Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Portland Autoshow - 01/23/03 11:55 PM
Well just to let everyone know, the Portland Auto Show is coming up January 31st - February 3rd. I'm thinking about going on the afternoon of Saturday the 1st right now. Anyone up for getting together for that? Some of you may remember coming down last year, that was pretty fun. Anyway thought I'd let everyone know that it was happening. If you feel like meeting, put your thoughts in!
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/24/03 06:14 AM
Damn, I'll be out of town.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/25/03 03:10 AM
hmmmm.... interesting. Maybe I'll come down with the family for that.

... or maybe I'll come down alone!

Any plans to go go-cart racing again?
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/25/03 05:11 AM
I will be there for sure. I was at the meet last year as well. I'm not sure if I will be going on Sat. or Sun. because I'm waiting to see when my friend is available. I'll keep you informed.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/25/03 07:41 PM
I am out, I am soon to be driving to NY most likely to buy a 95 gl.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/25/03 08:17 PM
Originally posted by drajen:

That is either one hell of a deal on a 95 or you're insane! There are probably 20 of them for sale on autotrader within 200 miles of Portland, most of which are under 4K! By some quick calculations you're going to spend at least $360 just on gas to get out there and back, not counting motels or food!
Posted By: auiotour Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/25/03 09:30 PM
we calculated that up, so now we are flying one way down there, (got free tickets hehe) and then driving it back, 2600 only has 104k on it. they said it was in great condition. So we are gonna go get it. its cheaper in the long run, to do it this way, plus we both need a trip. Can't wait till he buys it, we will have another CEG in the northwest. Seems like we have a shortage of people around here lol. I am getting more one by one!!
Posted By: Outback Gal_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/26/03 07:35 AM
we calculated that up, so now we are flying one way down there, (got free tickets hehe) and then driving it back, 2600 only has 104k on it. they said it was in great condition. So we are gonna go get it. its cheaper in the long run, to do it this way, plus we both need a trip. Can't wait till he buys it, we will have another CEG in the northwest. Seems like we have a shortage of people around here lol. I am getting more one by one!!

Really? I just found some great deals on 1995 Contours around the seattle area on the classifieds through seattle times. All of them have less mileage than the one you are looking at for not much more than you are paying. And you won't have to rack up more mileage driving it cross country.

Here is a 95 with 97K for only $2750

Here is a 95gl 5 speed with 91K for only $3000

Here is a 1995 with only 59K for only $3550!

-Christy
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Portland Autoshow - 01/27/03 07:48 PM

I think you are smokin crack, boy!
Posted By: Jaxo_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/01/03 10:04 AM
I will be at the autoshow sat. Can't wait to check out the cars!! I'll be there from around 11:00ish to 5ish. So if anyone is planning on going tommarow and wants to say hi that would be great. Will take many digital shots with my crappy camera. Somethings better then nothing, right? Anyways, Call or text me on either of my cells (yes I am a phone whore) 503.998.9186 or 503.310.0740 (my name is Chris). I really want to start meeting some NWCEG's. Only a couple other auto junkies I know that I can talk to about cars (although I really dont know much). Laterz.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/01/03 05:40 PM
I'll probably be there around 12 or 1. I'm going to park at the Lloyd Center Theaters parking lot and take the MAX down.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/02/03 09:57 AM
I went last night. Does anyone have a favoriate car from the show?

I liked the

Saab 9-3
WRX
Mazda 6
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/02/03 06:10 PM
Hmmm, I'd have to say:

Jaguar S-type R
Lancer EVO
WRX STI
Mazdaspeed Protege
Posted By: Jaxo_dup1 Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/02/03 08:03 PM
Definitely the WRX STI. It was already about 11:00 or 11:30am and they still had the hood down on the STI!!?? I had them open that [censored] up so we can take a look at it
Very nice!
Loved all the Gran Turismo's. I have a good shot of the wheels on the lambo, black deep dish rear wheels. Love it!
The Z4 was alright
I really wanted to see the GTO... not there
AMG Kompressor(sp?) was one of my fav.
Audi A6? Yea... pretty sure that is the one.
F150 Harley bu-t-full!
350Z
Mazda 6
The VW SUV Turoug or however it's spelled.

The ford guys pretty much told me SVTs can't sell and thatâ??s why those dealerships were not in the show. Disappointed in that.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Portland Autoshow - 02/03/03 04:17 AM
I thought the whole show went well. I'm sorry I missed all of you guys. I liked:

Audi RS6
Lancer Evo
Subaru WRX STi
Mazda Speed Protege
Mazda 6
All of the Mercedes
350Z
Gran Turismo collection
© CEG Archives