Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SAV CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/01/05 10:25 PM
You guys all know the drill. Georgians unite!

I'm open any Saturday and most Fridays this month. If you guys want to do a Saturday/Sunday thing, then let me know so I can request off of work on Sunday. I usually close the restaurant on Sundays so if I don't know ahead of time, then I won't be able to get out of it.

Let's make it happen.

-Chris
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/01/05 10:37 PM
It's CSVTs (more than one) + me + you.
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/01/05 10:39 PM
CSVTs wouldn't fit.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/02/05 06:05 PM
Lets see, I can't do it untill the last couple weekends in april, but after that I should be pretty free.

On another note, is the dragon run still going on this summer?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/02/05 07:01 PM
Do it April 23/24ish since I'll already be up there at the Year One show on saturday.'

And is the dragon meet happening this summer? I wanna go back again, but school has really drained my bank account, so I may not be able to make it until fall (it's purdy, cooler, and less bikes then anyways).
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/02/05 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Do it April 23/24ish since I'll already be up there at the Year One show on saturday.'

And is the dragon meet happening this summer? I wanna go back again, but school has really drained my bank account, so I may not be able to make it until fall (it's purdy, cooler, and less bikes then anyways).

Summer meet on the Dragon is great for you guys in school. The Mid October Dragon runs tend to conflict with class schedules a bit, but man is it nice up there in the fall!
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/02/05 07:25 PM

Where are we doing it? How many?

List:
1. SAV
2. Ross
3. SVTatGT

23-24th is fine with me.

As far as the Dragon Run, I'm still going. I might change the date so it doesn't conflict with running over some bikers though. I'm debating that over.

-Chris
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/02/05 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Summer meet on the Dragon is great for you guys in school. The Mid October Dragon runs tend to conflict with class schedules a bit, but man is it nice up there in the fall!

Not really. Only for losers that schedule Friday classes. I'm a loser but not the kind that schedules Friday classes.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 01:53 PM
So yea, how bout that meet...
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 07:23 PM
Im located in good ole' macon, ga. I got a CSVT and so does my dad. We can prob make it to where ever a seceg meet is at. I'm a bit confused...whats the dragon?
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 07:33 PM
See the first sticky in the SE forum.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forums. There is a member (zach) in Warner Robbins with a black SVT with bronzish wheels and HUGE wilwood brakes and parts of a mirko splitter. Maybe you've seen him around. Maybe we could have the meet somewhere around Macon. It's a good middle spot for me (from albany or statesboro) and Chris, and the Atlanta guys. And of course if you live in Macon, then it's perfect. Got any ideas?

Though of course if ya'll do something on April 23rd/24th while I'm already in the ATL area, that works great too. Already have plans to meet up with Ryan after the car show saturday. And if anyone wants to go to the year one show, go to their site and buy a ticket.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 10:01 PM
cool man, i am right outside (north) of atlanta and about once a month or so i go to hilton head for the weekend to see an old army buddie, i met kermit (ross) last time in statesboro. but i drive right through macon....maybe this next time we can meet up and shoot the sh*t man. and the dragon is deals gap. its a verrrrrry long twistie curvy mountain run that cannot be explained it has to be experianced....you gotta go man, i am there
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 10:02 PM
23rd-24th sounds good to me.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 10:43 PM
Chris, I'm staying with a friend in Carollton that weekend. It's like 40 minutes or so from Atlanta but close enough for me. If you wanna stay up there, just bring a sleeping bag and I'm sure he'd be fine with you staying,, it's a dorm by the way.

Well ya'll decide what you wanna do. Like I said there is the car show Saturday (well it's friday-sunday, I'm only going saturday). Tickets are here I think: LINK
And as planned, hittin up a bar saturday nite should remain in the schedule.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 11:55 PM
Hey somewhere any where in ga sounds good to me. i go to hilton head ALOT surprised we aint seen each other... and the dragon sounds like something very intresting... ive seen a black svt in warner robins and talked to him..april 23/24 ? where at ?
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/06/05 11:57 PM
Ideas to have somewhere in macon...anywhere...lot of my freinds and I go to the Lowes(home improvement) after they close and hang out there. Its surrounded by some restraunts and the *kool* place for teenagers to hang out...but really any where in macon we got some big empty parking lots out here
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 12:34 AM
Well I guess April 23/24 some where in/around Atlanta? Ryan, you got any ideas?
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 01:09 AM
The varsity?( i thnk thats whats its kalled)
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 01:33 PM
a meet in atlanta apr 23-24th area,,,,yeah i can think of something...like downtown off 85 at the varsity,,,,the best food in the world,,,better be prepared for greese though,,,then we can go over to mario andrietti speed lab and chill,,,drink some beers and race some cars if yall want. then to my house for a bbq.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 07:36 PM
im game
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 10:11 PM
cool lets get a list going here so i can start planning and let the wife know how many SHE will be cooking for,hahahaha just kidding we will be doing the bbq'ing so its done right,hahaha i kill me,,,and if she sees this she will...

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 10:28 PM
It depends on if you're doing it Saturday or Sunday on when I'll be able to show up. One person most likely will be with me either day.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/07/05 10:35 PM
cool by me lemme know which day guys and i will plan it....
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/08/05 01:20 AM
I vote Saturday.

1. Chris/SAV
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/08/05 01:30 AM
saturdays fine wit me (i might have my dad not sure, ill prob bring a friend)
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/08/05 04:57 PM
dosent matter to me sat or sunday i am cool with. just lemme know which day in concrete so i can plan for the wife to do something with my kids so i am free to raise hell in the atl.hehehehehehe
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/10/05 09:33 PM
Originally posted by SAV:
I vote Saturday.

1. Chris/SAV
2. SVTatGT

Oh, and the varsity is about 2 blocks away from me, so good call on that one guys.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 12:24 PM
Ya'll come on up to Dalton, GA. It's little Mexico, and I've learned the Mexican culture uses their vehicles as a representation of their personality. Translation: horribly riced cars that'll try to race anything with wheels.

I've got many looks down there, but as my lady was quick to point out, it's because I don't have any flames or dragons or giant spoilers on the hood.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 12:25 PM
haha. Try to make the meet if ya can.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 12:30 PM
When & where is it? I'm finna go to Disney World with the fam in early May.
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 01:21 PM
At the Varsity in Atlanta, April 23rd (Saturday). We're going to Ryan's house for BBQ afterwards.

I'm really looking forward to the BBQ part.

-Chris
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:01 PM
This meet better last a while, I won't be leaving the car show till late afternoon.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:17 PM
What time are we meeting up? I figure if we hit up the varsity around noon then we can do BBQ at Ryan's for dinner. Any other ideas?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:26 PM
Sounds good. I've got Ryan and Chris's numbers so I'll be able to find ya'll whenever I leave the show. Ryan, can you PM me your address so I can mapquest directions. Thanks.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:27 PM
1. Chris/SAV
2. SVTatGT
3. Ross (kremit) and friend
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:27 PM
When are you leaving Statesboro Ross?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:30 PM
Thursday when I get outta class. Gonna go party in Carrollton.
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:31 PM
Dag.

Your gas mileage would be helped crazy if you drafted me on 16/75.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:33 PM
I'd fall asleep if I did that.
You're welcome to come to carrollton. Just don't go to your Friday classes.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:46 PM
Its probably going to take you guys at least an hour to get from carrolton to atl, so keep that in mind.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 02:56 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Its probably going to take you guys at least an hour to get from carrolton to atl, so keep that in mind.

Yeah. Actually we're going from Carrollton to Road Atlanta, so even longer than that.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 03:13 PM
I thought you were staying in carrolton friday, meet saturday early afternoon, going to carshow late afternoon...
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 04:02 PM
Ross =
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 05:08 PM
GAH.

Looks like I'll have to make this a quickie trip if I still deem that I have enough time to make it up there. English final was just moved to the Friday before then just a minute ago (I'm sitting in English on my laptop because after this stunt, I refuse to acknowledge the fact that there is a class going on and I should be learning) and dad is going TDY for two weeks to Texas.

I hate making plans, because somebody out there always seems bent on ruining them.

I'll be back later on to see how I can work this out.

-Chris
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 05:27 PM
yeah guys sat the 23rd is a go with the wifey...i will have my wifey and son there for the bbq but its cool. we can all hang and talk shop and all hang out. lemme know a round about time we all wanna meet i say we all just meet at the varsity downtown atl....verry easy to get there....
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 05:29 PM
If anyone needs directions to the varsity let me know. Its right next to tech so I know the area.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 05:46 PM
85 and 10th street right?
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 05:54 PM
no, its on north ave. I guess i will just post the directions and make it easy for everyone

Coming from the north.
Get to 75/85 (either by taking 75, 85, or 400)
About a mile after 75 dumps into 85 take the north avenue exit
You will come up to a stop light right next to some Georgia Tech dorms, take a left (you can see the varsity from there) and its on your left

Coming from the south
Get to 75/85 (again either by 75, 85, or by I-20)
Take the Spring street exit, it will bring you up to a stoplight.
Go straight at the light, and take a left at the next light onto west peachtree (one way street going north)
Take a left on the next light onto North ave.
Varsity will be on your right in 1 block.

Its at the corner of North ave and Spring St, Spring st is a one way street going south. North ave is essentially 0 st, i.e. 10th street is 10 blocks north.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 06:09 PM
I thought you were staying in carrolton friday, meet saturday early afternoon, going to carshow late afternoon...

no. carshow mornin/early afternoon, meet late afternoon
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 06:14 PM
thats right north i always think 10th but know its north,,,,and hey there may be a few shows that day as well. i went to drive up the road saturday to get a drink from my house and there was 2 huge car shows within 3 miles of eachother...tons of clasics and muscule cars and even some 05 saleens...hotttttttt
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 07:32 PM
what time we all meetin at varsity? and whers the BBQ?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/11/05 08:15 PM
not sure what time for the varsity, we need to make that time up dont ya think guys....and the bbq is at my house, we can all follow me after the bbq, i live in loganville, about 30-45 mins from the varsity, depending on how fast we are going,hehehehehe maybe 20 mins,hahahaha
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/12/05 12:12 AM
i might not be able to make due to work ill be able to know for sure by tomoro...
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/12/05 12:25 AM
Hey you guys I think I may be going up to the FFW this weekend. I'll meet you guys at the Varsity whenever we get the date.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/12/05 12:28 AM
Unless he stops in, I'll call Zach (zm830101) once everything is decided and see if he can make it.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/12/05 12:28 AM
Ryan, let us know what time you want to BBQ and we can base the time we meet at the Varsity off of that...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/12/05 01:28 PM
hey jcsvt i will be at ffw this weekend as well. friday evening for test and tune and all sat and sunday, come to the hypnotic illusions automotive tent and hang with us, we will have a bbq set up and all. you will see my csvt.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 04:16 PM
Ryan, let us know what time you want to BBQ and we can base the time we meet at the Varsity off of that...

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 04:30 PM
i saw lets meet at the varsity at like 2 or 3 whatever you guys want, i know some of you well most are coming from out of town so we need to know when you all will be in town, my house is open and time dosent really matter
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 04:46 PM
That sounds good. SAV, have you found out your plans yet?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
cool lets get a list going here so i can start planning and let the wife know how many SHE will be cooking for,hahahaha just kidding we will be doing the bbq'ing so its done right,hahaha i kill me,,,and if she sees this she will...

1-ryan
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

who else guys?? add your name if you ARE coming so i know how much food to get.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 05:23 PM
1-ryan
2-cameron (svtatgt)
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 05:26 PM
1-ryan
2-cameron (svtatgt)
3-Ross (kremit) and friend
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 07:39 PM
1-ryan
2-cameron (svtatgt)
3-Ross (kremit) and friend
4-john and dad(maybe a friend)
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

o yea i also got a friend with a 200 CSVT hes hard to get in touch with but i try to get him to come up...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/13/05 11:26 PM
If anybody wants a svt, I know where one is with ~124k miles for $4k.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/14/05 02:49 AM
If anybody wants a svt, I know where one is with ~124k miles for $4k.

Here we go again.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/14/05 02:55 AM
haha
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/16/05 04:56 AM
That sounds good. SAV, have you found out your plans yet?

Can't say I have.

I may go, but the chance is slim.

-Chris
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/22/05 03:20 PM
Tommorrows the day. Lets meet at the varsity around 3. PM if you want my number just incase you need directions from the road.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/22/05 04:32 PM
hey guys sry but i wont be able to make it...gotta go tohhi and pick up my car and then to work at 430.... maybe nex time...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/23/05 01:23 AM
I reckon I'll call you after the show ryan and see what's up.
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 04:33 AM
Was this meet any good? Sad to say it was another opportunity foiled by my workplace, dad's assclown Army job, and a lack of girlfriend cooperation. Figures she'd be sick.

Did you bring me back some BBQ, Ross?

-Chris
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 04:48 AM
Whatcha talkin bout willis?

Ryan was the only one that made it to the Varsity. I was gonna meet up with him later but he didn't call back. Hope he made it home and all is ok.
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 06:43 AM
That's some bullshi....you know how that ends.

Figures. I'm surprised actually (now that I think about it, I'm not. Good job SE.), because I thought at least two or three of you would've made it out there. That sucks though. I'm kinda glad I didn't go now, seeing as Ryan's car would look too good next to my van.

-Chris
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 06:48 AM
Hey Chris, what was the last meet you made it to?
Posted By: SAV Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 11:27 AM
The party in Statesboro. In a Hyundai, no less.

-Chris
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 01:34 PM
hey guys, yeah i went to the varsity, me the wife and son and all had some great greeseburgers then went home, hey ross i tried callijng back but all i got was voice mail. but even though we got home and the wife got vilently ill so we stayed home the rest of the weekend......
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 03:01 PM
What time were you at the varsity? I was there from just after 3 till 3:30, and I didn't see any csvts, so i left. We should probably exchange numbers before the next meet
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 03:09 PM
yes we should i got there at about 2:15 and stayed till about 3:10 i thought the meet was at 2 but stayed till after 3 just in case
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
hey ross i tried callijng back but all i got was voice mail.

ah, cingular sucks.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/25/05 03:46 PM
damn, I must have been pulling in to the varsity as ryan was pulling out.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/26/05 01:24 PM
could have been but you still said....pulling out
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CSVT+Contour+Sedona GA meet! - 04/26/05 02:16 PM
haha
© CEG Archives