Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/08/03 02:31 AM
Ok, here's the deal, the Oregon people are getting a little restless for a get together. So I think we've decided that a run from Portland to the coast would be nice. I think the tenative plans are head out on HWY 26 westbound. Then just before getting to HWY 101 we will head south on HWY 53 heading towards Tillamook (this stretch is curvy). Once HWY 53 meets up with HWY 101 we will head north towards Astoria stopping as we see fit to explore some beaches, etc. Near Oceanside we should be able to drive the cars onto the beach if we so desire.

I've suggested a possible camping trip if anyone wants to do something like that, but that was just a thought. I probably will stay the night on the coast myself depending on the weather. We could also think about doing a BBQ at one of the day parks on the coast if we get enough people involved and can get the food divided among us.

Anyways, we have 4 weekends in June we could choose from, please submit your votes for the weekend that will most likely work for you:

Choose the day or days that would work for you, all dates are Saturdays:
June 7th
June 14th
June 21st
June 28th
1st two weekends
Middle weekends
Last 2 weekends
Any weekend in June

If you have a combination of dates that will work feel free to post. Please try and be as specific as possible so we can get the best feel as to when we would get the greatest turnout. Lets make the cutoff for this poll 1 week from today, so the 14th!
Posted By: Darren_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/08/03 05:39 AM
I am interested in joining in on the fun. The 14th is out of the question. The family and I will be making a bee line for Ashland that weekend.

But if that is the only weekend that can be done, so be it. I'll join in another time.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/08/03 06:34 AM
The first two are out for me, and one of the last two is also -- I just don't know which yet. My friends are hosting a LAN party, but they're not sure which day yet. I'll let ya know as soon as I find out, and vote then.

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/08/03 11:16 PM
Back to the top we go!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/10/03 12:21 AM
I'm pretty interested and would like to get one of these dates locked on my calendar, before something else fills 'em all.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/10/03 06:17 AM
I think maybe the 28th of June would be a good date? but thats MY opinion. Common people i thought we wanted to get a meeti ng goin! Lets see all of thoes NW SVTers!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/10/03 04:23 PM
Yep, the 28th is looking very positive right now. Currently it looks like we would have 6 that have voted that they could attend that day. I haven't voted, but I can attend any day also. So 7 right now, not bad so far! Keep the votes coming and I'll actually close the poll Monday morning. If I was a betting man though I'd say the 28th of June is it!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 03:35 AM
Ok...well the 28th of June is the date. Now we need to figure out exactly what we want to do.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 04:21 AM
Sounds good, did someone mention a BBQ perhaps on the beach if the weather is good? YEs, lets get some requests on what we should do. I think the BBQ or lunch would be fun. Any other ideas out there?
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 04:32 AM
Well I guess we should try to figure out how far north we are going to go. Qbert I believe you mentioned that you might stay the night. Where were you planning on stopping at? As far as food goes I am open to anything you guys decide on. If the weather is nice I can bring some footballs & some frisbees if anyone is interested.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 04:42 AM
Before i call it a night, i was wondering where were we gunna meet before we start driving to the coast or wherever, in Portland i think thats what someone said? And where are we gunna met, and when(time)? SVT rules.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 05:40 AM
TENATIVE PLANS

Ok, location and time for the gathering probably won't be announced until closer to the actual date. I'm guessing someone out around Hillsboro (on the way out of town) around 9 or 10 (depending on how many out of towners we have coming).

The trip to the coast should take about 1.5 to 2 hours. A lot of the drive is pretty straight forward on HWY 26 without a lot of curves. HWY 53 is where it gets curvy along with HWY 101. I may go explore an alternate route this coming weekend though. I'm thinking we can go all the way up to Astoria if we feel like it. I'm thinking that we will probably have lunch around Cannon Beach though.

Having a BBQ would be great that way we don't have to try and find a place on the coast. The only thing about this is that we need to split the food up amongst ourselves. This shouldn't be that hard, but it does mean that we need a very accurate count of people and if you say you are coming, you better come. 1 person can be elected just to go out and buy the food, then get reimbursed at lunchtime also (I imagine this person would probably be me if we choose to do it this way).

I think we should do the drive, have lunch, and then find some place to go drive the cars onto the beach around Seaside. Then we can park them and have some fun. I'm sure there will be hours of car talk, there always is at these gatherings.

Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 06:28 AM
I'm in for sure.
Its a great drive, I usually drive it once a month, my girlfriends parents live in Canon Beach.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 08:24 PM
drive on the beach?.... errr uhhhhh errr

no brake seals..
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/13/03 11:09 PM
I hope I am back on my feet by then. I would love to do the drive/cookout on the beach.

Damn back.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/14/03 04:21 AM
I am also kinda curious to know if any of you guys plan on bringing guests...(wives,girlfriends,or friends.) I was wondering because this will be important for the food issue & I might bring my wife if others are going, but won't bother if she will be the only one. And since no one answered my ? about the football &/or frisbee I guess I won't bother.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/14/03 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Woogieman:
I am also kinda curious to know if any of you guys plan on bringing guests...(wives,girlfriends,or friends.) I was wondering because this will be important for the food issue & I might bring my wife if others are going, but won't bother if she will be the only one. And since no one answered my ? about the football &/or frisbee I guess I won't bother.

I might bring my wife too, it depends if she wants to go and if she is on call that weekend. I'm game if you want to bring the frisbee and or football with you. If we get bored talking about cars and other things we can always resort to that.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/14/03 05:06 AM
Hey sorry bout that! Frisbee and football sound good! Im always up for some sport. I think i might bring just one friend, but things could change, i will let u know as we near the date of the meet.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/15/03 03:48 AM
My wife is a maybe as well & I will go ahead & bring the football & frisbee. If we do decide on the BBQ idea I was just wondering what we were going to BBQ with? I am also going to assume that weather will have some effect on our decision for food as well. Let's pray for nice weather.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/15/03 04:38 AM
My wife is a maybe as well & I will go ahead & bring the football & frisbee. If we do decide on the BBQ idea I was just wondering what we were going to BBQ with? I am also going to assume that weather will have some effect on our decision for food as well. Let's pray for nice weather.

I have a mini BBQ I could bring along. Obviously if there are too many people we would need another BBQ. I figure just hamburgers and/or hotdogs (easy).
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/15/03 06:28 AM
I am also kinda curious to know if any of you guys plan on bringing guests...
... about the football &/or frisbee...

I may not be able to make the 28th, but I'll see if I can reschedule my Neah Bay kayaking trip.

I usually bring a guest or two. My wife's come along once, and might again. Lance's wife usually attends, And when Leo came the last time his wife and their new baby came.

Games sound cool too! I'll play frisbee with ya if I can make it.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/15/03 11:49 PM
I'll try to come, but I don't know if I'll be in the area or not. I'm currently working in Virginia and who knows where I'll be by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/16/03 12:49 AM
Originally posted by shotwell:
I'll try to come, but I don't know if I'll be in the area or not. I'm currently working in Virginia and who knows where I'll be by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Good to hear from you Mike! Been a while. We'll have to get together sometime when you get back home.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/16/03 04:01 AM
QBert-your BBQ sounds great to me. I think burgers & dogs would be easiest as well.
Sadeeq-I really hope you can make it man. You can never have too many people for frisbee or football.
Christy and I are tentatively planning to go. We'll see in the next few weeks if we can make it to what sounds like a very fun drive!

-Lance
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Tour the 'tour...vote on a date! - 05/18/03 04:58 PM
Looks like its gunna be a sunny week down here in Eugene! GunnA give the tour a good wash and take her for a ride Hopefully it will be this weather on the 28th of June!
© CEG Archives