Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Derk-xB Dec. 6th - I'll be in OR - 11/12/03 04:18 AM
Good news! I have an interview with Pacific U. on Dec. 6th.
As of now, I don't have any flight info, nor hotel info...all I know is Dec. 6th is devoted to telling Pacific how good I am and telling them how much they want me to go to their school.
Anyone going to be around? I believe Saturday night after 5:30 PM will be open if anyone wants to get together.
Let me know.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Dec. 6th - I'll be in OR - 11/12/03 05:44 AM
Hey, cool! Keep us posted -- I'm up for something!

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Dec. 6th - I'll be in OR - 11/12/03 03:56 PM
I'm in as well, if I'm not working. I won't know until the week before though. Keep us posted!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Dec. 6th - I'll be in OR - 11/12/03 04:14 PM
Congrats, I'll probably be around that weekend also.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Dec. 6th - I'll be in OR - 11/13/03 01:01 AM
Thanks!
As I know more, I'll let you guys know.
Posted By: Derk-xB Got my flights! - 11/14/03 04:52 AM
Using my Southwest Airlines FREE ticket, I now have flights in and out of Portland.
I'll arrive in Portland on Dec. 5th at 1:00 PM.
I'll leave Portland on Dec. 7th at 1:00 PM.

I now have to workout the getting-to-and-from the airport details, and hotel details, too. Pacific sent me some info on these topics, so I'll call around for prices this weekend.

So, maybe something Friday night, maybe something Saturday night?

BTW, Pacific will call me 1 week after the interview. If I'm offered a spot, I'll take it! If I'm not offered a spot, I'm thrown back into the decision pool for the "normal schedule" (vs. the early application) admissions.
Wish me luck.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Got my flights! - 11/14/03 09:02 AM
Yeah, Friday or Saturday night would work for me. I don't think I have plans for either one yet. Free tickets are good! I hope the interview goes well!

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Got my flights! - 11/14/03 06:16 PM
Cool, either day works for me right now. If you need a lift from the airport or something let me know, I'm free during the day.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Got my flights! - 11/15/03 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Qbert:
If you need a lift from the airport or something let me know, I'm free during the day.

That'd save me about $80.
Posted By: Derk-xB Whoa! Another interview! - 11/19/03 03:50 AM
Well, I have two updates:
1) I now have an interview with OHSU. I don't know what date to choose from, but it'll be sometime in January.

2) Ashley found a flight from CA to Portland for $154. So, she'll be joining me on my Dec. trip. This may complicate things, but everything should be . We'll work out the details tonight.

I'll keep you updated. Make sure the weather is nice for my short trips out there, ok?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Whoa! Another interview! - 11/19/03 06:48 PM
Well we can't promise anything as far as weather goes. Infact, it is actually snowing and sticking here in Portland right now!

Check your PM's though, offer still stands.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Whoa! Another interview! - 11/20/03 01:37 AM
Since Ashley's coming alone, we decided to rent a car and split the cost. We're actually going to stay in Portland so I can take the rental to Forrest Grove for the day and she'll be able to walk around Portland for the day.

I'll think this will work out nicely.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Whoa! Another interview! - 11/20/03 06:21 AM
Ya! Qberts right! It snowed and was sticking here in Eugene! SSnowy day.
Posted By: Derk-xB Well... - 12/03/03 04:16 AM
Well, I don't think I'm going to be able to get together with you guys this time around.
The girlfriend picked up a super cheap ticket to Portland for the weekend. With the addition of the girlfriend + short weekend, I think we're going to just spend some time together.

Thanks for everything, though. I hate to wuss-out on things like this, but I think I'd be pushing the girlfriend's car-tolerance this time around.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Well... - 12/03/03 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Well, I don't think I'm going to be able to get together with you guys this time around.
The girlfriend picked up a super cheap ticket to Portland for the weekend. With the addition of the girlfriend + short weekend, I think we're going to just spend some time together.

Thanks for everything, though. I hate to wuss-out on things like this, but I think I'd be pushing the girlfriend's car-tolerance this time around.

Cool, I completely understand that one. Hope you have a good trip up here. I'll PM you my phone number incase you need anything.

Bring your wet weather gear! MMMMM, rain...
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Well... - 12/03/03 05:50 AM
Rain? What's that? Wet weather gear you say? I'll be needing to invest in that stuff once I'm up there.

Thanks for the PM, and thanks for understanding.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Well... - 12/03/03 06:21 AM
Yo Qbert, havent heard from you in a while. Hows it goin? Well i was just replying to this post just to say that everybody down here in OR has been very quiet. The WA guys have a meet schedule and eveything, too bad they live so far away huh? I was just gunna say that we all should try to get somethin goin like a meet or a cruise(rainy weather!) in Jan. or later. After the holidays are done with which i cant wait for!! Well sorry if i intruded on this post but i just wanted to say that. peace!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Well... - 12/03/03 05:16 PM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
Yo Qbert, havent heard from you in a while. Hows it goin? Well i was just replying to this post just to say that everybody down here in OR has been very quiet. The WA guys have a meet schedule and eveything, too bad they live so far away huh? I was just gunna say that we all should try to get somethin goin like a meet or a cruise(rainy weather!) in Jan. or later. After the holidays are done with which i cant wait for!! Well sorry if i intruded on this post but i just wanted to say that. peace!

Not much going on around here actually, just staying really busy expecially with the hollidays here. A meet in say mid to late January would work for me. I'm game for doing a drive, karting, or just about anything else. Hopefully in January we'll be adding another Ford to the family. Trying to get a 2.3L Duratec Focus, with just an intake it should be able to hang with the CSVT in straight lines and out do it in the corners. That's what's up with me.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Well... - 12/09/03 12:20 AM
NIce, sounds like ur really busy, yea thatd be cool if u got the focus. Yea around mid to late jan. would be a good date to try and plan a meet, bout then most people should be back from vacations, etc. Anways just thought id say im down for that time and when the holidays are overt and done with we can start getttin more serious bout it if we want to. Well ttyl, peace.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: So how was the trip? - 12/09/03 04:48 PM
Just curious how your visit and interview went? Did they mention when you'll find out? Hope you had a good time.

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: So how was the trip? - 12/10/03 04:54 AM
I think the interview went well, and I'm very impressed with the program. The program looks very solid, the faculty extremely supportive, the and students were supportive as well.
I should hear back from Pacific sometime this week. I will either hear 1) you're accepted, please send money 2) we'll talk to you in January after we interview more people, or 3) you're not accepted, period.

So, I'm dreaming a lot of straaaange dreams lately and I'm really excited to hear back from them.

Ashley had a good time shopping in downtown portland while I was busy biting my fingernails off and sweating bullets. (It really wasn't that bad)

Thanks for asking!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: So how was the trip? - 12/11/03 12:51 AM
Forget the strange dreams and instead start dreaming of frothy microbrews and gore tex parka shells...book shopping at Powell's...bicycles on the Springwater trail and US 26 going to Mt. Hood...hikes to hot springs...renting movies at Movie Madness...

Will you be likely to hear from Pacific U. before your OHSU interview dates? You'll have to be prepared to "send money" to Pacific while you have yet to meet with the OHSU program.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: So how was the trip? - 12/11/03 03:56 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:

Will you be likely to hear from Pacific U. before your OHSU interview dates? You'll have to be prepared to "send money" to Pacific while you have yet to meet with the OHSU program.

If Pacific accepts me, I'll take it and cancel my other interviews. OHSU is cool and all, but Pacific is so personal and friendly. I feel like I belong there.

...microbrews...
Oregon...here I come!
© CEG Archives