Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Barbeque in August - 06/21/03 07:12 PM
I'm getting fed up! I've been lurking on ceg for about three years now and have only met 2 other nw members. I would like to get a summer barbeque going on in August while the weather is still nice.

My parents have a nice house on Lake Tapps, enough parking for roughly 14 cars, and a decent sized back yard. I think it would be awsome if you guys (and gals) could come over. Of course we would bs about cars, but we could also play football, badmitten, vollyball, watersports (wakeboard, kneeboard, tubing...) and have some burgers and dogs. I get jealous when all the other chapters have big get-togethers and I miss all of ours. Give me some feedback. I'm thinking a Saturday like August 16th or something. Let me know, I'd really like to get this happening and would like to see most of the members show up.

BTW, my family is really down to earth, so you don't have to worry about dealing with any wierdos except the other cegers.

Bring the spouses, I know I'll have to. My parents are only like 50, so they aren't elderly or anything. We have gatherings like this every summer and it is really fun. Trust me.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Barbeque in August - 06/21/03 08:39 PM
<-- I am in 100%. Don't let me forget mike. also, less then a week and half till i get my first check from my new job. Then I will be coming to buy my Underglow kit. HEHE!!! can't wait.
Posted By: KSpencer Re: Barbeque in August - 06/21/03 09:14 PM
sounds fun the 16th is a possibility for me may be in field will now for sure soon ttyl k
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Barbeque in August - 06/22/03 05:24 AM
You have caught my interest. I can't guararntee anything yet, but I'm definately interested. I will try to figure out my plans for August & let you know as soon as possible. I guess this means you won't be at the G2G on the 28th of June?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/22/03 04:57 PM
Excellent! I might be able to make this one! I should be back from Virginia in early August. I'll definitely come if I'm around.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/22/03 07:00 PM
Nope. Two other guys have that Saturday off so I can't get out of work. It sounds like a great time though, so you guys will have to take a lot of pictures. Definately tell me what works and we will work around it.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Barbeque in August - 06/23/03 05:00 AM
I should be able to make this.
Car will defiantely be back together by then.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/27/03 02:11 AM
IM IN 100%,this sounds just north of ok (se sport should be done also,so my wife can drive it)
1slo30
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/27/03 04:20 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. It would be great to meet some more people in person. We'll plan on coming!

-Lance
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Barbeque in August - 06/27/03 06:49 AM
Sounds like fun to me! I think i will be free that week, but we will see. Go Contours!
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/27/03 05:32 PM
Ok, looks like there might be a decent turnout. Date-wise, does the 16th seem ok, or does this conflict with anyone? It's pretty much open right now.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Barbeque in August - 06/28/03 05:45 AM
At this point the 16th looks good for me. I was just wondering if it was okay to bring the family or not? I have a wife & a 14 month old son. Just let me know.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/28/03 11:23 PM
the 16th is perfect(I also have a wife and a child)
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/28/03 11:33 PM
Sure. I'll have my wife and child there.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Barbeque in August - 06/29/03 03:38 AM
bring anyone you would like. I might be bring my GF, she isnt to much into cars though.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Barbeque in August - 06/29/03 07:40 AM
Hey the 16th sounds good for me too, im pretty sure ill be able to make that. LOL i might bring my GF too, she's a little into cars but not that much, so she might join. Also my GF's best friend who lives up in WA, Redmond has a BF who just got a silver SVT Contour so i will try and get him to come to this event. Also i will try and get as many SVT contours wayyyy down here in Eugene to come to this event! I just need to contact them!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/29/03 03:27 PM
The 16th should work just fine for us.

-Lance
Posted By: KSpencer Re: Barbeque in August - 06/30/03 04:40 PM
16th aaahhhhhhh maybe we'll see on me not sure might just be getting back from a field problem so we'll see ok later
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/30/03 05:29 PM
Originally posted by The Ripper:
I'm getting fed up! I've been lurking on ceg for about three years now and have only met 2 other nw members. I would like to get a summer barbeque going on in August while the weather is still nice.

My parents have a nice house on Lake Tapps, enough parking for roughly 14 cars, and a decent sized back yard. I think it would be awsome if you guys (and gals) could come over. Of course we would bs about cars, but we could also play football, badmitten, vollyball, watersports (wakeboard, kneeboard, tubing...) and have some burgers and dogs. I get jealous when all the other chapters have big get-togethers and I miss all of ours. Give me some feedback. I'm thinking a Saturday like August 16th or something. Let me know, I'd really like to get this happening and would like to see most of the members show up.

BTW, my family is really down to earth, so you don't have to worry about dealing with any wierdos except the other cegers.

Bring the spouses, I know I'll have to. My parents are only like 50, so they aren't elderly or anything. We have gatherings like this every summer and it is really fun. Trust me.

hmmm
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/30/03 05:30 PM
Nope. Two other guys have that Saturday off so I can't get out of work. It sounds like a great time though, so you guys will have to take a lot of pictures. Definately tell me what works and we will work around it.

something doesnt seem right(see previous post)
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/30/03 06:04 PM
What doesn't work?
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 06/30/03 08:56 PM
What doesn't work?

im sorry i misunderstood what you were saying, i thought you planned all of this and then said you couldnt make it because of work,thats why i posted it like i did
sorry
B
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 07/08/03 04:49 AM
I put in for the 16th today since everyone thinks they can swing it, but it is my boss's birthday. How about either the day after, Sunday the 17th, or the weekend after, the 23rd-24th? Let me know if this would work.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Barbeque in August - 07/08/03 07:14 AM
Well darn it! I wont be able to make it on the 17th because i have daily doubles for soccer the 18th and i live allll the way down here in Eugene, OR. And the 23rd and 24th of August i wont be able to make it because thoes exact dates are the next autocross events down here in Eugene. I really wouldve liked to come up for the BBQ but sadly i wont be able too. Let me know if you decide to change the dates again!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Barbeque in August - 07/09/03 05:22 PM
The 23rd will work great, who else is in for that day?

-Lance
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 07/09/03 11:33 PM
23rd will work for me, ive got drill the 16th-17th,sooo
ya 23rd
B
Posted By: auiotour Re: Barbeque in August - 07/12/03 02:54 AM
whatever day is fine, I will meet up with you all. You can see what I have done to my car recently. hehe dropped, and painted more stuff, and more LEDs. yippie, still gotta through in my new guages, anyone want my old ones. give them for free once I get mine mad up.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Barbeque in August - 07/12/03 07:20 PM
what kind of guages are they?
© CEG Archives