Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
The text in blue are taken from Steve's post in the oringinal thread. On Saturday the meeting time is at 9am and i'll have coffee and donuts. I have chicken and hotdogs that i'll be grilling in the afternoon and anything else you guys want you'll have to bring. Its BYOB and Tony2005 said he'll bring sodas and ice. Can someone bring a large cooler?

I know Steve need's a head count so i'm starting this thread. Post if you are coming and what you are bringing.

1. Lamonte (Chicken patties, Buns, All tools needed)
2. Pete (knowledge and wisdom . Tools and $)
3. RT Stabler (maybe, depending on track time)
3. Jeb (toolkit, cooler of iced bottled water, chips)
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
4. Tony (sodas and ice, also medium sized cooler)

5. Andrew (I'll get some sodas/chips/something to throw in, I have several tool kits, probably bring them all, cooler if I can find it)
Hey, something going on that I can actually make it to!

Too bad I'm helping my friend move into a new place on Saturday.
5. Andrew (I'll get some sodas/chips/something to throw in, I have several tool kits, probably bring them all, cooler if I can find it)
6. Viss1 (I'll probably be there in the early afternoon if you guys are still there - I'll bring some chips)
I'll probably be there an hour or two late, stupid advance auto guy screwed up my order for the EGR gasket, and he said it wont be there til 9am tomorrow (maybe earlier, we'll see), and it's about an hour drive. even so, I'm ready to blast some carbon into liquid-goo state
Hey guys...made it home no prob, feeling better now too. Stupid life-giving sun. I really appreciate Steve agreeing to host (and fend off neighbors), Pete and Ryan and Chris showing up to help TONS, and I hope everyone made it home. I'm sorry that I left when some things seemed to be going wrong, but I didn't trust myself not to yak/get a blinding migrane (one or the other or both has happened to me after being under the sun for that long). Anyway, thanks again for coming out.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 02:22 AM
Hey guys...made it home no prob, feeling better now too.

Good that you left. Wouldn't want to send you to the hospital with heat stroke. We ended maybe an hour or so after you left. Yes, it was still hot then.

Thanks, Steve for hosting, Jeb for initiating, Ryan and Pete for helping.

Steve, urgent, call Pete (check PM or fax). 10:21 pm, Saturday, 8-13-05
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 05:23 AM
there were a few snags along the way after you left, but everyone got up and running in a rather quick fashion, and I dunno about everyone else, but I made it home alright. but lemme tell you, this whole "idling at 2k" crap is no bueno
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 06:23 AM
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
but lemme tell you, this whole "idling at 2k" crap is no bueno

Drew, didn't we determine that the problem was not the engine but a mechanical fault. (?????)

You need to spray WD-40 on the pedal hinge (and if there is a spring, that also) and the spring at the bottom of the accelerator cable (by the throttle body).
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 12:40 PM
there were a few snags along the way after you left, but everyone got up and running in a rather quick fashion, and I dunno about everyone else, but I made it home alright. but lemme tell you, this whole "idling at 2k" crap is no bueno

Heh, mine would come off throttle to idle at 1500rpms for about 10 seconds, then drop to normal. I think there's some relearning going on in the ECU.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 12:49 PM

Heh, mine would come off throttle to idle at 1500rpms for about 10 seconds, then drop to normal. I think there's some relearning going on in the ECU.

Drew's would drop to normal when he pulled the accelerator pedal up with his hand!
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/14/05 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Tony2005:

Drew's would drop to normal when he pulled the accelerator pedal up with his hand!

I really don't think it's the springs, it only "fixed" when pulling the accel. up because it pulled the cables along with it, but the pedal isn't supposed to go back that far. I'm guessing throttle cable still
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/18/05 06:37 PM
this whole "idling at 2k" crap is no bueno

update:

I had recently done the TH fix, and the hole I drilled was very small compared to what others have done (7/64). I was thinking, maybe the hole was so small cause of all the buildup, or if not than even so, maybe the smaller sized hole had something to do with it.
so I went outside today, disconnect the battery, yanked out the copper cap altogether, put the batt. back on and viola! well, sorta. no longer up at 2k, came down to 1000-1250, but even so, might drop back down after I drive it a bit.

also, I was thinking, since we had like every sensor on the damn engine disconnected, anyone think it could be a dirty sensor causing a higher idle?
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/18/05 07:22 PM
You could pull out the cap and put a small hose clamp on the outside of the hose. Tighten it down until your car stops moosing.

-Andy
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/20/05 02:44 AM
ah!!! that idle problem, FIXED!

a while back when I was having those EGR codes and those o2 problems, we got it to the point where the car would start, then stall immediately, but would run just fine if you didn't let it drop down to idle and stall. so what'd we do? adjusted the idle up a click or two, and problem was solved.

well, I never put it back down, and after cleaning the manifolds, I guess a lot more air was passing through (c'mon, you guys saw how bad mine were ). adjusted the idle back down to normal, and it idles right at 700ish, smooth as butta
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/24/05 02:45 PM
I got my throttle body gasket (the correct one this time) put it yesterday. What a difference it made...I was starting to really notice the vacuum leak affecting my car, but it's back to normal now.
Posted By: Silversvts Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/24/05 09:12 PM
I got my throttle body gasket (the correct one this time) put it yesterday. What a difference it made...I was starting to really notice the vacuum leak affecting my car, but it's back to normal now.

You're lucky. My car still has its CEL flashing from the CEG meet and so far I haven't found what the problem is. Took it apart on Saturday but didn't find the cure yet.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 09:50 AM
you get the code pulled?
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 12:19 PM
P0302. Cylinder 2 misfire.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 12:32 PM
Have you looked at the spark plug itself yet?
Another thing is to swap the injectors around to see if the the code changes to narrow it down to the injector and/or plug.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 01:41 PM
Definitely try what Ryan suggested.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 01:43 PM
One could argue I'm the cause of the code so you may not want to do what I suggest :-)

Originally posted by Quick_SVT:

Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 01:47 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
One could argue I'm the cause of the code so you may not want to do what I suggest :-)

Originally posted by Quick_SVT:

His problem seems like a quick fix though, at least he doesn't have to pull the UIM again to replace his injector harness i'm glad i lucked up and i'm getting a new/used intact injector harness from a local guy. Steve if it makes you feel any better my A/C compressor took a dump this morning and my car stalls if i don't stay on the gas!
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 06:22 PM
watch out, I bet the clutch siezed, and you "stepping on the gas" is probably pulling the serpentine belt over a pulley that isn't moving (happened to me about 2 years ago).
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 06:32 PM
watch out, I bet the clutch siezed, and you "stepping on the gas" is probably pulling the serpentine belt over a pulley that isn't moving (happened to me about 2 years ago).

Hahaha, no crap! that's exactly what happened. I turned off the A/C and the car ran fine I popped the hood and looked at the compressor, it was red hot and smoking! I needed a new serpentine belt anyway, i'm hoping when it seized for those few seconds, it didn't damage anything else!
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 06:38 PM
as long as the belt spins it shouldnt hurt anything else other then itself. kinda like an immortal attempting suicide
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 06:46 PM
it shouldn't have hurt anything else, but I'll tell you, when mine seized, they told me I had to replace the accumulator ( think) too. we replaced all three components in the end (compressor, accumulator, and condensor), but it was a PITA.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/25/05 07:01 PM
it shouldn't have hurt anything else, but I'll tell you, when mine seized, they told me I had to replace the accumulator ( think) too. we replaced all three components in the end (compressor, accumulator, and condensor), but it was a PITA.

Sucks, i have a rather large leak somewhere and i have a feeling i'm going to end up replacing everything as well
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Capitol CEG Maintenance - 08/26/05 02:45 AM
the problem is that one of the parts builds up what I was told is commonly called "black death", basically black guck similar to the carbon in the UIM/LIM, and if it gets sucked into the AC system (which is likely cause it gets exposed while working on the other parts) it'll ruin it all very fast. I think w/ parts and labor for all three parts it was $800-900
© CEG Archives