Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96 M edition virgina guys... - 12/07/05 02:27 AM
....i'm planning on moving to virgina in the spring/mid summer...were would you guys suggest? i'm looking at southern virgina..from richmond down..
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/07/05 03:46 AM
I'm expecting to relocate my family to the area just south and west of Richmond (Chesterfield Co., Midlothian area) after the start of the new year, once we get details worked out. What kind of residence are you looking at? A co-worker of mine was talking about an area in Richmond where places are selling pretty cheap now but which should really take off in value soonish because a revitalization (not sure if "gentrification" is the word) is starting up.
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/07/05 02:34 PM
Do you have a job or anything lined up, or do you just think VA would be a good place to live? Reason I ask is because VA has everything from redneck hillbilly country to uptight urban living... if you have something in mind we might be able to narrow it down.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: virgina guys... - 12/07/05 06:43 PM
not really sure yet..i'm working on my degree in criminal justice...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/07/05 10:21 PM
And anywhere with probably 2 1/2 horus out side of DC ain't cheap....A 'cheap' condo is in the low 200s in NoVa.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 01:09 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
And anywhere with probably 2 1/2 horus out side of DC ain't cheap....A 'cheap' condo is in the low 200s in NoVa.

You need to check out the Richmond market. We drove by a solid dozen 4-5 bedroomers between $200K-$300K in Chesterfield Co. a few weekends ago.
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 01:33 AM
You can check Virginia Beach area.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

You need to check out the Richmond market. We drove by a solid dozen 4-5 bedroomers between $200K-$300K in Chesterfield Co. a few weekends ago.

And Richmond is almost in the top ten of unsafe cities to live in...granted there are bad areas in every state, but when you make the top ten in the nation.....
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 01:04 PM
And Richmond is almost in the top ten of unsafe cities to live in...granted there are bad areas in every state, but when you make the top ten in the nation.....

Yeah, I was surprised to see that. The area around U. Richmond is pretty cool though
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 04:29 PM

Meh, the area we're looking in makes Burke look...well, it looks just like Burke. Besides, look at P.G. County over the past year and tell me where YOU'D rather be?
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: virgina guys... - 12/08/05 05:59 PM

richmond is in the top 10 most dangerous citys in the us...

as for location i would say move to where i live, Chester. We are 30 min south of richmond, 20 mins from midlothian and hull street areas, 10 mins from southpark, and the crime is relatively low and sparatic. how much you looking at to spend on a house. if youre definitely interested i know a great realtor that knows every market in the richmond metro area. let me know by email as i cant check this site much anymore . bryan@"remove me"dkustoms.net without the quoted area of course.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: virgina guys... - 12/09/05 11:38 AM

Meh, the area we're looking in makes Burke look...well, it looks just like Burke. Besides, look at P.G. County over the past year and tell me where YOU'D rather be?

I'd rather be in the Midwest!
Posted By: Silversvts Re: virgina guys... - 12/13/05 09:42 PM
Charlottesville is a safe area and its close to the mountains. Its not too expensive and its not a small town either. I hear that's a great area to live in (University of Virginia is there). Also Roanoke and VA Beach.
Posted By: proliphik Re: virgina guys... - 12/14/05 02:33 AM
whoever decides to move to richmond talk to me, i have a sister who is a realtor and would love to find new clients. but i live in the west end, southside (chesterfield etc) isn't my cup of tea. but the west end is snobby as sh*t. best place in richmond really is glen allen. you can find some decent houses but a lot of the houses are going pretty high.
© CEG Archives