Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Thecontour May meets - 04/30/04 10:19 PM
Hey guys any meets comin up in mid to end of may?? if not we should have one.
Posted By: auiotour Re: May meets - 04/30/04 10:42 PM
May 1st, is the next week, tomorrow night, bahama breeze at South Center Mall, in Tukwilla, WA. We are meeting there and then going to Hot Import Nights in Seattle.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: May meets - 05/01/04 03:15 PM
C'mon wait till June. My car will be alive by then.......I hope . I really don't know if there is enough support to have one nearly every month. Just my .02
Posted By: LateralFace Re: May meets - 05/03/04 09:10 AM
AHHHHH!!!! I have missed yet another meet! I need to get on the ball here. I have been off the forums for quite awhile because of various reasons, but now I am back and I am going to make every effort to make the June meet. See you guys there.
Posted By: ContourRacer77 Re: May meets - 05/04/04 02:21 AM
Well there might be enough maybe to have one a month.
Posted By: Focer Re: May meets - 05/04/04 04:11 AM
I'd be down!
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: May meets - 05/04/04 07:07 AM
I am in.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/04/04 10:42 PM
IM down for the middle of may sometime. I have graduation going on towards the end of the month so i will be really busy and most likely wont be able to attend anything then.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 01:29 AM
Well the 21-23 weekend is no good for me any other fri or sat works for me
Posted By: ContourRacer77 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 01:42 AM
Well if there is this much interest we should do it.
Posted By: js139 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 03:18 AM
I am glad to see that there is alot of interest in having a meet in June. I will say that there will definitely be one and hopefully all of you saying you will be there can make it with all those there from the last one. I think that would make for a good sized and awesome meet. N-e-ways, the target is for the 12-13 or 19-20 of June. Plan on it being one of those days and if everyone has a preference, jump in and post it so we can take it into consideration. By then, it should be getting nicer and we can go for a nice drive as well(if everyone is down). Keep posting thoughts and ideas.
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 04:29 AM
All I can say is...next meet should be in Vancouver, BC!!

By then I'll have new brakes. We can go for a drive, etc.

What say you? I think the Portland guys should come up too.

I'd like to see 15 cars this time.

Kerry
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: May meets - 05/05/04 05:29 AM
Originally posted by kerrychin:

Kerry

I'm sure most would be up for that Kerry. If we give it some time, we can plan best what to do and allow for the most possible. End of june but preferred July would be great! Awesome weather and scenery is spectacular then!
Not too far considering how far some of the Eastern Americans go to get to the meets (4-8 hours!)

How was Seattle?

Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/05/04 05:30 AM
Id be down for a Vancuver BC run! And im allll the way down here in Euegene!
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 06:31 AM
I'd be up for that as well. I'll just make sure and buy gas before I cross the border. Hopefully my secondaries are working by then!
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
Originally posted by kerrychin:

Kerry

I'm sure most would be up for that Kerry. If we give it some time, we can plan best what to do and allow for the most possible. End of june but preferred July would be great! Awesome weather and scenery is spectacular then!
Not too far considering how far some of the Eastern Americans go to get to the meets (4-8 hours!)

How was Seattle?

Why not?

We've been talking about this for 3 years. 15 cars is just a target, I'm not saying it won't happen unless 15 people join.

Let's give it a chance before saying it can't happen.

Kerry
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: May meets - 05/05/04 02:59 PM
Oh no I'm not presuming no one will come. I just prefer July . Yeah I've only been here for some 1.356654 years and didn't know there's never been a Van city meet yet . As long as it;s not June 18-20 all is good, and I'll make sure I'm there!!!
Sorry for the confusion

Originally posted by shotwell:
I'd be up for that as well. I'll just make sure and buy gas before I cross the border. Hopefully my secondaries are working by then!

Yeah, I'll be crossing the border to get my gas on the way to the meet!!!
I got it at 1.99 in Sumas the other day which is 70cents/litre
Where it is 85-90/litre in my town. Times that by 50 Litres and that's 10 BUCKS
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: May meets - 05/05/04 03:55 PM
I would be down for a BC meet. It's not to far away only like 4 hrs. Lets make it happen. Even if only you guys up there and me are the only one's (witch I know we wont)
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/05/04 05:11 PM
I should be able to make it up for that. I'd prefer the 12/13th though, since I have something going on the 18-20th already. Would that work for everyone else?

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: May meets - 05/05/04 07:19 PM
Pick a date in advance and I'll be there too!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/05/04 10:39 PM
yea, a date would be cool.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/06/04 02:33 AM
DOH! Just remembered, Mother's Day is this sunday! Almost forgot about that! Looks like i wont be able to make it, but i might be able to though, depending on what time everyone is meeting up.
Posted By: LateralFace Re: May meets - 05/06/04 10:07 AM
As long as we meet early (nightjob) I am up for it. No memorial day weekend for me though. And I probably wont be able to make any Vancouver meets in the near future(need to spend money on parts, not gas!). An early June meet would be great for me.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/18/04 03:25 AM
HEY, just wondering if there are any meets planned for the end of May or in June,July sometime? I heard of a possible large meet in Van City? . Might be a good idea to plan now if any big meets are gunna go down. My car is runnin great, just need a reason to run her over a long distance .
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/18/04 03:53 AM
Yeah, we need to pin down some kinda date and location soon, 'cause the weekends are gonna fill up fast from here on out! This doesn't have to be the "Big One" of the summer or anything, but hopefully we can get a pretty decent turnout. Hey, we all gotta check out Toby's GCs and stuff! We could even do another smaller meet in Portland too, since there were only three of us at the last one. Maybe hit the kart track too. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to a meet though -- my car's been asking to go somewhere other than just around town anyway... "Damn the gas prices -- FULL SPEED AHEAD!!! "

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/18/04 05:29 AM
Yea thatd be cool Marty, i dont think i have anything goin on this weekend actually. But i also wanted to ask you how you mounted your liscence plate on ur bumper. Did u take brackets or something and mount them to the bottom of your front bumper? I would kinda like to do somehting like that.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/18/04 06:28 AM
For my bracket, I just used some 1"x1" (I think) aluminum angle (90 degree). I cut it a little longer than the license plate hole spacing, painted it black, and screwed it up under the bumper where the holes won't show if I take it off again. I put it as far back as I could without the plate hitting the lower part of the bumper, leaving a little room for flexing in the wind at speed. I used 3-4 #10 self-tapping screws to hold the bracket to the bumper, and a couple of nice stainless steel screws/nuts for the plate. I just have screws in the top two holes of the plate. I was kinda worried about it bending from the wind at highway speed, but it hasn't yet -- at least not permanently!

I don't think I'm doing anything yet Sat. or Sun. afternoon, although I am busy Sat. night ~8. I should have some of that aluminum left yet -- maybe I can make another bracket... Could even mount it at a meet with a cordless drill...

Marty
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: May meets - 05/18/04 06:46 AM
I would be up to a meet down in OR but if its this weekend I am a no go.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/19/04 01:18 AM
Yea, Maybe next weekend we could work something up. But if people can make it this weekend sometime thats cool too. Marty that would be really cool, i would go to Home Depot and buy some screws to bring up.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/20/04 05:15 AM
Yeah, this weekend or next would work for me. I dunno how many people would want to/be able to come, so I don't know if one weekend would be better than another. Anyone else besides Toby and myself be interested in getting together this weekend or next? Looks like we've got one vote against this weekend, and one against next weekend, and two for either one. Anyone else?

Toby -- I found the rest of the aluminum angle that I used for my bracket. I should be able to cut another one up and drill it this week. Hold off on the screws for now -- there's a great hardware store up here who's fastener department puts Home Depot to shame. Most of the screws Home Depot has are flatblade, not Philips. Flatblade screws suck. I'll try and swing by this other store and get some good Philips stainless screws -- at least for holding the license plate to the bracket.

I think my IMRC module died today. Grrrr...

Marty
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: May meets - 05/20/04 06:08 AM
Ok so plans have now changed If we want to have one this weekend on sat I am in. Just let me know where to go as I dont know Portland that well.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/20/04 06:28 AM
Plans have changed for me too, though if we have a meet this sat. I would preferably like to meet at noon or 1. I am going to the coast on sat later on in the day, around 4 or 5. If not, then maybe next time for me! Thats no good Marty!

Qbert, u still have the tour?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: May meets - 05/20/04 06:57 AM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
Most of the screws Home Depot has are flatblade, not Philips. Flatblade screws suck.

Sorry to stray, but Philips screws suck equally as much as flathead. They both slip when needing to screw down hard. Robertson (aka Square head) are the best for torque. I use these both and having 4 deep sides as opposed to 2 or 4 angled sides makes a better grip. Glad I live where they have them at Home Depot
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/21/04 05:53 AM
Yeah, the square head ones are definately good. At least with a Philips (or anything better than that) the driver stays centered in the fastener. I hate driving flatblade screws and having the driver just slide out of the screw. It's amazing how many places/things still use flatblade screws... We have the square drive screws at Home Depot here too, but I don't know if they have anything but drywall-type in that style.

I got the bracket cut, I just need to drill holes in it.

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/21/04 06:27 AM
Hey thanks a lot Marty, i appreciate u doin that for me. So dont really have any plans for this weekend?Maybe Sunday? Also for future reference, i believe there is a Grand Touring Racing thingy up at PIR on June the 5th and 6th? Sat. and Sun. I think if i can i would like to catch the one on sun. I went to HIN in Seattle and there was an SVT at the show that runs in the competition. He told me hed be at it, i think he posted here somewhere on the NW forum. Anyways i just thought id let some people know about it that live in OR.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: May meets - 05/21/04 06:49 AM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
but I don't know if they have anything but drywall-type in that style.

Keep up the good work. I'll be glad to see how and where you put it. Weird tho, we typically use philips for drywall and robertson for everything else...

Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/21/04 10:02 AM
Yeah, Sunday afternoon would work. Anyone else wanna meet up then? Maybe 4:00? Earlier? Later?

That would be cool to go check out that Contour car racing at PIR. The driver did post on here a week or two ago.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing much other than drywall and regular wood screws being offered around here in square drive. Not machine screws, anyway. They may be here, but you'd probably have to go to a specialty hardware store to find them. Hmmm.

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/22/04 01:55 AM
Sounds good, earlier would work best for me. I dunno how early for the rest of u? 2 or 3?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/22/04 09:13 AM
2 or 3 would work for me. Is anyone else interested in coming?

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: May meets - 05/22/04 06:49 PM
@ PIR???
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/23/04 03:14 AM
Not at PIR, just around town somewhere. We could just meet at the same place we did a couple of weeks ago at Clackamas Town Center: the parking lot just to the east of the first entrance with a traffic signal west of I-205 on Sunnyside Rd. That sounds kinda confusing... Anyway, it's not hard to find. If the weather's nasty like today, I think there are a couple of covered parking structures we could go to nearby. I won't be online 'til really early tomorrow morning, but if anyone has any other ideas on where to meet or anything, just post 'em here.

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/23/04 04:48 AM
2 would work best for me. I think its supposed to be nice tommorow! Common u newbies, i wanna see ur cars! Anyone else interested? Hey mArty whats ur cell? If anything comes up and i need to bail, i would like to be able to call ya and let u know.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: May meets - 05/23/04 06:48 AM
Hey i know i JUST posted, but unforchantly family issues came up for sun. I really wanted to meet up with some of your guys but i guess not this weekend. Perhaps next weekend sometime? Sorry!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: May meets - 05/23/04 08:20 AM
Oh bummer. Well, anyone else coming? Should we just try for next weekend?

Marty
© CEG Archives