Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/06/03 12:29 AM
Wow! What a ride! My car really needed that workout.

We departed from Portland after some breakfast and headed north. We took WA 503 to WA 503 Spur, which becomes NF 90, then NF 25 to Randle on US 12. Forest service roads are twisty! We stopped at the diner there and had lunch, then drove back nearly the same way.

Marty took some amazing pictures! He burned a CD of them for me. Marty, if you can't get them hosted I'll see what I can do.

There is still time to do another run to somewhere before it gets really nasty. I'm up for it almost any weekend!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/06/03 03:07 AM
Sounds cool! Let's see some pics!
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/06/03 04:34 AM
Sorry I wasn't able to make it guys. I can't wait to see some pics. How long were you guys on the road? How many people made the trip?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/06/03 06:13 AM
Hey all! Yeah, it was a great drive! Only three of us were able to come -- Toby, Mike, and myself -- but yeah, what a drive! Great scenery, nice twisty roads, and not too much traffic. Some people were even nice enough to pull off for us when they could. The weather was kinda foggy and all cloudy in town until we got farther north, where it turned to partly cloudy/sunny skies. The roads had basically good pavement, but there were a lot of stretches where it had settled some, or was patched poorly (or still needed patching!) and you kinda had to dodge bumps, dips and holes. It was really nice surface though, where those things didn't exist. Managed to get my brakes good and hot, and smellin' quite a bit. But then, left-foot braking'll do that... MAN, our cars sound SWEET at 4000-6000+ RPM!!!

So, Mike and I were filling up with gas afterwards, and some people drove up in an Expedition, or something similar, to get gas too. This 15-16 year-old kid gets out, walks up to my car, and is like "Whoa! Cool!" Turns out he likes the SVT Contours, and his parents have a tricked-out Mustang. We showed them the engine, interior and stuff, and talked cars for a few minutes. It's nice to have a fan club!

Kinda weird, but all three of us had tinted windows, moonroofs, and the fog light mod done. And Mike's car and mine were within ~200 miles of each other on the odo! And that's besides the fact that they're both black and were built in the same month!

Yeah, I'm up for another drive sometime too. I'm kinda busy, but if it happens at the right time, I should be able to make room for it. Hopefully it'll be timed better for others to make it too!

Unfortunately, I still don't have a picture hosting thing set up, so yeah, if you could post a few pictures, Mike, that'd be great! Glad you like them! Maybe put a few of the ones from the June run up too, if you have room, 'cause I never got them posted either. Like maybe a few of the ones I named and compressed.

Thanks again to Toby and Mike for comin' out for the drive! I had a great time! ...And so did my car! w00t!

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/07/03 04:38 AM
I had a lot of fun! The roads were nice and curvy, marty and mike were ahead of me and deng, they were flying around every corner! The roads were not to shabby, although for me the were very HARSH! Another run sounds great, but man, did you guys on the NW over here experience that rain shower later today?!?!Man it poured down here in lil ole Eugene! Can't wait to see the pics Marty, and also what was that set up you were going to do for your intake(CAI)? i remember some of it but not all,but if you want it to just be your mod thats cool. I hope to see you guys soon and others that werent able to attend this meet.
Well, till next time you guys!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/09/03 07:09 AM
No Pics????
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/09/03 03:40 PM
I'm on it.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/14/03 01:25 AM
HAVE:factory radio w/ 6 presets
hit me up
B
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/14/03 02:59 AM
Sweet...I'll see you in a few days. I'm going to be working at Whidbey for the next few months. You can show off that 3.0!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oct. 4th 'Tour Tour - 10/14/03 04:43 AM
Hye Mike, whats up with thoes pics? Also i am going to replace my sideskirt, i was gunna buy one from that bill jenkins guy, and was wondering if you knew how much it would cost to paint it? Also i never got to say adios to you at the meet! I had a blast and hope to see you at some upcoming drives and meets in the future!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/14/03 07:13 AM
Okay, thanks to the hosting efforts of Shaun G, we've got some pictures from the meet!

These are pretty big, but I did cut the resolution by half -- and I compressed the images more too! Sorry for any of you (besides me!) who have dial-up, but I like BIG pictures, not just thunbnail-sized ones. At present, the first picture has some issues, but hopefully those will be fixed shortly.

Thanks again Shawn, for offering to put these up for us!

Marty
Posted By: auiotour Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/15/03 01:07 AM
can i get a high res shot of the first pic. looks tight, loven that red car, svt looks so tight when they are lowered.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/15/03 05:17 AM
I'm a bit late with these! Work has me tied up as usual. Here's some more pictures taken by Marty, thanks to hosting by Qbert:

Rears

Taking a break

Mt. St. Helens

With the excellent background

Another amazing view

All in all I can't complain about this run. It was very scenic and very fun! BTW Marty, that was a bad wheel bearing that developed out there. I had to replace them both, although they weren't REALLY bad yet. That pesky O2 sensor is next!

Mike
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/15/03 05:25 AM
Cool pics!, Can't wait till i get the cd to check all of em!
Oh and lets get some more tours at any upcoming meets!
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/16/03 01:35 AM
ya know, i thought i was the only SUPER black tinted window'd tour around, your guys' car looks really good
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/16/03 03:55 AM
Nope. Black with 20% all around and black front oval ring. We seriously need to meet up 1slo30 because I want to check out the 3 liter and see how it drives.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/16/03 05:53 AM
Yes!! I need to see both of your cars. We need to arrange something...maybe a little drive sometime soon?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/16/03 06:10 AM
Nice pics, and nice cars. Good scenery, too!
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/16/03 09:57 PM
ya, meeting up would be cool, im down for whatever, i just found/heard something w/ my 3ltr that kinda makes me ,i heard a faint ticking sound coming from the motor last night,popped the hood today and it sounds like an exhaust leak or a valve, find out tonight maybe ,
it would also be good to meet up considering the guard might send us to a beautiful vacation spot in IRAQ-(sarcasm)
so I want to meet up w/ some of you guys before i go and get some pics of other svt's

hit me up w/ some ideas

later
B
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/17/03 03:44 PM
Are either of you guys available during the week? Looks like I'll be having Wed and Fri off next week. After that, I might be having Sun and Mon off. Or, I am a bit of a night owl if you want to meet in the evening.

BTW, this cool air has great effect on the car! P D Q! We would have to meet when it is dry though.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/17/03 04:45 PM
It would have to be a weekend for me...weekdays I work usually until 5 pm and Whidbey is 1 and a half hours from Seattle. Next time I see a dry forcasted weekend I'll give you guys a holler!
Posted By: auiotour Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/18/03 01:28 AM
I can't get home till atleast 6 to my house, so 630-700 during the week.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Oct. 4th Tour -- PICTURES! - 10/19/03 07:20 PM
I get off usually around 4-4:30 so a weeknight meet would be cool,I can make it from anacortes to seattle in 45 min w/o alot of traffic
© CEG Archives