Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LuckySVT Contour shows? - 05/04/03 08:59 PM
Hey i was just wondering if there are any CSVT enthusiasts around where i live, in Eugene OR? I was wondering because i would like to meet up or have some kind of contact with CSVT people in my region. Also i was wondering if there will be any other meetings, events going on this summer? I dont mind driving a ways, as long as its not 8 hrs away. Because summer it will be sunny days! Perfect for cruisin or showin off the SVT's.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 03:11 AM
What's up Toby. I don't think I would say I live near by, but Lake Oswego isn't 8hrs away. I have only been to one Northwest meet & it was a over a year ago. It seems like most of the active members live in Washington & they meet more often than the Oregon fellas. Who knows, maybe as the weather gets nicer we can get some more things scheduled.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 03:48 AM
I'm always up for a meet, provided I'm in the area! Right now I'm in Virginia on business. We usually meet up every couple of months, show the cars a bit and take a little drive. At the last meet I was at there was talk of a Portland meet. Hopefully I can be there for it!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 06:22 AM
Aight cool, well hopefully when the sun starts shining more meetings will take place. I look forward to meeting more SVT enthusiats. If anyone knows of meetings going on in OR or even WA post it because i would like to attend them, I have slowly started addding more mods to my car, and want to show them off!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 03:26 PM
I autox my car every once in a while down in Eugene. The car and I are usually down there every event, next time the EESCC has an event, which should be later this month, I'll post and let you know. You can come out and race, watch, or get a ride with me out on course.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 08:09 PM
I've been meaning to make it to one of the NW meets, but haven't been able to yet. I met two or three people from the NW at Cascade Sports Car Club's Driver's School at PIR last August, but I'm bad with names, and don't remember who it was. I think we had five 'Tours out there that day -- most, if not all, SVTs! Other times I've been the only Contique of any flavor there. Anyway, I definately wanna come to one of the meets, and hopefully it'll work out for the next one!

BTW, If you've never had your car out to the track, I HIGHLY recommend it! Find a club who does driver's schools in your area and take one! Heck, take a BUNCH! Weee! Mmmmm... Four-wheel-drift...

Marty
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 09:14 PM
Hi Marty!

I was one of the drivers out there at that CSCC event. I'm sure we'll get something thrown together in the next Month or so. I've been thinking about going for a drive to the coast over HWY 53 off of the HWY 26 down towards Tillamook and then back up the coast towards the HWY 26 doing some sight seeing and lunch. Then heading back. Hell, I'd even be willing to do some camping if anyone is up for that.

Robert
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Contour shows? - 05/05/03 11:55 PM
Hey Qbert that sounds pretty fun. I have a buddy with a Focus SVT who might be interested in this as well. I think we should seriously consider this.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/06/03 01:42 AM
Well im glad more NW SVTers are showing more enthusiasm about meeting up somewhere and takin a cruise, SVT's rule!
Camping would be very fun! Just not when its raining, and remember, we're in OREGON
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Contour shows? - 05/07/03 03:40 AM
I'm not sure about the camping part either, but I am definately down with the drive. I think that would be a fun drive with all of the NW CEGrs.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Contour shows? - 05/07/03 05:15 AM
Hey Robert!

Sorry I didn't remember you or anyone else's name, but at least you remembered me! Yeah, I'd definately be up for a 'Tour tour, and the coast is always a good destination. I'm afraid this summer is gonna be especially busy for me, but hopefully I'll be free when we do this. I'm not sure about the camping part (although I do have a new tent... ), but for sure on the drive!

Marty
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Contour shows? - 05/07/03 05:17 AM
I would definately be up for a cruise.
Haven't met anyone but Qbert, so it would be nice.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/07/03 10:45 PM
You know the way realtors always say "location, location, location"? With my work, I'm VERY interested in car tours or camping or both, but it's still a matter of "timing, timing, timing."

And speaking of Oregon weather, how about how we get next to no rain from June to late October? We've got to be pretty safe figuring on SOMETHING during that period.

Anyone want to propose tentative dates?

And if someone in the know could post dates IN ADVANCE on which we could get in at Portland Internat'l Raceway, even if riding on some other clubs' coattails for their track days, a few of us would want to hear about it.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/07/03 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
You know the way realtors always say "location, location, location"? With my work, I'm VERY interested in car tours or camping or both, but it's still a matter of "timing, timing, timing."

And speaking of Oregon weather, how about how we get next to no rain from June to late October? We've got to be pretty safe figuring on SOMETHING during that period.

Anyone want to propose tentative dates?

And if someone in the know could post dates IN ADVANCE on which we could get in at Portland Internat'l Raceway, even if riding on some other clubs' coattails for their track days, a few of us would want to hear about it.

I will start planning a get together for all of us, tenatively in June. I agree that rain won't probably be an issue if it is held in mid June or so.

I am pretty sure Shaun and I are planning on running with the Porsche club next time they are out. We will post dates when we figure out which one we are going to be at. I should have some good ideas out by tomorrow on the G2G!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/08/03 12:49 AM
June sounds good, but how about NOT on June 21st? Thats my b-day, and i will be with fam. If u could plan around that MAYBE, that would be great! But im in for sometime in June, just cant wait to cruise
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Contour shows? - 05/08/03 04:22 AM
I voted on Qbert's post today. I also spoke with my FSVT buddy & he said that not only is he interested, but that he might be able to get a few guys from the FocalJet, if you guys are okay with that. Let me know as soon as possible so he can post the info for the Focus guys.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/08/03 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Woogieman:
I voted on Qbert's post today. I also spoke with my FSVT buddy & he said that not only is he interested, but that he might be able to get a few guys from the FocalJet, if you guys are okay with that. Let me know as soon as possible so he can post the info for the Focus guys.

I'm fine with the Focus guys coming along. We'll just have to try and make sure not too many people get their hand into organizing this thing. I've found the fewer people that control these G2G's the better, that way everyone is on the same page. So I'd say lets keep the planning local (as far as NW CEG is doing the planning) and they just have to follow what we are doing. They are free to input suggestions both here and on FJet (I check both), I just don't want the G2G to be like a chicken with its head cut off.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/08/03 08:27 PM
Yo if anyone is interested, i was up at a car shows 2 weekends ago and saw a silver svt contour with new wheels and 56,000 miles on it. I dont know what year it was though. Looked in great shape, shortshifter was in it also. I saw this SVT in Burien, WA. At mellenium ford. Burien is right off of I-5, going north, you take the 1-405 exit(look for the 518 highway), I-405 eventually turns into 518 and there will be 2 stop lights coming into your view. Take a right at the 2nd stop light. They are very close to eachother so dont get them confused! And just down the road on ur left should be mellenium ford. Just givin out this info for anyone interested in buying a silver SVT!
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Contour shows? - 05/10/03 10:31 PM
Qbert I totally agree. My friend won't post anything until we get all of our planning squared away. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this G2G too!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/15/03 03:52 AM
Hey Qbert, i think i heard what autocross you were talking about that is going to happen on June 7th if im right? Anyways it will be held behind Valley river i think, and was just wondering if this is the event you were talking about attending. My friends say they have done this and that you can become a member perhaps?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Contour shows? - 05/15/03 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Toby:
Hey Qbert, i think i heard what autocross you were talking about that is going to happen on June 7th if im right? Anyways it will be held behind Valley river i think, and was just wondering if this is the event you were talking about attending. My friends say they have done this and that you can become a member perhaps?

Yep, that is the one. I'm planning on being down there all weekend. You don't have to become a member if you don't want to. I think members drive for $15 and non members for $20. You're welcome to come out and get a ride from me if you like either day. I'm pretty sure I'll race the 'tour. I run on race rubber too so it is just that much more fun!
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Contour shows? - 05/15/03 04:35 AM
Sounds like fun! Look forward to this event, i will post something here in the NW section when the event nears so i can know where to meet you, etc.
© CEG Archives