Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: tjbugs1 New to the club, new to a contour - 02/18/04 09:29 AM
Hay Whatâ??s up everyone?

I'm a new bee to the contour revolution and I have lots of plans for the car, after I have seen what can be done to it.
I live in Spanaway; itâ??s about 15-20 mins south of Tacoma.
My Contour is the 1996 duratec V6 5 Speed. This car is amazing. I use to make fun of contours but after driving this one I will never again.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/18/04 05:05 PM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Hay What’s up everyone?

I'm a new bee to the contour revolution and I have lots of plans for the car, after I have seen what can be done to it.
I live in Spanaway; it’s about 15-20 mins south of Tacoma.
My Contour is the 1996 duratec V6 5 Speed. This car is amazing. I use to make fun of contours but after driving this one I will never again.

Drive an SVT and you'll never look back . Well at least when they're running .

Wlecome to the club though! I'm sure if you stick around long enough you'll catch up with us at a meet or something.
Posted By: DDV Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/18/04 08:01 PM
Welcome!

"We've" had a few meets so far, some of them very successful, some so-so. But, I think as the weather gets nicer, more of us will come out of our cabins.

js139 and auiotour have been the leaders in getting the Western WA Contours together. And Lance is in this neck-o-the-woods too.
Posted By: ContourRacer77 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/18/04 09:22 PM
Hey man,

Where abouts in Spanaway do you live? I live in Graham so it is not to far away. Welcome to the club!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 01:02 AM
Welcome! Glad you like the contour . You should come to any future meets we are having, meet most of the people on the NW. Well, till then! See ya.
Posted By: mcfast Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 01:23 AM
Wlecome to the club.
Posted By: auiotour Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 02:15 AM
welcome, i live about 45 minutes north of yea, if you ever wanna meet up, just a few of us or something PM my way.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 02:18 AM
Welcome to the CEG family! It sounds like you really enjoy your car. If you get a chance to go to any of the meets I highly recomend you go. All of the people are great & they can be an amazing source of info. for our cars. I think the NWCEG is great.
I guess I may be a little biased.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 02:41 AM
Welcome!

Just don't do to your Contour what I did today.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 05:00 PM
Holy NW CEG enthusiam in this thread batman! I haven't seen this many different members respond to a single thread in a long time. Way to show the new guy a welcome guys!

Wow, that sucks Beo! I've concidered doing a CAI, but that is taking it a little to the extreme, I hope you can work the wrinkles out of that prototype.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/19/04 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Qbert:
Wow, that sucks Beo! I've concidered doing a CAI, but that is taking it a little to the extreme, I hope you can work the wrinkles out of that prototype.

Yeah, I failed to properly compute the coefficent of drag, especially from the side and yesterday when I was driving with some side winds, she really got squirrely.

I should know today how bad the repair estimate will be.
Posted By: js139 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/20/04 08:36 PM
Hey welcome to the group. Congrats on the Contour. We love getting new blood in here. Liven things up a little. Besides, newbees are fun to pick on. anyways, I think we are looking to have a meet next month at Southcenter mall. Somewhere around the 12 or 13. it is still TBA. Once again, welcome.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/21/04 12:03 AM
Thanks to all of you! Love the car and cant wate for my first meet
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/21/04 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Welcome!

Just don't do to your Contour what I did today.

Ouchy!
Sorry about the car, although I did enjoy your captions.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: New to the club, new to a contour - 02/21/04 03:31 PM
Welcome! I currently reside in Bonney lake, but am moving to orting in a couple weeks. Our paths may cross some day, but for some reason I am never able to make it to meets.
© CEG Archives