Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus Van city sighting - 05/12/03 03:05 AM
On sunday, at about 4 pm. I saw a green svt with stock everything. No tint even. Maybe lowered a tad. At knight and King Edward? Are you out there?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Van city sighting - 05/14/03 05:55 AM
Again I saw it today! Green, STOCK! Who is this masked 'tourer
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Van city sighting - 05/14/03 06:18 AM
Yeah, the sight of an SVT Contour in Vancouver is rare indeed, especially the green ones.

Kerry
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: Van city sighting - 05/14/03 07:29 AM
Since I'm on the road almost all day, I see them quite frequently. I'm always in the work truck so don't want to look like a twit waving to them. I try to give a thumbs up though. Sitings seem to be fewer and farther between. There are at least three that I can think of in my municipality alone. Maybe thats why I see so many
Cheers

BTW Kerry, Finally got my DMD put on. WOW!! What a difference. Really quite smooth.
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Van city sighting - 05/15/03 05:33 AM
Good on you for the DMD!

I sort of forget how the car used to be. I still get a vibration in the clutch pedal, and a bit under engine braking above 3000 rpm, but it's certainly smooth enough!

Now I need an extra 40 hp!

Kerry
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: Van city sighting - 05/15/03 06:43 AM
Originally posted by kerrychin:

Now I need an extra 40 hp!

Don't we all!
I saw two friday (the most in one day ever...) Breezed by the other way around queensborough bridge, a silver stock looking SVT with some guy about, let's just say over 40.

Also, late night downtown by the stadium, a black one, (thinking it was Skeeter but it didn't appear to have HUGE wheels.)

Any of yous, or just "one of those other" SVT owners we don't know.
Originally posted by bc_mondeo:

Also, late night downtown by the stadium, a black one, (thinking it was Skeeter but it didn't appear to have HUGE wheels.)

Not I.
Mine's Silver Frost.
Just got it back from aircare repairs. Failed with 26,000km's!! Bad cat (warranty) and DPFE Sensor. What a difference after the repairs! Feels like I was down 10+hp.

Cheers
Originally posted by skeeter99:
Originally posted by bc_mondeo:

Not I.
Mine's Silver Frost.
Just got it back from aircare repairs. Failed with 26,000km's!! Bad cat (warranty) and DPFE Sensor. What a difference after the repairs! Feels like I was down 10+hp.

Cheers

Did you get a CEL for the DPFE sensor? I did, around the same mileage as you (long time ago).

Something's wrong with my car too...I think I'm down at least 30 hp, cause it just doesn't pull anymore. My UIM may need cleaning, and maybe my secondaries aren't opening all the way, cause it struggles to get from 5000 to 7000 rpm.

Kerry
Something's wrong with my car too...I think I'm down at least 30 hp, cause it just doesn't pull anymore. My UIM may need cleaning, and maybe my secondaries aren't opening all the way, cause it struggles to get from 5000 to 7000 rpm.

Kerry

Kerry, get the car warm and then pop the hood on your car. Manually rev the car past 3500 and see if the secondaries open. Watch right under the intake tube by the throttle body and you should see the mechanism move if so. If it does not move, turn the car off, turn it back on and try it again.

My secondaries would stop working after about 5 miles of driving and then I would have to turn the car off and back on and they would work again for another couple miles. I had a bad secondary controller. Ford wants a fortune for these things. Also follow your cable from your secondary controller, sometimes the cable frays and becomes disconnected.
Hey Rob,

Will do that. Also gonna check the K&N (which I haven't cleaned in 3 years!!) and maybe the fuel filter as well.

Maybe, just maybe, then I'll stop drooling over the RX-8 article I have sitting on the kitchen table.

I was having a hard time getting out of 1st gear today. Foot to the floor, it took about 5-6 seconds to hit redline! And no, I don't have 1600 lbs of concrete in the trunk either.

Kerry

Did you get a CEL for the DPFE sensor? I did, around the same mileage as you (long time ago).
Kerry

My CEL did come on. Of course it was three days after my Aircare test. Waste of $50.

One problem I had was at my mechanic. We tried two different SNAP-ON code readers, both with different levels of software and I was able a data stream but no codes. We reset the CEL and it took a good week for it to happen again. Had me worried. I thought the computer might be hooped.

I ended up going to Brown Bros. for the repairs. They didn't seem to have a problem. Must be a Ford computer thing. The DPFE was working but had intermittent "brain farts". I had them print out the diagnostics report and the sensor was all over the map.

Mine was also doggin' it from 5000 to redline and I thought it was the newly installed DMD. But since the repairs it pulls like new, just smoother. They also updated the PCM to a later calibration.

Mucho Better Now.
Glad you got it fixed (DPFE).

I cleaned the K&N last night and stuck it back in the airbox. Took 5 seconds to get out and 15 mins of wrestling to get back in. What a nasty thing. Made sure not to over-oil it.

Today the car pulls pretty hard and fast to redline. Not sure that was it, but the filter was dirty.

I get the feeling that my secondaries are intermittent, because last year I had the same problem and it was annoying.

- Kerry
Sorry to not help you with your engine lag, but do we know either of those 2 stock looking SVT's. Just wondering. Thanks.
Kerry...have you figured out the problem yet? If it is your IMRC controller I just saw a deal in the classifieds! Some guy is selling a 2000 CSVT LIM with the IMRC box attached and only wants $75! Check it out here:

http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=6

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the link.

I don't know, the car seems fine now. It's hard to believe that a filthy air filter choked the engine intermittently, but certainly cleaning it helped.

I now run up to redline in the first 2 gears daily at every opportunity on my commute to work. So far, so good.

Kerry
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Van city sighting, New! - 07/02/03 05:16 AM
While I was in Vancouver I saw a Black SVT. With License plate CVA ---. Just curious as to who is could be?
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Van city sighting, New! - 07/02/03 07:10 PM
I finally cleaned my black SVT, so there should be no mistaking the colour....& my 18" Oz wheels.....I'm usually around
Cambie & King Ed, or commuting between Burnaby and Vancouver, via King Ed, Kingsway & CDA Way!.

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Van city sighting, New! - 07/03/03 12:58 AM
If I do see this fine auto-mobile, what will it look like? Any pics...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Van city sighting-Aug 11 - 08/12/03 03:52 PM
Hi, I think I saw you Guntaker going back to slurrey yesterday. I saw you since getting on the highway at Grandview with 2 ppl in the car, then you kinda lost me going in HOV hehe, but caught a bit of you getting of at the surrey exit. I am hoping this was you anyway

If I was in my car you would've seen me (I'da caught up) but I was unfortuantely coming home from my first and only day of work in 2 months.

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Van city sighting- GUNTAKER - 08/13/03 10:11 PM
ttt
© CEG Archives