Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SleeperZ Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/10/03 03:43 AM
Anybody know of a place close to Portland (within an hour or two) to but unleaded racing gas?
96 or better octane.
I know there is a 76 in Mt. Vernon, WA that sells some.
But a 4 1/2 hour drive is a bit much.
Anybody know os a cheap place to order some?
Octane boost. Buy at your local auto parts store if you really must.

Why do you need racing gas? Do you have NOS or forced induction?

Kerry
Posted By: auiotour Re: Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/10/03 05:20 PM
if you were near auburn, I would tell yea that there is a 76 with 106 octane but they won't let you put it straight into your car, you have to put it into a container first then do it somewhere else, unless you bring a race car on a trailer and fuel it up.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/10/03 08:37 PM
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Octane boost. Buy at your local auto parts store if you really must.

Why do you need racing gas? Do you have NOS or forced induction?

Kerry

I got nitrous.
92 octane is alright for small shots of nitrous.
But I need 96 or better when jumping to 100+ HP shots.
Octane boosters from auto parts stores only add like .1 or .2 octane points, it would take like 20 bottles to get up to where I needed.
Gonna have to order it, darn its expensive!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/10/03 11:04 PM
They sell Everclear down in Oregon....

Originally posted by Sleeper:
Anybody know of a place close to Portland (within an hour or two) to but unleaded racing gas?
96 or better octane.
I know there is a 76 in Mt. Vernon, WA that sells some.
But a 4 1/2 hour drive is a bit much.
Anybody know os a cheap place to order some?

Have you checked the 76 by PIR? How about the airport (I bet that is leaded though)?
The best place to check is the race tracks, next I would find a high perf. shop to see where the drag racers are getting there fuel.

Personaly, I can get it in Mukilteo, WA and there used to be a place just off of everett mall way that sold it. I don't know if they still do.

When do you need it?
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/11/03 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Qbert:

Have you checked the 76 by PIR? How about the airport (I bet that is leaded though)?

I haven't checked the 76 by PIR (don't know why I haven't), but I have checked Salem and Woodburn.
The 76 website lists two places in WA (Mt Vernon and Mukilteo) that sell race gas and none in OR.
Airport has leaded fuel only.
Won't need it for a few weeks, just looking into it now.

Posted By: auiotour Re: Racing gas???? 96 or better octane????? - 03/12/03 03:55 PM
Okay, I went to the 76 station, they have 105, 118, and 129, damm, but its hella expensive from what I could tell, this guy was gasing up a a huge truck, and he had just started and had like 3 gallons and was like 12 or 13 dollars.
© CEG Archives