Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BEVAN//3L We need another NC meet like this!!! - 08/20/04 11:59 PM

I was typing SVT CONTOUR into yahoo search and I fund this:

http://www.sanctum-net.com/car/ralceg-2.html
Hell ya thats bad ass!
Dragon Run '04...
Posted By: unisys12 Re: We need another NC meet like this!!! - 08/21/04 01:20 AM
I know what ya mean! Even though I am not in that area, this was a pic from our first meet in Huntsville, AL!!

This was from Meet #2

And this was from Meet #3
Don't forget warm n sunny Atlanta. There were twice as many Focii than Contours.

For Roger:
I'm starting to think the best way to make mine stand out is to give it even more damage...

... But I'm out of garage doors to run through!

I'm thinkin Line-X Full Body spray.
We need just a big bad-a$$ meet...I'm good almost any time,
lets hear some dates and Ideas when is good for everyone else.we should get something going...
Anytime after the 27th
Hey guys, I was just cruising the site/forums for the first time in a LONG time and I saw this post. BEVAN//3L's search on Yahoo returned a link to my site. I honestly didn't think anyone visited that site anymore.

We used to have some great gatherings in the SE area. Most of the ones I attended were hosted by our CE friend Tim Vucannon. I'm not sure if he's still a Contour owner.....I think most of us in that photo have move on to different rides.

Personally, I was rearended in my 98 SVT a while back and have since moved on to an 02 WRX not long after the accident. I wouldn't mind catching up with some CEG'ers if there's ever a meet in the area.....I don't think I've forgotten everything learned about those cars.

For the record, here's the link to my old site that I used to use to post all sorts of junk about my car:
http://www.sanctum-net.com/car/

- Brian
Hey, could you help me install the front mesh in my SVT Grille? Do you know where Holly Springs is?
Do you know where Clayton is? I'm usually always busy with work or my boys (triplets), but if you were to swing by maybe one day on the weekend I might be able to lend a hand. I'm good at destroying things with the Dremel.

- Brian
Yeah thats where I bought my car. I bought it privatly from a guy named Scott Holzshu. Maybe you know him?!-Stu
I was at two of those meets. Always a good time.

My car is 3rd from left in this pic.
[image]http://www.sanctum-net.com/car/ralceg-2.html[/image]

Then...

3+ years, $k's later, much faster, and keys locked in car with engine running , 3rd from left in this pic

Good times.
Originally posted by Sanctum:
Do you know where Clayton is?

My Girlfriend lives off 70 by the Bojangles...I'm out there alot.
What do you need help with...the lower bumper grill clips are a b!tch.
Originally posted by Sanctum:
Do you know where Clayton is?

Where in Clayton r u? My folks are off Barber Mill rd. U said u have a WRX? I don't think I've seen ya out there yet...
LMAO at Simon! That was hilarious!
Simon, who can forget this madness....

Anyway, I'm off of Glen Laurel in Clayton.

- Brian
HA! I can arrange a meet just say the word. I work with Tim V. and yes he still has his contour...probably only has 5k more miles on it since you last saw it....its a beauty...He now has a SHO Ypipe (Gave it to him off my car) on there and the exhaust sounds awesome......Parked next to it today. He has offered to host another meet however I'm not sure that he got any interest. Anyways, I'd be up for one too so just say the word.

Sanctum...congrats on the boys. My sister (inlaw) has triplet girls...definately a handful. You still have the WRX...nice...bet its pretty tricked by now. My SVT Blew and had to sell it....picked up 01.5 S4 though. Been loving it.

BTW: We are actually meeting with Eric K. next week just to catch up for lunch.

Anyways just say the word and settle on a date and I'll talk to Tim about hosting another meet...that is if anyone is interested.

Later
Posted By: BEVAN//3L NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/24/04 04:14 PM
LETS HAVE A MEET AT TIM V'S!!!!!!!!

Sunday the 29th of this month ?, good for everyone else ?

Lets get this going...
Posted By: tvulcan Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/24/04 05:19 PM
OK, Justin said I should chime in here.

Meet sounds great, but this Sunday isn't good. How about the Saturday after Labor Day weekend. I think that's the 11th of September. No, wait. Let's go out 1 more week to 9/18 (not sure I want any event on 9/11). Anytime after 8:00am. We'll try to wrap up by 5:00 so I can take my wife to dinner and get out of the dog house for filling the neighborhood up with cars again!

I'll have a cooler with soft drinks, we can order some pizza for lunch and talk about, clean and tinker on cars all day. Bring beer if you want it.

Give me an idea how many to expect by emailing me at tgv1@bellsouth.net. I'll reply with directions if you need them.

Oh yes, bring your cameras too. Rain or shine, the garage is open.

BTW, Eric K., Frank C. and Justin have already expressed interest.

Tim V. & Champ ('95 SE, MTX, lots of little things and a SHO-Shop Y-pipe).
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/24/04 08:03 PM
Would the 19th (sunday) be ok ?, I work on saturdays I will be there as long as its on sunday
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/24/04 11:39 PM
I'm up for whatever...saturday or sunday!

Hope we will have a decent size group....Simon, John, Brian...you guys up for it?

Oh and if anyone has mods...etc I"m sure there will be a helping hand if any help is needed. Not to speak for Tim but he's got about every tool you could think of

Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/24/04 11:48 PM
Im in for saturday or sunday...........
Posted By: johnnyblazed7697 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/25/04 12:25 AM
sup i live in travelers rest south carolina about 30 minutes from ashville. where yall meeting at in north carolina and when.
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/25/04 01:21 AM
We are all in or around Raleigh, NC. I grew up in Asheville and make the trip all the time so it would be a good 4hr drive.

Come if you can make it!
im up for the 10th, 11th or 19th. whichever. the 18th i'll be in charlotte at the autofair with the tbird (anyone going to that?) so any other time would work.
Posted By: BEVAN//3L NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/25/04 05:23 PM
...How about a sat night(18th) meet @ the Golden Corral
on Hwy 70 @6:30-7:00 ?...then another meet on Sunday (19th)!
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/25/04 10:46 PM
I just looked at the date and it looks like I've got a wedding to go to that weekend. So that weekend it out for me. If we can do it another weekend that would work for me otherwise you guys have fun.

Was hoping to make it though
Posted By: gearhead98 Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/25/04 11:46 PM
im in for any date, the car which is the GF's sits up at meredith, im in durham close to bahama, but you give the word and i can be there, the car needs a damn fender though anyone got a PS black one
Posted By: Sanctum_dup1 Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/26/04 03:35 AM
Hey guys, count me in as a serious maybe. Couple of things going on right now.....we recently had a very serious family emergency, and as always with 3 little ones running around anything is tentative as far as a schedule is concerned.

Honestly, I'd love to come....I've got a decent laundry list of things I need to do to my car:

Wash/Wax
Oil Change
New motor mount
New front sway bar to replace the one that BROKE

Anyway....I'll try to keep everyone posted if I'll be able to make it.

Justin, Glad to hear you got the S4. I remember you talking about getting one when you got my exhaust. I bet it is a blast.

- Brian
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/26/04 03:32 PM
Just start throwing dates down and we'll try to get as many people to come as possible. Should have a good turn out!
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/26/04 10:47 PM
Posted By: tvulcan Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/27/04 12:30 AM
OK, upon checking it seems the 18th isn't good either. Let's go 1 more week to September 25th. Same 8am - 5pm. I'll have soft drinks, BYOBeer, we'll order a pizza around lunch time.

Washing, waxing (Finish First demo's available) and tinkering all possible, Got two garage bays and a fairly large driveway.

Again, please send me an email if you are planning to come (I seldom make it to the forum) at tgv1@bellsouth.net.

Tim (driver) and Champ ('95 Champagne SE)
MTX, lots of little things
and a SHOShop Y-pipe
Raleigh, NC
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/27/04 02:31 AM
sounds good
Posted By: Sanctum_dup1 Re: NC meet @ Sat night and Sunday ? - 08/27/04 02:56 AM
Anybody talk with Lars Burgland lately? Does anyone have his e-mail address? I don't.....he used to be a regular at the meets.

- Brian
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 01:32 PM
I will do my best to make it on either day decided.
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 02:34 PM
Ok so it looks like the date will be: September 25th

I'll start a list here but please email Tim if your plan on attending:

1) Tim (of course)
2) Justin
3) Brian (tentative)
4) Mike
5) SVTcontourSVT
6) gearhead98
7) Kinyoto

*Sorry if I don't know some of your names *

Oh and Brian....Tim and I used to work with Lars but I haven't seen him in some time. I'll email him and see what he is up to.
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 10:52 PM
this makes me wish i didnt take my leave so early, woulda loved to be there for this. i hope it goes great yall, goodluck.
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 10:55 PM
Yea you have one badass GL dude, when your back we'll throw a massive welcome home/Contour meet!
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
when your back we'll throw a massive welcome home/Contour meet!

Thats my IDEA ...Fawker
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 11:11 PM
Get off my back foo
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 11:25 PM
No,Im on your back like you just droped the soap in the shower
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 11:29 PM
Ahhhhh, thats a scary thought.
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/27/04 11:45 PM
Now I really cant wait for the meet!!!
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/28/04 12:07 AM
thankyou all for your support. i truly hope the meet is goes good for you all. i cant wait to get back for the return home meet . well, im goin to head on out for now yall, ill be back. go easy on him Mike .
Posted By: jevon3 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/28/04 02:50 AM
so this meet is on the 25th? i get back from bragg on that day so depending on the time y'all start i'll see if i can make it. i'll be at bragg from 11-25 sep. but i'll keep check to find out what is going on.
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/28/04 03:47 PM
Soory can't make this one. I'll be at the Petit LeMans at road atlanta. I dont have my SVT anymore anyways Maybe I'll make the next one.

Have fun
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 08/30/04 02:52 PM
Oh and be sure to email Tim V. if you plan on coming to the meet that way he has an idea of who is coming and can plan accordingly. I believe only two have emailed him so far..
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/02/04 08:02 PM
bttt
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/03/04 02:21 AM
who else is going?
Posted By: jevon3 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/03/04 02:28 AM
i can try and make it. the 25th right?
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/07/04 01:45 PM
Is this going to defitely be on the 25th?
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/07/04 09:06 PM
Yes....If your interested please email Tim so he can have a good idea of who is coming. I believe his email was listed a few pages back. I think it will be alot of fun.
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/08/04 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Kinyoto:
Is this going to defitely be on the 25th?

I cant make it the 25'th, I can be there on the 26'th
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/08/04 02:23 PM
Well...my wife has to work that day so I will have my 2 year old with me..so if I stop by it wont be for long unfortunately..but I will stop by nontheless to at least meet the peeps I havn't.

That is unless anyone has a problem with kids I have to ask..cause u never know??
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/09/04 04:12 PM
26'th
Posted By: FordTruckBoy_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/11/04 01:24 PM
So what's going on? Do we have a solid date and time? What about a place? If it's a weekend (like any mentioned above) than I can make it. What should we bring? (beer is a givin') This is outdoors right? Any objections if I load up the dawgs and bring 'em?
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/14/04 07:39 PM
Well I'll be there anyone have a list of who all's gonna be there?
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/14/04 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BEVAN//3L:
26'th

Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/15/04 01:23 AM
You guys need to email Tim V. if you are wanting to come or have questions about who is coming or who is attending. He came on a few pages back and said that he didn't browse the boards that much so if anyone was interested in coming to send him an email. I know he has already set on the 25th but you may want to ask about the 26th...if that works better for everyone...I"ll be there for either.

He is hosting so its best to ask him who has said they would attend.

Later,

Justin
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/15/04 01:53 AM
He said the 26th would not work for him. Call in sick Mike
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/15/04 10:52 PM
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
Call in sick Mike

I wish I could,but I gotta make the cheese

Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/15/04 10:54 PM
F~ck it,someone just drive my car to the meet
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/22/04 03:32 PM
So is this meet taking place for sure?? I see other post talking of meets the same day??

Who all going to be here if so:)
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/22/04 04:22 PM
So is this meet taking place for sure?? I see other post talking of meets the same day??

E-mail Tim V if you want to go to the day meet,

I cant make it during the day,and I will be out sat night...

so I will just call it a meet
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/22/04 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BEVAN//3L:

E-mail Tim V if you want to go to the day meet,

I cant make it during the day,and I will be out sat night...

so I will just call it a meet

I already emailed I just curious who all heading out to the day meet
Posted By: BCSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/23/04 03:10 PM
I wanna come, so what do I do. I'm in Winston-Salem right now. I'm a newcomer to this I guess. Thanks all.
Posted By: Kinyoto Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/24/04 12:34 AM
Read earlier in the post there is instructions on who to email to get information on.
See ya there!
Posted By: jcboeckl_dup1 Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/24/04 08:36 PM
I'll be there...not sure how many will show up but we'll be there either way.

See ya!
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: NC Meet at Tim V's ? - 09/26/04 09:35 PM
Any Pictures???????????
© CEG Archives