Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ryanblacksvt atlanta csvt meet - 05/16/05 03:07 PM
ok guys its about time we had a atlanta and surrounding area meet so we can all meet and hang out, i have met verry few of you and wanna hang and meet you all and cruise....who all is in...hellcat,jcsvt,svtatgt???who else...i say this saturday we should all meet.saturday is supposed to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy but no rain....who all is in guys,,,,
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/16/05 05:25 PM
saturday morning is good with me
Posted By: OB1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/16/05 05:44 PM
I'd love to come but I've got to work, and I dont want to drive my car that far in 4th gear. I might also get stuck somewhere, since I don't have reverse, and have to get you guys to help me push.
Overlook me guys i'm just a little bitter.I'm gonna cry myself to sleep now
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/16/05 11:28 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 01:26 PM
ok thats 3 soo far...awsome,,,what time and where at guys???
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 04:58 PM
Sup everyone. Im new to the CEG boards, but have been a member of neco for almost three years now. My name is George and some of you all have probably seen my car around Atlanta or possibly Import Showdown this past April in Reynolds. Id love to come to an CSVT meet if Cougars are allowed ;-)

We also are having a mod meet on the 11th and would love to have some CSVTs join Cougar Owners of Georgia

Heres my car Clicky
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 05:23 PM
hells yeah dude that thing is friggin sweeeeeeeeeet. yes come to the meet brother,,,,you guys wanna make it same place as last time,,,,varsity on north ave at lets say 12:00noon......
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
hells yeah dude that thing is friggin sweeeeeeeeeet. yes come to the meet brother,,,,you guys wanna make it same place as last time,,,,varsity on north ave at lets say 12:00noon......

thanks man! I just re read the thread, and noticed... is the meet this Saturday? I wouldnt be able to make it , unless it was in my daily driver (Taurus ) lol...shes a 3L though!

Any of you all going to Hot Import Nights next Saturday?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 05:44 PM
yeah come in the taurus anyways man,,,hang with us and yes i will be there next weekend,,,shluld be alota fun but i am not driving cause i am gonna be doing alot of drinking....
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 05:52 PM
Sweet, Ill definatly try to stop by.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 06:59 PM
cool brother see ya saturday
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:07 PM
Dammit. I'm gonna be in Texas Wed thru Sunday, so count me out. I guess I'm destined not to make any meets.

The CSVT is out of commission anyways since it decided to eat a front caliper. I've never seen a caliper wear one pad completely down to the metal and the other pad not wear at all. Anyone else had that happen?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:11 PM
no never, seems that your piston in it isnt adjusted right maybe you just need 1 new caliper.
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:16 PM
I ordered one yesterday and should be here tomorrow. In the meantime I'm running around in the gas hog (Mustang). Hope the meet goes well. Maybe I'll make it to the next one....
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:22 PM
yes if this one goes well we should start doing this more often
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:54 PM
wuld love to come but works doesnt permit....let me kno in advance and ill be able to ask off nex time...sry yall....
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 07:57 PM
thats cool man,,,i will be seeing you there in macon before the next one though probly man
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:01 PM
you wanna just push it back a week so more people can come
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:08 PM
thats up to you all. i am cool with that,,,,lets say it was on saturday the 4th of june who all could make it

1-ryanblacksvt
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:39 PM
June 4th is my birthday, so it won't work for me
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:50 PM
ok well you all post when you all wanna meet and then we can decide from there!
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:52 PM
this saturday works for me but not anyone else. The saturday after that works for me as well (May 28th). Hows that for everyone
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 08:57 PM
Next Saturday sounds good to me.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 09:18 PM
i may be able to make it if its early enough but i have hot import nights that day
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/17/05 10:35 PM
I should be able to make it if the meet is on the 28th or 4th. No plans for either weekend that I can recall.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 12:48 AM
4th of june would work for me... 28th wouldnt...11th of june im outta town ...june 21st could work also...i also need to kno soon so i kan ask off....
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 01:12 PM
What's up everybody? I don't post much anymore, but I would still love to get together and check out some other Contours. I can probably swing any of the next 3 Saturdays for a quick lunchtime run to the greasy V.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 01:25 PM
cool sounds great lets make it the 4th then....copy and paste if you are going on the 4th

1-ryan
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 01:26 PM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-

I'm pretty sure I can make this date too.
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 03:18 PM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-
5-
6-
7-
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 03:28 PM
cool 3 soo far, and hey i may have a few svt focus friends come alone and the owner of hypnotic illusions, he will bring flashers and chips in case anyone wants to buy one,,,you can drive my car to see what a differance it makes then make up your mind. either way it will be good times
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 03:48 PM
ryan, the guy never got back to me about flashing my computer.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/18/05 03:57 PM
i will have him call you today. i will shoot him a pm right now
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 12:41 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-
6-
7-
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 12:58 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
6-
7-
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 01:04 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
6-Contourracing20 (Road Trip)
7-
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 03:29 AM
Yeah, ya'll wait till I'm working all the time to have a decent meet. I see how it is.
Posted By: SAV Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 06:32 AM
Your car sucked anyway.

-Chris
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 11:51 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
7-Nemesis950psi (ill be there with my car)
8-
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 12:54 PM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
8-Matt2kSVT
9-
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 01:39 PM
hells yeah thats what i am talking about....lets get this done right guys...i will be bringing a few digital cameras to take good shots and group shots guys
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Matt2kSVT:
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
8-Matt2kSVT
9-svtatgt

If we are doing it downtown I can stop by for a little bit
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 02:34 PM
yes we are...is like 12:00 noon good for everyone???
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 03:09 PM
ummm what day is this? i need to know for work ...btw today is my birthday..... 21
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 03:12 PM
Originally posted by SAV:
Your car sucked anyway.

-Chris

Like your mom.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:08 PM
12 noon on June 4th sounds good
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:14 PM
Where are we meeting?

Oh! If you all need a photographer, I do freelance work on the side with digital photography.

Clicky!
Heres an example of some shots I worked

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:24 PM
happy b-day man 21 is a great age, i remember those days...and yes the 4th is on a saturday. and yes nemisis bring your camera, that would be highly appreciated. there will be all our csvts there your cougar, & few svt focus's
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:35 PM
happy b-day man 21 is a great age, i remember those days...and yes the 4th is on a saturday. and yes nemisis bring your camera, that would be highly appreciated. there will be all our csvts there your cougar, & few svt focus's

well not a csvt but a zetec contour
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:38 PM
its all good its still a tour.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis950psi:
Where are we meeting?

Oh! If you all need a photographer, I do freelance work on the side with digital photography.

Clicky!

Those pictures are hot. I love the ones on the 17th st bridge.

We are meeting at the vasity right ryan
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 05:06 PM
yes the varsity on 10th st in atlanta,ga on june 4th at 12:00 noon
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 06:42 PM
its on north ave, not 10th
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 07:00 PM
i did it again didnt i. i do that everytime i have no clue why i get those mixed up all the damn time
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 07:05 PM
lol, its all good
Posted By: SoopaCooga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 09:15 PM
I haven't stopped by in awhile, so it'll be good to get reacquainted w/ you guys. I should have my new exhaust on and be tinted by then.

BTW, if you like good beer for not much dough, stop by the Atlanta Brewing Company (ABC) on Friday's between 5PM and 9PM. $5 = 3 beers and you keep the glass! They are at 14th & Williams.

1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
8-Matt2kSVT
9-svtatgt
10-SoopaCooga

Originally posted by Nemesis950psi:

Clicky!

Great shots! You use a tripod to get that? I'm still trying to upgrade my techniques from SLR to digital. :\

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 09:25 PM
hells yeah 10 people already this keeps getting better and better. and i forget if i posted this already, i will have a buddy of mine there that ownes hypnotic illusions automotive and he is an authorized sct dealer if anyone has been thinking about a chip or a flasher.....just something to think about and if not it surely will be a nice day hanging with you all and seeing some nice rides
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/19/05 11:28 PM
hells yeah 10 people already this keeps getting better and better. and i forget if i posted this already, i will have a buddy of mine there that ownes hypnotic illusions automotive and he is an authorized sct dealer if anyone has been thinking about a chip or a flasher.....just something to think about and if not it surely will be a nice day hanging with you all and seeing some nice rides

good i'll finally be able to meet him....lol
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/20/05 12:53 AM
Hmmm...looks like I have some work to do.
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/20/05 03:39 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
8-svtatgt
9-SoopaCooga

Well crap, shoulda checked with my social coordinator first, I can't make it. At least I reorganized the list.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/20/05 02:33 PM
well that sucks matt, we gotta meet up another time then. pretty much known you for like years and never met ya. oh a my friend jerry at kb toys said he talked to ya the other day...he has a pretty pimp svt focus
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/21/05 04:28 AM
ordered my magnaflow resonator today so i shuld have it on by the 4th....
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/22/05 12:13 AM
1-ryan
2-JCSVT
3-91Hellcat
4-csvtjohnga
5-LoganB (Road Trip)
8-svtatgt
9-SoopaCooga
10-chemguru

I'd like to tag along, if you'll have me. I know I'm not as vocal on this board as I should be, but... I'm still a CEGer damnit. =]

--JamesT
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/22/05 03:14 AM
well that sucks matt, we gotta meet up another time then. pretty much known you for like years and never met ya. oh a my friend jerry at kb toys said he talked to ya the other day...he has a pretty pimp svt focus

Hmm, you might be thinking of the Matt from Jason Burg's forum? I haven't been on there in a long time.

At any rate, hope this meet works out great and I'll catch the next one.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/23/05 02:17 PM
yes chemguru come alone, you are always welcome man.,.. and no matt i know who you are talking about thats matt now with a rsx type s i know all those guys and post there regularly. you are in svtoa arent you?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 01:19 AM
Is this list still for a meet on the 4th of June?

I might be able to make it. I have to change out a motor mount and get the car re-aligned, but this could work out. I need about 10-12 days out to plan for a trip.

This is all contingent if you guys want me to drag the first Turbo 3L all the way up there that is.....
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 07:09 AM
as far as im concerned ill be ther in atl at the varsity at 1200 june 4th...
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 01:17 PM
So what all are we looking at doing at the meet ?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 01:26 PM
hells yeah bring that turbo 3l here man i would die to see that, and yeah we will plan to meet at the varsity and have lunch and see what we can do from there, whatever yall want. maybe a little commerce drag strip or a cruise or whatever
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 04:49 PM
hells yeah bring that turbo 3l here man i would die to see that, and yeah we will plan to meet at the varsity and have lunch and see what we can do from there, whatever yall want. maybe a little commerce drag strip or a cruise or whatever

Id be out on the drag strip Im waiting to get a set of stock 15s and drag radials before I head back, but a Cruise would rock! We could possibly head up to the Gwinett Area? There's lots of things to do up there.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/24/05 04:59 PM
yes i wouldnt run either, i am not racing till i do a lsd and a clutch pressure plate and flywheel. i have done alot of racing on the track and dont wanna push it ya know. but yes i am right outside gwinnett so yeah there is tons to do. mini golf,go cart,everything
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/25/05 11:36 AM
It looks like I will have to bring the Stang since the CSVT will be in SC getting both bumpers repaired/repainted. Hope nobody minds a loud obnoxious Mustang being at the meet.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/25/05 01:18 PM
yeah thats cool even though we wanted to see the csvt man. but i guess we will live,
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/25/05 02:46 PM
yeah thats cool even though we wanted to see the csvt man. but i guess we will live,

There's nothing to see really being that it's mostly stock.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/25/05 06:12 PM
Yea, but most people on here don't remember what a stock contour looks like...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/25/05 06:23 PM
its still a csvt and the more the better, stock or not ya know man
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 12:05 AM

Well I fixed the alignment issue today and hooked the intercooler back up, so the car is roadworthy again. I took it out for a ride tonight so I could blast the stereo and nail it through the gears. That's all I can say is

I'll put in a pass request for Atlanta but I'll need an approximate street address.
Also, how long is the meet going to be?
Will we be able to hit a real track for those of us who can/will make some runs?
Approximate costs of these planned events?
Will we be doing it late and will I need to plan on spending the night at a hotel?

Otherwise, I'll see you guys on the 4th somewhere in Atlanta in the morning...I'll be coming in on the I85 freeway from the southwest.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 12:46 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Well I fixed the alignment issue today and hooked the intercooler back up, so the car is roadworthy again. I took it out for a ride tonight so I could blast the stereo and nail it through the gears. That's all I can say is

I'll put in a pass request for Atlanta but I'll need an approximate street address.
Also, how long is the meet going to be?
Will we be able to hit a real track for those of us who can/will make some runs?
Approximate costs of these planned events?
Will we be doing it late and will I need to plan on spending the night at a hotel?

Otherwise, I'll see you guys on the 4th somewhere in Atlanta in the morning...I'll be coming in on the I85 freeway from the southwest.

i thnk i might splurge if i see a 3.0 turbo...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 02:17 PM
well all thats planned soo far is to meet at the varsity,i will find out prior about commerce dragway to see if anyone wants to run the times and prices for them, other than that i figured we could go and hit plesant hill up maybe some mini gold or even jimmy carter and get some go cart races down or something. i always say plan it when you get to the meet to get everyones opinions on what they wanna do ya know.
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 02:38 PM
well all thats planned soo far is to meet at the varsity,i will find out prior about commerce dragway to see if anyone wants to run the times and prices for them, other than that i figured we could go and hit plesant hill up maybe some mini gold or even jimmy carter and get some go cart races down or something. i always say plan it when you get to the meet to get everyones opinions on what they wanna do ya know.

If the meet runs into the evening we should head to the 17th street bridge for pics. OH, and theres a huge parking garage with absolutely no cars in it where we can park and do whatever.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 02:55 PM
sounds 100% cool to me man. anywhere with good scenes for good pics man
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 07:56 PM
got a question...my cousin might come...i kno we're tryin to keep this a csvt meet but hes got a nice mustang and was wonderin if that'd be kool with u guyz if he came?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/26/05 08:04 PM
thats 100% cool with me, there will be a few cougars there and a few svt focus's there as well. bring em down brother
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 01:00 PM
and no matt i know who you are talking about thats matt now with a rsx type s i know all those guys and post there regularly. you are in svtoa arent you?

Yes, I was doing the SVTOA thing for a while, but then my twin boys came, so there has not been much time for car stuff.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 01:09 PM
yeah i know that feeling man, but hey you can hang with us man
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 02:09 PM
I am coming down from Raleigh, NC... And I am wondering anyone have room for me to stay? or should I go hunt down a room? Also my car may not be in the best of shape but it should be there *hopes he gets back from the shop asap*
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 03:33 PM
cool hells yeah man awsome......you are bringint the svt right????? so lets do the list again

1-ryan
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 03:47 PM
1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Its my birthday so I will only be able to stay for a couple hours at the varsity
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 03:50 PM
cool man maybe you will get a b-day suprise that day? free lunch on me hows that brother
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 03:52 PM
1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 05:16 PM
cool man maybe you will get a b-day suprise that day? free lunch on me hows that brother

Thanks man.

The big 2-0. Woooohooooo
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 05:29 PM
cool man i remember those days....seems soo long ago
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 05:42 PM
1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
4-contourracingchris(road trip)
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 06:21 PM
and hey guys if yall have any questions about the meet or sudgestions e-mail my phone at 7703639990@mms.mycingular.com and i will reply since i am not online on the weekends. cause if you call i dont awnser numbers that i dont know cause i get about 50 wrong calls a day
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 06:56 PM
1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
4-contourracingchris(road trip)
5-chemguru
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/27/05 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Matt2kSVT:
and no matt i know who you are talking about thats matt now with a rsx type s i know all those guys and post there regularly. you are in svtoa arent you?

Yes, I was doing the SVTOA thing for a while, but then my twin boys came, so there has not been much time for car stuff.

Not to drag this multiple Matts thing out any longer, but there is another Matt in the SVTOA with a red SVTC. What are the odds?

Ok, y'all get back to planning that meet I can't go to.
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/28/05 12:08 AM
Sry, Ryan I will not be brining the SVT.. tis my dads. Finally if my car is with out a front bumper or fender... It is still getting some work done. People who run red lights suck

1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
4-contourracingchris (road trip)
5-chemguru
6-LoganB (Road Trip)
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/28/05 12:39 PM

Well, give me a zip code or something because I have to print out a mapquest of it and turn it in on Monday.
Never mind, I printed the basics. I'll just need directions to whereever we are going to do the meet.
Apparently it is 200 miles from me to atlanta, so about a 3 hour drive.

Don't worry about the drag strip right now. I'm going to have to do some more tweaking to the alignment and I won't have time to perfect everything before the meet. Therefore I don't want to take it to the track until after.
Besides, I already know what it can do right now, I want to go into my stage two project before I start hitting the track again.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/28/05 12:41 PM
Quote:

1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
5-chemguru
6-LoganB (Road Trip)
7-warmonger(90% sure)
8-
9-
10-

Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/29/05 05:48 PM
Here is the directions to the varsity:

Coming from the north.
Get to 75/85 (either by taking 75, 85, or 400)
About a mile after 75 dumps into 85 take the north avenue exit
You will come up to a stop light right next to some Georgia Tech dorms, take a left (you can see the varsity from there) and its on your left

Coming from the south
Get to 75/85 (again either by 75, 85, or by I-20)
Take the Spring street exit, it will bring you up to a stoplight.
Go straight at the light, and take a left at the next light onto west peachtree (one way street going north)
Take a left on the next light onto North ave.
Varsity will be on your right in 1 block.

Its at the corner of North ave and Spring St, Spring st is a one way street going south. North ave is essentially 0 st, i.e. 10th street is 10 blocks north.

I think the zip code there is 30313. Thats what mine is and I am 4 blocks away, but you never know...
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/30/05 02:17 AM
Thanks for the directions!

I'll print them out and plan on exchanging phone numbers with someone right before the weekend so I can call when I get close.
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 01:10 PM
w00t! Weather is looking up for the weekend. Rain is only a 30 percent chance now. Any new updates on what we'll be doing? Should I plan on bein out all day and for most of the night?

I say maybe we should get a group and head over to Barett Pkwy Saturday night. Lots of cars up that way.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 01:25 PM
i am free all day and evening that day so whatever is clever....damn i cant wait now...
Posted By: 91HellCat Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 05:49 PM
1-ryan
2-svtatgt
3-csvtjohnga
5-chemguru
6-LoganB (Road Trip)
7-warmonger(90% sure)
8-91hellcat (also 90% sure)
9-
10-

Like I had mentioned before, I will be bringing the Mustang. That's only because the CSVT went into the shop Memorial Day weekend to get a facelift (which will take a couple weeks). So now there should be 2 Mustangs.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 05:56 PM
ok people, i need to know the exact address, how long the meet is, do i need a hotel room?all the info.....if some could give me directions from I-10..or even I-75 that would be cool....
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 05:59 PM
I posted directions 2 days ago

If you need more detailed directions let me know, I can help ya out
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 06:08 PM
no hotel room needed, the meet will last as long as everyone wants it too. i am free all day and night so its all good
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 07:17 PM
were meetin at the varsity at 1200 right?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 05/31/05 08:20 PM
yes 12:00noon is correct
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/01/05 07:25 AM
nudder question...what are the plans for sat/what all are we gunna be doin?time frame also wuld be great...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/01/05 01:27 PM
well meet at varsity at noon then eat some lunch then after that whatever the majority votes....probly head over towards jimmy carter,plesant hill area
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 12:24 AM
can someone give me the exact address of varsity?
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 12:46 AM
Map
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 02:06 AM
Ok. I turned in my pass yesterday but it was kicked back. Turned it in today and it looks good so far. I'll know tomorrow or friday morning for sure I'm still 90% sure it will be approved.
I'm looking forward to meeting new people and having a good time. I'll be with my family though I'm thinking we may be taking two cars.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 01:35 PM
hells yeah---chris i pmed you the addy to the varsity....warmonger do you know how to get here? and damn i didnt know you are a leutenant. what mos are you i was a 51b-- engineers lead the way.now you better come so i can see that car or your battalion commander is gonna get a call and you will be in the front lean and rest...hooa
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 02:20 PM
Are we meeting on the upper level or the parking lot near the Varsity? Since its at noon it might be really crowded to get a group of cars to park near each other in the upper lot?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 02:51 PM
i have always parked on the upper lot. i say we try the upper lot if its too packed then we move and go through the lower lot to the rear parking lot. the one with the graphiti on the wall, that should be a nice backdrop for some urban pics
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 05:16 PM
sorry guys im out.....there is no way possible that i can take off of work.....
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 05:21 PM
damn dude that sucks man.....i was hoping you would make it brother. maybe next time hu? make a weekend out of it, you can crash at my place next time if ya want man. so who all is in now???
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 05:51 PM
I am still in anyone have any SVT parts lying around? I was able to get some E1's for mine SE at the last meet.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 06:01 PM
i dont have anything laying around i have my stock hood which i am keeping same with an extra rear reflector,a&b pillar covers, stock air box and thats about it
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 06:02 PM
yea, i have a stock airbox...
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 06:44 PM
Thats fine guys time to go order those parts... SE to SVT coming soon. Cant wait for the meet either now to get a camera..
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 07:13 PM
i know man i cannot wait for the meet either. too bad my cf trunk lid wont be here in time or my cf sail panels or my darker tint,and tri pillar guage pod. but hey its all good it will be for the next meet, but tomorow after work i am suposed to hook my red LED underbody kit up...
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 07:46 PM
I remember doing that underbody install its not hard at all. To bad my last year in HS this year some ass wanted to be ghey and cut some wires, So yeah my kit is now gone for the timing being underbody will come back some time. If you run in to any problems just call my cell or pm me here I should be around. I just spent all my money on SVT front, rear, skirts and new fender, new headlights, grill, and finally fog lights. So on Saturday I don�t want my car to be in any pics it won�t have a front end.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 07:49 PM
damn dude that sucks man.....i was hoping you would make it brother. maybe next time hu? make a weekend out of it, you can crash at my place next time if ya want man. so who all is in now???

ill take u up on that ryan....keep in touch
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/02/05 08:10 PM
yeah i already have the clips in place just had to solder up some more wire cause it wasnt long enough now just clip them in run the wires and i am done, shouldnt take more than about an hour or so. and yeah chris man dont be a stranger man.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 03:23 AM
Ive got 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's in a custom box if anyone is interested. One of them is scratched up but it plays perfect and would look fine behind a speaker grill. PM for a price if you are coming to the meet and wanna make a deal, it would be very convienient to not have to ship them...

Here is a picture before the one on the left was scratched...

I don't have one of it now but if you want I can take one.

The reason I am selling them is I want my trunkspace back and I am going to do 2 8s in the decklid (just got the new ones today )
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 04:33 AM
i jus realized somethin...back in 99 or 2000 me and my dad went to the varisty to pick up his silverfrost csvt...the ride home was fun..
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 01:26 PM
awsome, hells yeah guys. yeah hey svtatgt i would love them however i wouldnt be able to do it till july1st man. but damn that looks like a nice setup...damnit i want those speakers too. well everything looks good for tomorow thats for sure,and my buddy is coming with me in his svt focus if anyone has thought about getting a chip or flasher. its a great bang for the buck and he can flash your car right there
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 04:44 PM
if anyone has any problems or questions call me 770-363-9990 its my cell and is always on me
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 05:50 PM
What kinda chip is it and how much for a chip and flash?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 05:53 PM
well its either a chip or a flasher, the flasher isnt much more than a chip at all and is well worth the extra money cause with the chip you have 1 fuel setting, yes you should be running high octain anyways but with the flasher you can get, low,mid and high octain prograhms. and all you have to do to switch them is be on almost an empty take grab the xcalibrator and load the new setting up into the obd diagnostic port and 20-40 seconds later you are golden
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 06:48 PM
Wild stab, I can wait and just ask tommorrow but can he do flip chips for nitrous applications?
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 08:36 PM
Also I have a set of H&R's to bring if anyone would like to buy them. Brand new still in the box
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 10:33 PM
Ok! I got a pass and I'll be there tomorrow.

I'm going to bring my family with me so I hope there are at least some family friendly things we can do. We are going to take two cars so that they aren't locked down doing stuff if they get bored. That means you'll all get to see my Volvo S40 .....Passion Red, T5 with AWD and 6spd.

From mapquest it is going to take me about 3 hours to get there so I'm leaving approximately 8:00am so that I'll be in no rush. I'll be coming up the 431 to the 85 from the southwest.
I'll pm you with my cell number too.

That's it, See you guys tomorrow.

Oh, I didn't mention that I was a LT? Yeah, I spent the last 3 years as an Engineer Officer, a 21A (21B is enlisted and that is after a recent renumbering. They used to be called 12B)
I'm now 3 weeks into Flight School here at Ft. Rucker. I did a branch transfer from Engineers to Aviation and now I'm going to be a pilot and leader of pilots....Apache Longbow pilot is my goal though I'll fly anything.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 10:47 PM
Yeah, I've got a complete SVT air intake system with tube, MAF, and airbox; an SVT TB that I'm not sure I want to sell and several SVT TB housings that I might be able to modify. I've got SVT 19lb orange injectors too. Extra other hardware too.
One of my better items is a Pro M Polished Bullet Maf calibrated for 19# injectors. I can't vouch for how well it will work on an SE but it is supposed to be able to be put on with 19# injectors.
What are you looking for? I might be interested in selling some of this stuff.

Let me know tonight so I can throw things you might be interested in into the trunk.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 11:05 PM
ill be givin ya a kall tomoro ryan when ever i get close to atl...im leavin macon at 1000 in the mornin that enuff time to get to atl at 12?
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/03/05 11:38 PM
How long will you guys be at the Varsity? I have to take the SAT in the morning and I don't know when I'll get out.

Thanks.
Posted By: TjZ Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/04/05 01:24 AM
Distance: 416 miles

Alright this is my last post of the night time to get some sleep and get up early for the wonderful trip. You fools better be happy tomorrow and lets have some fun. I will be the silly kid with the T-Red SE with E1's

Also War, my car is an I4 so yeah.. thanks for the parts ideas... We can have a chat at lunch for ideas to do with my new found cash.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/04/05 03:20 AM
You guys better wait for me...I might just leave in the middle of the test. That sounds like a good idea.
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/04/05 10:46 PM
Hey guys...

Thanks for an awesome meet. I'll throw my pictures up later tonight. Hope you all had a safe ride home.

--JamesT
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/04/05 11:11 PM
Originally posted by chemguru:
Hey guys...

Thanks for an awesome meet. I'll throw my pictures up later tonight. Hope you all had a safe ride home.

--JamesT

Yea, that was pretty good. Sorry I couldn't stick around and hang out with you guys.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/04/05 11:31 PM
great meet..had fun and good meetin yall.. ill put my photos up later...

john
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/05/05 02:50 AM
Yeah, I had a good time meeting everyone and I was pretty impressed with all the different cars that showed up. That many CSVTs in one spot were cool. The FSVTs looked really good but I think the Cougars with the body kits really took the style part of the show.

I'm still in Atlanta sitting in the hotel room we got after the meet but we're leaving for home in the morning.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed buzzing a few runs up and down the road. I'll look forward to the next meet
Hey, I just want you guys to know that out of the 18-20 people at the show, one of them is a thief.

I'm not joking and I made quite sure of this before I am saying it:
Someone lifted my OBD-II scanner from the back of my car when I had the trunk open. Those of you who were there will remember that right after we parked our cars on line down the hill from the Varsity, I spent about 5 minutes moving my gear from inside the car to the trunk. I laid it right on top of the box of parts that I brought down. I only opened the trunk twice, once to put the stuff in the back and once to hand out water and sodas to the guys that we traveled over to Malibu with. I know it didn't happen when I opened it the second time and I did leave it unattended for a moment when I was moving stuff into it, so I positive it happened before we all broke up.
At the hotel this morning when I went through reorganizing things I noticed it wasn't in the box. I combed every inch of both my cars just to make sure.

What's done is done and other than this to spoil the trip I really enjoyed coming up and meeting some people.

Whoever it is I hope he breaks his scrawny neck, somehow hooks it up wrong and gets electicuted or something.
Originally posted by warmonger:
Hey, I just want you guys to know that out of the 18-20 people at the show, one of them is a thief.

I'm not joking and I made quite sure of this before I am saying it:
Someone lifted my OBD-II scanner from the back of my car when I had the trunk open. Those of you who were there will remember that right after we parked our cars on line down the hill from the Varsity, I spent about 5 minutes moving my gear from inside the car to the trunk. I laid it right on top of the box of parts that I brought down. I only opened the trunk twice, once to put the stuff in the back and once to hand out water and sodas to the guys that we traveled over to Malibu with. I know it didn't happen when I opened it the second time and I did leave it unattended for a moment when I was moving stuff into it, so I positive it happened before we all broke up.
At the hotel this morning when I went through reorganizing things I noticed it wasn't in the box. I combed every inch of both my cars just to make sure.

What's done is done and other than this to spoil the trip I really enjoyed coming up and meeting some people.

Whoever it is I hope he breaks his scrawny neck, somehow hooks it up wrong and gets electicuted or something.

Sorry to hear that. I hope someone has enough guts to admit that they took your scanner. That would ruin my trip too. I hope you will come back for our next meet.
yeah thats deffinitly isnt cool at all. we all met and had a great time and then someone decided to be a prick and steel....i dont play like that, so whoever you are count yourself out of any and all further meets......besides that yes i was verry impressed with the meet. seeing 6 csvts there all in 1 place was amazing, plus 4 svt focus's and 2 sweet cougars. yeah i had major wood then riding in your car warmonger, i am still realing over it after you dialed it up to 9lbs of boost. ohh and yeah i put that pro flo maf on and well yeah i love it, i am thinking i gained a few ponies, around 4-6 or so. maybe i am wrong but thats the way it feels to me. thank you all for coming out saturday, that was a great meet and i cannot wait to do it again. next time we can do it at my house and have a bbq meet....anyone wanna start planning now for the next meet??? i do i do.
i do.....july sometime.
It was nice havin dinner with your family warmonger. Thanks for the beer! That is really sad about that person stealing your OBD tool. You would think meets like this are places you could be comfortable leaving your equipment or your windows down. Hell, thinking about it, im lucky that person didnt steal any other electronic equipment. Cant wait to hang out again man, Ill be staying in touch and will be contacting you soon with pics and what not of what we talked about before we left.

Ryan, remember dude we still have that NECO meet next Saturday up at Barett pkwy. It should be a cool little mod meet. Join up on Neco and head down to the COOGA section and youll see the posts and topics about it. Any one else from CEG is invited too!
cool brother i will do that today sometime. i will be there this weekend man, should be great fun and that 70mm pro flo maf gave me some extra ponies.
Man I really had fun and dinner was great.
I am going to tear into the car this week and hopefully have it up and running by the beginning of next month with the different headers and stuff.
yeah i wish i was able to make dinner man, it was cool hangin with ya and getting more modd ideas for my ride tom, plus the army chat was cool. thanks for the ride in the tour, i am still realing from it man. and hey if you and your family can make it to the bbq at my house then please come.
sry to hear about ur scanner tom.i agree, that wuld be the last place i thought something would have been stolen.ill be ther for the bbq ryan,wont be able to stay the nite or anything but i def will be ther and doin the flasher.when we get a set date on the nex meet ill try to get my dad and two other friends of mine with csvts to come to the meet.
awsome man, glad you can attend, and damn this next csvt meet we may top 10 csvt's
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/07/05 02:57 AM
I had fun. Next time lets get a meet together at a park where we can spend the day with the hoods up, BBQ and playing ball! I notice several others have family and/or Significant Others so it will be good for everyone.

So the Pro-M is giving you some added excitement? Cool. I'm glad you like it. Since it works my paypal is:

jbrant02@earthlink.net

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: atlanta csvt meet - 06/07/05 01:38 PM
yes if we decide to do it around here again there are like 4 huge parks we can do that at and set up some tents and all and make it an all day thing. and ohhh yes the pro m is awsome, i think i have gaines some good ponies,as much as i did when i got my intake, thats what it feels like to me. i will paypal you today tom, and thanks again brother
© CEG Archives