Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
They're doing the what they used to call Rev it Up again. Rumor has it that the M6Speed will be there. I'm sure they won't be running it, but it should at least make an appearence. I went with Sean and Katy last year and it was a blast flogging cars that ain't yours. Anyway, details here.....

Get your Zoom Zoom on.
Signed up late last night.

Sat at 10:00 am.
Saturday at 9AM!
Signed up for the 12th at 10:15
Just a bump to remind everybody this is this weekend.
My dad & I are gonna be there, first flight. Zoom zoom baby!
Ya know? I thought this was October 12th and since I was gone then, I threw away my registration form.

EDIT: Well, I'm back in for the 12th but this time at 2:45pm. I'll probably be there at 10 to see if they will take me without my registration form.
Signed up for Sunday 10:30 with my son.
Saturday 2:45 PM. Zoom Zoom Zoom. Thanks Kokopellian.
Sunday at 11:30! wheeeeee
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Saturday at 9AM!

Looks like we'll run into each other again... Sat. 8:45 here
Originally posted by Viss1:
Saturday at 9AM!

Looks like we'll run into each other again... Sat. 8:45 here

Hah, I was just thinking "Wouldn't it be funny...?"
I'd challenge you to a go-cart battle, but my ankle is still screwed up and I think the autocross heats are about all I'll be able to do.
Just an FYI:
I was at the Zoom Zoom in Englishtown on Sunday. My husband was signed up in advance but when I got there they had me sign up also. Apparently everyone has to sign up and show proof of age to get in. So, if you're not registered you can do so at the event.

We got there at 9am (we were scheduled for 10:30) and just started driving. There was no waiting until your scheduled time.

Originally posted by LUCA:
..We got there at 9am (we were scheduled for 10:30) and just started driving. There was no waiting until your scheduled time.

Originally posted by Viss1:
I'd challenge you to a go-cart battle, but my ankle is still screwed up and I think the autocross heats are about all I'll be able to do.

Heheheh, I'm just looking forward to my first attempt at brake-torquing a Miata off the line. I'm sure they'll all be autos. I also want to drive a Mazda5, since we're thinking about replacing our Six with one someday.
I'm sure they'll all be autos.

Nope. You have the choice of MTX or ATX.
Originally posted by LUCA:
I'm sure they'll all be autos.

Nope. You have the choice of MTX or ATX.

Are burn outs allowed?
Well, I may not be there. I am leaving again Saturday(I shouldn't have gone to work this morning).
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
: Are burn outs allowed?

No. They really frown upon anyone doing spins during the autocross and the driving school with the RX8's.

One guy spun an MX5 during his autocross time. The guy working the course walked over and cut his event pass in half.

They said any burnouts, crazy stunts, etc. could get you kicked out of the event.

Some of the guys chripped the RX8 tires when they started, that was OK (there is an instructor in the car with you).

There was also a course to drive an MX5 with a bowl on the hood, there were three golf balls in it, you had to drive the course (low speed) without loosing your balls.

At another course you could drive a 3, 5 or 6. This also was a slower course. There were three lines, one for each model, so you can drive one car and get into another line to drive the next.
So same as last time, basically. They don't want the drivers to make arses of themselves or endanger themselves or the vehicles. Last time, it was a Mazdaspeed Miata that ballers kept getting in trouble in.
I get a better launch on the miata by slipping the clutch anyway

Says the guy who need to replace the clutch on the miata now.
Lotta fun. Killer lines by noon, though. I took one run in the main challenge, came in under 40 seconds, which was my goal. I think I could have done a little better with another run but not enough to warrant another 45min to an hour in line. I *loved* my run in the RX-8...I drove an auto but used the sportshifter to keep it in second (didn't shift out of first until just before hitting the first braking point), and all my instructor did was call the hairpins out for me and remind me to keep looking into the next turn. In the time matching event, I drove the Mazda5 because I wanted to shake one out and see if I liked it, and I just happened to come in under a second on either side of the goal time (1/2 second over on the first run, then almost a second UNDER on the second run). As for the golf balls...yeah, let's not talk about that.

And in the parking lot, I saw a Shelby Cobra, a Lotus Elise, and some decent looking imports. No other Contours though.
..And in the parking lot, .. a Lotus Elise, and some decent looking imports. ..

Was it bright yellow? One passed me on the way there. I arrived at 3 or so and by the time I get through the paperwork, the line was snaking out the tents. I decided not to stand in the line (sign said closing today at 4:45PM). I just walked around and look at the cars. The announcer mentioned Car No. 12 and a "burning clutch" smell due to a previous driver not knowing how to drive a manual transmission. Said something about hoping it is not going to be like the Seinfeld episode.
No, orange, and he made that Seinfeld joke with us too. I did not smoke the clutch, but I smelled some clutch stink at one point.
Well, those of you who don't already think I'm a moron will change your opinion after reading this.

I left at around 8:15 to get to FedEx field at 8:45. The last 3 times I've done this, I simply got on 95N and got there in under half an hour. Unfortunately, I neglected to remember that I live in Falls Church now, not Alexandria as I had when I've gone the past 3 times. In my semi-awake state, I figured all I had to do was get on 95N and it would be right there as always. So I happily and blindly drove around 495 to get to 95N, noting what good time I was making. I easily got onto 95N, set the cruise at around 80, and thought what a nice day it was to drive some new Mazdas. About 10 minutes later, I started to get a weird feeling that I wasn't going the right way. I then realized that FedEx Field is not off of 95N proper, it's off of the Beltway portion of 95N, E. of DC. I then noted a feeling coming over me that was partway between a Homer-style "doh" and an angry, self-hating rage. I was now about 30 mi. away from FedEx field, heading away from it at 80MPH. At that point, I decided to simply turn around, go back home, and wallow in my self-inflicted stupidity. I started a couple of house projects I should have been doing in the first place, trying my best to pretend the last hour and a half hadn't happened.

On the bright side, all I really wanted to do was drive the new Miata, so I didn't really miss a heck of a lot. But unfortunately my list of "stupid shizz I've done that I can't blame on anyone else" has grown by 1.

Visser, if it makes you feel any better, the new Miata (sorry...MX-5) drives REALLY REALLY nice.
Thanks, yeah, that makes me feel much better, you bastige
it sounds like ya'll had so much fun I'm glad that I had to go to Pakistan, for the 4th time this month.
© CEG Archives