Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 02:27 AM
I got my new tires mounted and finally washed the car; but that was last weekend. So sorry for the filthy car, that's week old Zaino/Meguiars shine.

Flying high over Chattanooga (and I-24):

And if anybody ever needs and prosthetic limbs, come see Dr. Stubbs in Chattanooga.
Posted By: OB1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 04:47 AM
Lookin good!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 03:45 PM
Nice......4X4!

Nice pics.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 06:23 PM
Shut up, Hector.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 10:04 PM
nice pix. backgrounds really set it off..
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 10:36 PM
Where does the Mequiars part come in with "Z"
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/06/06 10:47 PM
i use meg for tire shine and int shiney spray "Z" for everything else. i also use 1Z cockpit for daily int spray but meg int shine for shows.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

I've got a lot of everything. Meguiar's wash first, then Zaino synthetic (can't remember the #) then Meguiar's Gold class on top, then Zaino detail spray for super slippery shiney. Sorta like a Zaino/Meguiar's zebra.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:18 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

I've got a lot of everything. Meguiar's wash first, then Zaino synthetic (can't remember the #) then Meguiar's Gold class on top, then Zaino detail spray for super slippery shiney. Sorta like a Zaino/Meguiar's zebra.

I run mine through the car wash every 4 months whether it needs it or not.

Anyway, nice shiney car Eric! I miss my T-red Ruby...

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:24 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

I run mine through the car wash every 4 months whether it needs it or not.

Anyway, nice shiney car Eric! I miss my T-red Ruby...

Thanks Jim, but every 4 months, huh?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:30 AM
Yeah, every 4 months, that's a little overkill. Maybe once every 6-8 months.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:40 AM
Make sure you wait about a half day to put on that MGC, synthetics need time to set up
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 01:58 AM
I usually take all day to do the whole thing right. I'll lay down a coat of the Zaino and take it off. Then I'll go swimmin or something while the car's in the shade. We've got covered car wash sheds around here; that're free to the residents! None of the old folks around here bother to wash their Buicks and Lincolns; since they never drive 'em. I've been meaning to draw up some flyers and put up here and there to wash some of the old folks' cars for a little money.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 12:50 PM
The paint on my Mercury is pretty beat up. I have it in the plan to re-paint the entire car - or trade it in for a Jaguar XK8.

The wife & I came this close (* presses thumb & forefinger together tightly *) to buying an XK8 last Thursday, but we decided it is not quite the right time for a car payment; us buying another house & all. Give it time, my dream will happen.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: New rubbers + prosthetics!! - 08/07/06 09:27 PM
One of the new XK's? I saw a commercial for it the other day and thought it was a Maseratti until the end of the commercial.
© CEG Archives