Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 08/16/05 11:33 PM
So, the usual end of summer races are coming up at Road Atlanta: AMA Suzuki Showdown (or whatever it's called THIS year...) and Petit Le Mans. Anyone making plans to go?

I'm pretty sure I'll be at both with some friends and family in-tow. I'm dying to see the Porsche LMP debut!!

--JamesT
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 08/17/05 08:36 PM
I'm going to Petit LeMans. I will probably be traveling with the local Corvette group as they usually get a large corral which is good for hanging out. I'll have to find my own parking space though.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 08/18/05 07:01 PM
Will be at Petit from Wednesday morning, turn 6, RV spot #12; look for the orange dailysportscar.com canopy. Would love to meet you guys.
Posted By: Blk560_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 08/21/05 05:06 AM
Aye. PLM as well. Fri-Sat (driving up Thurs). That's if a hurricane doesn't come along like last year. I'll have to split me time between Matt's turn 6 pad and some folks at turn 9.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 09/21/05 01:00 PM
bump
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 09/27/05 03:41 AM
Still planning on being there. So, be expecting a call =D.

Anyone else attending?

--JamesT
Posted By: Blk560_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 09/27/05 12:00 PM
Originally posted by chemguru:
Still planning on being there. So, be expecting a call =D.

Anyone else attending?

--JamesT

Should be there sometime Thursday afternoon. BMR, should I be looking for your DSC pop-up?

My 'hosts' are staying over near turn 9/10 area, so the bike will certainly come in handy --
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 09/27/05 03:04 PM
You guys have fun w/o me. I know it will be tough. Matt save some stew for me. Send via Fed Ex.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 10/03/05 04:24 PM
Yeah man we missed you this year---and with 6lbs of sausage the 'stew' was mighty tasty this time. Ya'll will have to make plans to come down in '06; lots of new cars in the works for next season and the new camping spot we're in is fantastic.

chemguru: good to finally meet you! sorry we didn't have time to BS some more.
Posted By: blake_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 10/03/05 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Yeah man we missed you this year---and with 6lbs of sausage the 'stew' was mighty tasty this time. Ya'll will have to make plans to come down in '06; lots of new cars in the works for next season and the new camping spot we're in is fantastic.

w3rd. much smaller CEG contingent this year - no todras, no JVT, no simon, no bill p....but still a few stalwarts made the trek.

very enjoyable weekend - and BMR's right; the new RV spot from this year was superb. TV shots from turn 6 pointed back up the hill to 5 occasionally may have shown that bright orange beacon of DSC advertising that marks our spot each year....looking forward to next year. might even make sebring in the spring this time, but that's a big question mark....
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: Upcoming Road Atlanta events - 10/03/05 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

You as well! It was nice meeting the rest of the folks there. We headed back home around 6 to watch the rest from the couch.

Can't wait for next year... Porsche better have that LMP bug -free by then, damnit...

--JamesT
© CEG Archives