Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TourDeForce Buggin' out! - 10/19/05 04:09 PM
Got my reservations up the coast so I can escape the hurricane on Saturday. If it will not be a very strong storm when it hits the West Palm Beach area, I'll cancel reservations & stay put.

Hurricanes suck.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Buggin' out! - 10/19/05 05:04 PM
Be careful bro!!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 10/19/05 05:05 PM
We were worried 'bout your family when Katrina came ashore. I saw your posts a few days later & was quite relieved.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 10/19/05 05:57 PM
Just filled up. Only Premium or Diesel left now...
Posted By: SAV Re: Buggin' out! - 10/19/05 07:03 PM
Good luck with everything Jim.

My assistance is open to you if you happen to be heading into the GA area. My section of the coast is rarely affected by hurricanes due to the fact that Savannah is in one of the deepest pockets of the "armpit" made by the FL/GA/SC coastline.

If you need anything or happen to be heading this way, just holler for me and I'll provide what I can.

-SAV
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 10/20/05 02:58 PM
Thanks man! Got a crib for the whole family in the Space Center area near Titusville. Gonna get excitin' in a few days!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Buggin' out! - 10/22/05 08:02 PM
It sucks that you guys have to leave because of all those damn hurricanes, but you do what you gotta do, please be safe out there
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: Buggin' out! - 10/23/05 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Thanks man! Got a crib for the whole family in the Space Center area near Titusville. Gonna get excitin' in a few days!

hey man, take care on that side of the state. I have to stay put and work 12 on 12 off. I sent my wife packing up to Tampa.
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Buggin' out! - 10/26/05 02:09 AM
How did you fare, Tour & carrot?

I'm from Sanibel (off the coast of Fort Myers) and still staying with a friend (who has a generator)in Bonita Springs because we have no power, but we didn't suffer any real damage to the house. Where I work on Sanibel is already back to normal - power & all.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 10/27/05 01:58 PM
Originally posted by gulfcat:
How did you fare, Tour & carrot?

I'm from Sanibel (off the coast of Fort Myers) and still staying with a friend (who has a generator)in Bonita Springs because we have no power, but we didn't suffer any real damage to the house. Where I work on Sanibel is already back to normal - power & all.

Just got electricity & network back up at work. No power at home until mid-November. Must go shopping for a generator....

House fared well. Lost gutters & a big sign from a shopping center up the road smashed into the side of my car!!! *^$%$()^%)) !!

The eye went over my home & the family went outside with all the neighbors to assess damage from the 1st 1/2 of the storm. Debris everywhere, but no significant damage at that point. The second part of the storm was the worst as everything that was shook up from winds out of the south was then slammed back as the winds came out of the north. Chiz went flyin' everywhere.

My new roof seems to have held up well. I've got to get up on the house to check it out tonight, but all the architectural shingles are in place. My moms house with new roofing did well too. She lost some trees & such, but overall not bad.

My neighbors did not fare so well. They didn't batten down properly & my next door neighbor lost all of his fencing, playground for his daughter, a few windows. Lady across the street had a tree fall down onto her house & smash her florida room, gazebo, & the tree house she had built for her children. Lots of roof damage everywhere for most of the neighbors too.

By the way, cold showers every day suck.

Thank God for my grill. I at least get hot meals.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Buggin' out! - 10/28/05 01:37 AM
Glad to hear it that everyone made it out safely!! Hate to hear that about the car, but it could've been worse.

Grills are nice during a time like this...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Buggin' out! - 10/28/05 04:22 AM
Originally posted by unisys12:
Glad to hear it that everyone made it out safely!! Hate to hear that about the car, but it could've been worse.

Grills are nice during a time like this...

Yeah......I can't even imagine going through a storm like that!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 10/28/05 01:05 PM
I took a short vid during the 2nd 1/2 of the storm & will post that if somebody will tell me where I can get it hosted.

Still no generator, and I'm one of about 500,000 in Palm Beach County without power. FPL estimates power restoration in my area by November 22nd. Can't even find an 7500 watt generator on line.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Buggin' out! - 10/28/05 10:26 PM
I took a short vid during the 2nd 1/2 of the storm & will post that if somebody will tell me where I can get it hosted.

Still no generator, and I'm one of about 500,000 in Palm Beach County without power. FPL estimates power restoration in my area by November 22nd. Can't even find an 7500 watt generator on line.

www.putfile.com
Posted By: contourchic Re: Buggin' out! - 10/29/05 04:52 AM
Hey sorry to hear about the bad luck. The wrath of a storm is unbearable. Im glad we dont have that many storms up north. Im glad that everything fared well, especially you and your wife. Take care, and good luck with finding a generator and straightening things out.
Amanda
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: Buggin' out! - 11/03/05 10:22 PM
hey there tourdeforce......didnt mean to jump in your thread, but i may be headin down there in jan for the cavalino classic (ferarri show). if so, maybe there will be a meet goin on.
Posted By: gulfcat Re: Buggin' out! - 11/10/05 06:07 AM
Hope all goes well, and your power's back on early.

Yeah, cold showers are awful! At least my friend's housemate is an electrician, and after 2 days of cold water came home and rewired the circuit panel so the water heater had power (we just couldn't open the fridge or watch TV!).
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Buggin' out! - 11/14/05 01:56 AM

WHAT!!!! I'm in Lake Worth! I had power back only 6 days after the storm, bro!! We were a beacon of light in the area of darkness south of you!

But you're still lucky. You're not on Lake Worth Utilities.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Buggin' out! - 11/14/05 04:18 AM
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

WHAT!!!! I'm in Lake Worth! I had power back only 6 days after the storm, bro!! We were a beacon of light in the area of darkness south of you!

But you're still lucky. You're not on Lake Worth Utilities.

Amen to that!

I did get my power back after about 8 days also, but they kept taking it down every once in a while because some of my neighbors had problems at the poles that needed fixing. Next door had to have a whole new drop installed because the lines at/near the pole MELTED for some reason. I don't know why....

Got a two year old 5500 watt generator from my brother for free. All it needs is a rectifier. Keeps blowin' for some reason. I'm gonna tear it down over the winter & clean/rebuild the whole generator unit to try & solve the problem.
© CEG Archives