - Oct. 5 - 09/15/02 10:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing. With quite a few dropping out, maybe we should just try and reschedule this for a later date.
© CEG Archives