Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
The forecast looks good for the 26th! As far as I'm concerned the run is on. Beowulf and Sleeper are still in I believe...let me know guys. I'd like to see some more of us though! I have considered shortening the run to stop at Winthrop, which is just on the other side of the mountains and about half the distance. I'm probably going all the way to Grand Coulee Dam, and any of you are welcome to join me, but the really scenic and super twisty part of the drive is the mountains. Those of us who do decide to go need to come to an agreement as to where and what time we are meeting in Mount Vernon. I suggest we meet around 9:00AM and go from there. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please air them. There's only a few days left to plan!
Bring your cameras, there is some AMAZING scenery. Even some good places to stop along the side of the road and get car pictures.

Have fun!

Kerry
Yes yes yes yes yes.
Plan is still a go, just need to piece my car back together Friday night.

Just give me a time and place!
I may join you guys, but we'll see what happens. I'm going to go out and watch the guys during the day out at PIR on the 25th at the very least.
Originally posted by Qbert:
I may join you guys, but we'll see what happens. I'm going to go out and watch the guys during the day out at PIR on the 25th at the very least.

I live in Auburn near PIR. After 8:30PM my schedule is clear...you staying up here for the night?
I actually live in Hillsboro. So if you want to get together later or something, that would be cool.
Originally posted by Qbert:
I actually live in Hillsboro. So if you want to get together later or something, that would be cool.

I just shudder at the thought of a fellow New CEG'er stuck in a lame ass Auburn no-tell Motel. Let me know by thursday if you need a partner in crime.

Alright all, I have the final details on this run. We'll meet at the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot located at 2021 Market St., Mount Vernon, WA, 98273. You can plug that into Mapquest for simplicity. It gives the proper directions, I checked. We can meet at 9:00AM, but if that's too early we can set it back...let me know! From Mount Vernon it should take us three or four hours to get to Winthrop. From Winthrop to Grand Coulee Dam is about another four hours. I hope everyone is ready for the drive because it's going to be a lot of fun!
well some other things have come up and I'm not going to be able to make it. Sorry guys.
That's cool Qbert, we'll catch ya another time. So we've still got two...Beowulf and Sleeper. Is 9:00 alright to meet?
My passenger side front brake rotor has decided to warp on me.
I will be unable to go canyon carving this weekend.
I guess I'll finally have to put my new front brakes on.
Originally posted by shotwell:
That's cool Qbert, we'll catch ya another time. So we've still got two...Beowulf and Sleeper. Is 9:00 alright to meet?

I can do 9:00.

It is just me and you?

Looks like it Beowulf. Let's keep the same meeting place and everything in case anyone else decides to show up. Even if they weren't going on the run it would be nice to see some more cars. Everyone is welcome...come on out!
If you want to meet me somewhere farther south (I live in Auburn) and then caravan up to Mt. Vernon together, that would be good.
Sorry I didn't check the boards earlier. I was at PIR doing some drag racing. I guess we'll be meeting in Mount Vernon. See you then!

Mike
I didnt get back to it either...I waited until 10AM...you didnt show so I did the run solo.

The Weather was perfect and traffic was light. I enjoyed myself.
Sucks that I couldn't make it too. If I had a cell phone I would have given you the number...oh well. Damn ricers ruined my whole weekend! Good thing I got off though. Getting my car towed would have REALLY sucked.
You missed a beautiful drive. I hope I find an explaination of the "ricers" comment somewhere.

BTW, people that do not know what they are doing should not be allowed to do work on my equipment this late at night.
The "ricers" comment had to do with what happened to me on the way up. I was going up I-5 just short of Olympia at about 6:45 when 10 or 12 cars caught me like I was standing still. I was going 75 or 80 MPH, they were easily doing 120 plus. I was in their way (I was passing a semi truck) so they were all trying to get around me...it wasn't pretty. No sooner had these guys shown up then State Troopers start appearing out of nowhere. Some came out of the rest area we were passing at the time, some were waiting. We all got pulled over. Only three of the little b***ards got past me, so everyone else was behind me on the side of the road. The police took down all of our license numbers and started at the back, dealing with one car at a time. Three of them had been towed by the time they got to me, over an hour later! They were all souped up "ricer" cars, you know the type. The cops were pretty puzzled when they started to talk to me. Seems I didn't fit their stereotype. I didn't have an import car and I wasn't a kid with a backwards hat on. I'm 27 and quite plain looking actually. One officer was raking me about not having my front license plate on the bumper, also my lack of proof of insurance (just switched to USAA). They of course took their time running my license and everything while I tried to explain that I was not involved. After a while they went up to the next car while another officer stayed and talked to me. He was much more rational than the others. After a bit of talking he handed me back my license and said, in a nutshell, we don't know if you were invloved or not, but none of these guys seem to know who you are so we're letting you go. By this time it was well after 8:00, so I stopped and hit the restroom at the next exit. There wasn't any possibility of me making Mount Vernon anywhere near 9:00, so I headed out to Spokane via I-90. Sorry I couldn't meet you Beowulf...I'll catch you on the next run I guess, maybe sooner.

What are you talking about when you say, "people that do not know what they are doing should not be allowed to do work on my equipment this late at night?" I must have missed something here.
Damn those ricers to hell!

Too bad you didnt come up anyway...i was there till 10.

Oh well, it was still a fun run and I had a nice drive all by my lonesome.
Wow, that's quite a story!

What gets me is how stupid those people are... do they really think they can get away with sustaining 100+ on I5? They are putting so many lives at risk! Idiots! I hope they all lose their licenses permanently.

-Lance
Hmmm...
It's a good thing that I wasn't meeting you. That happened within a few miles of my house!!
I admire your composure. Under the circumstances I would have taken the Rice-bait. Surely by the time the cops appeared, I'd be well worthy of a few tickets.
I'm sorry I missed it, but I suppose it was for the best.

So you never got a ticket for the missing front plate?
I guess the good thing is that I didn't have time to play. When everyone caught up on me I jumped into third to get in front of that truck...I wasn't sure if the lead guy could slow down in time! The cops appeared like 30 seconds after I first noticed the ricers, so I guess I really didn't have the time to play. Good thing too. As far as my license plate, it was in my front window so I guess they let that slide. All in all I was very lucky. With my driving record I'm surprised I didn't get a ticket at all.
Glad everything worked out.
Seems like every meet has a runin with the cops.

I think it was Dan from Canada who got stopped the last time. He a ticket, so consider yourself lucky.

... and stop racing rice
© CEG Archives