Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: js139 Getting into it!!!! - 03/22/03 02:23 AM
How is everybody doing. I am just starting to work on my 2000 SVT and I have a friend that is doing the same. I know I see a fare amount of other SVT's in the area, and i was wondering if there was a club or a group to get into that meets in the Seattle area. Anybody know anything? If not, maybe it is time to get one going. I am open to any and all thoughts. Thanks

Jeremy Plank
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/22/03 03:57 PM
That would sound good to me. I don't know of any existing groups or anything, but I would like to start having get togethers.
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/22/03 08:07 PM
Of course there's a local group! NW-CEG meets haven't been that regular, but we met last month on a cold, rainy winter day at Darren's.

My hope is that in the summer we can have one up in Vancouver, BC. I'm happy to organize. We can take a run up the sea-to-sky (to Whistler and beyond), or something like that.

- Kerry

Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/22/03 08:17 PM
Well there is the nwceg, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Seattle group. Focaljet has a group that meets at claim-jumpers I think once a week about 10 minutes south of Seattle.
Posted By: Mark_West Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/22/03 11:35 PM
I'm up in Seattle and I just got mine. I'm up for what ever, I'm just looking to learn all I can
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/23/03 01:23 AM
Originally posted by 95Mike:
Well there is the nwceg, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Seattle group. Focaljet has a group that meets at claim-jumpers I think once a week about 10 minutes south of Seattle.

No [censored], really, I live like 5 minutes on I-5 south of there. Damn, I didn't know that. Hey if anyone wants to meet next sunday morning. Just say so. I am up for it. I should be done with all my painting. Well almost. I am painting stuff like crazy. I have so many awsome pictures, but I just reformatted and can't find the software for it... Soo.... yea, When I get those, I will post pictures. They look so awsome. I am also in the process or redoing my guages. Working on them as I am posting. They will be silver, but Light up blue at night. The HVAC and head light control area will also lite up. And I got all my blue leds installed except sunroof. Haven't found a good place to tie in with the without going into the head light switch.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/24/03 04:40 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
And I got all my blue leds installed except sunroof. Haven't found a good place to tie in with the without going into the head light switch.

Haven't read the lighted moonroof switch howto, have you?

-Lance
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/24/03 07:09 AM
hey if any one wants to put together any kind of svt contour club im down, i live in anacortes but am willing to drive almost anywhere,give me an e-mail thereiks@msn.com(I also run a car club called scrapinearth,we have a supercoupe,a SHO,a few fox body mustangs,lightnings etc..)I want to be a part of something i dont have to run,just be a part of and have fun
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/24/03 06:22 PM
Originally posted by 1slo30:
hey if any one wants to put together any kind of svt contour club im down, i live in anacortes but am willing to drive almost anywhere,give me an e-mail thereiks@msn.com(I also run a car club called scrapinearth,we have a supercoupe,a SHO,a few fox body mustangs,lightnings etc..)I want to be a part of something i dont have to run,just be a part of and have fun

we should look into something like that around here. I guess we could all meet somewhere like tacoma or something once a month. I don't know how far that is from you. Its like a 20 minute drive for me. But, I guess I am willing to drive about 45-1 hr max away. (if gas wasnt so hi it would be like 2 hrs.)
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/24/03 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
And I got all my blue leds installed except sunroof. Haven't found a good place to tie in with the without going into the head light switch.

Haven't read the lighted moonroof switch howto, have you?

-Lance

nope, I don't like reading the tutorial. I like to be able to find out how to do it, Just furthers my knowledge
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/24/03 06:39 PM

nope, I don't like reading the tutorial. I like to be able to find out how to do it, Just furthers my knowledge

While you're at it why don't you reinvent the wheel!
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 03:19 AM

In time you will learn there's nothing wrong with learning from what's available prior to attempting something yourself, especially if time or money is at stake.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 04:54 AM
Originally posted by 1slo30:

we should look into something like that around here. I guess we could all meet somewhere like tacoma or something once a month. I don't know how far that is from you. Its like a 20 minute drive for me. But, I guess I am willing to drive about 45-1 hr max away. (if gas wasnt so hi it would be like 2 hrs.)

hey how bout lynwood, that seems pretty central for everybody and there are plenty of places to meet,(although I wont be driving the svt due to refinery turnaround interfering with my 3 ltr swap)
Posted By: mazda p5 driver Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 05:34 AM
I wouldn't mind Lynwood. Just want to meet some of you, make sure my car is running right, etc. You get the point
Posted By: js139 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 09:07 AM
Well it definitely sounds like there is some interest. I say lets get something going. If everybody is down for a Saturday morning or Sunday morning, we can try to set something up for that. Lynnwood doesn't sound too bad, but if we have people coming from Anacortes, we might try something more central. I like the idea around Southcenter because it is close for Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, or anywhere else that people might come from. Sorry for Brandon, but he is going to have to drive from Anacotes. If that sounds goods, we can maybe do it a week from this Sat
-or- Sun. Lets keep the feedback coming and get something going.
Posted By: js139 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 09:08 AM
Well it definitely sounds like there is some interest. I say lets get something going. If everybody is down for a Saturday morning or Sunday morning, we can try to set something up for that. Lynnwood doesn't sound too bad, but if we have people coming from Anacortes, we might try something more central. I like the idea around Southcenter because it is close for Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, or anywhere else that people might come from. Sorry for Brandon, but he is going to have to drive from Anacotes. If that sounds goods, we can maybe do it a week from this Sat

PS- sorry, posted in the wrong spot!!!!!
Posted By: Mark_West Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 09:14 PM
Why not do something around downtown ?
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 09:43 PM
I was gonna say the 5th also, or maybe the 6th. If we go the 5th i can bring my GF along, she said she might wanna come. I was thinking we could drive down to long beach. its a few hours drive, but it has nice scenery all the way there. Hang out for a couple hours, grab a bite to eat. Maybe go on the go carts and race, (lol legally). What do you guys think. I am completely free next saturday or sunday (5th of 6th)
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/25/03 11:33 PM
I wish I could do somethign that weekend, but between a concert on Thursday, a housewarming on Friday and a baby shower on Saturday, AND having my son from Saturday morning on, I dont think I can squeeze a meet in.
Posted By: 1slo30 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 04:55 AM
Originally posted by js139:

I'm down for a drive, i love the drive from anacortes to sea-tac area, I feel we should maybe find a way where everybody can get together(irc,phone calls,msn messenger) at once and come up with a meeting time/place, I am in the middle of a oil refinery shutdown which requires me to work 12-18hrs a day at least for the next week or so, soo my time now is VERY limited due to wife/son/work but im sure we can come up with something!!!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 05:00 AM
The 5th is out for us, we'll be visiting family.

-Lance
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
The 5th is out for us, we'll be visiting family.

-Lance

Alright, its looking like most everyone can't do the 5th, So what about the 6th, lance you in for the 6th. beowulf, [censored] forgot your name, anyways.... what about thr 6th. I can do either day. Just gotta be back in town by 5 or so. Which shouldn't be a problem.
Posted By: js139 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 10:29 AM
A drive sounds like a good idea. I also agree with the 6th. I feel a bit selfish cause that would be the day that i would pick. Everyone needs to make a time and place preference known so we can all go from there. i suppose we will not all agree, but we can take the majority. Is there anyone who is willing to take the "larger" role and start getting everything together?
Posted By: Mark_West Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 04:47 PM
I start school on the 6th so I'll be out. Maybe next time for me
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Mark_West:

you start school on a sunday?
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 07:12 PM
The 6th would work for me also.
Posted By: Mark_West Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mark_West:

you start school on a sunday?

Yea to fit it into work as well
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/26/03 11:33 PM
nope, Sunday is too busy. I drop my son of around 5:45 and I bowl at 6:30.

Sorry. maybe next time.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Getting into it!!!! - 03/27/03 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
nope, Sunday is too busy. I drop my son of around 5:45 and I bowl at 6:30.

Sorry. maybe next time.

I have to be home by 5 or 6pm, so you don't have to worry, i figured we would hang out till 4 or 5 and head home.
© CEG Archives