Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/26/04 09:01 PM
Lets do this people. Sorry about the holdup, between class, work, and sleep there isn't enough time in the day. This is for going to the Autoshow on Saturday, February 7th! Doors open at 10am, so lets meet up at a parking lot at about 9:30am. Too early you say, nah, drag your lazy butts out of bed!

I believe this meens that the Seattle peeps would have to leave around 7am, so that isn't too bad. We should be into the autoshow by 10:30am. If I remember correctly from last time we spent about 2 hours or 2.5hrs in there. That is pretty much what it takes to see most things and sit in quite a few. We could then join back up around 1pm, go get some Pizza or something like that (we had BJ's last time). After lunch we can go do some go-karting either at Sykart or Hottracks. This will pretty much end the day because by the time we will be done karting it will be close to 5 and probably time for the Seattle / out of towners to get on the road again.

Let me know how this sounds. We don't have much time to debate so lets here those opinions on the above and get it scheduled.

Here's a link to the autoshow information page, it is $8 to get in.

http://www.paragonexpo.com/portland/2informat.asp

Go Karting will be about $15 per session. And figure food at around $10 a person. Go-karting is obviously optional so is everything else for that matter, but this ought to give you guys a heads up on what you're looking to spend.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/26/04 09:09 PM
So which is it...January or February??

I'm in for the lot. I might even drive the Contour!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/26/04 09:29 PM
SON OF A $%*)(. FIXED!

Get back to work and stop bugging me!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 01:39 AM
Qbert, Im down. Sounds like a lot of fun! And if u need any help with this event(planning) just lemme know! And im still tryin to get ahold of SVT owners down here, and tryin to convince em to go to the show!
Posted By: Kman Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 05:19 AM
Yep, guess I'll have to set the alarm. Oh well..

Count me in...

Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 06:28 AM
get some more WA peeps to come down with you! That would be cool!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 08:58 AM
I'm there!

Marty
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 06:44 PM
I should be available that day,
hope I'm not the only non-SVT guy.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 08:06 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
I should be available that day,
hope I'm not the only non-SVT guy.

The way my car has been going lately, I may be non-SVT. Hell I may be non-Contour.

/begin blatant bragging
I might be my lowly 2.3L Focus. That's ok though, I'll still have the advantage in accelaration on probably everyone there, except Sleeper if he hits the N2O. Don't worry, once 105 mph comes up you guys will catch me.
/end blatant bragging
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/27/04 11:53 PM
Maybe. I will talk with the GFU and see if she is willing to go down. She is a bit of a gearhead, so it might not be too difficult.

7Am? Holy [censored] jesus christ on a pogo stick. 7Am? *faints*
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Maybe. I will talk with the GFU and see if she is willing to go down. She is a bit of a gearhead, so it might not be too difficult.

Well you could leave about 8:45 and have the SVT maxed out the whole way down.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Qbert:
Originally posted by Beowulf:

Well you could leave about 8:45 and have the SVT maxed out the whole way down.

Give me your SVT and pay my tickets and we have a deal.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Kman:
Yep...Count me in...

Keith!
When did you reappear?!

I'd love to attend, but I have a birthing class that I can't miss... Since my wife decided to carry the baby, the least I can do is devote a couple weekends toward making things happen right
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
Yep...Count me in...

Keith!
When did you reappear?!

I'd love to attend, but I have a birthing class that I can't miss... Since my wife decided to carry the baby, the least I can do is devote a couple weekends toward making things happen right

CONGRATS Sadeeq! Man, a mini Sadeeq running around, who would have thought .

I'm sure we'll meet up that direction sometime during the year. Would love to see the new car.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 07:41 PM
I just remembered, I believe my motorcyle course is that weekend.

We will see.
Posted By: Outback Gal_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Sadeeq:

Sadeeq, when is your wife due? I meant to send you a PM and ask if something was up when you made the carseat comment when looking at new cars. Looks like the NWCEG is going to get a couple new additions as Lance and I are having our first at the end of April. I swear ours is going to be born with Lance's lead foot the way she kicks!

=) Christy
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/28/04 09:39 PM
Holy crap...there are mini CEG'ers everywhere! Congrats people, keep populating the board!
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/29/04 04:12 PM
We're working on the CEG little league team!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/29/04 04:52 PM
Ok, GOING ONCE...GOING TWICE...Date and time are set! I heard no objections so this is it!

Saturday February 7th, 9:30-10am.

I'll try and think of a place to meet. Right now I'm thinking about the Lloyd Theater parking lot, just across the street from the Lloyd center. If it is rainy, we may try just going into the Lloyd Center's garage for a while to bs about cars and such. Then just hop the MAX down to the convention center or just walk.

What I need from you guys --

-- Roll call ASAP! Tell me how many people INCLUDING yourself will be with you.

-- Suggestions for places to eat.

-- Let me know if you plan on going karting after lunch.

What I, or if someone wants to volunteer, will get done --

-- Try and pick up some $2 off coupons from the dealerships, though I don't know which dealerships are offering this right now.

-- Making some sort of reservations at the place for lunch and possibly the go-kart track. (fewer then 8 and I wouldn't bother with either).

-- Map and directions to the meeting place still to be determined (pretty likely it will be as stated above though unless some divine intervention helps me think of a better place)

Still open for suggestions concerning the meet, but the baseline details are locked into place now. If you plan on caravaning (for the Seattle people if there are any coming) please do so in a different thread.

If you do say you are coming and you end up not coming please try and post something, message me, or call me if you have my number. I don't care if it is only 1 hour before the meet, it helps to know so we know we aren't waiting on someone. Obviously you won't be beaten if you don't, but it would be nice.

Only a tad over a week away so don't drag your feet.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/29/04 04:58 PM
Count me out, my MC course is definitely that weekend.

Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/30/04 04:25 AM
Sorry to hear that Beowulf, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun doing that though.

Ok, one more thing. I have an extra CEG callendar up for grabs. I'm thinking whoever has the fastest lap time while go-karting gets it for free!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 01/31/04 09:13 AM
Hey Qbert count me in. Tony Romas? Mongolian Grill? Just suggestions, i dont really care where we eat. I am also down for karting afterwards. Also I will look into getting coupons for the autoshow. If i bring anyone it will only be one person. Also I am trying to get ahold of some people down here in Eugene(with SVT's) and try and convince em to come up. Hey i might even have my new carbon fiber hood installed by then! We will see. I look forward to the meet and hopefully sunny skies? Common seattle people! Lets see dem contours!
Posted By: auiotour Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/01/04 05:57 AM
ahh [censored], sure why not. where are the seattle people meeting to drive down.
Posted By: Kman Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/01/04 05:03 PM
Here's one from Seattle. I'm planning on making the drive.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/03/04 02:12 AM
Hey Qbert, I am bringing one person with me and he would be down with karting. Also is the time, date, and location set for sure? And you wouldnt know which dealerships would be participating in giving away the coupons to the portland show would you?

Can't wait to see your new set up marty!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/03/04 02:33 AM
I guess the coupons are only good for Thursday and Friday. McDonalds is also giving them away so I'll swing by and check them out. Date and time are set. Location since no one else has presented ideas is also set. Lloyd Cinemas parking lot. I'll post a map to the location tomorrow sometime.

Yes, Marty's new setup is HOT!
Posted By: js139 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/03/04 02:47 AM
Hey Qbert. I am putting together a group from the washington area to come down. have you got directions, location, and times yet? please let me know and pm them to me if you can. I will pm you later this week and let you know exactly how many i got coming.
Thanks
Jeremy
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/03/04 03:21 AM
Originally posted by js139:
Hey Qbert. I am putting together a group from the washington area to come down. have you got directions, location, and times yet? please let me know and pm them to me if you can. I will pm you later this week and let you know exactly how many i got coming.
Thanks
Jeremy

Lloyd Center Cinemas parking lot
1510 NE Multnomah St.
Portland, OR 97232

Time:

9:30-10am

Date:

Saturday, February 7th

Agenda:

Autoshow - 10:30 - 1p
Lunch - 1p til however long it takes
Go-Karting @ Sykart in Tigard: Whenever lunch is over til we're done karting. Free CEG Calendar up for grabs for the fastest lap time!

As many of you have probably read I will be Contourless this go around. So many of you won't get to see my fine beast unless you look in the CEG Calendar! The car is definitely down and out until further notice. But I will still be there even if I have to drive the beater Aspire in! Can't wait to meet some of you for the first time and catch up with some of you who I haven't seen for a while.

The plan for the autoshow will probably be split up and see as much as you want in the time allocated, that seemed to work best last time we did this. It is really hard to walk around in a large group and see everything, but feel free to hook up with other members and get to know them. If we all end up in a big group walking around, so be it, but I'm sure we'll get split up eventually anyway. Definitely bring the cameras with you though. Not only will the meet be cool, but the cars at the show will be awesome (*cough* ENZO *cough*).

Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/03/04 09:21 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see everyone else's cars either! Definately bringin' the camera!

If anyone still needs to do the throttle hang fix, I could whip out a few of the plugs (with hole installed) and bring them along. Either PM me or mention it in your post here if you're interested. It makes the car SOOOO much better to drive! If you haven't done it yet, what are you waiting for?!?!

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/04/04 03:28 AM
Hey MArty, can't wait to see the tour! I still have thoes plugs u gave me to do the throttle hang fix, i just havent gotten around to do it! Iv been busy and im a lazy ass too! Well lookin forward to the meet!

Also i called that guy with the black svt in town here, turns out he is selling it so he isnt gunna come, too bad.

And Qbert, u got a cell # so if im runnin a lil late?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/04/04 09:58 AM
Hey, Toby -- toss those TH plugs in your car and bring 'em up! I'll bring tools and we'll get one put in for ya. It only takes a couple of minutes, and "POOF!" -- better-running car!

Bummer about the other dude down there. Oh well, sounds like we should have a pretty decent turn-out anyway!

Marty
Posted By: Woogieman Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 06:24 AM
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that I will be at the Car Show, but I probably won't see many of you. I will probably park in the Lloyd Center parking lot, but I plan on getting there around 9:30 AM. I will be meeting up with a friend near the entrance of the Convention Center around 9:45 AM & he will have my ticket. I also have plans later in the day so I will be leaving the show around 1:00 PM. I hope I atleast see a couple of you there, but if not, enjoy the meet/car show.

Aaron
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 06:48 AM
Well, I finished washing and drying my car about 20 minutes ago! Nothing like washing your car by moonlight! Anyway, Saturday should be fun. Hopefully we'll run into you there, Aaron!

Marty
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 04:10 PM
My girlfriend will probably be coming with me if her plans don't pan out.
Anyone else bringing a significant other?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
My girlfriend will probably be coming with me if her plans don't pan out.
Anyone else bringing a significant other?

My wife doesn't want to go, but I have a few friends going. I'll quick directions for you guys coming from elsewhere up in a few.
Posted By: Kman Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 07:06 PM
Well, i'm not going to be able to make it to the meet this weekend.

I need to move into a new home this weekend, and I was hoping that I could do that and goto the meet, but there isn't enough time to do so...

I'll just have to wait til the next one. I was looking forward to beating everyone up on the karts.. (jk)

Keith
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 09:52 PM
Well, i'm not going to be able to make it to the meet this weekend.

I need to move into a new home this weekend, and I was hoping that I could do that and goto the meet, but there isn't enough time to do so...

I'll just have to wait til the next one. I was looking forward to beating everyone up on the karts.. (jk)

Keith

We'll see you next time then Keith. Good luck with the house and I'll be waiting for the karting challenge.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/06/04 10:03 PM
I probably won't be able to attend. It depends on how my day goes. If I have a bit of free time I'll give you a call Rob. I've just got too much stuff going on! Hope to see you guys!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/07/04 12:48 AM
I plan to show up by 9:30 by the cinemas parking lot south of Lloyd Center. Won't be doing the auto show or go karts (My boss wants me back in the office by 10:30 that morning. I'd complain, but I'm self employed) but I still want to check out your rides and mods.

But if the show had a Ford GT or new Shelby there...

Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/07/04 01:47 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
I plan to show up by 9:30 by the cinemas parking lot south of Lloyd Center. Won't be doing the auto show or go karts (My boss wants me back in the office by 10:30 that morning. I'd complain, but I'm self employed) but I still want to check out your rides and mods.

But if the show had a Ford GT or new Shelby there...

LOL...tough boss!

That's cool, I'll be there at 9:30 myself.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/07/04 01:55 AM
Ok guys, sorry about the directions, I completely spaced it this afternoon:

Southbound I-5:

Stay on I-5! Do NOT exit onto the 205 or 405!

Take exit 302a (Rose Quarter exit). Keep in the left hand lane and go straight through the first light. Make a LEFT onto Weidler. About 6 blocks down you will want to make a RIGHT onto Martin Luther King BLVD (MLK). In another 6 or so blocks you will want to make a LEFT onto Multnomah Street. Follow Multnomah until you see the theater on the right hand side and enter the parking lot. I'll try and make myself somewhat visible. You'll be looking for a silver Focus ZX3.

Northbound I-5: or Toby's directions

Stay on I-5! Do NOT exit onto the 205, 405, or 217!

Take exit 302a (Rose Quarter exit). Keep in the right hand lane. Make a RIGHT onto Weidler. About 4 blocks down you will want to make a RIGHT onto Martin Luther King BLVD (MLK). In another 6 or so blocks you will want to make a LEFT onto Multnomah Street. Follow Multnomah until you see the theater on the right hand side and enter the parking lot. I'll try and make myself somewhat visible. You'll be looking for a silver Focus ZX3.

See you tomorrow guys!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/07/04 03:58 AM
Hey, lookin forward to tommorow, Im bringin my friend. If i am runnin a lil late i will give you a call Rob. I shouldnt be though.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/07/04 05:34 AM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
Hey, lookin forward to tommorow, Im bringin my friend. If i am runnin a lil late i will give you a call Rob. I shouldnt be though.

See you there!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/11/04 04:48 AM
The meet was a lot of fun! Good weather for the most part.
The car show was very cool, Enzo...and did anyone other then me notice the blonde next to the Enzo? Hehe.
B.J.s was very good too and the karts were awsome! Marty thanks for doing that mod for me! I totally feel a difference now. It was cool to hang out with everyone and see some of them again from the last June meet. Oh and i like your new ride a LOT Shaun G is it? Also if anyone here knows anyone that wants a hood gimme a call!
I had a lot of fun and hope to see you all again in any future meets!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/12/04 09:59 AM
Yeah, thanks to everyone who showed up for the meet! I had a great time.

Yes Toby, that blonde by the Enzo was fine! I'm glad that mod made a difference for ya too. Now you just have to get used to driving with it ruuning closer to the way it should have all along!

Lookin' forward to the next meet!

Marty
Posted By: ContourRacer77 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 02/18/04 09:26 PM
Hey did you guys take any pics of this meet? If you did you should post them.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: PDX meet Feb 7th --- - 03/19/04 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Outback Gal:
...Lance and I are having our first at the end of April...

=) Christy

Sweet!
We'll be exhausted parents simultaneously!
Hee hee.

My wife's due the next week. Dates keep changing, but right now it's the 25th of May. It's a boy.
© CEG Archives