Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Sounded like there was a fair bit of interest in a get-together for some wrenchturning. I definitely want to degunk my stuff and maybe try pulling out that intake silencer, but my place is really not suited for work that deals with cleaning solvents and so forth (parking lot on a hill for townhouses). Can anyone host? I'll bring hot dogs and buns and stuff if there's a grill to throw them on. We could plan to do it in a few weeks, give people time to get their stuff together and clear their schedule.

Post your thoughts!
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Can anyone host? I'll bring hot dogs and buns and stuff if there's a grill to throw them on. We could plan to do it in a few weeks, give people time to get their stuff together and clear their schedule.

Post your thoughts!

Will join (and bring nonalcoholic drinks) but sorry, can't host. No garage; main road and driveway on a 15 degree slope.
I'd be up for it and we might be able to host it at my townhouse parking lot. I usually have about three spaces around mine empty and sometimes more.
I'd be up for one also... i can bring whatever... and i have just about every useful tool under the sun too...
Originally posted by Silversvts:
I'd be up for it and we might be able to host it at my townhouse parking lot. I usually have about three spaces around mine empty and sometimes more.

That sounds promising...
If someone can host it, I can come and lend a hand since I've cleaned several sets.
if the time/location is right I'm there, I need it desperately

Looks like there is interest. Silversvts, thanks, looks like you are the host. Let us know the time and date and then we will PM you for your location.
If this happens, I suggest everyone buy/bring the following:

- Purple power or similar degreaser
- TB cleaner x2-3 cans
- Wire brushes
- UIM, LIM, TB, IAC, etc. gaskets (read Maintenace FAQ)
- Tools

Wear ratty clothes, bring a change if needed.
and I will come in a speedo for motivational purposes.
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

<shudder>

LOL. To motivate us to get done and outta there quick. LOL.
How does Saturday the 13th sound to everyone? I can grill some burgers, dogs, cats whatever.
How does Saturday the 13th sound to everyone? I can grill some burgers, dogs, cats whatever.

I'll bring some soft drinks and ice. Will grilling the catalytic converters get rid of the P0420 and P0430 CELs?
No, but MIL eliminators or new downstream O2s should :-)
No, but MIL eliminators or new downstream O2s should :-)

I was referring to him grilling the cats.
Does anyone here optimize TB's? I'll pay for it.

ditto!
"Don't act like your not impressed..."
Ron Burgundy.

Originally posted by SVT PETE:

<shudder>

I'd do it if I had a core. Maybe I could do one while you guys are cleaning.
August 13 sounds good to me.
13th sounds fine to me, gimme directions and I'm there. ordering gaskets and whatnot tomorrow most likely. ooohh, excited
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
ordering gaskets and whatnot tomorrow most likely. ooohh, excited

Where are you ordering your gaskets and whatnot from? I emailed Bill Jenkins to order my stuff buy he didn't reply. I need to order soon to get my stuff delivered by next week.
just go to advance and get'em. Fel Pro is top notch.
Did you use his new email address?

Originally posted by Bill J. at Team Ford:
You can Email me at bjenkins@teamfordlv.com or call 702-395-5100.

he very recently switched dealerships.
Originally posted by moxnix:
Did you use his new email address?

Yeah I used his new email but I didn't call him. Thanks for the phone number.
I actually hadn't ordered them yet, I was gonna call Jenkins. isn't autozone a bit more pricey than Bill? also, I'm gettin everything, gaskets and all the "optional" stuff, since I'm 99.9% positive it hasn't ever been cleaned (or taken apart for that matter) in the last 173k miles
I'm getting my gaskets tommorow from advanced....
anyone gonna post directions? or at least general area info so I know what kinda ride I'm in for?

EDIT: nevermind, didn't see the other thread
© CEG Archives