Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Focer I got my car! - 05/01/04 08:09 AM
About time. I finally got my csvt today. I am very impressed with this car for now but, my mind as all ready going on what my first mod will be. Huh I guess some things never change... Anyways I took a few quick pice and I'll post them below.

OR: Imagestation
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: I got my car! - 05/01/04 09:15 AM
WOW looks real good cant wait to see your first mods
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: I got my car! - 05/01/04 03:12 PM
Suburban Auto Group? Don't they make the trunk monkey?

LOL, I don't know if it'll work now, but it did a few weeks ago
Focer, did you get your own monkey or was it an option?
Posted By: auiotour Re: I got my car! - 05/01/04 04:30 PM
hope you are showing to our meet today!!!
Posted By: Focer Re: I got my car! - 05/01/04 05:31 PM
LOL. Yes we do have a fine selection of the rare trunk monkey in stock. No I didnt have to buy the monkey, they through one in as an option for a employee deal.

I dont think I am going to be able to meet up with you guys today because my dealership is having their car show today. It's a pretty big deal up there.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: I got my car! - 05/01/04 10:57 PM
You going to tell us what an employee pays for such a fine automobile like this
Posted By: Focer Re: I got my car! - 05/02/04 02:12 AM
maybe...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: I got my car! - 05/02/04 04:19 AM
Nah I was jorking. Is it stock and have you named her?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: I got my car! - 05/02/04 04:51 AM
Right on, dude! Congrats on gettin' such a nice car!

Yeah, I saw a whole bunch of sweet cars coming down Hwy 26 from Sandy this afternoon, and I figured they must be having a show at the dealership.

I'll send you a PM with my cell number -- gimme a call if you want to meet up and say "hi" sometime. I work in Gresham. I have some plugs to fix the throttle hang problem if you want one. Takes like 60 seconds or so to install, and it makes the car much more driveable. Enjoy the new car!

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: I got my car! - 05/02/04 07:45 PM
Yeah, no name yet. Maybe I'll come up with one after we get to know each other better. lol.

Marty I'd really like to get one of thoughs. I have noticed that the throttle hangs for a second befor comming back down.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: I got my car! - 05/03/04 10:31 PM
same here what is the deal with that? problem? where can i get the fix? Got my csvt 6mo ago and found out about the site from someone who flagged me down by damons sports bar in janzen beach.
Posted By: Focer Re: I got my car! - 05/03/04 11:28 PM
SVTwa, I was talking to GrooveNerd and he said that there is a fix for that. It's some type of plug...? I dont know anything more than that but, maybe the 3 of us should meet up this weekend somewhere. I would really like to fix that.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: I got my car! - 05/03/04 11:50 PM
might be able to work something out keep me posted
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: I got my car! - 05/04/04 01:47 AM
Check this out, in the FAQs:
Throttle Hang Fix
I've got it done and there's no going back! If it idles rough when it's cold just enlarge the hole a tiny bit until it is smooth.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: I got my car! - 05/04/04 02:36 AM
Yea Marty helped me out with that mod, thanks again marty! Im gettin some coilovers also with my new set up . Cant wait till a big meet comes on up and i can show ya!
Posted By: Focer Re: I got my car! - 05/04/04 04:13 AM
We should just organize a meet for this saturday... say around 2:00pm some where downtown.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/04/04 05:17 AM
Hey, yeah, I'd be up for a mini-meet this Saturday afternoon. Any idea where downtown? I was thinkin' maybe Clackamas or Gateway or something would work better than downtown, as far as finding somewhere to hang out, without having to pay for parking and stuff. Plus they are just off of a freeway too, for easy access, and hopefully less crowded. But yeah, that should be fun, either way! Sounds like three so far -- anyone else interested in meeting up?

Your car's gonna be uber-cool when you're done Toby! You're prolly not gonna want to sell it after the Quaife, coil-overs and everything! I can't wait to see it!

Marty
Posted By: contour_r_us Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/04/04 07:24 PM
Yes, this sounds good. What time and place are we coming up with? Can I bring a non-'tour? It will still be from Europe (my GTI) ;-)
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/04/04 10:50 PM
Yea im not sellin it, well not for a while at least! lol. Anyways id be down to meet up with u guys on sat. but i gots my last and final prom to go to on sat. We be rolling to prom in a stretch navigator limo . Ill take some pics. anyways hope the weather holds up nicely!
Posted By: Focer Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 12:41 AM
Maybe sunday then?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 01:16 AM
I'll try and be there! (Yes from the long lost abyss)
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 05:35 AM
Rob, how ya doin? Hows the SVT comin along? decided on what ur gunna do with it yet?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 06:35 AM
DOOOOD! ROB! You're like, alive and stuff! Long time, no hear! Glad to see ya back. How's it goin'? How's your 'Tour? Is it alive again?

I hope your prom goes well for ya, Toby! Rollin' in tha Navigator! Would you be able to come to the meet if we moved it to Sunday?

Would anyone NOT be able to come if we moved it to Sunday? If people have already made plans around meeting on Saturday, we should prolly just leave it for then.

Yes, we'll let Nontours come too. You can bring the GTI.

Any ideas on location? What about the SE corner parking lot of Clackamas Town Center? Pretty large and open, and shouldn't be crowded. Hmmmm... Maybe we can head over to SyKart later on and run a few laps in the go-karts?...

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 04:06 PM
I'm up for anything. Yep the Contour has been running for a while now. I'm trying to sell it so my wife and I can get into a house. I really don't want to because I like the car a lot! But something has to give.
Posted By: Focer Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 07:15 PM
The Town Center sounds great. I will definatly go and I am ok with either day.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 10:06 PM
depending on what time either day might work for me. thiswould be the first meet for me havent really got to check out anyone elses cars
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/05/04 10:44 PM
Yea im sure i could make it sunday. I will let u know by tommorow, but if everyone can only make it sat. dont go outta the way to make it on sun. But if its gunna be sun im pretty sure i could make it. Just lemme know a time. I should get the car back by Fri! If not, well then u know how it goes .
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/06/04 07:15 AM
Toby brought up a good point in another post -- the fact that Sunday is Mother's Day. If we met at like 3 or 4, would that give everyone who wants to enough time to have lunch or something with Mum? Would it have to be later or earlier for anyone?

I hope they get your car finished on Friday, Toby -- I didn't think it would be done already! That'd be way-cool!

Marty
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/06/04 06:05 PM
maybe if it was closer to 5 and that might be if'y for me but dont just plan around me
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/06/04 11:28 PM
5 would work for me. Is that okay with everyone else? Anyone want/need to meet earlier, and those who can stick around past 5 do so?

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: Saturday MINI-MEet - 05/07/04 01:49 AM
Sounds good to me, I'll be there.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: MINI-MEet - 05/07/04 07:04 PM
i will shoot for 5 and we did agree on sunday right?
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: MINI-MEet - 05/07/04 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if I'll have my car back in time to go on either Saturday or Sunday but I'm interested. Along with the karts over in that neighborhood, there's also the slot racing track place on 82nd a block or three north of Harmony/Sunnyside.

This weekend the front Konis are finally going in. I'm STILL looking for someone that's willing to tackle installing a set of MSDS exhaust manifolds, I figure I can afford that.

Also talked to the shop that did/is doing Toby's Quaife install, but that's still a higher total with adding a clutch/flywheel than I can swing along with a honeymoon to pay for this summer.

Rob, I can almost identify with the house purchase priorities. That may be me next spring.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 03:31 AM
Well i got the quaife back and the tranny has been rebuiltly. It has been shipped back down here to Eugene and the clutch and coilovers are all in the shop down here in ZXEugene. The ssqhop that my car is at just recieved my new Unorthodox Flywheel this friday after noon and will have my ENTIRE car done by monday. Unforchantly it will not be done this weekenmhd, so i will not be able yto attend the meet this(mothers day)ad sunday . Sorry Marty and Rob, etc.! But the next meet my car will be running and i will be able to attenasd. Show the newbies my ride, well now that i think abouxt it, i am sorta a newbie too. Sorry about the weirds smessage but its a guys night out andf we are havin a parmty! . ill repost tommoeows mornin.
Posted By: Focer Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 05:48 AM
Lol, been there before!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 07:05 PM
Yup -- 5pm on Sunday.

Sorry to hear you're not gonna make to this one, Toby. At least it sounds like you had a good party last night! I hope your prom goes well too!

Hopefully you'll get your Konis done by Sunday, Bob. Glad you found someone to do them!

See everyone on Sunday!

Marty

Posted By: Focer Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 07:14 PM
What stores are close to the side that we are meeting at?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 07:32 PM
Umm, I THINK it's Meier & Frank, but I'm not positive. I'm planning on being in the large parking lot on Sunnyside Rd., just to the right of the first main entrance from I-205. There are signal lights there. Turn into the mall, then make a right as soon as possible and we should be in the lot on your right. I think there is one entrance you can get to only from I-205 Southbound though, and avoid all the traffic lights. If you take that one, we should be in the large lot on your left, and not the smaller one to your right.

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 08:15 PM
Whats up? Well i hope you all have fun at the meet, it looks like it will be a rainy one! And have a good Mothers Day everyone! Take some pics at the meet, wanna see some tours!
Posted By: Focer Re: MINI-MEet - 05/08/04 10:24 PM
Ok I know where you are talking about. Se ya there!
© CEG Archives