Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: js139 Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/21/04 03:35 AM
Ok, here is the deal. i know alot of you have seen this under the "march meet" thread, but some people have thrown out the idea to combine some meets with some other "car" events. I for one think it is a great idea, especially with northwest weather for the next few months. I want to open this up EVERYONE's ideas and please take a second to post them.

the first thing is the Portland Auto Show. it will be held on Feb. 6-8th (hope those dates were accurate). how many people think they would be able to come? if you want a poll, someone post one or i can do it. Lets get a good meet together. For those in Portland, maybe you guys could get a few other ideas together of other things. Again, EVERYONE, please post ideas and suggestions.

Also, i would like to get an idea of people that are interested in driving down to portland in a group from here in washington. it would be good to go down as a group and then nobody will get lost and maybe even guage some interest in the group.

lastly, please also take the time to go and read the ideas for the march meet (actually the 1st of may) and post your ideas, thoughts, and suggestions about that as well. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email or pm myself and i will be glad to answer them or find out the answer for you. thanks again. lets get talking.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/22/04 01:54 AM
I'm always up for a Portland meet on a weekend! I will more than likely be able to attend. I'll be watching the boards for more information!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/22/04 03:58 AM
Hey count me in, im pretty sure i can get thoes days off, just lemme know if its a go and im in! Also if we could get a for sure on this soon then i will try and gather some svt owners here in Eugene and try and get em to come also!
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/22/04 04:27 AM
I'm a go. I'm not sure what day/time works best for me, but I will probably be available for any time.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/22/04 06:26 AM
Sounds like the P-town Auto show meet could be a decent sized turnout, maybe some WA guys would come down too.
Posted By: Kman Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/22/04 06:37 AM
I can make it. Saturday would be ideal for me.
Posted By: jarrett882 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 02:24 AM
hey, when i get my tour, ill try to be there, sounds like a lot of fun, and maybe i could get some helpful tips.

edit:
oh, and is there a ceg sticker?, because we all should put that sticker on our cars, to help get some interest in our group. just a little suggestion
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Kman:
I can make it. Saturday would be ideal for me.

HOLY CRAP! Is this Keith (I think that is your name)? Welcome back from the dead!

Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 08:34 AM
I think Saturday'd work for me. Maybe meet at 1?

We could hit one of the indoor go-kart tracks in the metro area afterwards, if anyone wanted something else to do. Otherwise, we could save that for another time and just go have pizza and hang out.

Marty
Posted By: Kman Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 04:32 PM
Yeah Qbert, its Keith. Made it back from the dead...

Go-Karts are a must, fun, fun...
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 04:47 PM
Sykart in Tigard has the 9hp karts! Problem is unless you go there a lot you probably aren't qualified to drive them. They are a blast though, it is an exercise in drifting basically. I weigh about 215lbs and I still can't manage to get traction in these things.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/23/04 08:40 PM
Nice! Hot Tracks in Vancouver (that's Vancouver, WA) has ones that will do ~30mph. I dunno how many HP they are, but they have Honda engines of some sort. I've never been to Sykart, but I have been to Hot Tracks a few times. Either one would be fine with me!

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 12:20 AM
I might have to check out Hot Tracks this weekend...couldn't complain about how far away it is! Anyone else interested?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 02:27 AM
Hot Tracks cars are only 5.5hp (which is fine). So figuring that those will do 30mph, think about the 9hp ones . I'd be up for doing either over the weekend. I used to race at Hot Tracks before Sykart opened, but now Sykart is much closer and probably nicer then Hot Tracks.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 04:10 AM
Yeah, I'd be up for a run or two around a kart track this weekend too! Any idea when? Afternoon or evening either day would work for me, I think. Should we start another thread for this?

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 07:22 AM
What kind of money does this cost?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 10:10 AM
US Currency kind of money. Hot Tracks is $16 for an 8 minute race. If there are at least 3 people racing and you have the fastest lap time (or fastest average?), you race again for free! There are discount times, but I don't think any of them are on the weekends.

I don't know the cost of Sykart, but I'm sure Rob does.

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 06:00 PM
Sykart is $15 for 10 minutes. On the weekdays it is only $10 I for members. No special about the fastest person racing though. I'd be up for Hot Tracks since I would always be racing for free (just kidding)!

http://www.sykart.com

Sykart also has $1 off coupons for weekends right now. Maybe only 1 run and then grab a bite to eat somewhere (fast food works since I'm strapped for cash). We can either do it today or tomorrow. My vote is for today. But I could do either.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 09:41 PM
I could do it this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Either one'd work for me.

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 10:17 PM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
I could do it this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Either one'd work for me.

Marty

Mike suggested this evening. I'll call you guys a little later tonight. You can post what time you'd like it to happen too if you get a chance.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 10:57 PM
I gotta run down to Fry's with a friend around 5, so maybe 7?

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/24/04 11:23 PM
Sounds pretty good to me
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/26/04 02:57 AM
So whats up with the Portland Auto Show and CEG meet? Times? location? IS it a for sure? Just wondering, its starting to get a lil closer, just would like to know because of work scheduele.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Auto Show & CEG meet - 01/26/04 03:55 PM
Yeah, sorry about hijacking the thread. I didn't even get to go! Oh well. I'm up for the meet at the auto show. Hopefully things will work out and I can actually attend.
© CEG Archives