Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GrooveNerd Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/25/04 09:47 PM
Anyone wanna try again for a meet on Sunday? Like maybe 4-ish?

Marty
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/25/04 10:10 PM
I'd be down as long as gas isn't at $3 a gallon by then.
Posted By: Focer Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/26/04 03:04 AM
I am moving on Sunday but, I will try my hardest. If there are some springs waiting for me well then, I'd be there for sure!

But, yeah I would really like to meet up.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/26/04 03:44 AM
Im down. And yes i will have some springs in my trunk . I will be able to hang out for a while, but i gotta be back down in Eugene for a party! Hopefully we get some sun this weekend! Also if anyone is interested, i have a SVT flywheel(needs resurfaced) and a trunk with an aluminum wing on it for sale.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/26/04 04:12 AM
Man, it seems like everytime you guys meet up I already have plans. Oh well, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here & I am going to try to get in on one of these meets very soon.
Marty- Since I saw your car at the auto show I just can't stop thinking about lowering my car. Then Toby has to go & get a new kit for his car . You guys are killing me.

Aaron
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/26/04 05:16 AM
Hey, sounds like we've got some takers! That's cool!

Aaron -- just DROP IT! You know you want to. Your car wants to be lower too! Listen, you can hear it say "I'll handle MUCH better for you! Plus, I'll look even cooler!" Hehe! No pressure or anything... Hopefully you can make it to another meet soon too!

I'm in the process of re-contenting my inside door handle lights. I have the wires for the RH rear hooked up so far. I'm still waiting on two more bulbs. They want $2.75 a piece for those dinky bulbs from Ford! And they're not a US standard bulb, naturally, so I can't just got to Schucks or somewhere and get 'em. Oh well, it's gonna look pretty cool. Speaking of pretty cool, I just ordered some of the clear side marker turn lights from BAT today -- they should be here in a week or so. w00t! Cheap thrills!

Oh, as an added incentive to show up for the meet, I'll have a couple of sets of pre-98 sail panels available for purchase.

Marty
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/26/04 06:54 PM
Hey i might be able to make this meet depending on location.
Also interested in a set of those sail panels. Price??
And I finally got a filter for the intake and droped that in last weekend looking pretty good.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 05:19 AM
Ten bucks a pair for the sail panels. They're used, but in great shape, and I washed 'em up all purdy. I have both the inside and outside parts.

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 06:23 AM
So were meetin on sun. At 4ish? What about location?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 07:34 AM
Does Clackamas Town Center sound okay? Any other preferences?

Marty
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 04:55 PM
I may have a good shot to make this one. Do not have the MSDS in yet, but at least I found someone with the time and tools that's willing to skin their knuckles and curse in frustration taking on the install job.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 05:19 PM
Sounds good to me, i just would need some directions because i still dont know my way around p-town to well.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 05:38 PM
Clackamas Town Center is a BIG mall just barely off I-205 at the Sunnyside Road exit. If you are northbound and get to the Johnson Creek exit, you've gone too far.

Toby, how do you like your transmission upgrades?
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 05:42 PM
Am I going to be the only non-SVT to show up?

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 07:03 PM
Don't gripe about being the only non-SVT there. You'd still have the quickest 1/4 mile car to show up.

(Must be from better traction. Isn't that bottle in your trunk for ballast?)
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/27/04 11:00 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Don't gripe about being the only non-SVT there. You'd still have the quickest 1/4 mile car to show up.

(Must be from better traction. Isn't that bottle in your trunk for ballast?)

The better traction comes from the Quaife,
the bottle does not provide much ballast when its empty.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 05:55 AM
The transmission upgrades are doing fine, i will know when i autocross in June . But otherwise everything seems fine, i can tell when i go around corners, i havent squealed the tires yet though, might have to this weekend. I am very satisfied. But, like anyother tuner, i will be adding more mods . Its a drug man, and im an addict!

Hey Marty, u know if Qbert will be able to make it?

Woogie, ya u need to make it out to a meet soon! Havent seen ya since last June. Yes you should lower your car .

How many people does everyone think will make it to this meet?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 06:18 AM
The parking lot we met at before is the one just to the east of the first entrance with a traffic signal west of I-205 on Sunnyside Rd. Get on Sunnyside Rd. westbound from I-205 and turn right at the first signal into the mall parking lot. Look for us in the parking lot just to the right as you're driving in.

I'm not sure if Rob's gonna make it or not. I saw him two or three weeks ago with his Focus at the Friday night drags. I think he posted on here a couple of weeks ago that he might make it to a meet soon.

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 03:56 PM
I'll try to be out there. No plans that I know of. Someone cracked my rear bumper though so I have to drive the car in shame until it's fixed. Actually you can hardly see where it is cracked because it is kind of in the contour of the bumper. Anyway, what's the plan? Just hang out?
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 07:31 PM
i get oof work at 5:30 or so if you all plan on hangin for a while ill mob on down. be there by six probably earlier. I will take a pair of those sail pannels for sure.
Posted By: Focer Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 07:59 PM
Sweet sounds like good times! Cant wait.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 08:48 PM
Got anymore sail panels available?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/28/04 11:27 PM
Sounds like only one set of sail panels is taken, which means I've got one left for you too. NOW they're both gone.

As far as doing anything, umm, maybe food, or go-karts or something if anyone's interested? I dunno -- any ideas?

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/29/04 01:20 AM
Oh yeah I've been waiting for this very moment........

BEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Anyone up for a meet on Sunday? - 05/30/04 05:53 AM
Well, i just wanna make sure what time where meetin. I know it was about 4ish, but i just wanna make sure that everyones meetin there most likely bout 4. Sorry, just checkin! Hopefully its nice tommoroW!
Posted By: SVTwa Re: meet on Sunday - 05/30/04 05:03 PM
doesnt look like i can make it gotta work till 6 now. every one enjoy and i hope the weather is nice. marty we will have to hook up later for those sail panels if ya still got um maybe next weekend.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: meet on Sunday - 05/30/04 08:08 PM
Yup, I'll be there around 4:00! Sorry ya gotta work late, Mike. I'll save a pair of sail panels for you though. See everyone at four!

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: meet on Sunday - 05/30/04 10:57 PM
Damn Missed another one

I'll make it down one of these days
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: meet on Sunday - 05/31/04 01:59 AM
With the Contour???
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: meet on Sunday - 05/31/04 08:56 PM
One of these days.
Posted By: Focer Re: meet on Sunday - 06/01/04 11:18 PM
Were's the pics?
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: meet on Sunday - 06/02/04 01:48 AM
Nice meeting everybody again and for the first time.
Pics?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: meet on Sunday - 06/03/04 07:01 AM
Hey, sorry, I've been super-busy the last few days. I'll shrink some of the pictures that I took to postable size. Can anyone host them? PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them to ya. Thanks!

Anyway, it was a pretty good mini-meet! Nice to see everyone again. Toby, your car's lookin' sweeet! How're your springs and struts coming, Jesse? (Did I spell your name right?)

Anyone going to PIR this weekend to see that Contour guy race? I think he was gonna be in town this weekend...

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: meet on Sunday - 06/03/04 04:48 PM
I just go my strut bearings in today and got my struts the day before so I am all ready to install. I am planning on doing it on saturday but, if the shop gets slow maybe sooner.

Posted By: LuckySVT Re: meet on Sunday - 06/03/04 10:38 PM
Hey, yea it was a fun meet, and good weather! I dont think i will make it up to see that guy race at PIR, I would relly like to though. But i have a LOT of grad parties to hit up this weekend and an AutoX.
© CEG Archives