Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: geedubb_dup1 What to do now...? - 03/08/03 12:29 AM
I'm not sure what to do now with my car. The insurance company has yet to figure out the value (they hope to know by Monday). Then should I salvage it? If the estimate is around $9000 then it'll cost near that to fix. However, if I choose to go this route, I could do some stuff myself and cut out the high costs of labor. But then, I still need the replacement parts, so anyone have any parts they're willing to sell? Or anyone interested in buying a burnt up '98 SVT? I really like the car, and I'm near upside down in the loan so I'm better off keeping it and fixing or selling. I'll have a better idea what exactly is damaged on Monday if anyone wants to know. At this point I could really use some advice or suggestions!

Thanks-

Greg
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/08/03 02:11 AM
You could always part it out. How fried is the engine on the exterior? Are the heads still good?

I'm not sure how profitable it would be, but something to consider. Bumpers and sideskirts are always sought after. I want dibs

-Lance
Posted By: geedubb_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/08/03 05:09 AM
I should have an exact idea of how bad everything is Monday to help decide what route to take and if anything is worth parting.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: What to do now...? - 03/10/03 11:03 PM
isnt his car a 98? forget Lance, I have dubs on his skirts and bumper.

Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/11/03 06:28 AM
Rear bumper will fit just fine as will side skirts... Front bumper needs serious mods, but I would do it

Can't steal my dibs!

Any word on what will happen to the car?

-Lance
Posted By: Beowulf Re: What to do now...? - 03/11/03 06:45 PM
Damn yous, Lance! You have thwarted me!
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/13/03 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
You could always part it out...

That's probably the way to go.
I've got dibs on the headlights. (Hightower, here I come!)
Posted By: freezin my A-- off! Re: What to do now...? - 03/14/03 06:21 PM
hey lance, can i have the front bumper?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/14/03 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
You could always part it out...

That's probably the way to go.
I've got dibs on the headlights. (Hightower, here I come!)

Come on now Sadeeq...get the MM Quad sports!!! They are the best of both worlds, painted on the inside and you get HID's!!! Though I'm sure that would set you back over a grand! It's not my money though.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: What to do now...? - 03/18/03 02:59 PM
hmmmm.... only a grand? I'm just $1000 short !!
© CEG Archives