Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Good news Bad news Part 2 - 03/02/03 07:56 AM
Hey guys. Just thought I'd update you a little.
Today I got the whole vortech system installed. All I have left is to put back the radiator and change the oil! Very exciting. I also changed my rear O2 sensor. I swear I spent as much time on that as I did the vortech. I ended up just ripping off the UIM and the rear valve cover.
Bad news: although the install went smoothly overall, I did manage to puncture my a/c condensor:(
I don't need it for a while, so I guess I have time to save up to get it fixed. Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorow hopefully.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: Good news Bad news Part 2 - 03/02/03 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your A/C... but you live in WA, so you could always take the 2 hot days per year off!
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Good news Bad news Part 2 - 03/03/03 02:18 AM
Got everything done about 12:00 today. Runs great! Three things though:
1. haven't had a chance to ride in it by myself, but it doesn't pull as hard as I hoped (with 2 other people in the car). I'm thinking maybe the bleed-off valve may be letting a lot of my boost escape.
2. My electric fans aren't kicking on as much. Normaly my fans kick on as soon as I start the car. Now, they seem to only work after the temperature goes above what it normaly sits at.
3. I have a cel still.
I'm sure it isn't the O2 sensor, so I'm going to have to get it scanned to see what it is this time.

BTW, I know the a/c kicks on when the defrost is on, is this going to be a problem with my current situation? I can live without the a/c for a while, but I can't not use the defrost.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Good news Bad news Part 2 - 03/03/03 05:39 AM
Fans only kick on right away if the A/C is engaged (A/C or defrost), and since your A/C is broke...

EDIT: You are right, you will have NO defrost from a window clearing perspective. With the rains around here, this is a safety concern so you may have to plunk down the cash now and get it fixed.

-Lance
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: Good news Bad news Part 2 - 03/03/03 05:58 AM
Originally posted by 95Mike:
... I know the a/c kicks on when the defrost is on, is this going to be a problem with my current situation? I can live without the a/c for a while, but I can't not use the defrost.

Interesting point. Perhaps you should pose that question in the Troubleshooting forum.
Let me know what happens.

Sadeeq
© CEG Archives