Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2slowtour FL CEG - 06/20/06 08:12 AM
WHERE THE FL CEG'S AT ANYONE WANNA MEET UP THIS WEEKEND SOMEWHERE AROUND ST AUGUSTINE, JAX EX SOMEWHERE AROUND THERE LET ME KNOW IM UP FOR IT

PHIL
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/20/06 01:47 PM
Won't be able to make it to jax, but let me know if you want to come down to central FL.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/20/06 04:06 PM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
Won't be able to make it to jax, but let me know if you want to come down to central FL.

+1

There are a few CERers in central FL, a few in and near Miami, and some others I can't think of right now. Randy did speak of a possible meet later on in the summer.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/21/06 04:35 AM
Originally posted by KerryKool:

+1

There are a few CERers in central FL, a few in and near Miami, and some others I can't think of right now. Randy did speak of a possible meet later on in the summer.

+.5, I will be down here (in the Tampa area) until July 6th.
Posted By: jthursby Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 12:48 AM
I'll meet up in Tampa or surrounding area.

Jim T.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 03:43 AM
Is there any place that could make a decent contour meet? I can't think of any other place than parking lots or bowling ally's.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 03:45 AM
Lets go to a track. There is one in bradenton. Robsvt-t frequents one in Orlando. I was planning on going there sometime soon.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 04:41 PM
Lets get some dates up for the meet. I'm pretty much available all summer as far as I know. I'm going to the beach July 6-10 and have a dentist appointment the 11th(this might change though.) Also I'm seeing Superman Returns on the preimer night(June 28th), but I think that is it.

When is everyone available? The track meet sounds like a good idea.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 07:01 PM
Superman, dinner and drinks sounds good to me.

I can do a track meet just about anytime other than July5th through 13th. Tuesdays and thursdays are my busiest days, but I usually have other days free. I get my schedule two weeks in advance, so lets throw out some weeks that work well for everybody.
Posted By: jthursby Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 08:23 PM
I'll arrange my schedule to fit, pick a date. I'll go to the track but no running for me.

Jim T
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 09:09 PM
Im down for a meet. Let me know where and Ill make time in advance to make it out there.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 10:45 PM
How soon could it be for everyone? I'm thinking next week or the week after. Pete D is down here until the 6th, if we can get the meet date before that, I think everyone could make it.

Randy, post a link to the tracks website, if they have one. If not, could you get a link for a mapquest location. I've never been there, so I don't know what to expect. Also, is it a track or a strip?

This may turn out to be a decent meet. Everyone should be invited, so if anyone has a friend who would like to join, feel free to bring him/her.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 11:09 PM
This weekend or next weekend is good, as is next week. I'm down for whatever, BBQ, track, even just going to hooters for some wings or somethin'.
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: FL CEG - 06/22/06 11:30 PM
I'm down for this weekend, I have friends coming up next weekend, so i'd be unavailable for that. Just give me an hours notice, i should be ok.

Robert
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/23/06 04:13 PM
A mutual friend of my girlfriend and mine is in town till next monday, and I am kinda busy with activities my girlfriend planned. Horseback riding sounds so gay! I am free the 28th, the 1st, the 2nd, and the 3rd. I am on vacation till the 13th after that.

Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/23/06 04:38 PM
brandenton drag strip

robsvt-t knows the orlando one.
Posted By: blakjak Re: FL CEG - 06/23/06 09:53 PM
i'll go as long as it's not the next two weekends and it's after 6pm as that's when i get off work. how bout friday or saturday nights? i'm outta town for the next two weekends so prolly something after that.

ps. my cars a pos primered one but hey, a meet's a meet
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/24/06 01:40 AM
The following people are up for a meet(or at least responded about a meet) and when they have plans:

KerryKool - busy June 28th and at beach July 7th-9th available anytime between or after
2slowtour - made thread but hasn't responded
jthursby - Anytime
svttour - Anytime
Pete D - available this weekend, next, or weekend after (did suggest hooters )
RobSVT-t - available this weekend, not the next
RandyCSVT - Free on 28th and 1st-3rd after that on vacation til the 13th
blakjak - busy next two weekends, available after 6PM

Looks like the week of July 2nd-8th is best. Maybe the Sunday(2nd) or Monday(3rd) are the best days, but not certain yet. What do you guys think?

Edit the list if you need to and repost it with adjustments.
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: FL CEG - 06/24/06 06:40 AM
I'll know more come sunday night and monday morning after i talk to my friend. I might be available the during the later part of the 4th of july weekend. I'll keep ya updated on my side. Laterz!

Robert
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/25/06 04:13 AM
I should clarify a bit, anytime between now and the 2nd is good (even a weekday or weeknight), but the 3rd I am going to the D-Rays, the 4th family is coming over and the 5th I am heading back to NY, but hey you can always have a meet without me.
Posted By: tigerbalm Re: FL CEG - 06/25/06 03:05 PM
I was down in ST. Augustine 2 weekends ago. I'm a little farther north in Augusta GA.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/25/06 04:14 PM
My birthday is the 1rst. and I am off from the first through the 4th.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/25/06 11:20 PM
I am completely free the first through the third. Going to a drag strip together on the first sounds like fun. Post if you want to do something any one of those days. We could always do more than one meet. There is still plenty of summer time left.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 05:10 AM
I am completely free the first through the third. Going to a drag strip together on the first sounds like fun. Post if you want to do something any one of those days. We could always do more than one meet. There is still plenty of summer time left.

Most definately. This meet was a quick un-planned one and was inbetween several schedules. We can always make another a planned meet later on in the summer.

Also Pete D is down here a little while longer and was tring to fit a date where he can join.

So is the 2nd good for everyone?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 06:03 AM
I would prefer the first, because I am sure the track is open on saturdays. I can call them tomorrow to see if they will open on Sunday though.

Other than going to a track my ideas include:

1. go kart racing (during the day) at Tampa Bay Grand Prix

2. go out to eat and get some drinks

3. Go to a movie. I missed go to see the ricers at theaters for opening day of F&F3, but it would still be fun to go laugh at all the wrong car stuff in the movie.

I really like the go karting idea. I have been to a place like tampa bay gp and it was lots of fun. Not your usual kiddie karts.
Posted By: jthursby Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 03:04 PM
What Randy said.

Jim T.

are we talking this weekend?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 05:10 PM
neither one of the tracks is open on sunday, but I am ok with go kart racing. Place your votes.

1. sunshine dragstrip in bradenton on saturday the first

or

2. tampabaygp in st.Petersburg on sunday the second

if you dont care, reply that you are available for both and the one with the most responses will happen.
Posted By: jthursby Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 06:56 PM

Jim T
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/26/06 06:57 PM
Either one is good for me. But if I had to choose, the grand prix would be much more fun. I'm just not sure how many guys would want to drive that far.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/27/06 02:17 AM
tampa bay gp is the closest REAL kart racing place that I know of. If anybody has any other ideas please feel free to add them.
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: FL CEG - 06/27/06 05:18 PM
Hey guys. I'm in Orlando for the summer and it would be fun to meet up with everyone. Im in the Atlemonte Springs area but am willing to drive. I could go for a track, I won't run the 'Tour unless I fix it's issues or if it decides to fix itsself again when were there. I've got good bit of stuff planned for the weekneds, so not gonna guarantee anything although I will say weekend beofre 4th July is out for sure, others I may be up for. So yea, I'll jsut keep checking and if the day works out for me then I will try to make it.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/27/06 06:47 PM
I'd prefer #1 only because it is on Saturday.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: FL CEG - 06/29/06 03:05 AM
im down for a meet on a saturday. i have saturdays off. i live in kissimmee near orlando. i just hop my girl doesnt nag me to death and try to put the guilt trip on me.
Posted By: blakjak Re: FL CEG - 06/29/06 03:39 AM
i'm prolly not gonna make it if it's on saturday. sunday afternoon would be cool though.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 06/29/06 04:58 AM
My girlfriend has hijacked saturday, so it is sunday for me. Post if you will be going to tampa bay grand prix and what time you would prefer to go.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/29/06 05:13 AM
I'm down with sunday. I got the PM Randy. I'm hoping this will turn out better than it looks on the forum i.e. only two showing up.

If this doesn't work out well, we're going to have to make another meet later on in the summer.
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: FL CEG - 06/29/06 03:49 PM
Sadly i wont be able to make a meet this weekend, i'll be in miami the whole time. Hopefully i can make the next one. Have fun all!

Robert
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 06/30/06 07:35 AM
What time Sunday?
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/30/06 05:26 PM
Well, I guess any time, but don't show up really early cause I might still be sleeping.

Try and be there around 1PM. I'm not sure how long we are going to stay, but you can still show up after awhile.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 06/30/06 11:49 PM
Who's planning on being there?

As far as I know, Randy and I are going. Hopefully a few more can make it.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: FL CEG - 07/01/06 04:29 AM
i was just told that i have to work tommorow so im not off till next thursday and friday this sucks. but i dont mind the overtime. $$$$$$$
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 07/01/06 08:45 PM
KerryKool and I are going to meet in the USF parking lot off of Magnolia and Alumni Drive around 12:30-1:00pm. Post here if you are going, and if you are going to meet us in the parking lot or at tampa bay gp around 2pm.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: FL CEG - 07/02/06 08:32 AM
I'm gonna try and make it, had some bad Chinese food tonight so I will have to see how I feel when I wake up.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 07/02/06 03:33 PM
Randy and I mutually agreed to cancel the meet and replan it later on. He had a friend from the navy come by and I had a cook out to go to. So after everyone has their vacations, we'll make a meet where everyone can make it.

Maybe right before school starts.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: FL CEG - 07/05/06 09:45 PM
hey guys! this friday, me and a good amount of cars are going to go to moroso this friday night... its going to be over 10 cars... i say we have a meet there..... maybe meet up on the way or something... message me if ur interested....
Posted By: gulfcat Re: FL CEG - 07/07/06 08:48 PM
Would you be interested in New Edge Cougar Owners meeting with you in the future? & would you like for FL NECO meets (held infrequently, admittedly) to be posted here?

We tried one joint meet quite a while ago at a dragstrip, but it rained that day & I didn't see that anyone went from any group...
Posted By: KerryKool Re: FL CEG - 07/10/06 01:56 AM
Originally posted by gulfcat:
Would you be interested in New Edge Cougar Owners meeting with you in the future? & would you like for FL NECO meets (held infrequently, admittedly) to be posted here?

We tried one joint meet quite a while ago at a dragstrip, but it rained that day & I didn't see that anyone went from any group...

I remember one awhile ago that was for probes and cougars but it fell through when the guy hosting it had a family emergency.

I'd be interested, post up info when there is another meet.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: FL CEG - 07/14/06 04:55 AM
I just got back from RI. I am up for a meet anytime.
© CEG Archives