Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/28/03 06:21 PM
Ok, well we haven't talked much about this lately. It is about 1 month out right now and I think we should start figuring out what the exact plans are.

First off we need to have a roll call, so if you could state Yes, No, Maybe (probably yes), or Maybe (probably not) that would be great. This way I can get a feeling of how many people we are talking about and what arrangements need to be made for lunch.

I think we'll all try and meet in Portland at around 9-9:30. I hope this gives you out of towners a little extra time, if not speak up and we'll work around it. The plan still is heading for the coast. I did have another thought about going out towards the Silver Falls area around Salem, but unless the majority want to change it we'll stick with the coast (which I'm good for, it is just a longer, more straight drive).

I'm a definite yes unless something happens on the job horizon that I can't change. So lets get the roll call done and then we'll figure out some more stuff.

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/28/03 10:53 PM
I'm a "maybe/probably yes." 9 or 9:30 to meet in Portland or Hillsboro or close to either sounds good. The Hwy 26/53/101 loop coast drive sounds good too.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/29/03 03:33 AM
Im in! Can't wait! I just need to know the EXACT location of the meet. I am not from portland but i know my way around pretty well so if givin directions i shouldnt have trouble with them at all. 9 or 9:30 is good too, either one. The loop sounds good and are we gunna talk about splitting up food? or will someone just get all the food and money will be gathered at the meet? Also i might have my mirko front splitter by then!
Common people i thought you wanted to meet up!
I'll be crusin to styx on my way up there and for the cruise
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/29/03 04:07 AM
I'm in if I have my tranny back (with Quaife ) from Terry by then.
I know of some awesome roads in Portland!!!

Wish I could come, but that weekend is bad (wedding to go to) and a bit far this time.

- Kerry
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/29/03 02:11 PM
Maybe.

Depends on whether my back is better or not.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/30/03 12:10 AM
I am in & I am good with the 9 or 9:30 time. I don't mind doing either drive. I am also ok with anything we come up with as far as food. Man I just can't wait!
I'm planning on going! My first choice would be the coast run, but Silver Falls would be fun too. The time sounds good also.

Marty
Posted By: Mark_West Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 05/30/03 07:06 AM
Maybe/probably yes... I'm in Seattle... just let me know which way to drive and I'll try and be there ... I forget stuff a lot tho
Looking good so far guys...I'm waiting on a couple other peoples responces and then we'll finalize some details. BTW, the coast trip it is. I just thought I'd toss another idea out, but seems like most (everyone) want to head to the coast which is perfectly fine by me! Lets try and top the 11 cars we had last summer up in Seattle...come on Sadeeq and Lance (no pressure now)
Posted By: KSpencer Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/01/03 05:40 AM
I'm in I'm in TAcoma so any one who wants to hook up on the way down to portland email me at kenneth.danielavery.spencer@us.army.mil so I can shoot you my number later ken
Posted By: Jaxo_dup1 Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/01/03 07:00 AM
Maybe(Probably Yes). Scheduled day off just for this . So unless something happens to car, family, or job I am good to go.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/01/03 07:58 AM
see this kinda sucks cause i dont return from AT(army national guard) until the 28th from ft. hunter ligget california,ummmmm so what do I do?
Originally posted by 1slo30:
see this kinda sucks cause i dont return from AT(army national guard) until the 28th from ft. hunter ligget california,ummmmm so what do I do?

Get a really really early flight .

That sucks though, I was hoping to see the car and possibly get a ride in the "Three OOOOOOO". Maybe next meet though.
I'm a Maybe (probably not) because every time I say 'yes', something comes up !
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
I'm a Maybe (probably not)

It's looking better for me now. The kayak trip was cancelled. I should be there.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/09/03 11:56 PM
I am really hoping to have my tranny in by then.
So I am still a maybe.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/10/03 10:41 PM
I am going more towards yes now that my back is getting better.

I am planning on being there along with my new roomie. I plan to do my best to freak her out with my driving.

MUHAHAHAHA!
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/11/03 03:14 AM
please be sure to get alot of pics for me so I can check em out when I get home, hopefully the turbo kit will be in for the 3.0 se sport, I will need to take a long cruise to break it in, maybe I will drive both(not physically ) the svt and se T down to check the pics out and enjoy a bit of a well deserved vaca. for me
have fun all and be safe driving down there!!!!
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/14/03 02:22 AM
Hey Qbert, we are getting close to June 28th so I was just wondering if you know how many people are coming. I think if we have too many we might want to eat at a restaurant or even have everyone bring something that doesn't require cooking. I just thought that it might take a while to cook a bunch of food on a small grill. Anyway if you need help just let me know & I'll try to help any way I can. Thanks again for getting this together.
Unfortunately for me the final word is that I can't make it. I was hoping to be finished with the project I'm working on out here in Virginia, but it looks like it's going to run into August now. Hope to catch you guys the next time!
Posted By: Dano_dup1 Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/17/03 09:07 PM
I'm a soft maybe. Expected caravan time through Vancouver, WA? Meet location/time in PDX?

Posted By: 99TourSVT Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/17/03 09:21 PM
hey guys just found this forum, meeting on the 28th? well i live in corvallis so i might be up for that.
Ok, so we are working the food thing out in another thread. Be prepared to chip some money in when you eat that day.

Anyway, on with the important stuff, MEETING LOCATION!!!!!! Plan on being there between 9 - 9:30. Rollout time will be 10am SHARP

I'm thinking we meet in the South Lot of the Fred Meyer parking lot right off of the Beaverton Hillsdale HWY (Between HWY 8 and HWY 10 right off the 217). The address is:

7700 SW Beaverton Hillsdale HWY
Portland, Oregon 97225

So here is some directions:

Northbound 5

Take the HWY 217 exit off of I5. I believe this is exit 292. Head north on the 217 until you come to the HWY 8 / HWY 10 exit (approx 5-6 miles). Take the exit and make a left at the stop light. Make a right at the following stop light and you will be entering Fred Meyer's south lot.

Southbound 5 from Vancouver

Take the I405 exit as you are coming into downtown Portland. Keep heading south until you come to the HWY 26 westbound exit. Take the exit and you should then go through the tunnel. Keep heading west until you come to the HWY 217 Southbound exit. Take the exit and head south for about 1 mile and you will then want to take the HWY 8 / HWY 10 exit. Go straight through the first stoplight. Make a right at the next stoplight onto HWY 10. At the next stoplight make a right into the south Fred Meyer parking lot.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/19/03 04:05 AM
Hey Qbert, me again. I just wanted to let you know that I will have a guest. I thought this might help with the food planning.
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Lance and I are not going to be able to make it to this meet. We'd really like to come, but life has been a little bit crazy lately. We're up to our ears with landscaping stuff that HAS to be done by July 1st and one of my best friends is getting married July 5th. Throw in my sister's college graduation, Lance's birthday and our Anniversary over the last couple weeks and you can clearly see that we've been busy!

We're hoping to plan a fun run later this summer.

=) Christy
Well I think the next one should be up in Vancouver, BC!

Christy - it sure is wedding season - I have 3 to go to in June and July, so lots of opportunity to have something in Vancouver.

Happy landscaping, and have a good meet on the 28th, folks.

- Kerry
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/19/03 06:40 AM
Hey, sounds kinda like a good idea for thoes of you that live in the WA area. Maybe u should plan something in your area( a good drive/run) for the next meet later in the summer? i know it be kinda a long drive for me but it depends on the date and location. Anyways im getting ahead of myself! 1st the meet on the 28th, it should be great!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/23/03 06:13 PM
Where exactly are we going? Since I have to get up WAAAYYY to early to leave for DA SOUTH, my roomie and I want to camp out near whatever beach we are going to be at. I need to know where we are going so I can find a place nearby if there is no camping allowed whereever we will be.
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Where exactly are we going? Since I have to get up WAAAYYY to early to leave for DA SOUTH, my roomie and I want to camp out near whatever beach we are going to be at. I need to know where we are going so I can find a place nearby if there is no camping allowed whereever we will be.

Northern Oregon Coast between Tillamook and Astoria. There are a couple of camp grounds around there, but on a Saturday they may be full...who knows though. I think we'll have the BBQ at Cannon Beach.

If you need some help figuring out a specific campground, let me know, I'm pretty familiar with most of them in that area.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/23/03 11:54 PM
Groovy. I will talk to the roomie when she gets home from Yakima tomorrow night and see if she has a preference as she has been camping in the area much more recently than I have.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/24/03 12:38 AM
HEy Qbert, is everything in order for this sat.? Just double checkin, dont want to forget anything. It looks like we may be in for good weather this sat.!
Hey guys,
Something came up (again).
I won't be able to attend.
Have fun, and take lots of pics for me.
Yeah, everything is still go...I'll PM you tomorrow Beowolf. I had a long day today...went to Seattle and managed to get a ticket.

I'll have maps for everyone on Saturday though!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/25/03 05:39 PM
Sadeeq, you suck.

ok, Qbert. I am looking into camping spots down there so I dont have to drive back that night.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/25/03 09:05 PM
OK, I suck.

I am not going now, something else has come up.
OK, I suck.

I am not going now, something else has come up.

Hey, sorry you can't make it.

Ok, question for someone else then, can someone bring one of those mini BBQ's I've talked about...I'll have mine, but 2 will be better.
Hey guys...as I thought I will not be able to make it this weekend. My car is still short a few parts and I decided to change a few other things & items also. I haven't really gone over it this good since I bought it in 98, it needed it though. I am documenting all the work I am doing by digital, I will let you guys know when I post them on my site. ...it's gonna be pretty cool looking when I'm all done. I hope to have it up by mid July...poss late.

btw..Ford is now selling thier calipers "unloaded" I'm getting rear ones from my local dealer for 60 bones...this is more than 40 dollars less than S&P Motorsports. oh and no "core" charge either...yes I still have to turn them in though. Not sure what the front ones are yet...yet is the key word there

Later, Christian
OK, I suck... I am not going now...

Yup... you suck

Misery loves company.
Hee hee hee.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/26/03 07:51 AM
hey Qbert, i have one of thoes little BBQ grills, they use thoes small green propane tanks right?
Anyways i can bring mine if needed, just let me know!
MMMMmmm.......Buurger....
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
hey Qbert, i have one of thoes little BBQ grills, they use thoes small green propane tanks right?
Anyways i can bring mine if needed, just let me know!
MMMMmmm.......Buurger....

Yep, if you could bring it that would be great! Thanks Toby!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/26/03 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
OK, I suck... I am not going now...

Yup... you suck

Misery loves company.
Hee hee hee.

What is REALLY funny is that I found out I wasnt going like TWO minutes after I posted that you sucked for not going.

Funny stuff!
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Official June 28th G2G planning thread - 06/26/03 11:12 PM
The tranny is shifting like crap, but I might come anyway, to run what's left of it in to the ground!

Anybody want to buy a slightly used tranny with 1st and 3rd going south big time!?!?
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
The tranny is shifting like crap, but I might come anyway, to run what's left of it in to the ground!

Anybody want to buy a slightly used tranny with 1st and 3rd going south big time!?!?

Ahh, who cares about first...and why would you need third . Anyway, it would be great if you could make it. Just shift from 2nd to 4th.
Hey, just a thought... If anyone else has FRS radios, ya might bring them so we can talk car-to-car as we're driving, in case there's anything up ahead to watch out for, or anything else. I'm bringin' mine. Yay for great weather!!!

Marty
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/27/03 10:01 PM
I've gone from a maybe to a part yes/part no. I've got too much to do to not work Saturday. But I DO wanna show up at the 9 am to 10 am meet up phase, before the drive to the coast starts. Still need to check out everyones' rides and mods...

Can't afford more mods myself (or install some stuff I've got sitting) if I don't generate the discretionary income, and that means getting files worked. Yeah, it's grand to be broke after a divorce.

But good for you: you're MUCH more likely to have enough food for everyone if I'm not there. (Are you gonna finish those fries?)
It's coming up! Tommorow is the day!!!!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/29/03 05:10 PM
OK guys -- who has pix to post? Qbert: liked that stretch of Skyline and Germantown roads after the bikes were out of the way. I'm guessing hwy 53 was clear of them too.

It was good to meet everyone even with having to bow out early.

And what happened to those other WA people?
We had a lot of fun! The warmup drive out of town on Skyline and Germantown was interesting. Since I was leading the pack I didn't get the smell of brakes that the rest of the pack had from cars trying to keep up haha...just kidding!

Once we got out onto HWY 53 the twisties were short lived due to an Altima that would not pull over for us. We eventually pulled the pack over to wait it out, but as we were trying to leave we were passed by a few more cars which were quickly reeled in.

The coast was INCREDIBLY busy. One of the nicest days I've ever seen on the coast and it looked like the entire Portland Metro area was over there. After searching for a Day Use facility with parking for about 40 minutes we finally came across Ecola State Park. We had lunch there and BS'd about cars for a while before braving the traffic and heading to Seaside. Once in Seaside we finally got to go out into the freezing water. It was so incredibly cold your feet would instantly start hurting the moment they touched the water.

I do have some pictures, but don't have time nor the energy right now to post them. Maybe I'll get around to it later this evening. Hope everyone else had a good time!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/30/03 01:03 AM
I had an awsome time Qbert! Thanks for putting this all together, the roads, cars, and coast were very fun and it turned out to be a great HOTT day. Had a lot of fun talking to everyone and meeting everyone, makes me get more ideas for my car now. It was funny when we all parked at that one park where we ate and started a line going up the hill and people parked behind us! My friend Kevin had a great time too. Can't wait to see them pics!
I'm so upset about missing this one. Please post pics!

BTW, I was just in Cannon Beach last month (where Ecola state park is) and went for a swim at 10:00 at night! Very cold!
Posted By: KSpencer Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/30/03 04:37 PM
well one guy from washingotn was there so dont count us all out ok i had a blast ill will get some of the pics developed and posted by the end of the week i need snail mail address sent to my email address kenneth.danielavery.spencer@us.army.mil
so i can send copys of the discs with the photos on it to you guys mainly to those who were there first after that any one who wants them later ken from wa
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: June 28th G2G planning thread *UPDATE* - 06/30/03 04:37 PM
sorry i didnt make it guys, i tried to get my 3uim installed before i went and ran into a plethora of difficulties(square block-round hole)i spent all night trying to get her going but to no avail ,so i spent the rest of the weekend trying to get her going and finally finished @ about 1030 last night ,oh well thats what i get for tryin to screw w/ it before i left, should have left well enough alone

hope everyone had a good time

POST PICS

1slo30
(btw-what a friggin difference a 3 uim makes WOW)
© CEG Archives