Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Beowulf NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/08/04 10:10 PM
From the other thread, I figured a new thread with some specific plans would be in order.

Sorry about the long title, but I would realy like to get a meet together for a run across Hwy 20 out (at least) to Winthrop and hopefully out to Grand Coulee and back again.

The plan, in broad strokes is to meet at 10AM at the WalMart in Burlington, take Hwy 20 east over and through the beautiful Cascades, down into Winthrop for lunch and then out to Grand Coulee by around 5ish. The trip back on Hwy 2 takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, IIRC. And can I mention that the EW roads are well paved and fairly interference (flashing blue lights) free? Not like any SPEEDING would be going on or anything.

It is a long all day haul, but a hell of a lot of fun. When I get home, I will find and upload my pics from May 2002 when I did it last.

By this weekend, my fuel pump will be fixed, my new brakes and rotors should be on and I am getting Falken ZE-502 rubber all around. So by the 26th, everything should be sorted out well enough to make this lots of fun.

WHO IS IN?
Unfortunately, Lance and I won't be able to make it, as we are going up to Canada to introduce Alexa to Lance's parents. Also it would be a little hard for us to do such a long drive with an 8 week old who needs to eat often.

I have one suggestion though. Why not meet in Burlington, which is right off of Hwy 20, instead of having everyone drive way north past Hwy 20 to Bellingham. Just a thought. Sounds like a fun drive though.

-Christy
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/08/04 10:31 PM
Thanks, Christy.

I checked a map and it was Burlington, not Bellingham. I have only been up there about 3 times in the last three years, so I get those darn towns confused.

I edited my original post.

It is too bad that you and Lance (and young'un) won't be able to make it, but Alexa meeting her grandparents is more important.
Posted By: BLKnTAN Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/08/04 10:59 PM
I would be intrested in going, but I was just wondering how long it would take to drive from Vancouver to Burlington.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/08/04 11:26 PM
Which Vancouver?

From Vancouver, BC - 1 hour, 24 minutes.

From Vancouver, WA- 3 hours, 46 minutes.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 12:10 AM
sure why not, like i have anything else to doo...
Sounds like a winner. I'll try and make this one! If my brother's car is finished I'll likely continue on to Spokane from Grand Coulee though.
Posted By: BLKnTAN Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 01:08 AM
Sorry I should have been more specific, Vancouver, B.C.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 01:43 AM
Originally posted by BLKnTAN:

Your drive to Burlington won't be much longer than mine.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 07:20 AM
I don't think I have anything going that weekend yet. I should be able to make it. It definately sounds like fun!

Marty
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 07:23 AM
I am in this sounds like fun. So how long would it be from Tacoma?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 07:33 AM
We southenders can meet in Auburn at the Supermall for the drive up. A meeting time of 8AM there would be a good start. The drive up takes over an hour, but if someone is running late, we have some time to wait for them.

When we get closer to the 26th, we can firm up some details.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 08:00 AM

Hey BLKnTan, welcome to CEG. What do you drive? I'm from the valley. Maybe I've seen you before on the road, any pics of your car???
Busy Saturday mornings so can't go. But BnT can you go for me . BTW, the Coulee Dam is . ESP the laser light show. The beaches around there are nice too.
Posted By: BLKnTAN Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 11:53 AM
Cris'pus I drive a 99 Blk SVT. I just got 18's w/ 225/35zr rubber and 5 window tint.
Posted By: BLKnTAN Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/09/04 11:59 AM
Also I don't know how to post a pic on here so I can't show you one and I don't have a web page. We should also try to set up a meet in the Lower Mainland one day cause I've seen lots of Contours around town and try to find a good place to cruise around for a day.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/10/04 03:53 AM
Also I don't know how to post a pic on here so I can't show you one and I don't have a web page. We should also try to set up a meet in the Lower Mainland one day cause I've seen lots of Contours around town and try to find a good place to cruise around for a day.

How to post Pics
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/10/04 05:09 PM
I've seen 3 in the buynsell or canadatrader in the last 3 months. Did you pick up yours recently or since new?
I may have my car running again by the end of the month, in time for a possible van city meet
Clicky
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/16/04 05:24 PM
bump
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/20/04 11:50 PM
Just so you know the Wal-Mart is in Mount Vernon. Hwy 20 connects to I-5 in Burlington. I did not want people to get lost trying to find Wal-Mart in Burlington. You could probably meet in the Burlington High School parking lot that is right at the end of Hwy 20 where it heads out to sedro-wooley then on to winthrop.

I drove down to the Supermall on saturday to look at a contour and it took about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Mount Vernon.

Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/21/04 04:56 AM
That's good. We can firm up the northern rally point during this week.

Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/21/04 05:44 AM
alright so what time are we meeting saturday morning, I need everyone who is coming saturday morning to PM me with their numbers, also write mine down, llane, 253-632-4787. If you guys get lost just call me. I am still up for meeting up. Who is meeting up north. My uhhh poll never worked so i can't really do anything about it (it was to late to change it when i noticed).
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/21/04 08:03 PM
Hey Llane, us southies and anyone coming from even farther south should meet at the Auburn Supermall at 8AM, then we can all drive up together.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/22/04 05:29 AM
i got my svt gauges installed, woot woot.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/22/04 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Hey Llane, us southies and anyone coming from even farther south should meet at the Auburn Supermall at 8AM, then we can all drive up together.

8 am it is, what part of the mall?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/22/04 03:44 PM
The McDonalds on the south side makes a good place to meet.
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 02:15 PM
So what time do you think you'll be crusin' past Bothell? Or are you shooting up I-5? Either way, Llane, call me and I can try to meet up with you to drive up with you from my neck of the woods.
I'm officially out for this one guys, sorry. They gave me the duty phone this weekend. There's no way I'm going to answer calls all day while driving. Probably wouldn't have cell service up there anyway. Enjoy the drive guys! It doesn't get any better than that in Washington. Perfect season for it too.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 03:27 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
I'm officially out for this one guys, sorry. They gave me the duty phone this weekend. There's no way I'm going to answer calls all day while driving. Probably wouldn't have cell service up there anyway. Enjoy the drive guys! It doesn't get any better than that in Washington. Perfect season for it too.

sorry to hear, have fun though man.

david, did you want me to call you as we are getting up in that area, or you gonna meet us down south?
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 05:52 PM

david, did you want me to call you as we are getting up in that area, or you gonna meet us down south?

Call me when you are getting close to the area. If you're driving up I-5, it'll take me about 15-20 minutes to meet you just past the I-5/405 interchange (at the first off-ramp after that interchange, there's a WalMart on the right). If you're driving up 405, I can get to the Hwy 527/405 interchange in about 10 minutes (the Hwy 527/405 interchange is two exits north of the 522/405 interchange).

Let me know which highway you'll be driving on: 405 or I-5 and I can plan to be nearby lurking and waiting.
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 05:54 PM
BTW--where's Jeremy?? Have you heard from him Llane (or anyone else)?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 07:14 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:

I am on call this weekend too. Come anyway.

I just finished by brakes, and MAN you shoudl see the inside of the pass side caliper.

Had a little fluid leaking issue when I didnt tighten down one of the speedbleeders enough. Oops. Put the pass side spring on wrong too. I realized that last night when i was putting the drivers side on correctly, but I forgot to fix it this morning. I was backing up out of the garage and hear it pinging off something. I pulled back in, but by then it was wasted. Good thing I had extras.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DDV:
BTW--where's Jeremy?? Have you heard from him Llane (or anyone else)?

the interchange for I-5/I405, is like renton, which is like 10 min drive north of where we will be meeting. We will be taking for I-5 since its a nice straight shot, versus going out of our way, after that I don't know. I have no clue on how to get where we are doing. Not being a leader saturday. hehe, hey when you guys get a second check my profile, I added all my new updated items (except my console) look pretty good!
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/23/04 10:46 PM

the interchange for I-5/I405, is like renton, which is like 10 min drive north of where we will be meeting. We will be taking for I-5 since its a nice straight shot, versus going out of our way, after that I don't know. I have no clue on how to get where we are doing. Not being a leader saturday. hehe, hey when you guys get a second check my profile, I added all my new updated items (except my console) look pretty good!

Ooops, my bad. I meant the NORTHERN I-5/I405 interchange, which is just north of where I live.

Anyway, gimme a call when you can on Saturday and I'll try to meet up with you for the drive up. You guys were meeting up at the Super Mall at 8:00, but what time were you heading out from there?
Well...I have to work and won't be able to make it...sorry guys.

The latest weather models forecast looks bad for your guys trip...looks like NWS will add showers and thunderstorms to Saturday's forecast for the mountains/lowlands by tomorrow afternoon's update.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 03:53 AM
looks like, I may have found another person to join us in our meet, he lives in oak harbor, he said which isn't to far away from mt vernon. So that will be good, he drives a 98 black svt.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 07:25 AM
Ooops, my bad. I meant the NORTHERN I-5/I405 interchange, which is just north of where I live.

Anyway, gimme a call when you can on Saturday and I'll try to meet up with you for the drive up. You guys were meeting up at the Super Mall at 8:00, but what time were you heading out from there?

8:30 or so, I have to close fri night so i dont get off till 1 am but I CAN DO IT!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 08:34 AM
Stay tuned, I will have details for meeting up down south and up North in Burlington by afternoon tomorrow.

Too tired to do it tonight. I dont want to screw it up.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 03:44 PM
well what is taking so long post already. so where exactly are we going, i am confused, burlington, or mt vernon area?
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 06:09 PM
From Beowolf's original post, he wanted to meet at the WalMart up there somewhere at around 10:00.

Here's the address for the WalMart up there:
Wal-Mart Store #2596
2021 Market Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Now about meeting at 10:00; if you guys are driving up from the SuperMall at 8:30, I don't think you're going to make it up there by 10:00. It takes me around an hour to make it up there from Bothell. So how long does it take you to get up to the Bothell/Lynnwood area?

Let Beowolf know, so he can plan accordingly.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 07:30 PM
Well, we usually stop for 30 min or so just to make sure everyone shows up, who is showing up, then we leave, some said an hour and a half from here. I would like to give us that plus 15-20 min or so, just incase. that way we aren't pressed for time. I know I could do that drive in less then a hour, but as I suspect not many will wanna follow my lead lol. David, how far are you away from northgate? still pretty far? Not sure quite where your coming from still.
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 08:51 PM
Llane,
I'm still a few miles north of Northgate. But, that's the perfect place to call me from as you're passing it. I could head over to I-5 and meet up with you somewhere north of Northgate.

David
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/24/04 09:47 PM
lol, make sure you tell me where so I can jump off the highway with everyone lol. I am so excited, gonna go get my gauges ready to be put on!!!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 06:33 AM
Sorry about that, I had a very busy day. My son "graduated" from his day care today so we had a little ceremony to go to.

OK, here is the plan.

We will meet at 10 AM at a Chevron right off of the freeway on Hwy 20 in Burlington. If you are coming from the south, exit at Hwy 20 Westbound, turn left and you will see a convience store on the left hand side of the road after the underpass. Southbound travelers on I- 5 to Burlington will also exit at HWY 20 and turn right to see it on their left. The place is right next to the freeway on Hwy 20. Honestly, the exit for Hwy 20 is a piece of cake to find, and the Chevron/convience store is easy as well. I havent been up there for a year, so hopefully it hasnt become a 76 or something. Good place to top off the tank and get ready for the drive. We probably won't roll out until 10:30 or so, but if you are running a few minutes late, my cell phone number is 425)894-1810.

Now, if anyone wants to caravan up from the Seattle area, let's meet at Northgate at 8AM, with a planned departure time of 8:30. We should get there in the right amount of time.

As for weather, the weather was like this last time I went. The clouds cleared halfway up to Lake Diablo and it was clear skies after that. We can expect no rain in Eastern Washington and some REAL heat. So don't let a little rain over here hold you back!
Just to clarify, yes the Chevron is still there. The store attached to it is called Holiday Market. It's right next to an AM/PM which is right next to a McDonalds. When you exit from heading northbound, turn left at the light, then go straight at the next light (right lane only). Chevron will be on your left at that point. I know that area very well...I was there today!

I might come out and meet you guys just to say hello. It's only 45 minutes from here. Depends on how busy the duty phone is. Don't wait on me obviously as I can't do the drive anyway.

BTW, that Chevron you're meeting at has some excellent 92 octane gas. Good price too, for the area. I have never had a problem with it, unlike some other small town gas stations...

Forecast for Winthrop, just the other side of the mountains, is 96 degrees! 95 degrees for Grand Coulee...should be a scorcher! Hope all your air conditioning still works.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 03:25 PM
lol what happened to meeting down south in auburn lol. hey, david, meet me in auburn at 7:30 cheveron, and we will drive up. so where at northgate are we meeting at 8? I was thinking the theater would be a good place (in front not back)
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 07:20 PM
Beowulf is suggesting meeting at Northgate at 8:00 a.m.. Llane, will you be there by then? I thought you were planning to meet at the SuperMall and leave there at 8:30?

Beowulf: Where are you driving from (what city)?

I could certainly meet you guys at Northgate at 8:00, but let's get this set in stone.

If the Southenders meet at the SuperMall at 8:00 and leave at 8:30, they won't make it up to Burlington by 10:00. However, if we leave Northgate Mall at 8:30, that'll be enough time to get to Burlington at 10:00. Can you Southenders be at Northgate at 8:00?
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 08:30 PM
Beowulf is suggesting meeting at Northgate at 8:00 a.m.. Llane, will you be there by then? I thought you were planning to meet at the SuperMall and leave there at 8:30?

Beowulf: Where are you driving from (what city)?

I could certainly meet you guys at Northgate at 8:00, but let's get this set in stone.

If the Southenders meet at the SuperMall at 8:00 and leave at 8:30, they won't make it up to Burlington by 10:00. However, if we leave Northgate Mall at 8:30, that'll be enough time to get to Burlington at 10:00. Can you Southenders be at Northgate at 8:00?

sorry he changed it from supermall to northgate, in his last post. I decieded him and I to meet up at 7:30 at supermall. So lets just meet at northgate at 8! ahhh lol.
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 08:35 PM
OKAY!

See you guys at 8:00 at Northgate Mall. I'll be in the parking lot in front of that California Pizza place (if it's still there) on the north side of the mall.

Otherwise, call me or I'll call you.

Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 08:55 PM
No no, goo further west infront of the old theater, its a big empty lot there.
Posted By: FlynLow Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 09:26 PM
Hey guys, Im a new Contour owner, I got a clean 98.5 Black Contour, to replace a 90 taraus SHO, It finnally took a dump on me, and I decided to go contour SVT, needless to say, I'm very happy. For the most part, all stock except for the audio, and a dash clock upgrade. More to come in the future though. I would like to meet you all at the hwy20 meeting place, just to see what other cars are out there, and interduce myself. If I would have known about this before today I would have planned for it, that will be an awsome ride. A little long, but fun with the right people. I live in Mukilteo, so the ride to burlington should be a nice morning ride. I hope it will be fine if I stop by for a min.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 10:23 PM
if we have to be at northgate at 8am then theres no way I am going to make it. I dont even get off work tell 1-ish and dont get home tell 1:30 - 2 so I REALY want to go but not on no sleep, mabye next time guys.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/25/04 10:34 PM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
if we have to be at northgate at 8am then theres no way I am going to make it. I dont even get off work tell 1-ish and dont get home tell 1:30 - 2 so I REALY want to go but not on no sleep, mabye next time guys.

no no man, you are coming, you got till 8:30 to show up at northgate. Just look at it this way, We were meeting at supermall at 8 (almost 30 minutes south). If you want I will meet up with you, and drive up to north gate with you. But you gotta come, this is looking like one of our biggest meets in a long time. its only like 25 minutes north of where we were meeting. call me okay 253-632-4787
Welcome FlynLow! You really should go on the drive with these guys. The road is twisty and scenery is beautiful...best Washington has to offer IMO. Wish I could make it.
Posted By: FlynLow Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/26/04 02:10 AM
how long do you anticipate the whole trip taking? Map quest shows a good 5+hrs. one way. My wife works tomarrow and Im on kid watch, I could probably break away for a short distance but I don't believe that i could go the whole trip, that would take some pre-planning. I'll be glad to meet up with some guys heading up to burlington, I'll wait close to the Beoing Freeway(HWY526) and the I-5 interchange. around 9:00am is when the North Gate Folks, should be blazn' through I could just keep an eye out for them. (if they left at 8:30)
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/26/04 05:49 AM
For those meeeting at northgate at 8AM, in front of the Northgate Theater would be great. I thought of that today, but have been busy all day, so no time to post.

Shotwell, it would be great to see you and FlynLow, you are most definitely welcome to come by and say hi. Too bad you won't be able to join us for the rest of the drive.

Hey Llane, can we just meet up at northgate? Since that is the set meeting place now, I really dont want to drive south than north.

P.S. I got new tires for the rear today, the car is smooth and silky again. The BFG Radial TA's on the front should last for a couple more weeks (hehe, they have TONS of tread left). But i think Les Schwab put one of the rear tires on wrong. They dont indicate they are directional tread, but they are made by Falken and nearly identical to the ZE-512s. Oh well, it will be fine for the this weekend and i can have them check it out next Friday when I am off work.

I also took the pinstipes off today. Still have some cleanup to do, but it was dark by the time the driver's side was done.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/26/04 05:51 AM
Originally posted by FlynLow:
how long do you anticipate the whole trip taking? Map quest shows a good 5+hrs. one way. My wife works tomarrow and Im on kid watch, I could probably break away for a short distance but I don't believe that i could go the whole trip, that would take some pre-planning. I'll be glad to meet up with some guys heading up to burlington, I'll wait close to the Beoing Freeway(HWY526) and the I-5 interchange. around 9:00am is when the North Gate Folks, should be blazn' through I could just keep an eye out for them. (if they left at 8:30)

This is the whole thing, you can do as much or as little of the drive as you want. You would be looking at around 3 hours round trip just to go to Burlington. 5 may get you to Wintrop and back. I cant remember exactly, and last time I did the drive, I stopped lots and even took a little hike during the drive along Hwy 20.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/26/04 09:07 AM
ok so i just got home from work and i still realy want to go so I am. I am going to bo So sleepy you guys better stay clear of my car any way I have to get up at 6 to make it in time. I know where the northgate mall is but thats about it I dont know where anything is there. so ill just drive around it untill i find you guys. my cell is 253-678-1045 so 8am I will be there.

Lane, you can call me in the morn (if you get this) to see if we can meet up so I know where to go as it looks like you know.
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/27/04 07:17 AM
WOW

What a meet and drive!!!

Just got home and my trip odometer is at 525 miles for the whole day!

FlynLow: Sorry we missed you. We left a little early from Northgate Mall, but we waited until 10:45 at the Chevron in Burlington, which was the agreed-upon location.

Four of us made it: Beowulf, TJBugs1, Auiotour, and myself. Took lots of pictures, but Beowulf's and mine are on film and will have to be developed.

I am going to bed now. . .
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/27/04 08:29 AM
I got pulled over 20 miles from home on Hwy 18 for 65 in a 55.

No ticket though. But very amusing.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/27/04 05:03 PM
damn man, i am so tired, I mean, sun burned, wind burned... that was an amazing trip, I can't wait to upload the small amount of video i do have, and my 60+ pictures I got. I am so so tired, that damn sprite that exploded was funny as heck, to bad my car smells like sprite now.
You speeder you

Wish I could have gone. I would have been on the phone the whole time though. Turned out to be a reserve weekend and the base network was having some problems. Maybe next time!
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/27/04 07:52 PM
Originally posted by auiotour:
damn man, i am so tired, I mean, sun burned, wind burned... that was an amazing trip

that makes two of us, heres a pic for now i wll get some more up latter. MAN IT WAS FUN

Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 02:44 PM
So funny that after a meet, nobody posts for like weeks lol.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 06:41 PM
Sheer exhaustion. Some of us are old, y'know.

I just can't wait to get my film developed.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 07:12 PM
I am still trying to figure out which pictures to post. I mean I have 77 of them. lol. plus a 5 min video clip to post. then I gotta find a place to host them, that I like
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 08:26 PM
Don't EVEN talk to me about that age thing!

My eyes are still pretty wind-burned and I'm feeling drug-out. But, did I mention that it WAS FUN?!
Posted By: FlynLow Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 08:48 PM
Damn, I got up early that day to make the drive and I guess that It wasn't in my wifes plans for me to go do that. I really wanted to go and at least meet some of you. If I would have known about the drive sooner I would have been in for sure.......when is the next one???? I was thinking that I drive to Levenworth would be a good drive, they have lots of fun stuff to do once we get there and it only takes about 2hr. to get there. Just an Idea, I can't wait for the next meet.

Off the subject.....where is a good place in (washington)the east side(Bellevue) to get windows tinted?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 09:14 PM

My eyes are still pretty wind-burned and I'm feeling drug-out. But, did I mention that it WAS FUN?!

Was it fun?

I am not really feeling the windburn now, but when I got home and my dog decided to lick the left side of my face, I really felt it.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/29/04 10:35 PM

Was it fun?

I am not really feeling the windburn now, but when I got home and my dog decided to lick the left side of my face, I really felt it.

lol, my dog wouldn't stop smelling me. My shoulders, and kneck are burnt, and the wind burn is still killing my eyes. I can barely keep them open. I have slept like 16 hours out of everyday since the meet. Wow that was very tiring.

sorry you couldn't make it. Not quite sure where there is a good tint place up there. Not to many people on CEG from that area even. I know there is a place near Highline community college that is supposed to be one of the best places to go.
Posted By: FlynLow Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 06/30/04 01:19 AM
Well I look forward to seeing more pics.

I found a spot in lynnwood that can do a full tint that runs around 170.00 to 190.00 (depending on how dark you want the tint), they give a lifetime on the job and product. The place is called Tech Auto Sound. I've got tint done there befor and it came out good, I didn't keep the car long enough to see the longevity of the work though. I'm going to get it done this week and I'll let you know how it comes out. I'll do before and after pics.

What do you guys think about the Levenworth idea?
Posted By: DDV Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/01/04 04:10 AM
Leavenworth sounds like a fun, short drive!

But, I think I'm still too tired from seeing it from the other side! That, plus I have a lot of yardwork that needs to be done, since I wasn't home last Saturday. Man, those weeds just don't take a break.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/08/04 06:37 AM
Gonna post some pictures tomorrow of the cars.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/08/04 06:53 AM
you guys can read the comments, if you know you won't get introuble at work.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/therealauiotour
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/09/04 10:30 AM
Well here are some of my pics, enjoy!

ok when i use the IMG box's it dose this so heres the links

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/carscg.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ddvsvt.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/gc.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dts.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dtsa.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pitstop.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dam.jpg

http://tjbujs1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/assatdam.jpg
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/09/04 05:23 PM
Once you copy paste those url's it works, and when you look ath the last one, the first image is visible . Anyways. Nice scenery eh! Is that 3rd to last one where you were just going "cruising speed" then stopped
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/09/04 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
Once you copy paste those url's it works, and when you look ath the last one, the first image is visible . Anyways. Nice scenery eh! Is that 3rd to last one where you were just going "cruising speed" then stopped

A big affirmative on the cruisin' stop, good buddy.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/09/04 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

A big affirmative on the cruisin' stop, good buddy.

not the only place, i got some pictures of us stopped on my cardomain account.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/12/04 11:35 PM
http://photos.yahoo.com/liquidjesus2000 the folder you want is JuneRun2004.

I will put the pics up in a better place when I get home so you can all see larger pics than the crappy downsizing Yahoo does.
I will put the pics up in a better place when I get home so you can all see larger pics than the crappy downsizing Yahoo does.

Excellent. I see many background shots there. Full size please!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/13/04 12:13 AM
I can send you the entire rar file of the original full size pics if you want. 37 MB. Most of the pics are 1800xXXX depending on the format I took the pictures in.
That would be beautiful. Do you use ICQ or Yahoo Messenger?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: NW CEG meet and HWY 20 run June 26th - 07/13/04 12:26 AM
I use them all, but I will have to do it when I get home in about 30 minutes...if you will be online in 45 minutes or so, I can send it you.

Yahoo ID is liquidjesus2000 and my ICQ # is 40650478.

MSN - beowulf@drizzle.com

AIM I use for work, so I dont generally give that one out.

I changed the archive from RAR to ZIP hoping that it would get smaller, but no joy. It is 38MB, not 37.
© CEG Archives