Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kokopellian Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 04:38 AM
Yeah, ya'll pulled it out.... Now, get rid of the racist name!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Look Cowgirl, take the name up with Danny-boy, not us!

Brunnel needs to give every defenisve player a Rolex or something. 41 yards passing? 2.7 yard average?
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 05:58 AM

I have no problem with the name being Native American. I know there is some out there that hate it. But thats another topic. Skins played like they wanted to lose but pulled it off. Nice to see.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 02:47 PM
I'm sorry about that my friend, you've been brainwashed. I guess the next time I have the rare opportunity to meet a Native American (since genocide and oppression has kept your populous numbers at low levels)I'll say "Hi Redskin!" We'll see how they take it.....

And you're right Pete, Danny should know better! He's freakin' Jewish! I'm gonna start me a ball club and call it the Kikes!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 04:51 PM
I'm sorry about that my friend, you've been brainwashed. I guess the next time I have the rare opportunity to meet a Native American (since genocide and oppression has kept your populous numbers at low levels)I'll say "Hi Redskin!" We'll see how they take it.....

And you're right Pete, Danny should know better! He's freakin' Jewish! I'm gonna start me a ball club and call it the Kikes!

Yes, lets get rid of any name referring to people because they are all offended by them! I'm sure fat people in New York and San Fran are offended by the word 'Giant'! Genocide? Oppression? Yes, the Native Americans haven't been dealt the best hand since the nasty white man come to this land, it sounds like you want to compare it to the Holocaust

Anyways, to be 'PC' I never thought Washington's football team would make it this far and have thus far surprised me. I give them kudos.
Posted By: rikenbomb_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 05:46 PM
Even though I am a Ravens fan I am rooting for the Redskins. Although I am not sure how they are going to do against Seattle. Only time will tell.

Yesterday's game goes to show you that Defense wins playoff games.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Yes, lets get rid of any name referring to people because they are all offended by them! I'm sure fat people in New York and San Fran are offended by the word 'Giant'! Genocide? Oppression? Yes, the Native Americans haven't been dealt the best hand since the nasty white man come to this land, it sounds like you want to compare it to the Holocaust

Anyways, to be 'PC' I never thought Washington's football team would make it this far and have thus far surprised me. I give them kudos.

Um, Giant can't even be considered an offensive term. So that was a TERRIBLE analogy. The name Redskin is offensive and racist that's a fact. Damn skippy it was genocide they went through and they are oppressed! Yes, I am comparing their plight to the Holocaust! They haven't been dealt the best hand that's all the respect you're giving them? What history books have you been reading!? Get yourself some solid reference material and take a look at the sheer estimated number of Native Americans that were slaughtered or irradicated due to numberous reasons. History speaks for itself man.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/08/06 10:08 PM

Um, Giant can't even be considered an offensive term. So that was a TERRIBLE analogy. The name Redskin is offensive and racist that's a fact. Damn skippy it was genocide they went through and they are oppressed! Yes, I am comparing their plight to the Holocaust! They haven't been dealt the best hand that's all the respect you're giving them? What history books have you been reading!? Get yourself some solid reference material and take a look at the sheer estimated number of Native Americans that were slaughtered or irradicated due to numberous reasons. History speaks for itself man.

I'll keep it football related here on out.

The Giants were #4 in the NFL in scoring (422pts). Today's outing for them was just damn pathetic. I was hoping in all my self-hype that I was doing reverse-psychology; didn't work. In the next two years though..they will be in the SuperBowl again. As for 'DCs football team'...if 120 yards is offense well then, they are going all the way...to NFL Europe standards. At least I have my 'home' team to root for in the Colts....
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 12:43 AM

Someone been hanging out with Hillary Clinton too much.
Hey Kokopellian, your name offends me, please change it.

Don't you have anything better to do???
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Bike2112:

If everything ended up being PC then there would be no Cowboys, Texans, Mavs and so on. All the holidays may as well go out the window to since not everyone likes the term Chirstmas or Easter and whatnot. Come on people get a life!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 01:48 AM
...Anyways, to be 'PC' I never thought Washington's football team would make it this far and have thus far surprised me. I give them kudos.

Who are you? What have you done to Ryan?
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 02:07 AM
Originally posted by skrilla187:

If everything ended up being PC then there would be no Cowboys, Texans, Mavs and so on. All the holidays may as well go out the window to since not everyone likes the term Chirstmas or Easter and whatnot. Come on people get a life!

Agreed
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 04:07 AM

Agreed

PC has nothing to do with blatant racism. Cowboys, Texans, Mavs are NOT racist name sakes, the REDSKINS name is! None of you can even begin to argue that. So let's just get back to football like Ryan said.

Man the Giants got spanked! These playoffs are surprising so far!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 01:25 PM

Agreed

PC has nothing to do with blatant racism. Cowboys, Texans, Mavs are NOT racist name sakes, the REDSKINS name is! None of you can even begin to argue that. So let's just get back to football like Ryan said.

Man the Giants got spanked! These playoffs are surprising so far!

I'm a tard and my last response had nothing to do with Johns post.

This is the last time I bring it up I promise :-)..
John, is saying you have black skin and I have white skin racist? If 'Redskins' is so racist why hasn't Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow coalition fought for it?

And yes, my G-men got their asses handed to them. Hopefully, Eli doesn't emulate his brother in the post-season down the road.
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/09/06 08:07 PM

You brought it up tool, and now you want to drop it!?! Why do you even care. Don't you have anything better to do than complain in a post about the injustices of what 'you' think is racist. Your opinion, like mine, is not fact.

Oh, wait, i'm responding to your stupid post in the first place. I'm a tool. I should just ignore you.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 12:47 AM
..if 120 yards is offense well then, they are going all the way...to NFL Europe standards.

it was one game, they will produce more next week.

and i think that you all are forgetting that Tampa HAD the number one ranked defense in the league.
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 02:54 AM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:

and i think that you all are forgetting that Tampa HAD the number one ranked defense in the league.

Touche' Excellent point.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 05:15 AM
John, is saying you have black skin and I have white skin racist? If 'Redskins' is so racist why hasn't Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow coalition fought for it?

And yes, my G-men got their asses handed to them. Hopefully, Eli doesn't emulate his brother in the post-season down the road.

John is saying what? And the reason Jesse and the Rainbow Coalition haven't fought for Indians is due to the fact that his organization doesn't give a damn about the Native American cause. Jesse Jackson is a joke.

Yeah, the G-Men got whooped! Must run in the Manning family. We'll see how Indianapolis does. They've got a lot on their mind so it won't be surprising if they're not focused. Is Dungy back coaching yet?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 05:22 AM

You brought it up tool, and now you want to drop it!?! Why do you even care. Don't you have anything better to do than complain in a post about the injustices of what 'you' think is racist. Your opinion, like mine, is not fact.

Oh, wait, i'm responding to your stupid post in the first place. I'm a tool. I should just ignore you.

I bought up racism in my post by calling out a name that offends people of a certain ethnic group. I'm choosing to drop it because I started the topic and you're not debating it intelligently enough for me to continue educating you. Also, by implying that I'm "complaining" about injustices that I think are racist shows you have no concern nor can even fathom the issue. Couple that with the fact that your best debate tactic is to result in calling me and yourself a tool and you can see why this is well over your head. Therefore, you don't get to play. Now go off and ignore me. The time alone might do you some good. Don't hurt yourself.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 01:11 PM

John is saying what? And the reason Jesse and the Rainbow Coalition haven't fought for Indians is due to the fact that his organization doesn't give a damn about the Native American cause. Jesse Jackson is a joke.

Yeah, the G-Men got whooped! Must run in the Manning family. We'll see how Indianapolis does. They've got a lot on their mind so it won't be surprising if they're not focused. Is Dungy back coaching yet?

I'm glad you see Jesse for what he is... :-)

I believe Dungy came back last Monday; hopefully this will give the Colts the extra 'umph' to make it through the playoffs.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 02:17 PM

I'm glad you see Jesse for what he is... :-)

I believe Dungy came back last Monday; hopefully this will give the Colts the extra 'umph' to make it through the playoffs.

Yep, Jesse, Al Sharpton, Farrakhan, etc. Are all freakin' pimps of the people. The can all KMA.

Glad to hear that about Dungy. Hopefully it will give them the umph they need. Such a tragedy though. You're at the height of your career with one of the best records/teams in the history of the sport and this falls upon you. Man, life can sure suck!
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 09:23 PM
I bought up racism in my post by calling out a name that offends people of a certain ethnic group. I'm choosing to drop it because I started the topic and you're not debating it intelligently enough for me to continue educating you. Also, by implying that I'm "complaining" about injustices that I think are racist shows you have no concern nor can even fathom the issue. Couple that with the fact that your best debate tactic is to result in calling me and yourself a tool and you can see why this is well over your head. Therefore, you don't get to play. Now go off and ignore me. The time alone might do you some good. Don't hurt yourself.

Wow, very intelligent response to my follow up. I am very impressed with your general knowledge of....things. I assumed you were of lower intelligence, like myself, but I was wrong. Thank you for letting me know of your intelligence.

I respect that you feel the name of the NFL franchise in Washington DC is of racist orgin, however, I originally responded to your original proclamation in the same basic tone of your post.

What has happened to the american indian in this country is terrible and criminal, but it happened a long time ago. Nothing you or I or anyone else really have anything to do with what happened in history past, but we can help to change how things are done in the present to ensure and safeguard all citizens of this country in the future. On the list of priorities to better the atrocities against the native americans of this country, simply changing the name of a sports team offers very little to making their lives better.

If I am a native american in this country and I can't get a decent job, pay my bills, etc., do you really think changing the name of a football team is going to make me feel any better? Probably not.

Let me ask you this question. If the Washington Redskins were owned by an american indian, would the name still be racist, or is this another example of since Dan Snyder is White, it is offensive.

Out of curiosity, how many native americans do you know personally that find the name Redskins-specific to the Washington Redskins and not the 'phrase' redskins, truly offensive. Is it 1, 5, 100 native americans, or do you assume they are really offended because you read it somewhere, or heard it on the 'news'. Either way, I'm just curious as to the source of your view of the name being racist. I know only one native american, well actually a few, and none of them care at all. Does this make me right or wrong? Neither, it is an opinoin and it is difficult to debate opinoins.

Awaiting your response-
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 09:55 PM
How much native american do I need to have in me if I want to be offended by the name?
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/10/06 10:10 PM
None.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/11/06 02:47 AM
From what I've heard from fellow Native Americans (I was born and raised on a reservation and am in the American Indian Science and Engineering Society at school) is that about half or so are mad about the Redskins, Indians, Fighting Sioux, and all the other names out there. To me it is no big deal. I find it kind of cool to have the names there just to remind people that we are still around. Most of the people that are offended by the names are really mad about the logos. The Cleveland Indians logo makes Indians look silly and dumb. The Redskins logo at least makes a Native look respectful.

If your more interested in the topic look around on the internet about the battle the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux is going through right now.
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/11/06 02:15 PM
From what I've heard from fellow Native Americans (I was born and raised on a reservation and am in the American Indian Science and Engineering Society at school) is that about half or so are mad about the Redskins, Indians, Fighting Sioux, and all the other names out there. To me it is no big deal. I find it kind of cool to have the names there just to remind people that we are still around. Most of the people that are offended by the names are really mad about the logos. The Cleveland Indians logo makes Indians look silly and dumb. The Redskins logo at least makes a Native look respectful.

If your more interested in the topic look around on the internet about the battle the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux is going through right now.

The most educated and thought out response yet. Totally agree with you.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/11/06 02:26 PM
I have do disagree with John based on the studies/polls I've read.

U of PA poll of Native Americans from every state except AK and HI:
..an overwhelming majority of them are not bothered by the name of the Washington Redskins.

Only 9 percent of those polled said the name of the NFL team is ââ?¬Å?offensive,'ââ?¬â?¢ while 90 percent said itââ?¬â?¢s acceptable.

Peter Harris Research:
Here's the most important finding: "Asked if high school and college teams should stop using Indian nicknames, 81 percent of Native American respondents said no. As for pro sports, 83 percent of Native American respondents said teams should not stop using Indian nicknames, mascots, characters, and symbols."

S. L. Price reaches the obvious conclusion:
Although Native American activists are virtually united in opposition to the use of Indian nicknames and mascots, the Native American population sees the issue far differently.

The larger question is this:
Is no awareness better than having 10-15% of Native Americans offended?

That's the debate. Take FSU as a perfect example. The Sioux tribe strongly supports the name and is actively involved with the university. Why is the NCAA overstepping it's bounds and attempting to force a name change? Get real. Stop wasting time and focus on much bigger issues such as graduation rates, grades, under the table money, recruiting violations, steroids, athletic leniency, drugs, alcohol, etc. etc. It's just another example of an organization trying to do something rather than tackle real issues.

IMHO, if the logo, mascot, celebrations, etc. are done tastefully, let it go.

John, Goat envy is not a reason to stir up trouble.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Grats to the Skins! - 01/11/06 02:59 PM
..University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux ..

LUX ET LEX. Go Fighting Sioux!
© CEG Archives