Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DCTooTall Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 07:50 PM
Heh... ya know, I've always liked the CSVT's ability to draw people's attention, yet be subtle enough that most people don't quite realize there is something special about it...

However, I never quite expected to find a note under my wiperblade from another CSVT owner telling me to come to this site. lol. Well.. since i got the official invite, Here i am....as more then just the lurker scanning the ads while trying to locate his future CSVT this time.

So, lemme Introduce myself...
My Name is Daryl.. currently living in Hendersonville, NC (asheville area)... One time owner of a Red '98 E0 SVT, until roommate wrecked it on me... and proud current owner of a '99 Red w/ Tan interior contour SVT.

Feel free to drop me a line sometime.

Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 07:54 PM
Welcome to CEG
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 08:33 PM
Red/tan 99's rule! Welcome to the CEG!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 08:42 PM
welcome brother, you should have come to nopi nats this past weekend it was amazing
Posted By: OB1 Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 09:46 PM
Originally posted by JCSVT:

Yes they do!
Posted By: TjZ Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 10:09 PM
Originally posted by OB1:

Yes they do!

YEP THEY DO!

Another NC CEG'r welcome dude. Maybe we could have an offical meet and get people to come.. naw that just isnt our style.
Posted By: BlackSVT98 Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/19/05 10:12 PM
Hey there, I suppose I would be the giver of that invite. Glad to see you came. Saw your car in the parking lot and figured I'd leave a little note...don't see too many SVTs, especially in Hendo...nice to find another one. Drop me a line sometime.
--Michael
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 02:04 AM
Welcome. See the stickied thread about the tail of the dragon meet. It's pretty close to you and is almost the most fun you can have in a car.
Posted By: DCTooTall Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 02:59 AM
I think i've seen a silver around town... but ya, don't see them that often. one reason i love the car. it's nice to have something that doesn't look the same as every other car on the street, yet still have that beauty and simplicity that comes with owning a car that is still stock. Very seldom do you find that for under $100k......or in this area, more. lol If you wanna drop me a line, mty primary email is the same as my sn @yahoo.

You'll see me in that lot a bunch. i'm actually on the geek squad at the new best buy.

as for the rest of you.... thanks. as i mentioned, been here before many a time, just didn't hit the forums much. This was one of the sites i've frequented while trying to locate a good CSVT to purchase.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Welcome. See the stickied thread about the tail of the dragon meet. It's pretty close to you and is almost the most fun you can have in a car.

i kuld thnk of a few things
Posted By: DCTooTall Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
welcome brother, you should have come to nopi nats this past weekend it was amazing

Unfortunately had to work...LOL, and it was while waiting for a buddy sat night to head over to the bar that i noticed thw invite.

Depending on timing and $$$, i might think about hitting dragons tail though.
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 03:15 AM
Welcome Dc. You made Logan's Day
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 03:41 AM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

i kuld thnk of a few things

yeah ALMOST
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 04:56 AM
Welcome aboard and come out to the Dragon Run this year
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 06:06 AM
Originally posted by LoganB:
Originally posted by OB1:

Yes they do!

YEP THEY DO!

Another NC CEG'r welcome dude. Maybe we could have an offical meet and get people to come.. naw that just isnt our style.

Yes they do welcome to CEG my friend. Hope to meet up with you at next years SZ.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/20/05 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DCTooTall:

MIGHT!!???

The Tail of the Dragon is too good to miss. If you've never been there it is the best seat time you'll ever spend in your car outside of a full open road course. 11 miles, 318 turns, no intersecting roads, no driveways, beautiful scenery & relatively few bikes that time of year. Makes for great photo shoots too, so I'm bringing my 35mm Pentax SLR, BONUS!
Posted By: DCTooTall Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/21/05 09:00 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

MIGHT!!???

The Tail of the Dragon is too good to miss. If you've never been there it is the best seat time you'll ever spend in your car outside of a full open road course. 11 miles, 318 turns, no intersecting roads, no driveways, beautiful scenery & relatively few bikes that time of year. Makes for great photo shoots too, so I'm bringing my 35mm Pentax SLR, BONUS!

Damn... Sounds SSSSSssooooooo tempting... Unfortunately don't think i can afford to have my brakes checked, possibly tires.the place t o stay, and the time off work, with less then a month's heads up.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/21/05 11:29 PM

MIGHT!!???

Damn... Sounds SSSSSssooooooo tempting... Unfortunately don't think i can afford to have my brakes checked, possibly tires.the place t o stay, and the time off work, with less then a month's heads up.

Your very smart as your brakes/tires MUST be top notch, there no getting around this Don't worry as we do this every year, so you'll have a year to get yourself some new rotors, pads, SS lines and new fluid. Your also going to want to get those new tires as close to the next Dragon Run as possible to promote "confidence" There will be a HUGE photo layout over in pics and video soon after, so you'll feel like you were there...nah, thats impossible as your can't get any G's here on the computer
Posted By: DCTooTall Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 09/23/05 08:24 PM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:

MIGHT!!???

Your very smart as your brakes/tires MUST be top notch, there no getting around this Don't worry as we do this every year, so you'll have a year to get yourself some new rotors, pads, SS lines and new fluid. Your also going to want to get those new tires as close to the next Dragon Run as possible to promote "confidence" There will be a HUGE photo layout over in pics and video soon after, so you'll feel like you were there...nah, thats impossible as your can't get any G's here on the computer

Hmmmmmm.... considering it's only a coupla hours away though... i may decide to make a day-trip just to check the place out...just won't push my car through those turns. lol

Posted By: BiggityBon Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 10/04/05 09:41 PM
welcome to the club!! i think you're the next closest member to me, besides nightwolf (brad) who doesn't get on here much these days. i think i might be the only one in this area with a green csvt although she's not the prettiest!
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 10/04/05 11:37 PM
she's still a svt tho
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: Gotta love the SVT... - 10/05/05 12:05 AM
ok, let's all put a shout out for our cars!!!! THEY'RE HOT!!!! lol
© CEG Archives