Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/21/06 02:06 PM
In our "unofficial" post for the Fall Dragon Run it was decided that the second weekend in October (13th-15th) would be our best date as everyone seems to like that weekend. This gives us time to let www.tailofthedragon.com know about our plans and we can go up on their website like we've done in the past

This will be my fourth year in a row running the Dragon and it never gets old! I plan on bringing a couple SE MI CEG-ers to the run this year, I've made a promise to get SOMEONE down here with us. One local CEG-er looking to go is Trapps and his Volvo S60R! I expect that AWD beast to carve up the Dragon and speaking of "AWD Beast", Hector will be making his return after 2 years and is chomping at the bit to run his EVO , so he'll be coming down with as well. I have a couple other guys to target and either myself or them personally can come on in here with their RSVP

I can't stress enough how much fun the Dragon Run is, but to those who haven't run it before, let me give you some advice:

-tires and brakes MUST be in great shape

-run it normal the first time out

-DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO

-if you've got a crotch rocket behind you and he can pass, waive him by

-any other maintence should be done before hand, everything is maxed out in your car down there

-bring your 2-way radio

-HAVE FUN

We can either pass along hotel/motel/cabin info here or in a seperate post, but I stay in the cabins in Tellico Plains Tennessee. Its called Caney Creek Village www.caneycreekvillage.com I paid about $165.00 for 3 nights as I come in on Thursday, my travel day and I really like these cabins for a number of reasons. One is their clean and nice, like something your family owns but even more important is the fact that their right where the Cherahola Skyways starts. They also have a cabin that sleeps 8, so those of you looking to save some money and have a couple buddies coming along its perfect for you guys! The Skyway runs right into the Dragon and is an AWESOME road in its self The elevation changes are amazing, anywhere from 3-5,000 f+ with signs along the way to tell you as much. There's areas where you can pull over and take pics and even go to the restroom when nature calls I'd like to tell you that there's NOTHING out there though, so its something to keep in mind.

Please feel free to ask any questions, make comments, tell us how pumped up you are for the run, whether its your first time or 100th time I look forward to not only the run, but meeting up with everyone I only get to see once a year and making and meeting new friends out there, its all about the people out on the Dragon
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/21/06 04:09 PM
OK guys i have a tenative reservation for the largest cabin at Caney Creek for that weekend, it is 119 a night and split like 7 ways is 17 BUCKS A NIGHT! I need it know within 7 days from this post.
Cabin 6 is apparently the largest - Cabin 6:
2 Bedroom cabins with Jacuzzi or hot tub sleep 7,
full kitchen, satellite TV .....$129 nite.

Did we get $10 off because of off season?

But there is only 2 bedrooms? Or am I misreading something. It says the cabin can sleep 7. I guess they have cots or pull out couches.

*calling husband to get more answers*
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/21/06 09:34 PM
1st post says $165 for 3 nights is that per night? or for all three? It says it sleeps 8. Brad if the one your looking at is the biggest y only 7??? i'm confused lol
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/21/06 11:21 PM
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/21/06 11:28 PM
Originally posted by icysvt:
1st post says $165 for 3 nights is that per night? or for all three? It says it sleeps 8. Brad if the one your looking at is the biggest y only 7??? i'm confused lol

Sorry about that, but the cabin I get there is for 2 people as its basically got one room w/ one bed The price is unbeatable as well as the location
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

Sorry about that, but the cabin I get there is for 2 people as its basically got one room w/ one bed The price is unbeatable as well as the location

Yes, and that is where we'll be staying.
Trey if you go to the Caney Creek website under "rate sheet" it describes the largest cabin is a two bedroom that can sleep up to 7 people. Brad called and they quoted him $119 a night for that cabin. If seven people stay in that cabin, it breaks down to $17 dollars per person per night. We're talking Fri into Sat/Sat into Sun. *Brad's on the phone with you right now-but I'll keep typing anyway LOL*

So since Klasse Act and Evolution have their own cabins we'll have a pretty good party going espically if the cabins are like number 4, 5, and 6.

People in cabin 6 so far (Married couples get the bedrooms!):
1. Brad
2. Kristy
3. Ross
4. Trey
5. Brian

Hey Eric - you and your wife want spots 6 and 7? I can't be the only girl!

The sooner we get a solid reservation the better. October 14th is an OFF UT Football day. That means everyone will be getting married that weekend and wanting cabins/chalets. (as we ran into that problem last year trying to find a honeymoon place at the last minute). It also means more traffic potentially on the Dragon and in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.

I guess if more people want to do the run as time goes on (cough cough Amanda cough cough) maybe the other single room cabins will be avaiable. Hey Bonnie, want to stay at Caney Creek too? What about the friends you're bringing from Michigan Roger?

~I'm a Leo by the way.... If you can't tell. LOL Contrary to the state of my car and apartment I'm very organized.~ I apologize if I'm stepping on anyones toes.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 01:19 AM
I'm looking to get the "apple cabin", which is the second from last one, so I'm only a couple down from you guys in the "Palace".

As far as whom I'm bringing, well, I gotta send Trapps a PM about this because he told me to let him know when we set this up, so now that its set up I will I'm also looking at Stazi, Barge and Steeda to make the trip, we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best
Nah Pokat, we usually don't stay up there. We live an hour from Sweetwater; it's easier to just go home.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 02:52 AM
spot 6 taken. Sarah said she wants to go this time
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 12:33 PM
i would....but i'm more than likely not even running my car. i'll probably stay with my sister and relaxing in the hot tub
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Nah Pokat, we usually don't stay up there. We live an hour from Sweetwater; it's easier to just go home.

LOL So? We live 20-30 minutes tops from the Dragon and we're planning on staying the night. Its nice to get away from it all even if you're just a few miles from home.

spot 6 taken. Sarah said she wants to go this time

Yeay!!!!

Originally posted by BiggityBon:
i would....but i'm more than likely not even running my car. i'll probably stay with my sister and relaxing in the hot tub

No biggie that you're not going to run it - but you are at least bringing your car down right? We gotta get pics of the only green SVT!

1. Brad
2. Kristy
3. Ross
4. Trey
5. Brian
6. Sarah
I'll call Zach tonight, but more likely than not, he'll take that last spot.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 06:28 PM
Ok. So would you guys want me to go ahead and make the deposit?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 10:47 PM
Looking to be some fun! Come on OCTOBER!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/22/06 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf:
Ok. So would you guys want me to go ahead and make the deposit?

FWIW, I paid for mine in full already Does anyone of you guys have dibs on the large cabin, she told me someone did and was waiting to hear from them. Like I said before, if you can't get those the lady at Caney Creek will steer you in the direction of another local cabin, thats how they are down there

This is going to be the best Fall Dragon Run ever, I can feel it
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 01:31 AM
Originally posted by pokat302:

1. Brad
2. Kristy
3. Ross
4. Brian
5. Trey
6. Sarah

Hey we are getting married at the end of July lol so i guess both bedrooms are spoken for huh lol but hey we all prob be too busy hanging out to sleep much anyways
Brad and I have one bedroom and you and Sarah the other.
Zach is tentavileyevly planning on staying in the cabin.

Brad/Kristy I sent monies to your paypal. Let me know if it gets there.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 03:30 AM
got it,
Cool

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200660617030
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 05:38 AM
I'm really glad to see you guys are "taking the bull by the horns" on this, good job. This is just making me look more forward to the trip and like I said before "I love it when a plan comes together!"

BTW, let me show you guys a little something from my Dragon Run last year, lets call it "moto-vation" for those of you who haven't been to the Dragon yet

Notice there's NO wheelwell gap on this shot

Now in this pic, notice the p/s rear tire how much its angled in, awesome Ah the joys of IRS!

Another thing I'd like to point out to you guys who haven't run the Dragon is where my car is in proximity to the double yellow, thats a good thing and something you need to pay attention to. The guys at www.killboy.com will post pics of you crossing the double yellow, don't be a "richardhead" out there

BTW, sorry the pics aren't any bigger, but when I click onto enlarge photo, it doesn't end in jpg and the pics can't be posted, any thoughts on this I wanna post the pics larger because these were professionally taken by the guys at killboy and if you could see them larger, its that much more awesome of a pic
I use the full lane and then some if it's safe to do so. What gets me is coming around a corner and a bike is IN MY LANE passing a vehicle and I have to almost run off the road so he can live.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I use the full lane and then some if it's safe to do so. What gets me is coming around a corner and a bike is IN MY LANE passing a vehicle and I have to almost run off the road so he can live.

Yeah, that sucks and they do call them out for doing that on killboy, but most bikers aren't THAT stupid when riding a crotch rocket out there

Last year while I was out there this pewter colored last gen Firebird came around a blind corner and I saw him freak out at the last minute and he cut the wheel and went off the soft shoulder a little bit, enough to make the tire go "pop" , what a dumb ass, taking some fat ass car out there and trying to make it do tricks it can't do Thats a perfect example of what I'm talking about!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 10:26 PM
THUMBTACK
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/23/06 10:48 PM
THUMBTACK

I'm not afraid to pull one of those dumbass riders out of my grill; I've got a spare.

And I like the pics, Roger. Kilby sets up at a great high speed, banked corner. When you round one of the corners before that one and see them set up outside the apex of that big'un, it's wide open throttle all the way 'round.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/24/06 01:54 AM
Still my fav pic!

Brad wants to know where you got your Red Ford emblem!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/24/06 02:31 AM
Brad wants to know where you got your Red Ford emblem!

Painted it myself.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/25/06 01:17 PM
Thank you for the thumbtack, now its "really" official. I think its like 111 more days, bring it
So it's officially the offical Dragon Run thread, officially?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/25/06 04:19 PM
So it's officially the offical Dragon Run thread, officially?

OFFICIALLY!
What I wanna know is who put the troll in charge???

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/25/06 10:39 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

TROLLS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Hey yeah, what's up with that??!?!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/26/06 04:35 AM
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

TROLLS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Its a troll world, you guys are just driving in it Oh yeah, yours truely +1

TROLLS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Its a troll world, you guys are just driving in it Oh yeah, yours truely +1

Well, dammit! I'm not going if a CEGer ain't in charge!

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/26/06 08:20 PM
You and Eric are in charge then
Sweet, now me and Jim are calling the shots. I say only front-wheel-drive automatics can come.......

.....aaaaand discuss!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/26/06 10:04 PM
Sweet, now me and Jim are calling the shots. I say only front-wheel-drive automatics can come.......

.....aaaaand discuss!!

hahahaha! guess you'll have a fun time by yourself ;-) *wink* All of us poor maunal SVTs are eliminated.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/27/06 02:32 AM
hahahaha! guess you'll have a fun time by yourself ;-) *wink* All of us poor maunal SVTs are eliminated.

Are you telling me I have to go and play with myself....by myself?
Ooohh. bad one!!! hey everyone we have a newbie joining us - Volfan - check out the thread in pics/videos.

Are you telling me I have to go and play with myself....by myself?

As usual...

j/k Hector!

Eric, I hereby give you command by proxy. You are Dragon King now. Enjoy!

w00t. You are all my servants. Wait, if you aren't allowed to go, who will serve me my lemonade in the shade? Who will fan me with palm fronds?!!? WHO!??!?!? Ok ok, I now hereby decree that everyone can come provided they aren't jackasses.
... provided they aren't jackasses.

Dammit!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/27/06 11:32 PM
With a couple of new guys coming I thought I'd be cool to let everyone know what were bringing and little info on our rides, this way we can learn about the other cars coming:

2005 Crossfire Limited coupe'
-Aero Blue metallic/dark slate leather
-6 speed/Michelin "Pilots"
-Magnaflow muffler
-rest of the car is stock
*215 hp/230 ft/lbs of torque
*about 3150 lbs full weight
-4th year in a row running the Dragon!
*02', 03', 04' in a modded CSVT
*05' in the Crossfire
1998.5 SVT Contour
-Black n' blue
-Wheels
-Bad paint
-Other junk
-Slow
-Been to dragon 3 times, this will be fourth
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/28/06 01:38 AM
2003 Mitsu Lancer Evolution
*full turbo back exhaust
*K&N cone
*ECU reflash
*AMS IC piping
*poly shifter bushings
*some aftermarket clutch (still need to find out which one)
*Even lighter MB Weapon rims (lighter than the stock Evo)

2nd time on the Dragon- 1st in 02' with my supercharged Zetec Contour
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/28/06 01:49 AM
1998 SVT
Silver and blue
lowered (eibach)
gutted cat and canisters (dont laugh they sound awesome)
Lots of audio!!!!!!
K&N drop in
hope fully soon some 17's got tires in the living room lol

oh and one freshly reinforced B&M shifter
millionth time on the dragon.4th with the tour
Well I've got two options; being Dragon Master and all.

1) 2000 Ford Contour SE ATX V6 Toreador Red
* Weapon R Headers to modded y-pipe & SVT exhaust
* Focus SVT front brakes
* (maybe) Contour SVT rear brakes
* (maybe) Contour SVT springs/struts
* K&N RU-3530 filter on ghetto'ed MAF
* Custom grille v3.1
* 17" ADR wheels wrapped in jumbo Kumho 225/45/17's
* more Zaino and Meguiar's than Spring Zing

2) 2001 Volkswagon Golf GLS MTX 2.0L I4 (no turbo; 8V)
* Kamei grille ( )
* K&N short ram w/ Neuspeed heatshield
* iPod interface
* fireball antenna topper
* debadged boot lid
* more Zaino and Meguiar's than Spring Zing

3th official trip to Deal's Gap in the Contour, 1st for the Golf, eleventybillionth trip lifetime.
Wow I thought Brad did this last night.

2000 Ford Contour SVT T-Red
*Drop in K&N
*Clarion Auto PC 310c w/Navtech GPS software
*no money = we're lame

The fall run will be the SVTs 4th or 5th time on the Dragon.
Brad went by himself one time, the Summer run, and we plan on running it a few times just for fun before the fall run. (since we're so close and all)

When I was 12 I went on the Dragon with my parents in a brand new 1995 Contour GL. We had a Topaz and Tempo since 1985 and rented a new Contour just to see how it performs.
Was Brad into contours before or after he met you?
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/28/06 09:47 PM
98 CSVT T-red
koni struts
intrax springs
RSTB
CF1 Cowl Hood
PRE98 Trunklid
XCAL1-hypillauto
BFG G-force sports
17" centerline storms
eh other stuff....

will be coming with a few other ppl still working out details with them and what hotels
Was Brad into contours before or after he met you?

After. As I said, I grew up with/learned how to drive on Tempo. Very interested in Contours from a very young age since they replaced the Tempos/Topaz. When I was 12 (same summer as dragon run w/the rents) I stood in Lance Cunningham Ford lot looking at the line of new Contours and said "I *will* have one of these cars one day" I drove the Tempo all though my junior year of college, and finally had enough credit/money to get my 1999 SE. Then I met Brad. He appreciated my SE and thought it a good looking car. He knew SVT meant "Fast Ford" but didn't really put two and two together about a Contour SVT until me met me. When my SE got totaled in Myrtle Beach, he was just upset as I was. Finally, a few months after that, it was Brad who spotted our SVT on Reeder Chevy's lot (a trade in) and the rest is history.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 01:21 AM
Quote:

Pics, I want pics, NO!, we all want pics....PLEASE
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 01:38 AM
Quote:

i'll post some pics of my 3 dunlop sp9000 and one fuzion z something or another if someone would tell me how to post images
What's the big deal doesn't everyone have a set of tires in their livingroom
Quote:

i'll post some pics of my 3 dunlop sp9000 and one fuzion z something or another if someone would tell me how to post images
What's the big deal doesn't everyone have a set of tires in their livingroom

Actually... I can't fit all the tires/wheels I have in one picture.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 04:15 AM
just spoke to ryan (ryanblacksvt) he'll tag along with team H.I.A...so expect more focuses and some csvt's.
Good deal. Ya'll try to stay in tellico around us. That way we can all drink some beers and whatnot together and noone has to worry about driving cross a mountain to get to their bed.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 05:41 AM
I know theres some motels right off of I-75 on 68, can't miss em' and you'd only be about 15 minutes away from us in Tellico. Its a straight shot down 68, no problems meeting up with us every morning before we head out to cut that Dragons head off ....don't worry, it grows back pretty fast!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 06:07 PM
Thank God for this forum and its people, I like it here
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 07:48 PM
well me and ryan are currently working out where we wanna stay but ill let ya know when we get rooms and where and hell yea we'll meet up in the morning.
Thank God for this forum and its people, I like it here

Yeay! ~*feel the love*~
what? *innocent look* other forums aren't like us?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 08:54 PM
Nah, its not you, its me
Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Etowah. Direct shot off I-75, quick link into Tellico & the Skyway. Closer than staying near I-75 & Hwy 68 - and better prices, at least I got a better price than the Best Western.

The Sleep Inn is NEW also.

If you stay there, try the Farmhouse for lunch/dinner.
The greenbeans were AWESOME!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/29/06 11:07 PM
Nice heads up Jim and btw, my Dad and I tried that little BBQ place you were talking about (Uncle Bobs IIRC) and it was ok, but there's another BBQ on the same side of the street going back towards I-75 that we ARE going to go to Damn that they've got some food and some of the best sweet tea this side of Detroit
Green beans for breakfast? Damn you Maine folks are wierd!

Hey Roger, did someone say something mean to you at school today? Do I need to call their parents?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/30/06 01:57 AM
Hmmmmm what did I miss?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 06/30/06 11:20 PM

Hey Roger, did someone say something mean to you at school today? Do I need to call their parents?

Nah, I got caught passing notes again, something about EVO's and how evil they make people who want one so bad
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/01/06 04:22 AM

Nah, I got caught passing notes again, something about EVO's and how evil they make people who want one so bad

I heard the Evo is a pretty sweet car.

Really? Who have you been talking to? Everyone I know thinks they're 'tarded.

That's what I dun heard too.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/01/06 04:57 PM

That's what I dun heard too.

dang i heard the same thing also
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/01/06 06:18 PM
I just reserved Caney Creek Cabin #3 for 2 Cougars!!

GrandMasterKhan (Kenneth), my daughter, Peggy, and I (Marge) will be there. Last fall we joined the group who stayed at the Microtel, and are glad to be joining you again this year!

The woman I spoke to said if we can get a total of 4 cabins we can get a group rate. Can we find 2 more cabins-worth of people?

Edit: I forgot to say, we 3 will be in Robbinsville, NC Monday night - Wednesday morning (July 3 - 5), playing on the Dragon before going to CougarFest in Indianapolis. We're staying at the Microtel, come find us if you're nearby!!

My white cougar will be around Pigeon Forge - Seiverville, TN tomorrow afternoon to Monday afternoon, then on to Robbinsville. After some mountain playtime, on Wednesday GMK's grey cougar & my white one will run to Indianapolis for CougarFest, leaving there on the following Sunday for parts southeast.

RandMcNally figures my basic trip (without side excursions and playtime) will be 2,520 miles... last year's trip was over 3,000. By the time I get home, I'll have 105,000 miles on the car, I'm sure. (Can you tell I love to drive?? )
John/Ryan get a cabin!!
Hm, I might have to bring some money for that there GMK to maybe get something he may or may not be known for selling. A particular product...
Hm, I might have to bring some money for that there GMK to maybe get something he may or may not be known for selling. A particular product...

Woah, Sonny! None of them left handed cigarettes...

hater
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/02/06 12:53 PM

hater

Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/02/06 01:01 PM
I might be able to make a few runs on monday so keep an eye out
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/02/06 08:37 PM

I'll show you how retarded they are!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/02/06 08:47 PM
So far we've got myself in one cabin, Hector in another, that big ass group in the largest one and now another, AWESOME Maybe next year we can book the whole thing and throw a HUGE party!!!
Just doesn't seem right. That place has 'Amish' written all over it. It's kinda creepy in a 'Children of the Corn' kinda way.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/02/06 09:04 PM
Just doesn't seem right. That place has 'Amish' written all over it. It's kinda creepy in a 'Children of the Corn' kinda way.

What are we talking about again?
HEY! I found a BAT intake pipe in my trunk! Cool!!!
Originally posted by gulfcat:

The woman I spoke to said if we can get a total of 4 cabins we can get a group rate. Can we find 2 more cabins-worth of people?

We have 4 cabins. Who's gonna call bout this discount?

If you find any Stazi end links, they're mine! Send them back!

I actually cannot find the ones I bought from Stazi. It's driving me CRAZY!!!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/03/06 02:07 PM

Some one needs to get on top of it

Wow. Brad and I are away from the computer for a few days and we miss a lot... (Car shows and such )
Since Brad reserved the largest cabin, I'll get him to call about that discount.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/03/06 08:02 PM
Hector and I already paid, how will this help us out

Let's see...BAT strut bushing set...front sway bar links...cupholders...some bugs...gold bullion... nope, no end links!
Hector and I already paid, how will this help us out

Shouldn't have paid so early. ..... But seriously, call see if you can get a little money back or whatever.

Let's see...BAT strut bushing set...front sway bar links...cupholders...some bugs...gold bullion... nope, no end links!

I found some stazi end links... attached to a sway bar... attached to a subframe... attached to...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/04/06 02:42 AM
Only a few more months!
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/04/06 03:56 AM
John/Ryan get a cabin!!

gah do i haveta room with him???

lolj/k
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/04/06 01:40 PM
Quote:

Shouldn't have paid so early. ..... But seriously, call see if you can get a little money back or whatever

Its alright, its not like the cabins are expensive or something but if they hook me up some ca$h when I get there, I can put it to washing my car a couple more times while I'm there In the 4 days that I'm there, I usually hit the wash about 3 times, big surprise, right

I know you guys are looking for those end links, but did you find that case of sweet tea LOL!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/04/06 01:42 PM
Quote:

Shouldn't have paid so early. ..... But seriously, call see if you can get a little money back or whatever

Its alright, its not like the cabins are expensive or something but if they hook me up some ca$h when I get there, I can put it to washing my car a couple more times while I'm there In the 4 days that I'm there, I usually hit the wash about 3 times, big surprise, right

I know you guys are looking for those end links, but did you find that case of sweet tea LOL!

Roger I know how you love sweet tea.....just ask someone how you make it!
No sweet tea at Fort Eric.
I have sweet tea, but just like my end links, I don't think any of it is ya'lls.
So totally burned!!
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/05/06 12:47 AM
Roger, if you want i will have a gift for you of a really good sweettea maker and a HUGE thing of tea bags, but in return i ask you to stop and get me some goetta in cincinatti Ohio.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/05/06 11:15 PM
Thats alright Nightwolf, the sweet tea is a running joke with us. You see up here sweetened tea is just called sweetened tea and you guys call it sweet tea I usually add alot of sweet-n-low or Spenda to my tea anyways, always have and always will. On a side note though, I can get Arizona Ice Tea's "Sweet Tea" though

We've got about (3) monthes and I know its going to fly by and just to let you guys know, Stazi will not be able to make it, Trapps is looking into it but Wa2Tuff (Tom) is a good possibility and if he shows up, you can get a close up look of the "Best of Show" at SZ06'!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/05/06 11:57 PM
Thats alright Nightwolf, the sweet tea is a running joke with us. You see up here sweetened tea is just called sweetened tea and you guys call it sweet tea I usually add alot of sweet-n-low or Spenda to my tea anyways, always have and always will. On a side note though, I can get Arizona Ice Tea's "Sweet Tea" though

We've got about (3) monthes and I know its going to fly by and just to let you guys know, Stazi will not be able to make it, Trapps is looking into it but Wa2Tuff (Tom) is a good possibility and if he shows up, you can get a close up look of the "Best of Show" at SZ06'!

SWEET!

The northerners are coming!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/06/06 01:15 AM
Quote:

The northerners are coming!

...and we're going to do it again, wait, thats the south's saying. No wait, we are going to do it again, about 3 days in a row, bring it!!!
On a side note though, I can get Arizona Ice Tea's "Sweet Tea" though

That junk sucks.

I reckon I need to show you how to make good tea.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 12:39 AM
If i can get Everyones name that they have the reservaation under, i will get us the discount
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 01:22 AM
If i can get Everyones name that they have the reservaation under, i will get us the discount

Roger K Rexroade Jr
Macomb Township Michigan

Thanks man
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 02:44 AM

Roger K Rexroade Jr

one down 3 to go.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 02:44 AM
I believe Kim registered under her name:

Kimberlee Micienko
Darien, IL
I can't stress enough how much fun the Dragon Run is, but to those who haven't run it before, let me give you some advice:

-tires and brakes MUST be in great shape

-run it normal the first time out

-DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO

-if you've got a crotch rocket behind you and he can pass, waive him by

-any other maintence should be done before hand, everything is maxed out in your car down there

-bring your 2-way radio

-HAVE FUN

I'd like to add to this list. It is a very good list BTW. Definately have your safety equipment in top shape, and the radios add another dimension to the ride.

-Take a look at the dragon web site & get familiar with the bikers hand signals. They can warn you about accidents, on-coming trucks, and law enforcement activity. All quite valuable information. They'll also let you know when you're screwing up.

-Stay in your lane. Crossing the double yellow is VERY strictly enforced there, if not by the LEOs, then by the bikers.

-Bikers are comparatively very vulnerable, so watch out for them like they are your children. They love that... Biker chicks especially...

If you want to have some activities other than the Dragon Run to keep the non-drivers happy, I'd suggest a day for waterfall runs in NC, or winery visits (Tennessee Valley Winery has some wines that exceeded my expectations - really), or perhaps even hunt down the geo-caches in the area. You could even play in the mud at one of the mines in NC to find some rubys, emeralds, or other gems. Might pay for the trip...

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 06:30 PM
Great points Jim For example, if a biker is coming at you from the opposite direction and he's waving his hand down at the ground it means one of two things, a fellow biker is down and there's a back-up ahead of you or theres a cop, either way...SLOW DOWN! Most of the bikers up there, including the crotch rocket guys are pretty cool and the one thing I know they like is when you wave them around to pass you. You let them know its ok to pass and it takes any fear out of their heads, a win/win for everyone, you don't slow them down anymore and you don't have to worry about a bike behind you
I just gotta figure out how to make the slow choppers get outta the way. During the summer run I didn't pass anyone on the dragon but during the fall, I have. If you chose to do this, be very careful. Most of the time it's better just to pull off and get some distance between you and the slow thing and then have fun, but occasionally you can find a safe area to pass (it's all double yellow though so be careful).
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 08:35 PM
Quote:

Thanks!
Cabin #3 is reserved by:
Margaret Norsworthy
Sanibel, FL
I just gotta figure out how to make the slow choppers get outta the way. During the summer run I didn't pass anyone on the dragon but during the fall, I have. If you chose to do this, be very careful. Most of the time it's better just to pull off and get some distance between you and the slow thing and then have fun, but occasionally you can find a safe area to pass (it's all double yellow though so be careful).

There's really no safe and official way to make them pull over. Just pull over your own self and give them some space. That works best and no one gets run off the road.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/07/06 11:15 PM
I second Eric on this one, no doubt about it and if you wanna see some restraint, check out the pic on killboy where I'm stuck behind this cranberry colored C5 convertable This guy and his wife were doing 15 mph around the Dragon, you've got to be kidding me and when he finally pulled over or whatever he did, we all took off doing a whole 40-45mph, what a tool that guy was. We were there the second weekend in October last year, so if you wanna see a funny pic or maybe someone car post it for us, that would be great. It was from Friday or Saturday (cars) the pic is funny as hell, kinda

There's really no safe and official way to make them pull over. /quote]
I'm pretty sure I can figure out a way that is safe to me to make them pull over. Might scratch my bumper.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/08/06 01:04 AM
I remember a white Cougar that joined us on the Dragon back in 04' that joined the BRC (Blue Rotor Club) His car had NOS and developed an overheating problem, is this you guys
I remember a cougar overheating but it wasn't white IIRC.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/08/06 12:30 PM
It was black.....I know that car very well.
Yeah it was a black Cougah. IIRC, that guy's from somewheres around the Chattaboogy area.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/08/06 03:00 PM
Thats right, how could I forget ...36 years old and 2 years ago, thats how I must have been thinking about his white wheels and blue rotors
Blue Rotor Racing!! Man I love my FSVT fronts.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/09/06 03:06 AM
I bet you can't those to turn blue...or can you
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/09/06 04:00 AM

I thought he did already.

I saw a mountainside almost in the car. Yeah most liekly very blue.
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/09/06 10:09 AM
Wasn't my white (or whatever) coug that you're thinking of - I joined the CEG run for the first time last October. Before that my runs were in July 04 on my way from Indy (CougarFest) to Fl and in July 05, with GMK's grey coug on the way to Indy for CougarFest, and again this last week on our way to CF...

I requested the days off but have not heard anything yet. I am trying to convince my wife to take her '06 Passat 2.0T but she's nervous of the curves.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/10/06 02:18 AM
Originally posted by carrot_top:
I requested the days off but have not heard anything yet. I am trying to convince my wife to take her '06 Passat 2.0T but she's nervous of the curves.

You've got plenty of time to get this taken care of and as far as your wifes car goes, well, its got "low ego emission" so it should be fine Seriously though, the car is built for that type of road and as long as you take it easy the first time out, you'll be fine, trust me!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/10/06 02:18 AM

You've got plenty of time to get this taken care of and as far as your wifes car goes, well, its got "low ego emission" so it should be fine Seriously though, the car is built for that type of road and as long as you take it easy the first time out, you'll be fine, trust me!

I saw a mountainside almost in the car. Yeah most liekly very blue.

Nope, shiny purdy still! FSVT fronts for the win! I've got a complete CSVT rear end set to swap on my SE. Unfortunately, everything is rusted together, so I'll have to do a lil sand-blastin. Might even paint the hub assy's while I'm at it.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/10/06 06:16 PM
Paint everything while your at it, attention to details nets GTEAT results. There was a guy at SZ this year who painted everything you could see on his brakes and it was simply amazing

BTW Eric, are you going to have some new tires and if so, did you upsize them yet

BTW Eric, are you going to have some new tires and if so, did you upsize them yet

Upsize from 225/45/17??? I already rub with that size, I doubt he'd be going bigger.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/10/06 11:18 PM
I thought you were runnin' a 40 series, not a 45 series because I always thought your tires looked like rubber bands, but maybe that a couple years ago

Hell if your rubbin' that bad, maybe you need to go a P215/40/17 then
I thought you were runnin' a 40 series, not a 45 series because I always thought your tires looked like rubber bands, but maybe that a couple years ago

Hell if your rubbin' that bad, maybe you need to go a P215/40/17 then

Are you talking to me or Eric now? Eric had 225/45s kuhmo asx on his car when we were all there last time.

I had 215/45

I know have 225/45

I have 225/50/16s comin.

And I think it's just the offset off the wheels causing the rubbing. I don't mind the rubbing, but the cutting is what gets me. I've banged and cut the offending parts, but I'm not sure yet if I did enough, I still gotta check. Mainly I just don't want it cutting the new race rubber, but unfortunately, the wheels I have coming also have a stupid offset (but weigh ~14lbs.)
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 01:20 AM
Sorry about that, I was thinkin of Erics ride not yours All I remember of you was last year a red blur of the Scort and some Vettes heading into Tellico Plains and that was all we saw of you! Lets not let that happen again, ok LOL! BTW, how many days is now?
Damn, I don't even need to post! LOL! Years ago, I was running 205/40/17 Kumho Ecsta 711's that ran ok. I have just finished killing a set of 225/45/17 Kumho ASX's. I am going to replace them with the same size & type.

35,000miles on one set of tires! Me rikey ASX's!
Sorry about that, I was thinkin of Erics ride not yours All I remember of you was last year a red blur of the Scort and some Vettes heading into Tellico Plains and that was all we saw of you! Lets not let that happen again, ok LOL! BTW, how many days is now?

I wasn't talking bout last year and the scort, I mean the ol red and yeller contour the year before.
Damn, I don't even need to post! LOL! Years ago, I was running 205/40/17 Kumho Ecsta 711's that ran ok. I have just finished killing a set of 225/45/17 Kumho ASX's. I am going to replace them with the same size & type.

35,000miles on one set of tires! Me rikey ASX's!

Yeah, you had the asx's on the first time I went right? 2004 IIRC
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 03:28 PM
Discount on lodging aquired :P

She said that she is going to have a small car show, to help draw buisness to her cabins and would like us to join in. She has a 65 mustang.
Discount on lodging aquired :P

She said that she is going to have a small car show, to help draw buisness to her cabins and would like us to join in. She has a 65 mustang.

Okay... I just got off the phone with Brad, he's unable to get to a computer right now... Here's the deal.

The manager lady at Caney Creek wanted to know what kind of cars we have, etc. Since we now have reserved a large chunk of her cabins. She asked if she could bring out her 65 Mustang - Brad said it would most definently be respected. The lady had an idea of a car show. Basically she wants us to give up a half a day and have a car show in the caney creek parking lot in order to draw attention and crowds to the cabins. (Free advertising). She said she will give us HALF OFF. LOL Brad and I said we'd have no problems with giving up a half day for a carshow to get half off the price, but he told her "I'll check the boards and see what everyone says-call you back." She wants us to promote Caney Creek for her-I think we can totally do that :-)
She said she will give us HALF OFF.

Heck, if I was goin', I'd be AAAALLLLL over that! If nothing else it will provide an excellent opportunity to show/shine/mod. Which is something we all get together for anyway - just like the summer run. (* Looks out window at Mystique - sans pin striping *)

I reckon we can do that. I'll find something to do to pass the time (....budweiserrr).

And you can tell her I have a contour.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 05:30 PM
She said she will give us HALF OFF.

Heck, if I was goin', I'd be AAAALLLLL over that! If nothing else it will provide an excellent opportunity to show/shine/mod. Which is something we all get together for anyway - just like the summer run. (* Looks out window at Mystique - sans pin striping *)

def. think we can handle that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helldamncrapboobsfartass!! 1/2 off!!?!? Is that last cabin still availible?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 10:15 PM
Do they like imports?
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 10:19 PM
call and ask?
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 10:20 PM
yes even imports.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/11/06 10:42 PM
At least I am not driving a Honda.
Good point.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 01:23 AM
Which 1/2 day are we giving up? I like to save money as much as the next guy, but theres NO way in hell I'm giving up Saturday, sorry The other thing that doesn't make any sense is this, Caney Creek is off the main road (I believe its 68) and noone is going to see us. I was talking to Hector and said next year, if we get the word out even earlier, that we could take over the entire complex! Can you imagine the pics for that meet It would go down in CEG history like this...CEG meets rent out an entire cabin complex for the weekend, yet another first 7+ years in!
that we could take over the entire complex! Can you imagine the pics for that meet It would go down in CEG history like this...CEG meets rent out an entire cabin complex for the weekend, yet another first 7+ years in!

Hehe, for those of us who can't make Spring Zing up north, - it's a Fall Zing down south!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 02:07 AM
Which 1/2 day are we giving up? I like to save money as much as the next guy, but theres NO way in hell I'm giving up Saturday, sorry The other thing that doesn't make any sense is this, Caney Creek is off the main road (I believe its 68) and noone is going to see us. I was talking to Hector and said next year, if we get the word out even earlier, that we could take over the entire complex! Can you imagine the pics for that meet It would go down in CEG history like this...CEG meets rent out an entire cabin complex for the weekend, yet another first 7+ years in!

Not next year.....getting married on Oct 20th.
that we could take over the entire complex! Can you imagine the pics for that meet It would go down in CEG history like this...CEG meets rent out an entire cabin complex for the weekend, yet another first 7+ years in!

Hehe, for those of us who can't make Spring Zing up north, - it's a Fall Zing down south!!

We've had Fall Zing for years. Only the hard-core come down.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 02:50 AM
Which 1/2 day are we giving up? I like to save money as much as the next guy, but theres NO way in hell I'm giving up Saturday, sorry

It will be an evening anyway, Even if it is saterday evening then it is so be it. I only make 7 bucks an hour during the week working my ass off every step of the way. i need to save as much money as i can.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 04:44 AM
Well what do you guys think about this? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't want to have to be back at a certain time, kinda reminds me of way back when when you had to be home when the street lights came on

BTW, I already paid for my cabin, so will I still get some kinda of discount or reimbursement I'll take some gift certificates from the Tellico Cafe
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 12:54 PM
I havent worked out the details yet, i am sure that if you paied by card she can put half of it back on, also I didnt mean to be so rude either.

ill get more details as the time aproches.
Well what do you guys think about this? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't want to have to be back at a certain time, kinda reminds me of way back when when you had to be home when the street lights came on

SO what? is that really that bad? We'll do whatever the manager lady states. She's being *VERY* acomodating towards us. Like Jim said in an eariler post, we'll use that time to shine/mod/knauberize. Its a win win situation.
But late night runs are an integral part of the CEG Dragon Run experience. Then again; being a newlywed; the lady gets what the lady wants!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 03:33 PM
We're good Nightwolf, no offense taken

Ok, so the manager lady wants us to park our cars facing route 360 to help advertise or is she thinking of somewhere else, like the parking lot where they had the car show behind the Hardees
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 04:12 PM
That is still unknown. As i said more details to come
I sorta agree with Roger. The cost of the cabins isn't all that much, and if this show thing ends up being too much of a hassle, I'd prefer not to do it. Though if it's not a hassle and only takes up 2-3 hours, then it'd be fine.
I don't think it's gonna be a hassle. Just a matter of where it will be, then mod up.

I suspect that the show will be on the cabin grounds, or nearby since that is what she's trying to promote. She may just put the shiney cars by the main road with you guys milling about to attract attention. Then a sign for the cabins displayed at the corner. Just be sure you've got permission to stage there. That will be her responsibility to arrange.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 08:49 PM
That is still unknown. More details to come

AS I SAID BEFORE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 09:59 PM
So..........where's the BBQ!?
She may just put the shiney cars by the main road with you guys milling about to attract attention.

Where will I park?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/12/06 11:28 PM
I'm sure Eric and something out of one his 100 magic "Z" bottles can give your car a shine I'm sure your CSVT isn't all that bad. I'm looking forward to these details, but its not like we don't have the time now do we
No, it's pretty bad. Ask brad. It looks good from afar but far from good. It'll have to be repainted to really look good.
Ross's car did the same thing my black SE did. It looks literally like bird tracks. Its not noticeable until you get right up on it and look closely. The best we could come up with is that some black Contours were painted with laqur(sp)... which would cause it to crack like that.

Ross quit being so down on your car. It doesn't look bad at all!!
I'm not down, just a realist. Everything that's wrong with it (or not good enough ) will be fixed in time.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 01:22 AM
Well look at it like this, you've got (2) pretty cool rides and if you want one to look good maybe you could sell the Scort I'd love to live somewhere where you don't need to worry about snow, damn you guys down there LOL!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 02:37 AM
Ross, at least your car doesn't have any yellow on it!
hater
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 11:08 AM
hater

Yellow + Red = McDonalds.....

If you wanted to stand out should have just gotten a louder exhaust.
Some people like mcdonalds.

I made the car look good to me at the time. That's what I wanted, not to have an annoying exhaust full of angry bees. I'll leave that to you.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 04:53 PM

I made the car look good to me at the time. That's what I wanted, not to have an annoying exhaust full of angry bees. I'll leave that to you.

Guess you were "Bah da bah bah bah Lovin it?"
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 09:55 PM

LOL....my exhaust sounded like angry bees.....didn't look like one.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/13/06 11:21 PM
Red and yellow, the official colors of Modena Italy
What a bunch of haters! Ya'll sound like some of the SEMI crew.
Don't get me started on your contour. Atleast you got something a little fast now. Maybe if you don't drive this one like a grandma it'll be cool.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/14/06 10:40 AM
Don't get me started on your contour. Atleast you got something a little fast now. Maybe if you don't drive this one like a grandma it'll be cool.

A little fast?

Just giving you some crap Ross. I liked the Zetec. Not to mention you got most of the crap I got for modding it.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/14/06 09:36 PM
What a bunch of haters! Ya'll sound like some of the SEMI crew.

LOL but even though I live in the SE MI area, I'm actually "one of those" to "them"
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/17/06 12:41 AM
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/17/06 10:56 AM
Where is everyone?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/17/06 03:43 PM
I'm here relaxing in the A/C

How many more days is it, I'm lazy
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/17/06 09:59 PM
I'm here relaxing in the A/C

How many more days is it, I'm lazy

I am now....I just got out of my warehouse that was hotter than it was outside!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/17/06 11:44 PM
How's the weather down that way guys
Hot

Though it's rainin right now
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/18/06 12:29 AM
Hot

Though it's rainin right now

Hot here too....supposed to rain later.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/18/06 01:19 AM
Hector, keep me off of the Carmax website...PLEASE They've got a dark blue Mini Cooper S w/67K on the clock and I'm pretty sure I can swing it...damn! They've also got an 01' BMW 530i w/a 5 speed as well and its a beautiful car, dark blue w/ factory BBS mesh rims
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/18/06 01:59 AM
Roger....don't make me come over there and kick you square in the junk.

It is called "Tough Love"
You can buy a car for me, Roger. You know I'll take good care of it...the paint anyway; not the tires or brakes.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/18/06 11:27 PM
Tires and brakes are mean't to be replaced

So, has anyone down there heard any stories from the Dragon, you know, something interesting
I don't have any Dragon stories.

Speaking of replacing tires, I ordered mine from Tire Rack today. I've got a set of 225/45/17 Kumho's on the way. My leaky oil pan will soon be replaced with the new-to-me oil pan from a CEGer in Cali. I just need to cheat my way through passing the emissions testing to renew my tags and get a stock y-pipe with a new O2 bung welded on, I'll be road ready.
My 16" slipstreams came today and victoracers should be here by the end of the week (they sent them to the wrong address ).
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/19/06 02:14 AM
Kuhmos suck........so I am replacing them.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/19/06 02:46 AM
Tom (Wa2Tuff) just got some of those Eagle F1's from tirerack for $88.00, so why buy cheap when you get premium tires for that price I'm still trying to get him to go BTW. Speaking of that, I'm asking all of you guys here to PM him and "twist his arm" to go, I think that will work

Some kumhos.
Posted By: OB1 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/19/06 08:15 AM
I've got quite a few stock y-pipes lying around! I'll shoot you a pm!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/19/06 11:21 PM
Remember to PM Wa2Tuff about coming to the Dragon guys
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/20/06 12:50 AM
Remember to PM Wa2Tuff about coming to the Dragon guys

I did.

Some kumhos.

Mine have served me well. I've got a brand new set on the way. Ross - what color Slipstreams did you get? Belack???
Yeah I got flat black. I THINK all rota stocks is black and bronze for 16" 4x108 slipstreams. I don't like bronze. Don't really care about the black either, but it's just for autox/mountains/track. If I feel like it, I'll either paint em or have a friend powdercoat them.

And the victoracers and carbotech pads came today.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/20/06 06:15 PM
Can we see these rims you guys are talkin' about
Sure, in october.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/20/06 11:11 PM
Sure, in october.

I'm thinkin' their like Hectors old rims, well, the black ones he had the first time he slayed the Dragon
Like that but different. And lighter in their respective sizes.
I thought he had Slipstreams? Anyway, Roger; they're black so they'll just look like steelies w/out hubcaps anyway.
vacation approved. Rims and tires are on the way thanks to luke. Stazi brakes are ready to be put on the car as soon as the rims/tires get here and i am waiting for a response from someone at Caney Creek regarding the "unforgettable" cabin

Looking forward to this "vacation"

Cheers,
Suriel
cabin reserved for oct 13-15.

Cheers,
Suriel

i asked the guy regarding this and he did not recognize CEG or Contour Enthusiasts Group. I attempted to explaint to him the gathering but was getting no where. So I reserved it anyways. LOL
Maybe call back and mention brad's name. Which is brad. Mention the car show. Mention almost every other cabin they have there reserved for that weekend.
I thought he had Slipstreams? Anyway, Roger; they're black so they'll just look like steelies w/out hubcaps anyway.

Umm yeahh. Oops. I thought he had subzeros for some reasnon. Yeah I reckon slipsreams. and yeha, like steelies. Maybe I can find some 16" spinner hubcaps./

i asked the guy regarding this and he did not recognize CEG or Contour Enthusiasts Group. I attempted to explaint to him the gathering but was getting no where. So I reserved it anyways. LOL

Okay, you might have been talking to the owner's son. Brad will call the owner back tommorrow just to touch base with her. Did you make sure you had the right weekend? Friday October 13th, Saturday October 14th and Sunday October 15th. (ooohhh. Friday the 13th I just realized that.)
i did mention Brads' name and the others that listed on ceg. didnt help any. no worries lol lol
now time to prepare....
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/21/06 03:28 AM
Anybody see the Geico motorcycle commerical.....it has a shot at the Dragon over by the "bricks."
ya, i got the right weekend. no worries i guess just as long as i have a place to stay lol. However if my reservation lowers the entire groups rates...im calling back in the morning.

Okay, you might have been talking to the owner's son. Brad will call the owner back tommorrow just to touch base with her. Did you make sure you had the right weekend? Friday October 13th, Saturday October 14th and Sunday October 15th. (ooohhh. Friday the 13th I just realized that.)

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/21/06 05:18 AM
You could also mention the guys from Michigan and Chicago that already paid in advance for their cabins, maybe that will help them to remember ...or maybe speak to the woman there, can't remember her name though

"whats your name, little girl, whats your name"
You could also mention the guys from Michigan and Chicago that already paid in advance for their cabins, maybe that will help them to remember ...or maybe speak to the woman there, can't remember her name though

"whats your name, little girl, whats your name"

will do. im leaving for Texas this morning but when i get there i will.
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/22/06 05:05 AM
Hey Suriel, when will you be driving up?
We'll be leaving Sanibel about 2 or 3 am on Oct. 13th, & we hope to get in about 3 or 4 pm (depending on how bad Atanta is). We also plan to come back Monday - leaving by 9 am. PM me if you want to travel together in either direction.

BTW Oct 13th is a lucky day: both my sister & my car were born that day (NOT the same year!!).
What way do ya'll take when you get throught atlanta?
I found taking 75 striaght throught atlanta to 575/SR-5/US 76 to 60 to 64/129/74 was the fastest. You of course still run the risk of hitting traffic in atlanta or on 575, but it's usually not bad.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_directions_atlanta.html
Hey Suriel, when will you be driving up?
We'll be leaving Sanibel about 2 or 3 am on Oct. 13th, & we hope to get in about 3 or 4 pm (depending on how bad Atanta is). We also plan to come back Monday - leaving by 9 am. PM me if you want to travel together in either direction.

BTW Oct 13th is a lucky day: both my sister & my car were born that day (NOT the same year!!).

Sounds like a great plan. I also was planning on leaving around 3am and leaving monday from the dragon.

I will be coming from Lehigh Acres. We could meet on I75 at Colonial or MLK exit or any where that is convinient for you. I only live 7 or 8 minutes from the I.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/22/06 05:45 PM
We're leaving the metro Detroit area at 5:00 a.m. on Thursday and getting down there by dinner time. Knowing us, we'll be running it once we're all settled in We'll be leaving early on Sunday morning, well, not too early
What way do ya'll take when you get throught atlanta?
I found taking 75 striaght throught atlanta to 575/SR-5/US 76 to 60 to 64/129/74 was the fastest. You of course still run the risk of hitting traffic in atlanta or on 575, but it's usually not bad.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_directions_atlanta.html

I have not sat down and looked at the entire route yet.
So what is the official count of confirmed members attending?

1. Wife & I
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/22/06 07:14 PM
So what is the official count of confirmed members attending?

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/23/06 01:05 AM
Kim and me.

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
4. Nightwolf & Pokat302
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/23/06 03:06 AM
Just watched "Superbikes" on Speed and they were at the Dragon. Cool stuff. I can't WAIT!
Just watched "Superbikes" on Speed and they were at the Dragon. Cool stuff. I can't WAIT!

I saw that one, too! 'Bout time some motorcycle show covered Deal's Gap.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/23/06 08:13 PM

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
4. Nightwolf & Pokat302
5. Klasse Act and my buddy Derek

Posted By: gulfcat Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/23/06 10:22 PM
How about adding where & when we're staying?

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
4. Nightwolf & Pokat302
6. Peggy (my daughter) & Marge (gulfcat) ; Cabin 3 ; Fri night - Mon morning

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
4. Nightwolf & Pokat302 = Cabin 6, Friday Morn.-Sunday Night.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/24/06 02:19 AM

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
5. Klasse Act and my buddy Derek-second cabin from the end
*Thur-Saturday night, leaving Sunday morning*

1. Wife & I
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
7. Eric and wife
1. Carrottop and wife
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
7. Eric and wife
8. Kremit
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/24/06 05:29 PM
We're going to rule the grounds at Caney Creek

BTW, with this being my 4th year in a row may I suggest a couple places for us to eat in the area One is right in town called the Tellico Cafe, family owned and recently renovated! The other is a BBQ on 68, but not Big Bobs or something. We went there last year and it was ok, but theres another place on the same side of road closer to I-75 thats AWESOME We'll eat good while we're down there, I mean we're on vacation afterall Hardee's in THE breakfast stop though!
We'll eat good while we're down there

*remembers* to pack lots and lots of Dramamine. Good food + the Dragon = very sick Pokat
Posted By: zm830101 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/24/06 08:45 PM

I saw that one, too! 'Bout time some motorcycle show covered Deal's Gap.

yeah but that sucks cause added publicity means more idiots who don't need to be there
Idiots find their way there without the show. I'm a good example of that.
Idiots find their way there without the show. I'm a good example of that.

I don't have a comment! You beat me to it!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/24/06 11:36 PM
We'll eat good while we're down there

*remembers* to pack lots and lots of Dramamine. Good food + the Dragon = very sick Pokat

My Dad got sick and threw up last year, so yeah the Dragon can have that effect on you
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/25/06 12:25 AM
MMMM food.....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/25/06 01:18 AM
This restaraunt I'm talking about will NOT dissappoint
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/25/06 01:54 AM

I'm sure.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/25/06 02:24 AM

The restaraunt you are talking about is it on the left if you are heading toward tellico from 75 in sweetwater?? Oh and uncle bobs or whatever it is called was in the little building right? It is now in an acual dine in building just up the road now
1. Carrot_top and wife, (not sure on which cabin but we are checking in fri- checking out mon morning.)
2. icysvt and wife
3. Kim and me
7. Eric and wife
8. Kremit
Sick on the Dragon? What's up with that?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/25/06 11:28 PM
Yeah, that its and Bobs is on the same side of the street but a little closer to Tellico Plains. Bobs is pretty small inside, about 6 tables IIRC and its not that I didn't like the food, but that other place was that much better IMO The Tellica Cafe is right around the corner basically from where alot of us will be stayin' so we'll hit that as well. Can't wait to check it out since its been remodeled

Food
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 12:08 AM
Yeah, that its and Bobs is on the same side of the street but a little closer to Tellico Plains. Bobs is pretty small inside, about 6 tables IIRC and its not that I didn't like the food, but that other place was that much better IMO The Tellica Cafe is right around the corner basically from where alot of us will be stayin' so we'll hit that as well. Can't wait to check it out since its been remodeled

Food

the name of the other place is Bradleys pit bbq it has changed hand quite a few times over the years so i don't know if that is what is was the last time you were down here but yeah they do have great food . i havent ever eaten anywhere in tellico really other than hardees i'll have to give it a try
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 01:15 AM
The Tellica Cafe is awesome, quality home cookin' and great staff I was there at that other BBQ place last year when I had my Dad with me and I can't quite remember the name of the place, we'll all have to check it out. What a day we have planned while we're down there:

-good breakfast at Hardees

-57 mile drive through the Cherahola, 3-5K feet of elevation changes with many places to stop and take pics

-318 turns in 11 miles...THE DRAGON , or should I say 636 turns in 22 miles, seeing you've gotta go back the same way

-back through the Cherahola when the sun starts going down

-dinner with friends at a quality restaraunt to talk about the days events

-hangin' out back at the cabins

-go to bed and do it all over again the next day!!!

BTW, I'm thinking our night run might be the first night we get there, seeing its going to be a Thursday night and there should be almost NO traffic to speak of
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 01:38 AM

BTW, I'm thinking our night run might be the first night we get there, seeing its going to be a Thursday night and there should be almost NO traffic to speak of

Ooh sounds like a plan.....still gotta get some tires and check the brakes....maybe flush out the system.
Aw Thursday? Well after letting my car sit for quite a while, the FSVT rotors were a little rusty. I went easy on 'em on the way to the shop today; but they still wobble real bad. I reckon I'll replace them, too.
I'm thinking I'm going up there friday.

And I'd like to eat at the day care at some point ... uh I mean, lynn's place in robbinsville. Decent food and go there everytime I go.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 05:37 AM
I was watching some show at my Mom's a while back and they had this old diner somewhere in this little town in N.C. or Tennessee and I swear I saw a sign that read 129, am I on the right track about this

Whatever restaraunts we go to they better have room for 16 or more people! Assuming all of us who say we're going actually go.
I was watching some show at my Mom's a while back and they had this old diner somewhere in this little town in N.C. or Tennessee and I swear I saw a sign that read 129, am I on the right track about this

Probably on the right track. U.S. Hwy 129 pretty much goes through those two states, so lotsa 129 signs can be had, uh,... I mean found.

Assuming all of us who say we're going actually go.

Don't start that talk!

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest SE gatherings I've seen in a while - And at the Dragon no less! Everybody is going! Anybody who is somebody will be there!

My wife & youngest are trying to talk me into going too... I'm still not committed. Need money to bring both cars, & time to make it happen. Ungh... Not enough hours in a day...
Anyone else from georgia going? John? Ryan?

Don't start that talk!

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest SE gatherings I've seen in a while - And at the Dragon no less! Everybody is going! Anybody who is somebody will be there!

My wife & youngest are trying to talk me into going too... I'm still not committed. Need money to bring both cars, & time to make it happen. Ungh... Not enough hours in a day...

You have to come.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit! That makes my new tires look crummy. Then again, I'll put a lot more miles on mine.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 11:17 PM
All this talk about food, cars, and the Dragon makes me want it to be October already!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 11:36 PM
Jim, how about one of your cars going then, that should be a bit easier It would be great to see you guys again, last year was alot of fun!

Hector, maybe it could be like an episode of the Twilight Zone where we just flip the calander and BAM!, its October

The concern of "if the people show up who say their showing up" is not a concern, I mean look at who were talkin' about here IMO this is the Dragon Run thats going to get a couple people in SE MI off their duffs and acutally step up and come down here next year (I hope), but then again, I said I was going to get someone from the SEMI CEG to come this year and I failed, again Something about 600 miles and 11 hours scares people away for some reason So what, I put 1850 miles on my car last year, no biggie, I mean its once a year and its well worth the ride and time IMO
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/26/06 11:44 PM
Jim, how about one of your cars going then, that should be a bit easier It would be great to see you guys again, last year was alot of fun!

Hector, maybe it could be like an episode of the Twilight Zone where we just flip the calander and BAM!, its October

The concern of "if the people show up who say their showing up" is not a concern, I mean look at who were talkin' about here IMO this is the Dragon Run thats going to get a couple people in SE MI off their duffs and acutally step up and come down here next year (I hope), but then again, I said I was going to get someone from the SEMI CEG to come this year and I failed, again Something about 600 miles and 11 hours scares people away for some reason So what, I put 1850 miles on my car last year, no biggie, I mean its once a year and its well worth the ride and time IMO

Eh.....that isn't nothing....my Evo already has 14k since October.
Something about 600 miles and 11 hours scares people away for some reason

My aunt lives in Clinton Township MI and I've made the trip 11 times in my life. Ohio is sooooooooo boring, it goes on and on and seems like it never ends. (Execpt for that huge fire torch thing outside Lima.) She comes down here about twice a year though, she has made the trip in as little as 9 hours before, that's no bathroom breaks, no food stops, etc. If you take the necessary breaks its about 10 hours. Of course, that's from your place to knoxville.. Its another 45ish minutes from Knoxville to the dragon.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/27/06 01:18 AM
Ohio sucks for sure, but then again I do leave pretty early in the morning so its dark for a good portion of the trip I make the best of it though because I know what waiting for me a little further south! I have to say though that downtown Cincy is pretty cool, the bridge and baseball stadium is acutally pretty scenic I really like once you get into Tennesse though, the hills on I-75 are pretty impressive and I remember when I went down there the first time in the CSVT that I had to bump up the speed on the cruize control to about 80 so it would get up the hills a bit easier BTW, I live in Macomb Township which is basically a little N of your aunt and if she ever needs a good detailing done to her car, have her give me a call, seriously

*Read between the lines here, but don't get this locked*

I believe its Jonestown Kentucky, I-75, very long and VERY straight
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/27/06 01:27 AM

i'm meeting ryan saturday to talk out the details but yes we will make it
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/27/06 01:38 AM
Boring drive? Driving to Detroit from Chicago.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/27/06 02:20 AM

Don't start that talk!

You have to come.

Jim you have to be there
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:

i'm meeting ryan saturday to talk out the details but yes we will make it

You better.
Jim you gotta come. I'll buy you a drink, wine or beer. Of course you have to buy it... but I'll pay.
I just wanted to re-state something that was said at the very begining.

-Bring 2-Way Radios-

On the Summer run, the radios proved to be valuable and fun. 1) Instead of several seperate cars driving along, we can talk freely to each other and make it seem as we are all riding in one car. 2)Lead car can pass and let the rest know of upcoming obstacles *cough cough BYCICLES* 3)Warn of upcoming police etc, you get the idea.

Wanted to mention it now so that those who don't have them can get them.

Brad and I have two extras that we can bring. It helps to have radios that can "auto talk" without pressing a button.

does nextel service work at the dragon?

Brad and I have two extras that we can bring. It helps to have radios that can "auto talk" without pressing a button.

Except hearing you and brad talking to each other for a few minutes.

Nothing works at the dragon.
ahh, I should have known the answer.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/27/06 11:25 PM
OnStar works

I agree about the two ways and we'll post this MANY time before the run, so everyone will remember about this one, its very important

BTW, after this week of work I can't wait for the Dragon, we're so busy and I'm going to have 56 hours going into Sunday, yeah, I said Sunday
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/28/06 02:55 AM

My USCellular phone worked there!

Have my 2 way in the car at all times.
I thought I recalled you having to drive a bit to get signal. Maybe I'm thinking something else.

My phone works in parts of the mountains up there and works fine in town, but on the actual dragon it doesn't, atleast the areas I pulled it out and looked, I wasn't exactly paying a lotta attention to it.

An older tri band phone (has analog) probably has a better chance of catching a signal up there.

Except hearing you and brad talking to each other for a few minutes.

Yeah, I know. I was quite embarrased about that.

Remember it was well back on our way to Maryville before we got signal again. Brad and I have Verizon, and we didn't have signal at all. Jim tried to let us use his ?Cingular? it didn't work either.
My phone works in parts of the mountains up there and works fine in town, but on the actual dragon it doesn't, ...

Same here. I did make a call from the 'Overlook' at the dam, but never checked anywhere else on the Dragon.
Here is a vid on the deal's gap yahoo group.

NWS b/c of langauge.

http://www.twistedlimit.com/cbr/Twistedlimit317.WMV

I don't know why those people in the truck or whatever it is were going so slow, but then the squids were a LOT more stupid than the sight see-ers. But it's funny they're afraid they're gonna get beat up by the bikers.
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/28/06 07:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

A group of BMW's plan to travel through the TOD on the same dates you've planned and I would like know if this is okay with your group. I can see from the details of your thread that you are a large group and experienced.

We do not want to clash with your group so I send this post to get some feedback.

Thanks,

GMAN
Originally posted by BMW650i:
Hello Everyone,

A group of BMW's plan to travel through the TOD on the same dates you've planned and I would like know if this is okay with your group. I can see from the details of your thread that you are a large group and experienced.

We do not want to clash with your group so I send this post to get some feedback.

Should not be a problem GMAN. Public road, so everybody is welcome. In addition to that, it has been my experience that the CEGers break up into smaller groups to run the Dragon to minimize clashes with other traffic and allow those with varying levels of enthusiasm run at a comfortable pace.

Not to worry, & welcome to CEG!
It's only a problem if you get in my way.

J/K
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/28/06 08:31 PM
Thanks Guys and I promise not to get in your way.

GMAN
So ya'll have bout 12 cars coming so far? I look forward to seeing ya'll up there, especially the M5s and M6s.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/28/06 09:25 PM
Ill keep these dates in mind. I suppose I have to get a job before I can say whether or not Ill be going, lol. Looking for a job has to be worse than actually working. Im ready for some stability!
It's only a problem if I get in your way.

J/K

Fixed!!!11
It's only a problem if I get in your way.

J/K

Fixed!!!11

Yeah, you better stay outta my way too.
Ha. My wife could whip your azz with her Golf.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/28/06 11:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

GMAN

I'm looking forward to seeing the 650i on the Dragon! Alot of people don't even see those cars once in years time and I for one love those cars Now I'm not as well versed as I should be on those, but do you have the V8 or the V12 in yours I really hope we get to meet up at that cool clearing past the Fugitive Dam Overview and get some pics with the BMW's

The only downside to GMAN and his group is this, now its going to make the fall Dragon Run take that much longer to look forward to knowing we've got another group to look forward to seeing BTW GMAN, where's your group staying at while your down there
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 01:39 AM
Hey Gals/Guys,

I will be sure to remain humble on the roads and share the bandwidth with my Contour Sisters and Brothers.

Okay, it looks like Kremithefrog has been doing your homework.

We have 17 BMW's coming right now. We are called,"BMW Dragon Slayers". It started off for 6 series only but it grew based on other Bimmer friends asking to join.

We have the '07 ///M6, '06 ///M5, '00-'03 ///M5 coming to play: 5 litre V10-500bhp & 383 lb/ft. of torque [4.9 litre V8 400bhp & 368 lb/ft. of torque] for the '00-'03 ///M5

We have the '06 650i, '05 645Ci coming to play: 4.8 litre V8 360bhp & 360 lb/ft. of torque [4.5 litre V8 333bhp & 325 lb/ft. of torque] for the '05 645Ci

We have the rest of the gang coming to play: 635csi, 545i, 530i, 330i, and 325i [3, 4.5, 3, & 2.5 litres respectively] HP is no less than 225 and torque no less than 155.

So as you can see, it's going to be real fun and I hope to meet up with you guys! Thank you for being so nice to a newbie on your forum.

My color ride is a Silver Grey Cabrio!

GMAN
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 01:46 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention... Some of use are staying at the Biltmore and others are staying at a local B&B or the DoubleTree.

We are coming from as North as Canada and as South as Georgia.

That's a good set of places right? We're all newbies to this so please don't stereo-type.

GMAN
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 04:11 AM
OOOOHHHHHH can't wait to play with some BMWs.
Yeah I saw ya'll were staying at the $$$ places. It'll be fun that's for sure. I'd really like to meet up with ya'll. I plan my next car to be a bmw (daily driver) before I get something bad (highly modded mustang or old slightly worked on viper).

And us contour folk have suprised some cars before, so please bring ya'lls driving gloves and/or shoes or whatever ya'll folk have cuz I'm all about seeing what I can make my silly slow old contour do.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 04:58 AM
This is kinda funny, my German/American car along side pure German cars, we'll all have fun and theres going to be ALOT of pics taken for sure

GMAN, IMO the 635CSi's are some of the best lookin' BMW's ever and I'm glad to see theres some coming and I hope to see an M6 Do you have some pics you can share of some of the car that are coming?

Like Kremit said, your staying at some $$$$ places and most of us are working stiffs or younger guys guys going to college still (ages anywhere from 21 to 36 like myself to a bit older) but one thing that binds us all together is our love for all things cars I know you guys said your new to the area and all I can say is this and its VERY good advice to the first timers:

-run the Dragon as normal as you can the first time out, the road isn't going anywhere and you can run it as many times as you want, so no hurry to learn it right away

-bring two-way radios, its most helpful for accidents and cops, although I haven't seen alot of cops out there in my 3 years in a row of going out there. There was alot of bike accidents last year though w/ two people being airlifted out of the area, so that sucked

-on the lighter side make sure you stop at Wheelers bike shop and get yourself a t-shirt. He's a small, independant business man and I like to partronize his shop as often as possible, so I always buy a shirt and couple other items every time out there. He's a great guy to talk to for sure and sells everything Dragon related

-just incase your low on gas remember that Deals Gap sells gas too

Just to "wet your whistle", here's some pics from the 04' run as well as the run from 05'. In the 04' run I've got the silver Contour SVT with dark blue stripes and the BBS rims and in the 05' run, I've got the Crossfire

2004 Dragon Run

2005 Dragon Run
(ages anywhere from 21 to 36 like myself to a bit older)

-run the Dragon as normal as you can the first time out, the road isn't going anywhere and you can run it as many times as you want, so no hurry to learn it right away

although I haven't seen alot of cops out there in my 3 years in a row of going out there. There was alot of bike accidents last year though w/ two people being airlifted out of the area, so that sucked

-on the lighter side make sure you stop at Wheelers bike shop and get yourself a t-shirt. He's a small, independant business man and I like to partronize his shop as often as possible, so I always buy a shirt and couple other items every time out there. He's a great guy to talk to for sure and sells everything Dragon related

-just incase your low on gas remember that Deals Gap sells gas too

I'm 20, and may or may not be the youngest up there, but yeah, younger than 21 (don't tell anyone).

Definitely run the dragon within your limits. Never try to keep up with another car. I tried my first time up there and ended up looking at the road in the opposite direction. I was lucky I was able to keep it from going off the side.

When there is a lotta traffic up there, there are cops. Shouldn't be bad for the fall run, but when there are bikes wrecking, cops come up. Don't worry about tickets and whatnot as people warn you before you come upon a cop, but they just slow down your pace. Cops are quite understanding up there from what I've seen.

Go to Wheelers for sure. He seemed to be a good guy and carries the true tailofthedragon.com stuff, unlike the store at Deal's Gap.
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 05:44 AM
Yeah I saw ya'll were staying at the $$$ places. It'll be fun that's for sure. I'd really like to meet up with ya'll. I plan my next car to be a bmw (daily driver) before I get something bad (highly modded mustang or old slightly worked on viper).

And us contour folk have suprised some cars before, so please bring ya'lls driving gloves and/or shoes or whatever ya'll folk have cuz I'm all about seeing what I can make my silly slow old contour do.

We will come with our driving shoes and gloves.
Many of us run on the track or back road drive on the twisties regularly, so this should be F-U-N!

What are you thinking of buying, the [BMW] you spoke of?
We should meet for sure, pass along your details (Real name, etc...). I'll do the same of course and lets see if we can connect. Email: Gerald_Belton@hotmail.com [Can you guess my real name?]

A Viper would be nice! Big V10: 500bhp

Can't wait to see the Contour in ACTION.

GMAN
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 06:06 AM
Fun, fun, fun... Pure German and his half brother American/German (Crossfire)

The classic 6ers are the best. The Southeast Sharkfest '06 was awesome this year at the Zentrum [Greenville, SC]. Got pics but I will post them later.. I need some sleep!

Don't get me wrong, we all work really hard even if some of us are Presidents of companies. You will find that we are all normal down to earth guys of various ages 27-47.

My plan exactly on the TOD. Take it easy on the first few runs. Some of us have driven the N�¼rburgring Nordschleife, Caesar's Head, and the NUMASSMONTRING. We will see what the road has to offer, it's looks real scary but fun.

Thanks for the tips, we can really use them.

Finally, those pics are cool! Your Crossfire is a mean looking machine; you driving that right?

GMAN
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 06:07 AM
Will definately stop at Wheelers!

Thanks for the tips...

GMAN
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/29/06 11:51 PM
I will be driving the hell out of the Crossfire out there, just like I did last year! Compared to my old CSVT it isn't even close, less weight, more torque, more hp, larger tires, BIGGER brakes and most importantly...RWD! I'm certainly not saying its an M3 or anything, but the car kicks ass on that tight, twisty road for sure I'm really looking forward to swapping cars with Hector, he's got a modded 03' EVO VIII, thats what I'm looking forward to most

I've added "Chevron stripes" to the Crossfire for this year, look out

You guys being presidents of companies are already cool because you've visited this forum and once you meet us, you'll see how we are With your experience running in Germany the Dragon shouldn't be a problem, but keep in mind the Dragon has almost twice the turns as the Nuerburg Ring (forgive the spelling, I'm lazy to look first ) Hands down, this is going to be the best running of the Dragon ever for us in the fall!!!
There's a beat up 625csi for sale up near my in-law's house. Anyone need parts?
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/30/06 04:41 AM
Do me a favor and post this on Bimmerforums.com under the M6/6-Series area.

There are 100's of classic 6-series owners there!

GMAN
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/30/06 04:45 AM
I will be driving the hell out of the Crossfire out there, just like I did last year! Compared to my old CSVT it isn't even close, less weight, more torque, more hp, larger tires, BIGGER brakes and most importantly...RWD! I'm certainly not saying its an M3 or anything, but the car kicks ass on that tight, twisty road for sure I'm really looking forward to swapping cars with Hector, he's got a modded 03' EVO VIII, thats what I'm looking forward to most

I've added "Chevron stripes" to the Crossfire for this year, look out

You guys being presidents of companies are already cool because you've visited this forum and once you meet us, you'll see how we are With your experience running in Germany the Dragon shouldn't be a problem, but keep in mind the Dragon has almost twice the turns as the Nuerburg Ring (forgive the spelling, I'm lazy to look first ) Hands down, this is going to be the best running of the Dragon ever for us in the fall!!!

Love those Chevrons stripes on cars... A modded Evo 8, man that is going to be one nice ride!

Can you guys recommend a video camera and attachment I could buy for the run? Remember I have a Cabrio but I can keep the top up if I have too!

Thanks again for sharing.
GMAN
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/30/06 04:19 PM
You might have talked about this earlier so apologies for the repeat.

Where are you guys stopping for lunch and scenic stop points for pics and rests?

Thanks,

GMAN
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/31/06 01:52 AM
I love that modded Evo VIII!

Looking forward to driving the Crossfire.
I love that modded Evo VIII!

Looking forward to driving the Crossfire.

You would love that Evo.

GMAN - I take it from your posts you and your crew havn't been to Deal's Gap? Well, there are a few restaraunts in Robbinsville; which is a 2-stoplight town. I'm pretty sure our big group of Contours and your big group of BMW's will eventually run into each other. As for scenic shots, there are very few pull-off areas on the actual Dragon that are large enough for our groups. The Cherahola Skyway has a few as well. Usually, we try to get a couple real good group shots of everyone down by the lake, then break off into smaller groups to actually run the Dragon.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 07/31/06 11:36 PM
GMAN, a good size group of us are staying in Tellico Plains which is home to the beginning of the Cherahola Skyway, a 57 mile journey to get to the Dragon! This road goes from 3,000 feet elevation to a little over 5,000 feet and has MANY spots to stop and take pic. Many of the pics in the links I post a couple pages back are from the Skyway. I highly suggest that you and your group follow us back to Tellico Plains so you can run the Skyway as well, its well worth it and the turns are large sweepers with a many surprises for sure The total lap of Cherahola/Dragon and back is about 140 miles!!! Like I said before, I put a total of 1850 miles on the Crossfire last year, running the Cherahola/Skyway 3x's, the only way to do it

Hector, you put a next to driving my Crossfire, is that because you'll need help getting into it or what Its cramped quarters for someone tall like you, but I think once you get the seat situated, you'll be fine. Then, you can see what all the fun is about in a sports car on the Dragon
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 01:26 AM

Hector, you put a next to driving my Crossfire, is that because you'll need help getting into it or what Its cramped quarters for someone tall like you, but I think once you get the seat situated, you'll be fine. Then, you can see what all the fun is about in a sports car on the Dragon

I will need help getting out.

Let's see the stats:

Me- 6' 270 lbs
You- 5'5" or so 160-170 lbs.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 05:24 AM
***UPDATE***

I'm 5'6" and checking in at 158.2 per my digital scale this morning The lighter the better on the Dragon, unsprung weight baby
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 11:16 AM
***UPDATE***

I'm 5'6" and checking in at 158.2 per my digital scale this morning The lighter the better on the Dragon, unsprung weight baby

I'll just make my unsprung weight up with power.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 12:58 PM
on tonights news was a story about the dragon. here's the link and be sure to click on the video link on the page.
Dragon story
GREAT! Now we no longer need fear death on the Dragon. The Emergency Response team will be there to glue us back together!
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 03:30 PM
***UPDATE***

I think i am the biggest guy in the southeast that will be at the run.

6'2"
260.3 Lbs

6'2"
260.3 Lbs

wow babe, you almost sound proud
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 04:06 PM
***UPDATE***

I think i am the biggest guy in the southeast that will be at the run.

6'2"
260.3 Lbs

I still got 10 lbs on ya.
So me layin down a buck twenny puts me ahead?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/01/06 11:11 PM
So me layin down a buck twenny puts me ahead?

How much less would you be w/o all the hair and the famous hat though Eric
'Bout a buck o' five. Actually, since I've got a mechanicin' job, I've had to cut off most of my hair to keep the red Kendall SHP grease out. I do have the beard to be feared still.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 01:57 AM
'Bout a buck o' five. Actually, since I've got a mechanicin' job, I've had to cut off most of my hair to keep the red Kendall SHP grease out. I do have the beard to be feared still.

I am getting scary thoughts/visions.
Put the r compounds on tonite and went and 'heat cycled' em. Definitely have to do a LOT more fender cutting. Will probably go through 3 or 4 cutting wheels friday. I put them next to my street tires, both are 225 width, but the victoracers are atleast 10-15mm wider than the fuzions.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 03:55 AM
"R" compound, Kremit is getting serious All I got is "M" compound, as in Michelin "Pilot" sports and even though they've got about 12.5K on them, they're in great shape and will hold up for yet another 3 day running of the Dragon, but will have to replace before I run the Dragon next year, well if I have the car by then (shhh, don't tell Hector I said that )
I've got Kumho XL compounds. I washed the car yesterday and put the first shine on the new tires. They're pretty ballsy looking.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 01:40 PM
Don't know what tires I'll have but they may very well be 255/45/17s
255s!!!!??? They'll almost meet in the middle!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 04:14 PM
255s!!!!??? They'll almost meet in the middle!

They will fit under an Evo.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 05:53 PM
I hope thats what you end up going with Hector
My 225's are small. I could easily run 235's or maybe even 245's with my 4x4 suspension.
Hey look what came in:
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 09:52 PM

No I am putting on 215s for you Roger.
Pffft. 215's.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/02/06 11:12 PM

No I am putting on 215s for you Roger.

Cool, we'll just wait for some snow on the Cherahola and I'll be all set! 215's, WRC style

BTW, its about 10 weeks till the run, are you guys ready and more importantly, are you cars ready PM is the numero uno thing to do before hand!
Hopefully Warmonger will get the caliper bracket group buy underway and I'll have CSVT front-sized rotors on the rear to replace my current drums. If not, I'll still need to swap over to CSVT rear brakes. I also have most; if not all; SVT suspension components plus a rear sway bar Ross is bringing. I still need new LCA's and one CV boot. I think I have all the bushings/links I need to replace everything that's worn out. 105k miles on the original struts/bushings = a rough ride.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 01:08 AM
How do you get CSVT front sized rotors on the rear I'm sure you'll get everything you need by then, you've got enough time. Anyone else with a "to do" list

Also GMAN, what your groups car wax of choice, inquiring minds would like know
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 01:31 AM
To do list:

New tires
Oil change
Engine dampner
Wax
Anyone else with a "to do" list

I have one and should be done with it soon. I hope LOL
How do you get CSVT front sized rotors on the rear I'm sure you'll get everything you need by then, you've got enough time. Anyone else with a "to do" list

Warmonger's supposed to be working on a caliper bracket kit that allows FSVT 300mm front rotors to fit under stock E0 and E1 wheels. He's also working on a bracket for the rear that'll allow the use of the stock rear CSVT caliper with front CSVT rotors. Larger rotors in the rear without going to a bigger aftermarket kit. Sounds good to me.

Roger, you know all those German car guys use Zaino.
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 03:44 AM

Presta for the Win!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 04:57 AM
Quote:

I'm not convinced the "Kool-Aid" works like on them like it does everyone else and besides, Klasse is imported from Germany The week of the Dragon run I'm going to clay, AIO and apply one coat of SG on that Monday and everyday after that the car is getting additional coats of SG, right up till Wednesday night when I hit the sack! Hector will be arriving sometime during the day on Wednesday and we'll be waxing his ride as well, so Hector, don't worry about the waxing, just run the car through a carwash before you get here

Presta for the Win!

Says the man who works at an automotive paint supply company. Of course Presta is going to be better it's professional!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 02:52 PM
Quote:

I'm not convinced the "Kool-Aid" works like on them like it does everyone else and besides, Klasse is imported from Germany The week of the Dragon run I'm going to clay, AIO and apply one coat of SG on that Monday and everyday after that the car is getting additional coats of SG, right up till Wednesday night when I hit the sack! Hector will be arriving sometime during the day on Wednesday and we'll be waxing his ride as well, so Hector, don't worry about the waxing, just run the car through a carwash before you get here

Sweet!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 05:03 PM
Hector, whats up with the screen name

Now for one good reason I look forward to the Dragon

This is one of the pics I bought from www.killboy.com and I think its really cool how you can see the reflection of the road in the bumper, the detail of how the car is "working" and even the front wheels all nice and dirty from slaying the Dragon, well worth the $5.00 a photo I paid

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 08:08 PM
ROGER! Your pic needs a resize!
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
ROGER! Your pic needs a resize!

He's just proud to have good pics nowadays.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 11:13 PM
Sorry about that guys, but its either small, regular size or that HUUUUUUGE one I think a pic like that needs to go up our big screen to fit it in I have another one thats in the link a couple pages back where its a profile of my car next to some rock formations, thats the one I'm going to get blown up to poster size and hung in my garage and it will remain there even after the car is gone in 1 year and 11 monthes
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 11:20 PM
OK, ok, here's the ultimate reason to drive 11 hrs and 600 miles to get to the Dragon, this...

Don't worry, the Crossfire wasn't harmed in this pic, it was put outside so I could detail the guys mini-van who did my stripes and window tint. Afterwards, when the road dried up it was taken to the local touch-free carwash, brought home and give a couple coats of SG
Needs less big.

open up paint & stretch/skew the image (equally on both axis). Save the reduced image to HD, then send it to your hosting thingy. Easy.

Killboy (or whoever) has a crappy high res camera by the way. Lotsa artifacts around the sunlight reflection points. Overall a good picture.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/03/06 11:57 PM
Not another!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/04/06 01:06 AM
Jim, your speaking greek my man BTW, you don't happen to be fan of .38 special by chance do you
BTW, you don't happen to be fan of .38 special by chance do you

<=== (* feels in insulting reference coming... *)

Not a fan.
Roger, download the image resizer powertoy.

Once installed, you just right click, click resize, and choose what size you want. It makes a new, resized picture in the same folder you have the original.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
I did a lotta cutting today and I'm pretty sure the 17" daily drivers aren't rubbing any more. We'll see sunday if the race tires rub.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/04/06 08:33 PM
Cutting? Doh!
Yeah low offset and wide tires. O well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/04/06 11:14 PM
BTW, you don't happen to be fan of .38 special by chance do you

<=== (* feels in insulting reference coming... *)

Not a fan.

No insult coming your way Jim, but maybe one of these though LOL! Nah, its just they have an album called "Tour De Force" and I'm pretty sure they're from Florida or somewhere in the deep south, so thats why I ask BTW, what kinda of music do you like? I've got my guitar CD all ready for the Dragon, its a must and I'll be making another CD with lyrical driving music too, like "Cowboys from Hell" and "Snap your fingers, snap your neck!"
Music on the Dragon!?!? I guess an open K&N filter, headers, and an SVT exhaust is all the music I like to hear.
Yeah. I listen to music traveling up there and back. But once I'm in the mountains, my cd player is off.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/05/06 05:12 PM
Its not like I'm not concentrating because I am, but it kinda makes me feel like I'm in GT4
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/05/06 06:02 PM
Its not like I'm not concentrating because I am, but it kinda makes me feel like I'm in GT4

BOOO...no music while your driving in GT4.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/05/06 06:30 PM

Do you turn off the musical tracks Hector

Do you turn off the musical tracks Hector

I do! I also turn the stability junk off and traction control down to 1 or 2 or 0 on lower power cars.
ABS? ESP? What's that!?!?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/06/06 03:46 PM
I turn off the music while driving BUT the music is still on with replays.
ABS? ESP? What's that!?!?

ya.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/07/06 03:03 AM
i crank my system up when i'm on the dragon. But look at my setup. Who wouldn't. I have my select "driving music" C.D.'s
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/07/06 04:20 AM
i crank my system up when i'm on the dragon. But look at my setup. Who wouldn't. I have my select "driving music" C.D.'s

....and they are
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/07/06 04:57 PM
I have music going mostly to drown out my whife whining "Hooonnneeyy slow dooowwnnn" as i am trying to keep up with Ross's creazy A$$ driving.

I mostly keep good guitar music. Shinedown Ozzy Iron Maden Eric Johnson.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/07/06 11:18 PM
I have music going mostly to drown out my whife whining "Hooonnneeyy slow dooowwnnn" as i am trying to keep up with Ross's creazy A$$ driving.

This post is funny/ironic as my wife will NEVER go down to the Dragon with me again and I too have guitar CD's ready to go. Gary Hoey, "Satch", Steve Via as well as Eric Johnson , all on one CD!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/07/06 11:19 PM

This post is funny/ironic as my wife will NEVER go down to the Dragon with me again and I too have guitar CD's ready to go. Gary Hoey, "Satch", Steve Via as well as Eric Johnson , all on one CD!

I wouldn't talk Roger.....had you squirming/sweating riding with me.
He was just too worried the ATX would fall out.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/08/06 11:05 PM
Thanks for hooking us up the discount because I got billed only $113.00 for my cabin for (3) nights
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/09/06 02:37 AM

IN the Evo, in June when he came down.

IN the Evo, in June when he came down.

Oh yeah, the meet I skipped!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/10/06 01:20 AM
***UPDATE*** I will be in the Crossfire for sure Hector/everybody. I was tryin' to get out of it but after one of the guys from our Crossfire forum took his 04' Crossfire/ATX to get it appraised so I'd have an "idea" of what to expect, well, they offered him $17.5K and his is one year older and has 15K more miles, go figure If you guys think the CSVT is the deal of the century for what you get, check out the Crossfire in about 2 years
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/10/06 01:41 AM
Ouch Roger.

You definitely turned over every stone.
I don't want to know what my bucket is worth.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/10/06 02:24 AM

$1500-$2500

Kim's 2000 Duratec SE was only worth $2500.
***UPDATE*** I will be in the Crossfire for sure Hector/everybody. I was tryin' to get out of it but after one of the guys from our Crossfire forum took his 04' Crossfire/ATX to get it appraised so I'd have an "idea" of what to expect, well, they offered him $17.5K and his is one year older and has 15K more miles, go figure If you guys think the CSVT is the deal of the century for what you get, check out the Crossfire in about 2 years

Yeah but I want a good looking car.

$1500-$2500

Kim's 2000 Duratec SE was only worth $2500.

That's what I've got. I told the wife that's about what it's worth and she said we should just keep it and drive it until it explodes; which is the plan.
I guess its time for my annual return to the forum! Well this year I have stooped to a level beyond belief. I no longer have the SVT Focus. I sold out for a grocery getter. 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD. Wipe the tear from your eye Roger. I should be able to make this run even though I will prolly be draggin up the rear. But I can still drive it faster than grandma Roger.
WTF... a caliber
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/10/06 11:13 PM
Quote:

But I can still drive it faster than grandma Roger.

Josh, your coming, great As far as driving it faster than me, well with your experience out there you should and if you don't mind, maybe we could swap cars for a run Don't worrry Josh you said it yourself, I drive like a grandma, well compared to your azz BTW, where are you stayin' at down there and do you have any mods done to the Caliber yet
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/10/06 11:41 PM
Hell yeah....Josh will be making the trip!

I have something A LOT faster this time.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 01:18 AM
Hector you better be careful, I specifically remember Josh saying he wanted a Rally Red EVO

Josh, what color is your Caliber and what about those mods? I really want to swap cars with you as well so I can see what my car looks like carving the Dragon Now as far as how I drive, well on the Skyway there was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to try and keep up with you, I mean you were in a FSVT and I was in a CSVT and to make matters worse, you've been out there a bazillion time more than me, not to mention your auto-X experience The last thing you want out there is someone who's over confident in their abilities or worse their cars This Dragon trip is really turning into something special for me as I may get to drive (3) different cars out there!!!

Damn, can October just get here already
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 02:04 AM
Roger wants to drive EVERYTHING on the Dragon!
Roger, you can drive my car if you feel like. Things are being done, so it ain't gonna be your average 2.5L. It'll be like letting my grandma drive, so I won't worry about damage.
I havent done any mods to it yet, mainly because there arent any out there for it. As for color it is the metallic maroon color with the premium 18" chrome wheels not the machined aluminum like you see on most the R/Ts. Future mods will probably include some springs to close the fender gap just a bit but other than that it will probably stay stock. Roger you sure can drive my car, as long as I get a run through in the Crossfire. I think you will surprised at the Caliber, it is very nicely damped. It looks like it owuld be a terd in the curves but it is pretty good. The autostick is also a plus.

Oh and Hector no 1AM trips to the hospital this year. Whew what a night.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 08:37 PM
Josh, you can drive the Crossfire for sure, thanks for letting me run the Caliber on the Dragon! I've been "hinting" at wanting to get out of my lease early and into the the Caliber SRT-4, but between Crossfires sitting on lots longer than cars with pooka-dots and Hector reminding me of how much I liked driving his EVO, I'm just going to stay on coarse, although I'm going to take one for a test drive next spring

Kremit, you too can run a portion of the Dragon in my car as well, but don't slide off the road and if you do, make sure you get out ok and the car is totalled BTW, whats all done to your CSVT again, you are bringing it instead of the Escort, right

This is going to be like working for one of the car mags, driving a bunch of different cars and giving your driving impressions
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SVTaslinger:

Don't plan on it. Since the baby, Kim's asthma has been non-existent.
BTW, whats all done to your CSVT again, you are bringing it instead of the Escort, right

Suspension stuff. Probably gonna be on r compounds. And working on bigger brakes and a decent little jump in HP soon.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 10:32 PM
Roger wants to drive EVERYTHING on the Dragon!

Tell you what Roger i'll let you take a spin in both of our cars my svt(if it is running) and the wifes Redline ion

So babies cure asthma?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/11/06 10:52 PM

So babies cure asthma?

I guess whatever extra hormones that were produced helped.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/12/06 06:29 PM
Thanks Icy, you've got a deal and BTW does your ION Redline have the optional LSD This run is going to be like FIVE runs in all, brillant!!!

WOW!, seems people actually wanna run the Crossfire, go figure as it wasn't supposed to run faster than the 15.5-15.9 and crushed that, now people wanna see what the handling is all about The car WILL NOT let you down guys, trust me just leave the T/C on though as last year the light was flashing so much I almost went blind
I have the most important question in this thread

Who is buying my beer?

Thanks.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/13/06 05:24 AM

Who is buying my beer?

Thanks.

I got you dont worry about it Ross
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/13/06 01:20 PM

Who is buying my beer?

Thanks.

And I have the answer:

YOU!!!!!

yeah, don't worry about beer. Brian had a huge 4th of july party and had two kegs from some restraunt around here (Calhouns?) because his dad has a hook-up with the manager there or something. If we ask nicely he might give us a deal.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/14/06 11:16 PM
Quote:

1990 Ford Tempo All Wheel Drive

I wanna drive that on the Dragon, just out of shere rarity
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 02:25 AM
Where is everyone?
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 02:38 AM
Where is everyone?

I am busy diong way too much maint. to the svt right now. To the tune of about $500+ pass wheel bearing, altenator, pass caliper, drivers side axle and a few smaller things. Can you believe ford trans fluid for these cars is $20 a bottle WTF??? And this has got to be the worst alt. change i have ever done!!!!!!
Pssst... don't use Ford trans fluid.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 02:32 PM
Pssst... don't use Ford trans fluid.

come on ross please enlighten me then
Royal Purple Synchromax is pretty good. It's about $8 a quart. There are a few other acceptable fluids, but I don't know them all.
And this has got to be the worst alt. change i have ever done!!!!!!

No way!! Have fun with it. I've got to change out a leaking oil pan and all O2 sensors. I'd rather do an alternator than the damn O2's.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 11:03 PM
And this has got to be the worst alt. change i have ever done!!!!!!

No way!! Have fun with it. I've got to change out a leaking oil pan and all O2 sensors. I'd rather do an alternator than the damn O2's.

Ok so now here is the kicker the wires for one of my o2's right at the harness were frayed so i go and tape up all one at a time. Then i get back to the alt. after noticing i ruined and had to change mega fuse. i was going to do the alt. wiring fix pulled on the wire to get a little slack and it keeps coming till i get a frayed end of it. I figuyre i better chase the end of it down so i can tape it up right? Well i get to where the alt. wires come off the main harness and what do i find?? The green wire off the alt. plug is frayed and still havent found the end of the red wire. So then i cut open the big harness to find nothing but wire insulation(sp) and bare wires everywhere. I don't know what to do now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 11:15 PM
see post in troubleshooting in regards to this /\
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 11:18 PM
Icy, post something in the trouble shooting section and don't get to bummed out about it, we've got almost 2 monthes till the run and besides, you've got the Redline Speaking of Saturn, I drove in one of the new Auras... It was the Aura XR w/ the 3.6L w/VVT and 6spd auto w/tapshift I can't believe its a GM car! I hope they put out a Redline version of that car, that would be badass!!! This particular car was loaded and only stickered for $26.2K and that was w/o the GM discount, unbelievable!

Good luck Icy, I'm sure you'll get it figured out
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/16/06 11:22 PM
It just really sucks. I'm kicking myself in the ass over and over now for getting this car. if i do all this and get it going i'll never be able to get rid of it i'll have too much in it and well i guess a pretty well new car too!!!!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/17/06 11:09 PM
It just really sucks. I'm kicking myself in the ass over and over now for getting this car. if i do all this and get it going i'll never be able to get rid of it i'll have too much in it and well i guess a pretty well new car too!!!!!!

You always get to a point where you've gotta make a decision...do I keep it and prepare to put some money into it or do I sell it and let someone else do it Thats up to you put seeing that you've already got a Saturn, go and check out the Aura XR and remember this, bring your title with you so you don't have to wait so long to get yourself into it because that car rocks

...or you could buy yourself and used EVO
Keeping a decent used car running is almost always cheaper than getting a new car. Say $500 in repairs and it goes good for 6 months vs. $300-$600 a month for a new car.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/18/06 01:29 AM
Keeping a decent used car running is almost always cheaper than getting a new car. Say $500 in repairs and it goes good for 6 months vs. $300-$600 a month for a new car.

Your opinion don't count.....you have kept everything you have bought.
Icy, I'll come pick it up Saturday. Just leave the keys under the seat and the title in the glove box. You won't even have to wave goodbye.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/18/06 02:01 AM
Icy, I'll come pick it up Saturday. Just leave the keys under the seat and the title in the glove box. You won't even have to wave goodbye.

Title good luck lol i owe more than anyone would want to on this car. Hell i still have almost 2 yrs left to pay on it I'm trying to get ford to cover it under the recall because of the manufacture date of the car but i cant get anyone important on the phone with cust service I went ahead and ordered the harness i need from bill and it is supposed to be here tomorrow better be cause i paid like 40 extra bucks for overnight!!!! so i guess bright and early i'll be fixing it up and roger the car should be like new by the time you get to drive it. oh and as far as the EVO thing goes. I'd be all over it if i wasn't over my head on this car. and the wife says that the next car will be an automatic for her and then i can have the saturn so i don't know. Checking prices also they are still a lil pricey for me i have a 4 month old and money isn't the greatest but it is a 4dr no i'll wait till my tour is paid for or kicks the bucket totally then look the mitsu way
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/18/06 02:07 AM
The Evo is great for kids. My daughter is 2 1/2 months and she loves the car. Baby seat, diaper bag, big ass stroller fit it the car.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/18/06 02:35 AM
The Evo is great for kids. My daughter is 2 1/2 months and she loves the car. Baby seat, diaper bag, big ass stroller fit it the car.

Find me one for a decent price!!!!

Exactly!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/18/06 03:09 AM

Exactly!

You have two extra cars and wtb a cheap beater??? PM me a price on the two you got for sale ross
Taking offers. The escort has a ton of aftermarket parts, mainly suspension. The contour... I want too much for it. Probably will have to sell it locally to some dummy. Though it runs like a champ. ... Yeah I wanna sell both and get a REALLLLLLLLLY cheap beater.
I may put a bid on the Escort. What are you wanting for it?
IDK PM meeee
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/20/06 10:23 PM
Cheap EVO... onder, well Hector knows of an 03' thats the rare yellow w/27K for $20K, now thats cheap, trust me
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 12:11 AM
Cheap EVO... onder, well Hector knows of an 03' thats the rare yellow w/27K for $20K, now thats cheap, trust me

what kind of bank loan value do they have? Is it at a car lot or an individual have it?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 12:20 AM
Hector said its at a Mitsubishi dealership near him, so you'd have to come up here to get it and then enjoy the drive home The yellow on the EVO is pearl and looks great inperson IMO!

Hey Hector guess what I saw on my way to work today....white EVO VIII I mention this because I might see an EVO about once every 3 monthes
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 01:03 AM
i need the number for the car lot i'll give them a call

sell out
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 03:58 AM

sell out

Hey, who isn't nowadays Wait till you guys read who the next member of the AWD club is, you'll be shocked considering how nice his CSVT is, thats all I'm sayin' I know its sometime off, but in 23 monthes, I'll be in that club, either the EVO which I'm heavily leaning towards or the MS6 because of the value for the money

BTW I believe we're inside of 2 monthes for the Dragon Run!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 10:34 AM

630-960-7789 Max Madsen Mitsu
Pfft. Evo IV TME FTW.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 10:28 PM
Pfft. Evo IV TME FTW.

Yep if they were sold here. I have only seen 2 in the US on Ebay.
Yeah I know. Tommy Mak.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/21/06 11:12 PM
Yeah I know. Tommy Mak.

Did I miss something, did he die If so, this would be something to remember him by!
2000 TME EVO for sale
Yeah I know. Tommy Mak.

Did I miss something, did he die If so, this would be something to remember him by!
2000 TME EVO for sale

No he didn't die; I'm just sad I can't get a TME here in the States. I wonder if that Euro joint would take a trade on my beater. Fair trade!?!?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/22/06 10:40 AM
Look what I see...in WI!

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/22/06 11:33 PM
That bumper looks like its got a boob sticking out of each side of it and IMO looks a little too "comic book hero from the 80's" I like the EVO VIII front end, period!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/23/06 01:25 AM
Evo VI is beautiful Roger. Even with the pimples.
Yeah no doubt. Chubby squirrel cheeks FTW!!
Hey Jim, just noticed your new signature! Does this mean you'll and the family will be coming up for the run?
I'd like to try and make this this time. My GTP is pretty dialed in with tires, suspension, adn new brakes. Roger, are there any cool places for camping? Cabins and hotels are nice and all.. but you don't head out to that beautiful aprt to not set up camp.

I'll know by mid september if its deffeinte or not.

10 hour dirve or so, right? That's nothing.
Plenty of places for camping.
That's great!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/25/06 06:53 PM
Plenty of places for camping.

Ya what he said.
Plenty of nice joints right on the lake. Are you gonna camp for real or do you need water and power?
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/25/06 10:19 PM
Looks like the SVT will be ok and running (knock on wood) for the dragon run . I have driven it to work for the past 3 days and all is well at the moment. Still have a drivers side axle ridin shotgun with me. I gotta get it installed but it's kinda hard to find time when your the only one on days and no one to baby sit
Hell, both are nice, lol. I suppose I don't need to be a true mountain man.. water and power would be cool.

I've never been there, where are some good close campsites near where everyone is staying??
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/25/06 10:25 PM
Holy crap! Another Northerner going to make the Dragon Run?
Icy - let the kid help ya sling the axle in. They're cake if you've done it before.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/26/06 12:22 AM
i haven't but it can't be too hard just take the knuckle off and pull it out right
Holy crap! Another Northerner going to make the Dragon Run?

I did drive to Atlanta for a one day meet, ya know.

I've wanted to do this for a few years now.. time to live it up, see if the GTP can handle with the big boys.
Originally posted by Tuned3900SFI:
see if the GTP can handle with the big boys.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/26/06 07:25 PM
Chad, you need to change out the pads and try and find some SS brake lines and you'll be all set As far as camping goes, well our cabins have been booked up for some time now, but theres plenty of motels right off I-75 where we get off the freeway and you'd only be about 15 minutes from us, so meeting up every morning at Hardees would be a breeze!

I've got new Hawk pads for her already installed and SS lines don't exist for my car yet.

I think she'll be good to go. Only thing I'd like to do is have a fab shop make up larger diameter front and rear sway bars. 16mm Steel bars ain't [censored] in the handling department.

As for meeting up, I love Hardees. . I've gotta look at some maps and see exactly where ya'll are staying and I'll gauge a good place for myself so I'm good and close.
Bah got a ticket today. I'll try to make it not interfer with the trip but it was 24 over so they can take my license. Also got a stupid tint warning. But considering other things,like having someone else's ID fall out of my wallet with my ID and him asking bout that and me having a bottle of whiskey in the car, I got off light I guess. And he made me late to autox. He was a meanie.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/27/06 09:56 PM
Ross this is for you
Dude, all you needed was a gun with someone elses finger prints to complete your list...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/28/06 02:20 AM
Dude, all you needed was a gun with someone elses finger prints to complete your list...

X2
At 24 over sounds like you were already running late to auto-x.

a double for you.
I would have made it right in time if he hadn't stopped me.

79 ain't all that fast. There was only 2 cars on the road. Me and unfortunately him.
You've still got a long ways to go to catch me, Ross.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 01:18 AM
Can someone hook Chad up with some motels/hotels in the area and post it here just incase we get Tom (WA2TUFF) to make it down, of old 68 off of I-75, I believe our exit number is 60, but could be 62. The nearest city is called Sweetwater, not to be confused with SweetTea

If Chad goes I will be sucessful in the fact that I got someone from the EGL to finally come to the Dragon with me, well now that I think of it, it appears that John (5speed3.0LSE) is going to be coming down with me instead of my buddy, but we'll see in about a week in half to be sure. The thing is, John needs to see if he's got exams that week and if he doesn't, he's coming down to run the Dragon. MY other buddy, Derek, has other things to worry about, namely his wife being pregnant and due in early December, so its kinda close, besides that he's got see if he's got drill that weekend (he's in the reserve and served in Iraq for a year!) Either way, I'm bringing someone down with me and its going to be a great trip, I can't wait
Roger isn't a dirty old man, is he?!

Only thing that would stop me is the same as John, but I generally have clearance for things like that with propper notice.. like, notifying on the first day of class.

It's cool ROger, I've found a couple places I'm checking into. Now.. the only thing is that I probably won't be coming until Thursday afternoon.. AKA, ariving VERY early Friday morning.. like 3:00 am. So, that's not an issue with me (obviously).. just as long as you all have some info set upo as far as wher eyou guys will all be at at a certain time so i can get there pronto.

And as always, the sooner you guys work that time, place, etc out.. the better the time I have to plan.

Edit: And it's Exit 60 Roger.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 01:47 AM
24 over the limit....you got caught doing that?

45 over the limit is something worth losing you license over....I almost did.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 01:47 AM
yes exit 60 it is. I live in Sweetwater so if anyone needs anything like phone numbers hotel names or anything let me know I'll help out as much as i can
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 01:48 AM

I didn't even know you have drivers licenses in GA.
I found a few hotels/ motels like right there at 75 and exit 60.. but... I think I might go with staying at the KOA.. I love to camp and it's something not readily available in Detroit.

KOA is at I-75 and exit 62.. so I'm just a stone's throw away.
Wow.. only a 9 Hour and 1 minute trip (560 miles) from my door to the campsite.. that's pretty awesome. Obviously that's on "mapquest speed limit" time.. so it's mor elike 8 hours... or 6.5 with Ross driving..

I'm getting excited.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 02:15 AM
now all i need is subframe connectors

Did you really just quote yourself?

And what's funny about being caught doing 24 over? This was out in the country, no place to run or hide.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 02:26 AM

Did you really just quote yourself?

And what's funny about being caught doing 24 over? This was out in the country, no place to run or hide.

I am tired...yes I quoted myself.

I laughed about 24 over since EVERYONE in the Chicago area go at least 20 over.....with the police right next to them going faster.
Yeah big cities are like that. Atlanta is like that.

But when you're the only car on the road, the old fart gsp likes to get you.
Roger isn't a dirty old man, is he?!

When the banjo music starts, you'll know what to do.

Don't volunteer for a whirling game of "hide the corn husk", right?!

Is Roger a dirty old man? Well, he's not really old, persay...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 10:21 PM
Roger is old....almost 40.
Oh, then Tuned3900SFI, the answer is yes.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/29/06 11:12 PM
Roger is old....almost 40.

I've got 3 years and 6 monthes till I'm 40 and lets hope I'm smack dab in the middle of payments on that EVO MR I must have too

Hector, your 46 over makes sense, you had an AMG pushing your rear bumper, but I think you were doing more like 90 over though

Chad, we'll be meeting up at the Hardee's about 9:00 a.m. or so every moring for breakfast and its right on old 68 which is the road at exit 60.

Its only a matter of time now guys!

Mmmmm, Hardees.

I located it on the map.. only 5 minutes away (or less)
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 01:23 AM
If your stayin' at a place at exit 62 Chad the Hardee's by us is alot further away than 5 minutes, even if you were stayin' right off exit 60 and I-75 its longer than 5 minutes away. This Hardees is in Tellico Plains which is E of Sweetwater, about 15 minutes from there. We're lucky, the Hardees isn't even 5 minutes away

Now I'm not calling your out or anything Chad but I'd be remissed if I didn't tell you the golden rules of the Dragon:

-Don't try and be a hero

-Make your first run a "feeling out" process"

-When you've got a bike behind you, wave him past, it will make life better for you and he'll really appreciate it

-Don't outdrive your cars ability, its not worth it as theres always a good amount of cars/bikes out there

-Make sure to check your tires air pressure, brake fluid, trans fluid and oil, it all takes a beating out there

-When in doubt, don't do it!!!
You left one off

-Stay outta my way. It's best for the both of us.

Hmm... on the map it looks close, lol.

5 minutes.. 15 minutes.. I'll do a mapquest fromthe site so I know how much time I need to get there.

And I 100% agree on your "ground rules" Roger. Now, I've driven in West Birgia, Kentucky, and a little in the Smokies.. so i know sorta what to "expect".. but hey, I'm going to enjoy the ride out there. Now I just need to figure out if I wanna drop 800 bucks on a set of really nice tires...

I think I am looking mroe so forward to seeing all the other cars there.. I like to spectate more than do.
You left one off

-Stay outta my way. It's best for the both of us.

No one wants Ross to through his whiskey bottle at us.
Besides the "life essentials".. what all do you gusy bring with you? Anyone bring a tool box, spare parts.. any need for things like this?

I'd also like to know what 2 ways eveyrone has so I can get a pair that will work with the others.
I bring a tool box, a full size spare, a couple IAC valves, small air compressor, brake fluid, oil, code scanner, etc.

Just any 2 way. They all can use the same first 14 channels (mine can only use the first 14, while others have the higher channels as well).
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 02:24 AM
i live close enough that if anyone needs anything i can get it from the house
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 02:33 AM

Hector, your 46 over makes sense, you had an AMG pushing your rear bumper, but I think you were doing more like 90 over though

Yeah I would have been all sorts of messed up if I would have been caught doing 90 over the limit.

That's awesome!

So, guess I'll just bring the essentials.. I mean, not too much can go wrong wiht a brand new car, right?

Oh Snap... it's a GM...
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 09:57 AM

That's awesome!

So, guess I'll just bring the essentials.. I mean, not too much can go wrong wiht a brand new car, right?

Oh Snap... it's a GM...

Hey we have an ion redline we will be bringing too so I hear ya LOL
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 11:23 AM

Oh Snap... it's a GM...

Its ok, If all goes well i will have a whole tool truck i can fall back on.

http://www.procarestores.com/ god bless Beta Tools.

Yes compelete with that ever sought after 15mm swivle socket for those last min. Alt. changes. :P

Ya. I'm lookin' & it's less than 1/2 inch away. Just freakin' turn around & you're at the counter ordering...??
Posted By: BMW650i Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 08:26 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

I am out of hibernation... LOL

Let me start by addressing some of the early questions and comments I missed last month, here we go.

Yes, I and many of the group members will be new to the Deal Gap drive.

I will have to take you up on the offer where photo ops can be had!

We German car owners use Zymol and Zaino.

-----------------------------------------------
Now, an update on my group...

We seemed to have attracted a group of 21 drivers (One Audi S6-modified) but I think he understands that he cannot join our group even though we can't keep him from the road.

We have mapped out our drive for the weekend and places to eat.

We have merchandise and a website for participating members of this run.

We will be known as the ' BMW Dragon Slayers '... How original, I know...

I guess that's all for now. I will check in later.

GMAN

Ooooh! We need shirts! Since this is turning out to be the largest fall dragon run ever!

I've done shirts for a couple of groups before... Think of design ideas. *cough cough* Hector
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 09:21 PM

Ooooh! We need shirts! Since this is turning out to be the largest fall dragon run ever!

I've done shirts for a couple of groups before... Think of design ideas. *cough cough* Hector

All this pressure!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 11:12 PM
BMW's of all types, Audi's, Tours, VW's, domestic German cars , etc, what a potpori we've got. BTW, everyone is welcome and I can't wait till we get our group shot, I wanna have it at the same place you guys used back in the summer run, Eric and Ross, hook it up, thanks

Chad, what kinda of tires you lookin' to put on that car

Zymol and Zaino J/K, can't wait to see all of these cars in person, what a weekend its going to be...AGAIN! BTW, who's my adopted college football team playing that weekend Eric?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/30/06 11:33 PM
BTW, we all need to sign "the wall" while we're there and while we're at it, look for the 2004 sig we made using Hectors touch up paint from his Contour
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 12:48 AM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must take practice runs

Ya. I'm lookin' & it's less than 1/2 inch away. Just freakin' turn around & you're at the counter ordering...??

Yeah... and?!

.. what I menat was.. it seems like a quick drive.. liek 5 minutes... if Ross is driving.

That's awesome!

Oh Snap... it's a GM...

Hey we have an ion redline we will be bringing too so I hear ya LOL

I love those cars..well.. I love them in a "i'd never drive a sturn" sort-a way.

I took one ofr a drive a long time ago.. very impressive car, nonetheless.

BFGoodrich G-Force T/A's 225/40/ZR18- Tire Rack has them onsale for 139.00/ ea.. about 40.00 cheaper than Belle Tire.

My current tires are pretty good, they are Eagle RS-A's, but they are more "all conditions".. not hard core asphalt.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 01:23 AM
I've never heard of the g-force T/A, but I've heard of the g-force sport and KDW2's, why not the later Chad and then use the stockers on some plain rims for the winter IMO the stock GTP wheels that you have are awesome, but those RS-A's aren't, well they are if you've got em' on an EVO that is I'm sure an upgraded tire will net you a MUCH better time on the Dragon, its the single most IMPORTANT THING ITEM ON YOUR CAR OUT THERE!!!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 01:33 AM
speaking of tires guys i have some and i need some cheap 17" wheels to go with them and so i can get them out of my kitchen before the wife kills me Hope these pics work. i took them with the camera phone
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 01:36 AM
ok so never mind i'll try that again later Anyways they are dunlop sp sport 9000 215/45/zr17
I believe that.

The G-Force T/A are the KDW-2, I just didn't list the last part.

I have no plans to change the wheels.. I honestly don't know of a better wheel that could lok good on this car.. perhaps the Grand Prix GXP wheels... but those bugger's are HEAVY.

I've got a set of stock GT wheels.. form my last G6.. but they have no tires on them and are 17's.. so my current goodyears won't fit on them.

Bah, time to look for some wheels if I go this route. Maybe some similar style wheels.. 1" larger and a black chrome finish.
Get the KDs. The W is for wet and driving fast in wet ain't good. KDs are awesome. KDWs are pretty good though

And trey, check out those Ford wheels at tirerack.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=wheels&Number=1265679&Forum=All_Forums&Words=627&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1265679&Search=true#Post1265679
W stands for wet..... Ididn't know that, lol.

..Hmm.. too bad the KW's aren't on sale..

Oh well, i supppose I should wait to see if I buy wheelks or not.. and what size they could be before I buy tires..
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 02:50 AM
Looks like I will have some 245-45-17 Nitto 555s on my car.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 03:46 AM
So Chad, your going to use your old wheels for the all seasons then

Hector, I can't wait for my turn at the wheel in the EVO, especially with those 555's
Well, if I get new tires.. may aswell get rims the size I want.. 19". Granted I find a 19 that I like that weighs the same or less than the heavy arse stockers.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 11:07 PM
Why not a light weight 18" in a slightly larger size
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 08/31/06 11:39 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must take practice runs

Doesn't suck to be you for sure, don't rub it in! If I lived that close I'd be out there about every other weekend and driving some "R" compound tires for sure
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 01:32 AM
No more stock "yellow" fogs.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 01:37 AM
Thats great Hector, now I'll be able to see better Thursday night on our way back to the cabin, thanks The fog gets really thick on the Cherahola Skyway at night time!

BTW, what did you end up putting in there

BTWx2: thanks for the back up on "power is nothing w/o control" in the dyno and drag post
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 01:39 AM
Hoen H11 xenonmatch bulbs......best part is they are the stock 55W.
Why not a light weight 18" in a slightly larger size

I'm confused.. slightly larger than 18" is 19"... my stock wheels are 18", Roger. Sadly, a good mix of 19" rims available for this platofrm weight LESS than these stockers. . Styling is an A+.. but engineering is a D.

The 19's will fill the wheel wells a wee bit more, I've got the suspension for it.. might as well use it, lol. Ofcoarse this is all speculative.. god knows if I'd even have the time to find them, get them, and mount them in just over a month.

BTWx2: thanks for the back up on "power is nothing w/o control" in the dyno and drag post

The control is often called the accelerator pedal. Drag racing is poopy anyways.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 10:45 PM

The control is often called the accelerator pedal. Drag racing is poopy anyways.

Let's see if you let off the gas pedal then you will go slower....tell me what's the point of having the power if you can't use it to it's full potential?
Not quite hector. If you're spinning and you modulate the throttle so you don't spin, you will go faster,,, though no, not as fast as you could if you just floored it.
There's no point. So modify your junk so you can use it if you want it.

Few cars, even drag cars can just go all out. They have rev limiters for launching and what not, otherwise they would do the same thing they do when they do a burnout. Good launching, chassis setup, and throttle control come into play with any vehicle with respectable power.
BMW's of all types, Audi's, Tours, VW's, domestic German cars , etc, what a potpori we've got. BTW, everyone is welcome and I can't wait till we get our group shot, I wanna have it at the same place you guys used back in the summer run, Eric and Ross, hook it up, thanks

Zymol and Zaino J/K, can't wait to see all of these cars in person, what a weekend its going to be...AGAIN! BTW, who's my adopted college football team playing that weekend Eric?

I don't follow losing teams, Roger. Actually, I have no idea whatsoever. As for a good pic spot, there are plenty. If all of these millions of cars show up, we'll probably wind up having to line 'em up at the lake; which would make for a great back-drop anyway. I can always climb up rock walls for arial shots.
Yeah the lake makes for good shots.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 11:27 PM
Thats the spot, let it be said so let it be done

Chad, sorry about the confusion, I mean't lareger size tires, not rims and as far as not having the time, well, just look them up, find the ones your want, give em' your CC number and address and have em' delivered, no problem I really like the stock rims, but if your lookin' to maximize perf, get those light weight rims!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/01/06 11:37 PM
Here you go Chad, I did the work for you

Price: $429 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Recommended Tire Size: 225/40-19
Wheel Offset: 35mm
Weight: 29.0 lbs.

Additional Specs

Bolt Pattern: 5-110
Finish Warranty: 1 YEAR
Country of Origin: ITALY
Construction Type: 2 PC CAST FACE FORGE

Additional Sizes for Your Vehicle
Select size for pricing and availability
18x8

18x8.5

About AT Italia

Click small images below to view larger.

Appearance may vary by size and application.

Home > Wheels > AT Italia > Propeller Super Polished
888-541-1777
Why The Tire Rack
â?¢ The Experts
â?¢ Installation
â?¢ Contact Info
Ordering Info
â?¢ Using this Site
â?¢ Catalog
â?¢ Returns/Refunds
Downloads
â?¢ Our Magazine Ad
â?¢ The Tire Rack Owner's Manual
More Info
â?¢ Newsletter Sign-up
â?¢ Privacy Pledge, Terms of Use
â?¢ Affiliate Program
© 2006 The Tire Rack

I know they're heavy@ 29 lbs, but you could go to the 18's, but either way, these are pretty sharp IMO
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/02/06 11:44 AM
Damn Roger making me read.
Eh I hit a driveway going 30mph last nite. They said they saw sparks. Hit, went up, came down, hit more. I guess it's ok. It drove home. Weight removal of extra metal off the subframe I guess.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/03/06 04:17 PM
I've got a spare oil pan.
I got my escort stuck at the sand dunes tonight.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/04/06 06:36 AM
Wow.....Kremit!

91 Escort GT (almost sold)

BUWHAHHAHHAA!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/04/06 07:39 PM
So......what's everyone doing?
Figuring out who gave Ross a drivers license..

Oh, Roger.. those wheels are ugly (no offense, I appreciate the info).

I've been tooling around the Nissan 350Z sites looking at wheels and pictures to see what styles look really good.. as my Coupe kinda looks like a 350z.

..Too bad it's not, though
91 Escort GT (almost sold)

BUWHAHHAHHAA!!

Well it was almost sold. Guy was supposed to come yesterday to buy it but didn't. So I had to of course put the car to good use. I was catching a little bit of air on this one dirt road and my lower tie bar was hitting all sorts of junk. It's an escort though, it keeps going and going.

Oo yeah, anyone want to buy it?
So......what's everyone doing?

Working on my dad's mid-'60s slot car. 40 years old and still the fastest at the local slot car track.
My god Eric are you ever gonna get a real RC car??-->Jammin?
Posted By: Nightwolf Re: Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th! - 09/05/06 11:14 AM
My god Eric are you ever gonna get a real RC car??-->Jammin?

I thought you said a REAL RC car not a toy Team X-ray for the win!
© CEG Archives