Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 02:37 AM
Just looking to see if anyone wants to get together sometime soon. Figure we can go out and get some food and BS for a bit. Let me know what some of you local guys think.

Rob
Posted By: auiotour Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 07:43 AM
I am up for it, ((under 21, but hey, I don't mind if you dont))
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 03:28 PM
I like beer..

Plus Andrew, don't know his screen name just got some Ground Controls which I really want to see.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 04:25 PM
Local pizza and beer? You silver tongued devil! Or even somewhere between Portland and Seattle (If only there were a Contour speedshop at the outlet mall in Chehalis? Just kidding)

And if someone has ground controls in the back, I am interested in checking 'em out... I got some extra SVT rear springs that I was gonna take over to Oregon Spring Co. in SE Portland to see if they could custom up some springs with the stock ride height but stronger, as I cannot carry anyone in my back seat without tire rub driving us all nuts. Everything aftermarket seems to be lowering (and only a few adjustables) and I figured lowering might be counterproductive to fixing that rubbing. Aren't the ground controls adjustable?
Posted By: auiotour Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 06:56 PM
Anyone wanna meet down in long beach, near the coast, its a little bit of a drive from seattle but atleast it would be a great place to meet. Its about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for me, but Hey, I go to MT every month and thats like 1000 miles. So I am not worried about the trip. So lets set a date. I am think of we can either do it soon, and pray for the weather or we can all meet closer to spring/summer, like maybe march/april? Anyone have any suggestions or preferences?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/03/03 07:15 PM
Right now with the crappy weather I don't really feel like driving very much. I'd wrather just get together with some of the PDX people. March or April sounds good for a larger meet though.

What date are you guys thinking? Anyone available this weekend? I'll be gone next weekend. During the week? I just figured we'd go to BJ's or something like that. BJ's is kinda nice, if you don't feel like pizza they offer other items.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/04/03 12:32 AM
I'm semi-flexible this weekend and local and interested. The longer advance notice I have the better.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/04/03 06:52 PM
Name a time and place Qbert and I'll try like hell to get there. I'll probably have to find a babysitter, so some advance notice would be good. If you've got today in mind let us all know! Someone's got to nail the time. Even Sunday would be good. I already agree with the place. BJs is sweet! As for this morning and early afternoon, I have to finish working on my friend's '72 442 Cutlass. It's a water pump job, so I'm praying no bolts break!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/04/03 10:41 PM
Anyone interested for tonight (Saturday) @ 7pm? post here and check back around 5:30pm and I'll post an update. If not we'll try for sometime tomorrow.
Posted By: auiotour Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/05/03 12:11 AM
I am out for anytime soon, Just got in a wreck, fixing my baby back up.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/05/03 12:38 AM
Wow, that sucks...sorry to hear that. I'm sure a beer would help (beer fixes everything).
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/05/03 01:07 AM
Ok, it doesn't look like anyone is posting so is anyone interested at around 6 on Sunday?
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/05/03 02:40 AM
I would come but to far away sorry....like way to far away.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/05/03 08:38 AM
Damn! I can't go on Sunday...I have to drive to Spokane. Maybe next weekend.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/06/03 02:37 AM
did I just miss this?... NOOOOOO!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/06/03 04:22 AM
No, maybe sometime during the week...I think peoples schedules are still off from the hollidays.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/10/03 07:36 PM
Ok, here we'll try this again...how about Friday the 17th? How does that sound for everyone around here?
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Qbert:
...how about Friday the 17th?

... errr... how about meeting us on the 18th at the Supermall? We could meet in Tumwater at my house as a 1/2 way point, then go for drive to the Automall, then head back to mi casa and work on cars.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 04:54 AM
We'll see if the soon to be Mrs. is up for it. I should be doing some wedding stuff, but we'll see.
Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 05:07 AM
tell her that it's part of who you are, and that she needs to see that side of you.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 07:25 PM
I think we should do it in Portland.. there is a WA meet happeing around the same time
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 07:30 PM
I'm still up for this Friday here even if I do decide to go north on Saturday. Anyone else besides Shaun?
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/14/03 11:55 PM
I dunno yet, I'm waiting to see if my new Y pipe arrives, if so, that will affect my weekend plans.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/15/03 07:25 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
I dunno yet, I'm waiting to see if my new Y pipe arrives, if so, that will affect my weekend plans.

Cool, post again before Friday saying if you feel like coming.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/15/03 03:17 PM
I'm still up for this Friday here even if I do decide to go north on Saturday. Anyone else besides Shaun?

hey... I may have another guy who wants to go. He does not most post much so I'll call him.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/15/03 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ArcticSVT:
I would come but to far away sorry....like way to far away.

wow!.. that would be far
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/16/03 04:43 PM
Ok, so Shaun and I are in, anyone else? Is your buddy coming Shaun?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/16/03 07:20 PM
Are you guys talking about meeting in Portland or up north? I'm going to be up in the Seattle area anyway so I'll be there the 18th. Just wondering.
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/16/03 08:17 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
Are you guys talking about meeting in Portland or up north? I'm going to be up in the Seattle area anyway so I'll be there the 18th. Just wondering.

This is for tommorow (Friday 17th), you going to come? I'm not going to be able to make it up north.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/16/03 09:16 PM
What time and location on Friday around Portland? Hopefully not 5 PM on EB I-84, nor 217 by Washington Square, etc etc. And it's shaping up to be DRY!!!!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/16/03 11:06 PM
I'm thinking about 7ish...how does that sound to everyone?
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 06:14 PM
7-ish in Portland tonite will clumsily work although I may also be on my way from Hillsboro en route to one of the REI locations around that time also... but then I can try to do this contour detour on the way or go to REI earlier or later, etc etc. There's gotta be a way to at least stop by for a quick hello.

Dumb Question: Are you shooting to have this at one of the BJs locations? If so, WHICH ONE???

If not, then WHERE?

If this Friday pm meet does not work, I've got a wedding in portland at 11 am Sat with a reception at 6pm in Hillsboro to attend, but may be free otherwise much of mid day saturday and maybe also sunday.

OK, SHO SHOP, WHERE'S MY Y PIPE!!!???
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 06:26 PM
I'm thinking the one that is by the Llody center, somewhere around 7th and Wiedler(sp?)...possibly 8th street.

It would be cool if you stopped by...if you have any questions of where we are at you can give me a call on my cell, but it's a 541 number...541-840-4767...My name is Rob.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 08:15 PM
Sorry guys, I can't make it. I'm currently in Oak Harbor visiting friends and plan to be in Auburn tomorrow. Maybe next time!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 11:16 PM
Well I'll be there...haven't heard back from Shaun yet, but I'll assume he'll be there and if not, o'well.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 11:19 PM
Well I'll be there...haven't heard back from Shaun yet, but I'll assume he'll be there and if not, o'well.

I'll be there...

Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/17/03 11:23 PM
Is your buddy going to come?
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/18/03 01:25 AM
I'm not sure. He said something about a family members in town.
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/18/03 07:07 AM
PDXSVT and Qbert nice you hang out with you guys. We'll have to do it again some time soon.

Posted By: Sadeeq_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/18/03 07:10 AM
how was the beer and grub?
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/18/03 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
how was the beer and grub?

Beer was great as usual, and the sandwich was good too.

It was good meeting up again Shaun and nice meeting you Bob, hopefully when the weather gets a bit better we can get together and BS a while longer.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: PDX get together? pizza and beer? - 01/19/03 05:45 PM
Shaun and Qbert: Lowly grasshopper feels he is not worthy, oh great masters. But a track day sometime after monsoon season sounds great. (So the grasshopper wants to stretch his legs??)

Good sell job for a DMD, Shaun, when added to the posts on duratec oil levels, bearing failures, etc. Qbert makes me wanna look into heatshielding for my oil pan. It's another point in favor of synthetic oil. And an extra pint of it.

Shaun's front brakes look like they'd stop his car if it were dropped off a building.

And was one of the other mods mentioned a rear strut tower brace?

Thanks again, gents.

Bob
© CEG Archives